It's always been you

Par l0vemercury

♡♡♡ Natasha smith was always known as the 'quiet girl', she has a tight circle of childhood friends, and spen... Plus

2024 UPDATE
00♡intro
01♡collage
02♡jolly ranchers
03♡friend?
04♡skating
05♡birthdays
06♡saviour
07♡the call
08♡funeral
09♡more books!
10♡bad day
11♡halloween
13♡sick
14♡uh oh
15♡arguments
16♡misunderstood
17♡peaceful
18♡date
19♡get away
20♡friendly advise
21♡cookies
22♡roadtrip
23♡Christmas
Should i re-write??

12♡new style

2.5K 37 10
Par l0vemercury

"so much pain for someone so young"

🤍Nat🤍

It's been a week since Cole's birthday and Abby is demanding that we go shopping because apparently my style needs updating. Whatever that means.

Our psychology class got canceled during lunch so Abby decided that it's the perfect time to shop. I wouldn't say I'm over the moon excited about it but I am excited. What I'm not excited about is the fact that Abby is most definitely going to make me buy clothes that aren't in my comfort zone.

I tend to wear baggy jeans, oversized hoodies and occasionally a skirt but that's it. I would really like to start wearing skirts and dresses but I just don't have the confidence for that. Abby knows this about me and is determined about getting me out of my comfort zone.

She's also my own personal hype girl.

"Ok so i was thinking we could stop at urban outfitters first. Considering it's now November they must have those cute sweaters you like, we can match them with some skirts and stuff too."

Me and Abby just said our goodbyes to the guys and are now making our way towards where her cars are parked. The stores aren't too far away so we could walk but knowing abby we will end up with a million bags so there's no way i'm walking home with that many bags.

"We should get coffee first because I know I'm going to need it if I'm shopping with you." I laugh at the glare she sends me before getting in the passenger seat.

"Yeah yeah whatever. By the way I was stalking your pinterest last night so i know everything we need to get." how on earth-

"How in god's name did you find my pinterest?" I swear this woman could work for the fbi.

"I have my ways. But honestly nat your pinterest board is so fucking cute and i promise you we will acheveie that style." she pats my thigh as we turn into a starbucks drive thru.

Coffee my love!

Abby orders for both of us and doesn't let me pay since last time I did but I still flick her arm.  I don't like it when people pay for me, it makes me feel weird. After about another 10 minutes we're parking and getting ready to shop.

"Let the fun begin." Abby shacks the ice around in her cup and offers me her arm.  Considering it's 1pm on a Thursday it's not too busy which is nice, it's gotten a lot colder now but it hasn't started snowing yet.

"Like i said first we can go to urban outfitters, then h&m since i know how much you love that place. Then we'll see what else we find.'' This is going to be a long trip.

We head into urban outfitters, i can hear 'style' by taylor swift playing in the background. I see only a few people in the store including the staff. Abby drags me straight to the section of the store where a load of sweaters are.

"Fuck these are so cute!" she picks up a striped white and beige sweater holding up against me like a mom would.

"I'm guessing you're going to make me get this in each color."  I take the clothing item from her hand and just hold my arm out so she can stack the others.

Black and green, red and black, blue and white, brown and white.

"Ok i'm going to get us baskets, you keep looking." Abby doesn't even give me a second to respond before she's gone.

I do as she says and keep looking, I find these white sweaters that remind me of rory gilmores so I grab them, who doesn't love rory gilmore. I walk over to the right a little bit and find a little table that has socks and tights on it. I picked up some pretty looking white socks that would look nice matched with tights and my doc martens.

"Put your stuff in here, sweets." I jumped slightly at Abby's voice not hearing her come over. I turn around and dump my clothes into the basket she has opened for me.

"Thanks, my arms were hurting." We both let out a laugh and continued browsing.

We end up being in this store for an hour. I walk out of there with lots of sweaters, some new long sleeve shirts that remind me of Elena Gilbert, a couple of skirts and some accessories.

I already feel like I have more than enough stuff but Abby wants me to basically buy a whole new wardrobe. Or well fill my current one up since I have about 3/4 of it still empty. Back home I had a small ish closet because I only really wore jeans, tees and jumpers.

"H&M next, oh i'm also thinking we should go to the north face store because i know we both want that balck puffer jacket. Or if we find a doop in h&m we can get it there."

"I like your thinking." for some reason i never thought of buying a coat because it never got too cold back home, but now in new york where it snows all winter.

Yeah not the smartest thing to forget.

Much like urban outfitters there was music playing in the background, not sure what song, and very few people. I head off towards some cute dresses that caught my eye.

It may be winter but that will not stop me from wearing these dresses, if i ever find the confidence. Or knowing Abby she will make me wear them then drag me out of the house. Crazy woman I swear.

Since i got a lot from the other store i desired i wont get much here therefore i didn't bother picking up a basket. Until Abby comes back to me and hands me one.

"Buy as much as you want babe, this is basically your makeover." she winks at me before heading off to another part of the store.

I take the dress in my hands and admire it, it's a pretty dark green with white dots all over. It looks like it's around mid thigh length and doesn't show much cleavage. Perfect. I put it in my basket along with a few other just different colors.

I found some nice looking cardigans that I think would look nice along with the dresses. I picked out a balck one, white one, a light purple one and finally a dark green one. I continue to wander around more and I end up finding a lot of stuff I like.

Jeans, tops, shirts, sweater vests, jeans, skirts.

I meet Abby in the accessory area, I find her looking at some gold rings. She's become a gold jewelry kinda girl whereas im a silver jewelry kinda girl.

"You should get those, they match that necklace you got a few weeks ago." I tell her as I come up next to her.

"Yeah I was thinking the same," she turns to look at my nearly filled basket. "Woah you really went all out." I breathe out a laugh feeling my cheeks heat in embarrassment.

"I guess I did huh."

"We are going to have a fun time getting all these bags up to our apartment, thank god for elevators.'' I hum in agreement as I look at some headbands before placing them in my basket.

"Come on, let's go buy these, then we can go since I think we got everything we came for, and more." 

We both pay for our clothes then head back to the car. We have both ended up with about 7 bags. Three from urban outfitters and four from H & M. I've only been carrying them for about 20 minutes but I feel like my arms are going to fall off.

I think I'm done shopping for next year.

♡♡♡

It's now nearly 4pm when we make it back to our place and as we walk up towards our door we hear voices inside. Me and Abby share a confused look before I shrug my shoulders and unlock the door before entering.

What we find is our friends laid out on the two couches, eating OUR food, and watching tv. They dont notice us until the door slams shut, making them, and me, jump. They all turn to us with wide eyes.

"Why hello people who do not live here.'' I walk over towards my bedroom door and just place my bags there before turning back to them and sitting on the couch next to Theo and ezra.

"Why the fuck are yiu here. You literally live next door.'' Abby narrows her eyes at them and I see from next to me theo looking at her with love heart eyes.

"Um well you see, um. Ok we didn't really have a reason. At first we thought you guys were home but then found out you weren't so we stayed until you was and now look your home so we're here.'' Theo rambles all that out in one breath.

I can't help but let out a small laugh at his slight panic due to the baby's expression. In return I get a glare from him, making me laugh twice as hard.

"Fucking weidos, anwyas im going to out my shit away nat i suggest you do the same." she struts off to her room leaving no room for a response.

"What did you get? The only time you go shopping is for books." Cole looks over the back of the couch trying to get a look at my bags but fails.

"Clothes, Abby wanted me to come out of my comfort zone a bit more so she took me shopping to get new stuff." I shrug nonchalantly.

"Never thought I'd see the day where Natasha Smith goes clothes shopping." jj lets out a dramatic gasp and smacks his hand over his mouth.

"Oh, be quiet." I threw a pillow at him before getting up and taking my bags into my closet like Abby said.

I sit on the floor and dump everything out. I first grab all the accessories I got and quickly place them in my bathroom before sitting back on the floor. I start to take tags of things and fold them when I notice a shadow near my door. I look uo and find Ezra, arms crossed over his chest and him leaning against the door frame.

Why is it when men do that they look hot as hell.

"What's up?" I ask him, he doesn't give me a reply, he just sits down on my floor in front of me.

"Nothing, just thought you could use some company. Also wanted to see what you bought." he gives me a lazy smile as his back rests on the wall behind him. His balc hair flops down over his forehead, still slightly damp from practice I'm guessing.

"You look tired ezra." I keep my voice as soft as possible.

"I'm fine, practice just wore me out today. I think it's because I didn't eat a lot at lunch and before you go and try to give me food I made myself a sandwich before you got here."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm okay sweetheart. Now show me what you got." he gestures to my clothes with his hands.

For the next 45 minutes me and Ezra stayed in my closet with me showing him each item I got and him helping me fold them. He gives me ideas for outfits and what would go with what along the way which causes my heart to flutter.

We also talk about our English homework and what we're currently reading. I think one reason I've fallen for Ezra is because of how easy it is to talk to him. Somehow I can always pick up a conversation with him and it could go on for hours.

Sometimes I wish I didn't fall for Ezra because I know that nothing will ever happen between us and when he does find someone he likes I know it will break my heart. I will be beyond happy for him and support him the whole way but it will suck seeing the guy you've been in love with your whole life with someone else.

So I just wish I didn't have these feelings for him but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants. And I just have to live with it, which I'm fine with since I have been for nearly 19 years now.

"Hey you ok?" Ezra's voice snaps me out of whatever I was just thinking. I have to blink a few times to realize I have zoned out.

"Hm yeah sorry i zoned out i guess." I gave him a smile before going back to my folding.

"Are you sure, you zoned out for a good five minuets nat." His eyebrows are frowned slightly causing a wrinkle to form in the middle.

"Im fine ezra you know i tend to zone out sometimes.'' I lean forwards and smooth the wrinkle out before suffering his hair then leaving back.

"Leave my hair be." he mumbles.

He looks so sleepy.

"Come on, you sir are having a nap. You look like you're about to pass out." I stood up and grabbed his hands to pull him up too.

I walk to my bed and let him collapse on top of it. I give him a minute to get comfortable under the comforter. While he does his thing I go and pick out a book to read, I decide on 'a million kisses in your lifetime'. I walk back over to the bed and get in next to Ezra who I think is already asleep.

He's laying on his stomach, face laying on his cheek on my pillow facing me, one arm under the pillow while the other is god knows where. I smooth his hair out of his eyes with my hand before I lean up against the headboard and open my book.

"Thanks for staying nat.'' I hear Ezra mumble after a few minutes.

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon ezra."

♡♡♡

The next day I decided to wear one of my dresses, not caring that it's cold outside. If i don't see snow then i'm still going to wear my dresses, i'll live by that from now on.

I decided on wearing the green dress that has the white little dots on them. I also apre it with a black cardigan, white ruffle socks and my doc martens. I've not my usual jewelry on, my hair is freshly washed and flowing down my back.

I take a look in my bathroom mirror and for once I actually think I look nice in an outfit like this. I do a little twirl and giggle to myself at my childish behavior. I really hope today is a good day.

Since I'm up a bit earlier than usual I decided I'm going to make myself pancakes for breakfast. Since I've made them about 100 times before, I can make them pretty quickly and efficiently. After about 20 minutes I have a plate of three pancakes along with chocolate spread and chopped strawberries on top.

Such a good breakfast.

I then realized i have 20 minute left until i need to leave, so i quickly eat my breakfast slightly sad that i have to divore it so quickly. I'm able to grab my bag, phone, keys and wallet just in time before I have to head out.

I made it to class with three minutes to spare.

♡♡♡

"Well look at you, don't you look stunning." That's the first thing I hear out of Ezra's mouth when I find him after my math class. As i'm walking up to him i do a tiny twirl like i did this morning making us both laugh.

"Thank you very much sir, don't look too bad yourself." he just rolls his eyes and slings an arm over my shoulder guiding me to our english class.

"Oh my gosh i made the most delicious pancakes this morning with chocolate spread and strawberries! They were to die for, sadly i had to eat really fast otherwise i would have been late.'' I grumble out the last part, still upset about my pancakes.

Rip pancakes, eaten too quickly but were super yummy.

"Well i hope these will cheer you up about your pancakes.'' I see him pull something out of his back pocket and I squeal when I see a pack of all blue sour patch kids!

"Oh my gosh thank you so much!! You're my favorite person. I hope you know that.'' I rip open the candy and shove about four in my mouth letting the sourness cover my tongue.

I place one near ezras mouth, he opens his mouth to eat them and ends up biting my finger in the process. I can't help but let out a gasp and frown at him.

"Well that wasn't very nice.'' I mumble. Ezra just smirks before grabbing the hand he just bite and kisses my fingers.

"I'm sorry sweetheart."

Think my heart just exploded.

♡♡♡

word count: 2900

bit of an odd, slight short and random chapter but I loved it. can we also talk about sleepy Ezra 😭😭 I love him so much.

anyway ill see you next chapter 🕺🏻

-S🤍

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

786 22 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
6K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
8.3K 217 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
97K 1.9K 35
"One of the few things I learned in my life was that death always comes. Senescence, illness or... murder, death is always the end every single one o...