Creatures of Hell Book 1: Whi...

By MysteriousGoth

"P-please don't kill me!" I cried, closing my eyes and waiting for the pain of his teeth, sinking into my ski... More

Chapter 1: Light to Dark
Chapter 2: Waking Up
Chapter 3: Meet the Vampires
Chapter 4: Head of the House
Chapter 5: Devils Got A Great Smile
Chapter 6: Hearing the Impossible
Chapter 7: Friends with Fangs
Chapter 8: Death Drink
Chapter 9: Four Weeks of Hell
Chapter 10: The Vamp Week
Chapter 11: Deal of the Damned
Chapter 12: Shopping for Sadness
Chapter 13: Blood Loss
Chapter 14: Driving Towards Death [Sedrick]
Chapter 15: Dying Alone
Chapter 16: Witches Work Wonders
Chapter 17: White Shows Everything
Chapter 19: Broken Promises
Chapter 20: Blood Bound
Chapter 21: Coming To Terms With Life [David]
Chapter 22: People Change
Chapter 23: Waking Up to Reality
Chapter 24: Reluctance Doesn't Pay Off
Chapter 25: Monster on Earth
Chapter 26: Distractions
Chapter 27: The Spirits
Chapter 28: Cared For
Chapter 29: The Broken Girl [Sedrirck]
Chapter 30: Knife Pain
Chapter 31: Witnessing Hell [Sedrick]
Chapter 32: Slipping Away [Sedrick]
Chapter 33: Happy Endings [David]
Chapter 34: Lonely World [Sedrick]
Chapter 35: Burn it Down
Chapter 36: Eternal
Chapter 37: Hateful Liar
Chapter 38: The Truth
Chapter 39: Whole Truth
Chapter 40: New Era

Chapter 18: Promised to the Wicked

1.2K 46 2
By MysteriousGoth

Malik and a suitable song ------>

The hour passed quicker, much quicker than I would have hoped.

Maddie and Serena came back with two purple bridesmaids dresses and after hearing the news about how close the wedding was, Serena had a big arguement with Malik about not getting hair and make up completely done fast enough. Malik just ignored her and said either be ready or don't be a part of it which sent Serena into a bad mood and so none of the bridal party were actually talking as we waited for the end of the hour to approach.

It made me more nervous, waiting like a siting duck for the hour to end.

I had a bad feling in my stomach, it was so sickening because of what I was going to lie about that I had to get Maddy to help me put my dress and shoes on whilst Serena was doing her own make up.

I nervously began tapping my foot on the floor, twidling my thumbs at the same time. If it were possibly to wear a hole into a floor by starring at it for a long time then the floor in mine and Malik's bedroom stood no chance.

The sickening feeling in my stomach soon turned to a pain and I began to double over with it, that's how much it hurt.

Serena went off with Maddy to get a witch to make sure I didn't have any internal bleeding or anything like that from yesterday's near death experience; but I knew the truth, I wasn't bleeding inside I was dying inside.

I felt guitly to my own kind and the time that I spent just waiting for my own sham wedding was imbearable.

I began pacing around the room, most brides get wedding jitters but I manage to get wedding phobia.

"Where's Serena?" Sedrick said bluntly, scanning the room for a sign of her presence.

"Not....here..." I said, panicking.

He just nodded and went to leave the room but I couldn't stand being alone anymore.

"Sedrick!" I blurted out, making him turn around and stare at me with a questioning look on his face.

"What?" he said quite rudely.

"Please...just stay and talk to me...I can't..." I just shook my head instead of finishing the sentance. What I really wanted to say was 'I can't go through with this wedding' but I wasn't going to say that, marrying Malik is my ticket out of here.

"Fine." he said and then walked over to the bed, plonking down on the mattress. 

I stared at him, hoping he would make the first bit of small talk but instead, he just looked around the room, looking anywhere but at me.

"Aren't you going to say something?" I said really quickly, shocked that it had actually come from my mouth, from my brain. I was freaking out soo badly and all I wanted was comfort but he wasn't giving it to me.

"What?" he replied, once again, rudely.

"Just say something." I said really quickly, getting annoyed with him.

"I don't see why I should be the one who starts the small talk." he said finally catching my gaze but meeting it with a look of annoyance.

"Are you annoyed with me?" I said in disbelief. Why was he acting like this, I hadn't done anything to him.

"No? Really? You think I'm annoyed with you? Well let's have a round of applause for the blonde over there! She really can see past her own selfishness!" he snapped sarcastically.

"What? Why are you acting like this?" I asked. Had I missed something?

"Acting like what? Rude? I wonder who I seem to be acting like? Any names come to mind Candice? Anything that you think could be considered as 'rude'? Because I've got plenty more that I wanna say but at the risk of offending the 'queen' of the vampires as the townspeople are calling you, then I think I might just leave!" he shouted and then left the room, slaming the door behind him.

I fell to the floor, doubling over with even more stress and worry.

I never had been good at dealing with stress, I often lash out at the people that I love because of it but I still have no reason why Sedrick is acting like a douche.

I blinked away the tears that were emerging at the corners of my eyes, the last thing I needed was to be shouted at by Serena for ruining my make up.

"We brought a witch!" Serena shouted and then shoved a pretty looking teenage girl into the room. The expreion 'speak of the devil and it's sure to appear' came to mind with Serena but I quickly forgot about it and stood up to greet the girl.

"Hi, my name's Lily, I'm the daughter of one of the witches that healed you yesterday so I should be able to help if something didn't quite heal-"

"Yeah, yeah no time for plesentries, just hurry up and heal her!" Serena snapped and Lily quickly grabbed my hand and then began saying a spell or a something in witch tongue.

It was a strange experience, she seemed to be chanelling energy through my entire body, everything inside me suddenly felt awake instead of the numbness that it had been feeling earlier, I felt alive! 

I was soo alive, living and breathing seemed minnor to just the feeling of what Lily was doing to my body.

I felt a smile make it's way onto my lips and looking around I could see that Serena was chuckling to herself because of the dumbfound look on my face.

All of a sudden, the feeling seemed to be gone.

"I couldn't find anything physically wrong with you but there was probably some trauma from, well, the trauma. I gave you a peaceful spell and so you the feeling in your stomach should be at peace....You look great by the way." Lily said, looking me up and down.

"Oh...thankyou." I said. She was right, physically and emotionally I felt peaceful but I still was feeling nervous as hell and no amount of spells or chanting was going to change that. I did feel better then earlier.

"Show time!" Maddy sang as she came into the room, holding the door open so that we could all leave. "Oh but there's just one more thing, here." she said and then handed me a bouquet of flowers.

"What's this?" I asked, stupidly.

"Well every bride needs a bouquet to throw but it's also you something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new." Serena said.

"The bouquet is for my wedding so it's borrowed, the flowers are fake but blue - and old, and then the ribbon that's tying the bouquet together is silk that me and Serena bought at the market when we went to go and get some dresses today, making it new." Maddy chimmed in.

"Thankyou." I breathed, they really were the closest friends that I've ever had, even though I was kidnapped by their friend.

"Chop chop! No need for chit-chat, we can't keep Malik waiting!" Serena said and then we all left the room, Lily going ahead so that she could grab a seat and watch the wedding.

Serena and Maddy walked infront of me, leading me down the halls and keeping dead silent.

The house always had seemed silent when I was awake during the day time, even though it still was day time, the house just seemed extra quiet. It was creepy.

I began to get nervous again, the fear of standing up infront of loads of people that I've never met before and then claiming that I love their leader even though it's all just a sham, it was terrifying.

Just focus on getting through the ceremony, it''ll all be okay after then. Just focus on going home, don't think just do.

I heard and looked around in the halls.

Other than me, Maddy and Serena, there was nobody. 

It was probably just my brain, telling me how to get through today without freaking out. Whatever it was, it was making complete sense.

I breathed to myself, watching where my feet were placing going when I began to hear music.

"Here we go." Serena whispered and then her and Maddy held a formal pose infront of a large wooden door where Sedrick was stood, waiting.

He nodded to Serena and Maddy and then took a place beside me, holding an arm out for me to take.

"I understand that it is normally the father of the bride's job to walk her down the aisle but I am given to understand that you're father is dead. Please do take my arm, it is not at my request more of Malik's request." Sedrick spoke, looking fed up and his body language told me that he really didn't want to be here at all.

I reluctantly placed my arm in his and the Maddy and Serena looked round at me and gave me a big thumbs up.

That's when the music began to change into the wedding march but more of a classical version.

I breathed in deeply as Maddy and Serena took the first step into the room.

I watched the floor as Sedrick tugged me along the aisle, taking a step and then pausing, all the way up the aisle.

I didn't dare look at the people around me, I was far to nervous to even contemplate looking at the people that Malik had invited.

Maddy and Serena forked off to oneside of the edge of the aisle and Sedrick slowed our pace and released my arm. That was when I decided to take a chance and look up.

We were in Malik's throne room, there had been flowers added to the room aswell as candles that were scented with a rose smell. An altar had been added to the room that was covered in a white, flowered sheet and a man that had a glow about his skin was stood infront of the altar. Malik was stood to one side of the altar, Leonardo was stood just behind him and on the other side of the altar, Maddie and Serena stood, looking at me with a happy smile on their face.

Sedrick realesed my arm and Malik took his place but with a much happier look on his face.

I put my best fake smile on my face and let the ceremony begin.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today on this joyous occasion to witness the union of our master and his devoted fiancée. Before we can start with the official wedding ceremony, I wish to ask our congregation if anybody here knows any unlawful reason of why this couple should not be joined in matramony?"

There was a long pause, it begged for some one, anyone to shout 'because Candice don't love Malik and this marriage is a sham!' but nobody did.

It wouldn't get me anywhere, hoping that somebody else would save me. The only person that can save me is myself.

"I shall continue with the ceremony. I have never met a person more loyal and respectful to a cause as what Master Malik has been to this one. He began to change things in the laws of vampires right from the minute he came into house. He vowed that he would never let a vampire drain the blood of a human as long as he has been on the throne. Master Malik is an insperation to us all. It gives me an even greater pleasure to announce that he has found his soulmate, a woman who she herself had never known about us mythical creatures before she met Master Malik. Yet this woman, this lovely young lady has reached into her heart and found love for him, she found her soulmate. By finding love for each other, this vampire and this human have shown what love actually is. They care for each other, love each other, trust each other, what more could a person want when they look for a partner? Although Master Malik has not yet introduced his wife to the rest of the town, the courage that is shown by the pair in standing up in front of a whole judgemental town, even though just yesterday there was an incident involving the slayers is remarkable and we should all celelbrate this couples union with open arms! My friends here, the congregation, this couple's union should not be taken lightly. This couple should feel comfortable in our audience!...Master Malik, would you please read the vows that you have prepared." 

I turned to Malik and he looked at me in the eyes.

"Candice. Since the moment I first saw you, I knew immediately that you were my soulmate. I felt it in my skin, in my bones, but most of all, I fet it in my heart. Since the death of my father I found it difficult to connect with people, I felt soo meaningless. But then I saw you. You were a ray of sunshine in my stormy weather. You were so kind, so generous to the people around you that I actually had trouble walking away that night. When you came here, I felt so happy. My life had a meaning, a purpose. You were everything I could of wanted in a person and more. Over the short amount of time that I have gotten to know the person that you are, I want to know more. I want to know everything about you because you mean the world to me. People always expect me to be the perfect leader but the now that I have you, I am the perfect leader."

"And now Candice, if you would say your vows." the witch said.

I looked at Malik and he whispered to me, "I'm sorry, just say what comes to mind."

I looked down at the floor for a minute and took a deep breath, "Malik. When I first met you, I'm not gonna lie but I was terrified. But I soon realised that there was no need to feel scared...You make me feel calm in a world that I thought I knew. You help me to understand things that I'd never thought that I'd ever be saying....Yesterday, I felt so lost and so alone. I thought I was going to die but then you came and you saved me...It's...There's no way to say..." I couldn't stop tearing up and so the witch decided to care on with the ceremony.

"Do you, Master Malik take Miss Candice to be your loving wife? Will you love her, cherrish her and promise to love her for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." 

"And do you, Miss Candice take Master Malik to be your loving husband? Will you love him, cherrish him and promise to love him for as long as you both shall live?"

I looked up at Malik and looked back down at the floor.

I couldn't do this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 446 32
Previously 'Rejected And Accepted' #899 in werewolf (04/09/20) {WARNING ! This isn't a really good book. Although I am proud of making it till the en...
208K 9.6K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
802 240 23
𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 π’”π’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’” 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 π’ƒπ’π’π’Œ -𝟎𝟏 "Hope" I shout her name while running, trying to find her everywhere but even a sin...
258 5 21
Amanda was just an average human living or should I say surviving the everyday life of being in this corrupted society. When she turned 16 she kept h...