My Sunshine | Camille O'Conne...

By CamSmileyFries

Talia Mikaelson, fifth born child of Mikael and Esther Mikaelson, sister of Finn, Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, and R... More

Prologue
(1) Always and Forever
(2) House of the Rising Son | Part 1
(3) House of the Rising Son | Part 2
(4) House of the Rising Son | Part 3
(5) Tangled up in Blue | Part 1
(6) Tangled up in Blue | Part 2
(7) Tangled up in Blue | Part 3
(8) Tangled up in Blue | Part 4
(9) Girl in New Orleans | Part 1
(10) Girl in New Orleans | Part 2
(11) Girl in New Orleans | Part 3
(12) Sinners and Saints | Part 1
(13) Sinners and Saints | Part 2
(14) Fruit of the Poisoned Tree | Part 1
(15) Fruit of the Poisoned Tree | Part 2
(16) Fruit of the Poisoned Tree | Part 3
(17) Bloodletting | Part 1
(18) Bloodletting | Part 2
(19) The River in Reverse
(20) Reigning Pain in New Orleans | Part 1
(21) Reigning Pain in New Orleans | Part 2
(22) The Casket Girls | Part 1
(23) The Casket Girls | Part 2
(24) Après Moi, Le Déluge | Part 1
(25) Après Moi, Le Déluge | Part 2
(26) Dance Back From The Grave | Part 1
(27) Dance Back From The Grave | Part 2
(28) Crescent City
(29) Long Way Back From Hell | Part 1
(30) Long Way Back From Hell | Part 2
(32) Le Grand Guignol | Part 2
(33) Farewell to Storyville | Part 1
(34) Farewell to Storyville | Part 2
(35) Moon Over Bourbon Street
(36) The Big Uneasy | Part 1
(37) The Big Uneasy | Part 2
(38) An Unblinking Death
(39) A Closer Walk With Thee | Part 1
(40) A Closer Walk With Thee | Part 2
(41) The Battle of New Orleans
(42) From a Cradle to a Grave | Part 1
(43) From a Cradle to a Grave | Part 2
(44) Rebirth | Part 1
(45) Rebirth | Part 2
(46) Alive and Kicking | Part 1
(47) Alive and Kicking | Part 2
(48) Every Mother's Son | Part 1
(49) Every Mother's Son | Part 2
(50) Live and Let Die
(51) Red Door | Part 1
(52) Red Door | Part 2
(53) Wheel Inside the Wheel
(54) Chasing The Devil's Tail
(55) The Brothers That Care Forgot | Part 1
(56) The Brothers That Care Forgot | Part 2
(57) The Map of Moments | Part 1
(58) The Map of Moments | Part 2

(31) Le Grand Guignol | Part 1

275 14 2
By CamSmileyFries

Life is a chore. Moving through the same steps day by day. Sometimes it can be pleasant, but only if ensured the life is what I want.

And it isn't.

I never wanted to be the savior of this family, I just saw Elijah doing a terrible job of it and knew I'd have to fill in.

Elijah swore to protect our family, but he let Niklaus stick Finn in a box for nine hundred years and repeatedly dagger Kol, Rebekah, and myself. He failed the vast majority of his family. All in the name of making Klaus happy.

And even then, he failed that too!

Elijah's greatest power is being able to hide behind our half-brother like the coward he is. To never gaze at the person he really is and instead playing the part that attaches him to others.

On his own, well I don't know who my big brother is. And I'm scared to ever find out.

So I had to take control, and I hated it. Being the bad cop for my little brother and sister, reprimanding them when they fucked up. They would always complain that Elijah never treats Klaus like that.

But that was the point. Klaus was a nutcase because of that behavior.

Sure, Kol could fly off the bend as well, but he wasn't nonchalant like he was. Though not having an enabler brought about jealousy. Especially when Marcellus entered the picture.

As for Rebekah, our older brothers treat her like an accident waiting to happen, which only makes her want to prove them right.

The only thing stronger than their rivalry with Klaus and Elijah was their rivalry towards each other.

The bickering, the constant fighting for my attention, was made only worse when I then had to raise Klaus' adopted son for him.

Now that was a very stressful ten years.

Because while Klaus and Elijah treated the other younger siblings like children, I was recognized for my maturity and relied upon by my brother to take care of them.

The same bullshit our parents forced onto Elijah.

It was not my responsibility to take care of another person's child if I didn't want to. It was unfair for that to have been thrust upon me.

And I didn't realize any of this until I spent that day with Cami, Davina, and Josh.

For a moment, just one moment, we were our own family.

A family I got to choose.

And I loved it. I thought it was just a reaction to my sunshine, but it was more than her.

The woman I had feelings for and I looking after two innocent children, it filled me with a light I'd never known.

And then I had to return to the Mikaelson world of New Orleans, where my siblings gave me the unique job of taking care of another person against my will.

I love Hayley, she's my first real friend in centuries, my best friend, but I can't help but feel the cycle of Klaus' drama being thrust onto me yet again without my input.

And all Elijah needed to do to convince me was say he needed me. And I went running like a fool.

My life is not my own, not because of that vow but because of the two patriarchs who got to interpret what it meant.

I have been mourning Finn alone for years, feeling unimaginable guilt at not spending enough time with him while my siblings escape that responsibility.

Klaus spoke two words and it was as if he forgot immediately after. I never even got to see where his ashes were. If my brother even bothered to collect them. All he cared about was the stupid sire line poppycock.

And Kol.... I watched my baby brother die, Klaus did too, yet Jeremy and Elena Gilbert are still alive, Elijah even saw to that and stopped Katerina of all people from finishing the job.

I had to deal with the grief of both of them alone, making me feel more isolated than ever.

Is this going to be the case for Rebekah as well?

No, Klaus wouldn't kill her. He wouldn't.

What happened in 1919 was hard on him, but he wouldn't go that far.

We lost so much that night, he wouldn't add to that.

I was standing with my two brothers in another jazz club as we gazed at the differing factions sharing stories and wine. Peace in the Quarter, and all because of my siblings and I standing together and putting in work.

Klaus beamed. "Well this is a first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops." It truly was remarkable what diplomacy could do with the humans. He has me to thank for them, as the faction was pawned off onto me. "All happy as clams and drunk as stoats."

Elijah ordered four shots, the extra for Lana, the leader of the werewolf faction, and very easy on the eyes. Unfortunately my snake of a brother got to her first. Would've given her a night to remember.

The werewolf in question made her presence known. "You gotta love this city."

Elijah raised his glass. "To a new era! Collaboration in the face of Prohibition."

Lana followed suit. "To your docks, their booze, and our theatres to hide it under. You're welcome, boys." She cleared her throat. "And the lady." She winked at me, which I returned.

I rolled my eyes and raised my glass. "May the party never die!" And we clanked our glasses together.

Klaus smirks. "Now, I shall have to think of a way to thank you personally, in a manner befitting a werewolf queen." I look at Elijah and fake gag. I'm going to be sick.

Lana leans into my brother and strokes his face. "Catch you on the dance floor." And walks off.

Elijah grins. "Who would have thought it possible? The unification of New Orleans?"

I laugh. "Does this mean an end to your pessimism? Now we can bust out the champagne!"

Klaus playfully claps both of us on the shoulders. "We did it, brother, sister." He looked so happy, I couldn't help but smile back.

Elijah responds. "Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision? This was all you." I smack him on the shoulder. "With the beating heart of our lovely little sister." I smack him again. Nice, but not what I had in mind. He scowls at me. "I suppose I did well also."

I grin. "Thank you, brother." I always need to make sure he gives himself credit. I turn to Klaus. "And you wanted me to work in the sanitarium with Bekah."

Klaus rolls his eyes. "I think you're remembering things wrong, Talia. Why would I turn away my best negotiator and mediator?"

I smiled as I placed a hand on his shoulder. "But Elijah is right. All of this was your idea, brother. You should feel proud." I've never known us to be this close in a long time. This really was a new era.

An era of hope is beginning.

What I didn't know is that Rebekah had already colossally fucked up.

I need to get out of bed.

Starting to move, my body feels heavy. But I don't remember dying, just dozing off in my brother's arms.

Elijah!

My panic causes me to fall off the bed and I hear a whoosh. "You're awake! How do you feel?"

"Like shit." I groan.

My older brother moves to lift me. "I wish there was more time, but there's too much happening and I need assistance."

I shake my head. "Where's Rebekah? Klaus?"

"With any luck Rebekah is on the other side of the world with Marcel. Niklaus.... Follow me." That's not a good sign.

I slowly follow him to our brother's room where he laid shirtless, scar down the stomach, and moaning in pain. "The blade's back in him." I turn to Elijah. "What did you-"

"What I had to for our sister." He interrupted me. He turned to Klaus' unconscious body. "This was all you."

I speak up. "Elijah, tell me what happened."

But before he could say anything I hear another's footsteps entering the compound. Elijah goes to the balcony and I follow him. What I didn't expect was to see my sunshine.

A vampire approaches her and I growl lowly. "What's she doing here?"

I speed down there to stand protectively in front of her. "None of your damn business! Go back to whatever boring work you have to do." The vampire puts his hands up and walks away. Cami smiles when she sees me and I grab her hand.

"I'm so glad you're okay! When those witches carried you off....I was terrified something might.....but I'm glad you're alright."

I stroked her hand. "I'm an Original, sunshine. Nothing can hurt me." An obvious lie to make her feel better. So much can and has hurt me even if I cannot be killed.

"Camille!" We both look up at Elijah's voice. He gestures for us to come upstairs. "Please."

I look at her concerned. "Did he ask you here? Why?" My grip on her hand tightens.

She shakes her head and pulls her hand away. "Yes. I don't know why. It'll be fine, don't go all 'protective girlfriend' before we've even had our first date."

I look down in guilt. "I'm sorry."

She smiles. "Apology accepted." And takes my hand again. "Now let's see what your brother wants." She looks at Elijah. "Why did you call me? Have you found a way to help my uncle?"

"I can try, but first, I need your help." He replies.

That doesn't go over well with her. "I don't have time for games, Elijah. The hex on him is getting worse by the day."

My brother cuts her off. "My brother has a mystical torture device buried in his chest, and the mother of his child is inexplicably missing. So, I can assure you, I have no time to play any games, either."

I cut in. "Wait, Hayley is missing? Why didn't you tell me this?"

He rolls his eyes. "You were a bit tied up in bed, sister."

Cami steps up. "What do you need me to do?" We follow Elijah back to Klaus' room where my sunshine looks horrified. "The dagger the witch gave me is inside of him?"

Elijah removes his suit jacket. "And every second it remains causes Niklaus untold suffering."

She shakes her head. "Who stabbed him?"

"I did, and now I intend to remove it. You might want to take a step back." This will be fun to deal with, on top of everything.

Cami is still confused. "Why am I here?"

Elijah starts to grab a scalpel. "Because of all the people that could be here, you're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter." I roll my eyes with a bitter laugh, not going unnoticed by my brother. He slides the scalpel down the scar, causing Klaus to make a noise of pain and I wince before our brother shoved his fist inside. "Also, he speaks of you with what is a rare degree-for him, at least-of respect. I can see you challenge him to see himself and others in a new light." I try to calm my breathing at his stupid yet correct words. My brother finally pulls out the blade and Klaus screams out. "A wonderful skill that I shall be counting on very shortly. You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So, watch over him and feed him, if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist."

My body grows cold. "That's what you bloody brought her here for?"

He puts a hand up. "Easy, sister. While I expected this reaction, I would remind you it's best for Niklaus to be confined here and not scouring the planet."

I huff. "If that's what you think, we should've left the blade in him at least a day longer."

He shakes his head. "And leave him in agony? You don't truly believe that, Talia." No I don't, but I won't give him the satisfaction.

Cami cuts in. "Don't you guys have bags of blood in storage?"

I clap. "Excellent point, beautiful!"

Elijah looks away from my antics. "We do, but your blood is laced with vervain. So, it will burn him. He'll ingest it slower. Perhaps you could use the time constructively? Persuade him not to murder his baby sister." He leans closer to our brother. "Niklaus, it was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah." He looks back at me. "Now, I fear Sabine will be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and to end this. You will be helping me look for her and Hayley. I need you, Talia." Fuck!

Klaus finally croaks out. "Elijah. You will pay for this."

I scowl. "May I have a word, brother?"

Elijah moves back. "Certainly."

When we're outside the room, I slam him against the wall. "Did you honestly think I wouldn't have a problem with this?"

"Of course not, Talia. I'm no fool. I simply felt your personal feelings were less important than the safety of our sister and well-being of our brother." I really hate his stoicism sometimes.

"That wasn't your decision to make. Cami's no longer a pawn in Klaus' game. She's free to be her own person again, and you want to drag her back in while she's handling her own shit!" I was furious with the audacity.

"Talia." His voice turned stern. Spare me! "I understand your rather obvious feelings for Camille are clouding your ability to see the big picture. Niklaus needs a babysitter, I need to find Hayley and deal with the still active threat to our survival in this city. Am I to clean up this mess on my own, or would you be so kind as to do your duty to this family?"

I could feel my hands shaking as I gripped his jacket collar. I quickly let go and turned around. I couldn't look at him without tearing him limb from limb. He wants to talk about duty, but where was he when we were all gathered in Mystic Falls? There's no point arguing with Elijah, he's too condescending to feel he needs to explain himself. I take a few deep breaths before putting on a fake smile and turning to face him. "I'll go get changed."

><><><><

After zero contemplation, Elijah and I decided Hayley's whereabouts took priority. "Where did you see her last?"

"The sanitarium. We went with Marcellus to look for you. I felt it best for her to stay by my side." He replied.

"She should've stayed in the compound where it was safe." I mumbled. "Do you think she was taken or left of her own volition?"

"I believe either is plausible. During our search for all of you we discovered it was one of Celeste's inhabitants who performed the crescent curse for Marcel." Celeste put the curse on the werewolves? Wouldn't put it past her.

"You think Hayley went off to find Celeste on her own?" She should have waited for me to help. "I suppose that makes our job easier. Two birds one stone and shit."

"Indeed. We just need to know where to look."

I looked at him with confusion. "Or we could find Sophie and make her do a locator spell?" My brother looked like he wanted to say something. "What is it, Elijah? I've been meaning to get her assistance anyway for Cami, so what else happened while I was away?"

He paused. "Sophie Devereaux is dead." The fuck?

"What did you do?" He just shakes his head. "Well then, who killed her?"

"I don't know, but my instincts are telling me the witches themselves may have played a part in it."

Fucking fantastic! "So we no longer have any witch allies in this city. That's what you're telling me?" How am I supposed to help my sunshine now?

"We can worry about that when Celeste is gone. Right now, we get looking. Now, you have a point with a locator spell, I suggest we start at Lafayette Cemetery."

I roll my eyes. "Wonderful. Just what I needed." He ignores me as we start to move. All I can see is Elijah's tense demeanor. It concerns me. "So Rebekah..."

"Don't, Talia." He stops me. "Not right now."

"Don't give me that bullshit, brother. For you that means never. You'll just take your emotions and sweep them to the back of your mind, but I'm not so lucky. What she did to Klaus is one thing, but what about us? Did she even realize how it would affect us to see our father? The damage he could do to us? Bloody hell! You almost died! That doesn't bother you?" But no matter how loud I shout, he doesn't turn. I grab his shoulder. "Elijah!" He finally looks at me. "Klaus is not the only person who was affected by what happened. We all should be angry."

He shakes his head. "We don't have time for anger, sister. We need to protect her, for I fear what Niklaus is capable of doing to her."

Tears well up. "I should be allowed to feel something about this, but I'm also terrified of losing her."

"I know." He grabs my hand in comfort. "If I may ask, what exactly did Celeste do to you?"

"Why do you think something else happened?" I get defensive.

He pauses. "The way you clung to me last night.... reminded me of when we were little. I have never seen you so broken since. Did she show you something else? What did you see?"

I blink a few times and take a deep breath. "She showed me Faith. Made me relive father finding out. Then....when I found out about Finn's death. And then.....when I watched Kol......" Deep breaths, deep breaths.

I feel Elijah wrap his arms around me before a whisper. "Niklaus was right." What?

I quickly pull away. "Klaus told you?"

My brother nods. "Yes. What I was surprised to learn was that I was the last one to know. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Technically I didn't tell Rebekah, she walked in when one was happening. And Klaus was an accident. I didn't mean for him to find out." I tried to explain. "I'm sorry. Please don't be mad."

He scoffs. "Of course I'm not mad. I just wish I knew sooner, I had no idea how much you were suffering."

"Really? Our brothers died, one before my eyes, and you couldn't guess I wasn't taking it well? Or were you more concerned with Klaus or Katerina or fucking Elena Gilbert?" I seethed. "I'm broken, Elijah! Have been for centuries. Celeste only reminded me why."

My brother grabs my shoulders. "Look at me! You are not broken. You have been through much, but you are the strongest of us all. Your perseverance in darkness is an example for the family, and even after a thousand years you have a good and loyal heart. Finn and Kol may be gone, but that heart lives on, for me, for Rebekah, for Niklaus, Hayley, Camille. You are not broken, Talia. And I will never let that happen." I lunged at him and cried into his chest for what felt like hours.

My big brother is a hypocritical, pretentious asshole, but he's my safety net all the same.

><><><><

We were still enjoying ourselves at the jazz club, the three of us at a table watching Rebekah and Marcel pretending to avoid each other. They weren't very subtle.

Klaus noticed as well. "Look at these two pretending to be apart while so clearly a pair."

I rolled my eyes. "Leave them be."

But he ignores me and starts to standing up, causing Elijah to grab his arm. "Talia is right, Niklaus, not now. Why must you cause trouble?" But he ignores him as well.

I whisper in my brother's ear. "Because he enjoys the attention."

We watch as my half-brother clinks his glass as the club goes silent. "I'd like to take this opportunity to draw attention to two people who have been sneaking around behind my back together. As we move into a new era, we require more progressive attitudes to match. So, to my loving sister and my right-hand man and best friend Marcel, may they find joy in each other." Everyone drinks and I'm left agape. "Enough talk....Music!" And the band starts up again.

I turn to Elijah. "What just happened?" We watch Klaus whispering in our sister's ear.

"I believe we just watched our brother enter into the new era." Elijah looked at me with a smug expression. "I suppose I was right after all."

I stuck out my tongue as he laughed.

I shook my head.

He was happy, happier than I had seen him in a millennium. So happy, that he let go.

And Rebekah stabbed him in the back.

We entered the cemetery to find Monique Devereaux sitting up from the ground as she stared at my brother and me. "When order is restored, your kind won't be allowed in here."

"You seem quite chipper for someone who's aunt just died." I point out amusedly.

Elijah smirks. "Well, fortunately, that day has not yet come. I need to find Sabine. I believe she's taken someone very important to me."

It's my turn to smirk. "Very important." That gets a slap on the arm.

Monique scoffs. "And you thought I'd help you?" She stands up to face us. "Sabine is one of us, committed to the rise of the witches."

I snort. "Are you sure about that?"

"What my sister means is the only thing Sabine is committed to is the destruction of our family." Elijah interjects.

The little witch crosses her arms. "And that would be a bad thing why?"

"Death's done quite a number on you, child." My disappointment was evident. Just because I predicted this would happen, doesn't make it any less sad.

Elijah puts a hand up. "Like your mother, my mother was also a witch, a very powerful witch. In fact, because of my family, her power now flows through your veins. Now, once Sabine manipulates those around her, she will do what she has always done. She will jump into another body and disappear, leaving your witches powerless."

Monique shakes her head. "No. She has the faith. She will see our power restored."

I laugh. "Are you trying to convince us or yourself?"

My brother nods. "There's a way of guaranteeing this. I'll also secure the safety of yourself and your kind. Here." He hands her a piece of paper. "This is from my mother's grimoire. Celeste used a similar spell to body jump. If what Sabine says is true, when she sacrifices herself, all of her power will flow back into the earth. However, if she has lied and tries to take another body, this spell will deliver her to a very different destination. Now, please locate Sabine." Clever work, brother.

Monique looks skeptical, but takes the paper and begins the locator spell.

And if the cemetery was bad, the spell was going to take us somewhere even better!

The bloody Bayou!

><><><><

Episode 15!

Something lighter as a treat!

My girl needs therapy.

Cami and Talia time!

This arc is so good I swear.

I wasn't expecting this story to gain so many votes in such little time since I uploaded episode 12, but I'm genuinely so happy people are enjoying my writing.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 82 9
"You and me always forever We could stay alone together You and me always forever Say you'll stay never be separate" "You know you've got me in your...
5.5K 84 23
Have you ever heard the saying I love you so much it hurts? I always thought that it was just that, a saying, to emphasize how you feel for someone...
1.3M 38.1K 35
⚜️ I'm Not Me || The Vampire Diaries ⚜️ "the evil hybrid or the psychotic maniac?" "the moral or the ripper?" A story about Imogen Avery, a girl who...
170K 4.7K 57
Juliette Mikaelson was different than all of her siblings. She was a vampire like them but she also was a siphoner. When she was a human, her father...