𝐖𝐄 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–π€π˜...

By roseofwesteros

"I think you are the real warrior here, my Lady" Daemon stroked her cheek with his free hand and her swollen... More

CAST | ACT ONE
1 - a feast
3 - promises
4 - a wreath
5 - a puppet show
6 - a conversation
7 - hard decision
8 - breaking point
9 - the wounds
10 - broken hearts
11 - the desires
12 - new beginnings
13 - new lifes
ACT TWO
14 - sad reunion
15 - common mourning
16 - an accident
17 - the beach
18 - the day after
19 - the cold north
20 - the revenge
21 - like a corpse
22 - shared guilt
23 - happy but tense
24 - debts and secrets
25 - one last plan
PLAYLIST

2 - the wine

8K 246 12
By roseofwesteros

Fortunately for Aruna, the Red Keep was completely deserted. There was no one to be seen anywhere for better or worse.

She could not find her family anywhere and so she made her way back to her chamber. On the way there she didn't even meet any guards or knights and that worried her a lot. Where had everyone gone?

Two arms wrapped around the girl as she entered her chamber. A startled sound escaped Aruna, but she quickly relaxed when she recognised her brother. "I've been looking all over for you! Where have you been?"

Comforting, Aruna placed her hands on her brother's cheeks. "I am here! All is well, please calm down!" she said in a soft voice. Adrik's eyes grew wide as he looked at his sister. "What happened?"

Aruna sighed, for Adrik would not rest until she gave him an answer. "During the uprising, I fell and many did not see me..." the girl reported as he pushed up her sleeves and found some bruises. "Prince Daemon found me and took me to somewhere safe until it was all over".

"Prince Daemon? The prince who killed his wife?" Adrik looked at his sister in shock and continued to search her for injuries. "You don't know that, Ad" There was no need to defend Daemon after the way he treated her, but it felt wrong not to. Not until she knew the truth.

"Is that what he told you? And you believe him" Her brother looked at her terrified. "Now please don't make a big deal out of it... I'm fine and now I'm here" Aruna started undoing her hair and brushed her long dark hair. Adrik sat on her bed and watched her "Can you stay here tonight?"

In the past the two siblings had often slept in the same bed, but the older they got the less they did. But tonight, Aruna didn't want to be alone and couldn't. She was so afraid that something else would happen, that someone would break in or otherwise. The girl did not feel safe here.

Adrik agreed, of course. They talked all night and Aruna confessed her worries to him. Adrik felt the same way and all he wanted was to protect his little sister whatever it took.

"Growing strong do you hear? Soon we will be back in Highgarden" Adrik tried to encourage her but it didn't work. Now at this moment Aruna didn't want to be in King's Landing or Highgarden and she told her brother that.

~~~

The next morning, the two of them went downstairs for breakfast. The Tyrells' rooms were all on one corridor in the Red Keep and they had their own common room where breakfast was served for them. Their Aunt Estella was already there.

"Good morning aunt" Aruna bowed her head as she entered and sat down at the table, her brother sat next to her. After them, her uncle and eldest cousin Elio also came immediately. "Good morning family."

The servants brought them tea and warm biscuits for breakfast and Aruna enjoyed the comfort here in King's Landing. At home she had no servant to personally put breakfast on her plate or pour her tea.

"Where have you been again?" asked her aunt. Her look was serious and she pointed her spoon at Aruna's lip. She repeated in short words what had happened yesterday. It offended her that no one but Adrik had looked for her yesterday. "You should thank the prince and leave him alone from now on."

Leave him alone? She had not asked Daemon to save her!

She nodded, although she would have liked to argue with her aunt, so she kept silent and listened to the conversations of her family. Her little cousin Will was the last to arrive for breakfast and lightened the mood with his presence.

"What a shame we missed the wedding after all," Estella complained, stroking her youngest son's curls. "What wedding are you talking about aunt?" Aruna perked up at the word wedding and immediately looked up. "That of your friend the princess, of course. For what other reason are we here?"

Rhaenyra had got married? But surely the marriage was not to take place for a few days!

She didn't know whether to believe her aunt's word and so Aruna just got up from the table. "Excuse me, aunt. Uncle." She left the room and walked through the corridors of the Red Keep. She vaguely remembered the paths and where something was. At some point she met a guard, who took her to the princess's personal rooms.

Rhaenyra was also sitting at the breakfast table with her husband when Aruna burst into the room. She bowed to the two of them. "Princess Rhaenyra, Ser Laenor."

The princess stood up as the guard walked out and went to hug her old friend. "Aruna I am so glad to see you well!" Rhaenyra smiled warmly at her and stroked the dark haired girl's cheek. She was the first not to call her on her injury and Aruna was very grateful for that.

"I am glad to see you too. I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday" The light haired one led her visitor to a chair and then sat back in her seat.

"It hurts me that you are sorry for our marriage" Ser Laenor had addressed the word directly to Aruna and the girl's cheeks flushed. "I didn't mean it that way Ser La-"

"Already understood, Lady Aruna. Just a little joke in the morning" The only man in the room winked at her and smiled while drinking some of his tea. He seemed like a nice and funny man. "So it's true then... the marriage"

"Yes it was brought forward for understandable reasons" the girl with silver hair reported. A servant also brought Aruna dishes and poured her a cup of tea. Out of propriety, she took a sip. "There were only my father the king, the queen and Laenor's family present. We were married right in the chaos of the feast"

Aruna felt sorry for the two of them. It must have been a terrible feeling to say vows in that ambience. "I'm sorry to hear... Maybe you can make it up in a nicer place sometime?"

"A kind thought, thank you Lady Aruna for your kindness" Ser Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra ate their breakfast while Aruna enjoyed her second tea today. The two were good company and the two women got on as well as they did then.

At last the two of them could exchange stories without their letters being checked or anyone eavesdropping on them. It was not Ser Laenor Aruna was worried about. If Rhaenyra trusted him, then Aruna trusted him too.

Rhaenyra told her about her father's second marriage to their mutual friend Alicent. It was a difficult time then and Viserys was manipulated by his advisor and his right hand at the time. At least that's what Aruna thought from Rhaenyra's telling.

Around noon, the two women went for a walk in the gardens. With them were guides from the King's Guard, who walked at a distance behind them. "I am really glad you are here. It gives me strength Aruna"

The dark haired one was touched by her old friend's words and she hooked her arm with Rhaenyra's. "I have missed you so much. I hope you will grant me a few more days here?" Aruna had already been thinking about that. Would she have to leave King's Landing early now? After all, the wedding had been brought forward and the festive days had been cancelled.

"But of course what's the point of asking?" Rhaenyra squeezed her friend's arm and smiled at her. "I want you to stay with me as long as you like and if your family wants to leave I will think of something. I am the Heiress of the Iron Throne no one goes against my word."

Aruna had to laugh and looked at the girl gratefully. She liked the princess's manner. She was so direct and took advantage of her situation. Aruna knew she could learn a lot from Rhaenyra.

"So..." the silver-haired girl began, avoiding looking at Aruna. "Are you planning to marry?"

"If it is up to my house, then yes" Aruna swallowed hard before continuing. "And if it keeps me away from my Uncle Lian, then yes too. Right away. And maybe I will find a nice young man who will treat me well... Does Laenor have another brother?"

The two girls had to laugh. "If you want to marry of your own free will, then I would be happy to help you find someone and plan everything" A comforting feeling spread through Aruna. "That is very thoughtful. Thank you."

"Stop thanking me all the time, Aruna!" the heiress complained with a smile. The path led the two to the only Weirwood tree in King's Landing, under which they sat down. The guards stopped with some distance to give the two privacy.

The girl bit her tongue to keep from apologising or thanking her again. "Your brother has become a handsome young man" Rhaenyra looked at Aruna with a wide grin. Aruna knew her brother was a handsome man and many girls back home whispered about him. He would certainly not have to look long for a bride someday.

"Yes, I know that..." Nodding in agreement, the dark haired girl grinned. "And he knows it too so just don't tell him! Otherwise it will only grow his ego!" laughed Aruna, leaning against the tree. She had never been a religious person, but she had enjoyed sitting here in the past.

The two girls laughed a lot and enjoyed their time together. At one point Aruna laid her head on Rhaenyra's lap, who then gently stroked her friend's cheek. Aruna's hand stroked Rhaenyra's arm as she did so.

When someone joined the two of them, the girls' conversation immediately fell silent and Aruna opened her eyes. Standing leaning over her was none other than Daemon Targaryen.

"Uncle," Rhaenyra greeted him with an annoyed tone. "To what do we owe the honour of your presence?"

Rhaenyra's uncle also sat down on the floor and therefore right next to the two girls. "I just wanted to look at the beauty of King's Landing, but then I met the two of you and it became even more beautiful here" Daemon's niece just rolled her eyes.

Aruna sat back down properly and fixed her dress discreetly, it had slipped down a little as she had lain. She felt uncomfortable being so close to Daemon after last night. They had parted in an awkward mood.

But Daemon acted as if nothing had happened and so Aruna tried to do the same. She was rather quiet and reserved and watched the conversation between Rhaenyra and her uncle. The two had always had an intimate but strange behaviour. Aruna should ask Rhaenyra about that sometime.

"Did you sleep well, Lady Aruna?" asked Daemon the girl with dark hair. Surprised that he was speaking directly to her, Aruna looked up. "It was very restful, thank you Prince Daemon" They were back to formal speeches and it bothered the young Tyrell.

"oh-kay" The heiress looked back and forth between her uncle and her friend. "I saw you dancing yesterday" Rhaenyra continued speaking and paused again. "Did something happen between you or why are you acting so weird".

"You are the only ones acting weird, dear niece" Daemon looked at Rhaenyra superiorly and leaned forward slightly towards the two girls. "Shouldn't you be with your husband?"

Daemon's reply was cheeky, but he was right. Rhaenyra was newly wed and spending her time with her friend and now her uncle.

Calming down, Aruna put her hand on Rhaenyra's. "I think the princess can decide for herself when she wants to spend time with whom!" Aruna remained polite with her words as she defended her friend.

Daemon looked at the girls' joined hands and then looked at Aruna sceptically. "Of course she can, my lady"

Rhaenyra looked at Aruna gratefully and stroked her back with her free hand. The girl then lay back on Rhaenyra's lap. Then it was quiet between the three of them for a while, with Daemon's gaze fixed on the two young women the whole time.

Aruna could literally feel the man's gaze on her and discreetly pulled the top of her dress higher. "Don't you have anything better to do, Uncle?" Rhaenyra had the same considering look as Daemon.

"I can think of nothing better than to keep you two company" Daemon replied charmingly, maintaining eye contact with his niece. "You flatter us, Prince Daemon" Instead of Rhaenyra, Aruna replied to the prince, turning her head towards him to get a better look.

Daemon waved at one of the guards and ordered fruit and wine to be brought. Instead of sitting down on a bench, the three remained seated on the ground. Aruna, on the other hand, remained lying with her head on Rhaenyra's lap.

Against all etiquette, Rhaenyra fed Aruna grapes and not the other way around and this made the two girls giggle. Amused, Daemon drank from his wine and slowly the mood relaxed under the old Weirwood tree.

"How long do you plan to stay in King's Landing?" the dark-haired one asked curiously, sitting up straight to take a sip of wine herself. "If you are staying here for some time as well, then I would very much like to stay that long".

Rhaenyra choked at Daemon's words but managed to cover it up well. Daemon and Aruna didn't even get this as they just looked at each other. Aruna's cheeks turned red and she took a sip of wine, embarrassed.

"I'll stay here as long as Rhaenyra needs me," she replied, looking at her friend.

"Then I guess you'll stay by my side forever" Rhaenyra replied before Daemon could say anything. The two girls smiled at each other and Aruna breathed a kiss on her hand. Even when they were little, the two communicated a lot through their body language.

"It's nice to see you so happy under the... conditions" Daemon now addressed the word directly to Rhaenyra. Conditions? Did he mean the marriage or something else? "I am, uncle"

Smiling, the man took a handful of grapes to snack on. Aruna noticed that he had taken the last ones from the bowl, so she leaned over to steal grapes from him.

Daemon turned his hand away, forcing Aruna to come closer. Rhaenyra watched the scene before her intently as Daemon shoved a grape into Aruna's mouth.

Aruna herself was surprised at her behaviour and that she tolerated Daemon's behaviour, but she did not prevent it either and took another grape before leaning back again.

The wine flowed and the three spent the rest of the afternoon under the tree. By evening, the three parted ways to get ready for dinner.

Aruna's hair was all messed up and there were stains of soil on her dress. Despite her drunken state, she got scared when she saw her dress. There would be trouble coming from her aunt! On her way to dinner, newly dressed and refreshed, she gave her dress to one of the female servants. She really hoped that the girl would get the stains out!

Dinner tonight was in the dining hall with the royal family. Besides House Tyrell, other houses were also present, but not even half as many as yesterday.

In total, there were three large tables arranged like a U. The royal family sat in the middle and Rhaenyra had made sure that House Tyrell sat directly opposite. The two girls grinned at each other across the table, they toasted each other and continued to drink wine as they had done in the afternoon.

Next to Rhaenyra sat her husband Laenor and his family, on the other side sat Viserys with Alicent and Daemon. Aruna sat directly opposite the prince and queen. Only now did she realise that she had not had the chance to speak to Alicent alone. But according to Rhaenyra's stories, the queen was busy or refused everyone.

"You look beautiful tonight as always, your Grace" Aruna addressed Alicent with a smile as the feast began. The king had greeted everyone with a speech and explained the events of the previous night. The meal now was to serve as a wedding feast.

Alicent, like yesterday, was very quiet at the table and did not speak a word to anyone. She seemed to be very much in thought. Now she looked up and her facial expression revealed that she only now realised who was sitting in front of her.

"Thank you very much Lady Aruna" She sat up straighter and eyed the girl in front of her carefully. "I thought your dress was really lovely yesterday" Alicent winked at Aruna. After all, the dress had been a gift from her. "Don't you think so, Prince Daemon?"

Daemon looked up from his plate and looked at the Queen in confusion. Apparently she didn't speak to him too often. "Of course, your Grace" The man put extra emphasis on her title. "I already gave Lady Aruna a sincere compliment yesterday around her appearance".

Aruna could see many heads poking up and now listening to the conversation of the three. Even her aunt Estella was listening. Her brother Adrik beside her kept his head down as he ate.

"Thank you Prince Daemon. I am sure your compliments have flattered my niece very much" Estella answered for the orphan girl, joining in the conversation. "I must confess that my beautiful Aruna gets many compliments. Back home in Highgarden, men are literally falling over themselves for her!"

Not only Aruna, but also Adrik, was uncomfortable with the conversation. Yes Aruna was a beauty, but she was never as beautiful as the Queen or Princess. And she had not been proposed to yet either. She was a lady of high standing, but she was not a direct heiress and would not bring any titles with her into the marriage.

"Surely Aruna will find a suitable husband soon" Daemon replied, indirectly pointing out Estella's big mouth. "She is a smart girl and will decide wisely".

Aunte Estella understood his words, nodded and fell awkwardly silent. Jaro then put his hand on hers and Adrik shook his head slightly, which clearly pleased Daemon.

"Do you have someone in mind already?" asked Alicent looking at Lady Aruna, thus ignoring the rest of the Tyrell house. Aruna wondered why everyone was asking her that. Why was it so important to be married as a woman?

Ashamed, she shook her head slightly. "No not yet your Grace, but I very much hope to find someone here in King's Landing who can make me happy" and free me from my family she thought mockingly.

"I look forward to meeting him" Alicent's attention then turned to her husband the King who was also listening to the conversation with interest. Viserys looked at the Tyrell girl for a long time and seemed to be thinking, but he said nothing and then continued eating.

Aruna, who had been just sitting there quietly all this time as if it wasn't about her, looked at Daemon. He was looking at her again with his superior grin and his violet eyes were almost sparkling. His behaviour yesterday and today had left Aruna quite confused. The wine in her blood didn't let her think clearly today either, but she reached for her cup again.

Under the table she suddenly felt something hard pressing lightly against her leg. Due to her condition, it took her a moment to understand that it was Daemon's leg.

With light pressure she also pressed her leg briefly against the prince's and he returned the gesture immediately. Aruna couldn't help but smile. Daemon, on the other hand, remained quite calm and only ever looked at her discreetly while his leg leaned against hers at the feast.

***
Here you can find some Edits to this story:
My Tiktok: roseofwesteros
:))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 4.9K 37
Book One - Season One House of the Dragon - Ever since Verena Hightower was born her father, the hand of the king Otto Hightower loathed her, wanted...
201K 10.3K 92
"You will always fall in love and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast." πŸ‰ Daemon had a choice to make. He chose wrong. Da...
21.1K 1.1K 64
"The dream...it was clearer than a memory. And I heard the sound of thundering hooves, splintering shields and ringing swords. And I placed my heir u...