6 - a conversation

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆
𝖳𝖺𝗒𝗅𝗈𝗋 𝖲𝗐𝗂𝖿𝗍 - 𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐
。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

The next morning Aruna had been awake very early and had eaten breakfast alone, as the others were still asleep

The next morning Aruna had been awake very early and had eaten breakfast alone, as the others were still asleep. To Aruna's surprise, she was not at all sad about it and enjoyed the time alone and in silence.

After breakfast she went to the old little library. On the way there she had only met guards guards, who looked rather tired. At first glance she thought the library was just an old dusty storeroom, but at second glance she could see and understand the system in the shelves.

Searching, she went through the rows of high bookshelves and looked at the spines. She was looking for Valyrian books because she wanted to finally understand the language of the royal family. She also wanted to see the look on Daemon's face when she eventually spoke Valyrian.

But for now, it was going to be her little secret. Yes, actually she didn't want any more secrets, but sometimes they couldn't be avoided and this one was for her own benefit.

In fact, it was harder than Aruna had thought. The letters were arranged strangely, many words looked the same and the girl had no idea how to pronounce the words.

After a long search, she finally found two books in Valyrian. Luckily for her, one of them was a translator of some kind, the other was a story book. Aruna assumed that the remaining and valuable books were in the king's chambers.

Without making a fuss, she left the library again and went back to her room. Her fingers were already itching with anticipation for the two books and so she quickly set about to study.

Annoyed, she sighed, but she didn't want to give up so quickly. She grabbed a pen and paper and started writing things down and translating the story one by one in her own language.

She worked diligently until lunchtime and did not take a break until there was a knock a at the door. She quickly hid everything before opening the door. Fortunately it was only one of the maids who now stepped into the room. She showed Aruna the dress she had given her some days ago.

Aruna had worn it on her second day here, when she had lain under the Weirwood tree with Daemon and Aruna. Her heart clenched at the thought.

The maid had managed to wash out the earth stains, which pleased Aruna greatly. But somehow she was not happy. She never wanted to wear that dress again!

"Thank you. You can't guess anything anymore." Aruna was grateful nonetheless and stroked over the soft fabric before the maid hung the dress in the wardrobe. The girl then shyly handed Aruna a letter and left the room with a curtsy.

Surprised, Aruna looked after her and then just shook her head and looked at the letter in her hand. She ran her finger over the seal of the letter and did not have to think long about who it was from.