19 - the cold north

Trigger warning:
this chapter contains domestic violence, abuse and sexual content.
Read at your own risk!

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆
  𝘛𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘔𝘤𝘙𝘢𝘦 - 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵
。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆  𝘛𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘔𝘤𝘙𝘢𝘦 - 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

That same evening the Royal Family left Driftmark and Aruna and Nia also packed their things for their own departure.

Aruna did not want to leave this peaceful place and thus Daemon, but the sooner she left the sooner she would be reunited with him. The woman had a plan and was convinced it could work. Either it worked or she would lose her head.

Later that evening, there was another feast in honour of Lady Laena. Old anecdotes were told, there was crying and also dancing.

And a certain Targaryen man had not left Aruna's side all evening.

Though she noticed the looks of the others especially from Rhaenys and Corlys, she tried to ignore them as best she could.

To everyone's surprise, Laenor had also been present. No one knew where he had been, but it was his right to mourn his sister.

With the departure from the royal parade, her own brother had also departed. He had not spoken to her again, nor had he said goodbye to her, and that broke Aruna's heart.

She was sure he saw her as a traitor as much as she saw him as a traitor. Her own flesh and blood.

"I don't want you to go, my lady." Daemon whispered in her ear as he stroked her cheek.

After their evening together, Aruna had put the children to bed and gone to say goodbye to Daemon once more, not knowing how she would face him in front of everyone tomorrow.

One thing had led to another and they had ended up sleeping with each other. Now they lay in his big bed and couldn't stop looking into each other's eyes. It was already so romantic that Aruna thought she was dreaming.

"It will be the last time I will go. I promise you that." She promised the man who belonged to her heart and took his hand firmly. "I will return to you as soon as I can and then I will stay with you."

"Tell me about your plan." He demanded for the hundredth time that day. Daemon was an overly curious person and hated secrets. Aruna, on the other hand, wanted to keep her plan to herself for as long as possible.

She was not afraid and knew she could trust Daemon, but inside she was very afraid that everything would go wrong and someone would bring him her and Edith's head.

"You have to trust me, my love." Like the first time she had spoken high Valyrian in front of him, he looked at her in surprise. "You still know my language?" he inquired.