3 - promises

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆
𝖮𝗇𝖾𝖱𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖻𝗅𝗂𝖼 - 𝖢𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗌
。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆𝖮𝗇𝖾𝖱𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖻𝗅𝗂𝖼 - 𝖢𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗌。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

The feast was finished sooner than Aruna would have liked. The king left his guests free to leave or to continue celebrating with them. He promised that it would not end like yesterday.

Aruna's aunt Estella was one of the first to get up from the table. She was still deeply offended by the prince's words and had been talking only to her husband all evening. Few guests from the other houses got up as well, because it was still too unsafe for them here.

Jaro, his sons and Adrik also got up and said goodbye to Viserys for the night. Aruna got up very hesitantly and immediately missed the warmth of Daemon's leg against hers. She looked at him apologising as she moved her chair to the table.

Princess Rhaenyra looked to the Tyrell family. "Ser Jaro you are not leaving already are you?" Jaro and Estella stopped and looked to the woman. "I'm afraid we are. It is already very late and we have family business."

Aruna looked first at her uncle and then at her cousin in confusion. Elio beside her shrugged and put a hand on her back to lead her away. "I desire the presence of Lady Aruna and Ser Adrik this evening" Rhaenyra's voice muffled no rejoinders.

Estella could be seen thinking before she spoke. "It is a really important thing though" Aruna looked at her aunt stunned. Had she just talked back to the heiress? She shook her head slightly towards Rhaenyra. Aruna didn't want any trouble and especially didn't want her aunt to make a fuss in front of the royal family. The girl took her brother Adrik's hand and was already turning to follow her family.

"No matter is more important than the wishes of the Princess and Heiress of the Iron Throne Lady Estella" Rhaenyra raised her voice and stood up from her chair. Now all pairs of eyes were on her. "I have named Aruna my Lady and I do not want to hear any more rejoinders. You may leave now."

The Tyrell girl looked back and forth between her family and her friend. Had Rhaenyra really just done that?

As she left her family and walked back to the table with her brother, Aruna felt powerful. She had indirectly gone against her family and she liked the power. She desperately wanted more of that.

She exchanged a grateful look with her friend as her family finally moved away. Aruna and Adrik could already hear the shouting of their aunt and uncle. There would be trouble tomorrow. But there were still many hours to spend with her friends until the next day.

Aruna was glad that Adrik was with her. She exchanged a glance with her brother. He didn't look half as happy as she did. Under the table, she continued to hold Adrik's hand and squeeze it lightly.

She glanced briefly at Rhaenyra who was having a conversation with her father away from the table. Both looked angry as they spoke in Valyrian. Aruna would have loved to understand what they were talking about. "What are they talking about?" she asked Daemon, leaning a little across the table towards him.