𝐖𝐄 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–π€π˜...

By roseofwesteros

"I think you are the real warrior here, my Lady" Daemon stroked her cheek with his free hand and her swollen... More

CAST | ACT ONE
2 - the wine
3 - promises
4 - a wreath
5 - a puppet show
6 - a conversation
7 - hard decision
8 - breaking point
9 - the wounds
10 - broken hearts
11 - the desires
12 - new beginnings
13 - new lifes
ACT TWO
14 - sad reunion
15 - common mourning
16 - an accident
17 - the beach
18 - the day after
19 - the cold north
20 - the revenge
21 - like a corpse
22 - shared guilt
23 - happy but tense
24 - debts and secrets
25 - one last plan
PLAYLIST

1 - a feast

12.6K 301 46
By roseofwesteros

The sun was still high in the sky when the commotion broke out in King's Landing. It was still long before the feast, but most of the guests had already arrived in the early hours of the morning. Lady Aruna was one of those guests, but she showed neither restlessness nor excitement.

It was not her engagement party either.

Princess Rhaenerya had finally decided to marry. Whether for love or political reasons was not important to most. Many aspirants fought each other over the news and yet others were only looking forward to the precious festive days.

Lady Aruna and the princess had known each other for many years. Together with Lady Alicent Hightower, now Queen Alicent, they formed an almost inseparable team. On Aruna's 11th name day she had to leave King's Landing with her family. From then on she lived with her family in Highgarden again.

Aruna's uncle Jaro had given up his position at court to return home. The young girl did not believe that at the time and still does not. Something had to have happened then. Her uncle was a man of honour, never would he have voluntarily given up his high position.

When Lord Malion Tyrell died on his daughter's 4th name day, his brother Lian became Lord of Highgarden. Even today there were various rumours about the death of the former lord. Malicious tongues claimed that his own brother was behind it in order to keep the titles. Against all tradition, it was indeed Lian who got the titles and not Malion's first-born Adrik.

Aruna and her brother Adrik knew that things had not gone right and have been trying to find out what really happened ever since.

Jaro Tyrell, Malion's youngest brother, took in the two orphans and raised them together with his wife Estella. Shortly after his brother's death, he was summoned to King's Landing and took the two orphans with him. His own children remained behind in Highgarden with his wife.

Adrik enjoyed an almost knightly upbringing, while Aruna was given a septa to raise her to be a good wife. What no one knew was that after his lessons, Adrik went to his sister to teach her what he had learned. The two knew early on that they could not trust anyone in the capital and also in their home country and had to be prepared.

None of their family had expected an invitation to the festivities. The invitation had come from the princess herself and had been addressed directly to Aruna. Her uncle Lord Lian had raged wildly and torn up the invitation. The burly man had still not calmed down and had stayed in Highgarden like a petulant child. Instead, he sent his brother and family and the two orphans on their way, hoping to offend the royal family in the same way.

None of the Targaryens took the arrival of Ser Jaro and his entourage as an insult, rather they were relieved that the youngest of the Tyrell brothers had come and not his older grumpy brother the lord.

Much had changed after Aruna's last stay in the capital. Rhaenerya had been named heiress to the iron throne and Alicent had married Rhaenerya's father and given him two more children.

Aruna and Adrik had not been aware of many things in Highgarden. Neither of their uncles told them anything that happened outside their house and certainly nothing political. Adrik, who served as a knight in Highgarden, got his information from other knights. Aruna, on the other hand, got her information from Adrik.

Each similar to the name days of the three girls they were all allowed to exchange letters and even there they had to hide the information between the lines, because their aunt read every letter from Aruna before she received it or was allowed to send it.

As the daughter of a former lord, the girl bore the title Lady, but the title brought her no advantages. She was not even allowed to have her own maid and her brother had to fight for her uncle from an early age.

Aruna was used to dressing herself up, even now in King's Landing she did it. She had even been given a dress for the festivities, which was lying in her room when she arrived. It was a gift from the queen herself.

The golden fabric flattered the young woman's curves and she had never owned a more beautiful dress. It was tight at the top and the sleeves reached to her elbows, especially the open back was a real eye-catcher. Her long dark hair fell over her shoulders and covered her naked back, only a few strands were braided.

For some reason, her uncle Lian had always hated her and her brother, especially after the invitation, the mood between the three of them became worse and worse. Her uncle had only let her go to King's Landing in the hope that she wouldn't come back either. Married or dead, it didn't matter to him and wherever Aruna was, so was her brother Adrik.

The girl took a deep breath when there was a knock on her door and shortly afterwards her brother entered. "You look lovely, sister" Aruna smiled at her brother and eyed his robe which he had brought from Highgarden. It was in a light blue tone on which were golden roses. The clothes of the two matched very well. "I can only say that in return, brother," she answered him. "Does uncle send you?"

Adrik nodded and bowed his head a little. Jaro and his consort did their best and they were the most pleasant of all the family, but Adrik was suspicious by nature and did not trust them. "It's going to start soon. Many families are already waiting and Jaro does not want to be the last to enter."

The girl nodded her understanding and quickly put on her shoes to follow her brother. Her aunt and two cousins were already waiting outside her chambers. Without a word, the three of them left and the two siblings followed. Sighing, they exchanged a glance.

It took forever for the family to enter the hall, many other houses were there first. Their uncle had already been waiting there impatiently. No one said anything about Aruna's dress. There was no talking at all as they waited and the girl was glad about it.

"House Tyrell with Ser Jaro Tyrell, brother of Lord Lian Tyrell of Highgarden and Guardian of the South." Her uncle and aunt stepped forward and bowed to the king and princess. Beside them stood their children and behind them Aruna and Adrik. "We are honoured to be here again, especially under these conditions".

Princess Rhaenerya stood up with a smile, she had not stood up for any of the other guests. Only with difficulty could Aruna see her behind her family. "It is good to see you again Ser Jaro" the girl with silver hair replied. "Lady Aruna how beautiful you look tonight. I trust you have arrived well?"

Surprised to be addressed directly in front of all the people, the dark haired one stepped forward and bowed her head before answering the princess. "Thank you my Princess, everything is to my satisfaction. My congratulations on your engagement."

Aruna would have loved to speak to her alone and give her a hug. Rhaenerya looked even more beautiful than she remembered. Unfortunately, there was no sign of Alicent. Would she be unwell?

House Tyrell sat down at one of the long tables, not far from the royal family's table, and again there was silence. Other houses and families entered and addressed short words to the king and princess. Around them, the mood was already boisterous and wine was already flowing through the veins of many people.

The last to enter was the family of Rhaenerya's betrothed, Laenor Velaryon. The two made a handsome couple, but the young Tyrell was not convinced about the marriage. For a long time Rhaenerya had refused to marry and suddenly she was engaged to her cousin? That didn't sound right.

After cheers, the room suddenly went quiet, people stood up and started whispering quietly. The Tyrells stood up too and Aruna tried to see what was going on. At first she only saw silver hair and only when he stood directly in front of the king did she recognise him.

Daemon Targaryen. The brother of King Viserys I.

The king ordered another chair and another place setting for the prince. The newcomer walked purposefully to his seat and sat down. On his face was a towering and cheeky grin. You could see how he liked it.

Aruna, on the other hand, did not like the attention and always tried to be as inconspicuous as possible.

King Viserys began welcoming the guests by giving a speech but was interrupted by his wife the Queen herself. Alicent stood in the entrance of the hall and walked with slow steps towards her husband. Again the guests rose.

Alicent wore a green dress that again dwarfed that of Aruna. The girl thought the queen looked like an angel. She too had become a beautiful young woman. A real queen.

The queen's appearance completely upset the king and he had to restart his speech. Embarrassed, Aruna turned her head away and looked at her wine instead. Her brother Adrik, on the other hand, had an amused grin on his lips and could hardly take his eyes off the queen. Aruna could only roll her eyes at this and gently poked him in the side.

"Hey!" her brother murmured his words softly but firmly. "What are you doing?"

"Shh!" The two's heads snapped forward. Her aunt and uncle looked at them both warningly, whereupon the girl lowered her head. The boy looked back to the table of the royal family.

Prince Daemon had been the only one who had not stood up for the queen. His rebellious nature was known throughout Westeros, but Aruna found his behaviour disrespectful. Alicent was not only his queen, but also his brother's wife.

The mood in the room improved the more food and wine there was, but the faces at the royal table were transfixed. Was no one happy about the engagement? Slowly Aruna realised that it was a political marriage after all and that the situation seemed dire.

Only the Velaryons had a happy expression on their faces and Daemon seemed rather amused by the event. Aruna could hardly take her eyes off him.

After the first dance between the engaged couples, more couples took to the dance floor. With a nod of his head, Jaro asked his niece to rise from the table as well. Adrik had to remain seated. With a pounding heart, the young Tyrell stood up and mingled with the other guests.

She loved to dance. These lessons had been her favourite back then.

Aruna was an unknown beauty and many of the men were eager to dance with her. The new attention was unfamiliar to the girl and she didn't know how to handle it at first, but she quickly gained confidence.

She used the advantage she had gained and danced her way through the rows and with all kinds of men and women until suddenly a new dance partner stood in front of her. A strand of his silver hair fell into his face and his head was slightly lowered as he walked towards Aruna. The girl also walked towards him and took his outstretched hand in hers.

Daemon turned the unknown beauty and looked at her, then pulled her tightly against his body.

Aruna had never been this close to a man before. She could literally feel the leather of his clothes against her skin through her own dress. Almost gently, he stroked her bare back and swayed her to the music.

As they danced, they looked into each other's eyes. Purple met blue and it was as if time stood still. Aruna could literally feel the stares of the other guests on her. The envious ones and the ones full of hate. At one turn, she could even see her aunt watching intently.

At the next song change, Daemon let go of Aruna and left her. Confused, the girl turned and watched him walk towards his niece. She wanted to go after him and ask him to dance with her, but she didn't have the confidence yet, so she turned back and smiled at her new dance partner. Her cousin.

Elio was the same age as her brother and his dark hair fell to his shoulders. He was a handsome young man and Aruna knew he was already looking for a bride. Uncle Jaro would like a titled girl from the capital for his son.

"Why did the prince dance with you of all people?" Her cousin was educated but arrogant, a fighter but not a dancer. They danced stiffly together, avoiding eye contact.

"For the same reason as the other men" she answered him, rolling her eyes. Elio laughed out loud and turned her head towards him, making her look at him. "You should be careful who you show yourself with here. After all, you want a good match don't you?"

"Of course I do, but to get out of Highgarden I would marry anyone" Aruna had never been more honest than she was at that moment. She loved her home, but not the people who lived there. She couldn't interpret Elio's look especially when he was silent.

"And who or what would be a good match for me in your eyes?" Now it was Aruna who turned Elio's head towards her. "Or should I ask-"

"Help!"

Shouts made all the dancers scatter and step back. A fight had broken out in the middle of the room. Two young men were fighting. Many of the bystanders also started fighting and others fled the room. Some women started screaming.

Aruna also wanted to flee, but when she turned around her cousin was gone and in the crowds she could not find her family. She was pushed as some people walked past her to run away and she fell on the ground.

Protectively she put her arms around her head as more and more people came. Suddenly she had forgotten everything her brother had once taught her and she was again the little girl who had to leave King's Landing. She felt feet kicking at her and many fell to the ground as well. She wanted to fight back and get up, but barely managed to kneel down.

Then she felt two hands pulling her up roughly and pressing her against him. Aruna could only see his leather clothes, but she knew immediately who it was. His scent had imprinted itself on their dance together. "Come with me."

Daemon pulled her out of the crowd and brought her safely a few corridors further into the castle while Aruna literally clung to him. He led her into a room where only the royal family had access and locked the door behind him.

The room was small and there were only a few couches and armchairs in it. On the walls hung carpets and various fabrics in red tones. In the middle of the room was a fireplace which Daemon walked towards and lit a fire.

"You can stay here until the commotion downstairs has cleared" It was the first complete sentence he addressed to her. His voice was deep, confident and... seductive.

Aruna wrapped her arms tightly around her body and continued to stand by the door. The noise could be heard all the way here. "That is very thoughtful. Thank you my prince."

Mockingly, Daemon laughed and turned his head to the young girl. He was still kneeling in front of the fireplace. "No need for formalities here. Come on come closer" As if of her own accord she walked closer to the fire and immediately she became warmer. "You look quite pale my lady"

"I thought no formalities here?" Aruna looked down at him and finally sat down beside him on the carpet despite the many couches. "I'm just very surprised at how quickly the situation has changed... I've never experienced anything like this before"

Daemon looked at her intently and put a blanket around her shoulders. Gratefully, she smiled at him. "I can barely remember my first confrontation." Admitted the man with silver hair. There was a wry grin on his face. "Maybe because I was involved"

Aruna had heard many stories about him and had met him a few times when she was a child. She wanted to think differently of him, especially now that he had saved her, but she had to be careful.

"A true warrior" Aruna forced herself to smile and looked into the warm flames in the fireplace. As she smiled she felt a pain on her lip and she palmed it carefully with her fingers. Her lip was all swollen and chapped.

"Don't" Daemon took her hand in his and stopped her from feeling further. "It feels worse than it looks" The man tried to cheer her up but Aruna got scared. What would her aunt say if she saw her like this? What would her aunt say if she found her with the prince?

"I think you are the real warrior here my lady" Daemon stroked her cheek with his free hand and her swollen lip with his thumb. Shyly the dark haired one turned her head away but Daemon quickly turned her head back.

At the party she had heard the rumours about his wife, who had died shortly before. A riding accident. Malicious tongues also claimed Daemon had killed her.

Aruna looked into the violet eyes and wondered if he had really done it. "I heard about your wife. My deepest condolences my prince" She deliberately changed the subject and addressed in deliberately formula again.

Daemon saw through her quickly and could literally hear her thoughts. "Thank you my lady, but there is no need to be sad. My wife has always been mean to me" he told her in a monotone voice.

How could his wife be mean to him? Unless he had given her a reason to be.

"As you say... I should go now too" Aruna stood up, the blanket still tightly wrapped around her body. She still wasn't really warm, but she needed to find her family. Maybe something had happened to them. Adrik was surely looking for her. She had completely forgotten about her brother!

Daemon stood up too, but only to hold her. "I don't want to let you go".

Whether it was because of the existing noise outside or something else Aruna didn't know, but with the look he gave her she suddenly didn't want to leave. "Then don't let me go" The girl was mesmerised by the man in front of her and he made her heart beat faster.

There were so many questions and warnings in her head. She should leave. Right now. She was certainly safer out in the crowd than here with the prince.

But against her wits and decency, she closed the distance to Daemon and put the blanket around him as well when Daemon leaned down and put his lips on hers. His hands wrapped around her hips as Aruna returned his kiss.

It was her first kiss and unknown feelings were growing inside her. Not wanting to embarrass herself, she leaned closer into his arms. Daemon himself broke the kiss after a few moments and released his hands from her.

"Did I do something wrong Daemon?" The girl followed him as the prince walked towards the door. At her words, Daemon turned back to her. The loving look was gone from his face and it scared Aruna. Hesitantly, she took a step back.

"No, but I am. You were right, you should go" Daemon said sternly and Aruna felt like a child.

Outside it had become quiet by now. The guards and knights seemed to have the situation under control. Keeping her distance, the girl walked past the prince to the door. "Aruna."

Aruna let go of the door handle and turned back to Daemon. He had his hands on his hips and his gaze was fixed on her. "Be careful out there"

She had so many questions for him. The whole situation was strange. She arrived in King's Landing this morning, was given a dress by the Queen, the ceremony had been beyond strange and suddenly a big fight broke out. And then she had ended up here. In a foreign room and all alone with Daemon Targaryen.

"Why did you save me?" she asked bravely. "You needed my help" Daemon's voice still sounded monotone and Aruna's heart beat faster. Whether from fear or other feelings she didn't know.

"Others needed your help too" the dark haired one stated and Daemon broke eye contact. "Why me?" The prince walked over to a table and picked up a pitcher, pouring himself a drink. She waited in vain for an answer.

"Why did you kiss me?"

"Why are you asking so many questions?!" Daemon interrupted her almost angrily and Aruna flinched. At that moment he sounded like her Uncle Lian and she feared Daemon would treat her the same way he did and do bad things to her.

But Daemon quickly realised what his words had done to the girl and sighed. "Forgive me-"

Aruna didn't want to listen to him any further, because he wouldn't answer her questions anyway. She should have rather stayed on the ground and resisted Daemon's saving arm, then all this and the kiss would never have happened.

With a quick flick of her wrist, she opened the door and stormed out into the corridors of the Red Keep. She forbade herself to think about the man with the light hair and went in search of her brother.

~~~

what do you think so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 686 6
𝐌𝐚𝐞π₯π₯𝐚 π•πžπ₯𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐬 π‘π‘πšπžπ§π²π«πš π“πšπ«π πšπ«π²πžπ§'𝐬 𝐞π₯𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐑𝐒π₯𝐝, 𝐑𝐞𝐒𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 π“π‘π«π¨π§πž...
36.6K 1.6K 66
In a world of war and political intrigue, Aesira Targaryen finds herself at the center of it all. Born into a powerful family, she's always known her...
125K 3.1K 12
A young Targaryen who is the rebellious son of the rebellious Daemon Targaryen. The King, Viserys Targaryen despises his nephew but little does he kn...
26.7K 594 18
For almost all her life Delianna Targaryen was always second. Second to the iron Throne, second to her parents love, and second behind her sister, Rh...