Still falling for you

BinJinFF

What happens when two people from completely different worlds fall in love? Seri is a wealthy, impulsive woma... Еще

Character Sketch
Chapter 1: Fire and Ice
Chapter 2: Your Heart Got a Story With Mine
Chapter 3: Choi Jun Seo
Chapter 4: Your heart got me feeling so fine
Chapter 5: Your heart got me hurting at times
Chapter 6: I'm in
Chapter 7: I'm in - 2
Chapter 8: No one can lift me the way that you do
Chapter 10: Love you like this
Chapter 11: With every breath a new day
Chapter 12: You are all for me
Chapter 13: With love on the line
Chapter 14: With love on the line 2
Chapter 15: Falling, crash into my arms
Chapter 16: And just like that
Chapter 17: Falling, crash into my arms 2
Chapter 18: All I feel
Chapter 19: With love on the line 3
Chapter 20: All I feel is you
Chapter 21: Catch me the way that you do
Chapter 22: Never Let Go
Chapter 23: And just like that 2
Chapter 24: What if we both would need more

Chapter 9: This love is like rain and blue skies

850 58 14
BinJinFF

Helloo!! 

A new chapter is here!!

Thank you sooo much for all the comments and votes. 🥰🥰

You guys are really amazing 💕💕💕

I am soo sorry for my late replies to some of your comments. I will try my best to reply asap. 😢💕💕

.

.

.

An old woman was sitting by the window inside her house waiting for her children.

When she finally saw the familiar figures get out of the car, she immediately called her husband and hopped out of her place... an action her age definitely prohibited.

"Yeobo, they are here!" the woman exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeobo, be careful we are not young anymore" the man chided following her to the door.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang.

The woman opened the door to the group of friends standing outside. The first thing she did was make her way through Joo Meok and Min So to hug Seri.

"Eommoni" Seri hugged the old lady tightly.

"Seri-ah, how are you?"

Everyone around them smiled.

"I told you, let Seri pass first" Seung Joon whispered to Joo Meok.

"I didn't get the chance."

It was a known rule among them, Seri came first and then everyone else.

For Seung Joon's parents, Seri was the daughter they had always wished for. 

From a young age, they taught Joo Meok and Seung Joon to take care of her and protect her. Even if she was old enough to take care of herself, as a family, they would always be protective of her.

The old couple greeted the group and ushered them inside. The weather wasn't that friendly.

"Dinner is ready. Go freshen up quickly"

The girls went to Seri's room and Joo Meok and Seung Joon each went to their own room.

The 2 couples didn't feel it was right to stay in the same rooms in the presence of Seung Joon's parents.

.

.

.

The girls' room...

Seo Dan called dibs for the bathroom, so Min So and Seri busied themselves unpacking their belongings.

"Eonni where can I put my clothes?"

"Choose a good place in the closet before Dani comes out" Seri suggested making Min So chuckle. 

Trust Seri to rile Dani up.

Min So turned to Seri to see her busy on her phone. Her eyes were shining brightly, and her eye smile was on full display.

That person is definitely special. Min So thought and went back to her unpacking.

Suddenly, Seri's phone started ringing. 

At first, Seri got flustered, she looked at Min So who was busy placing her belongings in the closet not really paying attention to what was happening. Then, she carelessly wore her jacket and stepped outside the room to the balcony without saying a word.

"Hello" Seri answered

"Love" hearing his endearment brought a shy smile to her face. She would never get used to that and she loved it.

"How are you? How was the trip?" Jeong Hyeok asked

"Fun as always. I really love it when Dani and Joon come back. It's like we have never been apart. Joo Meok and Joon kept on bickering the whole ride. It was really funny to watch" Seri giggled remembering how her friends were fighting over which route to go with.

Jeong Hyeok smiled hearing her soft giggles. "So, I take it they handled the driving part"

"Yeah, but we will have to drive back." Seri pouted "How is it going on your side?"

"Good. Mom and Dad like Ye Rin. They are comfortable around her. Mom is enjoying having her future daughter-in-law in her house. She is pampering the couple."

"Did Mu Hyeok propose?" Seri asked confused

"Not really. He wants to meet her family too before that, but they are getting there."

"I am glad that things went well, Ye Rin was so nervous."

"Yeah, even Mu Hyeok was. He was having a hard time in the morning."

"Ye Rin is a wonderful person, it is impossible not to like her"

"I told him the same thing"

"And what did he tell you"

"Get a girlfriend"

Seri laughed out loud when Jeong Hyeok told her about his conversation with Mu Hyeok.

"You can't hide a secret. I can imagine your ears were burning red" 

Jeong Hyeok didn't answer which assured her that that indeed happened.

"I think we are really bad at keeping secrets"

"Yeah, we are. Everyone around us knows, but they are kind enough to give us space"

"What are your plans?" Jeong Hyeok asked

"We usually chill. I don't do much. I just enjoy uncle and aunty's company. And I honestly can't do much, now that my source of fun is not with me" she said cheekily

Jeong Hyeok smiled at her comment... She was talking about him. "If anyone heard you say that, they'll think you are bluffing. You know?"

"Why?" Seri asked confused

"I am not exactly fun"

"Oh, but for me you are. Just being around you is."

"Yeah, let's keep it between us."

"Don't worry. I won't ruin your image in front of your friends. 'Fun Ri Jeong Hyeok' is only for me" Seri couldn't control her blush saying it.

"Possessive much are we?" Jeong Hyeok was enjoying this conversation.

She was right, this side of him was only reserved for her. It wasn't intentional. It came naturally. He was the most comfortable around her, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

The couple was interrupted by Eun Hyeok calling his brother to come out for dinner.

"Go love. I will call you by midnight"

"Ok take care"

The couple hung up and each joined their families for dinner.

.

.

.

At the Gu's household...

Dinner was fun and really loud.

Between Joo Meok and Seung Joon's arguments and Seo Dan and Seri's bantering, Min So and Seung Joon's parents were silent spectators... There was no need to get involved.

Seri and Seo Dan were close, but Seri liked to rile her friend up a bit. Among her friends, Seri enjoyed being the youngest even if it was by mere months.

After Min So joined their group, Seri fell into the big sister role pretty well, but that didn't stop Seri from giving her 'elder' siblings a hard time.

Seung Joon's parents were content. They had all their kids around them. Their only wish was to invite Seri's special person soon too... like Seo Dan and Do Min So.

They were definitely proud of what she achieved, and that was why they also wanted her to experience the beauty of love and share her life with someone special. 

They would never pressure her, this was just their secret wish.

.

.

.

Seo Dan and Seung Joon were stealing glances at each other, something was up.

"Spill it" Joo Meok commented

"What?" Seri asked confused

"It looks like they have something to say" Joo Meok pointed at the couple sitting in front of him Seo Dan and Seung Joon.

All heads turned to the couple in question.

Seung Joon chuckled nervously "It is nothing." He cleared his throat. "Like it isn't a big deal you know"

Seung Joon and Seo Dan held hands smiling softly at each other.

"OH MY GOD" Seri exclaimed loudly startling everyone.

"WHAT" Seo Dan replied loudly too.

"You have been craving a lot of food recently. YOU ARE PREGNANT" Seri wasn't even asking.

"WHAT?" Seung Joon and Seo Dan shouted at the same time

The couple looked around them, and the whole table went silent.

Seung Joon's mother was the first to react. She held her son's hand and asked softly

"Is it true?"

"Seri-ah" Seung Joon complained to Seri.

"Eomma" clearing his throat he continued, "no Dani is not pregnant. At least that's what I know" Seung Joon glanced at his girlfriend giving her a worried look

Seo Dan's mouth dropped. She kicked her boyfriend from under the table earning a yelp from him.

"Seri is just bluffing. No, I am not pregnant. And since when have I been craving for anything??"

Seo Dan glared at Seri. This woman had the nerve to smirk. She knew exactly what was happening. Seo Dan wanted to kill her.

"We have an announcement, but it is not what Seri just blurted out"

Seeing the uneasiness on the couple's faces, Seung Joon's father chuckled. 

Seri would never make it easy for anyone.

The couple took a deep breath and announced together.

"We want to get married" 

Everyone went silent again until Joo Meok shouted "Wahh!!!!"

"It's about time!!!!"

"Finally!!!"

Everyone was really happy for the couple. They got up to congratulate them.

When Seri hugged Seo Dan, the latter whispered "I will take my revenge when your time comes" making Seri laugh.

"Seri knew. That's why she was teasing us" Seung Joon revealed

"Well, it was really hard to ignore the big rock on Dani's finger"

Spontaneously, Min So looked at Seo Dan's finger but couldn't find the said ring.

"Oh my god, unnie I think you lost it. It is not on your finger." The caring Min So started panicking.

"Oh no. I removed it Min So-ah"

"As this brat said" she pointed at Seri, "it is really hard not to notice it. And we didn't want to ruin the surprise."

"I saw it when we met at the airport and figured things out. Dani can't hide anything from me" Seri grinned.

"I thought you were busy panicking, that you won't notice it." Seung Joon dropped the bomb. (Chapter 9)

Now it was Seri's turn to stutter.

"Joon-ah" Seri warned worriedly.

"Why? What happened?" Joo Meok asked confused

"Nothing I was just surprised when I saw them at the airport. The food is getting cold everyone. Let's continue our dinner" Seri rushed back to her place, not giving them a chance to ask more questions.

Seo Dan and Seung Joon secretly glanced at each other and smirked... revenge is sweet.

.

.

.

At the Ri's Household...

Jeong Hyeok stayed at his parents' house. He was having his morning coffee with his father.

"Abeoji, I will accompany you and Eomma to your doctor's appointment today."

Chung Ryeol nodded sipping his coffee.

"Why do you look so worried?" Jeong Hyeok asked his father when he didn't receive any reply from him.

"Nothing, but lately I haven't been feeling that good. I know it is nothing, but I am worried it might affect my checkup test results." Chung Ryeol admitted shocking his son.

"What? And you are telling me this now? What's wrong Abeoji?"

"Calm down son." Chung Ryeol was trying to calm his son down, but Jeong Hyeok was not having any of it.

His father wasn't feeling well. Apparently, this has been going on for a long time now and he didn't tell anyone about it.

"It's nothing. It is just fatigue" Chung Ryeol lied

"And?" His father was still hiding stuff.

"I am growing old son." The father tried to reason with his son.

"Dad please tell me exactly what you are feeling?"

Chung Ryeol took pity on his worried son and told him "I am constantly feeling tired, and when it gets too much, my body starts to ache, and I feel dizzy. That's it."

"That's not something you should ignore Abeoji. It is serious" Jeong Hyeok got really worried

"Does Eomma know?"

Chung Ryeol shook his head sideways and glanced at the door.

"She shouldn't know"

"But..."

Chung Ryeol cut him "No, I told you my body isn't the same anymore. That's why all of those things are happening. Your mother won't accompany us today. She is going shopping with Mu Hyeok"

"You convinced her to go with Hyung." it was a statement, he didn't need to ask.

.

.

.

At C&H groups...

Jun Seo was attending the morning team meeting of C&H groups when he saw one of his men standing out the door. He stood up abruptly grabbing everyone's attention in the room.

"Continue the meeting without me." He cut the man mid-sentence. "Update me when the meeting is done" he ordered his secretary.

Going out, he gestured for the man to follow him to his office.

.

.

.

"What do you have?" Jun Seo asked sitting behind his desk

"Sir, that's from Yoon Se Hyung."

With trembling hands, the man handed the file to Jun Seo.

"What did you find?" Jun Seo asked before opening the folder.

"Yoon Seri's boyfriend is Ri Jeong Hyeok. He owns a small restaurant very near Seri's choice. You can find everything in the folder"

Jun Seo scoffed at the man in front of him "Boyfriend? A restaurant owner?" Jun Seo asked sarcastically "Did Seri stoop that low?"

Opening the file, Jun Seo found multiple pictures of Jeong Hyeok and Seri... obviously taken without their consent.

The photos were of them hugging, walking hand in hand, and kissing.

Seeing those pictures, Jun Seo's anger rose.

He saw red.

"OUT NOW" he ordered the man.

The man scrambled out of the office.

The moment he closed the door, he heard glass crashing and the sound of things being thrown around.

The man then made a call.

"He received the package"

.

.

.

At Seri's Choice...

Se Hyung passed through Seri's choice offices and corridors with bitterness in his eyes.

It had been so long since he last visited the company, but his feelings toward it and its CEOs didn't change.

Before Se Hyung can reach Seri's office, Gwang Hyeok stopped him.

"How can I help you, Sir?" Gwang Hyeok asked calmly.

"Where is Seri?" Se Hyung asked rudely.

Who is this guy? Gwang Hyeok thought.

Gwang Hyeok gave Se Hyung a tight smile and replied "Seri Daepyonim is not available at the moment. You can leave a message with me, and I will make sure she receives it."

Se Hyung scoffed sarcastically "What are you, the answering machine here?"

When Gwang Hyeok didn't answer, Se Hyung asked again, "You are the new guy here right?"

Gwang Hyeok ignored Se Hyung's sarcastic comment "Seri Daepyonim won't be available for the next few days, so if it is urgent then I can deliver your message"

The guy was dismissing Se Hyung, and this didn't sit well with him. "Listen here you pathetic excuse of a secretary, I don't want you to send any message."

"Sir that's highly disrespectful, I don't think Daepyonim will appreciate your behavior."

"What did you just say?" Se Hyung came really close to Gwang Hyeok, but the younger man wasn't fazed which made Se Hyung angrier.

"An assistant is telling me what is right and what is not. What type of people is Seri employing? Really?" Se Hyung said sarcastically

People with lower status gave him 'respect' no matter what... But this guy...

Honestly, Gwang Hyeok couldn't tolerate any behavior like that, and he was pretty sure that Seri would also never accept such a thing in her company.

If this guy was this rude to him, then Gwang Hyeok couldn't imagine how he would behave with Seri. It was better if he dismissed him.

"Oh. One second. What's your name?"

"My name is not an issue here sir"

Se Hyung got so mad, he shouted in his pathetic attitude. "YAA" In an attempt to faze the guy in front of him.

"You don't know whom you are talking to. I am Yoon Seri's brother. If she gets to know how you treated her brother, she will surely fire you"

"I will inform her about your visit here sir" Gwang Hyeok gave him a fake smile and went back to his work, not really caring about the recent revelation.

"You are his brother, aren't you" Se Hyung stated making Gwang Hyeok freeze in his place.

"You are" Se Hyung confirmed his suspicions by Gwang Hyeok's reaction.

Gaining his composure, Gwang Hyeok replied "I don't know what you are talking about sir. Now please if you don't have anything else to say, you can leave"

"You think that if Seri is warming your brother's bed, then you can act like you own the company" Se Hyung spat his insults unashamed that he was saying all that about his sister.

"How can you say that about Yoon Seri Daepyo? Your sister?!"

"Stop with your behavioral admonishment. Tell Seri that she and I will have a chat when she comes back from wherever the hell she is."

With that, Se Hyung left leaving a stunned Gwang Hyeok behind.

What kind of sick people are in Seri Daepyonim's life? Gwang Hyeok asked no one in particular. He just wished they don't cause her any harm. She didn't deserve it.

.

.

.

At C&H groups...

Jun Seo was pacing back and forth in his office while Se Hyung was sitting there waiting for him to stop.

"What should I do? How did she meet him? How didn't I notice?" Jun Seo was going nuts

"Can you calm your shit down? Think about Seri later. We have work to talk about."

Se Hyung was mad, he didn't visit Jun Seo to talk about Seri, he wanted to ensure that Jun Seo would handle his junk transfer properly.

"You got everything you want. Now sit down and walk me through the plan" Se Hyung tried for the last time before he burst out and got his gun out in Jun Seo's face. 

"Sit down" Se Hyung ordered to which Jun Seo obeyed quickly and got back to his place.

"Why are you so aggressive? I was just thinking about something" Jun Seo said scoffing nervously.

"How are you going to handle the transfer?"

"My men are well trained for that. You should trust me"

"Stop with your nonsense. I would never trust anyone and especially you."

"Ok if you should know. We will have our men distributed in four different areas. 2 groups will watch over for intruders. 1 group will handle the transfer, and the last group will be watching making sure the deal is complete so we won't get tricked. If something goes wrong, there are 3 extra men there... they will handle it."

"You are not getting anyone's help, right?"

"No. My men only. I don't go back on my words Yoon Se Hyung. I promised you, our partners won't know a thing about it."

"If something goes wrong, my name will not come out. Or I will destroy you. Do you understand?" Se Hyung warned.

Jun Seo nodded and said confidently "You have my word"

"Now go handle your shitty love life. It seems like you're losing control. Seri is not in Seoul for the second time in less than a month and you don't know anything about it. I think she is having way too much fun with her new boyfriend." with that Se Hyung left a riled-up Jun Seo behind.

Damn work! Jun Seo was so busy the last few days that he didn't get updates from his men and he didn't go to Seri's choice.

Jun Seo was burning with jealousy. He couldn't also get the pictures out of his head. 

They were so close. His Seri is with a different man.

It took him a while to control his anger and stop throwing things around. He didn't want to lose control again. He wanted to figure out a way to destroy Jeong Hyeok for coming close to Seri and daring to touch her.

.

.

.

At the Gu's household...

Seri was sitting in her favorite spot by the window admiring the rainy weather outside.

"What are you thinking about?" Joo Meok came in and sat next to her. He was holding two cups of hot chocolate. He handed one to an eager Seri and drank a sip from his cup.

"Ohhh I needed that." Seri said after taking a sip from her drink.

"You're welcome" Joo Meok answered making Seri scoff sarcastically.

The two friends sat in a comfortable silence looking out of the window.

"There is something you want to say" Seri stated. She knew Joo Meok so well to not notice her friend's restlessness.

"I was thinking about something. I mean it is still just a thought, I don't think Min So is ready for this step" Joo Meok looked nervous

"Tell me, maybe I can help" Seri turned serious. Her friend needed her.

"You know Min So and I have been dating for a long time now" Seri nodded "and we are spending almost all of our time together" Seri nodded again "Last night, I suggested that we move in together"

"Oh that" Seri was expecting either a marriage proposal or moving in together, so she wasn't that shocked.

"Yeah"

"That's great news" Seri was excited for her friend.

"But she didn't seem to like the idea"

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. She just told me to give her some time to think it through"

"I mean moving in together is something serious. Which will bring up the big M very soon. You love her I know, but maybe that's overwhelming for her."

"But we have been literally spending almost every day together for the past 4 years. What if her feelings towards me have changed? What if she wants to break up with me now that I brought this up?" He was panicking, so Seri held his arm stopping him for a second.

"Hey, hey, calm down. You are getting way ahead of yourself. Min So loves you. Maybe it was so sudden, and she just got shocked. Look she didn't dismiss the idea, right? Give her some time to think. She will talk to you. You know Min So better than anyone else right?" Joo Meok nodded.

"Maybe for her, this is not a simple thing. It's a big step for her." Seri continued

"But Dani and Joon did it and look now they are getting married."

"Don't compare your relationship with Min So to any other relationship. Everyone has different views and different comfort zone. Think about yourself and Min So only." Seri patted his hand encouragingly.

"Usually, we talk about those big decisions. We discuss them for hours until we reach a solution, but yesterday she just dismissed the idea and changed the subject." Joo Meok got frustrated remembering what happened the night before.

"Calm down. This is no different. Take her out today, talk about it, and tell her what you are thinking. Min So will understand. Her reaction is normal given that she may have not thought about the whole thing previously."

"I am not sure I would understand if she said no" Joo Meok admitted shocking Seri.

"What are you saying Joo Meok-ah? You are being unreasonable" Seri tried to talk him out of whatever he was thinking. "If you want, I can talk to her"

"No" Joo Meok directly replied. "I want her to be sure about us. Without someone else convincing her. Especially about this topic. It is our future, and if she is doubting it now, then there will come a day when she will feel I forced her into something she didn't want."

"Four years aren't enough to show that she is fully committed to you?" Seri asked

"It is Seri-ah. Hell, I can't picture a future without her. I really don't. I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about marriage, but if moving in together will cause this, then I don't know what will happen when I propose. I want to take the next step and start establishing a more serious life with her."

"Don't say or do anything that you will regret. She needs time. Even if she says no, you discuss it and you find a solution. Be the understanding and rational guy you have always been." Seri was really apprehensive, the look on her friend's face wasn't promising.

"Till when am I going to be the 'understanding' boyfriend?" and that did it for Seri. She snapped.

"You do that out of love and not an obligation. And you know that. Look I really don't like interfering in anyone's life, but you are being an ass to Min So now. Cut her some slack and listen to her. You know better than jumping to conclusions. She didn't even tell you her decision yet."

Feeling guilty Joo Meok looked down at his empty cup. "I don't know. I just really love her and want a stable future with her" 

Joo Meok got up abruptly saying he wants to talk to Min So.

Seri looked at her friend's retreating figure hoping he wouldn't do something stupid.

.

.

.

At Asan Medical Center in Seoul...

Jeong Hyeok and his father were at the doctor's.

"Ri Chung Ryeol ahjussi, I am not going to lie to you. Things don't look good" the doctor said reading the results of Chung Ryeol's blood test. 

"The symptoms you are experiencing are alarming."

"Doctor, what's wrong?" A worried Jeong Hyeok asked.

"There might be a blood clot or a weakening valve. The blood circulation is not strong enough, but that's just a theory. I will write down some more tests to do. And I would recommend you go to a cardiologist. I will add his contact details to the paper. You should go immediately after the test results are out."

"How long would it take for the results to come out?" Jeong Hyeok asked. He wanted to take his father to a cardiologist as soon as possible.

"A couple of days"

"Ahjussi you should follow a strict food diet. Avoid eating oily food, meat, and pork. Rely heavily on vegetables and healthy meals"

Chung Ryeol nodded accepting whatever the doctor was saying.

The son and father duo left the doctor's clinic in distress. 

After Chung Ryeol told his son about his symptoms, Jeong Hyeok expected the outcome of their doctor's visit. 

He vowed he would do anything for his father to treat him.

"You are going to tell your mother, aren't you?" Chung Ryeol broke the uncomfortable silence in the car.

"Obviously. I will gather everyone today and tell them what the doctor said"

"No. I want to wait until we go to the other doctor" Chung Ryeol said adamantly.

"Appa, I don't want to keep it from them. We can't do that. Let's tell them today. You won't endure this on your own. We are all there with you"

"They will get worried"

"The doctor said nothing is final yet."

Chung Ryeol was so tired to argue... he didn't respond.

.

.

.

True to the doctor's words, the tests came out in a couple of days and Chung Ryeol, accompanied by his four sons and wife, visited the cardiologist.

Luckily because of his routine checkups, the doctors were able to detect his case at an early stage. Ri Chung Ryeol's arteries began to clog due to the high cholesterol level, reducing the blood flow to his heart.

The doctor gave them some precautions and prescribed a new medication to help control the clog. Ri Chung Ryeol had to follow a very strict diet and lifestyle. He had to take his pills on time, go for walks frequently, and follow a stress-free lifestyle.

.

.

.

At the Gu's household...

Pacing in her room and checking her phone every few seconds, Seri was waiting for her boyfriend's call. He had told her about his father's condition, and she couldn't help but feel worried about her Ri Chung Ryeol ahjussi.

The moment her phone rang, Seri picked-up directly

"Jeong Hyeok-ah"

"Love" His voice was a bit far, Jeong Hyeok was driving, but good thing he didn't make her wait.

"What did the doctor say?"

"The doctor prescribed more pills for him, but it's fine as long as he follows a healthy diet, and he takes his medicine on time, Abeoji will be fine."

Seri sighed in relief "You are all around him, and you will take care of him. He will surely be fine."

When Jeong Hyeok didn't reply, Seri asked him softly "How are you feeling now?"

For the past few days, Jeong Hyeok was a nervous wreck and Seri desperately wanted to go back to Seoul. 

When Jeong Hyeok told her about their doctor's visit, she wanted to leave directly for Seoul. She just wanted to be by his side... Her boyfriend needed her. However, the weather had a different opinion, Gwangju got flooded because of the heavy rain the night before and no one was able to leave the house let alone have a trip to the other cities. Jeong Hyeok convinced her to stay with her family. He couldn't worry about her too.

For the past few days, Jeong Hyeok tried to hide his emotions from his family, but he couldn't do the same with Seri. Even though they weren't physically together, Seri was able to see through him. Their video calls and phone calls were enough to tell her that her boyfriend wasn't doing well. 

Jeong Hyeok needed someone to talk to, and Seri was the only person who can comfort him, so taking a deep breath to control his emotions, he told her everything.

"Seri-ah, I was really scared. I can't imagine something happening to him. He has always been there for us, and I will do everything and anything I can to keep it like that and keep him healthy."

"I am sure of that." Seri said in certainty which made Jeong Hyeok relax a bit. 

Her trust in him was just mind-blowing. Over the past month, they have proven to themselves and each other that they are worthy of this relationship. They built the trust they needed between them.

"You are an amazing son you know"

"And an awful boyfriend. I am sorry I haven't been that attentive lately."

"Don't be unreasonable."

"How are you? and how is your family?"

"We are all good, but you know staying in together, 24/7, for the past two days isn't always ideal in big families. Luckily, we can go out now. I am going with Dani for a walk and late lunch in a bit."

"That's good to hear. I am happy that your vacation hasn't been completely ruined by the flood."

"In three days, I will be with you. I miss you so much. Can we video call?"

"Oh... Baby, I am driving right now." He said hesitantly.

"Ah right, where are you going?"

"To the restaurant" Jeong Hyeok replied nervously which made Seri frown.

"Ok. Calm down. I am not coming after you"

"Ah sorry, this came out the wrong way." Jeong Hyeok tried to cover it up with a nervous scoff. 

"Tomorrow is Christmas eve you know." he told her.

"Yeah, and shortly after that, it will be our first month anniversary" 

"Don't kill your friends tomorrow if they get all mushy" Jeong Hyeok joked around

"I wish Joo Meok and Min So will do that" Seri commented dejectedly.

"You don't sound all right"

"It is not going well for them." Seri couldn't say more, and Jeong Hyeok understood that. 

He knew that the issue was between Joo Meok and Min So and if one of them sought Seri's help, she won't go around discussing it... even if it was with him.

"I hope things get better between them." Jeong Hyeok genuinely wished "They make a cute couple" He really liked them.

"They do." 

Seri heard footsteps approaching her room. "Babe, I have to leave Dani is coming"

"Ok have fun love. I will call you soon."

Jeong Hyeok hung up and smirked. 

A small white lie for the greater good. 

See you soon love... 

And his car sped off.

.

.

.

Somewhere in an abandoned factory in Seoul...

"Where is he?" Jun Seo accompanied by his men asked.

"This way Sir" one of them led their boss inside the area.

The moment Jun Seo entered and saw his men's 'artwork' he smirked evilly.

A middle-aged man was badly beaten up and tied to a chair. Surrounded by at least seven men, the old man was in the middle of the abandoned room barely conscious. Blood was running down his face. His forehead, under-eye, nose, and lips were filled with deep cuts. His cheeks were beaten black and blue. 

Jun Seo headed towards him grabbing his jaw, forcing the man to open his eyes and look into his furious face.

"Ahjussi. Remember me?" Jun Seo said darkly, studying the man's bruises. "They did a good job on that old face of yours you know. Were they harsh on you?"

The man could barely open his eyes. When Jun Seo grabbed him, he couldn't reply, he just glared at him.

"Ok, I will tell them to soften up a bit. I need you alive." He aggressively flung the man's face backward

"So" Jun Seo pulled out his handkerchief and wiped his hands. He turned and sat on the chair in front of the old man. "Have you thought about my offer?" 

The man didn't answer, so Jun Seo continued "Ok let me offer you something better. Give me the building lease and I will pay you twice the amount you want."

"I... I will do whatever you want. Just let me go" The man pleaded. He couldn't take the torture anymore. Even if his building was the only source of income for him and his family.

Jun Seo started laughing out loud. He grabbed the man's nape roughly and pulled him forward.

"So, you want more money." Jun Seo stated dangerously. 

"You could've just said that. Why did you waste my time? Huh." he gripped the man's neck harder.

Jun Seo snapped his fingers toward one of his men. The latter came forward holding a paper and a pen.

"Sign here" he forcefully made the man sign different documents. 

When they were done Jun Seo nodded curtly at his men who directly rushed to untie the man held captive. Jun Seo took a check out of his suit jacket and threw it on the floor.

"Here is your gift for cooperating" with that Jun Seo left with his men following him. Leaving the old man on the chair barely moving.

.

.

.

Looking at the signed papers and smirking cunningly Jun Seo thought, I got you Ri Jeong Hyeok. You will pay for looking at my Seri.

Before getting into the car, Jun Seo took made a quick call to his assistant "I got the building. Send a notice to the tenants and this shitty restaurant owner. I want the building demolished in two weeks."

.

.

.

On Gwangju streets...

Seri and Seo Dan were engrossed in their shopping mission.

For some unknown reason to Seri, Seo Dan forced her to buy a few dresses.

"Dani, I have a lot at home. I don't want to get more."

"No one says no to new dresses. And you have a boyfriend now, believe me, you need them."

Seri blushed at the mention of her boyfriend. Considering that her relationship with Jeong Hyeok was still a secret, it wasn't that common for her to speak about Jeong Hyeok or her love life with anyone.

"I see a blush here" Seo Dan teased Seri.

"Focus on preparing for your night with Joon and leave me alone" Seri tried to cover up her embarrassment.

"Don't worry I am pretty sure he will make it up to you when you go back. You will celebrate everything. Jeong Hyeok doesn't look like the boyfriend who forgets important dates or anniversaries." Seo Dan tried to reassure her friend.

"He doesn't" A small smile spread across Seri's face remembering her boyfriend.

Seeing her friend genuinely happy, Seo Dan's heart grew more. She prayed that her friend would stay happy and that Jeong Hyeok would be the one for her.

He made her happy.

.

.

.

At the Gu's household...

Joo Meok and Min Soo's relationship was on eggshells after the conversation they had.

Even after four years of being together, at that moment they just couldn't find a way to communicate and tell each other how they truly felt. 

They were acting as if nothing happened in front of the others, but when they were alone, it was awkward. Deep down, they knew something was wrong with them.

They were afraid of saying what was on their mind and hurting each other. They didn't want to reach a point where there was no return. They didn't want to lose each other.

Joo Meok headed towards Seri's room. He found his girlfriend sitting on the bed lost in her own world.

"Jagi." Joo Meok called out gaining her attention. "Can I enter?"

"Oppa, Of course, you don't need to ask" Min So directly assured him. Joo Meok's sigh didn't go unnoticed by his girlfriend. 

They have never been like that.

Joo Meok sat on the edge of the bed facing Min So. 

The couple sat in uncomfortable silence. The tension in the air was too much to handle for both of them. They looked into each other's eyes not daring to say another word.

"We need to talk" "Let's talk"

Both said in unison.

"You go first." Joo Meok said.

Min So nodded silently. She took a deep breath and spoke.

"I am sorry. I disappointed you. I have never meant to hurt you. Oppa, I don't feel I am ready to move in together. I feel if we do that, everything will change. I don't want to lose you." Min So held her boyfriend's hand.

"But we have been together for four years now, don't you want something more stable now?" Joo Meok sounded disappointed and it broke Min So's heart.

"Of course, I do, but I don't think I am ready for that now" Min So felt helpless. She didn't know how to make Joo Meok understand her point when she herself thought she was being unreasonable.

What was stopping her? She loved him. He loved her. They have been together for 4 years now. Spent all their time together. They were inseparable. So, what was stopping her?

She was scared to take that move. As unreasonable as it may sound, she was not ready for that. 

Joo Meok had always known what he wanted. He was the one who took the first step in their relationship, he was the one who first introduced her officially to his family, and he was the one who proposed to take the next step together.

It always seemed like Min So was the one at the receiving end, but in reality, she was more cautious with regard to Joo Meok. It took Seri and Seo Dan's interference for her to accept Joo Meok into her life and admit her feelings for him. It took her months and months after she met his family to say that it was time for him to meet hers. He was too precious for her to lose, so she took her time weighing the pros and cons of every big decision she had to take for their relationship.

Yes, she needs time... time was her answer, she wants to let everything sink.

"Give me time, please. To get used to the idea at least."

"So, you are not against it?"

"Oppa, I see a future with you. I definitely do. But what you proposed is so sudden for me I am not prepared yet. It's a big step for me. After moving in together, the marriage topic will pop up. If not between us, then it will come from everyone around us"

"But we shouldn't care about what people say as long as we are happy" he looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I know. By people I mean my family. They will start asking. I know your family doesn't mind, but mine will question our decision and our future plans. I don't want to put this pressure on us. We are not ready for marriage yet."

"Why not?" Joo Meok asked shocking Min So to the core.

"What... what do... what are you saying?" she asked dreading his answer.

"Min So-ah, we have been together for so long now. We love each other. We understand each other. You know me better than anyone and I know you the most. I don't see a problem in moving forward together. My future is with you."

Joo Meok didn't want to talk about marriage yet, but her response worried him.

He knew his girlfriend so well. She was scared and he wanted to assure her that there was nothing to be scared of. Their life would get much better if they moved forward. 

"We have been like that for 4 years now. I want to take the next step. We can't stay like that forever. Don't you think your family will also start asking questions when we are 4 years into our relationship, and we don't have a plan yet?"

It frustrated Min So, Joo Meok, her usually understanding boyfriend, is not getting her. She felt like he was pressuring her.

"And I am not telling you that's going to be forever. I am just asking for time Oppa. Please try to understand." Min So's tears spilled down her cheeks. 

That was the first time where she felt she can't express her feelings to Joo Meok. It was frustrating and really sad.

"Why are you scared?" Joo Meok asked the million-dollar question.

"It's just that, If we move in together things will change. You'll get disappointed. Living with me isn't how you expect it to be."

"Jagiya" Joo Meok pulled Min So towards him, laying her head on his chest. "Our life won't always be rainbows and unicorns. Just like how our relationship has always been. We have our moments where we fight, but eventually, we find our way out and solve it. Am I right?" 

Min So nodded without saying anything. She was too emotional to say a word. The moment she felt Joo Meok's arms around her, all her doubts flew out of the window. Her Joo Meok was still there. He didn't go anywhere.

Feeling her tears soaking his shirt. Joo Meok soothingly stroked her arm. 

"And I am not expecting to have a certain perfect life with you. My perfect is when you are there and that's it. How we live and what will happen if we move in together, are some things we will figure out while we are at it. I would never be disappointed in whatever we do with each other.

Hell, I am also nervous, but I want to experience a new stable thing with you. I want to share more of my life with you. I too don't want you to get disappointed if we move in together, but I know we will try our best to make it work. Like how we built our relationship, we can also build our home and life together. And don't worry no one is going to ask you about the big M. Trust me I will handle everyone." After a small pause, he continued,

"Let's make a deal. I will wait for you to tell me you are ready, and then I will handle the whole proposal. What do you say?"

Joo Meok felt Min So's cries calm down. He looked at her and saw her wiping her tears.

"I love you." She said weeping making Joo Meok's heart melt. "Let's do it. Let's move in together"

Joo Meok couldn't believe his ears. He broke the hug and gazed at Min So intently. "Are you serious?"

Min So nodded wiping the rest of the tears off her cheeks. "Yes. I want a future with you. And you are right, we will figure things out. So, let's move in."

"Are you sure about it?" Joo Meok asked again. 

A few minutes ago, and for three full days, Min So was totally against the idea of moving in together

After his small talk, was he able to convince her?!

He entered the room with a totally different conversation in his head. He was expecting the worse.

For the last few days, he couldn't understand his girlfriend and that kept him on edge. Due to his frustration, he kept on pressuring her to give him a logical reason. He desperately wanted to understand her, but he was doing it the wrong way. 

Were they able to solve the issue?

Was he going to live with his girlfriend, his soulmate?

.

.

.

A knock at the door made Seri sigh loudly. 

After a long shopping day, no one should expect her to move out of her place for the next couple of hours.

She sat there in the living room, mindlessly watching TV, not really caring about what was running on or the knock at the door. All her focus was on a certain someone who didn't call or texted since morning.

"Seri-ah, go open the door" Seo Dan came out of nowhere startling Seri.

"You are the one standing. You are closer to it. Go open it yourself" Seri was too lazy to do it.

"Come on do it before someone else gets it" Seo Dan tried to usher Seri to open the door. The girl was panicking

"Dani, Let them be. Why do you want me to open it? Whoever hears the knock can come down and answer the door" Seri said in a frustratingly and annoyingly dismissive tone which drove Seo Dan to the edge.

What she did next made Seo Dan widen her eyes in shock and act impulsively. Seri got up muttering something close to "anyways I really don't want to deal with people right now. I have my own problems" and was heading up the stairs. So, acting quickly, Seo Dan grabbed Seri's arms and literally dragged her towards the door. Shocking Seri to the wits.

"What are you doing?"

"No. You are going to open the door" 

Seo Dan pulled the jacket from the hanger and wrapped it around Seri. She also placed her friend's outdoor slippers in front of her to change into them. 

Seri looked at Seo Dan weirdly. 

"Dani, what are you doing? Sometimes I truly think you are unstable"

Another knock at the door made them jump out of their place.

"Just do it." Seo Dan ordered. Seri was draining her energy.

"Is there a psycho behind that door? Do you want to hand me to him? Are you that desperate?"

"Yaaa" Seo Dan had had enough. She moved from behind Seri and opened the door for her. "Here comes your psycho."

The moment Seri looked at the person behind the door, she stood rooted in her place. Seo Dan was finally able to see her friend speechless.

"Hello, Jeong Hyeok ssi. I am sorry that it took her ages to open the door, but she was acting like her usual spoiled brat self. I had to drag her towards the door." Seo Dan glanced again at her friend who was just standing there staring at her boyfriend.

"I would like to thank you. I have finally seen her speechless" Seo Dan was aiming for one thing... and that is to embarrass Seri as much as she could in front of Jeong Hyeok.

"That's my usual effect on her." Jeong Hyeok gave Seri a sly smile making Seo Dan burst out laughing.

This guy is brilliant. Seo Dan thought

But where was the lie? He always left her out of words.

And Seri being Seri, of course, won't let her giddy and mushy girlfriend persona get exposed in front of everyone around her, so she directly composed herself and cleared her throat.

This guy is so full of himself. That was, of course, Seri's thought.

There he stood in his tall and well-built form wearing his casual clothing. Long black coat, white turtle neck, black jeans, white sneakers, and hair on point... her favorite style on him. He was holding a bouquet of flowers with an enchanting smile on his face showing off his dimples. Talking to her friend.

Focus Seri. Focus. Seri chided herself.

The last thing she heard was Seo Dan scolding him for calling her Seo Dan ssi instead of noona.

"Sorry noona."

"It seems like you want to call someone else Noona too from now on." Seri threatened.

Teasing Seri further, Jeong Hyeok gazed at Seri hiding his smile then looked at Seo Dan and said "Hmm, I don't think she will like it if I call her that."

"Ya, I am standing here you know."

"Yeah, we know that" Jeong Hyeok replied nonchalantly trying so hard to hard his smile.

"Noona, that's for you" Jeong Hyeok handed the bouquet to a blushing Seo Dan making Seri's jaw drop.

"You..." she didn't know what to say.

"See I told you, I make her speechless." Delightfully proving his point, Jeong Hyeok smirked in triumph.

Seo Dan went for a small chuckle accepting the flowers from Jeong Hyeok. She was trying to ignore the intimidating glare Seri was giving her.

"They are beautiful thank you Jeong Hyeok-ah. Seri your boyfriend is such a gentleman"

Seri glared at her friend, gesturing for her to leave.

"Ok, that's my cue. I will leave you two lovebirds alone. Don't get naughty around here. Eommoni and Abeoji will definitely catch you" Seo Dan teased them and rushed inside... it was cold.

Both their cheeks turned into a deep shade of red.

The couple looked at each other and smiled.

He was there.

She was there.

They can finally spend some time together.

They will celebrate their first Christmas together.

They will celebrate their first month anniversary on time.

.

.

.

is she ready?

.

.

.

End of chapter 

Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it 💕💕💕💕

Next chapter coming soon (but first I have to write the new chapter for 'The Heir' 😬)

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

202K 3.5K 46
Crash Landing on You. A powerfull story for an amazing show. Beautiful. Exquisite. Wonderful cast. Awesome story love of fate, redemption, forgivenes...
11.7K 802 13
Summer Child, everyone used to call her, despite she was born in chilly February. It was due to her sunny personality and her smile that includes all...
New Year's Kiss starupabove

Любовные романы

8.4K 599 3
"There is this New Year's Eve party happening on the 31st, and I'm supposed to bring a plus one," Yoon Seri tells Ri Jeong Hyeok that cold December e...
Love Next Door starupabove

Любовные романы

19.3K 1.4K 5
Sometimes you don't realize that the person you have been looking for all your life is the one right in front of you. Story Cover © @chumchururum