His Voice | Rise! Donnie x Fe...

By WritingRosette

Cross published on AO3. Set before the movie, since the book was created before the trailer was released. S... More

Midnight Gaming
A 'Little' Something
Pep Talk
Sleepover!
Akward......
How Do You Know My Name!?
Confrontation
Realization
REALITY?!
Encounter
Bonding
Discovery
Confession And Gift Giving
Welcome To The Hidden City!
A/N
Better Reunions
Arrival
Let's Go Together
With Friends And Relatives
A Few Heartaches
A/N
No More Silence Please
A/N
Preparations
A Mishap
Arguments And Apologies
New Faces
A/N
Hangout Time
New Enemy
Troubles Back Home
Warning
Start Up
Some Other Voice
Comfort
Two Sided Story
Turtle Fam Bonding™

Game On

2.5K 107 150
By WritingRosette

The movie was about to start, so we all entered the studio. My seat was somewhere in the fifth row, third column. Took moments to locate the seat, but it wouldn’t matter for the movie hasn’t begun. I waited on my seat, observing all the others as they climbed up the stairs to get to their seats. I noticed that Y/N was climbing the stairs till my level, she looked towards my side for a second before walking towards me. Oh shingles, we might sit together. Wait wait wait, what?

I kept my eyes on her to see that she sat two seats away from me, looking back at my ticket I thought I could just move over. Who the hell checks these tickets anyway…………

“Excuse me, coming through, sorry sis. Ah yes, the grand view.” Leonardo walked towards us with a heap pile of snacks that he probably bought with April’s money to the empty seat I was about to move to. A little irritating that he got that seat and not me, I deserve it far better. I have the obligation to talk to her.

“Umm, Neon. Mind if we switch places?” I asked, if he felt generous today, we could switch places. I mildly doubt my own thesis.

“No siree, Genius Don. The ticket says I sit here, so I will be sitting here.” Leo states as he taps on the armrest. Bargaining with him has never been the easiest. He placed down some of the snacks he had and gave a few to both me and Y/N.

“No one’s gonna check the tickets, can’t we just switch?” I try again, honestly despising his knowledge sometimes. One moment he chose to ignore the law, the other he chose to follow. It is all just to spite me.

“Hmm, nah. I like it here.” Leonardo says as he gets more comfortable in his seat. I swear to the owner of the underworld that he needs to go.

A loud reverberation echoed in the room as the screen re-positions itself for the viewers. What movie were we watching? I re-checked the ticket that I was given and we were watching some sappy romcom?! This is not my cup of tea! Ugh, now I gotta bear with this shit. I’ve had mostly enough today. 

Never in my life have I ever wanted to commit arson and first degree murder. The entire span of the movie was ridiculous, writing was horrible, actors were decent, and worst of all was the way Leonardo or quote on quote Neon acted with Y/N. For basic minds, there were multiple devastating melancholy moments at which the protagonists can’t seem to understand love. Leonardo kept begging to have me hold his hand, which is just despicable. But then, Y/N held his hand for me!!! Leonardo and Y/N kept gushing about those stupid idiotic romance scenes that I can’t even fathom as real romance. I could’ve held her hand if it wasn’t for Leonardo being so absolute dog-shit about switching seats.

And it was far worse when we left the studio. We were back at the lobby re-gathering when I saw Y/N alone. I wanted to approach her, when out of thin air Raphael grabbed me to use as a teddy bear. His hugs were bone-crushing, and he kept crying on me about his most melodramatic scenes. To make it worse, Leonardo decided to keep Y?N occupied and talked to her when I was supposed to. When Raph released me from his iron grip, we were already departing from the cinema. 

I want just one chance to say sorry, but it doesn't seem like the universe is letting me.

“Hey, why don’t we go to the arcade?” April stated to the group, turning a full one-eighty degrees for her face to meet the others. She laid her hands on her hips, raising her hands for everyone to follow. Everyone followed along and we all continued to walk towards the arcade. It wasn’t that crowded, so most of us got to enjoy our favorite games. I thought that this was my chance to get Y/N attention, by bedazzling her in my greatness. But every time I tried to do so, everyone else somehow caught her attention. 

We were watching a man punch the punching bag for that one strength measurement game, and he managed to get a highscore. It wasn’t too great, so I thought I could just break the record a little higher. I spent most of my life training, and as a ninja I can concur that I do have some abnormal strength. But before I even got the chance to speak out, Raphael went ahead and took his turn. He managed to reach the score of nine-thousand-and-ninety-nine, completely ruining my chances to try and beat that highscore.

I tried to look for other games while staying close to Y/N, but it always seems like she has her eyes on someone else. 

When we left to the other corner of the arcade, she was already amazed at the fact that Leonardo was playing that hoop game. Not the ring thrower, but the basketball game. He was dunking very quickly, barely missing any shots. He managed to beat the arcade high score and earned himself more that three digits worth of tickets. I couldn’t be sure exactly how much, but if each of the folds were five tickets, and it was folded in a zigzag manner, followed by a diameter of less than a centimeter, I must say that he at least earned two-hundred or less. 

That in itself wasn’t enough, when we finished watching Leonardo, we found April playing Whack-a-mole. She was very accurate with her hits, and they were not light. She played the game as if she had a grudge against these moles that I think I’m aware of. And Y/N was cheering her on, can’t say I’m not rather jealous but it was April. I’d be supporting her as well, the best sister you can have. 

We roamed again to find Raphael at a ‘Dance Dance Revolution’ game. He was rocking it I have to say, but it was nothing compared to my dance skills. Y/N seems to be really impressed by the fact that someone with a figure like Raph can be nimble and agile. I wanted to ask her to play for the next round, but I was rudely interrupted when I saw her being pulled away. 

Her sister had brought her to check out a few things, I can’t really disturb sibling bonding. So I decided to just go on my own, maybe play some games to lighten my own mood. Somewhere when I was roaming, I caught a wild Michelangelo aka Tangerine. Why did I call him Tangerine? Because his mask color is more tangerine than orange. Look it up. 

Anyways, whenever I inserted my play card into a game, he would swoop in and take my play. “Thanks, Gee Dee.” He says as he takes the controller from me and starts playing. But he’s just an innocent little curb, Raphael probably confiscated his play card or he had already used all his credit. Either way, I can’t just say no to him. But it got worse, to the point every game I was about to play was taken by Michael. No matter how fast or how far I am from him, he’d always find me and take my chance again. This has been my twelve run away from him, and I’m currently hiding in the photo booth. And I thought I lost, so I left to play one of those first person shooting games. But I got pulled away before I could even come close to the machine. 

I had been brought by my brothers to a coin stack game, you know where there are towers of coins that you need to topple for a jackpot. The arcade machines were surrounding a pillar, making a circle of four. Raph was on one, and it doesn’t even look like he’s even trying. He’s merely spamming the ‘drop’ button any chance he could get, ruining the point of the game. He’s giving other people chances of winning that jackpot. 

“Oh hey GD, can I borrow your card?” I couldn’t even fathom the expression that my face was showing, but I know what the results were judging by the look on Raph’s face. He went ahead and placed both his pointing fingers together and he made a ‘teehee’ sound. God hell, how is he the eldest??

I swiped my credit in for him to play, but as soon as I placed it in he started spamming once again. "No, stop! You have to play it strategically!" Raphael halted, but he pressed the button once again. "Oops, I think that was my last coin." He looks at the counter that brighty says zero coins. Why? Literally just why? I shoved him away from the game and swiped my card again. This time, it's my turn. And I calculated the drop rate, air resistance, material weight, and luck chances before dropping each coin. 

"And would you look at that, a jackpot~!" I start to sing, winning is my specialty. The tickets started sprouting out from the dispenser, and everyone praised me for my greatness in elite thinking. But the ictave of those cheers were low. I looked around to see that it was only my brothers cheering for me, the girls had left to another game when I was not aware. 

*sigh* I hate this feeling. 

The gameshow has ended, and we all had departed the arcade. We were taking bathroom breaks at the moment, I didn't feel the need to do so. So I waited outside for everyone else. 

"Hey GD, still waiting on everyone else?" Ah yes, that angelic voice I so dearly miss. Out of all the times I tried to get her attention, only now did I get it. 

"You waiting for everyone else?" 

"Yea, they're kinda taking their time." 

I leaned back on the wall behind me, to show off my bad boy image, of course. I looked towards her to see that she tried to mimic me. But she just just looks more adorable than cool. 

To try and add to the bad boy look, I looked away from her. As much as I want to talk about the events, I'm not me. I'm GD at the moment, not Donatello. So it wouldn't even matter if I said anything. 

"Here." Her soft voice choes through the empty hallway, it caught my attention to say the least. I looked back towards her, she was holding out an ice cream cone for me. I couldn't reject the gift, so I took it. It was vanilla, basic but not bad. It's better than pistachio. 

"Oh wait, I forgot something." She ran off to a corner, disappearing before I could even say thank you. Her generosity for random people is just imaculent. She came back a few minutes after, the milk compound was almost melting.

"Here, it's better with something than nothing." She says as she placed two chocolate wafers on the cone. There it is again, that stupid feeling that just resurfaces whenever she does a kind gestures. 

I can't help but just smile back at her, and she smiled back. 

"Thank you for that."

"No problem, I noticed that you weren't having your best time."

"You kept frowning at everything."

"So I thought I'd get you something."

She's definitely something else, or is it just basic human decency? I've never received basic human curtesy before, I'm not human after all. But I am now, even just for a day. 

"Shit, I gotta go to the bathroom real quick."

"If anyone is looking for me, tell them I'm in the bathroom, k?" 

And with that I'm alone once again. Just me nd this ice cream. All for me, heh. I'll enjoy this peace, this one in a lifetime peace. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 549 15
"I thought about a safe place and it sent me here." "But we can't be together, you know that." | - RotTMNT Leo x Reader - Mature content with some...
376 5 17
Donnie is Non-Binary. That would normally be fine, but a new side of their life is starting to get in the way of coming out. This "new side" is named...
6.1K 178 23
This will be a ROTTMNT Donnie x Fem reader. I do not own ROTTMNT or any of the characters other than the fem y/n character. Some scenes from the ROT...
15.4K 522 22
Hello Readers of Wattpad! My name is Milo, nice to meet ya! I decided to write a story! This is a Rise!Donatello × Male!Reader story! There are not...