MISSTEPS OF LOVE / Jikook Koo...

By ultim8JIMINatic

Jungkook stared deeply at Jimin's eyes, watched the tears flow from them, watching fervently how they run dow... More

1- Bewildered at First Sight
2 - Trouble The Day After
3- The Timely Opportunity
4- Hate at Second Sight
5- The Undeniable Infatuation
6- A Bullying Messed Up Day
7- The Uncertain Choice
8- Unexpected Call And Wishful Thinking
9- On The Road To (Un)Bliss?
10- Angel on Earth
11- A Clumsy Sweet Feeling (1)
12- A Blossoming And A Withering
13- A Sleepless, Clueless Rich Guy
14- The Men In Black
15- A Very Naked Friend
17- A Gift That Matches His Eyes
18- Cold Shoulders
19- Fighting Against Feelings 1
20- Fighting Against Feelings 2
21- A Friend's Heartbreak
22- Jealousy Brings Out The Worst
23- Another Unwanted Kiss
24- A Treasure In The Trash
24- The Wedding Announcement
25- Insincere Apology To A kind Guy
27- Valid Wedding Talks
28- Spying Revelation
29- The Hesitant Fiancé
29- Latenight Talks Between Lovesick Fools
31- The Runaway Groom
32- A Blushing Friend With A Secret
33- The Running Man
34- Confessions and A New Friend
35- The Streetsweeper Wannabe
36-Convo In The Car
37-A Moment In Slow Mo
38- Trying Out The Bridal Carry
39- Apologies, Drumbeats and Realization
40- An Angel On His Bed
41- Couples' Night At The Jeons
42- Friendly Talk, Sad Story, Warm Hand
43- How To Undo A Bad First Kiss- Part 1
44- How To Undo A Bad First Kiss-Part 2
45- The Kiss-blocker And Late Morning Tête-à-tête
46- The Charm Bracelet
47- A Visitor At Three AM
48- Memories And A Choice
49- A Jeon At The Parks
50- Fine Love In The Spring Air
51- A Sneaky Employee
52- The Prince In His Heart
53- Netflix And Chill
54- Silver Lining In The Dark Clouds
55- The Unexpected Extras
56- Vulnerable Certainties
57- A Day of Truth And Lies Pt.1
58- A Day Of Truth And Lies Pt2
59- Two Scheming Sisters And A Furious Hyung
60- An Extraordinary Embrace
61- FIRED!
62-Chasing The Runaway (Pt1- Road Stories)
63- Chasing The Runaway Pt2.
64- A Promise of Forever

30- Saying Sorry With Daisies

2K 170 23
By ultim8JIMINatic

The next day after that seemingly disastrous wedding announcement night for him, Jimin was in the attic of their house. He didn't have classes so he planned to escape into that room and just do what he loves, spend his time painting to take his mind off from Jungkook and the marriage. He is still very much in doubt of what he should do. But instead of thinking it over and weighing his options wisely, he does the impractical and escapes from it.

Painting relieves his stress and he does need to create some art work for his commissions plus he sells some of his art through an online marketplace that helps university art level students sell their works. His course isn't cheap as the materials they use would have to be of high quality so they are expensive. Selling his art through the help of a unique format online doesn't just help him with expenses but also it helps him to learn the business side of his chosen field. But his number one reason to isolate himself that day was to avoid thinking 'bout anything pertaining Jungkook and his marriage to him.

Early morning, upon waking up, Jimin have already seen missed calls from Jungkook. Then after an hour he received a couple of calls again from him. He didn't answer and soon there were even online messages from him but he decided to ignore and not read them.

So, he was engrossed with his painting when his phone on the table beside him rings again, he took a peek and upon seeing it was Jungkook, set it on silent mode. It kept ringing several times, seeming like the caller didn't want to give up but after so many attempts, the ringing stopped.

*********

The man on the other line is frowning in frustration. Jungkook has been calling Jimin since morning. Currently he is in his office, his hair already messy with all the ruffling he has done with his restless hands. His lips already red with all the biting he unconsciously does while pondering worriedly.

He has to think of something. There's no other option but to go to Jimin's house and talk to him personally.

He called Namjoon to ask for advice. He has never been this unsure and empty headed before.

"He is not answering my calls and my messages were unread. He is ignoring me, Hyung. I need to go see him. Do you think it's wise to go see him? Or maybe I should just give him time to mellow? Do you think I am being too pushy or pesky? He might become more annoyed, right? Maybe I shouldn't. Or I think I should. Maybe he haven't checked his phone and didn't know I was calling. Maybe it was set on silent mode again and he didn't notice because he is very busy so I just need to see him personally. " Jungkook babbled.

"Hey, Kook, calm down. Take a breather, will you? Do you know where he is? Isn't he in the university?' You can visit him at home later in the evening. Right now, just plan and prepare well on what to say to him. I am guessing he intentionally doesn't answer your calls because he doesn't like to talk to you," Namjoon said frankly. "But you need to be tenacious to show him your sincerity. Right now though just relax, stop pestering him with your calls and just go to his house later this evening after his class." The hyung advised.

"But he doesn't have classes. I just called Hoseok awhile ago. He said he is there in the house. Is that what you do with Jin?"

"Uhhm. No. I do the same as you do, calling him several times a day without success. So, I myself will do what I advised you to do as I had a first hand experience that calling on the phone doesn't work." Namjoon laughed mockingly at himself.

Jungkook sighed and sounded desperate. He bit his lower lip again while frowning. "I should probably just go there right now."

"This early? Why not just later after your work? Don't you have anything else to do?"

"Oh, yes I'll be having a meeting with important clients in an hour. Right, I almost forget but maybe after that. Do you think he would like flowers? It would be good to buy some flowers for him, right? It wouldn't be too cheesy?"

"I think it's the time to be cheesy and sweet. But it depends. Like Jin is allergic to certain flowers' pollens. But most would really love flowers and find it as a sweet gesture. Maybe add some sweets too, the sweeter the better. Good luck bro. Better practice your speech so you won't say anything stupid, alright. Fighting!"

When he hung up, Jungkook suddenly remembered their conversation during their dinner date. Jimin mentioned he like daisies. He mentioned it when they talked about his favorite movie something about a mail and a female lead saying daisies are the friendliest flowers. He smiled and became positively hopeful. Later on, he'll personally pass by a flower shop before going to see Jimin, Jungkook decided.

**********

Hobi opened the door to see Jungkook standing on their doorway, with flowers on hand and an uncertain, very nervous smile.

"Good afternoon Hobi. I-Is Jimin there?"

Hobi greeted him with a faint smile, gave him an scrutinizing look over from head to foot but answered him politely and let him into the house. "Wait here. I'll see if he is willing to see you. Take a seat. Make yourself comfortable but not too comfortable." Hobi mumbled while turning away to call Jimin.

Jungkook swallowed and adjusted his tie to loosen it a bit. He feels suffocated and very nervous. He is not oblivious to Hobi's slight indifference. 'So, most probably Jimin confided in him,' he contemplated. 'Why does he feel so vulnerable, right now and so damn scared? He feels like he is a despised villain.'

Jungkook waited for just a few minutes but it felt to him like a long, torturous wait. He started to sweat on his temples and nose. So he dried them off with a hanky. His hands getting cold and clammy, he wiped his free palm on his thigh.

Alas, Hobi came back but without Jimin and delivered a not so favorable news. "Jungkook, sorry but Jimin can't come out as he is very busy. He said he needed to finish his work as soon as possible and can't afford to be distracted right now. Perhaps you can come back tomorrow."

"Oh! O-Okay. I will just come back tomorrow then. I don't want to disturb him. But may I know what time will he be home tomorrow?"

"He've asked permission to go home late tomorrow as he would be having some projects done at a group mate's flat. He'll probably be home by past ten pm tomorrow."

'Ah, I see. W-Well, I'll go then.. But will you please give him these." He handed the bouquet of fresh white amd pink daisies to Hobi.

Hobi took them and bored his gaze at Jungkook. He very seriously spoke. "Jungkook, what are your real intentions with my brother? I have no idea what happened between you two last night at the party but I know that Jimin went home not as happy as he was at the start. He went to that occasion with high spirits and at the end I noticed how badly down his mood turned out. Whatever have you done to him, Jungkook, he doesn't tell me. But I assure you, you may be invulnerable because of your superior socio-economic level but I won't be scared to defend my brother against you. I will do anything in my power to prevent you from hurting him again and again! Now tell me, what is your intention? If you plan to just hurt him and play with his feelings because of this so called marriage imposed on you, then don't marry him. Just back off, have a backbone to tell your father 'No'. Jimin can have a life without you, he can make it through and I will help him. You are not the one and only last resort."

"Hobi, honestly I don't have any bad intentions. I want us, me and Jimin to be friends and for us to have an amiable and respectable relationship. Yes, at first I was antagonistic and I was rude but I.. I was wrong and believe me, I.. I like, I mean..I am not as opposed as I was before with our planned marriage. I want everything to go on smoothly and amicably. I want me and Jimin to get along, get to know each other well, and be...friends for a start." Jungkook replied repentantly.

"Then why? Why was my brother crying last night? And thinking of not going through with the wedding?"

Jungkook flinched at the sudden revelation. His back stilled rigidly. He felt a knot in his stomach running to his throat, constricting it and chest grew suddenly tight upon hearing what Hobi said unthinkingly. It is an unpleasant feeling.

Hobi realized he said more than what he intended, exposing a bit of his confidential discussion with Jimin, one that Jungkook should not have known. He pouted, cursing at his carelessness.

There was an awkward silence.

"I.. I made some mistakes. I didn't mean to hurt him. I'm sorry.. I.. I would be very grateful if you tell him that and I.. I sincerely apologize to you too. This.. this is very new to me, I mean t-this, our situation doesn't just happen everyday to people, you know that. It is unusual and I still don't know how to act on it and I know I keep hurting him, offending him in a lot of ways. I don't have an excuse but only that this feelings are new to me.. I- I mean this situation, you know. I will try my best to do better, Hobi. I promise." Jungkook solemnly and meekly said.

Hobi seemed to be accepting of the guys apologies that his unfriendly face toned down.

"Alright. It's not to me you should be apologizing, you know that. I'll just give this to Jiminah. You may come back tomorrow if the time's not very late for you."

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Jimin's just staring at the white and pink daises on his hand a long, thoughtful minutes. He was somewhat touched that Jungkook remembered their conversation, how he liked these friendly flowers. But he went over the trash bin in the corner and decided to throw them away. He would not be swayed. He resolves to protect his heart from breaking again.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 11.5K 34
★Completed★ ★Short Story★ ★Forced Marriage★ -Description- __________________________________ ❝Where Park Jimin is forced to marry to Jeon Jungkook.❞ ...
40.6K 4.6K 35
★Completed★ ★Short Chapters★ ★AU + ABO★ -Description- _______________ #Past life "You were playing with my feelings all this time?" Jungkook gritted...
39.6K 3.3K 25
"I don't like you" Jimin said while applying lotion on his body after taking a bath as Jungkook rolled his eyes, getting on the bed ready to sleep. "...
196K 11.4K 41
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Sign this contract, and we are married for next 1 y...