it all started in vegas

By sunshine_temptress27

She was lost, at 25 years old she felt stuck in life, depressed and trapped by the small borders of her home... More

Intro
Camille
The Piano Room
The lounge
Trouble
Blue eyes
Gentleman
Promises
Home
Welcome to Memphis
Pleasure and Pain
Graceland
Books and Records
The pier
Love me or Lose me
Queensland
'68
Misery
L.O.V.E
Woman
GQ
Jealousy
Savage
Back To You

All shook up

676 16 1
By sunshine_temptress27

"Well a-bless my soul, what's wrong with me?"

Hips a shaking, hair flipping around and all while he's trying to brush his teeth.

"My friends say i'm acting i'm actin' wild as a bug. I'm in love. I'm all shook up."

I was content leaning against the door frame of our bathroom just watching him act a fool when he spotted me watching and grabbed my hand pulling me to him.

"Mm..mm, mm-mm, yeah, yeah, yeah"

I couldn't help but laugh as i felt myself dip down in his arms, he spun me around the bathroom with a smile on his face as the music rang out through his phone.

"What's got you in such a good mood this morning?"

"I gotta surprise for you"

"oh yeah?"

He looks down to my eyes and nods his head pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Yeah. Go on and get ready"

I start to walk out of the bathroom but not before he can give my ass a little smack.

"Hey!"

His laughter rang out as i stepped into the closet to find something to wear.

He was giddy the whole way to set, i would look over to him while he was driving and he'd start laughing because of my suspicious looks.

"You are making me nervous"

"No need to be nervous"

"You say that yet every time i look at you, you laugh."

"Thats because your face is all inquisitive" His hand gestures over at me.

"Well if you'd tell me something about this so called surprise i'd be less inquisitive."

"It wouldn't be as fun then"

I huffed out a breath and laid back into the passenger seat as we drove the rest of the way to the studio.

Later on that day we were sat in Austin's trailer while he was on lunch break. He still hasn't said anything about this surprise thing and it's getting to the point where i think he was screwing with me.

His phone went off and he quickly answered, "Be right there"

He stood up from his chair and walked over to me grabbing my hand, "Time to go"

"Go where?" He was pulling on my arm like an inpatient child but the smile that was on his face was nothing short of pure excitement.

"I got someone i want you to meet."

As we walked into the studio i see Baz and Olivia facing away from us talking to someone but i can't make out who.

"Austin sweetheart!"

I could've died right then and there.

Pricilla Presley was walking toward Austin and me. I caught myself excessively blinking to make sure my eyes were working correctly.

"Ms. Pricilla, it's so good to see you again." She pulled him into a hug.

"Honey i told you Pricilla is just fine. Are you gonna introduce me to this lovely young lady on your arm?"

"This is my girlfriend Camille, Cami this is Pricilla."

I forgot how to speak.

Dear god Camille spit out words.

"Hi! It's an absolute pleasure to meet you."

I extended my hand to her but she outstretched both arms to pull me into a hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you! I've heard a lot about you from these three." She motioned to Austin, Baz and Olivia.

"All good things i hope"

"Of course. Well i'll come back around and find you guys later on i gotta chat with Baz."

Austin spoke up "We are all going to dinner tonight maybe you join us?"

"Oh that sounds lovely! I'll see you guys later on"

As she walked away i finally let out a breath.

"Well?" His smile even wider than before.

"I just met Pricilla freaking Presley"

He laughs slightly at my disbelief, "Yes you did."

"And she hugged me..."

"Yeah she's real friendly like that"

"We're having dinner tonight"

"Yep, all of us. Baz, Olivia, Tom, You, Me and Pricilla."

"Sweet jesus."

"Worth waiting all day?"

"I think i'm still asleep, pinch me so i can make sure this is all happening."

Sure enough he reached over and pinched the side of my arm.

"Ow! Damn i was joking."

I rubbed the sore spot on my arm as he laughed and pulled me so i was flush against him. I pushed up onto my toes to reach his lips and kissed him.

"Grams gonna die when i tell her about this."

"I gotta get back to set, why don't you go hang out in the trailer and give her a call. I won't be much longer then we can go home and get ready for dinner."

"Sounds like a plan." I moved to kiss him again "I love you"

"I love you more sweetheart"

I spent the next hour on the phone with Gram catching her up on the past couple days and telling her meeting Pricilla, when i told her we were having dinner tonight i was pretty sure she went into cardiac arrest but turns out she just got to excited and winded herself.

When Austin was done with shooting we went back to our apartment and got ready for dinner. I was going out with a woman i had idolized my whole life, her fashion sense, business choices and pure strength. Obviously i had to dress to impress, i pulled out a thin strapped gold dress with a slit up to my thigh and heels to match, i left my hair out and loosely curled around my face.

Finally i stepped out of the bathroom to find Austin sitting on the edge of the bed wearing a white shirt rolled up to his elbows and a pair of loose fit brown pants. I'm convinced the man could wear a garbage bag and look gorgeous.

His eyes moved from the floor to me and he blew out a breath, "Good lord darlin' "

I spun around to show him the full outfit and it wasn't ten seconds later i was pulled in-front of him with his hands rested on my hips.

"You look incredible."

"Right back at ya handsome."

His eyes scanned me up and down one more time before he stood from the bed, "Let's get out of here. You look to good not to show off."

——————

I'm sat at the table with Austin to my right and Pricilla to my left, we had ordered drinks and were waiting on our dinner just casually chatting. If you would've told me a year ago that i'd be sitting at a dinner table with Baz Luhrmann, Pricilla Presley and Tom Hanks i would've laughed in your face. I look around and see everyone engaged in conversation and i can't help but let my mind wander, ten months ago my Gram pushed me on to a plane for a trip to find myself out in the world and here i am with the love of my life in Australia having dinner with people i've looked up to my whole life. How did this happen? And why is it happening to me?

I get pulled from my thoughts when Pricilla taps my hand, "You okay honey?"

"Oh yes ma'am i'm okay just got lost in my head for a moment"

"That happens to me all the time. So tell me a little about you, Austin says you're a southern girl."

"Yeah my accent gives me away when i leave home, I'm from North Carolina."

"Oh i adore North Carolina! I seen some beautiful pictures of you when you visited Memphis a few months back, that boy is quite the talker when it comes to you."

"Oh there's no telling what he's said." I can't help the smile that crossed my lips.

"He doesn't have to say much for me to tell how much he loves you. I recognize that look in his eyes every time he looks at you."

My eyes drift to my right and see Austin talking with Baz and Tom, the way he looks when he laughs is one of my favorite things about him, the small wrinkles near his eyes become defined and his head falls back to his shoulders.

Her voice was small in my ear, "Its the same look you are giving him now. Take it from me honey, enjoy every second you can, be selfish with your time because you never know when it will end." Her hand came to mine and brushed it comfortingly.

I smiled at her before looking over to Austin once more and found him already looking at me. My hand found his and held it as tight as i could. I loved him more each time our eyes met, the hold he had on me was something i was once so unfamiliar with but now i couldn't imagine not having his hand to hold.

Through out dinner i found myself lost in conversation with Pricilla, we shared stories, she told me all about her passion for fashion and wanted to know all about me. She truly is an incredible woman and so unbelievably strong. The highest compliment i have ever received was when she told me i reminded her of a young version of her that my thoughts and ambition for the future were similar to hers.

When dinner was over we were all getting up to leave, i was walking with Olivia to the restroom when i seen Pricilla stop Austin at the table. They were deep in conversation for a few moments before they both looked up to me and smiled. I have no idea what was said but it kept a smile on Austin's face the rest of the night.

The car ride home was silent, a comforting silence broken up by the soft words of Frank Sinatra playing over the radio. Austin's hand held mine the whole way softly rubbing circles across the back of my hand.

That night i laid in bed unable to sleep. I was staring at the ceiling for what felt like hours. I was sure Austin was long gone but i felt him stir before moving to rest his head on my chest.

His voice was quiet and over taken by sleep "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

I brought my hand up to run through his hair, a gesture i found is sure to put him right to sleep especially in combination with laying on my chest. "What did Pricilla say when i went to the bathroom with Olivia?"

He let out a soft laugh before craning his neck up to look at me, "I'll tell you one day."

"Why not today?"

"Because it's not time yet."

"Time for what?"

He settled back into my chest, "Get some rest baby. I promise i'll tell you when it's time."

The way men fall asleep so quickly is a phenomenon that will forever be lost on me.

I couldn't bring myself to sleep, i was tired but every time i closed my eyes i thought of a reason to keep them open.

I looked down at Austin fast asleep, his head laid on my chest and his arms wrapped around my waist. I studied him, the way his lips perched together, how his eyes pulled together when he had a dream and how he would pull me closer to him if he felt me rolling away. I thought back to what Pricilla said to me earlier and realized just how short life is. I spent twenty five years of my life miserable and wanting more, now when i look down i see everything i could need. Strip away the money and the status, all i wanted was the man underneath.

Authors Note:
Hello you beautiful people ;)
I think the next chapter will be austin's pov but i don't know if you guys like those or not bc i have a hard time putting myself in a guys mindset which makes it difficult to write.
These two have my whole heart.
Please don't forget to Vote and Comment because i love reading them!

Lots of love, C :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 233 15
After Ciel's death, Elizabeth was depress and her family wanted her to be happy. Now Elizabeth was 18 and still was depress and her family wanted to...
119K 1.6K 35
short stories/imagines about austin butler (and some elvis) requests are open!
41K 770 17
(Completed) (Austin Butler x OC) Roman Todd is an extra and always has been. She's content with her role as the random girl in the crowd, even if som...
78.7K 686 88
I know Austin and Elvis are getting popular on here. So why not do some writing on them !! ( REQUEST ARE OPEN AGAIN!!!!) Rated #3 Austin enjoy !!