Dark Magic

By ReMiSh0410

*Draco Malfoy/OC Fanfiction October 31 1981. The day Voldemort was destroyed by the love a mother held for he... More

A Night of Death
Wool's
Diagon Alley
Magic
The Express Train
Hogwarts
Brother
Day 1
Day 1 - Part 2
The Chamber of Secrets
Snape
An Accident
Practise = Problems
Dumbledore's Office
Birthday Games
Out of Line
Parseltongue
Myrtle
Truth
The Diary
The Entrance
Home for Christmas
Severus
Damaged
Tom Riddle
Armageddon
Family Ties
Famous Last Words
Opening The Chamber
Ginny
Fighting the Basilisk
Dumbledore
Home
Summer
Family
Dinner Disaster
The Knight Bus
Changes in the Wind...
A Prisoner At Large
Lupin
An Old Friend
Catching Up...
The Grim
Professor Hagrid
Training Thoughts
Werewolf
Fear
Patronus
Cat's Eyes
The Whomping Willow Tree
Twelve Years
Castle Lockdown
Snape Teaching DADA
Gryffindor Vs Hufflepuff
Awake
Grim Defeat
The Marauder's Map
Hogsmeade
Buckbeak's Defence
Second Christmas Home
Ghost of Christmas Past
Real Ghosts
The Worst Memory
Flight
Blackouts
Especially Gifted
Family Ties
Buckbeak's Sentence and Peter Pettigrew
The Marauder's
Prophecies
Revelations
Innocent
Full Moon
Guilt
The Final Feast
Home Time
Unchangeable
Grimmauld Place
Friends and Monsters
Visiting...
Harry's 14th Birthday
A Hard Truth
The Dream
The Quidditch World Cup
The Aftermath
"Goodbye, for now."
The Potion's Master
A Rather Backwards Teaching Method
Unforgivable
The Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter.
Emerald's Task
Loneliness
Trust
Fire-Breather
The Golden Egg
A Dance...
Dates. Dates. Dates.
The Yule Ball
Torture
Quiet.
Update
Little Talks
Submerged
The Second Task
An Ominous Note
Death Would Be More Quiet...
A Deal with the Devil
Home Had Never Felt Colder
Nescience
Cruciamentum
Fleeting Moments of Happiness...
In An Ocean of Darkness.
Resolutions
The Prelude
Salvation
Memorial
A Small Bookshop
Expelled
"Breathe."
Insomnia
Assimilate
Acceptance
Dolores Umbridge.
Draco Bloody Malfoy
Deja Vu
A Less Lonely World
Truth, Lies and a Little Adventure...
Lost and Found
Detention

Tea

503 13 5
By ReMiSh0410

The day following Cedric Diggory's memorial was one of great sadness, the many students of Hogwarts saying goodbye to one another; uncertain what the following year would bring. However, the morning I was meant to depart with the other pupils, Dumbledore called me to his office for the purpose of an important matter to discuss. I dressed, said farewell to Draco, Harry, Ron and Hermione before making my way to the West Tower, alone.

To my slight surprise, Severus and Remus were sat at his desk, evidently anticipating my arrival. "What's this?" I asked, exchanging a short glance between the two. My Godfather turned to face me with tears in his eyes. What had happened, now?

"Please, take a seat, my dear." Dumbledore's soft voice beckoned me, but I remained fixed in my place, "Not until someone tells me what's going on. Remus?" I asked, my eyes meeting his amber ones as he shook his head, "Emerald...Please." The man's voice cracked, but I did as he said, sitting myself between him and Severus, who was avoiding even glancing in my direction.

Dumbledore appeared melancholy, "May we ask you to roll up your left sleeve, Emerald?"

I froze, eyeing him as my heart dropped into my stomach, the realisation occurring Severus had told him the truth. Defeat began to set in, my gaze averting to the cobbled floor beneath my feet, "If you need to ask, then you must already know."

Remus let out an exasperated breath beside me, and I found myself unable to look at him, "Why, Emerald? What could Voldemort possibly have promised you to agree to it?"

I scoffed, looking up to face him, "You really think she had much of a choice?" Severus' venomous tone suddenly came to my defence, taking me aback slightly. But my silence did not give his words much confidence. "Emerald?" I chewed my lip at Severus' pressing tone, turning to face him as our eyes finally met.

"Obviously, he said he would spare you and Harry. But, he promised me he would help train me to get my magic back. And answers; about things you were keeping from me and my childhood. Since everyone was keeping secrets from me all the time, I wanted to know more." I breathed, knowing it was a feeble defence. And a selfish one, at that. The three adults appeared saddened. No-disappointed. In me. And that was the worst feeling in the world next to grief.

The room was silent, each man not knowing what to say next. However, I knew Dumbledore would be the first to speak. To break my feeling of the walls slowly caving in on me.

"In light of the recent events, we have all agreed it would be best for you to no longer go home with Mr Lupin."

My head snapped up suddenly at the Headmaster's words. "I'm not staying at Hogwarts, again." I spoke adamantly, certain I could bring a tidal wave were they to confirm my suspicions. I refused to stay another year. Not in the school where Cedric Diggory died and I was, solely, responsible for his death.

Dumbledore shook his head, stroking his white beard, "No, my dear. It has been collectively decided that the safest place for you...Is with Professor Snape."

***

Spinner's End was a small village near the outskirts of Cokeworth, Severus' home one of the many hundred, identical, terraced houses. Mundane and entirely unexpected. However, according to Dumbledore, the safest place in the world for me, given Voldemort's return. I wasn't entire sure why.

We had apparated together from the school, the morning after all of the students had dispersed. It was too soon for my to have heard from any of my friends, but I worried most about how Harry was coping in his grief; especially back home with the Dursleys. But he knew where I was living, now, so at least he could owl me.

The porch led straight into a small living room; many a book strewn about and rather untidy. Which I was, too, unexpecting. His Potions classroom was always so organised at school. A jet of red light emitted from his wand, igniting the main fireplace and illuminating the room. With another wave of his wand, the home began to tidy itself, books placing themselves back on shelves and the dust lifting from the air. I would have been impressed, were the dark cloud of Cedric's passing not making me feel increasing guilt with each passing day. Somehow, it felt harder to get out of bed this morning than the day before...

"The kitchen is through the door to your right; feel free to help yourself to anything. Your room is up the stairs; first door on your left." Severus instructed, motioning towards the various rooms as I took a quick look around the room, gathering my bearings. A silence filled the room that, for the first time, felt slightly uncomfortable; neither of us quite sure what to say to each other. I just knew that I needed to be alone. To sleep and try not to dream about Cedric when I did so.

Sighing, I nodded in finality, turning towards the staircase and beginning to make my way up. "Do you want me to bring your things up for you?" He asked, to which I turned to face him, my gaze focusing on my trunk and backpack beside him. After a moment, they lifted into the air, to my slight astonishment; I hadn't been able to do that before. Two weeks ago, I would have been elated. Today, however, I felt nothing.

Severus' dark eyes looked at mine, worry filling them as my bags began floating towards me and up the stairs, "Emerald, the Ministry-"

I turned sharply, instantly cutting his protest short, "-The Ministry will think it was you. Or even if they didn't, I doubt they'd expel me from Hogwarts over a stupid levitation charm." They hadn't before, after all. The man's lips pursed, but he did not mutter another word, allowing me to find my room in peace. The house had three bedrooms; one of which was locked at the very end of the hallway and the other, I could only assume, belonged to Severus. I did not allow my curiosity to get the better of me, however, that day; avoiding the locked room and stepping into my own. A small room; barely big enough to fit a single bed, desk and small chest of drawers. However, it was just what I needed.

Though a constant cloud of smog leered over Spinner's End, the room still appeared too bright. I closed the curtains, lit a small lamp and laid amongst the covers, closing my eyes and praying my dreams were sweet...

***

Two days passed, during which time I hardly heard any sign of movement from downstairs, nor the other, unoccupied rooms. Severus would leave a tray of food outside my door, three times a day. But each meal was getting harder to finish, for each day I felt less like I deserved to be here. I knew I couldn't stay in my room forever. So, on the third morning, I forced myself out of bed and dressed, making my way down the cold, wooden stairs and into the kitchen.

Severus was reading the daily prophet with a steaming teacup in his free hand. He likely didn't hear me coming down the stairs, engrossed in whatever he was reading. I cleared my throat, startling him as he quickly folded the paper and placed it down on the table, his shocked eyes finding my own. "Emerald. Y-you're awake." He stammered, slightly taken aback.

I nodded, not wishing to make a big deal of my sudden appearance, motioning towards the black teapot on the table. "Is there any tea left?"

Severus nodded, quickly taking his wand and muttering a spell as a clean teacup floated to the empty chair. I took a seat, with a small smile in thanks that disappeared as quickly as it was noticed by him. The teapot levitated, pouring hot water into my cup as I reached for some milk. In doing so, however, my sleeve slipped, a small piece of the mark on my left wrist making itself known, which I quickly reached to cover before he could notice. My heard began to thud, my bones trembling at the prospect; this, of all things, was not something I wished to discuss today.

"I don't resent you for it. As a matter of fact, I understand why." Severus' voice was soft, understanding. Which only vexed me more. His hand, which held the cup moments before, reached across the small table and rested itself over my own; a comfort I, once again, felt was completely undeserved. "My dear, look at me."

I glanced slowly up from my cup, my eyes finding his that stared with such an intensity, I felt he was looking into my very soul, "You understand that he would have killed you, had you refused."

I shook my head, tears prickling my eyes and beginning to fog my vision, slightly. "I should have done the noble thing. I should have fought, like-" I paused, not knowing if I could even speak his name without breaking inside, "...-Like Ced-ric." I sobbed, averting my gaze to the floor as my damn broke, tears hitting the floor like bullets as my entire world finally came crashing down; the weight of my actions suffocating; drawing each breath from me until, eventually, there would be none of me left.

"You had no magic and no means of defending yourself. Cedric Diggory would have died regardless, whether or not he had those things; merely because he crossed the Dark Lord's path." I felt his hand lift my chin to face him, his free hand now wiping my tears. "Emerald, I know that I have done an unforgiveable thing to you and I cannot tell you how sorry I am. But, I promise you...I am going to make this right." His voice spoke with more hope and determination I had ever heard before, his eyes not parting from my own for but a syllable.

"I am going to fix this."

"How?" I asked, desperately hoping his words were true; that there was hope and brighter times ahead. That this upcoming war would, one day, end. Where Cedric's death hadn't been for nothing.

The man took a deep breath, as though deciphering what his next words would be, and whether he should speak them. But he did, and I knew there was no turning back, from that moment on.

"Emerald, have you ever heard of the Order of the Phoenix?"

*A/N

And that is the end of Goblet of fire...

I hope you all enjoyed it, sorry it took a little longer than anticipated. Had an awful case of the 'Writer's Block' and was away for work for a few days. Hopefully, I'll have more chapters up soon.

Any feedback, as always, is greatly appreciated and I look forward to sharing the next story with you all! :)

Keep reading, my lovely readers.

Rebecca xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...
1.1K 66 11
Lily realizes one thing the 31st October of 1981: Dumbledore can't protect them. She decides she can't get rid of Voldemort herself and needs her fri...
6.3K 417 23
Severus Snape Fanfic story. Professor Snape is the epitome of a strong and brave man who is willing to put himself in danger to save the child of the...
Home By stevie

Fanfiction

5.8K 227 36
"This is home." Draco said. "What?" "Wherever you are, i'm home." ____\\___ You and Draco find yourselves letting go of whatever child like innocen...