The Key To Her Heart

By Moondragonice

(TMF oc insert) Lilac is one of the most popular and richest girls at Rosemeadow High. She's pretty, and a fa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 25

397 5 13
By Moondragonice

The following week Lilac, Jake, and the music club spent time practicing for the competition. The jomies would invite themselves in from time to time to cheer them on and to provide feedback. After her performance in front of her fans Lilac had invited her siblings to the competition, at first they were hesitant about attending but Lilac managed to convince them.

Lilac walked out of the music room with Jake and Drew by her side, ever since the two started dating they had refused to leave each other's side, which meant the navy haired girl was usually seen with both her best friend and the magenta haired boy, "I can't believe the competition is almost here." Jake said who was holding Drew's hand.

The navy haired teen giggled, "our hard work is about to pay off."

Drew raised an eyebrow, "why aren't you playing your violin in the competition anymore?" He asked.

Lilac twirled her hair with her finger, "I guess I didn't feel up to it. I'll play it for everyone someday, but this time I just want to focus on my singing." She explained, Drew nodded in understanding .

Jake kissed Drew on the cheek, "I'm glad you're going to be there." He said with a smile.

The magenta haired boy smiled back, "wouldn't miss it for the world".

Lilac playfully rolled her eyes, "can't I go anywhere without you two flirting with each other?"

Jake and Drew turned red, "we don't flirt with each other all the time!" Drew protested.

Lilac moved her eyebrows up and down, "yeah sure, whatever you say."

Lilac was laying awake on her bed, she glanced at her calendar Band Competition was written in black sharpie for Friday. She was excited but also kind of nervous, mainly because her siblings had never heard her sing before. She wondered how they would react, would they see how passionate she really is about singing? Or would they ban her completely from ever singing a single note again? She sighed, well there's only one way to find out.

It was the day before the band competition, Lilac and her friends were at the mall shopping for their competition clothes, "everything is on me." Lilac said, pulling her credit card out of her pocket.

Drew shook his head, "no, I'll pay for everything." He argued.

An annoyed look crossed the navy haired teen's face, "I said I would first."

"Well, I was thinking about it first." Drew and Lilac stepped towards each other.

"That doesn't count!" The navy teen countered.

The two glared challengingly at each other before Hailey broke them apart, "how about you both help pay for it?" She suggested.

Lilac and Drew thought for a moment before they both nodded, "alright, fine." The navy haired girl said.

Jake sighed in relief after his best friend and boyfriend were done arguing.

"Lilac! Check out this one!" Holly came running towards her holding a purple dress. The navy haired singer looked the dress up and down, "you know it's not too shabby." She admitted.

She took the dress from her black haired friend, and headed towards one of the fitting rooms. When she finished putting it on she presented herself to her friends, "so, what do you think?" She asked.

"You look really good in purple." Hailey complemented, who was holding a black laced dress.

"Lilac looks good in anything." Liam added with a smirk.

The navy haired girl rolled her eyes before retreating back into the fitting room to put her normal clothes back on. She exited with the dress in her hand, "I think I'm going to buy this one." She announced to her friends, who nodded.

"You look gorgeous in that dress! Of course you should buy it!" Misty called from behind a clothing rack.

Lilac chuckled lightly before heading over to the shoes area. She picked out some light purple high heels to finish off her outfit, she payed for her clothes and met her friends by the entrance who had also picked out their outfits by now.

Misty grabbed her by the wrist and began dragging her, "let's go to the hair salon!" She suggested.

Lilac turned her head around to see her friends fixing her with confused glances, she shrugged her shoulder before the rest of the group started following her.

"What would you like today Miss?" A lady with her brown hair tied up in a bun and an apron around her waist asked while Lilac was sitting in the salon chair.

"Surprise me." The navy haired girl said.

"Alright, coming right up." The lady replied, grabbing a hair brush and a bottle of hairspray.

"Anddd done." The lady handed Lilac a mirror, "what do you think?" She asked.

Lilac smiled as she observed the style the lady had put her hair in, "I love it." She said.

The salon worker smiled, "I'm glad you like it dear."

The navy haired girl gave the lady a one hundred dollar tip, "keep the change." She told her.

The worker eyed her with a surprise, "Miss I can't accept this." She said, shaking her head.

"I insist." Lilac said, once again extending her hand to give the worker her tip.

The lady smiled before taking it, "that is very kind of you. Have a nice day." She said, putting the tip in her pocket.

Lilac waved goodbye before retreating to the entrance and strutted by her friends to show off her hairstyle. Holly and Misty were fan girling over the navy girl's new hairstyle, while Jake was smiling.

Lilac's competition outfit

Lilac, Jake, and the music club were backstage of Moonshine Entertainment. The moment they've waited for had finally arrived. Drew had given Jake a passionate kiss before he, Henry, and Liam retreaded back to the audience.

Jake was nervously fiddling with his fingers, "are you alright Jake?" Lilac asked, walking over to him.

The blond put on a nervous smile, "yeah, I'm fine, I'm just excited for the competition that's all." He laughed nervously.

His navy haired best friend wasn't convinced, "I know you're lying." She told him, crossing her arms.

Jake sighed, "I'm scared Lilac." He confessed.

His best friend raised an eyebrow, "scared of what?"

The peach blond bowed his head, "I'm scared of what people are going to think. What if they laugh at me? Or tell me I'm nothing but a freak? Or-"

He was cut off by Lilac putting a finger on his lips, "who cares what they think? If they don't see what a great person you are then that's their problem." She gave him an encouraging smile before taking her finger off of Jake's lips.

Jake giggled a little, "since when were you good at advice?"

She shrugged, "someone once told me, sometimes you just have to take the first step."

The two exchanged grins before the principle called them on stage, "I present to you all Rosemeadow High." He stepped off stage as Lilac and her friends walked on stage and her and Jake were handed microphones.

Her and Jake got in position as the music started to play. Lilac was waiting for the blond to start singing but he never did. She looked over to him to find him staring at the crowd in fear, his forehead creased with sweat. Lilac gently nudged him to get his attention, "do you want me to start?" She whispered. Jake nodded without saying a word.

Lilac turned to face the crowd, then lifted the microphone to her mouth.

Lilac=Italics Jake=bold and italic Both=italic and underlined

I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away
I want you back, I want you back

My neighbors think I'm crazy
But they don't understand
You're all I had, you're all I had

At night, when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself

Talking to the moon
Trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?
Oh-oh

I'm feeling like I'm famous, the talk of the town
They say I've gone mad
Yeah, I've gone mad
But they don't know what I know
'Cause when the sun goes down, someone's talking back
Yeah, they're talking back, oh

At night, when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself

Talking to the moon
Trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
Do you ever hear me calling?
Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah) oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

'Cause every night, I'm talking to the moon
Still trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?
Oh-oh

I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away

Almost immediately when the two stopped singing they were met with applause. Lilac looked over to Jake who was smiling, she let herself smile to as they both bowed. The principal appeared on stage and took Lilac and Jake's microphones before retreating backstage and returning, "it's time I now pronounce the winner." Lilac held her breath.

"The winner of this year's Band Competition is..." The principle took a piece of paper from his shirt pocket, "Rosemeadow High!" He announced.

The stage erupted with excited cheers and gasps as the music club celebrated their victory and handed them the trophy. Lilac and Jake hugged each other as they hopped around the stage, the chorus of cheers and applause feeling them to the brim with joy.

Almost everyone had left the theater by now. Lilac, Jake, the jomies and music club were hanging out next to the stage, "we won, we actually won!" Milly shouted.

"I didn't have any doubts." Lilac replied with a grin.

"Lilac!" The navy haired teen turned her head to face the direction of the voice.

To her dismay, she saw Ms. Flare and Mr. Timber walking towards her, the ladder was holding a piece of paper, "that was an outstanding performance." Ms. Flare complimented.

Jake and Drew walked to Lilac's side, fixing the two modeling agents with suspicious glares, "what are you two doing here?" The navy haired teen demanded.

Ms. Flare handed her the paper, the teen snatched it from her and examined it; Drew and Jake were reading it over her shoulder.

"It would make you even more famous if you sang while you are modeling." Mr. Timber said, "think of all the fame you'll earn if you did both. Of course it would mean you would have to train longer and a lot more often."

Ms. Flare smiled, "we'll be more famous than we already are, all you have to do is sign this contract and we'll take care of the rest."

Lilac scanned the contract up and down. They had done more things to hurt her than things that actually help her, they overworked her, treated her like a circus animal, never helped her when she needed it. After a few moments she tore the contract to shreds, causing Ms. Flare and Mr. Timber's eyes widened in disbelief.

"I'm sorry Ms. Flare and Mr. Timber, but I'm done working for you. I quit." She told them confidently, while her friends watched her proudly.

Ms. Flare's brows furrowed, "you can't just quit on us!" He spat.

Lilac crossed her arms and smirked, "well I just did."

Drew narrowed his eyes at the two modeling agents, "there isn't really a reason for you two to be here anymore."

Milly nodded, "you heard Lilac. Leave!" She commanded the two agents.

Mr. Timber furrowed his brows, "we're not leaving without our star client."

"Actually you are." Replied a gruff voice. Two muscular men appeared behind the two agents and pinned their hands behind their backs before they dragged them away, earning protests in response.

"Thanks for the help boys." Lilac said, to which the two security guards responded with a nod.
"Lilac Moonshine!" The navy teen spun around to see her siblings stomping towards her, they looked angry.

Lilac's face creased with fear, "did you see our performance?" She squeaked.

Orchid put a hand on her hip and scowled, "yes, we saw the whole thing."

Lilac bowed her head, I'm in trouble now...

"Orchid, Lilac never wanted to be a model she's always wanted to be singer." Jake explained.

"Silence!" Nora yelled.

"We can't believe you kept this a secret from us young lady!" Leo said.

"I know... I'm sorry." Lilac whimpered.

Her siblings exchanged scowls before they smiled, leaving Lilac's friends confused. The navy haired teen's siblings turned the gazes back to their little sister, "we wish you would've shown us you're true talent sooner, but we're proud of you nonetheless." Orchid said with a sincere smile.

"I know I-" Lilac's eyes widened as she realized what her older sister had said, "wait what?! Aren't you ashamed of me?" She asked, raising her head up.

Valeria shook her head, "why in the world would we be ashamed of you?" She asked, tilting her head.

Lilac sighed sadly, "because I betrayed our family name by wanting to be a singer." She admitted, twirling her hair nervously.

Valeria's eyes softened, "you aren't betraying us by being something that you've always had a passion for."

Lilac slowly met her sister's eyes, "what?" She said in disbelief.

Hunter sighed, "the truth is. We've been so focused on what we wanted, we didn't think about what you needed." He whispered guiltily.

Nora gestured to the jomies and music club who were smiling, "we saw how happy you are with them, and how happy you were singing on stage."

"We want you to know that we love and accept you for being yourself." Leo said with a smile.

Lilac now had tears in her eyes as she ran towards her siblings, pulling them into a group hug. They all joined in, pulling their sister close, "we love you Little Sis." Valeria said lovingly.

Lilac closer her eyes, "I love you guys to." She whispered.

"Ah, this is too cute!" Henry gushed, as tears rolled down his face.

Misty smiled, "agreed."

The Moonshine siblings separated, "what do you guys say about a celebration party at our mansion?" Nora asked warmly.

"Are you kidding? Yes!" Milly said, hopping up and down.

Everyone else agreed, "great! I'll send a message to you're parents and they'll come pick you up later." Nora chirped, turning around as the others followed her.

Lilac, Jake and their friends spent the rest of that night playing games, eating pizza, and watching movies; mainly anime since Henry wouldn't stop talking about it.

Lilac was sitting on the couch with a smirk while Jake and Drew exchanged I love you's. She was proud of them, they had finally realized their feelings for each other, and not to mention both her friend groups had made peace with one another and had made friends with each other. She looked around room to find some of her music club friends talking and laughing with the jomies, the sight of this brought her pure joy, something she hasn't felt in a long time.

Lilac and Jake were chatting by the fireplace while their two friend groups talked with each other, "hey Lilac?" Jake said.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Thank you." He said wholeheartedly.

Lilac smirked, "for getting you and Drew together?"

Jake blushed, "no! I mean for always being there for me when no one else was. You were there when no one else was, and I'm eternally grateful for that." He put his hand on her shoulder, smiling warmly.

Lilac's smirk turned into a genuine smile, "Well, if it wasn't for you I would have never let my true self shine or made friends with the jomies and music club. If it weren't for you I would've stayed in the dark, so I owe a lot to you as well." She confessed.

"You owe me ten dollars Henry!" Milly laughed.

"Hey that's not fair!" Henry pouted.

Lilac and Jake turned around to face their friends as their eyes glittered with joy. The navy teen let herself laugh, today, right here, right now, she was finally found, and that was the one thing she thought she would never feel.

Thank you all so much for reading this book! This isn't the last you've seen of Lilac as she will be appearing in me Tmf and Sonic crossover that I will be working on. Once again thank you all for the support!
-Icicle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.4K 1.6K 13
Roses are red Violets are blue You are my friend I'll never leave you :) -Sean Jake was kicked out of the club for things he said but never meant. Al...
3.2K 70 9
A week has passed since the music competition and school has finally become a much more welcoming environment for the music club. Although Hailey Aus...
5.1K 125 19
"have you ever loved someone so much your afraid to confess to them, not because it would hurt you to not be their friend, but because it would hurt...
11.3K 155 20
After the music club won 2nd place in the competition, everything started to change. The music club gained prominence and everything seemed to be fin...