Chance - Natasha Romanoff

By ChanKrea

"We met by chance; it was the greatest chance I have ever received in my life." Irmina König, a German that... More

Cast
Part one
I : Strange Encounters
II : New Beginnings
III : Friend & Acquaintance
IV : Family
VI : Somewhat Trouble
VII : Morning Ruined
VIII : Gone Wrong
VIIII : Safety Net
X : Bullseye
XI : Together
XII : Mayday
XIII : Dirty
XIV : Lieutenant General König
XV : Comfort
XVI : Drinks
XVII : Not So Secret
XVIII : Her Princess
XVIIII : Soon you'll get better
XX : Perfect
XXI : Eyes don't lie
XXI : Angels Like You
XXII : missin something
XXIII : Iron Man
XXIV : The Beach
XXV: Like Real People Do
XXVI : traitor
part two
XXVII : The Avengers [part one]
XXVIII : The Avengers [final part]
XXVIIII : constellations
XXX : Monster
XXXI : The Great Gig in the Sky
XXXII : Cynically Sweet
XXXIII : im yours
XXXIV : Home

V : Familiarity

1.3K 62 10
By ChanKrea

Monday, 15th June 2009 [part ii]

"We kept everything in the same place, ensuring they are in the best conditions." Aki voiced as Irmina smiled at the two sisters, wrapping her arms around them. They entered the room, and it brought Irmina some nostalgia. Everything about being back in Japan brought her nostalgia. Irmina let go of the sister and her Kyudo equipment that was neatly placed on the table with her bow. "We knew one day we would practice the martial art together again."

"Just like old times," Maki chimed, watching Irmina get a sense of deja vu when she looked at the Kyudo uniform that she used to wear so much with their aunt.

"Just like old times." Irmina sighed, slipping off her shirt. "Also, how are you going to get married?"

Maki faltered with her clothes and turned to see piercing blue eyes already staring at her. Irmina was already wearing her Hakama, smiling at her reaction. Aki whipped her head to Irmina, as surprised as her sister that she knew about their engagement.

"How did—"

"Got a Russian. Tell me," Irmina said with a smile, widening her arms once she saw a Maki running towards her.

"We're marrying in a year in the Netherlands. She's half dutch, and it is legal there."

"Ah, good, good. I'll come, for sure. If I'm not allowed, I will sneak across the globe to attend your wedding." Irmina declared, hugging Maki tighter before helping her with her Hakama, slowly sliding down her body.

"I'm sure you would," Aki chuckled as Irmina shrugged and winked at the eldest child. "Come on. I'm sure they're waiting for us. Hurry up."

"You know I hate to do what I was told."

"Too bad, King-sama. It would be best if you got used to it. You're with a new organisation now."

"Fair enough."

a/n - its from an anime called 'Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu'

The Bushida children and Irmina were in the highest ranks in Kyudo. Well, Irmina was not acknowledged since no one knew she was a student of Bushida. Not Akio Bushida, Akira Bushida, the one that took her in. But those who have seen her practising the martial arts knew how talented she was.

"If I miss, too bad. It's been a while."

"About sixteen years," Akira said, adjusting his Hakama. Irmina hit his hand and helped him instead.

"Well, a couple of years for me cause of the ice and all." Irmina corrected, watching the changes on their faces. Then, she just shrugged it off, ensuring that her bow was in its best condition before entering the dojo to do their ceremony. "God, I wouldn't have that beautiful Tsurune."

The five of them enter the dojo and bow to the adjudicators, stepping up to the back line known as the Honza (本坐) and then kneel in the form of sitting known as Kiza (跪坐). The archers then bow to the mato in unison, stand, take three steps forward to the shai (shooting line) and kneel again. The spectators were silent for the art as the five did in their ceremony in unison. They were mesmerised by how synchronised they were.

The five of them are going to perform a group shooting called Tachi. The first to shoot would be Makoto, followed by Akira, Aki, Maki and the last, of course, Irmina. They had always hit it in that order and always been that way. Irmina was the last to shoot because the four children had always trusted her with their shots if they had missed any, as Irmina counted them if she had missed shots. Their trust in one another was not just in the martial arts. They could trust one another for anything, knowing no matter what, they wouldn't betray one another.

Makoto stood up from his sitting position and performed the hassetsu, the eight shooting stages. Akira stood right after Makoto had his bow in his fist by his hip. Once the arrow was shot, letting out that beautiful sound, Makoto raised his bow and followed through with the shooting. Makoto returned to his kneeling position, putting another arrow on his bow, getting the next round of shooting. His sisters followed through the steps.

Each of the siblings received a cheer when their arrow met with the target, and only Makoto received a round of applause because he had a kaichu, meaning a bull's eye.

When it was Irmina's turn, everyone waited patiently, watching her move. They were elegant and smooth as she did each stage of shooting. She released her bow right when she wanted but didn't get that beautiful sound when the arrow was released.

After each shot hit the target, there was shouting of 'yes' in Japanese and only clapping when there was a bull's eye. Finally, they will shoot four rounds of arrows, which none have missed. Now the third round, Irmina is not satisfied with her performance, not when she had not achieved that beautiful sound she used to execute after each shot.

Irmina drew her bow, holding it longer than she used to. Takes a deep breath, shuts her eyes, and then refocuses on the target. She released the arrow, and finally, that beautiful sound could be heard. The four archers in front of her were shocked but excited to listen to it. They smiled and continued with their turns as Irmina returned to her kneeling position, smiling and proud of herself, before returning to her stoic nature.

On the spectator side, Akio and Kiyoko are on the verge of tears, seeing how Irmina is getting to see the light in her life once again.

The one sound had boosted the four archers in front of her.

They hit kaichu after kaichu as if it was the easiest thing in the world. After they finished their turn, they took a few steps backwards in an orderly fashion and sat in a row of chairs arranged for archers. Usually, in an actual tournament, the archers that were done are only allowed to only look at the targets in front of them, waiting to exit with their group. This time, the four archers watched Irmina perform every step to perfection.

Irmina drew her bow back, wind hitting every exposed skin of her body. Hair waving back and forth, taking her time. She drew the bow entirely, and her hand did not shake or struggle to hold the draw. Irmina was incredibly still, creating a beautiful and perfect draw. Anyone watching the art is completely enchanted with Irmina's movements. Irmina clenched her jaws, holding back her smile as she released her shot. Everyone was in awe, including herself, listening to the beautiful tsurune.

It was a fucking perfect kaichu.

Five kaichus in a row. Cheers and applause erupted in the dojo as Irmina continued with her movements and joined the four archers before standing up, bowing and exiting the hall. Irmina broke into a broad smile, proud of herself, as the four archers turned to look at her in awe.

"If I miss, my ass!"

"King-sama, that was beautiful!"

"How the hell did you do that?"

"That tsurune was angelic to listen."

Irmina grinned as she set down her bow, showered by the praises of the Bushidas. Irmina chuckled, listening as they continued to babble that they believed in her but not at the same time and were amazed at her performance. Finally, Irmina pulled them out of the hallway and to the living room, greeted high schoolers to university students and was showered by the praises of the elders. Irmina smiled, realising that the elders didn't know she was as old as them or even older as they treated her like a young one with the Bushidas.

~

"You got beer?" Irmina chimed as she sat down beside Aki, fidgeting with her Hakama. They didn't change out from the Kyudo uniform since the tournament had taken longer than usual.

"No." Akio bluntly stated as he took a sip of his tea.

"Aw, come on. I'm German," Irmina whined.

"Too bad." Akio shrugged, shoving a piece of beef into her mouth. His wife whacked him for the action and the lack of respect for his senior before nagging him about it, while Irmina had a satisfied grin plaster on her face. The S.H.I.E.L.D agents watched the Bushidas and Irmina interacting with one from the end of the table.

Irmina was completely different with them than with her close friends and family.

"So, how did you meet King-sama?" Aki asked in fluent English, thanks to Irmina's teachings. As impressive as a super soldier, she was a fantastic teacher. Irmina perked up and smiled at the agents, waiting for the answer. The three of them pondered how to phrase their meeting correctly, trying not to offend the super soldier. "Be truthful; we can handle King-sama."

"What?" Irmina scoffed at Aki, surprised at Aki's daring words in her presence. Aki covered her mouth to let the agents continue with their tellings as she ate a piece of chicken katsu. Again, Irmina scoffed at her parents, who held amused grins on their faces.

"I met her first during a mission." Natasha voiced accepted the sake from Maki. Maria was reminded clearly how Natasha met Irmina. "It was obviously not for the same reason."

"How do you mean?"

"I killed her asset." Irmina voiced, helping Natasha, who struggled to put it into words. Everyone looked at the German, shocked but wasn't surprised. "He was a jackass anyway."

"He was important," Maria informed as she felt her legs numb in her sitting position.

"That's why he was my mission," Irmina added as she sipped her tea; she couldn't be bothered with anything while Akio and Aki whacked her thighs. Then, finally, Irmina turned to look at the two back and forth in disbelief.

"You? Agent?" Aki asked, directing it towards Maria and Micheal.

"Hill, Maria Hill. I met her a few days back when we got her out of the ice."

"She almost knocked me out when that happened. I'm Micheal."

"At least I didn't kill you." Irmina shrugged, enjoying her food before Kiyoko threw a cup at her head, which she easily caught. Irmina's mouth went agape, but she was slightly impressed with Kiyoko's aim. "Damn."

"Yeah, better that than dead." Irmina shrugged and gestured to Micheal while looking at Kiyoko.

"I'm older than you." Irmina voiced and pointed at Kiyoko with the cup.

"So?" Kiyoko rebutted as her family watched her in awe, daring to start a fight with Irmina.

"And a very deadly super soldier."

"But I'm your family."

"Fair. Rude." Kiyoko gave her unamused look at Irmina. Irmina put the cup down before starting to play with it. Aki tapped her hand on her thigh, getting Irmina's attention. Aki jerked her head towards the alcohol, trying to get more, while Irmina grinned with that hint of mischief in her eyes. "No."

"King-sama!" Aki whined as Irmina chuckled, pushing the sake further from her reach. Akio decided to join in the torturing of his eldest child and took the sake, handing it to his wife. "Oto-sama!"

"You shouldn't be drinking much. You have work tomorrow." Kiyoko reminded as she poured more alcohol for Akari.

"But why can she drink?" Aki pointed at her sister, who was busy downing shot after shot. Maki looked at her, slightly offended, as if her sister had just outed her.

"Because I don't have work." Makichimed as she cheered her glass with her brothers.

"But you do!"

"My students are competing. That's all. Akira is dealing with the tournament, and Mako is competing, so no biggie. But you are a doctor and have like a 48-hour shift."

"Exactly why I should have alcohol."

"You have like four surgeries, so no." Akira rebutted. Aki threw her tablecloth at her siblings before standing up and excusing herself. Irmina laughed as she watched Aki whack her siblings in the head, leaving the dining room.

"I'm going to check on her," Irmina said as she took two glasses and sake from Kiyoko. "That's your daughter."

"That's your niece!" Akio shouted, which got Micheal's attention. Micheal perked up, clearly understanding every word. He got intrigued, and now his curiosity is peeked, wanting to know.

"Don't worry about her. She's not going to run." Akio voiced, watching the three agents that were contemplating whether to follow Irmina or not.

"If she did run—" Maki expressed.

"—she always comes back." Makoto declared, downing another cup of sake and his siblings cheered their cups with another, agreeing and consuming the alcohol in one swift motion before getting lectured by their parents.

~

"Hey." Aki said softly as she played with the sand beside the steps.

"Yo." Irmina smiled as she sat on the steps beside Aki, pouring some sake and handing a glass to Aki. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I recently saw my husband happy with another woman." Aki sighed as she sipped on her alcohol. Irmina frowned as she pulled the doctor in, side-hugging her. Irmina held her tight as Aki sobbed into her shoulder. Irmina was already thinking of ways to kill the man in the most painful ways. "Don't kill him. He's an amazing father to my children."

Irmina tutted as she held onto Aki's glass, slowing her down with her consumption. "It could be painless."

"Please, I wish you could give him the most painful death, but I don't want my children to grow up without a father." Aki chuckled, wiping her tears.

"Fine." Irmina chugged down her glass of sake before pouring another for herself. "You only get one glass and no more."

"No fair. I'm going through stuff."

"You're not the only one."

"How's life out of the ice?"

"Not that great, to be frank with you." Irmina sighed, looking up to the night sky. Aki frowned as she looked at Irmina's side profile, tears begging to flow out of the German's eyes. "I'm okay, but I don't like it."

"Why?"

"I have way too much control over everything. I'm afraid I will lose myself if I lose it again." Irmina said, stretching herself before propping her head on the knees as Aki had her head on Irmina's shoulder.

"That's enough depression for the night." Aki chuckled, playing with the glass in her hands. Irmina scoffed before breaking into a laugh, looking at Aki with her peripheral vision as best as she could.

"So, a very successful neurosurgeon. Not bad, especially when you're this young." Irmina praised, a smirk tugging on her lips.

"What can I say? I'm a Bushida." Aki grinned while Irmina scoffed, shaking her head.

"Whatever you say, niece." Irmina chuckled, sipping more sake while Aki took small sips, trying to savour every bit of alcohol she would get for the rest of the night. "Are you sure you don't want me to kill him?"

"Oh my god, yes, King-sama." Aki groaned into her shoulder.

~~~~~~~~

a/n

ill release the chapters on fridays [singapore timing]

 cant release on weekends too busy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556 40 37
I've lived every day for the past five years looking over my shoulder. I knew they'd come for me, it was inevitable. I was foolish to think I could o...
73.5K 1.9K 28
━━━━━━━SOUR━☂☄ ❱ ❝ bucky barnes daughter ᵕ̈ in which﹔ two heroes once knew each other and fell i...
14.4K 619 17
Steve Rogers thought he was one of the lucky ones but Natasha Romanoff, well, she thought that she was terribly misfortunate and she would love to ki...
2M 69.1K 120
''I thought people always remembered their first kiss.'' Katariina ''Katya'' Petrova grew up with Natalia Romanova in the same institute, trained to...