Stars of the Same Sky | A Hai...

serene_hearts द्वारा

"In reality, the stars are so distant from each other but when you see them from Earth, they are present in t... अधिक

Chapter-1 A Friend and a Foe
Chapter- 2 Found It!
Chapter-3 The Pork buns and new friends
Chapter-4 He is not my boyfriend!
Chapter-5 The Practice Match
Chapter-6 The Exhibition
Chapter 7 The Apology
Chapter-8 Ghost of the Gym
Chapter-9 Memories
Chapter 10 The Game of 21 dares
Chapter 11 Indirect Whispers
Chapter-12 Ignorance and bliss
Chapter-14 Letters and the Confusion
Chapter-15 Wining or losing!
Chapter-16 The advice
Chapter-17 Does he really?
Chapter-18 Fireworks night
Chapter- 19 Finally friends!
Chapter-20 The Unspoken Understanding

Chapter-13 Maybe!

20 2 0
serene_hearts द्वारा

You had that same dream twice since then, the one with roses and butterflies. Something was really odd about that dream.

Even though that dream is so beautiful but sometimes it generates an unknown scary feeling leaving you drenched in sweat when you wake up.

You have found that person whom you were looking for but still, you were restless.

There were so many things going on, all these feelings and thoughts were running inside you like a wildfire that was slowly consuming you.

Nowadays Oikawa was mostly on your mind. His damn smile just keeps replaying in your head making you all flustered. 

He is a nice guy. Despite his good looks which attract most of his school girls you have to agree he's got a nice personality.

At first, you didn't quite like his attitude but as time passed, when you got to know him, he turned out to be a different person.

It was still unclear what you felt for him. Was it love?

.

.

.

The classes went on normally today. After school, everyone left for their club for practice. Kageyama and Katsumi left for the volleyball club together.

Katsumi still didn't join any club so she always heads to the volleyball club after classes.

You and Kageyama were still not on good terms. Just normal hi- hello was also rare. When you wave to him to say hello he just ignores you and rolls his eyes.

Every single friend of yours was now in volleyball club except for Takeshi which actually made you feel like a left out.

You want to spend time with all of them but it was impossible due to their practice and you didn't want to be a hindrance.

Same case with Oikawa, but you both still hang out on his resting day.

While you were walking through the corridor, someone patted your shoulder, "Takeshi! Hi!"

"Hi!" he replied cheerfully.

"What happened to you?" you asked with suspicious eyes.

"I am always like this!" he said.

"Are you sure? Because whenever we meet you are either scolding me or ignoring me and today you are greeting me," you said.

"Do you want me to scold you right now?" he asked.

"Well, it's not that I did something but it's a NO," you remarked.

"Even though I want to compete with you in an official art competition and we are rivals it doesn't mean that I am gonna be rude to you all the time," he explained himself.

"Well, that's true...but I think there is more to this goody-goody behavior. Firstly, you are my partner in the art competition and you won't like to lose the competition because of our poor coordination. Secondly, you don't want to get an earful from Samiko-san!"

"Uhh...fine you got me, but genuinely I was in a happy mood today,"

"Then it's good."

.

.

.

You were still in your club, but you stepped outside to wash all the brushes since Takeshi won't do it.

"Y/nnnnnnnnnnn," you heard someone running towards you. It was Katsumi. She came and immediately hugged you. 

"What happened!? You are really happy?..." you asked.

But looking at her sparkling face you said, "Wait! WAIT! Don't tell me...You told him everything."

"What? Told who what?" she tilted her head.

"Ohh! Nevermind. What were you saying?"

"I...JOINED...THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM AS THEIR OFFICIAL MANAGER!!!"

"WHAT! REALLY!...Congrats...I am so happy for you!" you said. "Finally you are part of a club and that is to say Volleyball club. I am so so so happy for you! I can't even express."

"Thank you so much!" she said.

"So how's the practice?" you questioned.

"It's going on great. I am sure they will win the preliminaries."

"Of course, they will! Now that they've got two such cute managers and supporting mentors, they have to win."

She nodded.

"So, you are here on break?" you asked as you washed the brushes under the tap water.

"Yeah!" she said.

"Well, let's change the topic now! Let's talk about something serious!" she said. I have a bad feeling about this.

Katsumi put her arm around your neck and smirked, "So what's the deal between you and Takeshi? You both hang out a lot."

"It's called practice not hang out. He is my partner in the art competition. That's it."

"No, you don't! You don't tell me anything these days. I am your best friend you know that. I have the right to know everything." She sulked.

"I tell you everything....."

"Ohh really! Then what about Oikawa?" she cut you off.

"What about him? Well, he is...a friend" you said with a short pause.

"Such a long thought to say friend," Katsumi teased.

"I don't know okay? You keep asking about me what about you? You don't tell me anything."

"I am an open book to you."

You glared at her and then said, "What about Tsukishima then?"

"Huhh!" she said with a sudden hint of red on her face. "Where did Tsukishima come from? I don't know what you are talking about"

"Really!! You think I won't notice."

"It's not like that"

"Then what happened at the 21 Dares game?"

"Okay okay fine I give up...I-I..like him"

Your eyes widened, "You? Tsukishima? Eh? What?"

"How can this happen? He doesn't even talk..." you stopped because Hinata and Nishinoya-san interrupted you. They came to call Katsumi.

Before returning to your club you glared at Katsumi clearly saying 'We are gonna talk about this later.'

~Timeskip~

The dusk was falling rapidly and it was getting darker. Everybody left and before you also leave you decided to buy a drink from the vending machine.

As you bent down to take the drink from the machine you saw Kageyama coming out of the gym and locking it. You couldn't help but ask him, "What were you doing this late?"

He stoically said, "What do you think?"

"I don't know."

"Seriously! if I am coming out of the gym isn't it obvious I might be practicing."

"Right!!" you giggled. "You were practicing alone? Everyone left?"

He rolled his eyes and left you. "Hey wait!" you said as you ran up to him with your drink in one hand and the other holding the strap of your bag.

"Well, I asked you something?"

"I don't answer obvious things," he said in his usual serious tone.

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah yeah right!" 

You silently walked beside him, saying, "You should not practice this much. Rest is also important."

"Hmm...then what about you?" is all that he said.

"Me?"

"You were also practicing, right? The rest is also important for you. You don't even follow the things you say and expect me to follow it!"

"Hmm!" you said in the same voice as Kageyama and then giggled.

You have now observed Kageyama for a long time, since the first day. You thought you knew him but to be honest you weren't even 10% close.

He doesn't say anything that's on his mind. He likes to keep it to himself because he doesn't know anyone to whom he could disclose his thoughts

His silence and his speaking in fewer words, all have a meaning that you were slowly trying to understand.

You can't get close to him or become friends because he would only push you away. And you were well aware of it.

So, it was better if you are taking it slow because somehow you also know he won't want to be friends with you.

But guess what you were okay with it for now.

"Don't be so silent at least say something!" you started.

"What do you want me to talk about? It's not that I asked you to walk with me!" he said in annoyance.

You pouted, "So what! I know I decided to walk with you..."

"Nah! Nah! You...followed me...say things correctly!"

"Yeah yeah! But isn't it good, you got a company. You should be thanking me and here you are correcting me," you tried to explain yourself.

"I am telling you facts...and I don't want company, especially not yours."

You stopped in your tracks, finally giving up the argument. He didn't stop he just kept on walking.

You were frustrated by his attitude. You shouted his name, "KAGEYAMA!"

He turned around and looked at you. The light breeze swirled around and the streetlights started switching on indicating that the night has fallen.

You carefully chose your next words and asked him in a soft tone, "If we had met in some different circumstances, would you have treated me better?"

He stayed silent. He also knew the problem wasn't you, it was him. Some things frustrated him and compelled him to not even look at her.

You panicked because you thought he might be thinking something else, "I-I mean that would I have been your friend?... That's it!"

Kageyama didn't know how to answer that question. He doesn't want you to get close to him because he's afraid he might end up hurting you even though it is as a friend.

He thinks he has hurt everyone around him ever since middle school and now he doesn't want that to happen again. Especially not with you.

With a deep thought, he slowly murmured, "Maybe!"

To be continued...

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

21.8K 910 31
"I have everything but at the same time, I have nothing." Matsukawa Issei and his three friends have everything from the moment they were born. Mone...
4.1K 178 21
Suna x fem reader. "Holy shit! You're a chick?" In which Y/n had recently won her battle with cancer, but it left her body unrecognizable. When the p...
2.5K 103 10
"𝐖𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐖, 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘" ┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐ ...
18.7K 732 7
( 𝑯𝒂𝒊𝒌𝒚𝒖𝒖 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 ) .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。 "...𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐒." ➙ As the manager of the Inariz...