Trapping the billionaire✓

By xoxek_12

When Ashley wakes up next to the billionaire Tristan Montenegro, her life spirals into more than she could ha... More

Trapping the billionaire
Chapter 2: Get what you want no mater who gets hurt
Chapter 3: I think I saw my boss naked
Chapter 4: Unexpected visit
Chapter 5: Tell no one that this happened
Chapter 6: Walk of shame
Chapter 7: You sound familiar
Chapter 8: Diner with Madison
Chapter 9: I'm pregnant!
Chapter 10: How much will it cost?
Chapter 11: Where is a friend when you need one
Chapter 12: Emergency
Chapter 13: Bad Ideas
Chapter 14: New business arrangement
Chapter 15: Truth be told
Chapter 16: His way of paying me back
Chapter 17: There must be a mistake
Chapter 18: An offer you can't refuse
Chapter 19: Test results
Chapter 20: A decision to make
Chapter 21: How about dinner?
Chapter 22: A date with the boss
Chapter 23: The secret Cinderella
Chapter 24: Everything good happens with a hotdog
Chapter 25: Spilled the secret
Chapter 26: The break-in
Chapter 27: The announcement
Chapter 28: Someone in his league
Chapter 29: The other Montenegro
Chapter 30: Search for evidence
Chapter 31: Falling for the trap
Chapter 32: Mother in law
Chapter 33: Why would I be mad?
Chapter 34: Leonard's secret
Chapter 35: The universe must hate me!
Chapter 36: Her approval
Chapter 37: Trapped
Chapter 38: Full of visits
Chapter 39:What are you hiding?
Chapter 40: Just a little trip
Chapter 41: How about breakfast
Chapter 42: You could have died
Chapter 43: The new wife
Chapter 44: Family diner
Chapter 45: The truth can hurt
Chapter 46: Reaction
Chapter 47: Attempted murder
Chapter 48: A visit
Chapter 49: Confessions
Chapter 50: Surprises
Chapter 51: In Love and War
Chapter 52: Life must go on
Chapter 53: Who could have done it?
Chapter 54: Stanger danger
Chapter 55: A surprise visitor
Chapter 56: What the heck happened?
Chapter 57: You scared me
Chapter 58: A new chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 1: The spoiled princess

26.2K 822 71
By xoxek_12

Ashley's POV

"Bye Sam," I waved the manager goodbye.

He smiled as he watched me run out of the bakery in a hurry.

18:30, I checked my watch.

Which meant I had just half an hour before my shift at the hotel started. My shift ended a little later than usual today, we had a busy day with lots of orders coming in.

Today was my last day since I was only filling in for a friend, this meant I was back on the job market, I needed to look for another part-time job. Well, I needed to run before I lost my other job.

I held my hand out, stopping the bus that was just about to leave.

"Ashley," The driver smiled as I stepped into the bus, breathing heavily.

"Thanks, Brian," I answered.

Let's just say I was used to being late.

It was a twenty-minute drive to the hotel I worked, if I ran fast enough, I'd be able to make it on time. I counted every minute as I anxiously tapped my feet. Ever since I was hired, my manager has been looking for a reason to fire me, it doesn't help that I'm the last one to arrive.

I stepped out of the bus, only a block away from the hotel. You could see it from a mile away. It was the tallest building in the district.

I stared at the building as I usually do, with the big sigh reading 'New Ravens suites'. It was the best place to be if you were a guest and the worst if you worked there.

It's crazy how one person owns all of this. It's one of the top hotels in the city, with a five-star restaurant that's on the first floor. Guests get the best view of the city and even their own private jacuzzi among many things. Not to mention the priceless artwork in many of the rooms, the only way to get a room here is through connections. Staying here for just one-night costs a lot more than an arm and a leg.

I opened my bag pack, grabbing my uniform. My first stop was to the locker rooms, for me to change in record time.

"Shot," I whispered stepping out of the locker rooms.

Around this time, everyone was already in a meeting. Marcus, our manager liked to gather us around for a little 'word of encouragement' before we started our shift.

I slipped into the crowd unnoticed as Marcus began giving his speech.

"Maddison Riley," Marcus spoke above the crowd. "That is who you are going to be serving,"

There were whispers amongst the crowd as everyone looked at each other.

Maddison Riley was pretty much a celebrity, she was once in this famous commercial, and that's how she got everyone's attention. But mostly, her fame comes from her family's money, her parents own a really big construction company while she owned a famous boutique with top designer clothes.

I spotted my friend Ivy at the corner of the room.

"Hi," I whispered to Ivy standing next to her.

"If you were late by another minute, I'm pretty sure he was going to fire you." She whispered.

"He is always exaggerating," I answered.

We continued listening to Marcus.

"I don't need to remind any of you how important she is." He raised an eyebrow.

Marcus was a middle-aged man probably in his late thirties, most people say that he only got the job as the manager because his father was the previous manager who had to retire, but when he wasn't busy overworking us, he was good at his job. Mostly because he was trying to get promoted to another hotel branch downtown.

"You can all go now," He dismissed us.

He spotted Ivy and me, his usual victims. He pointed at the two of us signaling for us to wait.

We waited for everyone else to leave as Marcus approached us.

"I need the two of you to personally take care of Maddison. She is one of our biggest clients and if any of the rumors are true, God help us. She is going to be the future madam of this place so I wouldn't do anything stupid if I were you." Marcus warned.

"Sure boss, we'll do it gladly. Only because you asked us so nicely." Ivy spoke sarcastically.

"Now go, what are you still doing here," Marcus yelled clapping his hands together. He turned his attention to me then paused with a sigh. "If you were any smarter, you would be in a mansion with a rich husband," he rolled his eyes and then walked past me.

"I'm I supposed to take that as an insult?" I whispered to Ivy.

"Come on, he is just jealous that even the gay guys are turning their attention on you." She joked.

Ivy and I walked to Maddison's suite. People had already started bringing her things in. Her luggage was already set and packed by the maids who had worked the previous shift.

I always wondered what it felt like to have so much money, to never have to worry about paying bills.

I sighed getting a hold of the cleaning detergents. I couldn't daydream all day, I needed to get to work.

As always, Ivy decided to explore first before getting on with her work.

"Tristan Montenegro, sexiest bachelor in New York," Ivy spoke.

I turned my attention to Ivy who had her eyes fixed on a GQ magazine.

"Doesn't he look great," She turned the magazine cover towards me.

Sure, his title of 'sexiest bachelor in New York' was well deserved. He posed so effortlessly on the magazine cover, not even a smile on his face. The simple look he had with a navy tux was enough to drive any woman mad. The effect he had on me was enough to weaken my knees. I wonder how I would react him I saw him in person.

I needed to get out of my head.

"Yes, he is also our boss." I reminded her, tearing my gaze away from his picture.

I handed her the broom.

"You surely have a way of killing my mood," she answered.

She grabbed the broom and started sweeping through the living room. There wasn't much to do here anywhere, all the rooms were cleaned on a daily basis even when they weren't any guests in them.

Next, we had to clean up the bedroom.

Ivy picked up another magazine on the nightstand, it was yet again another magazine of Tristan. "How is it possible that a guy looks like that, yet no one has ever tried to have his baby," She spoke.

"Are you still on that?" I chuckled.

"I mean, look at him. He is practically a Greek god. If I were those other girls, I'd get pregnant and trap him immediately." She joked.

"We would have to become millionaires before he gives us a bit of his attention. He is hardly ever seen with a girl in the tabloids." I answered.

My fifteen-year-old sister Katy was obsessed with boy bands, every month she got the latest issue of her teen magazines, surprisingly I saw his pictures in one of them. The tabloids couldn't get enough of him.

"Maddison must have the right idea, everyone knows that's the only reason she is coming here, to try and seduce him." She continued.

"Maybe she just wants to get the experience of New Ravens suites" I answered faking a French accent, I don't even know why I did it.

"Come on, we've all seen women like her. Her parents own a mansion just a few blocks from here. She might have her own money but it's the power she craves. We know that she is only after his money. She is just looking for a place where she can target him." Ivy answered.

"That's even if he shows up here," I spoke. "You've said it yourself; you've worked here in the last two years, yet you have never seen him step a foot here."

I've only worked here for the last three months, but I've heard that he is always busy travelling and never shows up in person here. I just know that he has his own private suite on the top floor, I've never been there, only the maids with the highest clearance can occasionally go in there to keep the place clean.

"Anyways, the guy is a jerk. He won't let his employees take any time off. We work throughout Christmas and if I hadn't faked an injury, I would have missed my grandmother's funeral." she spoke.

"I think that's a little bit of Marcus' doing," I answered.

"That's true, Marcus is a total ass. He is just bitter that he is alone, so he projects it on everyone." She answered.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was becoming a habit for me to look around before answering my phone. They didn't want us using our phones here since we hosted some celebrities.

I looked at the caller ID to see Waylen's name.

We ended our relationship a week ago. Since then, he hasn't stopped calling me. I was tired of him showing up at the restaurant, luckily, I won't be working there anymore. He didn't dare show up at my house because he knew my mom would beat him up. She doesn't even know I started dating.

After everything, I thought he would stop calling me. He lied to me throughout the entire course of our relationship, even about simple things. I asked him where he was, he said he was at home when I saw him in a bookstore. Eventually, I got tired of it among many things.

I ignored his call.

'Please, I need to see you so we can talk,' he texted.

I switched my phone off in anger, stashing it in my pocket.

"What happened to you," Ivy asked.

"It's Waylen," I sighed.

"You never told me why the two of you broke up," Ivy spoke.

"Things just weren't working out. He was a liar, and we just didn't have any chemistry and now he won't stop texting me." I answered.

"You could have stayed with him; the guy was always around you like a little puppy. You broke his heart." She answered.

"It would have been worse if I continued leading him on. He was already planning on children and buying a house." I answered.

"Do you know how many women would kill for a guy like that," she raised her brow.

"Come on, you know what I mean. I just wasn't ready for that kind of commitment; I couldn't picture myself with him in the future." I answered.

"I don't blame you; the guy was a bit of a creep anyways," she answered.

There was a soft knock on the door.

I left the room to answer the door.

A middle-aged woman with her hair tied in a neat bum stood at the door, she smiled at me holding a parcel in her hands. It looked like dresses, all of them in their coverings.

"I'm here to drop off these dresses for Ms Maddison," She smiled.

"You can give them to me," I answered.

She smiled handing me the dresses.

I watched her leave before closing the door.

I returned to the bedroom, placing the dresses on the bed.

Ivy looked at me wondering what it was. The shimmer in her eyes told me this would bring nothing but trouble.

Before I could protest, she was already opening the zipper. "It's Christian Dior," Ivy exclaimed running her fingers across one of the dresses.

"Put that down," I demanded reading her mind.

I've seen this side of Ivy before, the last time she let her curiosity get the best of her, we nearly got kicked out of the bar.

"Come on, a dress like that? It's just begging to be worn." She spoke.

My words were unheard. She was already removing the black sparking beauty from its cover, attempting to put it on. I'd kill for a dress like that.

"This isn't Maid in Manhattan. You will get us caught, we will never be able to work another job in New York or anywhere else." I tried to reason with her.

"Come on, you could be on the lookout." She begged.

Before I could protest, she was already running to the closet with the dress.

This was a bad idea for so many reasons.

I sighed as I continued with the rest of the work, Maddison would probably arrive soon which meant we had to finish up the job.

Ivy returned from the closet a few minutes later.

"How do I look," she asked leaning into the doorway.

"Wow," I managed to say.

It was a floor-length dress with both an open leg and a sharp neckline, it left most of her back exposed. It fitted Ivy perfectly, highlighting all her features.

"Wouldn't it be great to be rich?" Ivy spoke. "I just looked at the price tag, it costs enough for me to buy myself a decent car." She commented.

"It's a shame she is probably only ever going to wear it once," I answered. "You should take the dress off before you get us into any trouble."

"You are right," She answered.

She reached her hand behind her back, searching for the zip.

"The zipper won't open," Ivy exclaimed.

I looked at her in a panic.

As luck would have it, we heard the doorknob turn.

Maddison was here!

"Hide," I whispered to Ivy, throwing the covering of the dress at her.

Hopefully, Ivy would be able to take the dress off before Maddison noticed it was gone.

The door flew open as Maddison stepped into the room. There was no mistaking her, I recognized her from all the tabloids.

Two other women accompanied her.

Ivy ran into the bathroom before they saw her.

"The weather in Mulan was terrible," Maddison spoke walking into the suite.

"Did you see Layla's Instagram post? That girl couldn't recognize good taste if it punched her in the face," A girl spoke.

"Susan sweetheart, that is just what happens when poor people marry into rich families, that's why we just don't mix," Maddison spoke.

Maddison glared at me as she finally noticed my presence.

"What are you still doing here?" She spoke.

"I was still cleaning up ma'am," I answered.

She threw her bag and her coat onto the floor before throwing herself onto the couch.

"Why don't you do your job and put my coat away." She pointed at me.

I took her bag and her coat, placing them in the cupboard.

"Madelyn, get me that tabloid." she pointed.

I'm guessing the other girl was her assistant.

She handed Maddison the tabloid.

"Tristan Montenegro, I'm going to marry him," Maddison spoke.

"You shouldn't be so confident," The friend, Susan spoke sitting next to her.

"If you looked like me, I'd also be confident. You should stop hanging around that stupid driver of yours, you are becoming dumber." Maddison paused. "Besides, I know for a fact that his parents a having a surprise birthday party for him. I'm going to ask my dad to get me an invitation. Once he sees me, he won't be able to resist."

Ivy was right, Maddison was really after his money. She was only looking for a way to target him. Who would have known that rich girls could be gold diggers?

"Why are you so obsessed with him, haven't you already tried calling him about a hundred times?" Susan spoke.

"You clearly haven't looked at his pictures long enough. He is an RPH, Rich, Powerful and Handsome. Plus, my dad and I already agree that it would be good for business. He is probably just busy." Maddison spoke.

At first glance, you would think that she is smart enough to know when a guy is ignoring her.

My thoughts returned to Ivy, I needed to help her out. I'd have to find the perfect opportunity to leave without anyone noticing.

Susan sighed leaning into the couch. "Wouldn't it be great to marry the love of your life? Someone who you can grow old with and who will love you no matter what." Susan spoke.

"Don't be stupid, love is an illusion created for poor people to feel like they are doing something with their lives," Maddison answered. "Besides, falling in love with him won't be that hard," she spoke staring at the tabloid of his picture once again.

She dropped the tabloid onto the floor.

"If I'm going to be the future Mrs Tristan Montenego I need to look gorgeous. He has to notice me." Maddison spoke.

"It's Montenegro," Her friend corrected her.

Maddison rolled her eyes.

There was, my chance to leave the room and help out Ivy. I could do it now while she was distracted.

"You, blue eyes," Maddison shouted.

I stopped in my tracks. I turned behind me to see who she could be talking to.

"Is there anyone else here, I need you to come here?" She pointed at me.

"Where are my dresses?" She asked.

The dresses, now we were really screwed. How were we going to get out of this one?

"In your bedroom ma'am." I stuttered.

She rolled her eyes again. She surely had a habit of doing that. My mom used to say to me that if you roll your eyes, they will stay that way, which is why I never did.

She stormed off walking to the bedroom. Both Susan and Madelyn followed behind her.

I needed to follow her, that way I'd be able to cover up with some lie once she notices the dress was gone.

Maybe she wouldn't even notice it wasn't there.

I waited outside the door as I pretend to dust off some furniture.

Maddison laid out all the dresses on the bed as she thought of which dress to wear.

"Didn't I ask to have five of these delivered?" Maddison spoke.

Her assistant looked at her dumbfounded.

What was I going to do? I could claim it was never delivered but that might get someone else fired. I needed to think of a way to get out of this one alive.

"I think you are better off wearing the blue one ma'am," I spoke.

"Excuse me," Maddison spoke turning her attention towards me.

Both her assistant and her friend looked at me with their brow raised. This was probably the moment I got fired for speaking out of turn.

"I mean, a woman like you, the blue one perfectly highlights your curves. It shows your elegance, that you are different and not like the other girls. It says 'irresistible', you need to make him imagine what he could have. You will be the envy of them all." I spoke staring at the dress. "Besides, black is last year's season," I added.

She eyed me before turning her attention to look at her figure in the mirror. "I supposed you are right," She spoke tucking her hair behind her ear.

I had just fed her ego.

"Maybe she should take your job," Maddison spoke to her assistant.

I sighed, that was a close one. I hope Ivy can take the dress off before either one of us gets into trouble.

As luck would have it, Ivy walked out of the bathroom.

Everyone turned their attention to her as they looked at the dress in her hand. I hope she came up with a good lie to cover this mess.

"Where were you the whole time?" Maddison asked.

"I was just cleaning up your bathroom ma'am." She answered anxiously.

"What were you doing with that?" Maddison demanded.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I was just looking for some closet space to put it," Ivy answered.

The closet was on the way to the bathroom, she just couldn't get out without anyone in the bedroom noticing.

Maddison dismissed her, taking the dress from her hand.

"Do you need anything else, ma'am?" I asked.

"No, you can go." She shooed us away.

I nodded before speed walking out of the suite.

Ivy followed behind me, running on her short legs.

"Don't ever do that to me again, you know my heart can't take it," I whispered to her.

"Trust me, I leant my lesson." She answered.

My shift ended nearly five a.m. By the time my shift had ended, my feet were arching, I could barely stand without feeling like I was walking on hot lava. I slept through the short break I had but right now I could barely keep my eyes open.

But as of next week, things might be better, I was switching to the day shift.

I kicked my shoes off as I entered the house with my eyes half closed.

Mom and Katy must be preparing to leave the house now.

I slowly closed our front door; it made a loud sound as it always does.

"Hi honey," I heard my mom's voice in the living room.

I followed her voice.

She was laying on the couch. Usually, she was up and going, trying to get Katy ready for school.

"Morning mom," I kissed her cheek. "Aren't you preparing to get to work today?" I asked.

Mom worked at a local shoe factory. She has worked for them for the last ten years; I've consistently told her to find a new job, but it is especially tricky at her age.

She sighed.

"Yesterday on my way to work, someone pushed me on the subway, and I sprained my ankle badly." She paused. I could see the tears whelming up in her eyes. "The manager fired me; they said I couldn't work anymore. And because of my age, it didn't make things better either." She sobbed.

"It's okay mom, it's going to be okay." I pulled her in a hug.

"How? You are already working so hard. You are supposed to be studying and following your dreams like all your other agemates, instead, I'm just a burden to you." She cried.

I hugged her tighter. "You could never be a burden to me," I answered.

Katy joined in on our hug as the three of us stay like that for a while.

"I'm so sorry I can't give you two the life that you deserve," she whispered.

"You couldn't have done better," I answered.

Mom was the first to break away from the hug. "Katy, you need to get to school. I know you are only joining in so you can avoid going to school." Mom spoke.

I chuckled.

"Come on, you know I Studied the whole year's work during my summer break. I already know everything they are teaching; school is a waste of my time." She answered.

Katy was our little genius; she was always reading books way ahead of her age.

Mom glared at her; mom didn't have to say anything else for Katy to know how serious mom was.

"I'm going to go and lay down for a bit," I spoke.

"I had some food prepared for you in the oven," Mom spoke.

"I'll just eat when I wake up," I rubbed my eyes.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom.

"Katy, you need to prepare for school. The bus will be here any moment!" I heard mom yell downstairs.

That was my family.

I sighed leaning my back against the wall. I don't know how we were going to get by this month, we were already a month behind on our rent. We are lucky that the landlord was nice enough to understand.

I placed the last bit of my savings that I got from my tips at the restaurant into a jar, three-hundred and fifty dollars I counted. If things kept progressing this way, maybe I wouldn't be in debt by the time I'm forty. I'd have to find another part-time job for us to get by.

I was going to make this work, I had to.

___________________________
A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Please let me know your impression of the story, I promise it's about to get better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...
122K 3.5K 37
Synopsis Mia finds out that her boss, Mateo Dela Cruz is sterile and could no longer have an heir to his multi-billion dollar company. He was very de...
Isabella By Amber

General Fiction

14.2M 432K 34
When Ashley found out that she was pregnant with twins, she couldn't wait to share the good news with her husband. But when he got home later that ni...