𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱 || 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢�...

By forcemeanakin

Anakin Skywalker x female reader. ENEMIES TO LOVERS <3 Slow-burn! The Empire has taken over. Emperor Qui-G... More

◈𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭◈
◈𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞◈
◈𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞◈ 𝐕𝐨𝐥. 𝟐
◈𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱'𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐞𝐫◈
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐀𝐠𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐢𝐬... 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐇𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝, 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐝𝐢 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐢-𝐆𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐧'𝐬.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤. 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐛.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐀 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞.●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭. ●
◈𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫◈
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕: 𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭.●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐈𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬.●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐳𝐨𝐧𝐞.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐖𝐞'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐝𝐢.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗: 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲.●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎.𝟏: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎.𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒: 𝐀 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕: 𝐈𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞.●
◈𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. ◈
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗: 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎: 𝟕𝐩𝐦.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞... 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮.●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐: 𝐍𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞.●
𝐂𝐡𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑: 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒:𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮- 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔: 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞. 𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬. ●
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖: 𝐍𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ●

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑: 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠.

3.2K 79 268
By forcemeanakin

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Mentions of past trauma and heartbreak. Hate. Medium fluff.

And oh yes, so much Obi-Wan content!

A/N:  This one is dedicated to missskywalker_   !!! Thank you for being so supportive! So happy to see you here every time I post a chapter!!! <3

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/N's POV

Step after step, the path to the terrace on the rooftop shortened.

Qui-Gon and Anakin left a week ago at dawn and no one besides the trope that was coming along noticed when they left. My hope to see Anakin one last time before he had to go was demolished by my heavy sleep, not allowing me to hear him get off the mattress and exit through the door.

So I started my morning as I would usually do before my daily routine was significantly modified by Anakin's presence. I did not feel like going out and being by myself in the training room would only make me feel more nostalgic, so exercising would have to be improvised today.

I hated the way he had somehow inmiscuated himself in every aspect of my life to the point I caught myself heavily missing him. In the most unexpected way, he had become a vital element and I didn't realize the importance of his role in my day.

Nosy ass.

He would always hit the snooze button before I could hear the alarm, and instead, wake me up by squeezing me in his arms. Needless to say, my soul almost left my body when it went off today.

I also missed his chocolate mustaches whenever we would drink hot cocoa in the morning, sitting on the edge of my balcony.

And I couldn't believe it, but I missed him tumbling around my bathroom as I did my skincare routine, trying to shave at the same time I was using the sink.

So running up the stairs to the secret garden seemed to help me get Anakin off my mind.

Well, kinda, I was still talking about him.

When I reached the top of the building, out of air and dying, I thought it would be isolated; perfect for me to find a bench and have a nap in the fresh air of the city. Or I would just stare at the buildings and the speeders, which was as equally relaxing as plan number one.

Was it really a surprise to find Obi-Wan there?

Actually, yes. It was rare to see him out of his room these days and not masking in the darkest corners of the semi-palace.

—Not today, Phoenix. —He said when he sensed me behind him.

—Obi-Wan Kenobi, you can't keep hiding forever. —I exhaled, fanning my face with my hand.

—I'm not hiding. I just want to be alone. —He murmured with a string of a voice and his arms behind his back, his cloak moving to the flow of the wind.

—You have been alone long enough. You can't keep shutting us out, Obi. —My body moved closer to him, my hand reaching out to touch his shoulder. —Talk to me.

His head moved in my direction, finally letting me see his red and wet face hidden behind the brown fabric.

This was not my Obi-Wan. This was not the cheery and wonderful man I've come to love. This was the mere shadow of him, a beaten-up version.

—Oh, Obi... —My eyes filled up with tears as a reflex. My hands pulled him by his shoulders for him to hug me. —Obi, please, come back to us. —A tear fell down my cheek, falling in his cloak. I cried quietly, his robes muffling some of my words. — Talk to me. I may not understand completely, but I'm here for you. Do you listen to me? I'm here for you. —My words came out like vomit but I needed him to listen to me while I had the chance.

Obi-Wan embraced me back and tightened his arms around me, like anchoring himself to me, relying on me to hold him.

—That's more than enough, darling. —He whispered with a broken voice before his whole body started to shake in cries.

—That's it. Let it out. —I rubbed his back in comfort. —Shh... it's okay...

After a while of having him in my arms, he found the strength to stop crying and breathe in.

—I don't know what's happening to me... I don't recognize myself when I look in the mirror... —Obi-Wan mumbled, looking down at the floor.

I rubbed his shoulders, providing him with warmth.

—Did you know that was the first time I saw her since the day we broke up? —He said with a low voice, almost unhearable. —The first time we ever see each other after everything... and she sees me as a monster. —His face shook in impotence.

—You're not a monster. —My affirmation was strong. — That man had it coming, you hear me? You did the right thing. Wasn't he a hypocrite? A representation of the Jedi double standard? —I reminded him, gripping his arm.

—Yes, he was... But...

— But what? —I crossed my arms as I watched him lean his back on the edge of the balcony.

—It's not that easy, y/n. —He sighed tiredly. —You didn't know who I was before the Empire. —Somehow I felt that he was struggling to find that forgotten image too.

—I know the basics, you and Anakin were kind of the predilect heroes of the Order or whatever. —I rolled my eyes, acting like it was an exaggeration. It was successful in making him laugh though.

—They always called us in when the Republic absolutely needed to win. —He beamed with melancholy. —I was a great Jedi. I'm not the one to brag about myself... but I was a pretty good damn Jedi. —He nodded as he looked to the sky. —I followed the Code, helped with selflessness, my colleagues trusted me and my leadership skills were constantly sought. I did my job like no one could. —He grinned proudly. —I was Obi-Wan Kenobi, for fuck's sake.

—You sure are, old man. — I squeaked with a high-pitched voice and he chuckled.

—I liked my life. It was alright. —He shrugged his shoulders. — I found peace in the Jedi structure, in its rules and traditions. I knew I would always have Qui-Gon and Anakin, but I also could count on the other members. The Order was like a family, we were the closest thing to siblings that we would have, so I appreciated them as such. —He moved his feet impatiently, the movement a distraction so he could finish his story.

I sat on the ledge as well, putting a leg on top of it to hug it and the other one swinging on the nothingness.

Obi-Wan stopped avoiding my gaze and met my eyes.—So can you imagine how much I loved her to leave all of that behind?

— She must've been one special woman. —I tilted my head shyly, not sure what to respond.

—She was. —He nodded with a pause. — She is. Quite extraordinary and unique. —He pulled the little hairs from his beard.

—But she doesn't get you, Obi-Wan. If she can't accept who you really are, that's not love.

As much as I liked to be a dreamer and pretend that love was some kind of magical spell, it didn't take much effort for me to understand that it could be quite the contrary and turn into a complete nightmare.

And a heart was too fragile to be given away to chance.

There was this fury inside of me growing, hating how that woman managed to completely flip Obi-Wan's life in a couple of seconds. After all those years, she comes back and shames him for the person he is? For the person he chose to be to survive the pain?

—Do you think this is who I am, Phoenix? —He groaned and stepped forward, beginning to walk. —Do you think that this life was what I had planned? That this is what I truly desire? — He dryly laughed before turning around. —Do you think this person- —Obi-Wan removed his cloak to reveal his Sith robes. — it's who I am?... And if the answer is yes, how did I end up here? —His tone rose as he walked to me, yelling the last sentence to the skyline view. —How did I end up in this shit hole situation? —He screamed louder. — How did I end up killing my friends? —Tears rolled down his face again, more frantically this time.

My hand reached out to him when I saw him getting worse.

—Obi-

—No, darling, I don't need to be comforted- I just need to scream. —And he shouted from the top of my lungs. —Fuck!

I decided to back off and remain on stand-by in case he needed me. He carried on screaming and throwing kicks to the air, steaming off.

—I was fine! —He yelled. —I was fine until she walked in. —He said in lower decibels. —Why did she have to come? —He asked without a breath. —Do you know what she said to me that night?

—No...

—She pleaded with me to show her the Ben she once loved. —His voice cracked. — Doesn't she realize this is all that is left? —He grabbed his robe and clutched the clothes in between his fingers angrily. —What she left. —He closed his eyes while his mouth flinched and his voice cracked. —I wasn't enough then, I'm not enough now...

— Obi-Wan, that's not true. You're more than enough for us. We all love you. —I grabbed his cold hand, holding it between my palms. —Screw all of that shame and guilt. Screw her! —I shook him by the shoulders. — You chose your family, your real family. I'm sure that Ki-Adi-Mundi wouldn't have hesitated to kill any of us, and so do the other Jedi. —I poked his chest. —Every action you have made until now was to protect your family and there's no shame in that; only honor. —I truly believed that. — Not everyone does that. —Tears burned in the back of my eyes, remembering that my own flesh and blood were never as loyal as my found family.

— Is there honor in our path, Phoenix? —He furrowed his eyebrows. 

—The dark side of the Force is not as superficial as being merely "evil". That's an oversimplification —I scrunched my face in disapproval. —It's about defying limits, being non-conformative, pushing yourself... It's about freedom and passion. —My eyes glowed yellow. The only thing I ever learned from my lousy grandfather was to glorify and understand the dark side. —And if we are villains because of that... then so be it.

What did waiting and being passive ever do to the Jedi? It only led them to their vanishing.

—A mistake people usually make is that they think you stumble into the dark side. That one is seduced by its claws. —I turned around and looked at the city, the sunset was at its peak, the sun descending and bringing darkness with its hiding. —The dark side is a choice. —I half-smiled, remembering Palpatine's words. —You must remember what brought you here in the first place, Obi-Wan, and hold on to that. —I gazed at him and he was calmer, very silent as he looked at the city view like me. 

Like a cloud hovering before it poured rain, Obi-Wan's face got obscured, his factions getting denser and tougher as he clenched his jaw. Any trail of the uncertainty that once wavered was erased by a strong determination taking over. The last few tears dropped from his eyelashes, sprinkling his boots. He sucked in a large breath and a shallow smile hung from his lips.

—You're right. —He finally muttered. — Satine's not the only one holding on to a memory. —He spat through gritted teeth.

When Obi-Wan faced me, there was something that surprised me.

—She came back to ruin my life again. She came to make me feel like shit over again, to bring me to my knees. —He made a long pause.— Well, not anymore.—He laughed dryly.

Never in the few months I had of knowing him have I seen his eyes sparkling like that; so yellow and rageful. So... evil.

Moments passed of us, staring at the skyline, delighting in the darkness upon us.

—Thanks, darling. —He bowed his head. —For listening and helping. I thoroughly needed to wake up and you're the only one I can go to... I-I can't afford to disappoint any more people... —He bit his lip and crossed his arms.

—You don't disappoint me, Obi. You're still the man I consider family and I'm here for you every step of the way. —I gave him a side hug and put my head on his shoulder, thankful that we hadn't totally lost him, his sweet part remaining to our eyes only. —And you know he won't think differently of you if you tell him... —He knew who I was talking about.

—I don't want him to see me fail, Y/n. Please don't tell Anakin about my doubts... If there was someone he could always count on was me. I would like for that to remain untouched. —He squeezed my shoulder and put his chin on top of my head. —I have enough with Qui-Gon pushing me aside.

My ears perked.

—Does he know?

—He yelled at me the day after the Imperial Convention. —Obi-Wan exhaled a long sigh. —He has never done that before.

My body hardened, my pulse beating on my eardrums. Terrified of the answer, I asked.

—What did he say?

—He reprimanded me for being so weak and made it very clear that he expected more from his right-hand man. —The words struggled to leave his mouth. —That's why I think he orchestrated these obnoxious missions, to remind me of my position here. — His laughs were not as contagious as always.

Call me selfish, call me self-centered, but the only thing on my mind was:

If Satine was someone from the outside group... How the hell was Qui-Gon going to react if he found out about Anakin and me?

I gulped notoriously. Oh, fuck, not again. Not another panic attack.

And just like if he was hearing us, Anakin sent me a text.

Before falling asleep, he had installed a messaging system in both our commlinks, given that calls were very dangerous. We wouldn't message each other repeatedly, mainly because he was out on the battlefield, but I would be lying if I said goosebumps didn't erupt in me every time I heard the little ding.

That simple notification washed over me like a wave of calmness, canceling any signs of anxiety.

"Came home from battle and my first thought was getting a hot chocolate. You're rubbing on me, sweetheart. -A."

My heart fluttered like it had life on its own and I hid the commlink before Obi-Wan could see.

— And what advice do you have for yourself, darling? —He raised his eyebrow, diverting from the previous topic.

—Ummm... It's not forbidden as long as we don't get caught? —I grimaced.

Obi-Wan cackled.

—Logical, but not very wise. Where did your ancient insight go? —He looked down at me.

—I'm sorry, Palpatine never taught me anything about this type of situation! — Mess was a better word.

Me having someone? Me having the chance to form some type of lasting and trustful bond with someone? He would come back to life just to laugh in my face and yell at me about how delusional I was.

—He would rarely stop talking about politics, but oh- mention some type of human interaction and there! You lost him. —I huffed.

I didn't enjoy talking about Palpatine. Every anecdote, every story, every detail - would humanize him, something he didn't deserve. That's the reason why I didn't even address him by his name. He earned to be remembered like a fucking plague.

— Oh yeah, I hated to go to meetings with him as the Council representative. He talked for most of it and his breath stank like a dead loth cat. —That made me cackled.

—I don't know how Qui-Gon ever got along with him. They're so different. —My eyes followed a speeder that was traveling way faster than it should. A smirk grew on my face: Anakin drove like that.

—Me neither. In all my years of knowing him, Qui-Gon was never a man of words or politics; he is a man of action. If he dies young, it will be because of those long and bureaucratic Imperial meetings, I swear. —Obi-Wan rolled his eyes.

—I would have loved to know you guys sooner. To get to know Qui-Gon when he was younger. —I tilted my head and gazed at the floor. —To see you as a padawan. —I nudged his shoulder. 

—Well, Qui-Gon once told the Council to fuck off for throwing a charity gala... —We saw the day turn into the night on the rooftop as he told me stories. I loved hearing Obi-Wan tell them, it made me feel connected to them in some distant way.

Obi-Wan spilled tale after tale to my joy. It only seemed fair for me to reciprocate the trust and share with him some of my own stories, the ones that weren't so pathetic or pitiful; ones that didn't make me feel so bare. Obi-Wan thanked me for opening up to him and said that he felt honored to know some of my past -which was minimal- but still it was more that I have ever shared with anyone.

I tried to deny that part of me, isolate it and ignore it until it wasn't real.

Just like with Anakin.

Talking about him, another text arrived. It was a response to my earlier message; we had been talking all the time I was here.

"Let me know if you need help with another droid translation. It can get tricky. But from what I can see, R2 hasn't called you any names so far. -A."

I chuckled and dropped the phone, deciding that I would answer later.

—Have you ever shared this type of story with Anakin? —Obi-Wan grabbed his chin curiously.

— What? No, of course not. —I frowned and shook my head, fighting the hilarious thought. The morning we talked about my past was more than enough.

Right?

—Why the question? —I stared at the bearded man.

—Just asking. —He shrugged his shoulders. —I just know Anakin would like to see this side of you. —He gave me a side-smile. — Anakin tends to bottle his emotions until they eat him alive, because he thinks no one would get him. —Obi-Wan stared at the stars and huffed. —It would be nice for both of you to talk and share those spaces.

—C'mon, Obi-Wan. You know we can't do that. —I furrowed my brows, looking at him like he was crazy.

—You can have a date but not be real with each other? —Before I could debate anything, he spoke again. —And I know about the date, Anakin doesn't "casually" ask me about shirts. —He snorted.

—Well, no. —I finally admitted, answering his question.

—Why? —He held himself with his palms on the ledge and rested his head on his shoulder.

—Because. —I nodded firmly.

—Okay, but why? —He insisted.

—Because! —I got more irritated.

—Why? —He stared at me intensely. —And don't shut me out, Y/n. — Very funny, twat.

—Because it can get too real! —I yelled. — And I don't like that! The less he knows, the less he can hurt me! —I barfed the words with a light sweat. —Also, we are not anything! It was a few months ago that we were absolute enemies!

—Oh Force! You're not still hanging on to that, are you? —He scoffed and stumbled upwards, thanks to his laugh burst. — You may annoy each other, but you're wayyy past that stage, darling. —He crossed his arms.

—Of course not! — I opened my mouth. — We can always come back to that.

—Yeah, yeah... Just keep lying to yourself like Andie Anderson.

—Like who? —My face dropped.

—Andie Anderson. —He frowned deeply. — "How to lose a guy in ten days?"

—Huh?

—You haven't seen "How to lose a guy in ten days?" ?! — His yell was heard all the way to Hoth.

—Why do you keep saying that like I know what it means? — I yelled back with open palms and widened eyes.

— Scratch everything we are supposed to do. We are having a movie marathon right now! —He picked up my wrist and pulled me as he rushed down the stairs.

Who would say fresh pajamas, a delicious ice cream bowl, and a supposedly classic romantic comedy would be a healing evening?

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Obi-Wan and I left for Jabiim the next day, all tired from binge watching the movie he recommended. Against all odas, I actually enjoyed and may have picked up one of two lessons from it. I fell asleep most of the trip, leaving Obi-Wan to deal with piloting the ship; something he absolutely despised.

Six hours later, we set our tents in the depths of the woods and we lit a bonfire to cook dinner. The next day we were marching down to the heart of the planet so we could attack the "secret" rebel base. It was one of the best equipped bases, so us winning was essential.

Sleeping outside a comfy bedroom was something my body had to re-learned, but I didn't mind. I felt like old me; the one before I joined the Empire as an official member. Back to the times where it was just me and the 399th girls, but now we were camping with clones too and they made it harder to adjust, but funnier too.

Unlike the 501st, the clones of the 212th didn't have a crush on me, so they actually treated me like an equal. They even let me in their game night ritual and did not behave in a condescending way.

It was awesome!

They showed how to play Blackjack (it was quite simple really). The true challenge was discovering who was bluffing and who wasn't; Commander Cody was a master of it. We played all night long and when they saw me excited enough, they showed me how to play poker.

—Okay okay, let's teach the kid how to gamble like a champ. —Obi-Wan grinned and signaled Commander Cody to deal.

—Oh, it's so on, old man. —I chuckled, receiving the cards.

100 credits and one less earring later, I decided to call it quits.

—A true leader knows when to surrender... and my time has come. —I sighed, dropping the cards, to which Obi-Wan cackled and pulled the leftover credits off my side.

—Thank you very much, I will spend this wisely. —He smiled, putting the money in his pocket.  —Let's go guys, time to get some sleep. And everyone pray that tomorrow's defeat it's the only one little miss Phoenix will experience on this trip. For all of our sakes. —He looked around with his arms open, the laughs of the clones showering him.

Like usual, I just put up my middle finger.

—Good job, General.

—Nice first game!

—You are going to get better, you'll see.

Those were the type of comments I would receive as the clones retrieve to their sleeping sites, palming me on the shoulder as motivation. Obi-Wan walked over to me and put his arm around my shoulder, guiding me to the tent.

—Don't worry, I'll teach you. —He squeezed me in a side hug.

— Wow, how humble of you. — I giggled at my sarcastic comment.

—I've earned the right to be egocentric, only Qui-Gon has been able to beat me. —He pointed seriously at me. — And it was because Anakin distracted me and I couldn't see Qui-Gon's tell. —He rolled his eyes.

—He has a tell? —We stopped in front of my place.

—Yes, you didn't hear it from me, but he puts his hair behind his ears. —Obi-Wan winked and put his finger on his lips, asking me to not say anything.

—Is Anakin any good? —I asked.

—Oh, Force, no, he sucks. —Obi-Wan chuckled. —Not as much as you though.

—Kenobi! —I punched him on his arm. — Fuck you. —I frowned but when I saw the little wrinkles on the side of his eyes, I couldn't help but snort too.

—Go to sleep, darling. Tomorrow is a new day. —He nudged me to the tent after kissing my forehead good night. — Maybe I can teach you some new techniques before leaving tomorrow.

—Great! — I nodded, foreseeing that I was going to become addicted to the game.

—Oh, Anakin told me to give you... this? —And he handed me a very heavy and wooly blanket from his luggage. —What is this...? Should I be touching it? —Obi-Wan grimaced.

—Mmm, I don't know.— I reached for it. —I've never seen it, so you're safe. —I shot him with a finger gun.

—Thank the Maker... —He mumbled, leaving the carpet.

I put on my warm pajama pants and a long-sleeved shirt, then crawled under my sleeping bag and put the enormous blanket over me. It felt like it was a body squashing me, but it did an amazing job at keeping me toasty.

Pulling it over my head, I hid underneath, the warmness inside making me move in slow motion. My hand grabbed my commlink from outside of my cocoon.

"I think a 'thank you' is in order. "

"For not letting me freeze to death. -P"

Time didn't go so long before a text bubble appeared.

"Always happy to help a damsel in distress. -A"

I rolled my eyes and he sent another one.

"But is kind of a bump out that is not me, the one bringing you comfort. ".

I thoroughly consider my answer... and finally landed at:

"You are :) "

A few minutes and I panicked to the point I rethinked about deleting the message.

"A smiley face? I'll take my win for today..."

"Good night, Ani. "

I smiled coyly.

"Good night, gorgeous."

Next thing I knew, a dark cloud enveloped me and almost instantaneously, I fell asleep.

Dreaming of a pair of intense blue eyes.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

—Phoenix, let's go! The rebels are moving. —Obi-Wan shook me aggressively.

—Fuck off! —I growled and turned to keep sleeping.

—We're leaving in 10, darling. C'mon get up.

In world-record time, I got to the meeting point where Obi-Wan and the rest of the 212th were waiting for me. We marched right down to the base, staying behind to analyze the perimeter.

—So, I go in, right? Try to blend in? —I nodded calmly as I looked through the binoculars.

—Yes.

—Remind me again why am I the one going in? I've never seen the man in person.—I huffed, giving him back the googles.

—Because the second I walk in, everyone will recognize me. —Obi-Wan glared at me with yellow eyes.

Damn, okay.

—Fine. —I sighed tiredly. —But what tells you they are not going to spot me?

—They won't, the Shadow. —He winked at me and pushed me to start walking.

—This feels like a plan crafted by Anakin. —I raised my eyebrow.

—It is. —Obi-Wan nodded. —But it worked back then.

Covering my head with the hood of my cloak, I managed to camouflage myself with the rebels. My gag reflex worked overtime not to throw up whenever one of them would brush past me.

I infiltrated inside, hiding in my lame costume. My suit was still underneath the layers of the horrific clothes though. I walked close to the wall, evading any wandering eyes that would fixate on me.

Because of the plans we have retrieved, I knew exactly where the headquarters of the base would be. And if there was one place where Mace Windu would be, it was there.

—Miss? —A voice called from behind me. —This is a restricted area, you can't be here.

—Oh, I'm so sorry. —I softened my voice. —I'm lost! —I spoke, still not turning around.

—I will need you to turn around so we can recon your face. — Dank farrik.

—I'm so sorry, truly. —I put down my hood and gave the officer the best wide-doe eyes I could as I bit my bottom lip.

—Oh... —He giggled, scratching his head nervously. — Don't worry, ma'am. I'm sure it's a mistake.

—Thanks for understanding. —I carefully stroked his arm and he blushed. —Will the recon not be necessary anymore? —A string of hair was placed behind my ear and I immediately shook with goosebumps; not because I liked it, but because my body remembered how Anakin used to do that for me.

Gently and secretly wanting to break his fingers, I swat the officer's hand away from me.

—Oh, no, not at all. I would remember such a beautiful face. —I rolled my eyes internally at the cheesy and overused comment. —It's just a precaution. The fucking Imps have been taking down all of our bases. —He clenched his fist in anger.

—That's terrible! What would they be looking for? — My high pitched voice could have easily sent me to the hospital.

—Probably our other Jedi leader. —He shrugged his shoulders and leaned in to me. —But that's kind of pointless because the man is untraceable. We are not taking any chances this time. —He whispered on the side, laughing at his own comment.

—Right, right... but isn't he here? —I tried my best to not sound desperate.

"Phoenix, are you there? Did you get in?" Obi-Wan talked through my earpiece.

— No! Didn't you hear? He was transferred to-

Hey!— Another voice shouted from behind us. —What are you doing, Fritz?

—I was paroling the headquarters. —"Fritz" answered.

—And who's that?

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

—This is... —Fritz frowned. — Doll, what is your name? —He crossed his arms.

—Umm...

—Ma'am, turn around at this exact moment. — Slowly, I did as he ordered. Not a second had passed since he saw my face when he screamed. —The Shadow! Did you fucking let the Shadow in, you big moron?

Pathetically, the unknown man pulled his blaster to shoot me, but I used the Force first and called it in before he had the chance. My hand went to choke Fritz, but the worm had moved to activate the emergency alarm. Seconds later, the whole base was being evacuated.

—Obi-Wan? —I called him through the earpiece. —Send the bombers over.

"Yes! I noticed darling! I'm coming in."

I chased the two men over the big aisle, them fighting to take a shot at me but being deviated by my saber at every weak attempt.

I ran to the exit, slashing heads, opening wounds and cutting limbs of every rebel scum I found. I was so close to swinging my right lightsaber at a man when I noticed that it was Obi-Wan.

—Hey! Nice to see you. — I stopped my motions. — Guess what? Windu's not here. —I exclamed sarcastically.

The chaos of people evacuating, plus the noises of our TIE-fighters outside made us scream to each other.

—How are you so sure? —Obi-Wan tilted his head, to then turn around and, with one movement, decapitate two rebels. He clenched his jaw and his fists as his anger grew.

—I interrogated one of the officers and he said that Windu was transferred. —I sighed. —Next time we are going with one of my plans!

—Fucking hell! —Obi-Wan spat, pushing three rebels against the wall over and over again until their bones were crushed. He kicked one of the bodies and brushed back his hair with desperation. — We need to find him, fuck!

—What's next? Blow this thing up? —I force-choked a rebel who was trying to get out with a speeder and then dropped the speeder in a lineup of guards shooting at us.

—I'll give the order. —Obi-Wan nodded and right when a young rebel was running his way, Obi-Wan turned around and impaled him. A tear rode down their eyes before the sad body fell to the floor. —You should come outside, it's a butcher show out there. —Obi-Wan gave me a crooked smile with yellow glowing eyes.

—Who are you?—I laughed with widened eyes, amazed at the new battle-personality of Obi-Wan. He would enjoy being in the action, but did not engage anymore than necessary. — What happened to being civilized?

—I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi.  —He whispered before cackling mischievously with empty and sparkling eyes, rushing back to battle.

That look in his eyes was odd, like he was possessed by something.

I stayed by the gigantic door frame, looking from afar how Obi-Wan would mercilessly finish up every single person that would cross his path. Using the force, welding his sword or simply taking their lives with his hand, Obi-Wan Kenobi was confirming every single stereotype people had of Sith Lords.

There was no kindness in that man.

Only pain and suffering.

In his actions.

In his heart.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

A/N:  Thanks to the people that rooted for me to dig further into Phoenix and Obi-Wan's friendship! I truly love writing Obi-Wan's scenes and to see interest in this friendship is everythingggg

What do you think Obi-Wan's fate is going to be in this story?

spoiler: sorry to disappoint people, but Phoenix x Obi-Wan is off the table for me :( they are like siblings to me!

Maybe in an alternate universe????

Tomorrow I'm leaving for NYC! So next week's chapter is going to be uploaded on the weekend :)

Hope you find something to be grateful for every day! I know I'm thankful for all you <3

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 742 37
A Vader Dark Romance The end of the Clone Wars didn't come with a cease fire and peace treaty. It came all at once, with a dream and the disappearanc...
125K 2.8K 48
You are a 21 year old girl, and a well-known and respected jedi among the republic. You loved your life, and the opportunity you had to help people a...
189K 5.5K 36
Clone Wars: Skywalker and Kenobi are leaving a muddy planet after a long mission. Kenobi can't wait to get back to Coruscant because his former Padaw...
419K 4.7K 24
My first Anakin Skywalker Imagines book! This is a collection of one-shots and short stories that will be separated into different parts. -Smut -Fluf...