π’πˆπ‹π„ππ“ 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 πŽπ…...

By STARLITGGUK

Being the most beautiful omega and healer in a pack has its virtues and drawbacks. Scorned by omegas due to t... More

- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -

- 9 -

2.3K 219 51
By STARLITGGUK

+×+×+

A/N: this chapter has not been beta proof read

+×+×+

Jungkook is staring at the white clouds, mindlessly as he's laying in the meadow. One hand supports his head, while his other hand strokes through the green-brown grass beside his body and plucks at blades of grass. A pleasant breeze brushes his face and for once he feels carefree. There is silence, no one to talk to him and he has no obligations to follow.

Today he can just relax and listen to the sounds of nature. Jungkook feels as if the wind has put an arm around him and moves around him protectively. He feels weightless, despite the fact that he is lying in a large meadow and listening to the rustling of the red-coloured leaves as they fall from trees or fly across the meadow.

When rays of the sun break through the thick cloud cover, Jungkook closes his eyes with relish and lets them wander over his face. The warmth gives him a sense of well-being and makes him want to stay there longer.

A butterfly lands on a flower protruding close to him from the earth. It's rare that he sees a butterfly at this time of year, usually, he sees many around summer. The little animal brings a small smile to his lips, but it quickly disappears as he is reminded of the time when he and Jimin were little, having fun, and suddenly a butterfly landed on Jimin's hair.

The next moment he was petrified, but Jungkook had assured him that the little butterfly was harmless and all he had to do was hold still so it wouldn't fly away. Jungkook wears a bitter smile on his face at the memory. When the butterfly flew away, they both ran after it without hesitation until they could no longer see it. Both let out their carefree laughter.

Jungkook sighs and closes his eyes while running a hand through his hair. "Why am I nowadays thinking of him all the time? Why am I seeking him out all the time?"

It makes no sense to Jungkook. They haven't had a friendship for a long time, in years they haven't communicated with each other properly. During this time he hasn't thought about the other or their quarrels anymore. So why now?

What does he have to do to make it stop? Does he need to seek out Jimin so that this doesn't happen anymore? His wolf doesn't seem to mind at all. Quite the opposite. At the idea of reaching out to the younger one, his alpha is happy and wags his tail joyfully. Apparently, there really is something wrong with his alpha. After all, it was Jimin who distanced himself from Jungkook.

He sits up and shakes his head in annoyance. Jungkook has had enough of how often Jimin pops up in his head. The alpha resolves to see the other later to finally put an end to it all. When he sees that Jimin is well and alive, all this will surely stop. Although he might have to try not being so obvious about seeing him for that reason, who knows what the other will think otherwise.

In the meantime, he will go hunting a little for the fest that is coming up soon. It never hurts to take precautions and hunting helps Jungkook clear his head.

So he stands up, stretches a little and shifts into his grey wolf. His paws touch the ground and he feels the grass under his paws as he sprints away, the wind whipping his face.

Fast forward, Jungkook has been hunting for a few minutes-so far unsuccessfully. No sign, neither of a rabbit nor of a larger animal. His nose doesn't picks up a scent until he runs deeper into the forest towards the river. It's a vague scent of a hare, but it's still lingering in the air. If he is lucky, the hare has not gone far.

His senses sharpen as he continues to pick up the scent and a growl rumbles in his chest as his steps quicken. Jungkook is in hunting mode and he doesn't stop until he finds prey.

A little later when he thinks he has the prey in a few minutes, another familiar smell mixes with that of the prey and Jungkook's eyes widen. He's not going to let this person take his prey away, certainly not from-.

"Don't you think today is a bit boring? I've been collecting herbs all the time, that's all I've been doing," Jimin whines as he puts more herbs into a basket that he picked a little further away from a rabbit.

Wait a minute- is Jimin talking to a rabbit?

"I envy you a little bit. You can just hop around freely and you don't have to listen to anyone's stupid co-"

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Rabbits are on our menu but instead of hunting it, you talk to it." Jungkook has his arms crossed over his chest and leans against the tree next to him. Discontent lingers in his eyes as he stares with disapproval and something else at Jimin. The latter shrieks and faces him with utter shock in his facial expression, hand gripping the garment over his heart, having thought he was alone.

Now that he faces the alpha, Jimin can smell the pleasant-not pleasant scent of sandalwood, hinting with a tinge of sour honeysuckle that he's not pleased with what he's seeing at all. That is until he realises the other is naked.

Jimin's eyes widen as he tries to keep looking at Jungkook's face. Somehow it is difficult to do so. His heart races in his chest and he has to swallow heavily, staring with a stink eye into Jungkook's eyes.

"Not everything needs to be hunted when there are enough other things around us to hunt and eat, besides it's not any of your business what I'm doing or not with the rabbit."

"Smart mouth," Jungkook mutters and takes a step closer. "You always have an answer ready, don't you?"

"If it's you, yes it seems so." Jimin shrugs and gives him an indifferent look before his face morphs into something similar to annoyance, noticing the alpha taking another step closer. "What are you doing here?"

The question seems to overwhelm Jungkook for a moment until he remembers why he is there. "I was looking for prey and lo and behold. You are busy with my potential prey. With talking. Seems like something that hasn't changed until today."

"Don't act like you know me anymore," Jimin hisses and begins to get mad at the other. Protectively, he steps forward in front of the rabbit to show Jungkook that he can't harm it. He is unsure if it's the same rabbit that led him to the wounded wolf or not, but when he found the rabbit earlier, it didn't run away. So Jimin began talking to it-ranting about things. Miraculously it didn't really move much from its spot while Jimin talked and collected herbs. "Also why the fuck are you naked? Can you wear your garments?"

"I shifted and it just so happened that I don't have them with me." The alpha shrugs and is about to ask if he's never seen someone naked before but can hold back once he realises how inappropriate it can sound. Jimin would then again remind him of Seoyeon. "You shouldn't look."

"I don't and I didn't. Not that I'd be interested in it anyway." Jimin rolls his eyes but he wants to punch himself that there's a small part in him that doubts what he just said is entirely accurate. He clears his throat as he snaps back to reality. "Anyways, these encounters with you really have to stop. My mood always gets spoiled after seeing you and having to interact with you. My day gets spoiled too."

"You don't-" Jungkook starts but gets cut off. Jungkook grinds his teeth because he couldn't give him a piece of his mind.

"Jimin?" A third voice sounds in the forest, causing panic to spread in Jimin's body. His eyes search futilely for his surroundings but he can't see the person who called his name. If he were to see Jungkook standing naked here he might be exiled for forcing himself on Jungkook even if they don't know the truth. There's always a way to let it fall back on Jimin.

Jimin's eyes widen as he sees Jungkook hasn't even moved from the spot. "What are you still doing here? Are you that stupid? If he will find out-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I'll go." Jungkook rolls his eyes and shows his back to Jimin. The omega watches just in time as Jungkook vanishes in his wolf form into the deep forest before a few moments later Donghyun appears in Jimin's sight.

Jimin sees confusion taking over Donghyun's face, nose scrunching as he tries to take in something. He stops barely a few metres away from Jimin and looks at him, eyebrows drawn together in thoughts.

"Was Jungkook here? I can smell his scent. Did you two talk?"

"No? No, I haven't seen him." Jimin tries to give an indifferent shrug, taking the basket with herbs into his hands and pushing it towards the alpha for him to take. Donghyun furrows his eyebrows and looks down at the different herbs, laying in the basket. He eyes them for a second before his gaze settles on Jimin whose face morphs into something stern before he speaks up.

"Can you tell me what herbs there are in the basket?"

Donghyun raises an eyebrow, thinking Jimin must be joking but even seconds later Jimin's lips don't form into a smile nor does his scent give away a hint of something sweet. So Donghyun clears his throat to overplay the awkward moment and looks back down at the basket in his hands. "There's ehm- Chamomile, Feverfew and Enshaniacea?"

"Echinacea, almost right." Jimin gives him a small smile and Donghyun takes this as an opportunity to grin sweetly back at him and make a step in his direction.

"At least I got the others correct." Donghyun grins triumphantly and looks at Jimin before he leans closer. "Echinacea has a beautiful name, just like you do."

Jimin shrugs. "It's just a normal name my parents gave me. Also, you forgot one herb. There's one more." He points to the herb in the basket and throws a questioning facial expression.

"Oh..." The alpha blinks irritated that Jimin reacts like this, ignorant to his advance. But it won't be the last time he will try flirting with him. Maybe he has to be closer to him first? "I don't know the name of it."

"That's St. John's wort, something that can be used for depression."

"Ohhh, got it." Donghyun nods enthusiastically and casually says, "They're as pretty as you are."

Jimin looks at him in bewilderment and crosses his arms in front of his chest, not really understanding what the other is trying to say. "I'm not blonde, or are you trying to say they match me when they're wilted?"

"That's not what I- You know what? Nevermind. What's next on the list?"

The wind ruffles through Jimin's brown hair, blowing a few strands into his face, making it difficult to look fully at Donghyun. His gaze, however, keeps lingering on him for a few seconds. It appears to Donghyun that this is Jimin's way of trying to figure out what is behind his behaviour. He starts to realise how weird the situation gets and looks around nervously after awkwardly clearing his throat.

Jimin also seems to notice how weird the situation has become and clears his throat in disappointment, tugging the windblown strands behind his ear with one finger. He just can't figure out what the other meant by his words. A soft sigh leaves his lips. "I'll show you how to make herbal remedies."

Without waiting any longer, Jimin turns his back to Donghyun and walks back towards the healer's hut. He scrunches his nose as he falls into the thought of the day Dongyhun asked him to teach about herbs.

It was not long ago that Donghyun knocked on the door of the healer's hut, on a night when it was pouring with rain. Donghyun peered into the hut with curiosity and finally entered. Jimin thought at first that he was injured-because what else would he have been doing there? But it wasn't like that. Soon after, Jimin couldn't detect the faintest trace of blood in the air, so he confronted the alpha. He didn't really know the alpha. Donghyun was more or less a stranger to him. Still, he had listened to the real reason why he was there.

It turned out that the alpha was not there for anything related to medicine but to learn more about herbs and healers. Jimin was more than surprised by this answer. At first, he thought he was just saying it because it was one of the alphas ogling him from afar, but he can't remember ever seeing him do it. Instinctively, Jimin wanted to tell him no right away, but for what reason? Jimin had no obvious reason at hand. In his eyes, Donghyun didn't look like someone who would make fun of him at first glance, but as if he had been genuine there.

"I'll show you how to make an oil and a salve for tired muscles, cold sores or in general aches," Jimin speaks up upon entering the healer's hut and peers at the table for a second. "You can put the basket on the table and then come here for a second with St. John's wort herbs."

Donghyun does as he says and hands Jimin the herbs, who places them on a straight surface where they have enough space to work. Jimin then begins to mash the flowers to expose more surface area to the oil. He puts them into a jar and lets Donghyun cover them with oil and put the covered jar into a cool and dark place. "That's basically everything for now how to make an infused oil. Can you get me the other jar in the corner? This is the same oil but it has been standing longer and can be made into a salve now."

Donghyun hands Jimin the oil-filled jar and observes with slight interest how Jimin prepares water for boiling and then puts one bowl in a bigger bowl. Once the water is boiling, Jimin pours the hot water into the bigger bowl and then puts the smaller bowl with beeswax in it, waiting until it has melted. He carefully adds oil, stirring occasionally in the heat until it's a homogeneous, honey-like-substance. He carefully pours the mixture into smaller tins and lets them sit until the mixture has a creamy feeling to it.

"I think this is enough for t-"

Jimin stops talking when he takes in a new scent. Furrowing his brows, Jimin turns to his left, seeing an elder beta standing at the entrance of the hut, supporting his back with his hand. Jimin steps up towards the elder man and asks what's wrong, putting on his fake smile like he always does when he has to interact with someone from his pack.

The elder informs him that he must have thrown out his back and needs some remedy otherwise he can't finish tending his work. "Take a seat on one of the chairs please, I'll prepare something to help lighten the pain."

Jimin grabs a handful of fresh comfrey leaves from the basket and instructs Donghyun to chop them coarsely. Jimin puts the chopped leaves into a mortar and grinds them with a pestle, He could easily let Donghyun do this-after all some people learn better by doing things but since he doubts the alpha has done this before it's the best for Jimin to do this, knowing the right technique. He adds the hot water from the oil making and grinds the leaves until it somewhat becomes a chunky paste. Donghyun then puts it into a bowl whereby Donghyun's hand brushes Jimin's, but the latter ignores it skilfully.

After adding some flour, Jimin stirs the warm paste with his hands and then puts it in a cloth, folding it and then instructs Donghyun to let the other show him where it hurts. Jimin gasps quietly surprised that the alpha follows his orders without making a fuss about it. He even puts on the poultice on the beta's back without comment. Any other alpha would have reacted with a sneer on his face. Despite his reactions, Jimin can't help but be wary or brush things off.

While Donghyun tends to the beta's ache, Jimin decides to prepare and process the remaining herbs. Since they were able to gather plenty of fresh herbs today, he has a good selection of things to use them for. "If the pain does not ease, let me know and I will prepare some tea."

Jimin turns his attention back to his task after seeing Donghyun trying to calm the other down-as best he can, as an alpha. So far, he's seemed more like someone who can't be empathetic or careful with someone, but apparently, the alpha always has it in him to surprise Jimin.

Jimin is so engrossed in his task that he only half notices the beta leaving the hut and Donghyun sitting down on the chair where the other was sitting until a few minutes ago. "I must say I'm impressed by how much you managed to do while the beta was here and even stayed calm during all this time."

Jimin can't help but snort at his statement. What does Donghyun try to imply with this? It's one of the must-do traits when becoming a healer. It's what's best for oneself and others, to not fall into stress which may cause mix-ups, accidents or mistakes.

"You kind of have to when you are a healer."

"This might be true," Donghyun shrugs and peers at Jimin with an unreadable facial expression, leaving the other only to guess what goes on in his mind, "but not everyone is able to do it even when it's a requirement for what they are doing and yet you manage to do all this."

"Hmm... thanks, I guess?"

"No problem. I can't wait to see what else I can learn from the admirable healer in the pack." Jimin widens his eyes slightly, taken aback by what the alpha says. He's almost sure by now that Donghyun must be one of the alpha's who tries to kiss his arse. There can't be any other reason why he behaves as he does.

Therefore he brushes it off again and holds back from commenting. "There's nothing else to do for today. You can come back tomorrow if you have no other duties to follow."

The alpha smacks his lips dryly, unimpressed to get only those reactions from Jimin. It can't be that Jimin is so dense with all the admirers he has. After all, he throws himself at others with his omega pheromones, no? So why does he act so differently around him?

An undelightful sigh leaves his mouth and he turns his back to the omega, peering at the other once more before he leaves through the door. "Alright. I'll be back tomorrow then."

_____

A/N: im so sorry for not updating in such a long time but not motivation has striked me it has been quite a struggle recently to write. But I'm so proud of myself that I could finally finish this chapter 💜😭💪🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.1K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...
107K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
71.7K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...