Rising Rays of the New Centur...

Von KageNishi

In the year 2040, Japan returned to Earth from the other world of Terralus under the guidance of a comet. At... Mehr

Part 1: Tokyo Expo
Tokyo Expo in Chaos
Joint Investigation
Japanese Empire's Chaos
A New Case
The Truth Revealed
The Canine Lord
The End of 21st Century
Vampire Siblings
Fear of Vampire
The Vampiric Menace
Eternal Mermaid
A Shadow Looming Over the Mermaid
Sora: The Far Reaches of Universe
World Expo Closing Ceremony
Part 2: Overseas
The Warlord City, Changsha
Inspection of the Construction Site
Europe of Illusions
The Dark Side of the Japanese Embassy
The Sisters of Tragedy
On Christmas Eve
Men Running on the Sea and in the Sky
Japanese Magical Drugs
The Devil's Identity
Epic Aerial Battle: Fairy vs US-2
Part 3: Yokohama Dragon God
Ice Queen
Rumored Japanese History Teacher
Shining Night Kamaitachi
Enchanting Songstress
High School of Magic and Witchcraft
Yokohama Bay Entertainment City
The Girl with Midas' Hand
Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter
The End of the Golden Banquet and a New Threat
A World Where Humanity is the Minority
Cultural Festival Season is Here!
Schoolgirl Abduction
Crisis of the Space Battleship Fusō
The Golden Banquet and the Awakening of Fusō
Terror of the Vampires
Battle of Yokohama
The Blue Dragon's Beautiful Servant
The Comet and the Unwanted Visitor
Part 3.5: The Space Frontier
Settings and Glossary
Characters List
Part 4: The Space Wars
Alien Invasion
Occupation of Mars
Messenger from Earth
Space Drifters Union and the International Federation
The Queen's Descent onto Mars
New Developments
The Expulsion Movement and the Witch of Mars
The Queen's Desire
The Great Escape
Disturbing Trend
The Queen's Descent to Earth
Ideals and Reality
Coup
Crisis of the Solar System
Attack on Titan
Queen's Guard
The Demise of Mars

The Satori and the Catalan Girl

94 4 2
Von KageNishi

December 27, 2103

Embassy of the Japanese Empire, Barcelona

One week after their arrival in Catalonia, Tokusa and Maebayashi visited Ambassador Mashiba in his office to deliver their final greetings.

"We will soon return to Japan. Thank you very much for your help."

"No, no, please! I'm glad everything ended without incident."

Mashiba was bidding farewell in a jovial mood. However, Maebayashi the mind-reader yōkai already knew how fake that smile was.

After that, the three shook hands with each other and the two left the embassy under the guidance of a local official. An official car of the IF Security Forces was already waiting at the main entrance to take them to the airport.

"Well then..."

Maebayashi said a few words of farewell to the female staff member who had come to see them off, and then he and Tokusa sat down in the back of the car. The car carrying the two left through the front gate separating the embassy grounds and the ambassador's residence from the city center.

"........."

As the car exited the gate, Maebayashi noticed Octavia outside the gate. She was making eye contact with Maebayashi on the other side of the car window.

Barcelona-El Prat Airport

The official car carrying the two arrives at Barcelona-El Prat Airport. After unloading their luggage and seeing off the car and driver, Tokusa and Maebayashi did not enter the airport, but hurried to a nearby hotel. After making contact with the "visitors" from Japan at the front desk, they took the elevator up to the suite where they are staying. When they reached the top floor, they rang the bell and waited for the inquirer to come out from inside.

"Well, well, well... welcome, we've been waiting for you."

After a short wait, a well-built young policeman dressed in a navy-blue turnout uniform emerged from inside. He opened the door and motioned for Tokusa and Maebayashi to come inside. They were then ushered into the living room, where Chief Inspector Raigo Nakamine, who was leading the unit sent from Japan, was waiting for them.

"My name is Raigo Nakamine of the National Police Agency Security Bureau's International Crime Prevention and Control Division Section 3, nice to meet you. Thank you for your hard work on the overseas inspection mission."

Standing in front of the reception couch, Nakamine welcomed the two men in a neat, standing posture and held out his right hand for a handshake.

"Sorry for your inconvenience. My name is Kagemitsu Tokusa from the International Security Bureau of the Consular Affairs Bureau..."

"My name is Satoru Maebayashi from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Inspection Office."

The two men introduced themselves to Nakamine. After shaking hands, they sat down on the sofa facing each other.

"So... I am sure you have already been notified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but the target of the latest revelation is the Embassy of the Japanese Empire. It is with a heavy heart that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has brought this scandal upon our people, but I would like to ask the members of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division to cooperate with us to protect the honor of our country."

Tokusa, the representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, began to talk about the circumstances of the incident.

"Of course, we will spare no effort to cooperate. We will do our utmost to expose them," Nakamine responded firmly.

"Thank you very much. Now... let's go over the current situation..."

Tokusa explained the plans. It was as follows.

The Embassy of the Japanese Empire in Catalonia, which is the subject of the current investigation, is suspected of running a prostitution business using poverty-ridden local women. The Japanese Foreign Ministry and the International Crime Prevention and Control Division are bringing this case on the basis of "Foreign Criminal Regulations," as stipulated in Article 4-2 of the Criminal Code.

"They are not operating inside the embassy. We are to obtain information about them from local collaborators. Of course, the International Crime unit will be deployed there as well. As soon as we locate the scene, we will surround it and launch a raid."

Octavia, who had cooperated with Maebayashi, was already lingering close to the embassy, and the police officers of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division had already secured a place in a nearby building where they could hide out. Everything is ready. All that remained was to wait for the right moment.

"Alright... let's get going. Onwards to Barcelona," Nakamine said and slowly sat up.

The curtain had finally risen on the capture drama to erase the stain on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening of the same day

Embassy of the Japanese Empire, Les Corts District, Barcelona

On that day, the people at the embassy, who were in no doubt that the inspectors from the Japanese mainland were leaving Catalonia, contacted the influential figures in Barcelona for tonight's "event." Then, the secretary, Yushi Mizunashi, compiled a list of names and transferred the data to Ambassador Mashiba's PC. The list, which was projected on a holographic display in the air, showed the names of wealthy people living in the city of Barcelona.

"The official physician secretary, Mizunashi, checks for and controls STDs. He makes good pocket money."

Yushi Mizunashi, who works as a secretary at the embassy, also serves as a doctor for the diplomatic mission abroad. As a doctor, he examined the brothels for the presence of venereal diseases and provided preventive care.

"Call the truck tonight. It's been a long time since I've been in business."

"Yes..."

Mizunashi responded to Mashiba's order, bowed, and left his office.

Near the main gate of the Embassy of the Japanese Empire

Half an hour later, Octavia, who had been wandering around the embassy, was so tired that she was dozing off on a bench in the shade of a tree. However, she was suddenly awakened by the sound of a rumbling engine.

"...Huh? ...Ah! That's it!"

Octavia recognized the truck emitting engine noise. It was no doubt the vehicle that occasionally entered and left the Japanese Embassy. Octavia quickly ducked under a bench and stared at the truck.

"...I knew it!"

Octavia finally found what she is looking for and made a call via the hearing aid radio she borrowed from Maebayashi.

"This is Octavia! Satoru, can you hear me? That truck just appeared!"

The truck stopped in front of the embassy's main gate, which opens automatically. While the driver was communicating with someone inside, Octavia took out the "gun" that Maebayashi had given her and aimed it at the truck.

'...Fly!'

Octavia pulled the trigger, and a micro transmitter flew out from the silenced muzzle of the gun. It was attached to the truck by a powerful magnetic force. The back of the truck was covered by a canopy, so the inside could not be seen.

Ruins in Les Corts District, Barcelona

The transmitter fired by Octavia was immediately activated, sending location information to the receivers carried by the police officers of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division.

"...We have received the signal from the collaborator."

"The signal indicates the embassy grounds."

The officers were able to determine the geography of Barcelona by using Japan's global navigation system, Iwato, which is a development of the QZSS (Quasi-Zenith Satellite System).

Embassy of the Japanese Empire grounds

The truck called by Mashiba, the Japanese Ambassador, lowered its ramp from the back of the truck to the ground as it pulled up to the premises. In front of the truck was a group of local female staff, who were engaged in clerical and miscellaneous work at the embassy during the day. However, their appearance was different from that in the daytime, as they were dressed in revealing clothing and bright red lipstick, which was unbecoming of those working for a public institution.

"........."

Despite their flashy appearance, however, none of them were smiling. Ryugawa, who was watching them, scowled.

"...You, why are you looking like that? ...Smile."

"...!!"

Hearing Ryugawa's voice, the girls forced a smile. To Mashiba and the others, who were steeped in an ethnic selectionist ideology, all people living abroad were inferior to them, and among them, those who belonged to the poorest class were things that did not even need to consider human rights.

"...Get on quickly. The customers are waiting."

Ryugawa forced the women to get into the back of the truck. Among them was Agustina, Octavia's sister. The truck filled with "products" for the wealthy left the embassy with Ryugawa, who was in charge of sales.

"........."

Octavia, who had been hiding behind a tree on the roadside, watched the back of the truck with conflicting feelings.

The truck drove through Barcelona at night after Christmas. It then headed for a building located off the main street in the same district as the embassy, Les Corts. The building was a vacant restaurant that had gone out of business, but Mashiba, the Japanese Ambassador, had bought it under a false name and turned it into a base for his undercover business.

Customers' cars were already parked in the parking lot in front of the building. The truck was parked next to them, and the ramp was lowered from the back of the truck, just as it had been when it left. The women who have been swinging on the back of the truck followed Ryugawa's orders and got out of the truck. Gradually, their forced smiles fade... They told themselves, 'We are happy because we are paid so much,' and entered the building where the customers were waiting.

"........."

Ryugawa closed the door after everyone has entered, making sure no one is around. However, he was unaware that he was already being tracked. About 10 minutes after the arrival of the truck, a group of police officers from the International Crime unit gathered at this location. They had already surrounded the brothel, trying to avoid being noticed by the embassy, the guests, and their guards.

"...Go."

One of them, the one who was closest to the building, launched a small robot. It was a "secret spy robot" based on the "forensic robot" used by the Metropolitan Police Department's forensic unit. The robot entered the building through a doorway, unseen by anyone. The cameras inside the robot captured the scene, which was then transmitted to the terminals of the officers standing by at each location.

"...!!"

The building was divided into several spaces by numerous curtains. Each space was furnished with a lavishly designed double bed, on which was a hapless young woman and wealthy men of various ages. As the secret spy robot traveled along the walls, it recorded the truth that the Japanese Embassy was conducting prostitution. The microphone recorded the screams of the women. Minister Ryugawa did not bat an eye to anything, waiting for his clients to finish their business while smoking a cigar.

"We've acquired the video evidence. We're going in ASAP."

"Understood!"

Without moving an eyebrow, Chief Inspector Nakamine gave the order to his men to begin action. At that moment, the dark-wearing members of the unit, who had been hiding in various places, appeared. Dressed in navy blue uniforms that blended in with the darkness, they first began to eliminate the guards near the visitors' cars. The men were waiting on the roof of a building, aiming their sniper rifles. As soon as they pulled the trigger, a radio blitz shot was released from the muzzle of the gun.

"...Ack!!"

"...GAH!"

The moment the bullets hit their target, the electric shocks stored in the bullets struck them. The other guards were shot one after another. These cordless taser guns are being deployed by the police and other agencies in Japan as new non-lethal firearms.

"...Go, go, go!"

Chief Inspector Nakamine confirmed that the guards have been neutralized, and ordered his men to move in. The target to be secured was the minister, Sakusa Ryugawa. Two men stood by the door and smashed through it with the stock of their guns. The door was knocked off its hinges by the two strong men. Then, through the broken door, the strong policemen rushed in one after another.

"W-what!? Who are you!?"

Ryugawa is startled by the suddenness of the situation and dropped the cigar he was holding in his mouth. The guests also heard the noise and peeked out through the curtains from their respective spaces.

"We are the International Federation Security Forces. The Embassy of the Japanese Empire in Catalonia is suspected of violating the Anti-Prostitution Law. From now on, we will be conducting an on-site inspection in accordance with the Convention's foreign crimes provisions as stipulated in Article 4-2 of the Criminal Code. Everyone, remain where you are!"

The police ordered the shocked guests and the local women, embassy staff, not to move. They could do nothing but cower in front of the strong men with their guns.

"...WHAT!? ...Don't tell me, it's those inspectors!?" Ryugawa exclaimed in shock upon learning that they had been exposed.

It was a surprise that the inspectors, who had recently returned to Japan, had somehow come to know about their backroom business, but he had not expected the Japanese government to reach out to them on the grounds of the Foreign Criminal Regulations.

Despite Ryugawa's inner turmoil, the police officers continued to capture the interior of the building on their cameras. Thus, together with the video and images captured by the secret spy robot, they secured evidence that could not be excused.

Embassy of the Japanese Empire

Meanwhile, Maebayashi, Tokusa, and several other officers, including Chief Inspector Nakamine, visited the embassy. Ambassador Takatora Mashiba was sitting at his desk, slack-jawed and sweating profusely.

"This is Kaneda. We have taken Minister Sakusa Ryugawa into custody for an alleged violation of the Anti-Prostitution Law."

"...Understood."

The officers who had been on their way to investigate the brothel delivered a report to Nakamine that their mission was completed. When Nakamine cut off the transmission, Tokusa, who had been listening to the report, spoke to Mashiba.

"We have uncovered the brothel that you were running... The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is already aware of your misconduct. Therefore, as a disciplinary action in accordance with Article 3 of the Foreign Service Public Service Law, Ambassador Mashiba, your diplomatic credentials as well as those of the other four diplomats serving at this embassy are revoked in the name of His Majesty the Emperor, and you are dismissed from your duties."

"...!"

The inspector, Tokusa, pronounced the dismissal verdict against Mashiba. The sentence came as a further shock to him. In desperation, Mashiba shouted angrily at Tokusa, Maebayashi, and the police officers surrounding him.

"...B-but! We gave money and food to the poor, uneducated and illiterate! We gave the poor, destitute Catalan women alms and the value of their existence! We should not have been resented, but thanked! I helped people! What's wrong with me getting a little bit of money in return!? In Catalonia, prostitution is legal! There's no reason for me to be disciplined!"

Mashiba called their actions helping people and reopened the situation by citing the difference in law. Hearing this appalling excuse, Tokusa and the others could not hide their disgust. However, there was no way that using money as bait to arrange unwanted sexual acts was the right thing to do.

"...True, the laws of this country may be different from Japan's. But before that, you are a diplomat of the Japanese Empire! It is only natural that you should be punished for your conduct, which is unbecoming of your position and dishonors the name of your country."

"...!"

Tokusa firmly rebuked Mashiba's assertion. With that, Mashiba slumped to the floor.

"...When did you ever think we were suspicious? How did you notice?"

He finally asked why he had noticed their deeds. Maebayashi heard his words, released a short snort, and blurted out.

"It was when we first met."

"!?"

Mashiba's eyes widened more and more upon hearing Maebayashi's reply. It all started with an anonymous e-mail of accusation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but Maebayashi, a mind-reading yōkai, was convinced at that moment, the moment they first met.

"Shall we go then?"

Mashiba, whose misconduct has been exposed by the Japanese government, is taken away by the police officers of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division, along with Counselor Matoi, Defense Attache and Secretary Amakawa, and Secretary Mizunashi. They were then put into an escort vehicle and taken directly to the airport together with Ryugawa, a minister who had been secured at the brothel.

"........."

Tokusa and Maebayashi, who had uncovered the case, saw off the convoy carrying Mashiba and the others from the main entrance of the embassy. Alexis Sardinello, the embassy's only male local employee and the cook, gazed nervously at their backs. Maebayashi, who had noticed Alexis' presence, turned back to him.

"I take it the accusatory e-mail was sent by you? If so, thank you very much."

"...!?"

Maebayashi thanked him, causing Alexis to look on in shock. Then, having completed their mission, Tokusa and Maebayashi left the Embassy of the Japanese Empire.

"Oh...?"

An official car of the IF Security Forces that had come to pick them up was parked outside the gate. The driver, an Indian soldier, opened the door and waited for them. Just before getting into the car, however, Maebayashi noticed Octavia.

"Satoru..."

Octavia called out his name with a happy look on her face. Maebayashi smiled kindly and walked over to her.

"Octavia, thank you. Because of you, we were able to solve this case."

"...No, I just wanted to help my sister... But..."

She has no false hopes of saving her sister who was suffering. However, with her sister's employer Mashiba having lost his job, her sister Agustina would also be laid off, and both sisters would be left on the street. She wondered if she had really done what she could for her sister, and those thoughts were swirling in her mind.

"...The Japanese government will pay compensation to the women who have been victims of this trafficking. And if they want to, they can continue to work. Of course, without having to do any underhanded business."

Maebayashi assured her that her fears were unfounded. A replacement for the ambassador's seat left vacant by the incident had already been selected in Japan and was scheduled to enter Catalonia next week. The Japanese government had already decided to compensate the women victims. The amount was to include a "gag money" payment, enough to enable them to live without working for the foreseeable future if they lived modestly.

"After this case is over, live away from your parents. And with the compensation money from the Japanese government, buy a house for you and your sister to live in together. No more contact with your parents... understood?"

Maebayashi pointed to what Agustina and Octavia should do next. If they did not leave their parents, everything would be back to where it started, regardless of whether they lost Mashiba's job or received huge compensation.

"Mm!" Octavia nodded. Seeing the determination on her face, Maebayashi looked on in satisfaction.

Shortly thereafter, a Security Force vehicle carrying the victims appeared in front of the embassy. From the rear door of the stopped vehicle, the women who had been used by Mashiba disembarked, led by members of the International Crime unit. Among them is Agustina, Octavia's older sister.

"Sister...!"

"Octavia!"

Octavia rushed to her sister. Agustina also held her arms and hugged her sister tightly as she jumped into her chest.

"Sister, sister...!"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...!"

Both of them were crying as the emotions they had been suppressing erupted. Maebayashi and Tokusa, as well as the members of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division who had brought them here, stared at the sisters in silence. Soon after, when they had calmed down, Maebayashi approached the sisters, who were sitting on the ground and called out to Agustina.

"Your sister saved you by her own determination and action. But if you don't take action yourself, nothing will change. I mean it. You must be aware of that. To respond to your sister's wishes, too."

"...Yes."

Agustina bowed deeply as she hugged Octavia. Maebayashi left the place with Tokusa and proceeded to the official car that had come to pick them up.

"Um...!"

At that moment, Octavia stopped Maebayashi from her sister's arms.

"Satoru... can we see each other again!?"

Octavia's destiny changed when she met a yōkai from Japan. She had hoped to see him again. Maebayashi stopped and looked back at her with a slightly annoyed expression on his face.

"No... I don't think we'll ever meet again. But then again... I'm sure you'll be fine, but if the next ambassador is just as evil, you can ask for help right away."

"...Yes!"

Octavia nodded again.

"...Goodbye."

Maebayashi smiled, said his farewell, and got into the car with Tokusa. Maebayashi gazed at the sisters as he departed with a somewhat regretful expression.

Later, the female victims, including Agustina, and Alexis, the cook who had sent the accusatory e-mail to Japan, were interviewed by police officers from the International Crime Prevention and Control Division. The guests that Mashiba and the others had gathered were released as soon as possible after being interviewed at the scene. The police officers of the International Crime unit, Maebayashi, and Tokusa, along with the embassy staff who had been taken to the airport earlier, flew back to Japan on a chartered plane.

Thus, the prostitution business run by Japanese diplomats in the Republic of Catalonia had been detected and eliminated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Japanese Empire's government and the National Police Agency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next part will be a story about a former Maritime Self-Defense Force flying boat roaming through the Pacific against pirates in Micronesia (tentative).

That will be the end of the Overseas part. In the next part, the Part 3, we will move the stage back to Japan and start the "Yokohama Dragon God Arc" (tentative title).

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.8K 674 119
Reincarnation of the strongest sword god fanfic when Shi Feng return to the beginning after fighting for ten years in greater God's domain
114K 4.3K 88
It was another typical day for the average lonely commoner, Shin Kagami. Another day where he juz laze around on his bed doing nothing but, 'Dream, F...
210K 3.9K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
63K 2K 42
Akemi was the most powerful immortal of another world. Why did I say "was"? Oh, because he's been reincarnated into the body of a powerless 16 year o...