Road To Redemption♥ (Avengers...

By OMGitsJustine

S.H.I.E.L.D. has finally done what they never thought possible, what Fury never thought possible. Katherine... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

Chapter 6

1.7K 58 4
By OMGitsJustine

These past couple of weeks were the best of her life. Katherine was happy, her and Clint were having a family, but there was still something on the back of her mind. It was the nightmares she was having. It was the fact that everytime she closed her eyes, she saw everyone she loves dead at her feet. It was the unearthing feeling she got and the way she could almost feel the blood of everyone she cares about soaking her feet. It was the fact that she hasn't been eating or sleeping, and how she feels like her baby is killing her. . . . . .

Despite some complications from her pregnancy, Katherine had managed to convince Clint to keep their little happy news between the two of them, well and Fury, because she didn't want anyone else finding out. If the wrong kind of people were to find out, then there was no telling what could happen.

Today:

Katherine was on her way to a training session with her favorite super soldier. Steve was to show Katherine a couple of defense moves, and also train with her. This was usually Katherine's favorite part of her week, well besides the parts she spends with Clint. She loved working out with Steve more than meditating with Bruce or working on computer stuff with Tony. Since Thor was off saving his own world, she didn't see much of him and the fact that she hated Natasha was enough reason to keep the two of them from ripping each other apart.

"Morning, Captain." Katherine smirked as she set down her gym bag on the floor, grabbing her gloves out of her bag and putting them on before they started their sparring match. "You ready to get your ass handed to you again?" Katherine joked.

Steve couldn't help but laugh along with Katherine before shaking his head. 

"Let's just hope you've been practicing Thorne." Steve joked before they started their little sparring match. 

With their equal amounts of strength, they were almost an even match for each other. If it wasn't for Katherine's special abilities, she and Cap would be the same level. But during her training with Steve, she refrains from using them. She wants to be able to still have her same level of training without her gifts. After what seemed like two hours of sparring, they took their usual morning runs. 

They always had a little race, each one beating the other every other day. 

Today it was Steve who had beat Katherine. 

"Don't smirk, you got lucky today." Katherine laughed while drinking some of her water. 

"You gotta be crazy to think that, that was luck." Steve joked back before looking over at Katherine, his look quickly changing to a sad look. Katherine could tell by the sudden look in his eyes that he was itching to tell her something, only a matter of time to see if he was going to finally ask it. "Mind me asking a question?" 

Katherine just nodded her head, giving him a look as he proceeded. "Wh-what happened when you went through the experiment. I mean...I know we went through the same stuff..." Steve looked down at his feet. 

"We didn't go through the same stuff." Katherine said firmly, her mood shifting. Steve's face shifted as well, one that said he was about to make an apology and that's when Katherine sighed. "I'm sorry. It's just-it's just I still don't remember half of what happened to me..As of lately..I-I feel like I don't even know who I am anymore.." Katherine looked up at Steve who was still staring back at her, she slowly formed a smile on her face. "Makes me seem a little crazy right? Like I became Harley Quinn and broke out of the looney bin." Katherine kicked the dirt underneath her feet. "I can only imagine what you think of me..."  

"What do you mean?" 

"What I mean... Captain... is I am literally everything you stand against..." Katherine gave him a serious look. "I am not patriotic to this country, like at all. I am not good, I'm not brave, I freaking killed people for a living...and the worst part of it all was that I enjoyed it. I didn't care what happened to anyone else as long as I was okay...I-I'm not good...I spent so long in the darkness and I-I don't even remember who I was...i don't remember how to be good...I don't think I ever can..." 

Steve walked up to me, placing his hands on my shoulders, making me look up at him. "Do you want to know what I think?" Katherine nodded her head. "I think you're one of the bravest people I know. Sure you did bad things in the past, sure you're not perfect but honestly who is on our team? The only thing that matters is that you changed. You saw what you were doing wrong and now you're fighting to change it. Instead of fighting against the world, you're fighting for it. You ask me, anyone who's willing to do that and anyone who's willing to admit what they've done wrong and wear it on their sleeve and face it head on instead of running away, well that's the person who's worthy of being apart of this team." 

Katherine didn't say anything, only closing her eyes and nodding her head. She kept her eyes closed until she knew that she wasn't going to release any tears. When she reopened her eyes, she looked up directly at Steve. "Thank you Captain.." 

"For what?" 

"For being one of the two people who sees something worth redeeming in me..." Katherine offered him a small smile. 

"I'm guessing the other person is Barton?" Steve laughed slightly, causing Katherine to blush. "The two of you are really cute together. I'm glad you've found someone who's made you happy..everyone deserves to after all.." 

Katherine smiled. "I ne-I never thought I'd ever find someone like him..I never thought-I never thought for a second that I'd ever deserve someone like him, and I'm still not sure I do. But he continues to take his chances on me and for that, I'm forever grateful. He came into my life during a time when i had no one, and at first he was a pain in my ass...he still is..but he stayed in my life and changed it for the better.." Katherine messed with her arrow necklace. "What he's given me is far more than I can ever express in words..." 

"You two really do love each other." Steve smiled. "You thinking of maybe settling down and adding a little one to the mix?" Steve half joked. Katherine froze in her place, unsure of how to answer next.

"Wh-why would you ask that?" She stuttered. 

"Just wondering. Seems like the two of you are bound to tie the notch eventually." Steve shrugged. "I wouldn't doubt it in my mind if Clint didn't have a ring picked out from the first day he's met you. the way he speaks of you, and looks at you..it's like ... I can't explain it, it's like the two of you are meant to be.." 

"You believe in destiny Captain?" Katherine looked at him. 

"I don't know exactly..I mean I do believe in fate and destiny." Steve leaned up against the tree that was near them. "But I also believe that we are fated to that we choose. What about you? You know your destiny already?" 

"I've been told since I was little that I am destined for darkness, for hatred, for death.. Do you want to know what ive been telling them this whole time?" Steve nodded his head. "I told them that I choose my own destiny. I dont let anyone define my fate but me."

"If I didn't know any better...I'd say the ever so allusive Katherine Thorne was getting emotional." Steve joked, raising the mood. 

"Well you know what they say.." Katherine laughed. "Everyone is bound to have a moment. Just so happens that I've been having mine more so now that I've finally chosen the good guys." Katherine joked as they continued to go for their morning runs. Katherine was the only one who could actually keep up with Steve without getting tired as fast. Gotta love that super soldier serum. Hydra sure knows how to experiment. Katherine may have the serum running through her veins but it was her dedication and training that kept her alive. She never needed anything special or out of a bottle. 

Author's note: 

sorry i havent been updating this story, been super busy and honestly completely been having writers block but I made a new playlist and im ready to start updating again :D 

sorry this chapter sucked coconuts but the next one will be really cute and fluffy with a spice of badass ;D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 160 60
Sophia Dumont lost a piece of her soul when a terrorist organization took away from her the man she loved. Now, she is in the search for revenge, lo...
1.8K 81 22
Quintessence: A unique form of energy, specifically life itself. Katrina Hart, young SHIELD agent and mutant. Having been raised by some of SHIELD'...
10.8K 191 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
14.3K 303 13
"Dad come on he is hot you can't deny it," I tell dad. "You are calling a maniac who killed like 12 people in two days hot," dad asks me shocked. "He...