starting over (COMPLETED)

By Juliebragg18

The past hurts and Ethan can't seem to get away from it when his ex-husband shows up on his door step . All t... More

chapter one
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter five
chapter 6
7
chaper 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11

chapter 4

229 12 0
By Juliebragg18

It was Monday already and Ethan decided that he would make up with Harry, the two had been ignoring each other since Friday and it was eating up Ethan from the inside, this time he felt like it was his fault he should have been more supportive and should have not requested that they should leave, so Ethan got up extra early to make breakfast  so they could talk and Ethan would tell Harry about his job.

"morning" Ethan said with a warm smile as he fixed the table.

" ah morning you made breakfast?" Harry asked awkwardly. " yes I just wanted us to have breakfast together it's been a while" Ethan says .
"Oh um sorry but am running late" Harry says appologically, Ethan frowns in disappointment.

" um oh alright, Harry am sorry about Friday night I was wrong and I --" he was cut off by Harry groaning. " Ethan am really running late will talk about this some other time maybe when I get back I don't think I want to argue with you before I leave " he says .
" am not trying to ar-,agh have a great day at work then " Ethan says Harry nodes and leaves .

Ethan looks at the food on the table all cooked for nothing but he wasn't going to give up easily he was going to fix what ever was happening between Harry and himself .
For the moment he decided he would prepare for work and leave he didn't want to be late for work.

Ethan rushed into the elevator as it was about to close. He breathed out as he was trying to hold his breath he took note to start working out because he felt out of shape.
"sorry about that" Ethan apologised for acting inappropriately. "Don't worry am used to seeing you act pathetic" Ethan looked at the person quickly almost snaping his neck, he should have know he was going to bump into Morgan he just wished he wouldn't, he blushed remembering what happened last Friday when Morgan had offered his handkerchief when he found him crying, Ethan could hate Morgan's attitude all he wanted but the man was handsome he was dressed in a navy suite which looked like it was tailored specifically for him probably was, morgan had dark blue eyes which mostly held hate for him and sometimes something he couldn't understand he had a proud big nose that suited his face well and plump limps and his body was perfect he looked like he worked out a lot Ethan thought that he was little too muscular to what he preferred.

" Oh um about last f-Friday I-"
" you don't know me I don't know you when we are  here got that, your ride stops here" Morgan says cutting off Ethan
" and just because I offered help to you doesn't mean were on talking terms" He says as pulled his phone out, Ethan awkwardly walked out of the ride when the elevator closes he rolls his eyes "as if I would ever want to be on talking terms with you" He says to himself.

Ethan  asked for help because he was lost,thankfully he was given directions by a kind woman.He knocked on the door going in when the person on the other side asked him to do so.
" good morning sir" Ethan said he sat down opposite to his new boss, Ethan immediately noticed the beautiful man before him was an omega like him although he a little shorter than him and he felt relieved and was in aww.
"Oh you must be Ethan the new assistant, welcome to our company I hope I made the right decision choosing you to work for me, I would like you to read throught the work you supposed to do and i hope you wont bring complaints and while your reading that I would like that you Bring me coffee with a lot a sugar" The man says handing the document he was to read and the company credit card.

" yes sir I won't disappoint you" Ethan says to which than pays no mind to and continues to look at the computer screen .
Ethan quickly runs to the coffee cafe across the road. When he got back he was asked to print some information for an upcoming meeting that afternoon, he was directed to the printing and photocopying room, the problem was he had no idea how to use the printing machine thankfully a woman was there and he asked for help and she gladly helped .

Finally he was given a five minute break to read through what exactly he was hired for mostly it was him making sure the working environment was easy, overseeing Mr Parker work such as sorting and sending emial, maintaining files, welcoming visitors and the executives, scheduling meetings, sending and delivering messages and soo much more he bit his lip feeling like the work was a bit too much for him since it was his first time he had no experience at all, before he knew it his five minutes was done, he decided he would first send the meeting invites since Mr Parker had given him the list to invite .

He looked at the letter invite it looked a little informal but he guessed he would work on that at home on how to write a formal letter properly.

The work did get a lot between answering calls, some other workers wanted him to photocopy and sort documents for them he even messed up by swaaping someone's work with another ofcourse the person told him it was fine but Ethan felt terrible .

He great all the people entering the board room respectfully, it was nerv wrecking to stand infront of powerful people, He noticed Morgan was there as well, finally Mr parker was the last one to enter the room.
"Ethan your doing a great job so far but I did get a few complaints that you were a bit slow and mixed up some work you must learn how to multitasking Oh I won't have any option but fire you is that clear " Ethan nodes quickly.

He sat down by his desk which was just outside Mr parker's office, he thought about his day and it was tiring, he thanked god it was lunch time and he would catch a break he had to find a way on how to do his work fast and perfectly it was only his first time he definitely had room to change.

Ethan groaned out of frustration when he got home because he still didn't do the laundry and clean the house before he left he was heavily exhausted and he just wanted to get on his bed and sleep but ofcourse he still had house chores to do, he just wished Harry would seat down and talk with him so he could tell him he found a job and maybe he could help arround the house now since both would be working  or hire a house help, but it seemed Harry was still upset about what happened Ethan only confirmed this when Harry was not home by 10pm he went to bed anyway.

-----

Ethan had a silly smile plastered on his face as he got on the bus to work Harry had eaten the food he left last night for him and left a note apologising for not coming home early and that he would take Ethan on date so they would officially talk. He was having a good day honestly trying his best with work even with the few challenges he had.

"good afternoon sir here is
your lunch" Ethan said handing a bowl of a salad to Mr parker , Ethan noticed how Mr parker quickly put on his sunglasses, Ethan didn't want to assume or try to think too much about it but he knew a bruise when he saw one and Mr parker had a bruise arround his left eye.
" Mr lakewood I appreciate you bringing my lunch but do not enter my office without my permission " Mr parker says looking everywhere but Ethan who stood with a worried expression looking at his boss." Oh um sorry about that sir I won't do that again " Ethan said.
" well you can leave am sure you have more work to do I believe " Mr parker said after taking the salad from Ethan's hands.
Ethan left the office with a heavy heart, deep down he just hoped his boss fell and hit his eye by accident but Ethan knew it was far from that.

Ethan was thankful when he finished work in time and rushed home before Harry did he took a bath quickly and out on a nice outfit a sheer pink shirt tucked in his tight black pants he knew Harry couldn't resist him like this.

"hey!" Ethan walked cautiously to his husband he didn't know how to act since they were barely talking. "hey you look beautiful" Harry said eyeing Ethan from head to toe, ethan blushed at the complement "thankyou you don't look too bad yourself" he said even though he knew Harry was still dressed in his suite from work but the man looked good in everything.

"So where are we going I hope am not overdressed or something ?" He said excitedly. "Shit I forgot to tell you" Harry said with a worried expression, Ethan walked closer to his husband worried "what's wrong" Ethan said touching his arm, Harry looked at Ethan with a sad expression "well mom called while I was at work" he said and Ethan moved away while groaning "I know but you know I can't say no to her" Harry said.

" I guess the date's cancelled, Harry we really needed this one I really need to talk to you" Ethan said " I know I promise we will talk but right now we have to visit mother" he says and Ethan smiles forcefully " fine I guess I have to change " he says and heads back to the the bed room.
The drive to Harry's parents home was awkward and Ethan was angry on the inside he really did try to keep it inside he hates visiting the woman she hated him for no reason.

"Ethan am really sorry we had to cancel" Harry says "it's whatever I mean your mother always comes first anyway" he says getting out of the car, Harry's parents house was huge obviously since they were basically old money the house maybe be big but Ethan always felt soo stuffed and closed in whenever he got inside.

"my baby is here!"Ethan could hear the voice and he tried so hard not to roll his eyes, Harry held his hand and he smiled soflty at his husband "mom am not baby" Harry complains as his mother hugs him.
"Hey Ethan come in it's been a while" she said looking at him like he was trash he wasn't new to it she had always seen him as a parasite trying to suck their money when Ethan cared about anything but that,
Harry's father great him politely the man was quiet the opposite of his wife.
"Ethan join me in the kitchen" he heard Mrs lakewood say he stood up and followed her. She instructed him to do the the vegetables the whole time while telling him he did it the wrong way and she complained about how the young generation didn't know how to cook basic meals and Ethan was so fed up he wished he could shut her up.

"so any good news?" She asked looking at Ethan with an eyebrow raised ."Oh um about what exactly mom" he asked, "don't act dumb are you pregnant yet?" she said Ethan looked down at the food in front of him "no I mean I don't know" he said he felt shame at the way she looked at him "I knew it, look at you enjoying my son's wealth but you can't even let me have a grand child " she said moving away from him .

During super Harry's mom didn't say much Ethan knew she was upset but there was nothing he could do honestly he was not pregnant. After super Harry's mother carried her son to speak in private while Ethan was left with Mr lakewood.
"um sir excuse me" he said getting up he rushed to the bathroom, after using the bathroom he heard Mrs lakewood yelling she sounded angry

"Mom I think you being to hard on him" Harry said and Ethan felt his heart skip they were talking about him.
"Do I look like I care am getting old I need a grand child your my only son and that wrentch you call a husband can't even give you one child just one is that too much to ask all my friends have like five grand kids and here i am" she said and Ethan could feel tears pouring down his face. "mom I refuse you from Speaking about Ethan like that have you forgotten he is my husband and I love him" Harry says .
"you have to divorce him after all he is nothing without you he has no family he is barren omega the most important role he has to play in this world and he cant even do that, sharon now that's a woman I wish you married I talked to her parents and they-" " mom I don't and never will betrayal Ethan I love him no matter what" Harry says Ethan moves to the bathroom after that he makes sure he looks presentable before he moves back to the leaving room.

" dad were leaving,mom goodbye" Harry says furiously, Ethan says bye to both the parents aswell following after Harry at.
"you know maybe she's right maybe everyone is right " Ethan says as soon as Harry starts to drive away.
"you heard?"
"yeah some of it" Ethan says looking out the window.

"Honey am sorry about my mom she_"
"I don't want to talk about it honestly am tired of this "Ethan says, as they enter their house "by the way I got a job I wanted to tell you this tonight it was supposed to be a happy evening for us I guess" Ethan says seating down on the couch, Harry sat next to him.
" what, when" Harry asks confused
" last week but we have been fighting so much I didn't have time to tell you " Ethan says looking back at Harry.

" why? don't I do enough for both of us" Harry says and Ethan looks at him with Confusion he thought Harry would be atleast happy for him.
"what's the issue now aren't you happy?" Harry asks.
"you know it's not necessarily for you to work besides what kind of work could you possibly have without a degree" Harry says with a serious face and Ethan felt hurt was this man seriously degrading him like that.
" am just going to ignore that comment, no I got a good job as a assistant you know the pay is not as big but its better than what I got as a waiter, it's fine I promise" Ethan says .
" I am not in support with this I need you here at home "
"why I thought it hurt you that I didn't work" Ethan says confused .
" I never said that to you it's all made up in you insecure mind, what if we have kids whoes gonna take care of them" he says.

"there are no kids ok for now and why can't we both take care of them and you're starting to piss me off so good night!" Ethan says getting up and heading off to his room that night once more he cried himself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 110K 124
What happens a VERY cold-hearted? Alpha meets a VERY sassy Omega? A weird love story. Side ships: Namjin Vkook Hope...? This story contains: โ€ขStrong...
316K 6.6K 200
Yuuji and his Harem. AN: I update faster on AO3 than I do here. Username - Enma_Eden. Also, the ones on AO3 are WAY more edited than the ones here lo...
41.7K 1.4K 34
โ›The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies..โœ โ›You how could you betray us like that-โœ โ›Your father snatched away my...
17.5K 614 22
Warning: Cheating. Cheater forgiven. I am not trying to make cheating look cool. This book is inspired by my Bestfriend's life. She can't seem to h...