As Told By US

By just_amenze

This captivating fantasy world holds endless wonders waiting to be explored. From the mystical power of Hype... More

((𝔸𝕤 𝕋𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝔹𝕪 𝕌𝕊 𝕆𝕔 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕖𝕟))[𝕊𝔸]
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖))[𝕊𝔸]
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))[𝕊𝔸]
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))[𝕊𝔸]
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪))
𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 {𝔹𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒'𝕤 𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪}
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖))[𝕊𝔸]
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣))
((LEGENDS $ LORE))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟))
((LEGENDS $ LORE))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖))[𝕊𝔸]
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖))
((LEGENDS $ LORE))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣))
((LEGENDS $ LORE))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖))
((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣))

((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖))

40 1 0
By just_amenze

Bella's POV

The end of the term was drawing near and the end-of-term exams were weeks away, as per usual my Saturday morning started off as it always did but right in the middle of breakfast I received a rather shocking disturbance.

"Madam, My lady!!!" A maid yelled

"Who is that screaming this early in the morning!?" My mother yelled

"I'm sorry My lady but a letter came from. . . .the imperial palace!!"

My mother and I were both shocked, she quickly got up, went to the maid, and read the contents of the letter.

"Her Highness the Queen hereby invites Lady Bella of the Swift Household this afternoon. . ." My mother read, there was more to the letter but she gave it back to the maid.

"Oh dia, there's not even enough time to get you properly dressed!" My mother panicked tugging at the collar of her morning dress.

"Don't worry I'm just as panicked as you, but we can get this done" I tried to comfort her, and we immediately went up to my room and had a bath, whilst my mother commanded the other maids in my walk-in closet.

Eventually, we went with a nice and elegant beige and green dress.

I got into the carriage, this time I wasn't going with siyue because when meeting with any member of the imperial family it was expected of the visitor to come only with those who were implied in the letter.

The trip to the imperial palace was no longer than an hour and a half. The gates were still as breathtaking as ever.

Once I arrived a maid dressed in aspharian style clothing greeted me.

"Greetings lady swift, My name is Amina. I am the personal maid of her highness, please right this way"

I was led through various roads to the Queen's palace, it was the same as any palace on the outside but once I got inside it was like I had traveled to a new world, all the walls looked like the sand brick of asphar.

"This way my lady the Queen awaits you," Amina said pointing to the door in front of me.

I went inside with Amina and there was the Queen lying on her side in front of me.

Queen Vera Hyperion, the second wife of Emperor Johannes Edgar Hyperion.

"Greetings to the Northern star[Queen] of Hyperion" I greeted

"Oh now, no need to be so formal sit, Amina serve the snacks," She said with a smile.

I sat on the sofa in front of her, her room looked like a picture from the aspharian history books I always read as a child I never once thought it was possible to remodel a room so well.

"You like it? I feel at home when I'm in my palace" The queen giggled, if you didn't know her you would think she was in her late twenties or fresh into her thirties but in reality, she was 47 last I checked at least.

"*sigh* I'm sure I caught you by surprise when I sent that letter"

"N-no your highness it's an honor to be in your presence," I said, her highness still keeping a smile on her face, the room felt like it had so much history and as the only surviving legitimate wife of the emperor, there was definitely a story behind her as well.

Amina brought in some snacks for us and set them on the table, the queen picked up a necklace made of what seemed to be coral beads, she rolled them in her hand and said what seemed to be a prayer although I didn't really understand too well.

". . . .I got this from my father when I was sent here" The Queen said

"Excuse me?"

"Hmm? Oh, you children of these days can't hide your emotions, you want a story so ill give you one, where do I begin? It was the year 1701. . ."

<<<<Flashback

Normal POV

In the year 1700, the previous emperor, Emperor Victor II, was about to take his last breath, with him at his side were the then Crown prince Johannes and his mother Consort Abigail of the first rank.

"J-johannes, come closer m-my son," Victor said

"Yes father"

"I have arranged a marriage for you with the princess of *cough*Asphar, this will further strengthen our ties *cough* with them," Victor said grabbing Johannes' wrist

"What?!? But. . ."

" I know you love your crown princess, Mariam, but love won't appease the court and more so she is from a mere Viscount's house I had to do so much to permit you this marriage *cough* at least do this for me"

"Johannes please do not upset your father in his final moments" His mother sobbed

"Fine father, but don't expect me to ever love her!" Johannes said

"I n-never d-did. . ." And just like that Emperor Victor II passed on.

> > > > > >

After one year of mourning Johannes and Mariam were officially coronated as the Emperor and Empress. In the month that followed people from Asphar came with the princess of asphar.

"I have been dreading this day for the last year" Johannes sighed, there was a ball being held and he and Marian were at the stage on their thrones.

"I know but you can't whine about it now," Mariam said

"But I promised I'd only have you in my heart, and now this? before you know it dozens more will be sent"

" I knew what I was getting myself into when I agreed to marry you, I knew I couldn't be the only one in your bed but at least I'd be the only one in your heart," Mariam said rubbing Johannes' shoulder

"Now entering Princess Vera Aisha Mostafa!" The Guards announced.

In walked a long row of golden chests filled with dowry and gifts, at the front was Vera completely adorned in aspharian royal splendor.

(ignore the black hair and eye color. Ty)

"I greet the Sun and Moon of Hyperion, I am princess Vera Aisha Mostafa, bowing to your graces," She said bowing to Johannes and Mariam, as per etiquette the emperor would welcome his new wife but Johannes had so much disdain for her that he stayed silent.

"Welcome, from now on we will be sisters I do hope you enjoy your new life here," Mariam said trying to soften the already thick atmosphere.

"Yes, thank you, your highness," Vera said bowing once more to them.

She was escorted to her room while the festivities still went on.

"Wow they did a good job imitating the designs of asphar, but it'll never match the true nature of home," Amina said

"Amina! We are no longer in asphar, and you are no longer the lady-in-waiting to the princess of asphalt, you are the lady-in-waiting to the Queen of Hyperion I expect you to fix your manners" Vera scolded

"Yes your highness"

Vera sat on the bed waiting for Johannes while holding onto the prayer beads her father gave her. Soon as expected he came.

"Greetings your majesty!"

"Arise, the empress was kind enough to redesign your palace you should be grateful, even fresh dresses were made for you," Johannes said, it felt like he was scolding a maid rather than speaking to his wife.

Vera looked over to the dresses on the table, they were all the latest fashions in Hyperion.

"I'm sorry but I can not wear those" Vera said

"What!? And why is that?!?" Johannes asked

"Those are not the garment i am used to. I might be the queen of Hyperion but I was born an aspharian, raised as an aspharian, lived as an aspharian and I will hopefully die like one" She said bowing her head to Johannes.

He looked down at her for a few seconds before taking off his robe, he told all the servants to leave leaving just him and vera alone.

"Let's just get this over with," Johannes said, he took off the silk that draped over her shoulders and sat her on the bed, just like that vera was no longer a maiden of asphar.

The following day Johannes had already left before vera woke up, she robbed her sore back and stomach from the events of last night, it was loveless and stale but was still rough.

"Good morning your highness, we are here to dress you" Two of her maids from asphar greeted with amina in the middle.

"Yes ugh. . ." Vera winced, she robbed her lower back, the events of last night might have been stale but were still too rough for her.

"Don't worry your highness you'll get used to it" Amina giggled

"And what does an unmarried maiden like you know about these things. . .lighter" Vera winced amina was massaging her back whilst still laughing

"It's only reasonable that his majesty will visit again," Amina said

"*sigh* Never mind such a vulgar topic, take me to the prayer hall first," Vera said wearing her robe which let's be honest didn't cover much of her.

A special room had been built with an altar to Qamar, this is where vera planned on having her morning prayers.

She knelt down in front of the statue and with her prayer beads in hand she said her prayers.

A few minutes later a knock on the door could be heard, vera ignored it as she was still praying but when the knick persisted amina had to answer instead.

"Who are you to interrupt the Queen when she is praying!?!?" Amina yelled

"I'm very sorry but I am a maid from the kitchen and her highness' breakfast is waiting for her in her room," The maid said shaking from fear.

"Hmph as long as her room isn't a freezer the food can stay warm a little longer, her highness is almost done with her prayers," Amina said before slamming the door on the maid.

Minutes later Vera and amina went back to the bedroom where a table was being set for vera.

"Greetings to the Northern star of Hyperion" They all greeted.

"You may all rise," Vera said, she went to her seat and was helped in by the maid beside her but when she looked down at the table there was a plate of bacon

"Bacon?! Excuse me but is this pork?" Vera asked

"Oh no no no your highness, her majesty strictly said that we are not to use any pork in your meals," The maid said

"Hmm, then I should thank her. . .some other time," Vera said.

Meanwhile with the emperor,

"Your majesty" The head butler greeted

"How is the queen?" He asked

"Her highness has settled in well, from what I heard from her kitchen staff she was happy that there was no pork in her meal" The butler replied

". . . . . ." Johannes stayed quiet, he carried on with what he was doing and told the butler to leave, once the doors closed he slouched back in his chair.

> > > > > > >

A few years later, in the year 1703, the court had been disturbing the emperor on the topic of adding more women to the imperial harem, and as the head of the harem mariam was tasked with choosing the women but. . . .

"You want me to help?" Vera asked. The empress had come to her room in the morning panicking.

"I've never even been in a polygamous home talk less of choosing concubines, but you grew up in a harem so i thought you'd have an idea," Mariam said

"*sigh* If your majesty insists then I'll definitely help you" Vera replied.

Once evening came upon the land vera and mariam went to the main hall where all the candidates for the harem were, at the first selection only 5 concubines/consorts were picked.

"Greetings ladies of hyperion, i welcome you to the imperial palace," Mariam said

"As you all know you are all here to be selected as future women of the imperial harem," Vera said, she paused before resuming again"If you do not wish to be here on the other hand then this is your last chance to leave because once you enter the harem your only exit is through divorce, banishment or death"

As vera suspected at least five to ten ladies actually left, those ladies were probably forced to be here.

"Now we can get to the selection, you will all be sent to rooms in different palaces, if you receive a golden envelope it means you have been selected and your rank will be written in it, but if you receive a silver envelope then, unfortunately, you were not chosen," Mariam said.

All the ladies were escorted to the various palaces and were each put in bedrooms awaiting their envelopes. One of the ladies was the younger sister to the Marquis Franciff, Charlotte Franciff.

"My lady don't walk back and forth too much" Her maid pleaded

"I can't help it i was the highest ranked out of all those ladies i should have received a letter by now," Charlotte said, she had already been waiting for an hour now and was slowly growing impatient.

Soon a knock at the door could be heard and charlotte forgot she even had a maid and rushed to open the door herself.

"Greeting lady franciff" The head butler greeted, he handed her an envelope and left.

"*gasp* A golden envelope! yes, let me see. . . .consort of the third rank" Charlotte franciff.

"I thought you'd get a higher rank" Her maid sighed

"Don't worry it's only natural my rank is like this at first but at least I'll be a 'your highness' rather than a 'madam'" Charlotte said. "Oh, that means the emperor might visit me, oh those strong arms wrapped around me ooooh i can't wait!" Charlotte said

"But my lad- i mean your highness i hear he only loves the empress won't he. . .not be satisfied?"

"Who cares if HE isn't satisfied, I'd kill to even get a whiff of him,*gasp* i should get ready. . ." Charlotte said, but unlike her, not everyone was as hyped about them being chosen, one such lady was Lady Beatrice Clifford, daughter of Viscount Clifford.

"I. . .got a golden one"Beatrice drooped

"My lady i know this might not be what you want but it's better than staying at home," Her maid said

"Yes, of course, father would have my head if he heard that i left of my own accord but i was at least hoping that i would be rejected," She said, she opened the envelope to read her rank, she was given the Concubine of the first rank.

"Such a low rank, your just a madam. my lady is so pretty i was sure you would be a 'your highness'." Her maid said

"Don't be like that, I'm happy that i was even given the first rank whether it was a concubine or consort, his majesty might visit me so prepare the bath"

Before nighttime all the ladies were given their titles or sent back home, some like Charlotte were enthusiastically preparing themselves for johannes' visit.

"So you're telling me i have to 'visit' one of them now?" Johannes scoffed, Vera was behind him taking off his coat in the last few years he had never slept with her more than 5 times but would still visit her.

"I've learned to manage you but now there are five more just great"

"I'll take that as a compliment your majesty, but have you ever considered her majesty's reputation in this? If you don't visit then they'll wine to their families and would say that the empress is not letting peace in the court"

"That's stupid i rarely visit you but they never complain"

"That's because my family is thousands of miles away from the hyperion court so i have no choice but to cope with it," Vera said

"Fine but I'll only visit one, preferably lady Clifford, her father had recently helped me, but i am NOT sleeping with her"

"Don't worry just tell her you have some important emperor work to get to and she'll be fine, i can tell by the look of her that your presence is enough for her"

Johannes left Vera's palace and went to the now Madam Clifford's palace, she had already sent all the maids and servants to rest for the night since she was not expecting that johannes would visit so the whole front yard was empty. He went in and got up to her room

"His majesty has arrived!" The butler announced

"Y-your majesty? I greet the sun of hyperion"Beatrice bowed, she was at her tea table reading a book, the bed was already set for her and she would be asleep if johannes had been a few minutes late.

"At ease madam. Are you pleased with your palace?"Johannes asked

"Yes your majesty, it's more than i think i deserve in fact," She said humbly. Johannes went to the tea table and sat down on the seat in front of hers, Beatrice got a cup and served him some tea.

"This is a Chamomile tea that my father gave to me, it is known to be good for sleep and relaxation," Beatrice said, she sat in front of johannes and took a sip of her own tea, she did not seem over-excited or shy but had a special grace that one might not expect from the daughter of a viscount.

"Thank you. I don't plan on staying too long i had to leave some of my work to come here so ill be gone once I'm finished" Johannes said, he looked up at beatrice expecting to see a disappointed lady but rather saw her not even paying attention she seemed at ease with what he said.

"Yes your majesty, your work is of the utmost importance i won't keep you any longer," Beatrice said. Soon johannes was done with his tea and left her palace.

The next day > > > > > > >

"WHAT!?!?" Charlotte yelled, news of beatrice being visited had already spread and she was fuming she had waited for almost three hours before she cried herself to sleep still in her makeup.

"Unbelievable, just because her trash of a father managed to do something good for once she gets favored first? The franciff family has been loyal since day one who does she think she is?!" Charlotte yelled

"Calm down your highness, you will receive favor for sure you just need to be calm, it won't be good if his majesty hears that you threw a tantrum," Her maid said

"Hmph fine, but i must at least see who this bitch thinks she is, dress me up i need to go pay my respects to the empress and queen," Charlotte said

All the ladies came to the empress' palace where the empress and queen were seated at the same end of the table.

"Greetings to the Moon and Northern star of Hyperion" The ladies greeted

"You may rise, please have a seat, breakfast will soon be served," Mariam said

"My my lady franciff, your perfume is so. . . .nice, but such a strong scent this early in the day?" One of the concubines beside her asked

"It's my favorite scent, what's it to you?" Charlotte snapped back, she sipped the tea that was already served and caught a glance of beatrice.

"Nothing special unlike her highness the queen who has a light cocoa skin tone hers is more. . .dusty," Charlotte thought, she tried to find every possible flaw from her hair to even her eyelids, any reason to make herself feel superior to her.

The food was served and all was well for the day. As expected of johannes he never once slept with any of the concubines once in the years that passed only the queen was an exception and he would often visit and only visit the others.

Two years later 1705> > > > > >

Mariam's 29th birthday was in full swing all the nobles were in attendance and many came forward with gifts from all around the globe.

The was an endless heap of perfumes, silks, jewelry, and even some recent technology there was nothing that was not gifted to her.

"This is too much vera, can i give some to you?" Mariam said she hugged vera's hand tightly

"Unless you want your lover boy to kill me then please keep them" Vera and mariam had become visibly close which somehow helped to strengthen mariam position in the court

"Next!" The guards yelled, a strange figure in a cloaked robe came forward

"I greet your majesty the emperor, i bring forth my gift," The figure said, once it took off its cloak it revealed a blonde lady and a blonde-haired baby

"What is this nonsense?!" Johannes exclaimed

"This is your daughter, your majesty!" The lady yelled back, the crowd was confused, johannes was never the man to have bastards outside he wouldn't even sleep with the concubines he had in his harem talk less of outside. Mariam looked shocked her hands shaking and tears nearly built up in her eyes, vera took note of this and immediately got up.

"Please calm down, this woman has interrupted your enjoyment so i beg you to carry on" she addressed the crowd "Your majesty, we should get this woman somewhere private to avoid any further scandal," She said placing her hand on johannes' shoulder

"Yes, guards! cease this miscreant at once!!!" Johannes yelled, the lady was scooped off with the baby still in her grasp

"Now who are you?" Johannes asked

"Don't you remember me? when you went to Roden we. . . ."

"How dare you sully the emperor's name, his majesty only went there to inspect the damns" Vera yelled

"Wait," Mariam said, she rushed to the child and opened its eyes, the child had clear ruby red eyes, proof of her bloodline.

"It can't be i don't recall. . . ."

"Of course you don't you weren't even conscious" The lady chuckled

"Y-you wench! you drugged my husband?!" Mariam yelled she slapped the lady's face but she did not fall back despite already kneeling.

"All i want is a safe place to live, you won't really let your own daughter live on the streets would you?" The lady asked, Johannes still in shock at his unknown second child slumped on the chair next to him.

"Vera?" Mariam said looking to vera for advice

"We'll give you a title and a palace. . ." Vera said

"Fucking what?! a title to this rapist?!" Johannes yelled

"Your majesty do you have any idea what would happen to your reputation if it got out that you were defiled by a woman and did not acknowledge the child as ridiculous as it sounds that is the world we live in," Vera said

"Does this thing at least have a name?" Johannes asked

"My name is Roanna i do not have a last name" Roanna replied

"I will give you the title of the concubine of the third rank i shall name the child enisha korien hyperion. Also, promote concubine beatrice to the consort of the 3rd rank, you will reside in her palace, a woman like you is not deserving of her own" Johannes said before storming off.

The next day the promotion of consort beatrice was announced and roanna moved in.

"Hello, i am consort beatrice and who is this little cutie?" Beatrice said playing with enisha's little fingers

"Don't touch my daughter" Roanna snapped

"You wench, how dare you speak to her highness this way, you think because you gave birth to a bastard you. . ."

"Tamara! enough" Beatrice said, roanna had already left with enisha

"I'm sorry your highness but i know women like her no doubt she used some dirty tricks to conceive" Tamara scoffed

"Even a woman like her can conceive, I'm afraid i'll never have that luck in this lifetime"

Roanna was now in her room, she placed enisha on the bed as there was no baby crib yet

"See enisha i told you we would make it, now be sure to make mummy proud when you grow up and make that filthy firstborn look like nothing," Roanna said, Juliana was born in 1700 so she was already five at this time.

> > > > > > >Four years later, 1709

Mariam is holding a tea party with all the concubines and consorts of the palace,

"I wonder where vera could be," mariam said, vera was also invited to this gathering but had been unusually late

"Oh, I see her coming now, yoohoo your highness!" Charlotte called out

"Consort charlotte, such an informal manner of speech should not be used to address the queen, after her you are the next highest ranked in the imperial harem, what kind of example are you setting for others?"Mariam said

"Greetings your majesty" Vera greeted

"No need for the formalities"

"I'm sorry I am late i wasn't feeling too well this morning"Vera replied

"That's too bad, you should call for a physician the minute you get back to your palace, "Mariam said, the other ladies were chatting and eating the many treats at the table but Consort charlotte had a sunken look on her face

"Consort Charlotte why do you suddenly look so downcast?" Mariam asked

"It's just. . . .i have been rather sad lately, i always grew up loving children and have always wished for one of my own but even after serving his majesty for all these years i have not been blessed with one, i must have offended dianatea" Charlotte said whilst wiping a non-existent tear from her eye.

"Dianatea is not only the goddess of life and knowledge but also justice, she would not punish you for no reason, you will bear a child when the time is right," Mariam said, she soon told everyone to leave as the tea party was now over.

But once vera returned to her palace she immediately rushed to the bathroom and began throwing up

"Your highness!" Her older servant Fatima yelled, she cradled her in her arms and used a towel to wipe the vomit off her lips

"Dear Qamar what is going on!?!? Amina immediately call the imperial physician!!!" Fatima yelled

In a few minutes, a physician was near vera taking her pulse, the modern tests had not yet been properly put in place as a medical procedure so taking one's pulse was still the most common way to determine one's illness.

"Please tell us what is wrong with her highness, she has never been this sick since she was a child," Fatima asked frantically

". . . . . . . .forgive me, your highness, for asking this personal question, but when was your last period?" The physician asked

"You mean?. . . . . . .her highness is with child?"Amina asked, the physician got up from the chair and bowed to vera

"Congratulations your highness! You are indeed with child" The physician said

Vera was shocked, she looked at her stomach in disbelief, but she also had a gentle smile on her face.

"Please inform the empress of this" Vera said to the physician.

Meanwhile with Johannes and mariam> > >

"What are you fretting over mariam?" Johannes asked

"It's vera she said she was feeling ill but I've always known her to be a strong woman, i just hope she took my advice and sought medical attention," Mariam said

"Look at you worrying about others before yourse-"

"Your majesty!!!" The head butler burst into the room

"You dare! have you no ounce of courtesy!" Johannes yelled

"I'm terribly sorry your majesty but i bring news. . . .Her highness the queen is with child!"

"What?" Johannes asked, he was frozen still 

"Vera is with child?! really? oh, this is great news. . . isn't it johannes?" Mariam said, she noticed his expression and told the head butler to leave them alone.

"Johannes! your wife is with child are you not going to at least reply to that news?" Mariam said with a strict tone that she rarely used on anyone

"I don't know how to react" 

" Well ill give you an idea, go visit your now PREGNANT wife and at least show even the slightest bit of concern, you're not going to make the same mistake your mother did and abandoned an innocent child, at least this time you were conscious!" Mariam yelled, she pulled on johannes' ears and dragged him out the door

"And don't even think of coming back to this room till you have done justice to what i said!" Mariam yelled

Johannes went to Vera's palace where all the maids were congratulating her and sitting around vera on the ground, it was common in asphar that when a woman was pregnant her closest female friends would all sit around her and just chat somewhat like a sleepover.

Johannes told all the ladies to leave and knelt down in front of vera and placed his head on her lap listening to her stomach

"You do know there is no heartbeat yet," Vera said

"I'm aware," Johannes said bluntly, he stayed there for a while before getting up to face vera

"I. . . .I'm sorry, I should have visited you earlier it's not good to leave a pregnant woman by herself, especially in this delicate stage" Johannes said with his head slightly bowed

"Pfft. . . . .hahahaha" Vera burst out laughing, she fell back on the bed and laughed into her pillow, johannes was confused at the sudden outburst

"It's fine you idiot, and besides I'm not that delicate" Vera smiled, and she signaled for johannes who rest his head on her lap again.

A few months later she gave birth to twins a boy and a girl, Johannes named them Elias and Amari respectively. They had both red and yellow eyes due to the strength of both the aspharian and Hyperion imperial families' bloodline.

End of Flashback

"Wow what  a story," Bella said

"Yes. . .oh my it's already been an hour there i go again with my stories, but it was an hour well spent," Vera said, she sat up and signaled for a maid to bring over a box

"As a gift, i want to give you this, it's a charm bracelet that i got as a part of my dowry, it is believed to bring me luck in my marital life and i seem to have milked its luck for many years so i think you should have it," Vera said

"Thank you, your highness" Bella thanked, she curtsied and left the queen's room behind her, she soon realized that the queen was more than just a simple princess from asphar, but a precious piece of history in the palace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 2.6K 52
☆ SWAN BOOK AWARD WINNER in Special Category. !UNDER EDITING! ♡*FIRST INSTALLMENT OF Soulmate-An Unbreakable Bond SERIES*♡ CATEGORY- General Fiction...
2.6K 214 12
BOOK 1 OF THE FERAL SERIES Life always gives us what we never expected of it. She was here after five years for her sister's marriage but destiny pla...
1.4M 1.2K 1
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐬' 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★✯★ "Secrets are lethal, especially when they come dripped in murder." Trinity...
59.3K 5.1K 17
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...