[ON HOLD] Reincarnation: I Ma...

By GirlUnderSun

"Marry me. Once we're married, I will be loyal to you for life-as long as you keep me alive." Qiao Jiusheng w... More

Details
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28
29-35
36-42
43-49
50-56
57-63
64-70
71-77
78-84
85-91
92-98
99-105
106-112
113-119
120-126
127-133
134-140
141-147
148-154
155-162
163-169
170-177
178-184
185-191
192-198
199-205
213-219
220-226
227-233
234-240
241-250 (Truth Revealed)
251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)
258-264
265-272

206-212

526 13 0
By GirlUnderSun

Chapter 206: Born Dead

“Madam, we will immediately carry out resuscitation for the child and transfer him to the pediatric unit. Don’t worry too much! The child will survive—”

“No.” Qiao Jiuyin interrupted the midwife.

The midwife was stunned.

The doctor, who was suturing Qiao Jiuyin’s wound, paused as well.

They all looked at Qiao Jiuyin in surprise.

There was disbelief in their eyes.

Qiao Jiuyin did not care about her life and death and wanted to give birth to two children. Now, if the other child was saved in time, he could still live, but she chose not to…

They looked at Qiao Jiuyin with complicated expressions.

Qiao Jiuyin’s eyes were slightly red. Her eyes held grief, but also ruthlessness.

The two emotions intertwined, making her seem a little fierce and treacherous.

So what if they save the child?

He is born deformed. Instead of letting him live to be despised, it’s better…

If something happens to the child, Hu Yao would be held responsible.

After making up her mind, Qiao Jiuyin looked up at the doctor and said to him in a cold tone, “This child was born dead because of an untimely rescue.”

Everyone remained silent, feeling stunned.

Taking a deep breath, Qiao Jiuyin looked into the doctor’s eyes again and said in a ruthless tone, “This child was a stillborn, right, Doctor?”

The doctor said nothing.

The two midwives remained silent.

Qiao Jiuyin clenched her fists and endured the pain in her body. She roared, “Doctor, he was born dead, right?”

The doctor hesitated for a long time before nodding with difficulty.

“Yes.”

He could have saved the child, but now, he was an executioner.

Soon, the door to the operating theater opened.

The midwife stepped out.

The family members beside the door stood up and surrounded the midwife.

Fang Mu nervously asked the midwife, “Nurse, how’s the situation inside?”

The midwife thought of what had happened inside and felt a little guilty. She looked at Fang Mu and said in a heavy tone, “Mr. Fang, the surgery is over. Madam’s condition is fine. It’s just that the children…”

Facing everyone’s expectant and nervous gazes, she felt like a shark’s fin was stuck in her throat.

She closed her eyes and opened them again. Then, she said, “Because the delivery was not timely, one child was seriously hypoxic and was stillborn. However, the other child is fine. He was also lacking in oxygen and had to be transferred to the Intensive Care Pediatrics Hospital.”

When Fang Mu heard this, he was stunned. His heart ached.

Stillborn…

The others looked at each other with grief in their eyes.

Another two hours passed before Qiao Jiuyin was finally pushed out of the operating room. Her face was as pale as wax.

The moment Qiao Jiuyin saw Fang Mu and Fang Pingjue, she, who was supposed to be lifeless, suddenly reached out and grabbed Fang Mu’s hand. She cried. “Brother Mu, our child…” The moment she spoke, tears gushed out of her eyes.

Fang Mu looked at her with mixed feelings and guilt.

If he had not messed around outside, Qiao Jiuyin would not have to prematurely give birth; his child would not have died.

“Brother Mu, Dad, Aunt Xu, I’m sorry. I didn’t protect the children.” Qiao Jiuyin took the initiative to show weakness and did not mention Hu Yao’s mistake.

Fang Mu and Fang Pingjue could not bear to see her like this. Fang Mu consoled her, “This is not your fault. Don’t blame yourself.” Xu Pingfei also comforted Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin cried non-stop.

Wei Xin coldly looked on, her heart turning cold.

Qiao Jiuyin is such a good actress.

Chapter 207: The Fetus Is Missing

Qiao Jiusheng had witnessed the entire process of Qiao Jiuyin and Hu Yao’s argument. She was not stupid; she could see the strangeness of this matter. When she thought that this might be Qiao Jiuyin’s self-directed and self-denial show of bitterness, her mouth turned sour. Using her children to exchange for an imaginary relationship, she is really…

She could not understand Qiao Jiuyin.

He’s just another man. Was all of it necessary?

First, Qiao Jiuyin had caused a car accident to imprison her. Now, she used her children to drive Hu Yao away. She was even more frightening than an ambitious politician.

Qiao Jiuyin, who was crying, was pushed into the elevator and moved to the hospital floor.

After the nurses pushed her into the elevator, Fang Pingjue suddenly turned around and slapped Fang Mu..

Caught off-guard, Fang Mu was knocked into the wall.

“Pingjue!”

Xu Pingfei screamed in shock and quickly went forward to stop Fang Pingjue, who was about to hit Fang Mu.

Fang Mu remained silent after being slapped.

“Fang Mu, look at what you’ve done. I don’t care about you raising a woman, but you should know your limits! I want that woman to die with my grandson!” Fang Pingjue pointed at his forehead and sternly ordered, “Cut off all contact with that woman right now!”

Fang Mu was silent for a while, then said, “Yes.”

Wei Xin’s eyes flashed, and she turned around to leave.

Qiao Jiusheng quietly sat beside Fang Yusheng.

After Fang Mu, Fang Pingjue, and the rest went downstairs, Qiao Jiusheng weakly leaned on Fang Yusheng’s shoulder.

Fang Yusheng finally said his first sentence tonight.

“Don’t be afraid.”

He knew that Ah Sheng was afraid.

Qiao Jiusheng had been observing the entire incident tonight as an outsider.

Qiao Jiuyin’s methods had shocked her.

“Yusheng, hug me.” She was cold all over, so cold that her bones were cold.

Fang Yusheng hugged her.

The weather in March was not cold, but Qiao Jiusheng was so cold that she shivered in his arms.

***

Fang Mu went to the Intensive Care Pediatrics Department to settle the admission procedures for his child.

After everything was done, he found the midwife from before and said, “I want to see that child.” That child was his flesh and blood after all. Fang Mu’s conscience was not made of stone. He could not bear to think of the child who had died at birth.

The midwife’s eyes flashed with guilt.

“Mr. Fang, according to the hospital’s regulations, the child has been sent to be cremated.”

Fang Mu was stunned.

Did I not even get the chance to look at that child?

Fang Mu lowered his head and walked downstairs. There was no longer any fierce aura around him.

Seeing that Fang Mu had left, the midwife ran to ask the doctor who had operated on Qiao Jiuyin.

Pushing the door open, the midwife asked the doctor, “Dr. Liu, is that child going to be cremated?”

Dr. Liu shook his head.

The midwife was stunned for a moment, then asked, “Then what do we do?”

“The Medical University called and said that this child is deformed. They want to use it to make a human specimen.”

The midwife’s heart ached.

Could that child not even rest in peace after death?

Dr. Liu suddenly said, “Come in.”

The midwife stepped inside.

When she saw Doctor Liu take out three bank cards from his pocket, her expression changed slightly. At this moment, Doctor Liu bitterly smiled and said, “These three bank cards are for the three of you.” Back then, in the operating theater, other than him, the chief surgeon, there had been three nurses.

These bank cards contained hush money.

The midwife held the three bank cards with a heavy heart.

When she gave the card to the other two people, she saw that the two midwives looked different. Feeling strange, she asked, “What’s wrong?”

The other two people were a little flustered.

“Xiao Hui, he’s missing,” the girl called Xiao An anxiously said.

Xiao Hui was confused. “What’s missing?”

Xiao An was so afraid that she could not even speak. At this moment, the other slightly braver midwife said, “The fetus is missing!”

Xiao Hui’s expression changed.

Chapter 208: We Have to Raise It Even If We Sell Everything

Wei Shuyi received a call from the Medical University asking him to take a fetal sample from the First People’s Hospital in City B. When he arrived at the hospital, he unexpectedly found out that the fetus was missing.

Wei Shuyi felt that something was strange about this matter, so he asked for more information.

The midwife knew Wei Shuyi. After a moment of hesitation, she told him about the fetus. Knowing that the mother had abandoned the fetus, Wei Shuyi felt uncomfortable.

He took the elevator downstairs. Just as he was about to go to the parking lot, he saw two familiar people.

“Xiao Sheng?” Wei Shuyi was surprised to see Qiao Jiusheng here.

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng were about to get into the car and go home.

Upon hearing Wei Shuyi’s voice, Qiao Jiuyin turned around and raised her eyebrows in surprise. “Big Brother Wei, why are you here?”

Through his sunglasses, Fang Yusheng glanced at Wei Shuyi.

Oh, it’s the fresh meat who wore the same shirt as me.

Fang Yusheng was a little unhappy, but he did not stop Qiao Jiusheng from talking to Wei Shuyi. “Do you know him?” he asked, although he knew the answer.

Qiao Jiusheng nodded and kindly explained, “It’s Brother Wei, who I met at the mall previously.”

Fang Yusheng nodded and faced Wei Shuyi. He curiously asked him, “Why is Brother Wei here? What a coincidence to meet you at the hospital.”

Wei Shuyi wanted to correct the way he addressed him, but after thinking about it, he gave up.

Forget it! Let him address me however he wants to. It’s not like I’ll lose a piece of flesh.

“My supervisor is the director of the cardiology department in this hospital. I come to the hospital to learn from him sometimes.” Wei Shuyi walked toward them as he spoke.

When Fang Yusheng heard his explanation, he remained silent for a moment, then said, “The doctor should be off work by now.”

Wei Shuyi chuckled and said, “Yes. I’m not here to see my mentor today. I’m here to pick up a specimen.”

Qiao Jiusheng spoke before Fang Yusheng could. “A specimen?” She knew that there were human specimens in the medical school, so she asked, “Are you here to take a human sample?”

“Yeah.”

Wei Shuyi added, “There was a stillborn at the hospital today. Our medical school plans to use it as a specimen.”

Qiao Jiusheng acknowledged this and did not think that there was any problem.

On the other hand, Fang Yusheng adjusted the sunglasses on his nose and asked, “Binjiang Medical University is a renowned medical university in the country. It can’t be that they lack a stillborn specimen, right?” He frowned and doubtfully said, “Could it be that there’s something special about this specimen?”

Wei Shuyi was a little surprised.

This Young Master of the Fang family is so sharp.

Upon hearing his question, Qiao Jiusheng found it strange. When did Fang Yusheng become so talkative?

Wei Shuyi trusted Qiao Jiusheng. He recalled that Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng were husband and wife, so he did not put up any defenses. He confessed to it. “It’s a deformed fetus. I was informed that he only has three toes on his left foot. He was still breathing when he was born, but his mother refused to have him.”

Qiao Jiusheng thought: it was just three toes on his left foot. This is not a serious abnormality. If the mother gave up on the child because of this, she was ruthless.

She could not help but think of the equally ruthless Qiao Jiuyin, and her mood inexplicably became heavy.

If it were her child, she would never give him up. She would raise him even if it meant selling everything.

Fang Yusheng was silent for a moment before casually asking, “Was the child born today?”

“Yeah.” Wei Shuyi did not notice Fang Yusheng’s intentions.

Nodding, Fang Yusheng noticed that Wei Shuyi’s hands were empty, and there was a strange expression on his face. Fang Yusheng was not the only one who felt strange. Qiao Jiusheng also noticed this. She glanced at Wei Shuyi’s hands and asked him, “Did you take the specimen?”

Chapter 209: The Master is Nobody’s Fool

Wei Shuyi clicked his tongue. “The fetus is missing.” His brows furrowed, and a puzzled expression appeared on his face. “Someone actually stole the fetus. That’s strange.”

“There are all kinds of weird people,” Fang Yusheng said.

Wei Shuyi’s phone rang. The call was from the Medical University. He rejected the call, bade farewell to Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng, then called back the number.

Looking at his back, Qiao Jiusheng said to Fang Yusheng, “Who would steal a fetal corpse?”

Thinking of some rumors, Qiao Jiusheng could not help but touch her arms.

“Could anyone have… eaten it?” She felt nauseous.

Fang Yusheng patted her head. “Don’t think too much.”

They got into the car. Qiao Jiusheng was in charge of driving while Fang Yusheng sent Qi Bufan a message.

[Investigate how many fetuses were born and how many died in the First Hospital today. Focus on finding dead fetuses with deformed left feet.]

Qi Bufan was puzzled, but he still did as he was told.

When the car arrived at the house, Fang Yusheng’s phone rang.

He let Qiao Jiusheng get out of the car and remained seated in the car to talk on the phone.

“Sir, eight fetuses were born in the hospital today, but only one was stillborn. This stillborn…” Qi Bufan sounded surprised.

Before he could continue, Fang Yusheng said, “It’s Fang Mu’s child.”

Qi Bufan was silent for a second, then said, “That’s right.”

Fang Yusheng added, “The stillborn was stolen.”

Qi Bufan thought that Fang Yu was crazy. “Yeah, the hospital still hid it. They only said that they brought it to cremate.”

“Find out who stole that baby.”

Fang Yusheng did not believe that someone had stolen the stillborn and ate it.

“Okay.”

Fang Yusheng returned to the house and went upstairs to find Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng was exceptionally silent tonight. She did not even take a shower and just lay on the bed, covering herself with a thick blanket. Fang Yusheng looked at her and guessed what she was thinking. His heart ached for her.

Anyone would find it difficult to comply with a sister like Qiao Jiuyin.

In less than an hour and a half, Qi Bufan returned with some news.

Fang Yusheng covered Qiao Jiusheng with the blanket and walked downstairs.

Qi Bufan saw him and handed him a stack of photos.

“This person armed herself and entered the hospital. She stole the fetus. I followed the traffic surveillance and found her address. I went to her place to investigate. She’s a witch.” Qi Bufan pointed at the old woman who was wearing a headscarf and had white hair in the photo. He said to Fang Yusheng, “I wonder what she’s going to do with the fetus.”

Some witches could make Gurman Tongs. Qi Bufan guessed that this witch was going to make Gurman Tongs.

But Fang Yusheng did not think so.

He tapped his fingers on the table and thought for a moment. Suddenly, he said to Qi Bufan, “Check if this witch has any connection to Qiao Jiuyin.”

Qi Bufan felt that Fang Yusheng was looking for trouble, but he still did as he was told.

The next day, Qiao Jiusheng woke up with a pain in her head.

She sat by the bed for a while before changing and going downstairs.

Fang Yusheng calmly sat at the coffee table under the roof. The specks of light from the trees landed on him and shone. He had worn a light yellow shirt with his sleeves rolled up, revealing a small section of his fair arms.

Men with fair skin looked feminine, but not him.

Qiao Jiusheng stared at him for a long time.

Although it was early, just staring at him made her stomach warm.

Chapter 210: Thank God You Escaped

Noticing her gaze, Fang Yusheng turned around and waved at her. “Ah Sheng, come here.”

Like a puppy, Qiao Jiusheng walked over to him without hesitation and sat down beside him.

She picked up two cubes of sugar and threw them into the coffee cup, gently stirring them. When she tasted them, she felt that they were not bitter anymore. Only then was she satisfied.

“That child is Qiao Jiuyin’s.”

Hearing Fang Yusheng’s words, Qiao Jiusheng suddenly looked up.

“Which one?” After being stunned for a moment, she realized that Fang Yusheng was talking about the child Wei Shuyi had mentioned last night. Qiao Jiusheng’s expression became complicated. “Is it the one with a deformity?” If the child had a deformity, she could understand Qiao Jiuyin’s thoughts.

She must be thinking that since the child was abnormal, it would not matter if he died.

She could make an issue out of that child.

Qiao Jiuyin is too scheming.

“Yes.” Fang Yusheng nodded.

Perhaps because she had seen through Qiao Jiuyin, Qiao Jiusheng was calm.

However, she was sad at the thought that the child had been stolen or maybe eaten by those perverts.

Poor child!

“The child is alive.” Fang Yusheng dropped another bombshell.

Qiao Jiusheng was stunned.

“Isn’t he already dead?”

“No, the child is still breathing.” Fang Yusheng’s tone was a little stern.

Qiao Jiusheng was stunned.

The child was born alive.

But Qiao Jiuyin abandoned him!

Why?

Just to achieve her goal?

Fang Yusheng did not expect Qiao Jiuyin to be so vicious.

“She had a good plan.”

Fang Yusheng put some sugar into the soy milk and said while stirring, “The child is deformed. When he grows up, he will definitely suffer from many eye rolls. Besides, he suffered from a serious lack of oxygen. If he were saved, there would be a problem with his brain development. They hid the fact that the child was deformed and only announced to the public that the child had died because of an untimely rescue. This way, Qiao Jiuyin will not only earn Fang Mu’s heartache and guilt but also the Fang family’s sympathy. She could easily drive away Hu Yao.”

“Killing three birds with one stone.”

Fang Yusheng took a sip of soy milk and praised Qiao Jiuyin with a smile, “She’s really smart.” Although he was smiling, his eyes were very cold.

The saying that a woman’s heart is the most vicious was true.

Qiao Jiusheng could not even drink her coffee.

She felt cold all over. There was no warmth even in her fingertips.

Fang Yusheng suddenly held Qiao Jiusheng’s hand and inexplicably said, “Fortunately.”

Qiao Jiusheng looked at him in confusion.

“Fortunately, you escaped from her.” Fang Yusheng pinched Qiao Jiusheng’s hand, his brows filled with ruthlessness. “If you didn’t escape, I can’t imagine what she would’ve done to you…” Qiao Jiuyin could be so ruthless to her own child. If she had really managed to imprison Qiao Jiusheng, Ah Sheng’s outcome would be even worse.

Qiao Jiusheng looked at Fang Yusheng’s handsome face, which was filled with relief. A strong desire arose in her heart to tell him everything about her previous life!

“Yusheng, I—”

“Madam, Miss Wei called.”

Aunt Jin’s words interrupted Qiao Jiusheng, who was about to say something.

Qiao Jiusheng turned around and said to Aunt Jin, “Just come!”

Fang Yusheng asked Qiao Jiusheng, “What were you going to say just now?”

Shaking her head, Qiao Jiusheng kissed the side of his face.

Fang Yusheng was instantly lost in her kiss.

Qiao Jiusheng stood up to answer the call.

I had almost told him.

She was glad that Aunt Jin had interrupted her. If she had really said those things, Fang Yusheng would be heartbroken. He had already suffered for more than ten years. There was no need for her to create trouble for him.

Chapter 211: I’ll Be Your Backer Here

Wei Xin had called to ask Fang Yusheng for a favor and have the Fang family let Hu Yao off.

After all, this was a scheme of Qiao Jiuyin.

Although Qiao Jiusheng did not like Hu Yao, Hu Yao was someone Wei Xin had arranged after all. Logically speaking, Qiao Jiusheng could not watch her go to jail. Hence, she agreed to the request.

After hanging up the phone, she walked behind Fang Yusheng, bent down, and hugged Fang Yusheng’s shoulder from behind. “I’m going to create trouble.” Evil thoughts churned inside her mind.

Her breath brushed against his pores, and Fang Yusheng felt a little itch.

His skin was itchy, and so was his heart.

Suppressing the emotions in his heart, Fang Yusheng looked up at her and guessed what she was going to do. He smiled and held her hand. Then, he calmly said, “Go ahead. You don’t have to be afraid of turning the world upside down.” He arrogantly curled his lips with a proud expression. “With me here as your backing.”

Satisfied, Qiao Jiusheng went out alone.

After she left, Fang Yusheng remained seated at his original spot.

He lazily stirred the soy milk, but his mind was sorting out his thoughts. Qi Bufan had found many secrets the previous night. It turned out that the incident of Qiao Jiuyin being assaulted at the Jiang siblings’ birthday banquet last year was also a scheme of hers.

Fang Yusheng was a little relieved that Qiao Jiuyin and Fang Mu were not in cahoots. They had worked together to deal with him, but behind closed doors, they were fighting each other.

If Qiao Jiuyin had joined forces with Fang Mu, even Fang Yusheng would find it tough.

Oh, my Ah Sheng is still the cutest.

Fang Yusheng took a sip of his soy milk.

It was a little cold but also sweet.

***

Qiao Jiusheng went to a mother and infant shop to buy two sets of new clothes for the child. Then, she carried the clothes to the obstetrician hospital in the city.

Qiao Jiuyin could only eat some liquid food and drink some soup. She lay on the bed, her face still pale and colorless. Although Xu Pingfei did not like Qiao Jiuyin, Qiao Jiuyin had lost a child this time and had been to hell and back. Xu Pingfei did not show her any attitude.

She actually felt a little guilty. If she had known that someone would die, she would’ve stepped forward to chase away the woman called Hu Yao when Qiao Jiuyin had sent the photo to their phones.

Liu Yu’s niece-in-law had a child and underwent surgery. As Qiao Jiuyin’s aunt, Liu Yu naturally had to visit her.

When Qiao Jiusheng arrived at the hospital, Xu Pingfei and Liu Yu were talking. Fang Mu happened to be feeding Qiao Jiuyin soup.

Seeing ‘Qi Yunsheng’ arrive, Fang Mu looked up at her and nodded. Then, he got up, put away the soup bowl, and went to the bathroom to fill the bowl with hot water to wipe Qiao Jiuyin’s body.

Xu Pingfei also saw Qiao Jiusheng and smiled at her. “Yunsheng, you’re here?” Ever since the abortion incident, Xu Pingfei’s impression of Qi Yunsheng had greatly improved.

Qiao Jiusheng nodded and greeted Aunt Xu before greeting Liu Yu. Then, she placed the clothes she had bought for the child on the ward’s cabinet.

Opposite the cabinet in the ward was the washroom. Fang Mu adjusted the water temperature and looked up to see Qiao Jiusheng standing with her back facing him.

Qiao Jiusheng had worn a red lantern-sleeved waist dress today. Her black hair loosely hung behind her, and her legs were straight. Her slender back looked enchanting.

For a moment, Fang Mu thought he had seen Xiao Sheng.

The person in front of him turned around, but her face was different from Xiao Sheng’s.

Fang Mu’s heart suddenly became empty.

There is no Xiao Sheng in this world anymore.

Qiao Jiusheng did not notice Fang Mu’s gaze just now. She pointed at the outfit behind her and said to Fang Mu, “Second Brother, Yusheng and I bought two sets of clothes for your child. We haven’t washed them yet. Remember to get the servants to disinfect them.”

Fang Mu stared at her for a moment before nodding.

Chapter 212: Scare Her

Fang Mu wiped Qiao Jiuyin’s body. The other people in the ward were women, so they did not go out to avoid arousing suspicion.

The hot towel wiped away the sweat on Qiao Jiuyin’s body, and she looked up at Fang Mu.

At least at this moment, he’s concerned about me.

Qiao Jiuyin suddenly could not feel any pain.

Qiao Jiusheng cut an apple into six small pieces and handed them to Xu Pingfei and Liu Yu. The two of them took the apple slices. They were about to eat the slices when they heard Qiao Jiusheng say, “When I came to the hospital, I heard a strange thing.”

Liu Yu asked, “What?”

Qiao Jiusheng had her back facing the window of the ward, and she faced the door. From the corner of her eye, she could see Qiao Jiuyin and Fang Mu on the bed. She noticed that Qiao Jiuyin was also eavesdropping and chuckled in her heart. Then, she continued, “Last night, our hospital lost something.”

A mysterious smile appeared on her face as she said this.

Xu Pingfei and Liu Yu looked at each other and could hear the deeper meaning in Qiao Jiusheng’s words.

What could the hospital lose?

The hospital only had only medical equipment and… bodies.

“What is it?” Liu Yu tightly asked.

When Qiao Jiusheng saw that Fang Mu was also paying attention to the conversation, the corners of her lips curled up. She said in a surprised tone, “I heard that we lost a stillborn last night in this hospital.” Qiao Jiusheng deliberately lowered her tone. Combined with the content of her words, it sounded a little creepy.

It was broad daylight, yet Qiao Jiuyin felt a chill run down her spine.

As soon as Qiao Jiusheng said the word “stillborn,” the expressions of the rest changed.

Qiao Jiuyin already had something on her mind. The moment she heard that she had lost the stillborn, she fell into a panic. However, she could not let Fang Mu see anything unusual, so she could only endure it.

Fang Mu frowned.

His sister-in-law was not a fool. She should not have mentioned this topic casually at this time; it was deliberate. Xu Pingfei and Liu Yu thought of Qiao Jiuyin’s miscarriage. They could not help but gently pull Qiao Jiusheng’s skirt and used their eyes to signal her to stop talking.

If she continued, Qiao Jiuyin would probably feel uncomfortable.

Qiao Jiusheng obediently stopped talking.

Seeing that Qiao Jiusheng had shut up, Qiao Jiuyin was about to heave a sigh of relief when suddenly, Fang Mu, who was wiping her neck, asked, “How did they lose it?”

Fang Mu had taken the initiative to ask. This was exactly what Qiao Jiusheng wanted.

She shook her head and said, “I only heard about it unintentionally. It was said that among the newborns born yesterday, there had been a deformed child. I think he was missing two toes on his left foot. It was quite pitiful. He was born a stillborn.”

Realizing that Qiao Jiuyin had become uneasy, Qiao Jiusheng sneered in her heart and continued, “Originally, the Medical University planned to use the stillborn as a baby specimen, but they realized that the stillborn was accidentally lost. Now, many people know that a stillborn was lost in the hospital.”

Even after hearing Qiao Jiusheng’s words, Fang Mu did not say anything, but his eyes were filled with coldness and suspicion.

Qiao Jiusheng saw Fang Mu remain silent and understood that she had achieved her goal. She knew Fang Mu very well. Fang Mu had a cautious and suspicious personality. What she had said just now had revealed many suspicious details. Following his suspicious character, Fang Mu would definitely investigate the truth.

Qiao Jiuyin was scared.

A deformed child missing two toes on his left foot, who was also a stillborn!

Every word pointed at the child she had ruthlessly abandoned.

Due to her guilt toward that child and her fear of others discovering the truth, Qiao Jiuyin’s back was covered in sweat.

“Are you very hot?” Fang Mu stared at her forehead with a gloomy expression and asked in a cold tone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 111K 42
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
571K 46.9K 22
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
1.5M 129K 45
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
1.2M 66K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...