[ON HOLD] Reincarnation: I Ma...

GirlUnderSun tarafından

"Marry me. Once we're married, I will be loyal to you for life-as long as you keep me alive." Qiao Jiusheng w... Daha Fazla

Details
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28
29-35
36-42
43-49
50-56
57-63
64-70
71-77
78-84
85-91
92-98
99-105
106-112
113-119
120-126
127-133
134-140
141-147
148-154
155-162
170-177
178-184
185-191
192-198
199-205
206-212
213-219
220-226
227-233
234-240
241-250 (Truth Revealed)
251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)
258-264
265-272

163-169

558 17 1
GirlUnderSun tarafından

Chapter 163: Were You the One Who Aborted the Baby?

All the people at the dinner knew that Fang Yusheng was a lunatic. When he was quiet, he was like a young monk dedicated to kindness. However, when he was crazy, he was like a wild dog.

His actions and words were unreasonable.

Fang Qingyun’s eyes turned red, partly from anger and partly from pain.

Her fingers trembled as she pointed at Fang Yusheng. With a little ruthless expression, she said, “Fang Yusheng, I hope you can still smile later. Aren’t you curious what your devoted wife has done behind your back?”

These words made everyone’s expressions turn confused.

From what Fang Qingyun said, it seemed like Qiao Jiusheng had done something shameful behind Fang Yusheng’s back. When they thought about the rumors Fang Qingyun had just brought up, they couldn’t help but guess that Qi Yunsheng had cheated on Fang Yusheng.

Fang Mu finally gave Qiao Jiusheng a look.

He was the one who had spread the rumors the last time. He actually knew very well that although it looked like Qi Yunsheng and that man were in a relationship, they were actually unrelated. Otherwise, he would’ve spread this news to the entire city.

He looked at his sister-in-law and became curious about what had happened to make his aunt so angry at her.

Xie Rujiao brought the first-aid kit over and handed a ball of cotton to her mother.

Fang Qingyun covered her bleeding nose with cotton, then said to Xie Wei, who was watching the commotion from the other table, “Weiwei, pick up the phone and give it to me.”

Xie Wei slowly stood up, picked up the phone, and handed it to Fang Qingyun.

Fang Qingyun’s hand was still stained with the blood from her nose. She did not even wipe her hand as she took the phone and unlocked it. The colorful message was opened. The building was very quiet, and everyone watched her movements with curiosity.

What secret is she hiding on her phone?

Qiao Jiuyin lowered her head. Everyone was paying attention to Fang Qingyun, so no one noticed the smile on her lips. Only Fang Mu inadvertently saw it and raised his eyebrows.

“Pingjue, look, this is the hospital’s record. I didn’t fake it!” Fang Qingyun arrogantly said as she handed the phone to Fang Pingjue.

Hospital records?

Fang Pingjue frowned and impatiently looked at the phone screen.

Xu Pingfei, who was beside him, could not hold back her curiosity. She followed over to take a look.

Fang Yusheng frowned. What did Fang Qingyun show Father?

Ever since Qiao Jiusheng had heard the words “hospital” and “records,” her expression had changed. She thought of something, and her thoughts became a mess.

I have only been to the hospital recently because…

On the other table, Fang Yuqing’s face turned pale.

After seeing the contents of the message, Fang Pingjue slammed his fist on the table.

Bang!

He slammed the table so hard that the utensils on the table trembled.

Qiao Jiusheng’s and Fang Yuqing’s hearts trembled.

“Qi Yunsheng, let me ask you! Is this true?” Fang Pingjue’s malicious eyes shot at Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng stopped covering her forehead.

Since she was uncertain whether the truth had been exposed or not, she still feigned a calm expression. She looked at the angry Fang Pingjue and calmly asked him, “Dad, what are you talking about?”

When Fang Pingjie saw that she was still pretending, his anger deepened. He turned over the phone, aimed the screen at Qiao Jiusheng, and shouted, “Did you get an abortion at the hospital three months ago?”

Qiao Jiusheng could see the contents of the message clearly from afar.

It was the record slip from the hospital’s outpatient doctor.

She turned silent.

Chapter 164: Never Divorce Her in This Lifetime

When the others heard Fang Pingjue’s words, they revealed shocked expressions.

Even Fang Ping, who loved to watch the commotion, shut his mouth.

They were not fools. When Fang Qingyun had asked Fang Yusheng and Qi Yunsheng why they did not have a child yet, Fang Yusheng had said that they would have one soon. This meant that he wanted a child. However, Fang Pingjue had just said that Qi Yunsheng had an abortion at the hospital three months ago.

Three months ago…

Everyone knew that Fang Yusheng had gone to America three months ago.

The husband wanted a child. Yet, when he just left home and the country, his wife went to the hospital for an abortion. What was hidden behind this? Naturally, it made people’s imaginationsrun wild.

All of them looked at the involved parties.

Qiao Jiusheng remained silent and did not refute. Fang Yusheng frowned and did not say anything as well. However, there was no anger on his face, only confusion.

He naturally trusted Qiao Jiusheng.

Moreover, he was certain that Qiao Jiusheng’s first time had been him.

Then, why is there a record of Qiao Jiusheng having an abortion in the hospital?

When Fang Pingjue saw that Qiao Jiusheng refused to speak, his expression became more and more difficult to look at. He asked again, “Let me ask you again. Is it true or not!”

Fang Yuqing tightly gripped her pants and bit her lip. She trembled from head to toe.

Just as she was about to admit it, she heard Qiao Jiusheng say, “Yes.”

Qiao Jiusheng had admitted to the offense.

This answer was both expected and unexpected.

Fang Yuqing suddenly looked up and stared at her elder sister-in-law, who was taking the blame for her. Her eyes gradually turned misty.

Seeing that Qiao Jiusheng really admitted it, Fang Pingjue snorted. He pointed at Fang Yusheng and scolded him. “Fang Yusheng, look at what you’ve married!

“How dare she mess around outside behind your back? She even got pregnant with someone else’s child. Hurry up and divorce her. My Fang family can’t have a woman like this!” Fang Pingjue could not be bothered to look at Qiao Jiusheng. He acted as if looking at her even once would make him blind.

Hence, he vented all his anger on Fang Yusheng.

Hearing Fang Pingjue’s words, the others in the room did not dare to breathe too loudly.

Divorce…

This is serious.

Some people had gloating expressions in their eyes, while others looked at Qiao Jiusheng with disdain. Most people felt pity for Fang Yusheng.

Such a good Brother Yusheng actually married such an indecent woman.

Only Fang Yuqing’s face was ashen.

Fang Yusheng remained silent.

It was impossible for him to divorce Qiao Jiusheng.

Although he did not know what was going on, he believed in her.

When Fang Pingjue saw his eldest son remain silent, his face turned red with anger. “Fang Yusheng, everything is in front of you. Are you still unwilling to divorce this woman?”

Fang Yusheng said clearly, “Yes.”

“You!”

Fang Pingjue expected better from his son. “This lowly woman did such a shameless thing, yet you refuse to divorce her! Are you a man or not!”

Even though Fang Pingjue scolded him for not being a man, Fang Yusheng insisted on not getting a divorce. His expression remained calm. He heard people secretly discussing him and Qiao Jiusheng. Suddenly, he reached out and touched Qiao Jiusheng’s hand in the air.

Qiao Jiusheng lowered her eyes and looked at Fang Yusheng’s hand. At this moment, her heart only beat for him.

Fang Yusheng kissed the back of her hand, looked up, and slowly said, word for word, “No. I don’t mind what she has done. Even if these things are true, even if her origins are unknown, even if her family is poor, I, Fang Yusheng, will never divorce her in this lifetime.” He directed these words to Fang Pingjue and also to everyone in the Fang family.

Qiao Jiusheng refused to admit it, but Fang Yusheng’s words had touched and moved her heart.

Chapter 165: It’s Me

When they heard Fang Yusheng’s words, some people showed their disdain.

Qiao Jiuyin looked down at the fruit juice in front of her. She was unwilling, but she also yearned for it.

Both men were from the Fang family, yet why was Fang Yusheng so protective of his wife, unlike Fang Mu, who…

Qi Yunsheng is really lucky.

“Shameless!”

“How shameless!”

Fang Pingjue got so angry that he did not know what to say. He scolded Fang Yusheng for being shameless twice, but his anger didn’t subside. Suddenly, he picked up the plate in front of him and threw it at Fang Yusheng without blinking.

“Yusheng!”

“Brother Yusheng!”

Fang Ping and a few other juniors exclaimed when they saw this scene.

Fang Yusheng could not see. Therefore, when he heard someone shout, he felt that something had been thrown at him.

With his cane still in his hand, he planned to silently withstand Fang Pingjue’s critical hit.

At this moment, Qiao Jiusheng suddenly stood up and came before Fang Yusheng.

The plate hit her waist.

Qiao Jiusheng grunted, but she still tightly hugged Fang Yusheng.

Fang Pingjue casually picked up a few more bowls. However, before he could throw them out, Fang Pingjun, who had been watching the commotion, stood up and hugged him. He gave Xu Pingfei a look, and Xu Pingfei snatched the bowls from her husband’s hands. She repeatedly said, “Pingjue, the child is so big. Don’t hit him like that.”

Fang Ping also said, “Big Brother, Sister-in-law Lisa will be sad to know that you hit her only child.”

Fang Pingjue, who already felt guilty toward Lisa, only stopped when he heard his second brother mention Lisa.

He glanced at Fang Yusheng and saw Fang Yusheng. Fang Yusheng was hugging Qiao Jiusheng and gently asking her if she was injured. The way he treated her like a treasure made Fang Pingjue even angrier. He took a deep breath, pointed at the door, and said to his son, “Fang Yusheng, take this shameless woman, and get out of my Fang family!”

Fang Yusheng rubbed Qiao Jiusheng’s waist, and his heart ached.

He immediately stood up.

“Sure.”

Holding Qiao Jiusheng’s hand, he turned around to leave.

Seeing his son really leaving, Fang Pingjue felt his chest become stuffy.

He stared at Fang Yusheng’s back and became furious. He suddenly roared, “Fang Yusheng, if you bring her out of this house tonight, you can forget about coming in here again!”

These words shocked everyone.

Is he trying to cut ties with him?

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng fell silent at the same time.

When Fang Yusheng stopped, Fang Pingjue thought that his words had frightened his son.

After all, although Fang Yusheng was a favored child in the past, ever since he could not see, he had become a vermin in the family. How could he stand firm after leaving the Fang family? Staying in the Fang family was the smart choice. Fang Pingjue thought that he had won, but he then saw Fang Yusheng slowly turn around.

Fang Yusheng deeply looked at Fang Pingjue, then at Fang Mu, who was silently sitting at the table. Thinking of his grandfather, who had suddenly died, Fang Yusheng sighed.

“Dad.” His tone turned serious.

Fang Pingjue could not help but be stunned.

Fang Yusheng bowed to him. “Although you let my mother down and never cared for me, I still have to thank you for giving me a life.”

Fang Pingjue’s eyebrows jumped.

Fang Yusheng then stood up and said, “Dad, take care. Ah Sheng and I are leaving.”

As soon as he finished speaking, he held Qiao Jiusheng’s hand and strode toward the door.

Qiao Jiusheng felt terrible as she held his hand.

She had always known that Fang Yusheng did not have a good relationship with his father and that the two of them often went against each other. However, Fang Yusheng did not have a mother, and Fang Pingjue was his only family. He actually still cared about his father. Now that he had completely broken off ties with the Fang family for her, it seemed he was merely faking indifference.

However, even so, Qiao Jiusheng did not plan to let go of Fang Yusheng’s hand.

If she let go, where could she find such a good man?

Everyone watched in shock as the two of them walked toward the door without looking back.

Some were impressed, some shook their heads, and some felt regretful.

Just as Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng were about to reach the entrance, Fang Yuqing, who had been sitting at the neighboring table, suddenly stood up.

“Qingqing, what are you doing?” The older brother, Fang Yu’an, saw his sister get up. He pulled her clothes, hinting to her to not get involved.

Fang Yuqing removed her brother’s hand. She looked up and said to Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng, “Brother Yusheng, don’t leave.”

Fang Yusheng frowned but stopped.

Fang Yuqing, who had suddenly spoken, attracted everyone’s attention.

“Qingqing, you…” Xu Pingfei wanted her daughter to keep quiet. However, Fang Yuqing suddenly turned around to look at her and Fang Pingjue. Seeing Fang Yuqing’s teary eyes, Xu Pingfei choked and could not say anything.

For some reason, Fang Yuqing’s crying expression made Xu Pingfei’s heart jump.

Fang Yuqing suddenly knelt.

Her actions stunned everyone.

Fang Qingyun, Xu Pingfei, and Fang Pingjue said at the same time, “Qingqing, what are you doing!”

Looks of realization appeared on the faces of Fang Ping and Fang Mu.

Qiao Jiuyin looked at Fang Yuqing, who had suddenly knelt, and subconsciously frowned.

Something is wrong.

“Dad, Mom.” Fang Yuqing looked up at her parents, her eyes red. As she cried, she said, “Don’t chase away Brother Yusheng and Sister-in-law Yunsheng away. You guys have wronged Sister-in-law Yunsheng.”

Upon hearing this, everyone realized that something was wrong.

“Qingqing, do you know what you’re talking about?” Xu Pingfei asked.

Fang Yuqing tightly closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes again. She said, “The one who had an abortion was me.”

Chapter 166: Who Is That Man?

The hall became so quiet that one could hear the sound of breathing.

Qiao Jiusheng slowly closed her eyes.

Silly girl, I already took the blame for you. Why are you still standing up for me…

Shock filled Xu Pingfei’s and her husband’s eyes.

Even Fang Qingyun was stunned.

Qiao Jiuyin opened her mouth in shock.

She carefully recalled the scene she had seen that day. Qi Yunsheng had gone to the hospital with Fang Yuqing. If Qi Yunsheng really wanted to have an abortion behind Fang Yusheng’s back, she should’ve done it secretly. Why would she have brought Fang Yuqing along! I know how much Fang Yuqing likes Fang Yusheng. If Fang Yuqing knew about that, she would definitely tell Fang Yusheng.

As Qiao Jiuyin thought about it, she realized she was mistaken from the start.

Fang Yuqing was still underage. If she wanted to go to the hospital to get an abortion, she needed an adult with her. This could explain why Qi Yunsheng would rather be wronged than admit that someone else had the abortion.

After all, if she denied it, she would expose Fang Yuqing.

Fang Yuqing was still young. If this matter was exposed, her life would be ruined.

Xu Pingfei refused to believe that her obedient daughter would do such a thing. She opened her mouth to cry, but she had to hold it in.

“Qingqing, tell Mom the truth. You’re lying, right?” Xu Pingfei refused to accept this.

Fang Yuqing shook her head. “Mom, I’m sorry.”

As soon as she said that, everyone saw Fang Pingjue quickly walk over and slap Fang Yuqing.

The sound of the slap made everyone’s heart jump.

Fang Pingjue hadn’t held back his strength. Due to the slap, the thin Fang Yuqing fell to the ground.

At this moment, Fang Mu, Fang Yu’an, and Fang Yusheng moved at the same time.

Fang Yu’an was the first to move. He was the first to protect his sister and took the remaining two slaps for her.

Fang Mu grabbed Fang Pingjue’s hand. “Dad, stop hitting them!”

Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng pulled up the siblings and shielded them.

The others stood up as well. Some advised Fang Pingjue to not get angry, while others protected Fang Yuqing. Some even asked Fang Yuqing who that man was.

***

The gathering ended on bad terms. Xie Qingyun left with Fang Qingyun and his children. Fang Ping also left with his wife and children. In the main house, only Fang Mu, Fang Yusheng, and his wife were left.

Fang Pingjue was a shrewd person, so he quickly calmed down and understood everything.

Xu Pingfei sat at the side and secretly wiped her tears. Fang Yuqing was still kneeling on the ground. Due to the slap, her left cheek had swollen.

Qiao Jiusheng was concerned about Fang Yuqing, and she felt uneasy.

The thing that made her uneasy was not Fang Yuqing’s red, swollen face, but her lifeless eyes.

Those eyes looked soulless and devoid of all hope.

This matter had been exposed. The truth would eventually come out. When this news would get out, Fang Yuqing’s reputation would be ruined. In the future, what good family could she find? Even in an arranged marriage, no one would want her.

Fang Pingjue sighed and asked Fang Yuqing, “Who is that man?”

Fang Yuqing lowered her head and did not speak.

Seeing his daughter remain silent, Fang Pingjue only snorted and said, “Even if you don’t say his name, I can still find out.”

Fang Yuqing’s face turned pale.

“Wan Lang, send her back to her room.”

Wan Lang was shocked. Sending Fang Yuqing back to her room did not simply mean to send her back to her room. The deeper meaning was that she would be imprisoned.

As Wan Lang brought Fang Yuqing back to her room, she was very cooperative.

Fang Pingjue was satisfied with her obedient look, but Qiao Jiusheng became even more uneasy.

Chapter 167: As White as a Pig

Obviously, Fang Pingjue had not been joking. He sent someone to investigate the matter that very night.

Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng returned to their house. Qiao Jiusheng told Fang Yusheng everything that had happened. After explaining all that, she asked him, “What should Qingqing do?”

Instead of answering her question, Fang Yusheng said, “Aunt Jin, bring me the medicinal wine.”

He pressed Qiao Jiusheng onto the sofa again.

Aunt Jin brought over the medicinal wine, listened to Fang Yusheng’s instructions, then returned to her room.

Fang Yusheng opened his eyes.

He saw the small bump on his wife’s forehead, and his face turned cold. “If anyone hits you in the future, will you hit them back?”

Qiao Jiusheng smiled and asked, “If your father hits me?”

“…” Fang Yusheng thought for a while and said, “Then run.”

Qiao Jiusheng burst out laughing. “You’re so filial.”

Fang Yusheng said, “It’s not that I’m filial, but rather, you can’t beat him. Since you can’t win, run. Don’t suffer too much.”

“Your father will be sad to hear this.”

Fang Yusheng remained silent.

He rubbed her forehead for a long time, then pulled up her clothes. As he stared at the bruises on her waist. his eyes flashed with heartache, but there was more warmth. This was evidence that she protected him.

It was like a photo that could be used as memory.

“Does it hurt?” Fang Yusheng rubbed her waist, and Qiao Jiusheng immediately grimaced.

“Of course, it hurts.”

Fang Yusheng suddenly asked again, “Did it hurt the first time we met?”

Qiao Jiusheng was momentarily stunned, then realized that he was referring to the two whips.

Her expression immediately darkened.

“Do you think it hurts? Even if it hit a pig, it’d still hurt, let alone me.” Qiao Jiusheng pointed at her waist and proudly said, “My skin is fair and tender, so I can’t take a beating.”

Fang Yusheng touched her skin and smiled.

“Yes, it’s quite white. Like a pig.” A pig’s skin was indeed quite fair.

Qiao Jiusheng glared at him.

Fang Yusheng knew when to stop. He massaged her waist and thought of the question she had asked. “If that man is of equal social status, then Qingqing will most likely marry him. If he’s a poor lad, I’m afraid…”

Fang Yusheng’s words were very conservative, but Qiao Jiusheng was also a lady from a wealthy family. Therefore, she naturally understood what he meant.

If the child’s father was a boy of equal social status, Fang Pingjue would definitely let his daughter and that boy get married no matter what. Even if the boy was young, they would get engaged. However, if he was a poor boy, Fang Pingjue would probably not let him off easy.

Qiao Jiusheng added, “I’m quite worried about Qingqing.”

Fang Yusheng did not say anything. He was actually a little worried about Fang Yuqing too.

This matter had suddenly been exposed in front of everyone. No one knew if Fang Yuqing could withstand it.

***

The next day, Jiang Wei took a car to the school. Just as he got out of the car, he saw Fang Yu’an leaning against the locust tree at the school entrance. Jiang Wei was on good terms with Fang Yu’an. He walked over and asked him, “Brother An, are you not going to class today?”

Fang Yu’an was in university. So him coming to the middle school entrance meant something was going on.

Fang Yu’an looked worried. He gazed at Jiang Wei and asked, “Jiang Wei, are we brothers?”

“Of course.”

“Then, you have to honestly tell me something.”

Jiang Wei’s expression turned serious. “Ask away.”

“Who’s Qingqing’s boyfriend?”

Jiang Wei was stunned.

He did not expect Fang Yu’an to ask this question.

However, he still told him everything he knew. “From what I know, Qingqing and her boyfriend have already broken up.”

“Who is that fellow?” Fang Yu’an’s tone was ruthless.

Jiang Wei realized that something was wrong and asked, “Did something happen?”

Chapter 168: Thank You for Being With Me

Fang Yu’an stared at Jiang Wei. The ruthlessness on his face was replaced by pity. He wiped his face before saying, “Qingqing became pregnant with that person’s child.”

Jiang Wei was stunned.

His heart suddenly ached.

He felt an indescribable and inexplicable pain.

“Did Qingqing tell you who that person is?” Jiang Wei asked Fang Yu’an.

Shaking his head, Fang Yu’an replied, “She refused to tell me. In fact, I’m very worried about her.” From last night until now, Fang Yuqing had been locked inside her room. This morning, Fang Yu’an had gone to look for her. However, no matter what he asked, Fang Yuqing refused to answer him.

“I-I don’t know who he is either,” Jiang Wei vaguely said. “I knew that she was in love, but I don’t know who the other person is. Qingqing only told me about this after they broke up.”

“Really?”

“Really!”

After Fang Yu’an left, Jiang Wei walked into the school with his school bag.

Along the way, he was in a daze.

He did not listen to the teacher’s lesson the entire morning; he just sat in the classroom, his mind in a mess.

After school, in the afternoon, he called Fang Yuqing. His call went through, but no one picked up. Jiang Wei refused to give up. He called a few more times. Finally, on the fifth time, his call got picked up.

“Yuqing?” Jiang Wei said in a careful voice.

Silence reigned on the other end for a long time before Fang Yuqing’s quiet voice came through the phone. “It’s me.” She sounded like she was in pain.

“Are you okay?” Jiang Wei sat on the long stone chair in the school and did not dare to speak loudly.

“I’m alright.”

Without knowing what to say, Jiang Wei remained silent but did not hang up.

On the other end, Fang Yuqing did not hang up the phone either.

After a long time, Jiang Wei spoke.

“I heard about you.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t be sad.”

“Yeah.”

“Your brother came to me.”

Fang Yuqing asked, “Did you tell him?”

Jiang Wei laughed. “It seems like you know why he’s looking for me.”

Fang Yuqing remained silent.

Jiang Wei said, “I didn’t tell him. Since you didn’t tell me, you must have your reasons.”

Upon hearing this, Fang Yuqing fell silent. A moment later, Jiang Wei heard Fang Yuqing say thank you. When he asked what she was thanking him for, Fang Yuqing said, “Thank you for being willing to accompany me.”

Jiang Wei frowned. He felt that something was wrong. However, he then heard Fang Yuqing say, “Jiang Wei, can you do me a favor?”

“Tell me.”

“If you see Hu Cheng, remember to beat him up.” She thought for a while and added, “Don’t kill him. Just give him a good beating.”

Jiang Wei laughed. “Okay.”

He seemed to hear Fang Yuqing grunt. Jiang Wei quickly asked, “What’s wrong?”

“N-Nothing.” Fang Yuqing’s voice was getting softer and softer.

Jiang Wei’s frown deepened. “Fang Yuqing, are you feeling unwell?”

“No.” Fang Yuqing suddenly chuckled. She asked Jiang Wei, “Do you know how to sing ‘Girl, Don’t Cry’?”

Jiang Wei burst into laughter. “I do. Why? Do you want to hear it?”

“Ah! Can… can you sing it for me?”

Jiang Wei did not say anything.

Fang Yuqing remained silent.

The school was very quiet. Jiang Wei’s lips quivered as he awkwardly hummed the bright song, “Girl, Don’t Cry.”

Guess, who caused your heart to ache? Who made you cry?

What I Can Do

Gently, comfort your heartache and blow on your wound

Don’t Cry

If you are sad tell me

Don’t Cry

I don’t want to see you cry

Holding back tears

Even if in this life

I can only be your friend

Jiang Wei’s voice was not pleasant, nor was he good at singing. However, he still finished the song very seriously.

After Jiang Wei finished the song, he did not hear Fang Yuqing speak. So he asked, “Why? Is it so bad that you fell asleep?”

There was silence on the other end.

“Fang Yuqing?

“Yuqing?

“Qingqing?”

Jiang Wei called out a few times. No one spoke on the other end, but he could hear the sound of water. He thought about the tone and content of her words and felt like something bad had happened. His expression suddenly changed. Jiang Wei suddenly stood up, grabbed his bag, and ran out of the school.

***

Qiao Jiusheng had heard that Fang Yuqing did not eat anything today.

Worried, she went to the main house to see Fang Yuqing.

Xu Pingfei was fretting over a few plates of food. When she saw ‘Qin Yunsheng,’ she quickly stood up and said, “Yunsheng, thank God you’re here. Go and persuade Qingqing to eat something.”

“Okay.”

The two of them carried the dishes upstairs together.

After knocking on the door, Qiao Jiusheng said, “Qingqing, open the door. Sister-in-law is talking to you.”

There was no movement inside.

Xu Pingfei said, “Previously, when I knocked on her door, she was the same and ignored me. This girl doesn’t even eat. She’s worrying me to death.”

When Qiao Jiusheng heard her words, she felt uneasy.

Frowning, she asked, “Aunt Xu, how long has she been like this?”

Xu Pingfei was stunned.

When she realized what Qiao Jiusheng meant, her expression changed. “You mean…” Xu Pingfei widened her eyes in disbelief. “N-No.” She slammed the door and kept calling Fang Yuqing’s name, but she did not get a reply.

Qiao Jiusheng felt that something was wrong. She quickly took out her phone to call Fang Yusheng and asked him to send over Qi Bufan.

Qi Bufan ran over without delay. He arrived at the house with a chainsaw.

“Move.”

Qiao Jiusheng took Xu Pingfei and the servants away.

Qi Bufan sawed open the door with a chainsaw, leaving a huge hole in the door. He entered the room but did not see Fang Yuqing. Qiao Jiusheng, Xu Pingfei, and the servants entered one after another. Seeing no one inside the room, Qiao Jiusheng and Xu Pingfei slowly opened the bathroom door with pale faces.

“Ah—”

Xu Pingfei was so frightened that she fell to the ground.

Qiao Jiusheng was also shocked.

The bathtub was filled with warm water. The water had turned red. In her nightgown, Fang Yuqing was lying in the bathtub. Her wrists were still bleeding.

Chapter 169: Mother’s Heart Hurts the Most

The warm water in the bathtub was almost stained red with blood.

The water filled the bathtub and fell all over the floor. A phone was soaked in water on the floor.

“Oh my god!” Xu Pingfei came back to her senses and screamed, “My Qingqing!” Her legs trembled from fear. If not for Wan Lang supporting her, she would’ve fallen to the ground.

Soon, Qiao Jiusheng also recovered from her shock.

She immediately said, “I’ll drive. Butler Wan, call the hospital and ask them to prepare for n emergency surgery.” She then looked at Qi Bufan. “Bufan, I’ll leave this to you.” Qi Bufan instantly understood what she meant.

He strode into the bathroom, grabbed a long towel, and tightly tied Fang Yuqing’s wrists. Then, hugging Fang Yuqing, he ran out of the house.

Qiao Jiusheng drove her car to the house. Fang Yusheng sat in the front passenger seat with a cold expression. Qi Bufan carried the unconscious Fang Yuqing into the back passenger seat. Qiao Jiusheng felt as if she had been pierced by a needle. She took Fang Yuqing to the hospital in the shortest time possible.

Everything she was worried about had happened.

A taxi arrived at the Fang residence, and Jiang Wei jumped out of the car immediately after paying the fare. Just as he was about to press the Fang family’s doorbell, the door suddenly opened. Wan Lang helped the crying Xu Pingfei out with hurried footsteps.

Jiang Wei saw the tears on Xu Pingfei’s face, and his heart fell to the bottom.

Xu Pingfei had always been elegant and calm. This was the first time Jiang Wei had seen her lose her composure.

“Butler Wan, did something happen to Yuqing?” Jiang Wei held Wan Lang’s hand and asked with a trembling voice.

Wan Lang sent Xu Pingfei to the car. He was in a hurry to get inside the car as well. When he heard Jiang Wei’s words, he replied, “Miss, she…” Suddenly, he recalled that family scandals could not be made public. Thus, Wan Lang hurriedly covered his mouth. He was about to close the door when Jiang Wei squeezed into the car at the last minute.

“I’ll go too,” Jiang Wei said to Wan Lang.

Wan Lang looked at him and did not say anything.

Xu Pingfei was in a hurry to go to the hospital. She ignored Jiang Wei and only urged the driver. “Drive faster to the hospital.”

On the way to the hospital, Xu Pingfei kept crying and muttering words like “my fault” and “She can’t die.” Jiang Wei’s heart skipped a beat.

A team of people rushed to the hospital and went straight to the emergency building.

When they arrived at the emergency room, the door was tightly closed. Qiao Jiusheng, Fang Yusheng, and Qi Bufan were sitting together. Qiao Jiusheng was wearing a spring dress. Her dress and chest were covered in blood. Qi Bufan’s hands and arms were also stained with blood.

Looking at the red fabric, Jiang Wei opened his mouth. His heart skipped a beat.

That blood is from Fang Yuqing.

He finally understood why Fang Yuqing sounded so soft and pained on the phone. He also understood why Fang Yuqing wanted him to sing “Girl, Don’t Cry.”

When he thought that the young girl inside the emergency room might die, Jiang Wei could not help but cover his face with his hand. He squatted in the corner and blamed himself.

Xu Pingfei covered her mouth as she sat on the iron chair, still crying. “It’s all my fault. We shouldn’t have locked her up. I forced her to die!” Xu Pingfei’s heart ached so much that she pounded her chest. “If I had realized something was wrong, nothing would have happened to Qingqing.

“Silly Qingqing, my silly daughter, I’m not blaming you. Why did you do this?” She punched her chest and cried.

Qiao Jiusheng watched her and did not know what to say.

She looked at Fang Yusheng, who was tensed up beside her. Fang Yusheng has always been on good terms with Fang Yuqing, so he should also be feeling terrible right now. Qiao Jiusheng reached out and covered the back of Fang Yusheng’s tightly clenched left hand. Fang Yusheng’s body moved, but he did not speak.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

535K 8K 32
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...
1.8M 45.7K 67
When Ana confronts her new neighbour after being kept up all night by his sex noises, she's mortified to discover he's none other than Freddie-the po...
251K 28.5K 73
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
680K 36K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...