[ON HOLD] Reincarnation: I Ma...

Door GirlUnderSun

"Marry me. Once we're married, I will be loyal to you for life-as long as you keep me alive." Qiao Jiusheng w... Meer

Details
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28
29-35
36-42
43-49
50-56
64-70
71-77
78-84
85-91
92-98
99-105
106-112
113-119
120-126
127-133
134-140
141-147
148-154
155-162
163-169
170-177
178-184
185-191
192-198
199-205
206-212
213-219
220-226
227-233
234-240
241-250 (Truth Revealed)
251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)
258-264
265-272

57-63

902 26 1
Door GirlUnderSun

Chapter 57: Loving What You Love, Hating What You Hate (1)

Qiao Jiusheng’s eyelashes trembled a little. She lowered her head, afraid that someone would notice the water in her eyes.

Suddenly, the arm around her waist tightened. Then, Fang Yusheng’s voice entered her ears. “Qi Yunsheng, what are you doing?”

Qiao Jiusheng suddenly regained her senses.

She turned around and looked up, revealing a beautiful face. Smoky makeup covered her face, and one could tell that she should’ve looked pure and beautiful. Qiao Jiusheng smiled at Qiao Sen and Qiao Yunfan, then said in a low voice, “I believe that this gentleman is the eldest brother of the Qiao family. Then, this elder should be Old Master Qiao, right?”

As Qiao Jiusheng spoke, she walked closer to Qiao Yunfan and Qiao Sen. She faintly smiled at the two of them and said, “Old Master Qiao, hello. I’m Qi Yunsheng.”

Qiao Sen looked at Qiao Jiusheng with flickering eyes.

Qiao Yunfan stared at Qiao Jiusheng in a daze. His originally surprised gaze suddenly turned into sorrow.

He grabbed Qiao Jiusheng’s hand and started sobbing.

“D*mn it! Who ruined your face? Look at you! How did you change?” Raising his trembling right hand, Qiao Yunfan touched Qiao Jiusheng’s face. He cried as he said, “Xiao Sheng, Grandpa had a dream last night. I kept dreaming that you were crying and shouting for me to save you. After that, you stopped shouting and only cried. God, you actually had your tongue cut off.

“My poor child, you couldn’t even speak. Grandpa’s heart aches!”

Qiao Yunfan sorrowfully cried, and tears covered his face.

Qiao Jiusheng, who stood in front of him, was stunned.

“Master…” She had just opened her lips when a voice suddenly interrupted her.

“Old Master Qiao, don’t be agitated. Look carefully. This is my wife, Yunsheng.” Fang Yusheng calmly pulled Qiao Jiusheng into his arms.

When he pulled her, he even squeezed her palm.

Qiao Jiusheng stood beside Fang Yusheng and tried to straighten her body to hide the tears that were about to fall.

“Yes, Grandpa, you’ve got the wrong person.” Qiao Sen held Qiao Yunfan’s hand and pointed at Qiao Jiuyin on the other side. He said to him, “Xiao Sheng is clearly over there.”

Qiao Yunfan looked away in a daze.

He stared at Qiao Jiuyin with a confused expression.

“Xiao Yin, Xiao Sheng…” Old Master Qiao shook his head and vaguely muttered, “This old man is doomed. I can’t even recognize who is Xiao Sheng and who is Xiao Yin.

“Jingren, help me rest.”

Qiao Sen, who Qiao Yunfan mistook as his son again, was helpless. He silently sighed and shot a look at his wife. Ji Qing immediately walked over and helped Qiao Yunfan stand up. Qiao Sen apologetically smiled at Qiao Jiusheng and said, “Brother Yusheng, Sister Yunsheng, my grandfather is sick and unconscious. I’ve embarrassed myself in front of you just now. Please forgive me.”

Qiao Jiusheng did not speak. Fang Yusheng nodded and said to him, “It’s nothing. It’s not easy for Old Master either.”

“Thank you for understanding.

“Grandpa, let’s go and rest.” Qiao Sen, his wife, and Qiao Jiuyin brought Qiao Yunfan to the temporary bedroom upstairs to rest.

The few of them went upstairs, and the conversations resumed in the hall.

Everyone talked and laughed as if the scene just now had never happened.

Fang Mu suddenly walked over to Fang Yusheng’s group. He called Fang Yusheng big brother, then looked at Qiao Jiusheng, who was in Fang Yusheng’s arms. “Sister-in-law, did he scare you?”

Qiao Jiusheng looked up, her face indeed a little pale.

Fang Mu interpreted her pale face as a result of Qiao Yunfan frightening her.

Qiao Jiusheng shook her head and pretended to be strong. “It’s nothing. I understand that Old Master Qiao is not in good health.”

“That’s good.”

Fang Mu glanced at Qiao Jiusheng’s gown, and his heart rippled. He suppressed those emotions, and his cold face softened. “Where did you buy Sister-in-law’s dress?”

“What is it?”

“I want to buy a few for Xiao Sheng too,” Fang Mu explained.

Qiao Jiusheng gently smiled and softly said, “It was designed by Miss Wei Xin.”

Fang Mu was stunned.

It was her.

“Oh, thank you!”

He turned around and left.

“Hmph!” Fang Yusheng snorted. “Eat what’s in your bowl and look at what’s in your pot. Son of a bitch!”

Qiao Jiusheng nodded and said, “Yes, indeed.”

Qiao Sen and the other two quickly came downstairs.

Qiao Jiuyin slowly walked over and apologized to Qiao Jiusheng. Qiao Jiusheng naturally accepted her apology. After Qiao Jiuyin left, Ji Qing also leaned over to Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng had always liked Ji Qing. For some reason, she felt at ease every time she saw Ji Qing.

“Hello, I’m Ji Qing, Xiao Sheng’s sister-in-law,” Ji Qing said to Qiao Jiusheng.

“Hello.”

They shook hands, then Qiao Jiusheng heard Ji Qing ask, “Young Mistress, you look quite young. How old are you this year?”

‘Qi Yunsheng’ answered, “Twenty four.”

“You’re two years younger than me,” Ji Qing said. “It doesn’t feel right to call you Eldest Young Mistress. Why don’t I call you Yunsheng?”

“Okay.”

Ji Qing sat down beside Qiao Jiusheng. She looked very gentle, and it was obvious that she was a kind woman. Qiao Jiusheng sat beside her and subconsciously relaxed. Ji Qing suddenly said, “Yunsheng, the gown you’re wearing tonight is very similar to what Xiao Sheng wore at her university’s graduation ceremony.”

“Hmm?” Qiao Jiusheng showed a surprised reaction. “Really?”

“Of course. Your figure is very similar to Xiao Sheng’s. That’s why Grandpa mistook you.”

Hearing this, Qiao Jiusheng subconsciously looked up at Qiao Jiuyin. She asked Ji Qing, “Do I have a similar figure to Second Young Mistress?”

“Didn’t you notice? From the back, you two look almost the same.” Ji Qing sighed. “If Ah Yin weren’t gone and I had seen you suddenly, I would’ve thought that you were the Qiao family’s daughter!”

Qiao Jiusheng could not tell whether Ji Qing had noticed something amiss or not, so she did not dare to reply rashly.

Twenty-four.

Chapter 58: Loving What You Love, Hating What You Hate (2)

Dinner was originally intended to occur at seven o’clock in the evening. However, due to Old Master Qiao’s sudden departure, it was delayed by an hour.

At 7: 50 pm, Qiao Sen went upstairs to pick Qiao Yunfan up.

Tonight’s meal was chosen at the second restaurant. Two long tables were placed in the dining room, and each table could accommodate fifteen people. The Fang family, both inside and outside, had about seventeen-eighteen people. With the three from the Qiao family joining them, both tables were needed.

Qiao Yunfan, Qiao Sen, and Qiao Sen’s wife, Ji Qing, were all sitting at the main table.

Fang Pingjue and his wife Xu Pingfei, Fang Mu and his wife Fang Qingyun, as well as Fang Mu’s uncle, Fang Pingjun and his wife were all sitting at the main table. The other unmarried youngsters were sitting at another table.

The seats were not casually made. The host and guests sat at the top of the table. Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin and Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng were from the younger generation, so they sat down the table.

Coincidentally, both couples sat opposite each other again.

Qiao Jiusheng casually glanced at Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin opposite her and coldly thought: Enemies are bound to meet on a narrow road.

Exquisite dishes were served one after another.

The table was too long, and two servings of every dish were placed on the table so that everyone could pick up the food.

When dinner started, Qiao Yunfan’s mind was clear. At least, he had stopped talking nonsense.

They were all people of status. Everyone obediently ate. Even when they wanted to speak, their voices were not loud.

At the dining table, Qiao Yunfan drank some wine. Halfway through the banquet, he suddenly stared at Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng down the table. Qiao Sen noticed that his grandfather was looking at Fang Yusheng and Qi Yunsheng and subconsciously became nervous.

Grandpa, Grandpa, please take it easy.

Qiao Yunfan’s gaze swept across Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng’s faces. He suddenly asked Qiao Jiusheng, “Xiao Sheng, is that handsome man beside you our grandson-in-law?”

“…”

Clearly, God did not hear Qiao Sen’s call.

Qiao Jiusheng was stunned.

Beside her, Mr. Charming’s ears turned red for no reason. No one noticed that Fang Yusheng subconsciously sat up straight.

“Ahem!” Qiao Sen lightly coughed. Before Qiao Yunfan could say anything more shocking, he answered first, “Grandpa, yes.”

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng were speechless.

Qiao Jiuyin tightly gripped her chopsticks and looked at Fang Mu with a frown.

“Huh? When did Xiao Sheng get married?” Qiao Yunfan was a little puzzled. He could not remember when his granddaughter got married. However, this was still a good thing. He suddenly laughed and said, “Good! Good! The third dog can’t do anything else, but your taste is really good. The grandson-in-law you found for me is obviously a dragon among men! Good job!”

“Pfft!”

At the neighboring table, many young children laughed.

At the main table, Qiao Jiusheng was speechless. Qiao Sen could not help but hold his forehead. Qiao Jiuyin’s expression also turned a little strange.

Fang Mu suddenly leaned close to Qiao Jiuyin and asked her, “Xiao Sheng, what is Third Dog?”

Qiao Jiuyin awkwardly said, “Grandpa is spouting nonsense.”

Fang Yusheng held in his laughter and touched Qiao Jiusheng’s leg under the table as if he were mocking her. Where were the three girls they had agreed on?

Qiao Jiusheng looked up at him and realized that Young Master Fang was uncomfortably holding in his laughter.

Big Tiger, Second Black, Third Dog!

Third Dog…

Fang Pingjue, who was quite a serious person, gave Qiao Jiuyin a rare smile when he heard the word “Third Dog.”

“Grandpa, come, eat!”

Ji Qing quickly picked up Qiao Yunfan’s favorite Chinese perch for him.

Qiao Yunfan finally stopped talking.

The meal was quite pleasant. After the meal, Qiao Yunfan sat on the armchair. He called Ji Qing to his side and said something. Ji Qing nodded and walked out of the main hall. After a moment, she walked back into the hall with a small box in her hand.

She handed the box to Qiao Yunfan.

Qiao Yunfan waved at Qiao Jiuyin and Qiao Jiusheng and said, “Second Girl, Fang Mu, come here!”

When Qiao Sen heard that his grandfather had recognized the wrong person again, he was tired. He could not be bothered to correct him.

Qiao Jiuyin tugged at Fang Mu’s hand and said to him, “Don’t fuss over it with Grandpa. He can’t recognize people anymore.”

Fang Mu nodded and walked to Qiao Yunfan with Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Yunfan nodded and looked at Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng, who were talking together in the distance. He shouted, “Third Dog, bring your little boyfriend over here too.”

Chapter 59: Loving What You Love, Hating What You Hate (3)

Qiao Jiusheng was stunned. She subconsciously looked at Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin frowned and met her gaze without saying anything.

Qiao Jiusheng looked at Qiao Sen again.

Qiao Sen sighed and apologetically smiled at her. He said in a pleading tone, “Sister Yunsheng, Brother Yusheng, I’ve troubled you.”

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng obediently walked toward Qiao Yunfan.

Qiao Yunfan stared at Fang Yusheng for a long time. He then narrowed his old eyes and said, “Young man, you’re quite handsome.”

Fang Yusheng obediently replied, “Thank you for the praise, Old Master.”

Qiao Yunfan started to ask about his family background. “Hey, what’s the young man’s surname? How old is he this year? Where does he live? What does he do for a job? What do his parents do? How did he meet our Third Dog?”

“…”

After a moment of silence, Fang Yusheng honestly answered, “Old Master, my surname is Fang, and my name is Fang Yusheng. I’m 29 this year. My family lives in Binjiang City. My father is a businessman, and my mother is a physics professor. She has already passed away. As for Third…” Fang Yusheng almost said “Third Dog.” Fortunately, he stopped in time and quickly changed his words. “I’ve known Ah Sheng for a long time. It’s a love of my own choice.”

“You’re quite honest. Saying whatever you want.” Qiao Yunfan was very satisfied with Fang Yusheng’s honesty.

“Ah Sheng likes me to be honest,” Fang Yusheng said without changing his expression.

Qiao Jiusheng almost wanted to roll her eyes.

He’s really honest…

In fact, many people at the scene were surprised by Fang Yusheng’s reaction. Fang Yusheng had always been a demon king. He could not be bothered with anyone he disliked. So, it was surprising that he was willing to give Qiao Yunfan face today.

Fang Mu could not help but look at Fang Yusheng a few more times.

Everyone thought that Fang Yusheng was putting on an act. Only Fang Yusheng knew how serious he was at that moment.

As long as they were Qiao Jiusheng’s elders, even if they were seniors with dementia, they were people he respected.

After all, this crazy old man was the person his sweetheart respected and loved.

He loved everything she loved.

He hated everything she hated.

After figuring out Fang Yusheng’s background, Qiao Yunfan was relieved.

He opened the box in his hands and took out two gemstone dragon and phoenix pendants.

The gemstone pendants were exquisite and luxurious. The dragon and phoenix hugged each other, but could also separate by themselves. The main body of the pendant was a gem, and the heads of the dragons and phoenixes were embedded with gold. The eyes of the dragons and phoenixes were rose-red.

It was obvious that these pendants were masterpieces.

The two necklaces were completely the same. The only difference was their color.

The gemstone pendant on the left was blue, and the one on the right was light pink.

Qiao Yunfan looked at the pendants, and his turbid eyes cleared up for a moment. His eyes revealed a reminiscent look as he said in a deep voice, “These dragon and phoenix gold pendants were designed for you two children. It’s a pity that your father isn’t around to give it to you.”

Tears appeared in the old man’s eyes.

Beside Qiao Yunfan, Qiao Sen couldn’t help but turn his head.

Qiao Jiuyin’s eyes were also filled with tears. She thought of her solemn and tall father. Her parents had suddenly passed away overseas. She and her siblings had not even seen their corpses and only saw a handful of ashes. As Qiao Jiuyin recalled that sad experience, her tears flowed out.

Qiao Jiusheng blankly stared at the dragon and phoenix gold pendants.

Dad…

She knew that her parents had died in an accident. Logically speaking, she should remember the memories of their deaths very clearly. After all, that was the pain of losing her family. However, it was strange that her memories of that time were rather vague.

Ji Qing saw the tears on Qiao Jiuyin’s face and suddenly narrowed her eyes.

She looked at Qiao Jiuyin again with scrutiny and suspicion.

“Back then, he said that these pendants would be given to you on the day of your wedding. The phoenix belongs to you, and the dragon will be given to your new husband. Unfortunately, he left too early and did not see you get married.” Qiao Yunfan sniffed and handed the two gem pendants to Qiao Jiusheng and Qiao Jiuyin.

“Ah Yin, this is yours.” He handed the light pink one to Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin took the pendant with a face covered in tears.

Qiao Yunfan then looked at Qiao Jiusheng and handed her the other one. “Xiao Sheng, this is yours.”

Qiao Jiusheng wanted to take it.

In her heart, a thousand voices constantly shouted, “Take it! Take it! This belongs to you!”

However, she stubbornly held on, constantly warning herself that she could not accept it.

She was Qi Yunsheng; she was not qualified to take what belonged to Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Sen was also in a difficult position. Just as he was about to persuade his grandfather, Ji Qing suddenly snatched the pendant and forced it into Qiao Jiusheng’s hand. “Since it’s from my grandfather, just accept it. It’s fate.” Ji Qing stared at Qiao Jiusheng’s brown eyes, her eyes clear.

Qiao Jiusheng was stunned.

She wanted to reject it, but at this moment, Fang Yusheng, who was beside her, said, “Take it, Ah Sheng.”

You should take what belongs to you.

When Qiao Jiusheng heard this, she finally stopped rejecting it and accepted the pendant. She then thanked Qiao Yunfan.

When Qiao Yunfan handed over the pendants, he seemed to have aged several years in an instant.

He sighed from his armchair. “I’m tired.”

“Grandpa, let’s go back and rest.” Qiao Sen held his hand.

Qiao Yunfan narrowed his eyes and stared at Qiao Sen for a long time. He then said, “Alright, Jingren, accompany me back to rest.”

“Okay.”

After Qiao Yunfan left, the others bid farewell one after another.

When everyone left, Qiao Jiuyin looked at Qiao Jiusheng. She stared at Qiao Jiusheng’s figure. In a daze, she thought that she had seen Qiao Jiusheng on the day of her graduation again. A shocking thought suddenly appeared in Qiao Jiuyin’s heart.

This person…

Chapter 60: Hide Her and Dote on Her for a Lifetime

“Xiao Sheng.” Qiao Jiuyin’s voice suddenly rang behind Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng turned around and acted as if she did not know whether to laugh or to cry. She said to Qiao Jiuyin, “You should call me Sister-in-law. If you call me Xiao Sheng, I’ll get a feeling that you’re calling me yourself. This feeling is very strange, okay!”

When Qiao Jiuyin saw ‘Qi Yunsheng’s’ impeccable smile, she denied her previous guess.

Impossible, this person can’t be Xiao Sheng!

If she were, she would’ve definitely panicked when I called her name.

“Alright, then I’ll call you sister-in-law.” Qiao Jiuyin walked closer to her and smiled. “I heard from my Sister-in-law Ji Qing that you’re only 24 years old. You’re just half a year older than me.”

Qiao Jiusheng nodded and asked, “How have you been feeling recently? Do your children torture you anymore?”

Qiao Jiuyin touched her stomach and replied, “They’re finally becoming obedient and have stopped torturing me. I can now eat something.”

“That’s good.” Qiao Jiusheng touched her stomach as well, her face filled with anticipation. “I really want to see them born soon. You and Second Brother are both good-looking and have good genes. The children you’ll give birth to must also be very good-looking.”

The sincere smile on Qiao Jiusheng’s face made Qiao Jiuyin even more certain that Qi Yunsheng was not Qiao Jiusheng.

“Thank you for your kind words.”

“Ah Sheng, we should go back,” Fang Yusheng suddenly shouted from afar.

Qiao Jiusheng said to Qiao Jiuyin, “I should go back. Rest more and recuperate well.”

“Yeah.”

Watching Qiao Jiusheng walk toward Fang Yusheng, Qiao Jiuyin was not in a hurry to look away.

Qiao Jiusheng had just walked to Fang Yusheng’s side when the man suddenly hugged her. He lowered his head and sniffed the corner of her mouth, saying, “You drank.”

“It was just a cup.”

Fang Yusheng let her lead him out. As they walked, he said, “Oh, that’s a pity.”

“Huh?” What’s there to pity?

“It’s better to drink more.”

Qiao Jiusheng asked, “What’s good about it?”

Fang Yusheng smoothly answered, “A good wine makes a mess.”

Qiao Jiusheng almost tripped over herself.

Qiao Jiuyin silently observed their interaction and thought: Qi Yunsheng is definitely not Xiao Sheng. Xiao Sheng loves Fang Mu so much that it’s impossible for her to have such intimate interaction with anyone other than Fang Mu.

The moment Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng entered their house, they immediately separated themselves from the loving embrace they were in a moment ago.

“We had a good time working together tonight,” Qiao Jiusheng said to Fang Yusheng.

Fang Yusheng remained silent.

Hearing Qiao Jiusheng’s sudden footsteps as she walked deeper into the house, Fang Yusheng suddenly asked in a loud voice, “Aren’t you going to give it to me?”

Qiao Jiusheng turned around in surprise.

Fang Yusheng knew that she was watching him. He slowly walked toward her. Just as he was about to bump into Qiao Jiusheng, Qiao Jiusheng reached out and stopped him. “I’m right in front of you.”

Fang Yusheng stopped in his tracks and grabbed the hand in front of him.

Qiao Jiusheng wanted to pull her hand out, but Fang Yusheng held it very tightly. She continued to pull with all her might but failed in the end. She was about to accuse Fang Yusheng of taking advantage of her, but Fang Yusheng asked, “Ah Sheng, give me the dragon.”

Qiao Jiusheng suddenly widened her eyes.

Shock appeared in those eyes.

“Do you know what it means to give you the dragon?”

Of course, Fang Yusheng knew that giving him the dragon meant she was giving herself to him.

He said, “We’re husband and wife now. If you don’t give it to me, it will arouse suspicion.”

Qiao Jiusheng heaved a sigh of relief.

To be honest, her heart had started beating faster when she had heard Fang Yusheng’s question.

“That’s true,” Qiao Jiusheng said. “Let go.”

Fang Yusheng immediately let go of her hand.

Qiao Jiusheng took out the pendant and cut it into two. She handed the piece that had been cut into a dragon to Fang Yusheng while she kept the piece of the phoenix.

Fang Yusheng tightly held the pendant.

He hoped that he could keep Qiao Jiusheng’s life the way he was holding this pendant.

Fang Yusheng got a sudden, selfish urge to hide her and dote on her for the rest of his life so that no one else would covet her, such as Fang Mu and Wei Xin.

Chapter 61: I Want to See Her (1)

After giving the pendant to Fang Yusheng, Qiao Jiusheng rushed upstairs to remove her makeup and take a shower.

Fang Yusheng called Qi Bufan over. “Go buy a necklace for this pendant.”

Qi Bufan looked at the pendant and did not ask further. He turned around and went to buy a chain.

Meanwhile, Fang Yusheng went to the meditation room and offered Bodhisattva some incense.

He pressed his palms together and said, “Bodhisattva, I’m going to stop my worship.”

He had finally found his faith. Now, leaving Buddhism and returning to the mortal world was the right path for him. Fang Yusheng left the meditation room, then said to Aunt Jin, “Aunt Jin, please burn incense for Bodhisattva at fixed intervals every morning and evening.”

Aunt Jin asked him in surprise, “Young Master Yusheng, what’s wrong? Didn’t you do all these things yourself in the past?”

Fang Yusheng curled his lips and replied, “Not in the future.”

After saying that, he went upstairs, leaving Aunt Jin standing alone at the entrance of the meditation room, looking like a confused monk.

***

When she lay down to sleep at night, Qiao Jiusheng thought about Qiao Yunfan’s words.

Grandpa said he dreamed that I was calling for help. He dreamed that I had my tongue cut out.

After thinking about many things in a daze, Qiao Jiusheng fell asleep.

Fang Yusheng had held back on eating at the main house. After ten o’clock, he ate supper. Then, he went upstairs to call Qiao Jiusheng to have supper too. Just as he pushed open the door, he heard her crying. This stunned Fang Yusheng, and he quickened his pace toward the bed.

Due to Qiao Jiusheng’s situation, he took bigger strides than usual. He made a mistake while walking and accidentally knocked his head against the screen.

Fang Yusheng rubbed his head and composed himself before continuing to walk to the bed.

Qiao Jiusheng’s crying voice did not stop. She sobbed and whispered something.

Fang Yusheng fumbled around the bed. He was about to wake her up when he heard her say, “Sister, don’t cut my tongue. Please, don’t cut my tongue!”

Qiao Jiusheng’s pleas were filled with fear and despair.

Fang Yusheng’s hand landed on Qiao Jiusheng. He could not see her expression, but he could feel her body trembling.

He moved his hand to Qiao Jiusheng’s face and felt a patch of moisture.

His heart ached. Fang Yusheng quickly bent down and hugged Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng was still crying, but she did not speak anymore. However, she kept letting out painful, intermittent cries. That voice was like a mute cry of pain. She could not cry out even if she wanted to.

“Ah Sheng, don’t be afraid. Don’t be afraid. It’s just a nightmare.”

No matter how Fang Yusheng comforted her, Qiao Jiusheng did not wake up from her nightmare.

Fang Yusheng could not allow this to go on. He thought about it and hummed a tune.

In her dream, Qiao Jiusheng knelt on the ground, grabbed her hair, and cried out in grief. However, no matter how much she screamed, she could not utter a single word. Only blood gushed out of her mouth. She was in so much pain that she wanted to die.

Suddenly, a comforting tune entered her ears.

Ta… ta ta ta ta ta…

Ta… oh oh oh oh…

This low tune was Fang Yusheng’s voice. He was not proficient in humming and was bumpy. Nonetheless, Qiao Jiusheng listened to it in a daze and vaguely felt that she had heard this tune before. However, she could not remember where. Still, strangely, this tune actually comforted her fearful heart.

When Fang Yusheng sensed that the girl in his arms was gradually calming down, he was finally relieved.

He hugged her and slept the entire night.

The next morning, Qiao Jiusheng woke up in Fang Yusheng’s arms for the first time since they got married.

Chapter 62: I Want to See Her (2)

Qiao Jiusheng opened her eyes and silently stared at Fang Yusheng.

She had seen Fang Yusheng from many angles before, but she had never slept in his arms or looked up at him.

Fang Yusheng’s facial features were outstanding. Out of the many handsome men Qiao Jiusheng had seen, none could compare to Fang Yusheng. Even Fang Mu lost to him in terms of appearance.

At such a close distance, Qiao Jiusheng realized that the lines on Fang Yusheng’s face were very sharp. It was just that he always dressed plainly, and his smile was gentle. This gave people the illusion that he was very gentle. This face is so perfect, and this person is also outstanding. If he were not blind, it would really not be my turn to be his wife.

Unknowingly, Qiao Jiusheng became entranced in Fang Yusheng’s stunning beauty.

After a lot of years of blindness, Fang Yusheng had the habit of not opening his eyes even when he woke up. Whether he opened his eyes or not, nothing would change. He could only see darkness.

However, since he was blind, he was especially sensitive in other aspects.

The moment Fang Yusheng woke up, he sensed that Qiao Jiusheng was awake. However, he did not move. He guessed that she was looking at him, so he remained motionless.

After a long time, Fang Yusheng heard Qiao Jiusheng thank him in a low voice.

Thanks for what?

She had thanked him for the warm embrace he gave her when she woke up from her nightmare.

Qiao Jiusheng gently crawled out of Fang Yusheng’s arms. She ran into the bathroom and stared at the mirror. Then, she slowly opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue. Seeing that her tongue was still intact, she heaved a sigh of relief.

After a while had passed since she entered the bathroom, Fang Yusheng sat up.

He fumbled around and put on his shirt and pants. Opening the window, he felt the temperature outside the house. It was very cold, only about 12-13 degrees centigrade. Next, Fang Yusheng walked into the changing room, took out the brown leather jacket, and put it on. Qiao Jiusheng, who was finished with bathing, walked out of the bathroom just in time to see Fang Yusheng touch the jacket with his head lowered.

She stood on the spot in a daze. Her gaze toward Fang Yusheng became a bit complicated.

Fang Yusheng did not know his care would make her think so much.

“It’s very cold today. Your clothes are a little thin,” Qiao Jiusheng kindly reminded him.

Fang Yusheng solemnly shook his head. “No, it’s just right.”

Seeing that he was unwilling to change, Qiao Jiusheng did not insist.

The two of them went downstairs to eat. Just as they were about to finish their meals, Aunt Jin walked into the dining room and said to Qiao Jiusheng, “Madam, Madam Qiao, who came from Junyang City, is outside.”

“Sister-in-law?” Immediately after subconsciously speaking that word, Qiao Jiusheng realized that things were different now. She was no longer Qiao Jiusheng. Thus, she changed her words and asked, “Why is Sister-in-law from the Qiao family here?”

Aunt Jin explained, “Madam Qiao said that they will be returning to Junyang City tomorrow. Today, they plan to walk around the Spirit Lake View area in our city. She came to ask if you mind going sightseeing with them.”

Qiao Jiusheng subconsciously looked at Fang Yusheng. When she saw him drinking the clear soup, she asked, “If you don’t want me to go, I won’t.”

Fang Yusheng curled his lips.

Very good, she knows to ask for my opinion.

“Go.” He put down the bowl and added, “Take me with you.”

Qiao Jiusheng frowned. She was about to say something when she heard Fang Yusheng continue, “Even if I can’t see, it’s good to go out for a breather.”

“Fine.

“Aunt Jin, reply to Sister-in-law Qiao and tell her that we’re going.”

“Okay.”

Aunt Jin departed with the message.

After the meal, Qiao Jiusheng brought Fang Yusheng back to the room and said, “Sit here. I’ll pack up.” Since she was going out to play for a day, she had to prepare some things. Qiao Jiusheng packed the things she wanted and put them in her bag. After giving it some thought, she felt that she should not have left anything behind.

However, she was still worried that she might have missed something. Therefore, she said to Fang Yusheng, “I brought tissues, a scarf, a hat, gloves… I should’ve brought everything. Think about it. Did you miss anything?”

Fang Yusheng said, “Yes.”

“What?”

“Me.”

Qiao Jiusheng inexplicably felt that his words were a little seductive, so she did not say anything.

After changing into a warm down jacket, Qiao Jiusheng saw that Fang Yusheng did not intend to change his clothes. She hesitantly asked him, “Are you sure you don’t want to change your clothes and keep wearing this?”

“I’m sure. There’s no need to change.”

Qiao Jiusheng pursed her lips. She thought that if she had time tonight, she would buy him a few more warm coats.

Qiao Sen and his wife, as well as Fang Mu and his wife, drove along with Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng

Fang Mu drove a Bentley, and he had prepared a flashy Porsche for Qiao Sen and the rest. Fang Yusheng’s Shanghai crowd was mixed in between the two other top luxury cars. It was like a crane in a flock of chickens as it attracted attention. Qi Bufan drove the car to the parking lot outside the area. When he got out of the car, Qiao Jiusheng glanced at the Porsche and the Bentley at the side with an indescribable expression.

“Can’t you buy a better car?” she asked Fang Yusheng.

Coincidentally, Qiao Jiuyin was passing by. When she heard this, she smiled and said, “Big Brother is the most thrifty. He drives all kinds of cars. There’s no need to buy anything too expensive.”

Qiao Jiusheng was unhappy when she heard this.

Fang Yusheng completely ignored Qiao Jiuyin and only asked Qiao Jiusheng, “What car do you like? As long as you want it, I’ll buy it for you.”

These words were really doting.

Qiao Jiusheng thought that Fang Yusheng was playing along with her, so she said, “Then get me a Lykan Hypersport.”

“Okay.”

Qiao Jiuyin quietly listened to them brag from the sides.

Lykan Hypersport?

What a joke! Only six or seven such luxury sports cars exist in the world. How could Fang Yusheng dare to say such things?

After Qiao Jiuyin left, Qiao Jiusheng leaned over to Fang Yusheng and whispered into his ear, “Aren’t you afraid of being slapped in the face?”

Fang Yusheng only smiled and remained silent.

Chapter 63: I Want to See Her (3)

The lake was not big, but it had a good view.

On both sides of the lake was a forest of maple trees. The maple leaves in November had turned red. As the wind blew, the leaves beautifully touched the ground.

Spirit Lake was a place netizens all over the country chose as a top ten romantic place because of the classic beauty of “autumn leaves.”

Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng walked behind the group. Qiao Jiusheng looked at Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin, who were walking in front of her, and her lips curled into a mocking smile. She recalled that when she had just fallen in love, Fang Mu had once brought her to Spirit Lake to admire the maple leaves. At that time, she had thought that they would be together forever.

In the end…

To hell with eternity!

“Brother Mu, do you still remember our first time here?”

She could hear Qiao Jiuyin’s hypocritical voice ahead of her.

Qiao Jiusheng looked up and saw Fang Mu taking off the maple leaf on Qiao Jiusheng’s head. She heard him say, “When we came here, you were just 18. Now…” He placed his hand on Qiao Jiuyin’s abdomen, and a hint of gentleness appeared in his cold eyebrows. “Two people have become four.”

“Yes.” Qiao Jiuyin tiptoed and kissed Fang Mu’s forehead. With a face full of happiness, she said, “I feel so happy having you and the babies.”

Fang Mu did not say anything and just hugged her.

Qiao Jiusheng silently watched the scene, feeling uncomfortable.

Beside her, Fang Yusheng also heard Qiao Jiuyin and Fang Mu’s conversation. All his thoughts were focused on Fang Mu’s sentence—

‘You were just eighteen when we came here.’

He felt a little upset.

Fang Mu, this bastard!

Ji Qing had been paying attention to the commotion behind her. When she turned around and saw Qiao Jiusheng’s gaze on Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin, she was surprised.

“Qingqing, what are you looking at?” The puzzled Qiao Sen looked at his wife.

Ji Qing said, “The scenery is quite beautiful.”

“Yes, it is.”

The group would reach Spirit Lake after passing through a small road in the maple forest. The road was five to six hundred meters long. Even though the weather was a little cold, the road was still unable to withstand the footsteps of tourists from all over the world. The small road was only three meters wide and filled with people.

Qiao Jiusheng was worried that the crowd would disturb Fang Yusheng, so she boldly grabbed his wrist.

Fang Yusheng held his cane in his left hand, so Qiao Jiusheng could only hold his right hand.

“Follow closely. There are many people, so we could easily bump into them.”

“Okay.”

As he followed Qiao Jiusheng’s footsteps, Fang Yusheng was very happy.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew.

A maple leaf fell from the sky and brushed past Fang Yusheng’s nose.

Thinking of something, Fang Yusheng suddenly stopped in his tracks and shouted at the front, “Ah Sheng.”

Qiao Jiusheng stopped and turned around.

“Yeah?”

The blood-red maple leaves fell, and the tall man walked through the maple forest, taking a step toward her.

Pa!

Fang Yusheng threw away his black cane.

His left hand slowly stretched toward Qiao Jiusheng and landed on her shoulder.

Qiao Jiusheng confusedly looked at Fang Yusheng, who raised his left hand and placed it beside her cheek.

“What—”

Before Qiao Jiusheng could finish speaking, her forehead suddenly moistened.

Her eyes widened.

Qiao Jiusheng looked at the handsome face close to her in shock as her mind burned.

Before his parents got divorced, Fang Yusheng had been studying at a primary school in the country. At that time, he had heard something from the older girls at the school.

When the maple leaves on the spirit lake wither, the person you will kiss will be the person who will accompany you for the rest of your life.

Fang Yusheng had taken ten years to kiss her.

“W-What are you doing?!” Qiao Jiusheng’s body stiffened as she awkwardly asked him.

Qiao Jiuyin and Fang Mu were watching from ahead. Qiao Jiusheng had to stay calm and not panic.

Fang Yusheng’s lips parted from Qiao Jiusheng’s forehead. He smiled, and his appearance became even more beautiful. His beauty made the beautiful scenery of the Spirit Lake pale in comparison.

He said, “You’re so much shorter than me.”

Qiao Jiusheng was speechless.

He took advantage of me just to measure my height!

“By the way, are you 1.65 meters tall?”

Qiao Jiusheng kicked him and fiercely said, “I’ve really disappointed you. I’m 1.67 meters tall!”

Fang Yusheng chuckled and said, “Not bad.”

The interaction between the two of them became flirting in the eyes of the four people ahead of them.

Wooden cruise boats were placed by the lake. To protect the ecology around the lake, the wooden boats did not have a motor. One had to manually row them. The group of six booked a medium-sized wooden boat and sat down. Ji Qing took the place beside Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng suddenly felt nervous.

She had long guessed that Ji Qing had not asked her out for a simple trip.

“Do you want a honey pomelo?” Ji Qing handed her a piece of honey pomelo.

Qiao Jiusheng stared at the honey pomelo, and many thoughts instantly ran through her mind. A total of six people were on this ship. Ji Qing was very close to Qiao Jiusheng, and naturally, she understood that Qiao Jiusheng liked honey pomelo the most. However, the current Qiao Jiusheng was not ‘Qiao Jiusheng,’ but Qi Yunsheng. Qiao Jiuyin was ‘Qiao Jiusheng’ instead.

She took out the honey pomelo and asked me instead of asking others if they wanted to eat it…

Did Sister-in-law Ji Qing discover something?

Psychiatrists are really scary.

Qiao Jiusheng gently smiled at Ji Qing and said, “Thank you, Sister-in-law, but I don’t like honey pomelo. I like dates.” With that, Qiao Jiusheng picked up a date and took a bite.

Ji Qing’s eyes flashed.

She loves to eat winter dates.

“Look at me! My Xiao Sheng likes honey pomelo, so I always think that others like it too,” saying that, Ji Qing handed a honey pomelo to Qiao Jiuyin, who was opposite her.

Qiao Jiuyin took it, thanked her, and slowly ate.

Just as Qiao Jiusheng swallowed the dates, she heard Ji Qing ask, “Where is your parental home, Ah Sheng?”

Qiao Jiusheng had long memorized Qi Yunsheng’s information. So when she heard this question, she quickly said, “I came from a small county city. You probably wouldn’t know if I told you. Its name is Ping An County.”

Ji Qing said, “Really? Ping An County in Zhongrong City?”

Qiao Jiusheng’s heart rang with alarm.

Oh no! Ji Qing actually knows about this small county.

“Yes,” she answered, bracing herself.

Ji Qing continued, “When I was studying, I was fortunate enough to go to Ping An County once. I remember that, that place has special customs. For example, marriage. It’s said that the first time the man goes to the woman’s house, he has to carry wine and glutinous rice. Another example is that the newly married wife can’t wash her face for the first three days. They are all very interesting.”

Qiao Jiusheng did not know if it was interesting, but she knew that she was a little confused.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4.5M 284K 105
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
688K 36.2K 30
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ~ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐 Sara Zafar, once a vibrant, effervescent spirit, embarks on a new chapter of her life in New Y...
462K 26.2K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
1.2M 66.1K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...