[ON HOLD] Reincarnation: I Ma...

By GirlUnderSun

"Marry me. Once we're married, I will be loyal to you for life-as long as you keep me alive." Qiao Jiusheng w... More

Details
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28
29-35
36-42
43-49
57-63
64-70
71-77
78-84
85-91
92-98
99-105
106-112
113-119
120-126
127-133
134-140
141-147
148-154
155-162
163-169
170-177
178-184
185-191
192-198
199-205
206-212
213-219
220-226
227-233
234-240
241-250 (Truth Revealed)
251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)
258-264
265-272

50-56

929 29 0
By GirlUnderSun

Chapter 50: Happiness Is So Heavy (2)

The word “virgin” floated past Fang Yusheng’s head.

He snatched the book from Qiao Jiusheng’s hand, closed it, and threw it into the bin.

Then, with a calm smile, he said to Qiao Jiusheng, “This book is rubbish. Reading too much of it is not good.”

Qiao Jiusheng faintly smiled. She did not say anything, but she thought about it. Those who can be friends are the same type of people. A friend of trash is naturally trash as well.

“Sleep.” Fang Yusheng simply lay down and closed his eyes to sleep.

Qiao Jiusheng took out her phone and looked at Qiao Jiuyin’s blog. Just as she was engrossed in it, someone suddenly hugged her waist.

“Fang Yusheng,” Qiao Jiusheng softly shouted.

Fang Yusheng did not react at all. He continued to soundly sleep.

He’s really asleep?

After observing Fang Yusheng for a moment, Qiao Jiusheng saw that he was really asleep and not just pretending to be. She then tried her best to be gentle as she moved Fang Yusheng’s hand away. However, her mind was in a mess.

Was Fang Yusheng taking advantage of me just now?

Would he take advantage of me?

That’s impossible.

He, Fang Yusheng, is a loyal and good man, who is willing to protect his moral principles for his lover.

But then again, I’m young and beautiful. And also flirtatious. It’s hard for a hot-blooded man to resist my charm. Even if Fang Yusheng were a devoted person, he’s still a man in the end.

Does he really not have any improper thoughts toward me?

Qiao Jiusheng thought in a daze. Her guard was fully down, and she was ready to fall asleep boldly.

As she fell asleep, she woke up when her waist was suddenly hugged again. Qiao Jiusheng opened her eyes and tilted her head to see a beautiful buzz cut on her shoulder. She blinked in puzzlement. What’s going on? Fang Yusheng seems to be very active tonight.

“Fang Yusheng!” Qiao Jiusheng pushed Fang Yusheng hard.

She was quite strong, and Fang Yusheng finally woke up.

“What’s wrong?” Fang Yusheng stared at her unbelievably beautiful green eyes, looking a little lost. Anyone person sleeping soundly would react slower if someone suddenly woke them up.

Qiao Jiusheng looked at his handsome face, and the anger in her stomach suddenly faded.

She was too embarrassed to lose her temper at such a handsome man.

So, she asked Fang Yusheng, “Are you cold?” Otherwise, why would he keep leaning toward me?

Fang Yusheng’s expression became a little indescribable. “Yes, I’m cold.” This answer was a little gritted, but his heart was filled with sorrow.

Dumb woman!

“Wait for me. I’ll go get the blanket.” Qiao Jiusheng lifted the blanket and got out of bed. She ran to find another blanket.

Fang Yusheng softly sighed when he heard Qiao Jiusheng rummaging through her luggage.

According to the routine, if he said it was cold, Qiao Jiusheng should have turned into a hot water bottle to warm him up.

How insensitive!

Soon, Qiao Jiusheng returned with the blanket. “Come, I’ll cover you up. Don’t catch a cold.” As she said that, she placed the ten kilograms of cotton on Fang Yusheng. Worried that he would still be cold, she neatly spread the blanket and completely covered him.

After spreading the blanket, she asked Fang Yusheng, “Happy? Warm?”

Fang Yusheng, who was carrying five kilograms of weight on his back, insincerely replied, “Happy, warm.” This happiness is really heavy…

The temperature in the room was close to 20 degrees Celsius, and Fang Yusheng was covered in sweat. However, he was too embarrassed to lift the blanket. Therefore, he could only silently withstand the weight of happiness.

Chapter 51: Unable to Meet (1)

The next morning, Qiao Jiusheng had just woken up when she heard the sound of water coming from the bathroom.

She looked at the time and realized that Fang Yusheng had showered half an hour earlier than usual.

Without thinking much, she greeted Fang Yusheng and went downstairs.

Fang Yusheng heaved a sigh of relief when he heard the door close.

God damn! I woke up early due to the heat. After taking a bath, he was finally refreshed.

He changed his clothes and went downstairs. There, he heard Qi Bufan and Qiao Jiusheng have a conversation about him.

“How old is Fang Yusheng?” Qiao Jiusheng asked.

“Twenty-nine!”

Qi Bufan’s answer was as concise as usual.

Qiao Jiusheng asked again, “Do you know Zhuang Long?”

“How did you know about Zhuang Long, Madam?” Qi Bufan was confused.

Qiao Jiusheng did not answer and asked again, “Are Zhuang Long and Fang Yusheng friends?”

“Yes.” Even a bad friend was a friend.

“Fang Yusheng is still a virgin?”

Qi Bufan finally looked up at Qiao Jiusheng and awkwardly thought: How can a woman ask a man such a question in such a normal tone?

After pondering the answer, Qi Bufan conservatively said, “It’s not convenient for me to answer your questions.”

“Tsk, you’re just like him.”

“Yeah?”

“Both virgins.”

Qi Bufan was speechless.

He lowered his head in silence for a while, then stuck his neck out and replied, “I’m ashamed. I’m not as experienced as you, Madam.”

Qiao Jiusheng stopped talking.

“Ahem—” Fang Yusheng coughed and interrupted the conversation.

Upon hearing the cough, Qiao Jiusheng and Qi Bufan quickly separated.

“What are you two talking about?” Fang Yusheng said as he walked toward the dining room.

Qi Bufan honestly answered, “Madam is very concerned about your private life and whether you’re still a virgin.”

Qiao Jiusheng glared at Qi Bufan’s back.

This traitor!

Fang Yusheng stopped in his tracks. He turned his head back, gave Qiao Jiusheng a magnificent smile, and asked, “Do you really want to know?”

Qiao Jiusheng braced herself and asked, “I do. Will you answer?”

“Yes.”

“Really?” Qiao Jiusheng was flattered.

Fang Yusheng slowly walked toward her. He then raised his hand and placed his palm on Qiao Jiusheng’s head. Since she was not short, she looked quite compatible with him. Fang Yusheng retracted his hand and said to Qiao Jiusheng, “Try it. Won’t you know?”

Qiao Jiusheng subconsciously asked, “How do I try?”

Fang Yusheng answered in all seriousness, “How else? Of course, try on the bed.”

Qiao Jiusheng looked at him in fear.

Qi Bufan frowned, thinking that Sir was going too far.

“It’s embarrassing to talk about such a hot-blooded topic so early in the morning.” Aunt Jin placed all the dishes on the table and blushed with embarrassment. She stole a glance at Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng. Her smile was so large that her eyes could not be seen. “Young Master Yusheng, Madam, come and have breakfast. Miss Wei Xin called early this morning and said that she would visit in the morning.”

Hearing this, Fang Yusheng finally let go of Qiao Jiusheng and sat down at the dining table.

During the meal, Qiao Jiusheng asked Fang Yusheng, “Who is Miss Wei Xin?” She knew of Wei Xin, but she did not know whether the Wei Xin Aunt Jin spoke of was the person she knew.

“You’ll know when she gets here.”

At nine in the morning, a Maserati drove into Fang Yusheng’s house under everyone’s gaze.

“Was that Wei Xin in the car just now?” over at the main house, Xu Pingfei asked Qiao Jiuyin in surprise.

“I think so.”

Qiao Jiuyin naturally recognized Wei Xin. Wei Xin was only 30 years old, yet she was already a fashion genius with famous designers worldwide. Who in Binjiang City did not know her?

Wei Xin was a designer. Has she gone to see Fang Yusheng to make a gown for that Eldest Young Madam?

Qiao Jiuyin had thought that she was happy enough to be able to wear the gown personally designed by the most famous designer in the country, Xu Mo. So, when she saw this scene, her smile became a little unnatural.

Logically speaking, as the daughter-in-law of the CEO of the jewelry brand “Crown for Love,” Qiao Jiuyin’s status in the fashion world was not low. Many designers were willing to design dresses for her, but Wei Xin was stubborn. She did not look at people’s statuses when making friends. She only did it if she wanted to.

When they had been in the university, the Qiao sisters had gone to Wei Xin’s studio to get customized dresses. For some reason, Wei Xin was not interested in Qiao Jiuyin, but she was very close to her sister, Qiao Jiusheng.

The gown Qiao Jiusheng had worn at the graduation ceremony was given to her by Wei Xin. Qiao Jiusheng had also relied on that outfit to get first place on the National University Fashion Roll.

All sorts of past events surfaced in Qiao Jiuyin’s mind. She heard Xu Pingfei sigh beside her. “After getting married, Yusheng has really changed. He even knows how to dote on his wife.” Gradually, the smile on Qiao Jiuyin’s face became more and more difficult to maintain.

Qiao Jiusheng was lucky. Qi Yunsheng, who’s a little similar to Qiao Jiusheng, is also lucky.

***

Qiao Jiusheng heard the sound of high heels clicking on the floor and immediately looked up.

She smiled when she saw the person’s face.

This Wei Xin was really the Wei Xin she knew.

Wei Xin was tall at 1.75 meters. She was dressed in a black suit jacket paired with a white high-slit dress. Her feet were high, and she looked aggressive. The moment she entered the house, she ignored the others and said to Fang Yusheng, “Good morning, Mr. Fang.”

Fang Yusheng greeted her, then introduced Qiao Jiusheng to her.

Wei Xin finally saw the legendary Young Madam of the Fang family. She could not help but feel curious.

The ends of her phoenix eyes were raised high. When Wei Xin saw the woman sitting upright on the sofa, a glint flashed across her eyes. She found this woman’s back view inexplicably familiar. As a designer, Wei Xin was extremely sensitive to human data.

With one look, she could figure out Qiao Jiusheng’s body size.

After preparing herself, Qiao Jiusheng lowered her voice and reached out to Wei Xin. “Miss Wei, I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Wei Xin suddenly frowned. She reached out to shake Qiao Jiusheng’s hand. Qiao Jiusheng was about to retract her hand when Wei Xin suddenly pulled her into her arms.

Caught off-guard, Qiao Jiusheng fell into her arms.

Wei Xin’s red lips closed in on Qiao Jiusheng’s ear as she softly said, “Your body’s measurements are very similar to that of a friend of mine.”

Chapter 52: Unable to Meet (2)

Qiao Jiusheng was shocked.

A woman’s intuition is really scary!

The intuition of a female designer is even scarier!

“There are countless similar people. Who do you think I look like, Miss Wei?” Qiao Jiusheng smiled brightly without a hint of hypocrisy or fear.

Stunned, Wei Xin stared at her smile and said, “Your smile looks more like hers.”

Upon hearing this, Qiao Jiusheng could not be bothered to smile.

Qi Bufan muttered something in Fang Yusheng’s ear. It was unknown what he said, but Fang Yusheng suddenly took a step to the left and leaned close to Qiao Jiusheng. He slowly stretched out his hands and pulled away Qiao Jiusheng’s and Wei Xin’s hands. Then, he smiled and said to Wei Xin, “Miss Wei, please sit.”

Wei Xin shrugged and walked to the sofa. She crossed her legs and sat like a queen.

Qiao Jiusheng was about to sit on the same sofa as Wei Xin’s was when Fang Yusheng pulled her to sit on another sofa.

After Aunt Jin served the tea, Wei Xin took a sip and bluntly said, “Mr. Fang, I’ll accept your order. Just pay half the deposit first. Once the gown is ready, I’ll call you to collect it.”

Fang Yusheng was a little surprised. He understood Wei Xin well. She does not accept orders easily. What moved her?

Without waiting for Fang Yusheng to ask, Wei Xin said, “Mr. Fang, can I borrow your wife for half an hour?”

When Wei Xin said this, Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng were both stunned.

After a moment of silence, Fang Yusheng thoughtfully replied, “I will respect what my wife decides.”

Qiao Jiusheng said, “Of course.”

Fang Yusheng frowned.

Clearly, he wanted to hear Qiao Jiusheng reject it.

Wei Xin and Qiao Jiusheng stood up at the same time and walked toward the backyard.

Fang Yusheng held his teacup with a complicated expression.

Qi Bufan curiously asked him, “Sir, what are you worried about?”

Fang Yusheng remained silent.

He was thinking.

There are rumors that Wei Xin’s private life is rather strange and that she does not shy away from men and women. In her love history, there are both men and women. She has even almost gotten engaged to a woman once. Fang Yusheng was very sensitive, and Wei Xin’s performance just now was just short of saying that she was interested in Qiao Jiusheng.

Fang Yusheng held his forehead and felt a little tired.

I have too many love rivals. What should I do?

In the backyard, Qiao Jiusheng had just walked down the wooden stairs when the tall woman in front of her suddenly turned around and condescendingly looked at her.

Qiao Jiusheng looked up and met her eyes.

She saw scrutiny and suspicion in those eyes.

Suddenly, Wei Xin’s lips curled up as she shouted a name that shocked Qiao Jiusheng.

“Qiao Jiusheng.”

After shouting this name, Wei Xin stared at Qiao Jiusheng’s face without letting go.

When the woman in front of her heard this name, her pure and beautiful face naturally revealed a surprised expression. Qiao Jiusheng turned around and glanced around. When Qiao Jiusheng did not see anyone else, she looked at Wei Xin in confusion and asked, “Miss Wei, what’s wrong? Second Madam lives in a house on the west side. Unless there are special circumstances, she usually doesn’t come to our house.”

Her reaction was impeccable!

A hint of regret flashed across Wei Xin’s heart.

She shook her head. “I was seeing things,” she said.

Qiao Jiusheng saw the regret in Wei Xin’s eyes and felt guilty.

Sorry, Xinxin!

“Oh right, you especially called me out. Is there something you can’t say in front of Yusheng?” She portrayed the identity of the Eldest Young Madam very well.

Yusheng… Yusheng, the way she called him is really intimate.

This is not Qiao Jiusheng. The real Qiao Jiusheng would only speak of Brother Mu that way.

Wei Xin pretended to smile and said, “There’s nothing I can’t say. I just wanted to ask you what requirements you have for the gown.”

Chapter 53: Unable to Meet (3)

The two of them chatted in the backyard for a few minutes, then returned to the living room together.

Wei Xin had come in and gone out in a hurry, but Fang Yusheng did not dare to let his guard down.

He had heard before that Wei Xin was charming and aggressive. Once, a popular actress in the entertainment industry had almost come out of the closet and cut off her acting career for Wei Xin. It could be seen that this woman’s charm was extraordinary.

The moment she left, Fang Yusheng leaned over to Qiao Jiusheng and casually asked, “What were you guys talking about?”

Qiao Jiusheng did not think much of it and confessed. “She’s suspecting me.”

“Huh?” Fang Yusheng did not expect this answer. “Suspecting you?”

“Yes, I’ve been friends with Wei Xin for many years. She almost recognized me. When I arrived in the backyard just now, she suddenly shouted at me. She was so shocked that I almost broke out in a cold sweat.” The moment Qiao Jiusheng had heard her name jump out of Wei Xin’s mouth, she was not only shocked but also sad and touched.

She was sad that she could not recognize her best friend when they met. She was touched that someone in this world could actually recognize her just by looking at her.

When Qiao Jiusheng thought that even Wei Xin could recognize her at a glance, but Fang Mu, who had been in love with her for six years, could not do so, she could not tell what she was feeling.

Anyway, those six years of relationship had been fed to the dogs.

Fang Yusheng remained silent.

Fortunately, Wei Xin did not have those thoughts about her.

“Do you think that since Wei Xin is suspecting me, Qiao Jiuyin is also suspecting me?”

Hearing Qiao Jiusheng’s question, Fang Yusheng seriously thought about it and felt that it was very likely. “Be careful in the future.”

“Yeah, okay.”

Suddenly, he changed the topic and asked, “Since you’re very close to Wei Xin, remember to ask her to give you a discount. It’s not cheap to treat her.”

“…”

Wei Xin’s car drove past the Fang family’s main house. From afar, she saw a woman in an autumn outfit standing in the middle of the road.

The woman in an orange coat had her hair draped over her shoulders. She had a delicate appearance and a slender figure. At first glance, she looked devastatingly beautiful. Wei Xin’s gaze swept past the woman’s face, and a hint of disgust appeared in her eyes. This bitch has occupied the magpie’s nest!

The woman stood in front of the car and didn’t plan to make way. Wei Xin had no choice but to stop the car.

The car stopped, and a bright smile appeared on Qiao Jiuyin’s face.

She walked to the car and knocked on the window.

Wei Xin rolled down the car window and gave the woman a lukewarm look.

“Xinxin.” Qiao Jiuyin imitated Qiao Jiusheng and affectionately called Wei Xin’s name.

Wei Xin sneered. “Miss Qiao, are we close?”

The smile on Qiao Jiuyin’s lips froze.

What happened?

Wei Xin has never treated Qiao Jiusheng like this in the past.

Did Xiao Sheng have a conflict with her?

Why didn’t I hear Xiao Sheng mention it before?

“Xinxin, are you angry because I haven’t been contacting you recently?” Qiao Jiuyin smiled brightly again.

Staring at the smile on the woman’s face, Wei Xin snorted. She’s really shameless. Can’t she tell that I’m despising her?

“Xinxin, don’t be angry. I’ve been feeling unwell recently. I didn’t mean to stop playing with you.” As she spoke, she gently touched her abdomen and said in a loving tone, “I’m pregnant. My pregnancy reaction has been very strong recently, and I’m not in a good mood. So I didn’t contact you.”

When Wei Xin heard the word “pregnant,” the cold smile on Wei Xin’s lips froze.

She stared at Qiao Jiuyin, who was blissfully smiling, with a pair of phoenix eyes. A ruthless aura suddenly arose in her heart.

Qiao Jiuyin thought that since she said those words, she would hear Wei Xin forgiving her. Who knew that Wei Xin’s following words would scare her so much that her face would turn pale.

Wei Xin bluntly said, “Qiao Jiuyin, don’t be shameless. Do you really think that I’m as blind as Fang Mu and can’t recognize you?”

“Ha!” She reached out of the window and pinched Qiao Jiuyin’s chin.

Qiao Jiuyin felt uneasy at her fingertips.

The moment she heard the name Qiao Jiuyin, her heart became a mess.

“You’re really hiding it well. I never liked that fake, cheap look on you in the past.” Wei Xin was not afraid of offending others when she spoke. When she saw that Qiao Jiuyin was still pretending to be calm, she continued with a cold expression, “I really couldn’t tell that you were always thinking about your sister’s man and tricked Xiao Sheng and me. Ha, Xiao Sheng’s corpse has yet to turn cold, but you couldn’t wait to replace her identity to climb up the ladder. You’re really scheming.”

Staring at Qiao Jiuyin’s brown eyes, Wei Xin thought of Qiao Jiusheng, who had died a long time ago and whose face had been destroyed. Tears welled up in her eyes. She asked Qiao Jiuyin with those teary eyes, “Qiao Jiuyin, the dove has occupied the magpie’s nest. Is the position of the Second Madam of the Fang family comfortable?”

Qiao Jiuyin bit her lower lip hard. The blush on her face disappeared at a speed visible to the naked eye.

“W-What are you talking about?” Qiao Jiuyin refused to admit it and stubbornly and weakly defended herself. “What are you talking about? I’m clearly Qiao Jiusheng. Wei Xin, I really didn’t expect you to dislike my sister so much.”

From the corner of her eye, Qiao Jiuyin saw Xu Pingfei approaching her. She deliberately raised her voice and said, “Wei Xin, don’t think that you can spout nonsense just because we’re on good terms. My sister is already gone, yet you still humiliate her like this! Wei Xin, from today onward, we will break all ties!”

Wei Xin frowned and thought that Qiao Jiuyin was really an actress.

She caught a glimpse of Xu Pingfei’s figure and smiled meaningfully.

Wei Xin stretched her upper body out of the car window and leaned close to Qiao Jiuyin. She flashed a devilish smile at her and deliberately lowered her voice to softly ask, “Qiao Jiuyin, you married Fang Mu by replacing Xiao Sheng and got pregnant with his child. Aren’t you afraid of having nightmares at night?” Seeing the flash of fear in Qiao Jiuyin’s eyes, Wei Xin was satisfied.

“Qiao Jiuyin, I believe in the cycle of karma. Good and evil will be rewarded. You took away everything that belongs to Xiao Sheng. In the future, someone will definitely take away everything that belongs to you.

“What was stolen was never yours. Just wait for the day you get your retribution!”

After saying that, Wei Xin closed the car door and left.

Xu Pingfei looked at the leaving car and frowned. She originally wanted to talk to Wei Xin…

Since she was away, she could only vaguely hear Xiao Sheng’s words about ending all ties. When Xu Pingfei saw that Qiao Jiuyin’s face was pale, she asked her in confusion, “Xiao Sheng, did you guys fight?”

Qiao Jiuyin weakly smiled at Xu Pingfei. “It’s nothing. Let’s go back to the house.”

“Oh…”

Chapter 54: Thanksgiving (1)

Later that day, Qiao Jiuyin used Qiao Jiusheng’s social media app to post a status on her page.

Sheng Xiao Will Not Separate: She’s my family and I cannot tolerate any person slandering her, even if that person is my best friend.

When Qiao Jiusheng saw this post, she was surprised.

She really could not tell that Qiao Jiuyin still had family in her mind. If she really valued family so much, she would’ve not been so ruthless to her biological sister.

Qiao Jiusheng clicked on this post with the intention of watching a commotion. What entered her eyes were consoling messages.

Lin Wanwan: Xiao Sheng, don’t be angry. Hug me.

Midsummer sunlight: Who made our beautiful Sheng angry? Don’t be angry. You’re pregnant now. You have to maintain a happy mood.

Mu: Heart to heart.

Miss X: Idiots are dramatic.

“Pfft!”

Miss X was Wei Xin’s online name. When Qiao Jiusheng saw Wei Xin’s message, she rolled around on the sofa laughing.

“Ouch!”

Her stomach started hurting from the laughter, so she had to stop.

Fang Yusheng listened to her indecent laughter and felt a little helpless. “What are you laughing at?”

Qiao Jiusheng held her stomach and wiped her tears as she said, “Wei Xin is really awesome. She said what was on my mind.” She told Fang Yusheng about Qiao Jiuyin’s social media posts and Wei Xin’s comments. Fang Yusheng listened to all of it but did not comment.

Qiao Jiusheng logged out of her circle of friends and searched for Wei Xin’s online. She sent her a friend request.

Wei Xin quickly accepted the request.

The two of them added each other as friends, but they did not talk.

Time quickly passed by. As the temperature continued to drop, it got closer and closer to Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was on the 22nd, and on the morning of the 21st, the Qiao family’s eldest son and the Qiao family’s patriarch arrived in Binjiang City. Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin personally went to the airport to pick them up, while Fang Pingjue and Xu Pingfei waited at home. In the evening, Qiao Sen and his grandfather arrived at the Fang family.

That night, the main house bustled with noise and excitement.

Qiao Jiusheng did not know whether it was because of Fang Yusheng’s ability to create trouble or something else, but Fang Yusheng’s family was not invited to the reception banquet that night.

Qiao Jiusheng, Fang Yusheng, and Qi Bufan sat around the table and quietly ate.

Qiao Jiusheng was uncomfortable during the meal.

Her heart had already flown to the main house.

Without hearing Qiao Jiusheng’s joke, Fang Yusheng suddenly put down his chopsticks and said to her, “Let’s go to the main house too.” He could not bear to see Qiao Jiusheng unhappy.

Qiao Jiusheng almost went to the main house with him to create trouble.

However, she held back.

“Forget it. We can officially meet them tomorrow anyway.” Qiao Jiusheng impulsively ran over. She was afraid that she would not be able to hold back and confess Qiao Jiuyin’s crimes to her elder brother and grandfather. However, even if her family knew what Qiao Jiuyin had done, what could they do?

Would they send her to prison?

No, they were family after all. They would not be able to bear it.

Qiao Jiusheng did not just want to tell the world what Qiao Jiuyin had done. She wanted Qiao Jiuyin to personally suffer the sins she had suffered in her previous life. Qiao Jiusheng wanted Qiao Jiuyin to experience the pain of being cut, lashed, and imprisoned. She could not leave any grudges behind!

She wanted to patiently play a game of cat and mouse with Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiusheng barely slept that night.

When morning arrived, Butler Wan Lang personally invited Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng to the banquet.

Fang Yusheng agreed.

In the morning, Qi Bufan went to Wei Xin’s to get a gown and jewelry. Throughout the entire afternoon, Qiao Jiusheng dressed up in the house.

Qiao Jiusheng put on her makeup and changed into a gown. She held the latest set of jewelry for the season of the Love Crown brand and was a little flattered. Putting on the necklace and earrings, she turned around to ask Fang Yusheng, “Why are you so generous today? You even gave me such precious jewelry.”

Before the accident, as the beloved daughter of the Qiao family, Qiao Jiusheng had countless pieces of jewelry. However, it was different now. The phoenix on the sycamore tree had accidentally fallen into a chicken’s nest and turned into a wild chicken. Jewelry had become a luxury item for her.

Fang Yusheng gently smiled and told her, “You’re overthinking. I rented this from a jewelry shop.” Fang Yusheng pretended to be sad and said, “It costs two thousand yuan to rent it for a day! You have to cherish it. If you break it, you can’t afford to pay for it.”

Fang Yusheng’s generosity confused Qiao Jiusheng.

Chapter 55: Thanksgiving (2)

Qiao Jiusheng valued tonight’s family banquet very much.

For this occasion, she had specially put on thick, smoky makeup and matched it with the long neck gown that Wei Xin specially designed for her.

The back of the gown was designed to expose her bare and sexy back. The front and back of the gown were tied with a smooth black satin bow. The gown hung from her waist to the ground, accentuating her slender lower body.

After straightening the strap decorated with fine diamonds, Qiao Jiusheng put on a vintage platinum necklace and earrings.

She observed the person in the mirror, then turned to Fang Yusheng, who had already made preparations. She said, “I look really beautiful tonight.”

Fang Yusheng curled his lips and closed his eyes. He sighed. “It’s a pity that I can’t see!”

Qiao Jiusheng snorted and walked to Fang Yusheng’s side. She held his arm and said with a smile, “That’s a pity. Everyone can see my beauty, but you can’t. Sigh…” She shook her head in an exaggerated manner and continued, “If you could see me, you would definitely fall in love.”

Qiao Jiusheng was confident in her appearance.

“Dream on!”

Fang Yusheng withdrew his arm from Qiao Jiusheng’s palm. When he held her waist, he realized that her dress revealed her back. He immediately frowned. “Is this dress that revealing?”

“Hmph, I can’t tell that you’re an old conservative. Let me tell you, girls nowadays show their breasts and buttocks on the streets. My dress only shows my back. It’s nothing.” Qiao Jiusheng deliberately twisted her waist and looked smug. “Besides, a good figure should be brought out for others to see.”

Fang Yusheng did not refute her twisted logic. His palm touched Qiao Jiusheng’s waist, and Qiao Jiusheng suddenly slapped the back of his hand. She pretended to be angry and said, “What are you doing? Put away your dirty hands. Don’t take advantage of me.”

Fang Yusheng chuckled and asked, “Isn’t good skin for people to touch?”

“Nonsense!”

She stomped, picked up her banquet bag, and told Fang Yusheng to leave. Then, she raised her dress and elegantly walked downstairs.

Fang Yusheng slowly followed her.

The two of them walked toward the entrance of the house’s courtyard one after another. Qiao Jiusheng was still angry with Fang Yusheng and ignored him. Fang Yusheng held his cane as he followed her. His footsteps were steady, and he looked straight ahead. No one could tell that he was blind.

When Qiao Jiusheng reached the door, she suddenly stopped.

She took a deep breath. She was about to turn around when a jacket suddenly appeared on her.

Qiao Jiusheng glanced at the jacket. It was a black coat.

She looked up at Fang Yusheng, and the anger in her eyes faded. It was replaced by longing. “Yusheng, hold me close. Don’t embarrass me tonight.” Her hostility transformed faster than flipping a book.

Fang Yusheng chuckled but did not show it.

“Okay.”

He placed his hand on her waist, but this time, he did not mess around at all.

Qiao Jiusheng coughed and said, “Let’s go.”

Qi Bufan opened the courtyard door. Hugging Qiao Jiusheng’s waist, Fang Yusheng walked out of the courtyard.

Their house was more than 200 meters away from the main house, and on the way was a smooth cement road. Beside the cement road was a flat lawn covered in clean stone slabs. Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng stepped on the stone road and walked toward the main house. Along the way, Qiao Jiusheng kept reminding Fang Yusheng.

“Act well later. We can’t let everyone see our real relationship.

“Also, look at me. Don’t let me make mistakes on impulse.

“Oh right! In order to let everyone see that we’re close, we have to interact more when we enter the house later…”

Fang Yusheng suddenly interrupted her and asked, “Are you nervous?”

Qiao Jiusheng fell silent.

She stepped on the grass with the tip of her high heels and admitted it. “Yes, I’m going to see my grandfather and elder brother soon. I’m nervous.” More than being nervous, she was afraid that she would not be able to hold back from complaining to them. She had suffered so much, and her heart was filled with grievances and hatred. It made her afraid that once she saw her family, all her strength would collapse.

“Ah Sheng.” Fang Yusheng removed his hand from Qiao Jiusheng’s waist and held her hand instead. “Don’t be afraid. I’ll accompany you.”

Qiao Jiusheng sniffed and remained silent.

***

The atmosphere in the main house was warm and lively.

Qiao Sen and Fang Mu gathered together to talk, while Qiao Sen’s wife, Ji Qing, sat together with Qiao Jiuyin. Ji Qing was a psychiatrist, and Qiao Jiuyin’s mood was always fluctuating between good and bad after she got pregnant. At this moment, she was asking Ji Qing for advice on how to adjust her mood. The Old Master, Qiao Yunfan, was surrounded by Fang Pingjue and Xu Pingfei, who kept praising Qiao Jiusheng for being sensible.

The Old Master listened to them with a smile.

“Xiao Sheng is so sensible. She’s not only obedient but also capable. The taste of the pastries she makes leaves our family praising her non-stop.” Xu Pingfei deliberately chose good words to praise Qiao Jiusheng.

When Qiao Yunfan heard this, a hint of confusion appeared on his old face.

“Really?”

“Of course, it’s true!” Xu Pingfei said. She even picked up a plate of mocha frozen cheesecake from the table in front of her and said to Qiao Yunfan, “Xiao Sheng made this. Old Master, do you want to try it?”

Qiao Yunfan stared at the plate of pastries and shook his head. “Impossible, impossible! Our Xiao Sheng can’t make something so beautiful!” He touched the crease on the back of his hand and said with a smile, “I’ve eaten her egg tarts since she was young. I still remember the taste. They were a little blurry and not good.”

As if he had eaten Qiao Jiusheng’s egg tarts again, Old Master Qiao could not help but frown. A disdainful but loving expression appeared on her face. “Our Xiao Sheng hates to make these things the most. On the other hand, Ah Yin likes to mess with these things.” There were times when people with dementia could have the clearest sight.

Chapter 56: Thanksgiving (3)

When Xu Pingfei heard this, she became even more satisfied with Fang Mu’s wife.

A girl who did not like baking and cooking had been willing to learn for Fang Mu and his family. She was really considerate.

Putting down the pastries, Xu Pingfei happily said to Qiao Yunfan, “I heard that Xiao Sheng just learned it a few days ago. This child is really considerate. It’s Fang Mu’s blessing to have married her.”

Qiao Yunfan frowned and remained silent.

Seeing that Qiao Yunfan was about to finish his tea, Qiao Jiuyin got up and poured him another cup. She handed the tea to Qiao Yunfan and said to him with a mischievous smile, “Grandpa, your tea is cold. Change to a cup of hot tea.”

Qiao Yunfan stared at the smile on Qiao Jiuyin’s lips, and his eyes revealed deeper confusion.

“Grandpa, have some tea,” Qiao Jiuyin reminded him.

“Okay.” Qiao Yunfan grabbed the hot tea cup with trembling hands and took a sip. He smacked his lips and finally smiled with narrowed eyes. Putting down the teacup, he said, “Ah Yin, your tea brewing skills are getting better and better. You’re just better than your sister.”

Qiao Jiuyin’s smile dimmed, and she revealed a sad expression. She replied, “Grandpa, you’re mistaken again. I’m Xiao Sheng. Sister is no longer around.”

“Yeah?”

Qiao Yunfan looked even more confused.

He did not understand why Ah Yin would say that she was Xiao Sheng when she was standing right in front of him.

Also, what did it mean when she was no longer around?

When Qiao Sen saw that Qiao Yunfan was about to make a mistake again, he apologized to Fang Mu and walked over. Then, he patted Qiao Yunfan’s shoulder and gently said, “Grandpa, it’s almost time for dinner. There’s the fish that you like tonight. Let’s go wash our hands and eat, okay?”

The news that Chinese perch were available for eating made Qiao Yunfan smile.

“O-Okay!”

After watching Qiao Sen help Old Master Qiao wash his hands, Xu Pingfei turned around and saw Qiao Jiuyin’s sorrow. A sense of pity arose in her heart. She held Qiao Jiuyin’s hand and tightly shook it. She tried to console her daughter-in-law. “Xiao Sheng, don’t be sad.”

Qiao Jiuyin wiped her eyes and softly said, “Grandpa has been ill ever since my parents passed away. His condition has been getting worse over the years, and he can’t recognize anyone and can’t remember anything. Sister… He still doesn’t know about Sister’s death.”

“Sigh!”

Xu Pingfei handed her a piece of paper. “Wipe your tears. Many people are watching you.”

“Yeah.”

When Butler Wan Lang saw Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng, he heaved a sigh of relief.

“Sir, Madam, Young Master and Eldest Young Madam are here,” Wan Lang lowered his head and said into Fang Pingjue’s ear.

Fang Pingjue and Xu Pingfei subconsciously looked outside the house.

Hugging Qiao Jiusheng, Fang Yusheng walked over from afar.

The tall woman was wearing a black, slender, and high-end gown. Her long hair was tied up, and her smooth skin looked more snowy under the contrast of the black dress. As for the tall man, he was dressed in a grayish pink suit. This feminine color looked unbelievably good on him. He did not have any feminine charm, yet he was too handsome.

With a black walking stick and a top hat, Fang Yusheng walked into the main hall with Qiao Jiusheng.

Binjiang City in the tail of November was very cold. The heater in the house was turned on, and when the two of them entered the house, they brought along a chill.

“Dad, Aunt Xu.” The two of them greeted Xu Pingfei and Fang Pingjue. After greeting them, Fang Yusheng said, “Sorry for being late.” He then took off his hat and revealed his energetic buzz cut.

Qiao Jiusheng also took off her jacket.

Wan Lang immediately took their coats and hats.

“So even you know that you’re late.” Fang Pingjue no longer had a smile on his face.

Fang Yusheng casually replied, “I felt some discomfort in my stomach this afternoon, and that delayed me.”

Fang Pingjue’s anger subsided. “Sit.”

Qiao Jiusheng brought Fang Yusheng to find a seat.

In the crowd, a few gazes stopped on Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng.

Qiao Jiuyin stared at Qiao Jiusheng, who was weaving through the crowd. As she looked at Qiao Jiusheng’s gown, her gaze became a little complicated. Fang Mu had initially been looking at Fang Yusheng, but when he unintentionally saw Qiao Jiusheng’s gown, he was stunned.

His gaze followed Qiao Jiusheng’s footsteps, and the complicated emotions in his eyes transformed into longing and confusion.

Even Qiao Sen’s wife, Ji Qing, looked at Qiao Jiusheng in surprise.

Qiao Jiusheng brought Fang Yusheng to find a seat, seemingly unaware of what was happening.

After Qiao Sen and Qiao Yunfan washed their hands, they returned to the main hall and realized that two more people had appeared in the hall. Qiao Sen glanced at Fang Yusheng, who was wearing a pair of sunglasses, and naturally recognized him. He had already seen Fang Yusheng at the wedding. His gaze then landed on the woman beside Fang Yusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng had their backs facing him. The two of them were chatting with Fang Yuqing while standing.

Qiao Sen stared at the back of the woman standing beside Fang Yusheng. When he saw the dress she was wearing, surprise flashed across his eyes.

If he remembered correctly, on the day of his sisters’ graduation ceremony, Xiao Sheng had worn a gown similar to the one worn by this woman. The same long black backless gown and the same tied-up long hair! The more surprising thing was that this woman’s back looked very similar to his sister’s.

The old man beside Qiao Sen suddenly smiled and shouted at the woman beside Fang Yusheng, “Xiao Sheng!”

Everyone fell silent.

Qiao Jiuyin’s pupils shrank, and Qiao Jiusheng’s eyes turned misty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

672K 35.6K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
428K 24.1K 43
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
823K 69K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
233K 26.3K 68
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...