[ON HOLD] Reincarnation: I Ma...

By GirlUnderSun

"Marry me. Once we're married, I will be loyal to you for life-as long as you keep me alive." Qiao Jiusheng w... More

Details
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28
29-35
36-42
50-56
57-63
64-70
71-77
78-84
85-91
92-98
99-105
106-112
113-119
120-126
127-133
134-140
141-147
148-154
155-162
163-169
170-177
178-184
185-191
192-198
199-205
206-212
213-219
220-226
227-233
234-240
241-250 (Truth Revealed)
251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)
258-264
265-272

43-49

952 33 7
By GirlUnderSun

Chapter 43: The Person in the Basement (3)

After drinking all the cherry juice, Qiao Jiuyin felt better.

Fang Mu walked out of the room and said to her while putting on his jacket, “Xiao Sheng, I’m going out for a while. I’ll be back a little late tonight. Sleep early.”

Qiao Jiuyin looked up at him.

Fang Mu was wearing an ink blue shirt, a black narrow tie, and a gray coat. His hair was neatly combed as if he were going on a very important date. Qiao Jiuyin frowned and asked, “What are you going to do dressed like this?”

Fang Mu said, “Something personal.”

After mentioning that, he took the keys, walked over to Qiao Jiuyin, and kissed her forehead. He then left.

Qiao Jiuyin sat on the sofa and frowned.

It’s dark. What other personal matters does he have to attend to?

And he’s dressed so formally.

Qiao Jiuyin had attended many tea parties. At these tea parties, she often heard people talk about which family’s man had cheated on his wife while she was pregnant. Which man did not cheat on his wife? Qiao Jiuyin’s heart sank, and she could not help but feel a sense of crisis.

Come to think of it, we have not done it since they discovered that I was pregnant. Fang Mu is a man too. He has not touched anything for more than a month. He should also get tempted.

Qiao Jiuyin suddenly stood up, took her car keys, and quietly followed Fang Mu’s car.

Fang Mu’s car stopped in front of a small forest.

Qiao Jiuyin stopped as well.

At the foot of the forest was an ordinary two-story bungalow.

Where is this?

Qiao Jiuyin drove the car onto a small road and parked it. Then, she softly walked to the corner of the house. The lights in the house were lit, and she could vaguely see Fang Mu’s figure reflected on the window. However, he was not the only shadow on the window. There were three to four shadows, and judging from their figures, she could tell that all were men.

Qiao Jiuyin heaved a sigh of relief when she confirmed that there was not a woman.

Did Fang Mu drive to such a remote place in the middle of the night to reminisce with his friends?

If it’s just a normal reunion, why didn’t he make things clear to me?

The group of people chatted in the living room for more than ten minutes, then got up and walked inside. Qiao Jiuyin waited outside for a while. However, when she did not see Fang Mu come out after a long time, she could not hold back her curiosity. She quietly pushed open the door and walked in.

Even after looking around the living room, she did not see anyone or hear any conversation.

Qiao Jiuyin walked further into the house, but she still could not find anyone.

There’s no light on the second floor, so Fang Mu and the rest are definitely not on the second floor. There are only three rooms on the first floor, and I didn’t find anyone in each room. Where could they be?

It was a little strange.

Qiao Jiuyin’s eyes shifted slightly, and she seemed to have thought of something. Lowering her head, she looked for something on the floor. After searching for seven to eight minutes, she finally found a floor tile that had been loosened in the second room. She leaned against the crack in the floor and listened. A person’s vague scream reached her ear.

Chills ran up from her feet to her head.

A man was locked up in the basement, and this man was being tortured!

Qiao Jiuyin quietly left the room and the bungalow.

After about two hours, three to four men walked out of the bungalow. Qiao Jiuyin, who was hiding in the dark, jumped in shock when she saw their clothes.

Those people were actually homeless!

Their clothes were dirty and torn, and their hair was greasy and disheveled. When they walked, their bodies swayed from side to side as if they were drunk or high on drugs.

After the men left, Qiao Jiuyin jogged into her car and drove away.

***

Fang Mu returned home after midnight.

He gently pushed open the door and saw that Qiao Jiuyin was already asleep. His actions were even more light.

Worried that he would wake Qiao Jiuyin, Fang Mu did not shower. Instead, he took off his clothes and lay down beside her. Just as his body touched the bed, the woman beside him suddenly turned over. Qiao Jiuyin pulled away Fang Mu’s arm and entered his embrace.

“Brother Mu, what time is it?”

Fang Mu hugged her and replied, “Around thirty past twelve.”

“Why are you back so late?”

“A matter took my time and delayed me.”

Fang Mu placed his hand on her abdomen and asked with concern, “Are you still feeling unwell?”

Qiao Jiuyin shook her head. “Much better.”

“That’s good. Now go to sleep. I’ll hold you.”

“Yeah.”

The two of them hugged each other and slept. The next morning, when Qiao Jiuyin woke up, Fang Mu had already gone to work.

After having breakfast alone, Qiao Jiuyin changed into a pair of loose pants and wore a hat. She got ready to leave. When the servant asked her where she was going, she casually replied that she was going to see her university friends, then left.

Following the route in her memory, Qiao Jiuyin reached the bungalow. She stood at the entrance once again. Last night, it had been too dark, and Qiao Jiuyin had not paid any attention to this house. When she carefully observed it in the daytime, she realized that the walls of this house were filled with tigers. It was not difficult to tell that this was an old house.

She walked to the front door, glanced at the big lock on the door, and pulled a dozen keys out of her pocket.

Click—

Qiao Jiuyin tested the lock one by one and finally opened it.

Chapter 44: The Person in the Basement (Part Four)

After pushing the door open, Qiao Jiuyin entered the house and rushed straight to the second room on the first floor. As she stood beside the floor, she hesitated for a moment. In the end, she bent down and picked up the carpet.

A narrow staircase diagonally led the way underground.

Qiao Jiuyin took out a flashlight from her bag and walked ahead under the faint light.

At the end of the stairs was a long corridor in the basement. After walking down that corridor, Qiao Jiuyin finally reached the end.

The endpoint was a ten-square-meter imprisonment room.

The prison room was surrounded by a dirt wall on three sides. On the front were two bulletproof glass doors. Through the transparent glass door, Qiao Jiuyin saw the man locked in the prison room. It was a man with slightly white hair and a thin body. He looked to be in his fifties, but he was actually older.

Or perhaps, younger.

What surprised Qiao Jiuyin even more was that the man had no clothes on.

Whip marks and blood smears were all over his body. New and old injuries intertwined on his thin back. It was a shocking and scary sight.

Qiao Jiuyin’s flashlight circled the imprisonment room. When she saw the used condom on the ground, she was completely shocked.

“Ah!”

She was so shocked that she dropped the flashlight in her hand.

This commotion finally woke the man up.

The man opened his eyes and stared at the pale Qiao Jiuyin with his turbid eyes.

“Ah!”

His eyes lit up like a desperate beast that had seen hope. He suddenly got up and crawled toward the glass door with his hands and feet. Slamming the glass door, he shouted at Qiao Jiuyin.

“Save me!

“Please, let me out!”

The man seemed to have gone mad. Due to his eagerness and excitement, his expression became hideous.

The glass door creaked because of his slaps. Qiao Jiuyin stared at the lunatic in front of her and retreated a few steps in fear. She then turned around and ran. After running for a while, she rushed back, picked up the flashlight on the ground, and again ran away under the man’s despairing gaze.

As the man watched Qiao Jiuyin escape, he slammed the door even harder.

“Don’t go, let me out!

“Please, let me out!”

Qiao Jiuyin heard the man behind her shout at the top of her lungs and ran even faster.

After leaving the bungalow, she stumbled back to her car. She closed the door and leaned against the car seat while trembling. When she closed her eyes, the man’s despairing eyes and the mess on the floor flashed in her mind.

Her hand that was holding the flashlight trembled non-stop, and her breathing became rapid and disorderly.

When she recalled the scene, she thought of something. Before her and Qiao Jiusheng’s accident had happened, she had originally planned to lock Qiao Jiusheng up for the rest of her life and not let her see anyone. Unfortunately, Qiao Jiusheng had escaped.

Today, she saw a person locked up by Fang Mu. Qiao Jiuyin was flustered. She was not frightened by the man’s miserable state, but by herself, who was similar to Fang Mu.

She did not know who the person in the basement was to Fang Mu, but she had also wanted to deal with her blood sister this way.

Qiao Jiuyin found it hard to accept that she was so cruel.

However, she did not regret it.

After sitting in the car for a long time, Qiao Jiuyin’s mood drastically changed. She felt extremely happy when she realized that she was the same kind of person as Fang Mu. Such similar people should live together.

Qiao Jiuyin picked up her bag and returned to the house.

No one knew what she had done in the basement.

***

The secretary knocked on the vice president’s door, and the person opposite said, “President Fang, Madam is here.”

Fang Mu looked up in surprise. His wife had not come to the company to look for him for a long time.

“Invite her up.”

The secretary personally went downstairs and picked up Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin was carrying a lunch box. When she saw Fang Mu, she immediately flashed a bright smile. “Brother Mu, are you surprised to see me?” Qiao Jiuyin shook the lunch box in her hand and smiled, innocently and cutely.

The smile infected Fang Mu. He was not feeling hungry, yet he now had an appetite. “Xiao Sheng, why are you here instead of resting at home?”

Holding her hand, Fang Mu led Qiao Jiuyin into the office.

He closed the office door and placed the lunch box on the coffee table.

The two of them then cuddled for a while before sitting together for lunch.

Qiao Jiuyin had not vomited much in these two days, but her appetite was still weak. She only ate half a bowl of rice. After wiping her mouth, she said to Fang Mu, “My big brother and grandfather are coming on the 22nd of next month.”

Upon hearing this, Fang Mu turned his head and said to her, “The accommodations have been arranged. They will be staying at our house. What do you think?”

“Alright, my big brother and grandfather are not picky people. Besides, I can be more at ease if they choose to live in our house.” Qiao Jiuyin asked again, “In those few days, we might as well move back too.”

“Okay.”

“Oh right! Do Grandpa and Big Brother have any restrictions on food? If they do, remember to tell the chef in advance.”

“I will.”

Chapter 45: Phone (Part One)

Thanksgiving was still a month away, but the Fang family had already started preparing for the banquet.

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng were also going to attend the Thanksgiving dinner, so they naturally had to make preparations.

One day, Qiao Jiusheng went to the supermarket with Aunt Jin to buy some daily necessities. When she returned, she happened to see a designer coming to the Fang family to tailor clothes for Xu Pingfei and the girls. When Qiao Jiusheng saw this, she became envious.

After the accident, all her bank cards from before had become Qiao Jiuyin’s. Now, Qiao Jiusheng was a bachelor and penniless.

To put it bluntly, she was Fang Yusheng’s parasite.

The moment she got home, Qiao Jiusheng searched the entire house for Fang Yusheng, but she could not find him.

When Aunt Jin saw that Qiao Jiusheng had yet to find Fang Yusheng, she said, “Young Master Yusheng might be in his collection room.”

Qiao Jiusheng’s eyes lit up. She hurriedly ran to the third floor and pushed open the door to the collection room that she had never entered before.

The collection room was not locked. The house had surveillance cameras everywhere and also a Qi Bufan, so there was no need to lock it. Qiao Jiusheng pushed the door open and looked around. However, she did not see Fang Yusheng. She turned around to leave, but she took another glance at the room. A phone on the table immediately captured her attention.

Ten years ago, Brand X had issued a smartphone called First Generation X. This phone was very powerful with a fingerprint lock and voice control. Only the owner of the phone could operate it. If anyone other than the owner wanted to unlock or use the phone, they had to ask the owner to set the phone that way.

Qiao Jiusheng remembered that during the Spring Festival, she had received a First Generation X phone from her father.

However, she had lost it for some reason.

Ten years had passed, and smartphones had gone from the first generation to the tenth generation. Each generation was more expensive than the last. The phone on the table was a First Generation X phone, a phone from ten years ago. Yet, it looked brand new. This showed how much Fang Yusheng loved this phone.

Qiao Jiusheng had not seen a First Generation X phone in many years. It was an antique.

She could not help but walk forward and pick up the phone.

After taking a closer look at the front and back of the phone, Qiao Jiusheng was even more surprised. There were no scratches on the phone’s body at all. Come to think of it, this phone must mean a lot to Fang Yusheng.?Qiao Jiusheng just did not know whether the phone meant a lot to Fang Yusheng or the person who gave him the phone was very important.

As she guiltily looked around, she confirmed that Fang Yusheng was really not in the room. She placed the phone back.

She touched her phone with her right hand and muttered, “I hope he doesn’t find out that I sneaked into his collection room…”

Qiao Jiusheng quietly left the collection room. Just as she reached the second floor, she bumped into Fang Yusheng and Qi Bufan.

“Ah Sheng?”

Sensing that someone was standing in front of him, Fang Yusheng guessed that this person must be Qiao Jiusheng. So, he said, “Aunt Jin said that you were looking for me.”

“Oh, right.”

“What’s the matter?”

Qiao Jiusheng quickly said, “It’s like this. Someone came from the main house and measured Aunt Xu’s and her sisters’ sizes. They want to make customized dresses. Um, I also want to have two made, but…” Qiao Jiusheng’s fingers were wrapped together as she softly said, “You know my situation. I’m really shy…”

Fang Yusheng’s lips curled up a little as he understood what she meant. He placed his hands behind his back and expressionlessly said to Qiao Jiusheng, “Beg me.”

Qiao Jiusheng replied, “Beg your sister!”

She spat and ran downstairs.

As soon as she left, Fang Yusheng’s expressionless face suddenly beamed. “Bufan, call Miss Wei Xin later and tell her about Madam’s height.”

“Okay.”

Fang Yusheng then pushed open the door of the collection room and walked in. He said to Qi Bufan, “Ah Nuo wants something in the third row. Just take it off and give it to him.”

Behind him, Qi Bufan remained silent.

Fang Yusheng was puzzled when Qi Bufan did not reply.

“What is it?”

Qi Bufan looked at the phone with the bright screen on the table as his eyes flickered with confusion. He said to Fang Yusheng, “Mr. Fang, that phone…”

“What happened to the phone?” Fang Yusheng thought that the phone was missing, so he instantly became nervous. However, he heard Qi Bufan say, “It’s unlocked.”

“…”

Fang Yusheng’s handsome face suddenly froze. It seemed as if he had turned into a wooden statue.

After a moment of silence, Fang Yusheng’s fingers trembled.

“What did you say?”

There was a hint of nervousness and caution in Fang Yusheng’s voice.

Qi Bufan walked forward, picked up the phone, and looked at it again. Then, he turned around and repeated his words to Fang Yusheng. “Mr. Fang, the phone is unlocked.”

Fang Yusheng’s breathing quickened.

He took the phone and touched it.

The phone was cold, devoid of any warmth. Yet, Fang Yusheng’s heart started to burn.

“Extraordinary.”

“Mr. Fang, I’m here.”

Tightly holding the phone, Fang Yusheng said, “Check the surveillance cameras!”

Chapter 46: Phone (Part Two)

Qiao Jiusheng saw Qi Bufan fly into his room like a gust of wind, so she followed him and asked, “Bufan, why are you running so fast?”

Qi Bufan did not say anything. He entered his room and sat down behind the computer.

Qiao Jiusheng realized that he must be handling serious matters, so she did not dare to create trouble.

She turned around to leave the room. However, she bumped into Fang Yusheng.

“Don’t you make any sound when you walk?” Qiao Jiusheng rubbed her nose.

It was rare for Fang Yusheng to not argue with her.

Qiao Jiusheng looked up at Fang Yusheng and realized that he had opened his eyes.

He could not see clearly, yet Qiao Jiusheng got the feeling that Fang Yusheng was sizing her up.

Even a blind person can size people up?

She pinched her nose and asked Fang Yusheng, “What’s wrong?”

Fang Yusheng’s hands hung by his legs. His lips moved up and down, but in the end, he only shook his head in a stiff manner.

“Then, please make way,” Qiao Jiusheng said.

Fang Yusheng obediently moved aside.

Qiao Jiusheng was puzzled. She rubbed her sore nose and walked toward the back of Fang Yusheng. Fang Yusheng stood at the same spot and did not turn around or walk into Qi Bufan’s room. As he stood upright, he pricked up his ears and tried to hear the commotion in the living room behind him.

Qiao Jiusheng seemed to be drinking tea. After she finished it, she lay down on the sofa again.

However, it seemed that she couldn’t sit still anymore, so she stood up and ran toward the kitchen.

Fang Yusheng heard Qiao Jiusheng acting coquettishly with Aunt Jin. “Aunt Jin, can we eat pork trotters and stewed peanuts tonight? It’d be even better if it’s stewed a little.”

“Okay, okay, okay!” Aunt Jin replied.

Fang Yusheng had never noticed that his wife was so coquettish and loving.

“Mr. Fang.”

Suddenly, Qi Bufan’s voice rang about a meter in front of Fang Yusheng.

Fang Yusheng followed the sound and closed the door.

Qi Bufan looked at the closed door, then shifted his gaze to Fang Yusheng. His expression was complex but relieved. Unfortunately, Fang Yusheng could not see all these emotions.

It was rare for Fang Yusheng to not rush him.

Fang Yusheng just quietly stood there, waiting for Qi Bufan to speak.

Qi Bufan sighed and said, “Yes, Sir.”

His heart, which was hanging high in the sky, suddenly fell back to its original place. Qi Bufan now felt at ease.

Fang Yusheng trembled. He reached out to lean on the desk in Qi Bufan’s room.

He tightly pursed his lips as he felt ridiculous.

“How could this be…”

Qi Bufan said again, “I checked the surveillance cameras. It’s absolutely true. Madam opened that phone.” Seeing Fang Yusheng’s disbelief, Qi Bufan reminded him, “Mr. Fang, you said that only you and the owner of that phone can open it.”

Qi Bufan took a step forward and stood beside Fang Yusheng. He told him with certainty, “Madam is that person.”

Fang Yusheng tightly gripped the table.

“Bufan,” he said, his voice husky.

Qi Bufan nodded and asked, “What is it?”

“Between Fang Mu and me, who looks better?”

Qi Bufan was stunned. However, he immediately understood why Fang Yusheng had asked this.

So, he is not confident.

After thinking about it, Qi Bufan said, “Everyone has their own strengths, but in my heart, a hundred Fang Mus can’t compare to you.”

“Really?”

“I never lie.”

Fang Yusheng asked again, “Can you tell me what she looks like?”

Qi Bufan said, “Tall and thin.”

“…

“Tell me more details.”

After a long silence, Qi Bufan continued, “Her nose is narrow and sharp. She has slightly red lips, dark eyes, and good skin.”

This description was abstract.

Fang Yusheng held his forehead. “Bufan, stop it.”

Qi Bufan scratched his head and retreated.

Fang Yusheng stayed alone in Qi Bufan’s room for a long time until Qiao Jiusheng pushed open the door. She poked her head in to shout, “Fang Yusheng, it’s time for dinner! Hurry up!”

Without waiting for Fang Yusheng to reply, Qiao Jiusheng, who was in a hurry to eat meat, ran back to the dining room.

Fang Yusheng took a deep breath and left the room. Even before reaching the dining table, he could smell meat.

It could be said that the meat was extremely fragrant.

Someone suddenly grabbed his wrist. Then, Qiao Jiusheng led Fang Yusheng to a chair.

“Come, come, sit here.” Qiao Jiusheng pressed him against the chair and sat him down. She then handed him a pair of chopsticks and said, “From left to right, there are stir-fried vegetables, black fungus salad, fried tofu, and a celery lotus soup at the far end.”

When she was done introducing the food to him, Qiao Jiusheng could not wait to get started. She sat on her chair and reached for the pot of pork trotters.

Fang Yusheng held his chopsticks and did not eat for a long time.

Qiao Jiusheng took two bites before realizing that Fang Yusheng was not eating anything. She confusedly asked him, “What’s wrong? Do you want me to feed you?” She only mentioned it casually.

In front of Fang Yusheng, Qiao Jiusheng had started to become ruder.

“Can you?” Fang Yusheng asked.

Qiao Jiusheng tilted her head. “What do you mean?”

Fang Yusheng explained with a wooden expression, “Can you feed me?”

Qiao Jiusheng was frightened.

“Sure, but—”

Before Qiao Jiusheng could finish, Fang Yusheng consciously handed the chopsticks to her. Lowering his posture, he seriously said, “Then I’ll have to trouble you.”

Qiao Jiusheng stared at the chopsticks, shut her mouth, and remained silent for a while. Then, she took the chopsticks and sat beside Fang Yusheng.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Black fungus salad.”

Qiao Jiusheng fed him a mouthful of cold fungus and asked again, “What do you want to eat?”

“Fried tofu.”

She patiently fed him a few more mouthfuls.

Fang Yusheng ate very gently and slowly. Every few mouthfuls that Qiao Jiusheng fed him, she would glance at the pork trotter. When Qiao Jiusheng saw that the pork trotters were about to turn cold and that Fang Yusheng showed no intention of stopping, she became a little anxious. Suddenly, a sly smile appeared on her face, and she picked up a piece of pork trotter with her chopsticks.

She brought the pork trotter to Fang Yusheng’s mouth and said, “Come, have another piece of fried tofu.”

Fang Yusheng’s nose twitched, and he smelled the fragrance of meat.

His eyelashes trembled, but he still opened his mouth.

Qiao Jiusheng quickly stuffed the piece of meat into Fang Yusheng’s mouth. When she saw him biting the pig trotter, she instantly smiled like a cat that had stolen a fish. Fang Yusheng frowned and realized that the food in his mouth was a pig trotter. He did not spit it out but ate it with a frown.

When Qiao Jiusheng saw that Fang Yusheng really ate the pig trotter piece, her smile disappeared.

She quickly scooped half a bowl of soup and handed it to Fang Yusheng. When he finished, she said, “You really can’t eat greasy food…”

Fang Yusheng suddenly raised his hand and held Qiao Jiusheng’s hand that she had yet to retract. His fingers touched the back of Qiao Jiusheng’s hand, and Qiao Jiusheng’s heart numbed. She subconsciously looked down at the back of her hand.

At this moment, she heard the man beside her say with a doting smile, “It’s nothing. Whatever your wife feeds you, you have to eat it even if it’s poison.”

Qiao Jiusheng almost smashed the bowl in her hand. Can I still eat properly?

Chapter 47: Tall and Daring

Qiao Jiusheng struggled to free her arm, but Fang Yusheng remained indifferent.

“Let go of my hand,” she said as she rolled her eyes.

“Oh, I forgot! Sorry!” Fang Yusheng insincerely apologized, then let go of Qiao Jiusheng’s hand.

Qiao Jiusheng retracted her hand and put down the bowl. She then quickly shook her hand.

Fang Yusheng’s warmth was still on the back of her hand, but this warmth was scorching hot.

She quickly moved away from Fang Yusheng and sat in her seat to heartily eat. Fang Yusheng wiped the grease off his mouth. He looked to be in no hurry to leave the table; he just quietly sat opposite Qiao Jiusheng. He could not see her eating, yet he maintained a happy smile.

Qi Bufan’s eyes darted between the couple. He then looked down at his bowl and silently increased the speed of his meal.

He had to quickly leave after dinner. He could not delay these two people’s ‘tender feelings.’

Qiao Jiusheng had a terrible meal. She did not know why Fang Yusheng had gone crazy, but he kept facing her and slyly smiling. After dinner, Qiao Jiusheng stood up and said, “I’m going out to shop in the afternoon.” Then, she ran upstairs, changed into her traveling clothes, and rushed downstairs with her bag.

After telling Fang Yusheng that she would see him later tonight, Qiao Jiusheng ran out of the door.

Fang Yusheng, who was standing by the corridor, suddenly said to her, “Ah Sheng, wait!”

Qiao Jiusheng helplessly stopped in her tracks.

She stood at the entrance and turned to look at Fang Yusheng. She curiously asked him, “What do you want?”

Fang Yusheng slowly walked toward her and stretched out his hands to explore the void. Qiao Jiusheng could not stand it anymore. She took a few steps forward to hold his wrist. “I’m here.”

Fang Yusheng smiled and humbly asked, “Can you bring me along?”

Qiao Jiusheng blinked, not understanding what he meant.

“What did you say?” Since she was too surprised, she spoke in Northeast Chinese.

Fang Yusheng’s smile deepened. He patiently repeated it. “I said: can you take me shopping today?”

Qiao Jiusheng finally confirmed that she had not heard wrongly.

She wanted to reject him.

Actually, the two of them were husband and wife only in name. They had no feelings for each other at all. So what is it about us shopping together? Besides, Fang Yusheng can’t see, so what is the point of him shopping?

Qiao Jiusheng’s mind was in a mess. Fang Yusheng, who was in front of her, suddenly said, “I haven’t shopped in so many years. I almost can’t remember the bustling feeling when shopping.”

Fang Yusheng’s tone was light, but there was a hint of sadness in his words.

Qiao Jiusheng’s heart softened and she agreed with him. “Then quickly go and change.”

Immediately after giving that reply, Qiao Jiusheng regretted it.

However, Fang Yusheng was nodding happily. He even said, “I’ll go change. I can’t see, so help me match the dress.” He was so excited, and Qiao Jiusheng could not bear to spoil his mood.

“Fine.”

The two of them went upstairs together. For the first time, Qiao Jiusheng was allowed into Fang Yusheng’s cloakroom.

The moment she entered the room, plain cotton shirts filled her vision.

Qiao Jiusheng casually took off those clothes with eyes full of disdain.

She did not like these clothes.

After many troubles, she managed to find two bright-colored suits on the innermost rack. When she did, her eyes lit up. She peeled the clothes off the rack and threw them to Fang Yusheng, who was standing by the door. “Wear this!”

Fang Yusheng caught the shirt and slowly touched it with his fingers. Finally, he asked, “What color is it?”

Qiao Jiusheng spouted nonsense. “White.”

“Where about the pants?”

“It’s a gray one.”

“Sure.”

Fang Yusheng stood at the same spot and took off his clothes. When Qiao Jiusheng saw this, she quickly said, “Wait, I’ll go out first!”

Fang Yusheng paused and stood aside. When he heard Qiao Jiusheng leave the cloakroom, he slowly put on the clothes she had chosen for him.

After changing their clothes, the two of them went downstairs together.

Qi Bufan was sitting on a stone stool in the courtyard, holding his car keys as he waited for Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng. Hearing footsteps, he turned around. However, the sight left him stunned. He had never seen Fang Yusheng in a red shirt.

Fang Yusheng looked really good and bold. He was dressed in a red shirt, green pants, and a yellow belt…

Mr. Fang really dared to wear it.

Upon seeing Qi Bufan’s shocked gaze, Qiao Jiusheng smiled with her teeth bared. But, she did not make a sound.

Fang Yusheng did not sense anything amiss.

Ten years ago, he had been in a difficult position, where a young lady had saved him. The young lady had been carrying a pile of clothes, and she said to the seriously injured Fang Yusheng, “I bought these clothes from a stall by the roadside. Although they are a little ugly, they are cheap. I only have 100 yuan left… You can wear them as you wish. Don’t worry, you look very good. You won’t look ugly wearing them.”

So, he had worn it.

He could not see, so he had not known what the little girl meant by ‘a little ugly.’ Later on, when he returned home, he did not throw away those clothes. Instead, he got someone to wash them and hang them up. Fang Yusheng naturally did not know that after ten years, he had put on the flowery clothes from back then.

The clothes were very loose, and Fang Yusheng felt comfortable wearing them. It could be seen that the street stalls and the luxury goods felt similar when he was wearing them.

The corners of Qi Bufan’s mouth twitched. He ignored Qiao Jiusheng’s gaze and reminded Fang Yusheng, “Mr. Fang, are you sure you want to shop like this?”

Fang Yusheng was about to ask what was wrong with this outfit when Qiao Jiusheng’s mischievous words suddenly rang in his ears. “You look great wearing this.”

Fang Yusheng’s heart skipped a beat. He turned sideways and lowered his head to ask Qiao Jiusheng, “Do I really look good?”

“Yeah.”

After getting an affirmative answer, Fang Yusheng felt like he had taken a calming pill. Confidence instantly surged inside his heart, and he felt like he were floating.

He said to Qi Bufan, “That’s it. As long as the clothes are comfortable.”

With that, Fang Yusheng stretched out his hand to Qiao Jiusheng. “Take me into the car.”

“Okay.”

Holding Fang Yusheng’s hand, Qiao Jiusheng got into the car. When she closed the door, she even stuck her tongue out at Qi Bufan.

Qi Bufan covered his eyes, unwilling to look at Fang Yusheng’s outfit.

***

Binjiang City was the capital of China, so there was no need to say anything about its prosperity.

Ten Miles Fragrance was Binjiang City’s business district. A car drove into the basement of a mall, and the three of them took the elevator into the mall. Qiao Jiusheng did not have money, so she could only open her eyes to look at the new clothes on the shelves along the way. She was embarrassed to ask Fang Yusheng to buy them for her, so she did not say anything along the way.

Today, Fang Yusheng seemed very easy to talk to. He noticed that Qiao Jiusheng was walking slowly. Therefore, he suddenly stopped and turned to her. “Let’s go in and take a look.”

Qiao Jiusheng quickly said, “No, no.”

Fang Yusheng said, “You’re right. We’re husband and wife, so we should share our assets. Just buy whatever you want.”

Qiao Jiusheng was a little tempted.

She glanced at Fang Yusheng’s side profile and swallowed her saliva. Then, she carefully asked, “Really, I can buy it directly?”

“Yes.” Young Master Fang was quite generous today.

Fang Yusheng had already said so, so why was Qiao Jiusheng still being polite to him?

“Let’s go buy some clothes!”

With a wave of her hand, Qiao Jiusheng led Fang Yusheng into the clothing shop. She looked rather heroic.

Although Fang Yusheng could not see, he felt good hearing her tone.

He remained patient as he sat on the sofa while Qiao Jiusheng picked new autumn clothes. After shopping for an hour, Qiao Jiusheng finally felt embarrassed. “Um, Brother Bufan, what brand of clothes do men usually buy?”

Fang Yusheng suddenly smiled.

My wife knows how to buy clothes for me. She must have me in her heart.

Chapter 48: I Really Like It

Upon hearing Qiao Jiusheng’s question, Qi Bufan asked, “Expensive or middle-class?”

Qiao Jiusheng thought about it and answered, “Something more expensive.” Wei Shuyi had taken her in for two months, so it was only right to buy more expensive clothes for him in return.

Qi Bufan told her the brand name, and Qiao Jiusheng recalled that there was a shop in this mall that had this brand. The three of them arrived at the men’s clothing shop together. When the employees in the shop saw Fang Yusheng’s heaven-defying outfit, they hesitated for a moment. However, in the end, they shyly smiled and greeted the group. “Welcome. Do you want to buy men’s clothes?”

“Yeah,” Fang Yusheng replied.

“What type of clothes do you want to buy?”

Fang Yusheng heard Qiao Jiusheng say, “I’ll take a look myself.”

Fang Yusheng smiled even more brightly.

Qiao Jiusheng brought Fang Yusheng to a single leather chair and sat him down. She then said to him, “Just sit and wait for me.”

She’s even worried that I’m tired. Ah Sheng is really considerate.

Fang Yusheng could not control the smile on his face. He nodded. However, as if he felt that it was not enough, he said, “I’ll wait for you.”

“Okay.” Qiao Jiusheng turned around to look at her clothes.

Fang Yusheng pricked up his ears and heard the conversation between Qiao Jiusheng and the sales assistant. Because of the rejection, he could only hear a few blurry words.

“About 1.84 meters tall, medium build, and a quiet and serious personality…”

Fang Yusheng curled his lips. So this is what she thinks of me.

He could not help but adjust his posture and try to look like a serious person.

Qi Bufan glanced at Fang Yusheng and smiled.

After hearing the sales assistant’s recommendation, Qiao Jiusheng walked to the left side of the shop. She chose for a long time and finally picked a brown leather jacket. The design of the shirt was good, and the shirt was not cheap. Qiao Jiusheng took the shirt and sized it up.

She thought: Wei Shuyi and Fang Yusheng are about the same height. Since Wei Shuyi is not here, Fang Yusheng can try it on.

She took the clothes and walked to Fang Yusheng.

Fang Yusheng heard her approaching and looked up to ask her, “Done choosing?”

“Yeah.”

Qiao Jiusheng hesitated before continuing, “Yusheng, can you stand up and help me by trying on these clothes?”

Fang Yusheng got excited and instantly stood up, completely ignoring the word ‘help’ in Qiao Jiusheng’s sentence. On the other hand, Qi Bufan was a little surprised. He looked at Qiao Jiusheng more.

Fang Yusheng reached out, and Qiao Jiusheng handed him the leather jacket.

He was a little surprised to discover that the material of the clothes was leather.

Could it be that Ah Sheng likes men in leather clothes?

Without thinking much, Fang Yusheng put on the leather jacket. He touched the length of the jacket and moved his arms, feeling that the size and the length of the shirt’s shoulders were just right. Ah Sheng’s taste is excellent. The clothes she chose are just right. They are neither big nor small and fit me perfectly.

The corners of his lips curled up because of his good mood. Without waiting for Qiao Jiusheng to speak, he said, “It’s just right. Thank you! I like it very much.” Then, he handed Qi Bufan a card and said, “Bufan, go pay the bill.”

What a joke! As a man, how can I let a woman pay the bill?

Qiao Jiusheng had originally reached out with the intention of taking off Fang Yusheng’s clothes. However, when she heard his words, she could not react in time.

Qi Bufan looked at Qiao Jiusheng’s hands and then at the happy Fang Yusheng. After thinking about it, he decided to pretend that he did not know anything. Taking the card from Fang Yusheng’s hand, he ran away to settle the bill.

Qiao Jiusheng opened her mouth, and her tongue moved. In the end, she dryly replied, “You’re welcome.”

When Qi Bufan returned, he had a bag in his hand with the clothes inside.

Qiao Jiusheng glanced at the clothes and realized that they were the same style as Fang Yusheng’s. This surprised her, and she looked at Qi Bufan without batting an eyelid.

Qi Bufan gazed back at her with a complicated expression.

Qiao Jiusheng could see many things in his eyes.

For example: ‘Don’t hurt Mr. Fang.’

Qi Bufan handed the bag to Qiao Jiusheng, who took it. Qi Bufan then handed the card to Fang Yusheng, who did not accept it. Instead, Fang Yusheng said to Qi Bufan with a smile, “Choose one for yourself.”

It was rare for a rooster to voluntarily pluck its feathers.

Qi Bufan did not stand on ceremony. He immediately turned around to pick his clothes. He was very fast, afraid that the Eldest Young Master would regret the decision.

Qiao Jiusheng carried the bag and lowered her head in a daze.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her head. Qiao Jiusheng looked up in surprise and realized that the hand was Fang Yusheng’s. Fang Yusheng gently patted her, then asked, “What color is the jacket?”

“Brown.”

“Brown… is a good color.” Fang Yusheng pursed his lips and retracted his hand. He touched his clothes and repeated, “I really like it.” He decided to wear more brown clothes in the future.

Qiao Jiusheng looked at his happy face but could not say anything.

Fang Yusheng seemed to be in a good mood the entire afternoon.

Qiao Jiusheng did not dare to think about why he was in a good mood.

After returning home, Fang Yusheng took off his clothes, hung them up, and wiped them flat. He acted as if he were treating a treasure. Qiao Jiusheng stood in the bedroom and silently watched this scene. Her feelings were indescribable.

When dinner ended, Qiao Jiusheng suddenly said that she was going out.

Fang Yusheng subconsciously wanted to object, but he held back his words.

“Where are you going?” he asked in a normal tone.

Qiao Jiusheng said, “I’m going to see a friend.”

“Alright, come back early.”

“Yeah.”

Qiao Jiusheng carried the bag and left.

Fang Yusheng sat alone on the sofa and thought about it. He remained silent.

She is Qi Yunsheng now, so what friends does she have?

He regretted agreeing to let Qiao Jiusheng go out for a walk.

Suddenly feeling a little vexed, Fang Yusheng stood up and walked into the meditation room. The Heart Cleansing Incantation that could soothe his heart in the past was no longer effective now. Fang Yusheng threw down the scriptures and walked to the kitchen. He opened the third cabinet and took out a bag of cat food.

After carrying the cat food to the entrance of the house, he sat down and softly called out. In response, a group of stray cats approached him.

Fang Yusheng scattered cat food all over the floor and said, “She’s worse than a cat. She even ran out at night…”

Qiao Jiusheng returned to the house covered in silver light.

From afar, she saw the man sitting at the entrance of the house.

Fang Yusheng was wearing a cotton shirt and a slightly thick knitted jacket. A group of wild cats surrounded him. He kept muttering, but because his voice was soft, Qiao Jiusheng could not make out his words. She lightened her footsteps and walked closer, only to hear Fang Yusheng say to a yellow cat, “Second Black, this belongs to the Third Idiot. You’re not allowed to snatch it!”

Qiao Jiusheng was speechless.

“It’s a yellow flower cat, not a small black cat.” After saying that, Qiao Jiusheng sat down beside Fang Yusheng.

Fang Yusheng suddenly shut his mouth.

He remained silent for a moment before asking, “What time is it?”

Qiao Jiusheng said, “10: 30 pm.”

Fang Yusheng did not say anything and got up to walk into the house. Qiao Jiusheng followed him. Just as she entered the house, the man in front of her suddenly asked Qi Bufan in a loud voice, “Bufan, what time is the entrance ban? Tell Madam.” From his tone, he seemed a little unhappy.

Qi Bufan was a little confused, and Qiao Jiusheng was also surprised.

When did their family have access rights?

Qi Bufan met Qiao Jiusheng’s puzzled gaze and replied in all seriousness, “Nine thirty.”

Fang Yusheng turned around and said to Qiao Jiusheng, “Since this is your first offense, I won’t punish you. If you make another mistake next time, I’ll deduct 10,000 yuan!”

There was no punishment more severe than deducting a pauper’s money.

Chapter 49: Happiness Is So Heavy (1)

In cold weather, taking a shower before sleeping was the most comfortable thing.

As Qiao Jiusheng showered, she thought about the matter in a daze. When does this family have such a ridiculous rule like door access? Why do I have no knowledge of it?

When she came out of the shower, she heard the Buddhist song on the radio again.

Qiao Jiusheng directly covered the radio with the towel on her head, but this could not cover the sound inside. She turned around and pulled a long face. Seeing Fang Yusheng with a book in his hand, Qiao Jiusheng sneered. She thought: This man really likes to posture. How can a blind person read!

From his posture, Fang Yusheng really looked like a noble and elegant handsome young master.

“Can I turn off this radio? I hear it every day, and my brain is about to explode.” Qiao Jiusheng tried to communicate with Fang Yusheng again.

In the past, she would raise suggestions every few days, hoping that Fang Yusheng would change his habit of listening to Buddhist scriptures before bed.

Fang Yusheng had disagreed every time.

That was why Qiao Jiusheng did not have much hope. She was prepared to hear him say no. Who knew…

Fang Yusheng, who was by the bed, raised his head and turned to face the radio. His pursed lips suddenly curled up as he gently said, “Okay, turn it off.”

Qiao Jiusheng was shocked. “What did you say?”

When Fang Yusheng heard the disbelief in Qiao Jiusheng’s tone, his smile deepened. He repeated, “I said, turn it off if you want.” Then, he paused for two to three seconds and sincerely added, “I also think this voice is quite annoying.”

“It’s over, it’s over. A piece of pork trotter meat has ruined your brain.” Qiao Jiusheng mumbled. She quickly turned off the radio before Fang Yusheng could go back on his words.

The entire world instantly fell silent.

Qiao Jiusheng’s hair was long, and she planned to change and sleep after drying it.

Fang Yusheng heard her take off her clothes, and a subtle expression appeared on his face.

“Ah Sheng, go into the cloakroom to change in the future.” What’s a girl doing taking off her clothes casually in front of a man?

Upon hearing this, Qiao Jiusheng did not think too much about it. She immediately replied, “You can’t see. Every room can be a cloakroom.”

Fang Yusheng was speechless.

She makes sense.

Qiao Jiusheng changed into her pajamas and climbed onto the bed. She noticed that Fang Yusheng was holding the book. As she stared at the book, she could not help but ask, “You can’t see, so why are you holding a book?”

“You’re right,” Fang Yusheng said.

Huh?

Just as Qiao Jiusheng felt strange, Fang Yusheng suddenly handed the book in his hand to her. Qiao Jiusheng held it in a daze and heard Fang Yusheng say, “It’s fine if you don’t work, but you’re spending so much money. You have to do something.”

Qiao Jiusheng, who had spent more than 200,000 yuan on shopping, instantly blushed.

“Then… what do you want? What do you want me to do?” she shamelessly asked.

Fang Yusheng was about to speak when Qiao Jiusheng quickly added, “Don’t make me copy scriptures again.”

Fang Yusheng chuckled.

“Come closer.” He waved at her as if he were beckoning a puppy.

Qiao Jiusheng leaned toward him.

When their legs touched, Fang Yusheng did not say anything, but Qiao Jiusheng quickly moved away as if she had been electrocuted. Under the blanket, Fang Yusheng secretly touched the side of his thigh and felt his heart. Before I could feel her temperature, she hurriedly ran away. It’s a pity.

After putting away his charming thoughts, Fang Yusheng said, “Read to me. Read for half an hour every night.”

Qiao Jiusheng heaved a sigh of relief. Fortunately, I don’t have to copy Buddhist scriptures.

He’s so old, yet he still wants to listen to bedtime stories.

She glanced at the book cover and saw that it was a book she had never heard of.

The cover was black with white words written on it. On the entire page, there was only the book name and the author’s name.

The book was called “The Classic Words of a Genius,” and the author was Zhuang Long.

Qiao Jiusheng frowned and asked, “Who is Zhuang Long? I’ve never heard of him.”

“A friend.”

Qiao Jiusheng instantly became curious about Fang Yusheng’s friend. Impressive! There is actually an author among Fang Yusheng’s friends. He even published a book. How impressive! “Impressive! He even published a book. Introduce him to me someday.”

“Sure.” Fang Yusheng thought of something and maliciously smiled.

Qiao Jiusheng opened the book and read, “Look at you. You weigh 160 pounds, but your stomach occupies 100.”

Qiao Jiusheng raised her eyebrows after reading.

What book is this?

The first sentence is venomous.

Her gaze shifted to the second line and she read again. “I don’t know what’s in a genius’s head, but I know very well that my mind is filled with water. Otherwise, why would I marry Xiao Li?” After reading the line, Qiao Jiusheng vaguely understood that this book should have recorded the classic quotes from the person called Zhuang Long.

After reading the third line, Qiao Jiusheng suddenly laughed.

Fang Yusheng asked, “What are you laughing at?”

“Where did you get this book?” Without waiting for Fang Yusheng to answer, Qiao Jiusheng firmly continued, “You must not know the contents of this book.” Otherwise, he would not have let me read it.

Fang Yusheng confusedly asked her, “How did you know?”

“Because this mentions you.”

Surprised, Fang Yusheng curiously asked, “What does it say about me?”

Qiao Jiusheng kindly reminded him. “Do you really want to hear it?”

“Yeah.”

She lightly coughed, then slowly said, “Fang Yusheng is handsome? Bullsh*t! Would a real handsome person be 28 or 29 years old and still a virgin?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 280K 104
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
683K 35.7K 30
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ~ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐 Sara Zafar, once a vibrant, effervescent spirit, embarks on a new chapter of her life in New Y...
3.6M 288K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...