[ON HOLD] Reincarnation: I Ma...

By GirlUnderSun

"Marry me. Once we're married, I will be loyal to you for life-as long as you keep me alive." Qiao Jiusheng w... More

Details
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28
36-42
43-49
50-56
57-63
64-70
71-77
78-84
85-91
92-98
99-105
106-112
113-119
120-126
127-133
134-140
141-147
148-154
155-162
163-169
170-177
178-184
185-191
192-198
199-205
206-212
213-219
220-226
227-233
234-240
241-250 (Truth Revealed)
251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)
258-264
265-272

29-35

1.1K 25 8
By GirlUnderSun

Chapter 29: The Twin Couple (1)

“What a good girl,” Xu Pingfei replied with a smile. She took out a box and handed it to Qiao Jiusheng.

Inside the box was a pair of exquisite gold bangles. They looked exquisite and lustrous, seemingly quite expensive.

Before Qiao Jiusheng could reach out her hand, Fang Yusheng took the box and casually stuffed it into Qiao Jiusheng’s arms. He then calmly said to Xu Pingfei, “Aunt Xu, you’re so considerate. I’ll thank you on behalf of Ah Sheng.” His actions were quick as if he were afraid Qiao Jiusheng would reject her.

Qiao Jiusheng silently retracted her outstretched fingers and hugged the box with a calm smile.

Seeing Fang Yusheng’s actions, Fang Pingjue frowned, but Xu Pingfei’s smile remained unchanged. She even said, “It’s alright.”

Next, Fang Yusheng brought Qiao Jiusheng to meet his uncle and aunt and received their greeting gift. Only then did Fang Yusheng bring Qiao Jiusheng to sit at the dining table. As they walked, he educated her. “You are a newly married wife. If they give anything to you, just accept it. Don’t reject anything.”

Qiao Jiusheng followed him and silently complained. “Don’t let a duck that has reached your mouth fly away. You shouldn’t reject anything good, right?”

Fang Yusheng nodded. “Exactly.”

Coincidentally or deliberately, the two of them sat opposite Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin silently observed Qiao Jiusheng. She then smiled and nodded at her. “Big Brother, Elder Sister-in-law.” Qiao Jiuyin deliberately imitated Qiao Jiusheng’s tone. She looked carefree, but Qiao Jiusheng felt awkward listening to her.

Anyone would feel disgusted when they hear others deliberately imitating them.

Qiao Jiusheng lifted her eyes and looked at the woman opposite her, who was laughing so hard that it hurt her eyes. Her lips curled into a deeper smile.

“This is our sister-in-law, the Qiao family’s Second Miss,” Fang Yusheng said to Qiao Jiusheng at the right time. After a pause, Fang Yusheng slowly pointed his hand in Fang Mu’s direction and said, “This is my Second Brother.”

Fang Mu coldly glanced at Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng’s smile did not change as she met his cold eyes.

Fang Mu was surprised when he did not see any fear on Qiao Jiusheng’s face. He stopped observing her and said, “Sister-in-law.”

Qiao Jiusheng was stunned.

In the past, calling me Sheng Sheng was nothing. Today, he’s calling me sister-in-law. What an absurd comedy!

Seeing this, Fang Yusheng suddenly chuckled.

Bodhisattva testified! His laughter was extremely pleasant to the ears.

Fang Yuqing, who was sitting below, almost dropped her chopsticks when she heard Brother Yusheng’s laughter. She rubbed her slightly hot cheeks and felt jealous of Qiao Jiusheng. Sister-in-law is really lucky to hear such a cute voice every day.

When Qiao Jiusheng heard this laughter, it was as if she had heard the devil’s call. Her back turned cold.

Fang Mu coldly asked Fang Yusheng, “Is Big Brother in a good mood today?”

Fang Yusheng continued laughing.

Qiao Jiuyin said, “Brother Mu, what are you saying? Big Brother is naturally in a good mood after marrying a beautiful wife.” She held Fang Mu’s wrist, raised her head, and mischievously smiled. “Don’t you think so?”

Fang Mu glanced at Qiao Jiusheng, who was average-looking but had a seductive look in her eyes. He ambiguously smiled. “That’s true. Sister-in-law looks like a kind-hearted woman. That’s good. In the future, we don’t have to worry about Big Brother’s care.”

If it were in the past, Fang Yusheng would get unhappy on hearing the word ‘care’ and a reminder of his blindness. However, today, when Fang Yusheng heard these words, his smile actually deepened.

Fang Mu, oh Fang Mu, continue to mock me.

The pit you dug today is the grave you will jump into in the future.

Fang Yusheng smiled as he held Qiao Jiusheng’s hand and gently squeezed it. He even deliberately raised his voice and sincerely sighed. “Yes, Ah Sheng is a kind and good woman. It’s my fortune that I could marry her. I will cherish her for the rest of my life.” With that said, he mysteriously added, “Those who did not cherish her will definitely regret it for the rest of their lives.”

Hearing this strange conversation between the two brothers, all the younger siblings here lowered their heads and did not dare to make a sound. They were afraid that they would be implicated.

The elders knew that the two brothers were not on good terms, but they did not control them.

As long as the two of them did not climb onto the table to fight, they could turn a blind eye.

“Is that so?” Fang Mu raised his eyebrows and picked up some vegetables for Qiao Jiuyin. Then, he said to Fang Yusheng, “Then Big Brother really has to cherish her.” His gaze swept across Fang Yusheng’s eyes before he said, “After all, Big Brother has good taste in women.”

Fang Yusheng’s smile was as beautiful as ever. Beside him, Qiao Jiusheng was as quiet as a chicken. She did not join in the argument. Suddenly, Fang Yusheng pinched her finger hard. Qiao Jiusheng subconsciously straightened her back. She did not need to look to know that Fang Yusheng was angry.

As his wife, she should stand up for her husband when others insulted him. Only then would they appear loving and harmonious.

Qiao Jiusheng immediately displayed a gentle smile. Her gaze landed on Fang Mu’s face, and she seriously said, “Second Brother, you’re right. Meeting your Big Brother is indeed the luckiest moment in my life.” Although she was smiling, Qiao Jiusheng was complaining in her heart. Yes, it was really lucky to be served by a whip the moment we met.

Fang Mu sighed. “Big Brother and Big Sister-in-law are so close.” His words were more sarcastic than sincere.

When he heard this, Fang Yusheng’s smile became even more enchanting.

I should’ve recorded this conversation with a recording pen. It would definitely make Fang Mu’s face swell with anger in the future.

“Of course,” Fang Yusheng replied.

Qiao Jiuyin suddenly said, “Big Brother and Big Sister-in-law, you both are so lovey-dovey. You must have known each other for a long time. Why haven’t I heard Big Brother mention Big Sister-in-law before?”

As soon as she said this, Qiao Jiusheng, who had a good expression all along, suddenly said, “Sister-in-law, you just married into the Fang family. It’s normal that you don’t know about this.” Qiao Jiusheng’s expression and tone were very calm as if she had really said something unintentionally.

Not wanting to be outdone, Qiao Jiuyin explained, “Don’t you know, Sister-in-law? Brother Mu and I have known each other for six years. We’re not strangers to this family.”

Qiao Jiuyin did not know if it was an illusion, but she seemed to see a layer of darkness in the woman’s eyes.

Qiao Jiusheng’s throat rolled, and she said in a hoarse voice, “You’ve known each other for six years. Your feelings for each other must be really deep.”

Qiao Jiuyin only smiled proudly.

Qiao Jiusheng looked at Qiao Jiuyin’s smile, and her eyes hurt.

Qiao Jiuyin, you stole my life, my identity, and now, you even want to steal my past. When you said these words, did you ever feel any guilt toward your sister, whose whereabouts are unknown?

Suppressing her unyielding heart, Qiao Jiusheng looked at Fang Mu and shyly asked, “Second Brother and Sister-in-law, you have been in love for many years. I think you must know each other very well. You must have gotten married after confirming that you guys can’t be missing from each other’s lives, right?”

Although these words sounded a little strange, Fang Mu seriously nodded. “Of course! In this world, Xiao Sheng understands me the most. And I understand her the most.”

He tilted his head to look at his wife, and Qiao Jiuyin looked back at him.

They affectionately looked at each other.

Qiao Jiuyin shyly smiled and leaned her head on Fang Mu’s shoulder.

Upon seeing this scene, Qiao Jiusheng pursed her lips and sighed. “That’s great.”

She lowered her head, took a sip of red wine, and sneered in her heart.

Good, my foot!

Fang Mu, Fang Mu, if you really understood Qiao Jiusheng, then how could you not recognize that the person beside you is a fake? How could you not feel any sense of familiarity when you see me?

Chapter 30: The Twin Couple (2)

As they listened to the conversation between these four individuals, everyone became extremely curious about one thing.

How did Fang Yusheng and Qi Yunsheng meet?

Fang Yuqing was a curious child. Taking advantage of her good relationship with Brother Yusheng, she boldly asked, “Brother Yusheng, how did you and Sister-in-law meet?” Everyone else wanted to know this as well. Even Fang Pingjue looked over.

Being stared at by more than ten pairs of eyes, Fang Yusheng still had a calm expression. After all, he could not see. However, Qiao Jiusheng quietly kicked his calf under the table.

The kick caught Fang Yusheng off guard, and he subconsciously shifted his body under the table. Fortunately, he managed to hold on to the chair in time to stabilize himself.

When he felt the pain coming from his calf, Fang Yusheng frowned.

Noticing his loss of composure, Fang Ping asked, “Yusheng, what’s wrong? Are you feeling unwell?”

Fang Yusheng took a deep breath and indulgently smiled. He said, “No, Ah Sheng is acting coquettishly with me.”

Everyone: “…”

They shifted their gazes to Fang Yusheng’s calf, and their expressions and gazes changed.

Oh my god! This couple’s relationship is really good. They flirt with each other even under the table while eating.

Fang Ping chuckled and sighed. “You’re indeed a young man with a good relationship.”

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng, who received everyone’s silent acknowledgment as a good couple, cursed in their hearts.

“Brother Yusheng, you haven’t told me how you and Sister-in-law got together!” This matter stayed on Fang Yuqing’s mind. She was afraid that Fang Yusheng would forget the question.

This topic was unavoidable.

Fang Yusheng suddenly put on a mysterious smile. Then, he tilted his head and smiled at Qiao Jiusheng, pushing the issue to her. “If you want to know how we met, I’m afraid you’ll have to get your sister-in-law’s permission. I don’t dare to carelessly speak. After all, our encounter was really too… too unusual.” Fang Yusheng’s mind was filled with the ridiculous encounter that night. When the others’ gazes fell on his smile, it looked like he was deliberately showing affection.

Qiao Jiusheng also thought about what had happened that night. She panicked a little when she noticed that everyone was looking at her.

Fang Yuqing hurried Qiao Jiusheng. “Sister-in-law, tell me.”

“Yeah, tell us about it. Everyone will be happy if you tell us.” Fang Yupei chimed in.

Qiao Jiusheng tried her best to calm down. She glanced at Fang Yusheng, who was still wearing his hat in the middle of the night, and a thought flashed across her mind. She kept her smile, and her eyes revealed a reminiscent look. She slowly said, “I met Yusheng… in England.”

Fang Yusheng raised his eyebrows and became interested.

Make it up. I’ll see how you make it up.

Fang Yuqing widened her eyes and asked again, “Continue, continue. And then? How did you meet?”

Qiao Jiusheng’s tone was slow, and her logic was clear. “One time, I went to England for a trip, but my wallet got stolen. Coincidentally, my mother fell seriously ill, and she was sent to the hospital’s emergency room. Without money, I couldn’t rush back to my country. Left with no other choice, I could only sell my art on the streets to earn money. However, I didn’t earn any money for an entire day. Fortunately, I met him.”

Qiao Jiusheng held Fang Yusheng’s hand with her left hand and confessed to him in a mushy tone. “He descended like a god. I squatted on the ground and could only look up at him. The moon hung high in the sky, and the moonlight shone on him. He was dressed in white, and he slowly reached out to me.

“At that moment, my heart tightened.” Qiao Jiusheng placed her right hand on her chest. She seemed to be recalling that moment as she said, “At that moment, I understood that I had fallen for this person’s charm.”

Fang Yusheng calmly listened and felt goosebumps all over his back.

F*ck!

This woman is so crafty!

“Yusheng asked me what I was doing there. I said that my wallet was stolen, and I was looking for help. He listened and remained silent for a moment. Then, he slowly extended his right hand to me. He lowered his head and asked me…”

Everyone pricked up their ears, curious about what Fang Yusheng had asked.

Even Fang Yusheng straightened his posture in curiosity.

Finally, everyone heard Qiao Jiusheng continue, “He asked me, ‘I can’t see! Are you willing to take me home?'” After saying that, Qiao Jiusheng slyly smiled. Fang Yusheng, since you dare to push the blame to me alone, I will make you suffer.

This should have been a joke, but no one dared to laugh.

Who would dare to mock Fang Yusheng for being blind?

Fang Yusheng laughed.

“Hehe.” He laughed so hard that he covered his mouth. Qiao Jiusheng stole a glance at him and successfully saw a hint of coldness flash past his lips. Fang Yusheng held Qiao Jiusheng’s hand and said, “Let me tell everyone what’s going to happen next.”

Qiao Jiusheng could not ask for more and hurriedly nodded.

Fang Yusheng held her hand and gently smiled. He said, “Ah Sheng was stunned at that time. I explained that I was blind and couldn’t see. If she was willing to send me home, I would pay her a certain amount of money. She agreed and sent me home.”

That was it?

No, it was far from over.

Fang Yusheng suddenly burst out laughing. Fang Yuqing quickly asked, “Brother Yusheng, what are you laughing at?”

“I’m laughing at your sister-in-law.”

“Yeah?”

Fang Yusheng brought the back of Qiao Jiusheng’s hand to his mouth and lowered his head to kiss it. He said in a pampering tone, “After she sent me home, I paid her a cheque of 10,000 euros. She was so shocked that she did not dare to accept the cheque. I comforted her that it was fine and asked her to accept it. In the end, she accepted it. Perhaps, she felt guilty for accepting it, so she refused to leave. I asked her why she didn’t leave, and she said…”

“Say what?”

Qiao Jiusheng could not maintain her smile. She had a hunch that the words Fang Yusheng would say were not going to be anything good.

Fang Yusheng continued, “Ah Sheng said, ‘Sir, there’s nothing I can do to repay your kindness. I’m willing to give myself to you.’ She even took off her clothes as she spoke.” Fang Yusheng held his forehead and smiled. “Don’t you think she’s cute? I only gave her 10,000 euros, but she actually wanted to repay me with her innocence.”

Qiao Jiusheng’s premonition was real.

As expected, Fang Yusheng could not say anything good.

Shaking Qiao Jiusheng’s hand, Fang Yusheng said, “Your sister-in-law is too cute.”

Who did not know how to stab a knife into the other party’s heart?

Qiao Jiusheng had just indirectly mocked Fang Yusheng for being blind, and Fang Yusheng immediately mocked her for betraying her body to achieve her goal.

Qiao Jiusheng had an impeccable smile on her face. Fang Yusheng had long pierced her heart.

Cute?

No one nodded at Fang Yusheng’s words. They could not understand the cuteness in his words.

Fang Mu looked at the two people who were spouting nonsense with interest.

When Fang Yusheng did not hear any laughter, he realized that he was going too far. He continued to fabricate the story. “I stopped your sister-in-law and got someone to send her to the airport so that she could return to the country. I thought that our separation would be forever, but I didn’t expect that we would meet again after returning to the country.”

Worried that Fang Yusheng would say something shocking, Qiao Jiusheng quickly pressed his hand down and said, “That’s right. When I met Yusheng again, I was very surprised. When I saw him, he was on a blind date, and unfortunately, the girl rejected him. I think that girl has a poor taste. Yusheng is such a good person, but she didn’t know how to cherish him.”

She was mocking Fang Yusheng for being unlucky to get dumped by a woman. Qiao Jiusheng felt relieved.

Fang Yusheng did not seem angry. He still had a warm smile on his face, and he looked like an otherworldly being.

Qiao Jiusheng tilted her head and affectionately looked at her husband. In a pious tone, she told everyone and Fang Yusheng, “Yusheng, you’re the best person in the world. It’s their loss to miss you. Meeting you, marrying you, and getting you is the greatest honor in my life.

“I… I, Ah Sheng, will never let you down.”

Fang Yusheng’s heart skipped a beat.

He knew that this woman was putting on an act. They did not have any feelings for each other. However, when he heard her words, he still felt tempted.

“Hehe…” Xu Pingfei chuckled and said to Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng, “In that case, it’s fate.” She raised her wine glass and said with a smile, “Cheers to fate.”

Everyone raised their glasses and drank.

“To fate.”

Chapter 31: The Twin Couple (3)

The meal ended after half an hour.

After dinner, no one immediately left.

Everyone moved to the hall. The elders sat together, chatted, and drank tea. Some of the youngsters went to the second floor’s card room to play cards, while others sat on the sofa and played with their phones to browse Weibo. Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng chose a quiet spot to stay at.

Qiao Jiusheng handed a cup of hot tea to Fang Yusheng.

Fang Yusheng took a sip and asked, “You didn’t poison it?”

Qiao Jiusheng smiled. “I did.”

“As long as my wife gives it to me, I’ll even drink arsenic.” After saying that, Fang Yusheng raised his head and drank tea.

Qiao Jiuyin, who was passing by, heard this conversation and sighed. “Big Brother, you really dote on Big Sister-In-Law.” After saying that, Qiao Jiuyin simply handed a plate of pastries to them. Qiao Jiusheng took it and thanked her. She looked down at the exquisite pastries and praised Qiao Jiuyin. “Sister-in-law, you’re really virtuous. These pastries look delicious. Second Brother is really lucky.”

A genuine smile appeared in Qiao Jiuyin’s eyes as she politely replied, “Big Brother is also very fortunate to have met someone as understanding as you.”

Qiao Jiusheng picked up a piece of osmanthus cake and took a bite. When she saw Fang Mu walking over, she passed the plate to Fang Mu and said, “Second Brother, quickly try the osmanthus cake Sister-in-law made. Sister-in-law is really skillful. She must have learned such good skills for a long time.”

Fang Mu picked up a piece of pastry and brought it to his mouth. When he heard these words, he suddenly tilted his head and asked Qiao Jiuyin, “Xiao Sheng, when did you learn how to bake?” He remembered that Xiao Sheng did not know how to make pastries. In fact, she had once said that she hated going into the kitchen the most. Whenever she was forced to learn cooking, she always remained lazy and slacked off.

Qiao Jiuyin panicked for two seconds before replying, “I learned it recently.”

Fang Mu took a bite of the pastry. It tasted good.

He patted Qiao Jiuyin’s head and praised her. “Xiao Sheng, you’re really amazing.”

Qiao Jiuyin smiled and lowered her head. A hint of uneasiness quickly gathered in her eyes.

How could she have forgotten that Xiao Sheng was not good at baking? The biscuits and pastries she made were either too dry or too moist.

“Weiwei and the rest are preparing to barbecue tonight. I’ll go and see if there’s anything I can help with.” Qiao Jiuyin clapped her hands and walked toward the courtyard in her long dress. Fang Mu looked at his busy cousins in the courtyard and turned back to Qiao Jiusheng. “Sister-in-law, I have something to do. Let’s meet again another day.”

Without waiting for Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng to reply, Fang Mu left first.

As he passed by the kitchen and saw that the chef was still cooking supper, Fang Mu suddenly stopped and walked inside.

“Second Young Master.”

Seeing Fang Mu enter the kitchen, Chef Liu Fei wiped his hands and quickly made way for him.

Fang Mu looked at the supper on the kitchen counter and casually asked, “Who made the pastries tonight? They’re quite delicious.”

This surprised Liu Fei, and he asked, “Don’t you know, Second Young Master? All the pastries tonight were made by Second Young Madam.”

“Oh?”

Some unfinished pastries lay on the table. Fang Mu picked a cranberry biscuit and tasted it. He frowned and said, “She can’t stay idle and likes to create trouble. She didn’t cause any trouble for you, right?”

Liu Fei shook his head and said, “Second Young Master, what are you talking about? Second Young Madam’s pastries are as good as professional pastries. The pastries she makes are delicious. How can she cause trouble?” Then, Liu Fei sighed again. “Not only is Second Young Madam beautiful, but her hands are also nimble and virtuous. These pastries look like they have been made by a professionally trained person. Without two to three years of hard work, one couldn’t make such beautiful pastries.”

As Liu Fei spoke, he did not notice Fang Mu’s change in expression.

When he finished speaking, he realized that Fang Mu had already walked out of the kitchen.

Fang Mu stood in the courtyard and looked at Qiao Jiuyin, who was helping Fang Yuqing pick the chicken wings, from afar. His eyes were a little lost. He stood at the same spot for a long time before walking over. Then, he took a few sticks of squid and two sticks of pork and roasted them. Finished with that, he took the roasted meat and walked over to Qiao Jiuyin.

“For you.”

Fang Mu handed all the barbecued meat to Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin was stunned. She looked at Fang Mu with a strange expression. She seemed agitated yet touched. Fang Mu could not understand her emotions.

“Thank you.” Qiao Jiuyin took two skewers of pork belly.

Fang Mu watched her eat the pork belly and asked, “You don’t have to thank me. Didn’t you like to see me fuss over you in the past? Now that we’re married, why are you so distant?”

Qiao Jiuyin tilted her head and faintly smiled. She mischievously said, “This is not enough. I still want more. Hurry up and roast it!”

The girl in front of him had a familiar beautiful and bright smile on her face.

Fang Mu stared at Qiao Jiuyin for a long time.

When Qiao Jiuyin saw that Fang Mu was staring at her, she became a little puzzled. She asked, “Why are you looking at me?”

Fang Mu reached out to wipe the grease off the corner of Qiao Jiuyin’s mouth. He stared at the woman he had known for many years and asked in a deep voice, “Xiao Sheng, don’t you like eating squid the most?”

Qiao Jiuyin’s smile froze.

The pork belly in her hands that she had yet to finish became a hot potato.

Fang Mu’s gaze darkened. He caressed Qiao Jiuyin’s cheek. At first, his movements were gentle, but in the end, he became forceful. Qiao Jiuyin felt her cheek muscles aching. She wanted to cry out in pain when she heard Fang Mu ask, “Xiao Sheng, when did you learn to make pastries?”

Fang Mu’s tone was not harsh, but Qiao Jiuyin knew that he was angry. He was so angry that he was about to explode.

Qiao Jiuyin’s heart turned cold.

Did he discover something?

“Xiao Sheng.” Fang Mu’s hand landed beside Qiao Jiuyin’s eyes. He gently touched her eyes and expressionlessly asked, “What are you feeling guilty about?”

Qiao Jiuyin’s body began to tremble.

In the house, Qiao Jiusheng stood by the window and watched this scene with a smile.

Just as Fang Mu’s hand was about to touch Qiao Jiuyin’s throat, Qiao Jiuyin suddenly opened her mouth and vomited.

Blargh!

Both of them were stunned.

Immediately after, Qiao Jiuyin pushed Fang Mu away and ran to the flowers. She bent down and vomited even more.

After regaining his senses, Fang Mu ran after her. He stood behind Qiao Jiuyin as his eyes flickered.

This disturbance was too great, and it drew everyone’s attention.

“Second Sister-in-law, what’s wrong?” Fang Yupei asked.

Fang Yuqing covered her mouth and exclaimed, “Could she be pregnant?”

The word ‘pregnant’ shocked everyone.

Fang Mu quickly bent down to help Qiao Jiuyin up and carried her into the hall. Xu Pingfei and Fang Qingyun, her eldest sister-in-law, quickly came over and asked Qiao Jiuyin how she felt. Qiao Jiuyin gently touched her stomach and said with an uncomfortable expression, “It’s probably because my stomach wasn’t feeling good. I ate some greasy food and felt nauseous.”

Qiao Jiuyin smelled something, so she raised her head and looked around. Finally, she said to her cousin Fang Yukang, who was standing behind Fang Mu, “Yukang, can you remove the squid in your hand?” After she finished speaking, Qiao Jiuyin started retching again.

Fang Yukang was dumbfounded. He looked at his father.

“Throw it away!” Fang Ping glared at his son, Fang Yukang.

Fang Yukang immediately turned around and ran out.

When Fang Mu saw this scene, all the doubts in his heart disappeared. Perhaps, Xiao Sheng’s personality drastically changed because of her pregnancy, so she stopped eating squid.

This explained her previous behavior.

After thinking everything through, Fang Mu said to Wan Lang, “Butler Wan, call Dr. Xu.”

When she confirmed that Fang Mu no longer doubted her, Qiao Jiuyin secretly heaved a sigh of relief.

***

Fang Yusheng and Qiao Jiusheng had initially planned to leave.

However, Qiao Jiuyin had suddenly vomited, so the two of them decided to stay and take a look.

Fang Yusheng touched the prayer beads in his hand. He looked up at the woman standing beside him and asked, “Ah Sheng, do you think Sister-in-law has gastric problems, or is there something else?”

Qiao Jiusheng chuckled and said, “Miss Qiao lives like a princess. How could she have gastric problems?”

“Do you know?” Fang Yusheng asked without rhyme or reason. Without waiting for Qiao Jiusheng to answer, he answered his own question. “Bodhisattva said that people who are guilty must think of all means to make themselves feel at ease.”

Qiao Jiusheng stopped laughing and took a deep breath before saying, “Yusheng, which Bodhisattva do you believe in? You’re really full of words. I’ll pay my respects to God another day.”

Chapter 32: The Twin Couple (4)

Soon, the family doctor, Xu Langyi, arrived at the Fang family hall.

Fang Mu told Xu Langyi about Qiao Jiuyin’s symptoms, and he nodded. Xu Langyi then asked Qiao Jiuyin some questions. Qiao Jiuyin answered them one by one.

After hearing this, Xu Langyi raised his head and said to Fang Mu and Fang Pingjue, “Congratulations Second Young Master, Mr. Fang, Second Madam is pregnant.”

When he heard that, Fang Pingjue’s brows relaxed, and he revealed a look of joy. Although Fang Mu did not show it on his face, his eyes lit up.

Xu Langyi then said to Fang Mu, “According to Second Madam’s symptoms, the child in her stomach should be around 45 days old. Second Young Master, bring Second Madam to the hospital for an ultrasound as soon as possible and check the fetus so that we can be safe.”

Fang Mu immediately nodded. “Of course.”

Previously, when she had suddenly felt nauseous in their small courtyard, Qiao Jiuyin had already suspected that she was pregnant. And when she smelled the barbecue and vomited non-stop, she had become almost certain. However, hearing it from Dr. Xu made her even more relieved.

Slowly regaining her senses, Qiao Jiuyin gently placed her hand on her flat and tight abdomen.

Is there a small life inside?

I am finally pregnant with Fang Mu’s child.

Xiao Sheng, I finally did something for Brother Mu that you will never be able to do.

As she was lost in thought, Qiao Jiuyin suddenly felt a warmth on the back of her hand.

She looked up and met Fang Mu’s surprised gaze. Fang Mu’s left hand was on the back of her hand, while his right hand was on her shoulder. He was pleasantly surprised and tightened his grip on Qiao Jiuyin’s shoulder. After nearly half a minute, he said in a careful tone, “Xiao sheng, we have a child.”

Qiao Jiuyin smiled, nodded, and withdrew her hand from Fang Mu’s palm.

She instead held Fang Mu’s hand and said to him, “Touch it.”

Fang Mu did as he was told.

His palm brushed across Qiao Jiuyin’s flat stomach. Fang Mu frowned and said, “He can’t move yet.”

When Qiao Jiuyin heard this, she wanted to laugh but held back.

Xu Langyi hurriedly said, “Second Young Master, it will take at least four months for the fetus in this belly to move. He’s still a little sprout.”

After making a joke, Fang Mu quickly retracted his hand.

When Fang Qingyun saw this scene, she could not help but sigh. “Look, he’s going to be a father soon. Fang Mu has also changed.” When did they see Fang Mu lose his composure like this?

Everyone burst into laughter.

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yusheng chuckled as well, looking happy.

Qiao Jiuyin was pregnant, and this was a joyous occasion. All the female seniors in the family sat around her and constantly imparted childbirth scriptures to her. Qiao Jiusheng had never given birth before, so she naturally did not have any experience in this aspect. She sat next to Fang Yusheng and waited until the festive mood calmed down. The two of them then stood up hand in hand and bade farewell to the elders.

“Father, Aunt Xu, it’s getting late. Ah Sheng and I will go back first,” Fang Yusheng said goodbye to Fang Pingjue.

Fang Pingjue casually glanced at the couple and nodded without saying a word.

Xu Pingfei was beside Qiao Jiuyin, making a din. She did not hear them greeting each other, so she did not say anything either. Qiao Jiusheng said to Fang Yusheng, “Let’s go. Everyone is busy.”

Fang Yusheng nodded and left the Fang Family’s house, arm in arm with Qiao Jiusheng.

Qi Bufan consciously fell behind.

Qiao Jiusheng lowered her head and saw a dried branch in the middle of the road ahead. She took her hand away from Fang Yusheng’s arm, ran to the front, and kicked the branch away.

At this moment, she heard Fang Yusheng ask, “How is it?”

“Hmm?” Qiao Jiusheng retracted her gaze from the branch and turned to look at Fang Yusheng, feeling puzzled.

Fang Yusheng stopped in his tracks and carefully listened. He lowered his head toward the spot where Qiao Jiusheng was standing. Pursing his lips, he asked, “She’s pregnant. How are you feeling?”

Qiao Jiusheng’s calm expression froze for a few seconds.

Then she gently shook her head.

However, she then realized that Fang Yusheng could not see, so she softly replied, “You want the truth?”

“Yes.”

“For a moment, I had an impulse to rush up and kick her in the stomach.” Qiao Jiusheng finally looked straight into her own heart.

She was indeed harboring such a malicious thought.

Qiao Jiuyin’s pregnancy was within her predictions. She remembered it very clearly. In her previous life, on this day, Qiao Jiuyin had worn a pink champagne-colored dress and carried a mooncake to show off to her.

Qiao Jiuyin had looked so beautiful that she resembled a blooming rose. She had looked down on the mute and disheveled Qiao Jiusheng with contempt and arrogantly flaunted that she had Fang Mu’s child. As for Qiao Jiusheng, her tongue had been cut off, and she was wearing smelly and dirty clothes. She had been imprisoned in a 20-square-meter house all day long. She could not get what she wanted and could not even touch the sunlight.

At that time, Qiao Jiusheng had still been deeply in love with Fang Mu. When she had heard this news, she had felt so angry and hateful that she wanted to kill someone.

However, today, when she had heard the news of Qiao Jiuyin’s pregnancy again, Qiao Jiusheng was no longer angry. This was because, during those decades of imprisonment, the intense love she had for Fang Mu had long faded away. Even so, the hatred in her heart did not decrease at all.

It was not because she still had feelings for Fang Mu, but because the existence of that child had once again slapped her in the face. It had completely confirmed that her six years of love with Fang Mu was a joke.

Chapter 33: The Twin Couple (5)

Qiao Jiusheng’s expression was terrible. She pursed her lips and continued, “I also had an impulse to cut off Fang Mu’s dick.”

Fang Yusheng was stunned.

He suddenly felt a chill down his spine.

“It’s good to have such an idea,” he calmly said. After he said those words, he remained silent for a moment before continuing in a serious tone, “You can just practice such an idea in your head. Don’t be rash!”

Qiao Jiusheng said, “Of course. Even I find it dirty to touch that thing.”

Fang Yusheng’s back went numb again.

The two of them returned to the small courtyard in silence. Aunt Jin was in the courtyard selecting soybeans. She wanted to make some bean sprouts. When she saw the couple coming back, she quickly stood up and asked, “Young Master Yusheng, Madam, are you full? Do you want to eat some supper?” Every time they went to the main house, Fang Yusheng did not have much of an appetite. Aunt Jin was used to preparing a small meal for him.

However, this time, Fang Yusheng shook his head.

“There’s no need! You can continue with your work.”

After entering his house, Fang Yusheng suddenly asked Qiao Jiusheng, “There’s a way to calm your anger quickly. Do you want to give it a try?”

Qiao Jiusheng curiously asked, “What method?”

“Follow me.” Fang Yusheng led her into the meditation room on the left.

Once they entered the room, Fang Yusheng threw a scripture book to Qiao Jiusheng.

Qiao Jiusheng caught it and heard Fang Yusheng say, “Come, read my copy.”

She looked down, and her face became pale. “The Earth Bodhisattva Sutra…” She raised the book in her hand and asked Fang Yusheng, “My heart is calm right now. I don’t need to calm down at all. Can I go back to my room to rest?”

Fang Yusheng smiled and replied, “No.”

Qiao Jiusheng was speechless.

“What’s the use of reading this?” Qiao Jiusheng did not believe in Buddhism. This thing was just an ordinary book to her.

Fang Yusheng sat down cross-legged and replied, “Remove negative karma and improve fate.”

Qiao Jiusheng did not know if his words had moved her, but she pursed her lips and sat down with the book.

The sound of her chanting entered Fang Yusheng’s ears. He was used to hearing Qi Bufan chanting sutras, but he was not used to this.

***

The woman of Brahmin asked the Ghost King, ‘Where is this place?’

Wu Du replied, “This is the first sea west of the Great Iron Mountain.”

The Holy Maiden asked, “Is it true that Hell is within the iron encirclement?”

There is indeed hell.

The Holy Maiden asked, “How did I get to the prison today?”

Wu Du replied, “If it weren’t for God’s might, it would have been negative karma. If it weren’t for this, it wouldn’t have arrived…”

Qiao Jiusheng finally lost her patience reading the scripture. She closed her hands together and leaned against the table. Placing her chin on the back of her hands, she looked up at Fang Yusheng, who was copying scriptures. It was strange. Fang Yusheng was blind. Yet, the scriptures he copied were neatly arranged and even his handwriting was neat.

As Qiao Jiusheng played with the orchids, she asked him, “Hey, do you really believe in Buddha?”

Fang Yusheng kept writing and softly hummed.

Qiao Jiusheng added, “Isn’t it said that Buddhists are kind-hearted? I don’t think you’re a good person.”

Her frankness made Fang Yusheng smile. He continued, “Bodhisattva said that only those with evil intentions would believe in Buddhism to achieve salvation.”

Qiao Jiusheng asked again, “Are these Bodhisattva Yusheng’s kind words?”

Fang Yusheng smiled even more happily.

Qiao Jiusheng lost interest in asking questions. She grabbed an orchid leaf and tore it into small pieces with her nails.

“Don’t tear it.” Fang Yusheng suddenly put down his brush. Once he could hear that Qiao Jiusheng had stopped tearing the orchid leaves, he indifferently said, “It’s scary to suddenly realize that the people around you can’t be trusted anymore.”

Qiao Jiusheng looked at Fang Yusheng without blinking.

“I believe in Buddha only because I can’t find anything I can trust.”

These words stunned Qiao Jiusheng.

Come to think of it, I am the same as Fang Yusheng. I can’t find anyone I can trust. I have lived in vain for more than twenty years.

“Trust me,” she suddenly said.

Seeing Fang Yusheng’s laughable expression, Qiao Jiusheng boldly tapped the back of Fang Yusheng’s hand with the tip of the pen and said again, “You can trust me. We both know the biggest secret in each other’s hearts. The two of us are in cahoots.”

After a moment of silence, Fang Yusheng replied, “Colluding together is a derogatory term.” He removed the mischievous pen from the back of his hand and corrected Qiao Jiusheng. “Let’s deal with Fang Mu and Qiao Jiuyin together. That’s called getting rid of evil for the people.”

Qiao Jiusheng felt that what he said made sense.

“So we should be called the Righteous Couple.”

Fang Yusheng felt that this code name was not appropriate. He thought for a while, picked up a brush, and wrote two words on a blank piece of paper—Twin Couple.

Qiao Jiusheng’s eyes lit up. “Yes, the twin couple. This code name is awesome.”

Chapter 34: A Doting Wife

The next morning, after waking up, Qiao Jiusheng sat in the dining room and ate breakfast. As she drank the freshly squeezed soy milk, she listened to Aunt Jin gossip non-stop to someone in the backyard.

After a while, Aunt Jin entered the house with a handful of cucumbers and tomatoes.

“Aunt Jin, who were you talking to just now?” Qiao Jiusheng wiped the corners of her mouth, got up, and took the red tomatoes from Aunt Jin’s hands. The two of them walked to the kitchen together.

Aunt Jin placed the cucumber in the basket and took out the peeler. As she peeled the cucumber, she told Qiao Jiusheng, “It was Sister Li.”

Qiao Jiusheng thought about it before remembering this person.

Sister Li was a servant at the main house.

“What was she doing here?”

Aunt Jin continued, “Last night, Second Young Master and Second Madam did not return to their villa. They spent the night here. This morning, they ate at the main house. Sister Li is here to pick vegetables.” Aunt Jin put down the cucumber in her hand and picked up another one. She leaned close to Qiao Jiusheng’s ear and continued, “I heard from Sister Li that Second Madam seems to be pregnant. She is very particular about food now. She has to eat light and healthy.

“Look, the vegetable garden in our yard is the best. It’s completely green without any pesticides, so Sister Li came to find me to pick some vegetables.”

Qiao Jiusheng nodded.

“What is this tomato for?”

“A few days ago, Young Master Yusheng said that he wanted to eat tomatoes mixed with sugar.”

“Oh!”

Qiao Jiusheng helped Aunt Jin peel the tomatoes. When she was halfway done, she heard Fang Yusheng’s footsteps coming down the stairs.

He walked straight to the dining table and ate some light vegetarian food as usual. Then, he drank the soy milk and asked Aunt Jin, “Who came this morning?”

“Sister Li.”

“Why was she here?”

Aunt Jin told Fang Yusheng what had happened.

Fang Yusheng did not say anything.

As Fang Yusheng’s personal assistant, Qi Bufan received a monthly salary of no less than 100,000 yuan. He could recite scriptures, beat people up with martial arts, cook well, fly planes and tanks, and was responsible for taking care of any difficulties for Fang Yusheng.

“Bufan,” Fang Yusheng shouted. Qi Bufan, who was checking the surveillance cameras in the room, immediately came to his side like a ghost.

“Mr. Fang.”

Fang Yusheng nodded and asked, “Are you free?”

“I am. If you need anything, just tell me.”

Fang Yusheng raised his finger and made a 90-degree turn. He pointed at the backyard of the small building and softly said, “Go, surround our vegetable garden. Don’t let any Tom, Dick, or Harry enter it.”

“Oh!”

Qi Bufan was about to walk to the vegetable garden when Fang Yusheng added, “Set up a wooden sign at the entrance of the vegetable garden. Write down the price of each vegetable. If anyone wants to pick the vegetables, they can pay for it.” Fang Yusheng was very easy to negotiate with. As long as people had money, everything was good.

After all, he had a family to support.

Qi Bufan stopped and turned around to ask him, “The price…”

Fang Yusheng immediately added. “These are pure green vegetables. Naturally, the prices are more expensive than in the market outside. Let’s… charge five times the market price.” He smiled and considerately said, “Aunt Jin is old. It’s not easy for her to grow some vegetables. We have to charge some labor fees.”

In the kitchen, Aunt Jin smashed a cucumber with her kitchen knife and whispered to Qiao Jiusheng, “Actually, I’m just growing those vegetables for fun. I’m not tired at all.”

Qiao Jiusheng did not answer.

Fang Yusheng wanted to think of a way to make the people in the main house upset. Aunt Jin was just an excuse.

This man is despicable.

Fang Yusheng was so cheap that Qiao Jiusheng admired his shamelessness.

At noon, Sister Li again came to pick vegetables with a basket. A troubled expression appeared on Aunt Jin’s face as she brought Sister Li to the vegetable garden that was now surrounded by glass walls. She pointed at the wooden sign beside the garden’s small door and embarrassedly said, “Sister Li, you know Young Master Yusheng’s temper. Look…”

Sister Li stared at the wooden sign with the price of vegetables for a long time. Her gaze then shifted to an electronic scale next to the wooden sign. She took a deep breath and turned around to walk out of the house.

“Where are the vegetables?”

When Chef Liu Fei saw Sister Li return empty-handed, his expression turned ugly,

Sister Li told him about what had happened at Fang Yusheng’s house. Liu Fei remained silent for a while, then went to look for Xu Pingfei. Xu Pingfei felt a headache coming on.

Yusheng…

Qiao Jiuyin had been full of praise for the few plates of vegetables this morning. Pregnant women liked to eat bland food. It was almost noon, and soon, the time would be too late to buy vegetables from other farmers. Xu Pingfei sighed and carried her basket to Fang Yusheng’s house.

“It’s not a good idea to keep troubling you, but it’s noon. It’s too late to buy groceries. Your sister-in-law is pregnant and has a weak appetite. Can you let me go into the garden to pick some vegetables?”

Aunt Xu had personally come, so Fang Yusheng naturally would not make things difficult for her. He smiled and nodded, saying, “How can I let you do it yourself? I’ll ask Aunt Jin to pick some vegetables for you. Aunt Xu, don’t misunderstand that I’m deliberately targeting you by pricing the vegetables. The main thing is that my Ah Sheng also likes to eat vegetables. I can’t see, so it’s not easy for me to find a wife. Naturally, I have to keep the good stuff for her. Aunt Xu, don’t blame me for being stingy.”

The corners of Xu Pingfei’s mouth twitched. She complained in her heart, but on the surface, she smiled and agreed with him. “It should be like this. Yusheng, you love your wife, and it’s Ah Sheng’s blessing that she married you.”

Fang Yusheng smiled. “It’s my blessing to be able to marry her.”

Qiao Jiusheng, who was sitting in the living room, blushed when she heard Fang Yusheng spouting nonsense.

Aunt Jin personally went into the courtyard to pick some vegetables and handed them to Xu Pingfei.

Xu Pingfei took the basket, thanked her, and turned to leave.

Suddenly, Fang Yusheng shouted from behind, “Aunt Xu, wait.”

“Is there anything else?” Xu Pingfei turned around with a confused expression.

Fang Yusheng said to Qiao Jiusheng in the living room, “Ah Sheng, bring the basket of eggs from the kitchen.”

The confused Qiao Jiusheng did as she was told.

Fang Yusheng handed the basket of eggs to Xu Pingfei and explained, “Aunt Jin’s aunt from the village sent these eggs. They are farmland eggs from the chickens she raises. Since Sister-in-law is pregnant, it’s better to eat less of the eggs from outside. Take this as a token of my appreciation.”

Xu Pingfei was puzzled as to why Fang Yusheng had suddenly become so generous. She received the eggs and said, “You’re so thoughtful. I’ll thank you on her behalf.”

Fang Yusheng waved his hand and fiddled with one of the prayer beads on his wrist. He lightly said, “We’re all family, so there’s no need to thank me. When you see Sister-in-law, please help me tell her that it’s not easy to be pregnant for ten months. She has to be careful. I hope she takes good care of herself and the child. Eat more eggs. It’s good for her health.”

Aunt Xu nodded and left.

Watching her walk away, Qiao Jiusheng appeared behind Fang Yusheng. She stretched out her finger, poked Fang Yusheng’s shoulder, and asked, “I think you have some hidden motives. Or is it just my imagination?”

Fang Yusheng nodded. “Yes, you’re mistaken.”

Qiao Jiusheng pursed her lips and refused to give up. She asked him, “Why did you give her eggs?”

Fang Yusheng patiently explained, “Eggs are good for children.”

Qiao Jiusheng would never believe him.

It was almost time for lunch. Fang Yusheng had to offer incense to Bodhisattva before lunch, so he went into the meditation room. Qiao Jiusheng thoughtfully entered the kitchen. As she watched Aunt Jin cook, she asked, “Why did Yusheng give Second Madam eggs?”

A look of hesitation appeared on Aunt Jin’s face as she vaguely said, “He doesn’t like to eat eggs. Perhaps, he thought that instead of wasting them, he might as well give them to someone as a favor.”

Qiao Jiusheng frowned.

Is that so?

She felt that her husband was not a kind and generous person.

Not to mention a basket of eggs for free, giving Fang Mu and his wife even a chicken feather would hurt his heart.

Chapter 35: Twins

Fang Mu went to his company in the afternoon. He planned to bring Qiao Jiuyin to the hospital in the evening for a checkup.

Qiao Jiuyin stayed in the main house for lunch. When the meal was ready, she sat at the table. She endured the nausea as she glanced at the dishes on the table. She found that the dishes were light and bland, and some appetite finally returned to her stomach.

Liu Fei had made egg soup with the eggs that Fang Yusheng had given to Xu Pingfei.

After Qiao Jiuyin finished her meal, she took two spoonfuls of egg soup. When she tasted one spoonful, she felt that it was very delicious. Therefore, she scooped a little more. Xu Pingfei looked at her, smiled, and scooped some more for her. She even said, “You’re feeding two people with your mouth now. The child needs to absorb nutrients, so try to eat more.”

Qiao Jiuyin disconsolately rubbed her stomach. She thought about it and took a few more scoops.

“This egg soup tastes really good. Brother Liu, your cooking is not bad,” Qiao Jiuyin casually praised the chef.

Xu Pingfei nodded. “Ah Fei used to be a five-star chef, so his cooking skills are naturally decent. However, today’s eggs are different. They are pure farmland eggs from farmers.”

Qiao Jiuyin’s heart warmed at the thought that Aunt Xu had specially ordered people to purchase eggs from the farm for her and her child. She looked up and sweetly smiled at Xu Pingfei. She gratefully said, “Aunt Xu, thank you for everything you’ve done for me and my child.”

Xu Pingfei saw that Qiao Jiuyin had misunderstood, so she quickly said, “You don’t have to thank me. If you want to thank someone, thank Yusheng.”

“Big Brother?” Qiao Jiuyin was stunned.

How is this related to Fang Yusheng?

Xu Pingfei did not notice Qiao Jiuyin’s surprise. She smiled and continued, “Your big brother knew that you were pregnant, so he specially prepared a basket of eggs for you to eat. He also told me to tell you that it’s not easy to get pregnant, so you have to be careful. Eating more eggs is also good for the child.”

After saying that, Xu Pingfei sighed and muttered to herself, “I used to think that Yusheng’s temper was bad, and he always makes people angry. Today’s matter has made me feel at ease.” She held Qiao Jiuyin’s hand and sighed. “We’re still family after all. You’re pregnant, and as your elder brother, he cares for it too.”

Xu Pingfie continued to hold Qiao Jiuyin’s hand. Although the weather was warm, Qiao Jiuyin’s heart was cold.

Fang Yusheng had offered her a basket of eggs.

Why did it have to be eggs!

She thought about the morning she had married into the Fang family, when she had taken the initiative to scoop a bowl of century egg porridge for Fang Yusheng. Qiao Jiuyin’s expression turned ugly. He knows that I had ordered that porridge on purpose. He’s warning me with the free eggs!

“Aunt Xu, what did Big Brother want you to tell me?” Qiao Jiuyin suddenly interrupted Xu Pingfei.

Xu Pingfei immediately stopped talking.

She looked at Qiao Jiuyin in surprise. After thinking for a while, she said again, “Yusheng told me to tell you that it’s not easy to be pregnant for ten months. He told you to be careful and take good care of yourself and the child.” After she said that, she saw that Qiao Jiuyin’s expression was a little off. Thus, she quickly asked with concern, “What’s wrong? Is there something wrong with those words?”

Something is wrong!

Qiao Jiuyin was panicking inside, but she shook her head at Xu Pingfei and said, “It’s nothing. It’s just that Big Brother’s temper looks mild, but he’s not easy to get close to. I’m a little surprised that he could say such things.”

Xu Pingfei agreed with her.

“Yes, I also found it unbelievable.” Seeing that Qiao Jiuyin did not look too good, Xu Pingfei asked with concern, “Xiao Sheng, are you feeling unwell? You look very pale.”

“No.” Shaking her head, Qiao Jiuyin pressed her stomach and said, “It’s uncomfortable to endure vomiting. I’ll go back to my room to rest first.”

“Alright, go ahead.”

Qiao Jiuyin quickly left the main house. When she returned to Fang Mu’s house, her heart was beating fast.

Previously, Fang Yusheng had not shown any signs of dissatisfaction toward her. Hence, she thought that Fang Yusheng was a soft persimmon who did not dare to do anything to her. However, this basket of eggs completely woke her up today.

The eldest young master of the Fang family, even if he was blind, even if he stayed in his house every day chanting scriptures and eating vegetarian meals, was still the eldest young master of the Fang family.

How could a young master from a wealthy family be weak?

At the thought of the Eldest Young Master closing his eyes and fiddling with the Buddha Beads with his calm and composed expression, Qiao Jiuyin felt afraid.

She didn’t even know where this fear came from.

When Fang Mu returned, Qiao Jiuyin was lying on her side on the bed. She did not sleep well.

Fang Mu softly woke her up. When he saw her pale face, his heart ached. “Did you vomit badly today?”

Qiao Jiuyin nodded. “I kept vomiting, and I feel weak.”

Fang Mu hugged her and said, “Come, let’s go to the hospital for a checkup. We’ll be fine after a few months.”

“Yes.”

The two of them went to the hospital. Fang Mu had made prior arrangements with the hospital. Hence, they did not need to queue up. They directly went for a checkup.

The result of the checkup was very surprising. The ultrasound report said that there were two pregnancy sacs in Qiao Jiuyin’s uterus.

The two pregnancy sacs meant that if these pregnancy sacs were to normally develop, Qiao Jiuyin would have a pair of twins in her stomach. Fang Mu stared at the two tiny dots on the ultrasound scan. He was so shocked that he forgot how to speak. His excitement and happiness were off the charts. Even Qiao Jiuyin could feel his emotions.

Qiao Jiuyin looked at Fang Mu’s overly excited face and could not help but smile. Her heart melted.

She was pregnant with two babies at once. Even if the truth came out in the future, on account of the twins, Fang Mu would not make things difficult for her.

The news of Qiao Jiuyin being pregnant with twins spread to the Fang family within a few minutes.

Soon, everyone in the Fang family knew this exciting news.

When Qiao Jiusheng heard Aunt Jin lamenting about how lucky Second Madam was, her expression was very calm. This did not surprise her because, in her previous life, Qiao Jiuyin had also given birth to a pair of twins, two boys. From Qiao Jiuyin’s nagging, she had learned that the twins were very doted on. From the moment they were born, Fang Pingjue deeply loved them. He valued Fang Mu even more because of this.

On the day the two children had turned one year old, Fang Pingjue had publicly announced that he would retire and officially pass the company to Fang Mu.

When Fang Yusheng heard this news, he did not say anything.

There was a door behind Fang Yusheng’s house. At the door was a six-steps wooden staircase. Fang Yusheng sat under the roof with one leg propped up on the first step and the other propped up on the sixth. The autumn sun was warm, and when it shone on his body, it made him feel extremely warm.

Qiao Jiusheng held a cup of tea and stared at Fang Yusheng’s head. In the past month or so, a small section of hair had grown on Fang Yusheng’s head. It looked hard and black, and Qiao Jiusheng’s fingers itched.

She really wanted to go up and pull it.

After pouring another cup of green tea, Qiao Jiusheng carried the teacup to the back door and sat down beside Fang Yusheng. She then passed him a cup of tea.

The smell of tea wafted into his nose. Fang Yusheng tilted his head and looked at Qiao Jiusheng. After a moment of silence, he caught the teacup. “It tastes pretty good,” he commented after taking a sip.

Qiao Jiusheng said, “You bought the best tea leaves.”

Fang Yusheng added, “It’s because your hands are nimble.”

Qiao Jiusheng opened her mouth but did not say anything.

Forget it, it’s just my tea skills then.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked Fang Yusheng.

Fang Yusheng said, “Thinking about fate.”

Qiao Jiusheng silently glanced at Fang Yusheng’s good-looking face. There was a sentence written in her eyes: Can you stop acting cool?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 13.8K 35
Her marriage was fixed which was an arranged marriage but she moved to London to pursue her career and dreams and after that, she would marry. But in...
1.4M 34.4K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
461K 26.1K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
4.5M 282K 105
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...