Fallen Determination (Optiona...

By Red_Knife

Determination is one of the strongest things in the whole world that can allow you to mess with the time itse... More

Chapter 1: Chase
Chapter 2: Awakening
Chapter 3: New life
Chapter 4: Human?
Chapter 5: Snowdin
Chapter 6: Memories
Chapter 7: Ancient Magic
Chapter 8: New human
Chapter 9: False Hope
Chapter 10: First Blood
Chapter 11: Waterfall
Chapter 12: Just a Machine
Chapter 13: Fire Fight
Chapter 14: Choice
Not a chapter: Announcement
Chapter 15: Promise
Chapter 16: Hotland
Chapter 17: Final Showdown
Chapter 18: The Judgment
Chapter 19: The End
Chapter 20: Retry
Chapter 21: Last Chance
Chapter 22: Time Glitch
Chapter 23: Family Break
Chapter 24: Special Show
Chapter 25: Mother's Wrath
Chapter 26: Part of the family
Chapter 27: Deadly Deal
Another announcment
Chapter 28: Confronting yourself
Chapter 29: Kindred spirits
Chapter 30: The Plan
Chapter 31: The Core
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: Return of Determination
Chapter 34: Peace
Chapter 35: Final Conflict
Chapter 36: New Beginning
Chapter 37: Inner conflict
Chapter 38: Horror
Chapter 39: The Human
Chapter 40: Alone
Chapter 41: The Echo
Chapter 42: All-in
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Searching for help
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 62

322 15 11
By Red_Knife

Today's night was actually nice unlike any other ones that I experienced. Today I finally felt myself... Calm.

Finally there wasn't nightmares about my past that were torturing me every night when I just close my eyes. Finally I... Didn't see Chara's dead body and my hands covered in her blood as soon as I tried to sleep.

Unintentionally I smiled in my own dream. I didn't even had any dream at all that night, but that was more than enough for me to be in peace.

Nightmares finally stopped chasing me over and over and perhaps this is because... I just found a new hope?

Sudden loud noise of something falling over under our room woke me up and I looked our room around in case something just crashed. Maybe Boogie accidentally touched something while he was sleeping? But everything was on it's place meanwhile strange noises were repeating somewhere under our room slowly creeping me out while realization was slowly coming to my mind.

We're not alone.

Chara opened her eyes as well and looked at me with quiestionable, but still very sleepy eyes while I just answered to her with rising caution in my stare. I didn't have to speak any single word for her to understand that this noise is definitely not something I was expecting myself.

Boogie woke up as well, but as soon as he opened his mouth to shout at us in frustration, I quickly gestured him to shut up with my index finger meanwhile he just stared at me confused. After a few seconds he closed his mouth in realization while horror began to fill his eyes.

After some time noises of complete chaos under us suddenly stopped and Chara nearly stopped breathing just to not get heard by this someone meanwhile I wasn't just as panicked, but I didn't dare to get up. But there was something much more horrifying than the fact that we were not alone: lights suddenly went off in the hallway.

- Where did the lights go? - I whispered quietly with caution while tried to activate lights in, at least, our room, but even when I flickered the switch - there weren't any.

- I don't know, - she whispered in response with some fear and panic in her voice, - Main generator was in the basement. That's how I turned the lights on.

- You, go and check it! - suddenly Boogie interrupted both of us by his annoyed hissing to me.

- Why me..?

- Hell, who else is freacking Doomsday's device here? Definately not me.

- I'm not...! - I tried to argue, but then realized that this is completely pointless, so just sighed and accepted my fate, - Okay-okay, fine. I'll go in... Fucking dark basement with creepy noises coming out of it. What a great idea...

- I'll go with you, - suddenly Chara said while I almost left the room, so I looked at her with some surprise. Surprisingly quickly she already managed put on some clothes and was ready to go.

- Aren't you afraid of the dark?

- I am, - she nervously looked away, but then turned her head back to me and tried to smile, - But we need to beat our fears someday, right?

I felt some confusion because of her sudden brave attitude... Or at least what she tried to look like even though I could see in her eyes how greatly she didn't want to go down there. So this bravery most likely appeared not just because of her will to "overcome fear".

- Well then, - I smiled, - Let's go.

- Hey! - Boogie hissed at us when he noticed both of us leaving without him. He was ready to shout, but he still whispered just to not get too much attention, - Don't leave me here!

His attempts to free himself out of the boot only caused him to drop down from the shelf right with it, messing the floor with ground within it, so he just sighned in annoyance.

- Have fun, - I mockingly smiled at him and waved my hand before closing the door and leaving him in complete darkness.

- Dick, - Boogie just whispered in frustration while still lying on the wooden floor. But then he noticed a teddy bear that was sitting just near him and luckily staring at him, - What are you looking at?

...

Deep silence and darkness slowly started to influence on Boogie's mind, so as more he was looking at teddy bear - as more he was freacking out.

And when his fear reached it's limit he finally hitted the teddy bear causing him to flew away from him.

- Stop staring at me, - Boogie mummbled.

Meanwhile Chara already opened the door heading to the basement and just like in every horror movie there was long dark stair that was going straight into black nothing. Even I felt some fear, especially knowing the fact that something definitely down there. But Chara was even slightly shaking out of her emotions when she saw this stairway.

- You can go back if you want. I can deal with that by myself, - or at least I hope so...

But Chara only closed her eyes and gulped, then clenched her fists, trying her best to shook the fear away.

- No, - she finally opened her eyes and now fear wasn't the dominant feeling in her eyes. Now she was trying her best to stay concentrated on task, - It's fine.

- Well, if you say so.

I decided to head downstairs first, but all this darkness was preventing me from seeing the stairs completely, so mostly I had to grope before doing next step. But with each step we were doing quiet creak was heard and we could only hope that creature won't hear it. Obviously, I could just light the path with my fireball, but then we'll instantly give up our location.

Finally we reached basement and this place looked completely... Upside down. Almost every metallic shelf were overturned causing many instruments and even glass be scattered through whole room. And thank god we had our clothes on or else this glass would cut our legs open for sure.

- What a mess... - I quietly whispered while looking around and slowly moving through whole room in attempt not to touch anything.

Also I noticed how almost every light source down here was completely broken by someone leaving even more dangerous glass on the floor.

That explains how it managed to turn off the lights in the first place.

- Where's generator?

But Chara decided not to speak and just waved with her hand showing me the direction with her index finger.

Soon we reached the generator and then we understood the main reason why it stopped working. Giant red trident was piercing one of the parts of it and according to electric sparks coming out of it - that part was really important.

I only raised my eyebrows in surprise while Chara looked completely shocked when she saw this giant strange weapon. I wanted to ask her about it, but I didn't want to attract more attention to us, so I stayed silent.

Well, I can still fix it. I think...

Let's just hope this trident doesn't conduct current voltage or else...

Yeah, being some sort of cyborg kinda sucks.

I grabbed the trident with both of my hands and tried to pull it out... It shivered a bit, but it still wasn't willing to go out. Somebody striked it and did it for good.

Okay, you little...

I rubbed my hands and grabbed this trident more tightly while pressed my leg to generator, so I could attach more strength to it. At first, it was still resisting my strength, but after a few moments it finally came out and I nearly fell because of that.

- Crap!

Poor Chara was ready to catch me, but unfortunately for her I would most likely crush most of her bones with my body rather than she would actually catch me.

Thankfully, I managed to regain my balance before landing on something... Or someone and looked this giant weapon around. I still wasn't actually believing that someone can fight with this weapon since it was really heavy, even for me. But looks like this terryfing weapon was made from magic and it looked... Great. It's three sharp blades on the end of the trident were inspiring fear in any who would dare to stay on other side of that magnificent weapon.

But I decided to leave this weapon for later and because of my own stupidity I gave it to Chara, so she could hold it for now. Her quiet squeak instantly reminded just how bad that idea actually was and so I immediately tried to help her before she drop this weapon and woke up every single monster in the Ruins with noise.

- Sorry, I forgot, - I whispered while helped her to put the trident away.

- How did you even manage to lift this thing... - she huffed while barely holding it even with my help.

- Being a Doomsday device sometimes helps, you know.

Then I finally decided to look at all damage generator got. There was one big hole in it's frame and I could notice a lot of damaged cables inside that were menacingly sending electric charges to my face, but it was dissapearing in the air before reaching me.

- So... How bad situation is? - Chara decided to ask since she didn't saw this by herself meanwhile I couldn't even figure out what to tell.

I mean, I wasn't an electrician or something, but I had a feeling that generator might be totally busted.

- Uhhh... - I started in confusion while trying to make most soft answer just to not panic her out, - Not something that insulating tape can't fix I guess...

Chara gave a nervous chuckle after that. Looks like she considered this statement as a joke, so I looked at her.

- I'm not joking. Bring some. I'll try to fix it.

- Where am I going to... - she sounded annoyed, but then quickly changed her mind and sighed, - Fine. Wait here.

But as soon as she wanted to go and search for tape, suddenly her eyes widended up and she looked at me with horrified stare that made me feel... Uncomfortable.

- What? - I asked in some surprise, but she didn't dare to answer and was still staring at me with fear in her eyes, - Your silence is... Unnerving.

Suddenly Chara gave me a hint by looking at something behind me and looks like that something was taller than I am. I needed a few moments to realize what is going on before I just sighed.

- Great... - I just said with some annoyance and immediately after that turned around and threw fireball at whatever was behind me.

And looks like it worked just well since unknown, but pretty big creature got a bit shocked due to that sudden attack and I had some time to gain a bit of a distance from it.

- Whatever the fuck you are, back away! - I exclaimed and lited my hands with fire, but as soon as I did, realization cruely hitted my mind since I could see who exactly that was... - Fucking hell...

I whispered in fear and shock while facing Asgore. He was completely different from mine one and that was far not because of his different clothes. His attitude was looking more like he was some animal than actual person, especially according to his silent, but menacing growling. Looks like darkness of the Ruins affected him even more than other ones.

- H-hey, buddy, let's calm down now, shall we?

But Asgore didn't want to hear it and only raised magical trident from the floor.

- No-no-no, bad Asgore, put that down! - I ordered him and obviously that didn't work either. But instead of attacking us he actually striked generator once again, finishing it off completely while I just sighed, - Oh you gotta be kidding me...

- What are we going to do now... - Chara said with rising panic while I just clenched fists.

- Do it the hard way, - I said enthusiastically and rushed to Asgore. He tried to strike me down with his trident, but I dodged that and concentrated my punch. Suddenly my own punch got stopped with his huge, but powerful arm which surprised me a bit. I didn't even realize how strong Asgore can actually be, - Uh... Whoops, heh...

I tried to smile to him, but obviously, he didn't share same attitude and harshly threw me at the most distant wall from him. Even with my metalic body I felt huge pain because of that impact and thank god, I reacted just in time to not let myself land on shards of glass.

But when I was regaining my consciousness after such hit, I noticed how Chara was basically left alone with Asgore. She didn't even have any weapon to fight back, so all she could do is slowly backing off from him trying her best to concentrate on battle.

Finally she managed to overcome her fear and this time she tried to attack Asgore. He wasn't really reacting at her punches, but actually Chara was better at dodging his attacks instead.

- You don't want to do this, trust me! - she tried to talk sense to him, but he tried to strike her once again and oncr again she dodged, - Someone's controling you! Fight it!

But her agility didn't help her for too long and Asgore harshly grabbed her hand with his claw when she attempted to strike him again. After a few seconds she growl in pain due to his claws damaging her arm, but then she gave a short cry when Asgore knocked her out with one powerful punch while her blood spilled on his fist.

Finally I came back to my senses and rushed to him for attack again meanwhile he just raised his trident to finish Chara off. But he was rudly interrupted by sudden choke that I began doing from behind. He immediately forget about Chara and dropped his weapon since he felt lack of air and tried to push me away with blind hits behind him, but I was overcoming pain from it. All I needed to do now - knock him out. And slowly I was winning this battle while his hits were becoming weaker and weaker with each second.

- Come on, big guy, snap out of it! I know you're not like it!

But unfortunately, he was still clever enough to hit the wall with his back and even though it was a terrible pain since I felt such amount of pressure, I managed to resist few more hits before I actually let go of him.

When we looked at each other once again. He was looking at me with his wild anger meanwhile I was trying to stay concentrated on knocking him out, so I just spilled the blood in my mouth away and prepared my fists.

- You want to play rough then, huh? Okay then.

As soon as he noticed how I prepared for the battle, he did the same. Surprisingly even through all his wild attitude he was still willing to fight toe to toe, but he wasn't willing to attack first because of my light. So I striked first and I was trying to concentrate most of my magic and strength in quick punches, but he was blocking most of them, especially covering his face with hands from my attacks and from the light as well. Finally as soon as he noticed my own tiredness, he counter-attacked with few powerful strikes.

Unlike him, I didn't manage to block these ones, but sudden adrenaline rush made me forget about my own exhaustion and now I was the one counter-attacking. With few punches I actually managed to broke his nose and press him down to the wall with quick and endless strikes powered up by my magic. He was still trying his best to block it, but now he wasn't managing to block everything and his hands got burned due to being exposed to fire for too long.

- Go. To. Sleep! - I exclaimed in anger, deeply in my mind knowing that I won't keep this up for too long if he'll stay in consciousness long enough, so I was only hoping he'll pass out soon enough. So I grabbed him by his head and started to hit his face right in the ground repeatedly meanwhile his growls full of pain and animal anger were showing me that I'm slowly winning.

Sudden light behind me made me stop for a second and look at it.

Wait, what are fireballs doing he-

Unexpected round of fireballs pushed me away from Asgore and knocked me to floor once again meanwhile he could finally stand up after such beating up. His nose was bleeding as well as lips were damaged and I wasn't looking any better either, so we both were heavily damaged after our battle. But Asgore decided to end it and he tried to pierce my body with his trident, so at my last strength I tried to resist it with my hands. I couldn't cast any magic due to my exhaustion, so basically I was trapped and Asgore was definitely stronger than me. But still I was trying my best to resist him and huffing while trying to overcome my own limits.

Loud red magic charge suddenly interrupted our bloody confrontation and Asgore basically flew away from me and cruely landed somewhere with loud crushing sound. Most importantly, that blast was more than enough to knock him out and everything he could do before passing out - moan in pain and attempt to get up that thankfully failed.

- What the hell... - I whispered in shock and looked around. Only then I noticed Chara with outstretched hand and her glowing red eyes in the dark while her hand was covered with dim red residual energy.

My words literally stuck somewhere deep inside my throat because of how surprised I was meanwhile Chara looked just as shocked as I was.

- I...

- D-don't even say anything! - she suddenly interrupted with her voice almost shaking from shock, - I don't know how I did that myself.

- I don't know what that was, but... That was... AWESOME! - I suddenly cried out enthusiastically, - And actually quite loud...

It was actually true. I needed some time to regain my own hearing ability after such loud blast of energy and looks like that was because Chara didn't know how to control her powers yet.

- No, it's not! - she hissed in some panic and frustration while trying to cast away her own magic by pointlessly waving her hands as if it was some sort of fire she needed to get rid off, - I don't even know how to control it!

- Just relax, - I got up from the ground and shook off all the dirt from my clothes.

- Relax?! - she panicked out, - How can I relax?! It's... It's too abnormal! I never did any of these things! I... I...

But then I made her went silent by gently grabbing her by her shoulders and looked into her red magic eyes while her panic quickly changed to astonishment.

- I mean - relax. Concentrate your thoughts and order your magic to fade away. You're the one who's controling it after all, - I said softly meanwhile she just looked at me with uncertainty, but then she decided to listen and closed her eyes. So now she tried to concentrate just like I said.

But according to her tense face, she had some problems with clearing her thoughts and concentrating it on one task.

- Remember about what you felt when you created that magic charge. Now think about something more peaceful. Just... Calm yourself down.

She didn't open her eyes, but just sighed and went even more deeply in her thoughts. Slowly her panic started to fade out and began to being replaced by coldness and pure concentration.

After a while I felt how she relaxed her hands and her body at all while red energy on it slowly dissapeared. She slowly opened her eyes after a few seconds of waiting and looked at me with her natural brown eyes.

- See? Not that hard, right? - I smiled at her and patted her on the head while she smiled back with some unconfidence.

- I guess so... I... Thank you.

- Glad to help.

After some time of calming our nerves silence and looking into each other eyes we slowly and almost uncontrollably approached to each other being guided by some deep instinct of ours and...

- GUYS! - suddenly we both heard Boogie's panicked cry that almost woke both of us up, so we immediately moved away from each other in embarrassment, - WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING DOWN THERE, WE GOT A PROBLEM! BIG PROBLEM!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 107 23
The year is 20XX. A human has fallen from the surface world! She was running from her abusive home when she made it to Mt. Ebott. However, when she l...
119K 3.9K 62
Everyone has a happy ending. If you're not happy it's not the end . . . . •°•°☆°•°• Y/n (that being you) fell i...
87.5K 2.5K 35
Everyone carries around their dark secrets if it's just one, or many. It doesn't matter, they can't tell anyone. At least they think so. As for (Y/N)...
131 9 5
In the midst of Tokyo's bustling streets, you led a life that appeared ordinary, despite your role as a leader in a prominent gang. Yet, beneath the...