As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

18. Closer

5.2K 203 64
By Laughingwolf78

It's been a couple days since Katsuki's concert he and Izuku had met for breakfast at the blondes place and Izuku's for dinner once since, the two were definitely getting closer, which was good, almost too good the blonde thinks as he takes a hit from his cigarette standing outside after a practice.

Things with Deku seemed so easy to him, so god damn easy that it was actually scaring him.

Katsuki was not use to easy when it came to relationships, Sora had not been an easy partner to deal with and Izuku was so easily pleased it almost felt unreal to him, like no way could a guy that looked and had the heart of the greenett could be real.

He wonders sometimes if a flip is going to switch that makes Izuku change completely.

Old ghost of a past rough relationship die hard and shadows of fear still haunt the blonde sometimes.

But he's going to do his best to push past his fears and let this new relationship grow which it seems to be even with his fears.

There's a voice beside him suddenly.

" Hey man, we're all going to that new club in town and we wanted to see if you wanted to come bro, with Mido of course" , Denki says with a big grin.

Kirishima steps out from the building carrying some band equipment.

He gives the blonde a smile.

" Yeah man, it'll be cool, supposed to be an awesome club"

Katsuki stares at the two while he takes another deep drag from the lit cigarette in large fingers.

Honestly he's never been much for clubs which is odd considering his profession but at the end of the night when his own music dies last thing he wants to do is be in a loud crowded club.

But being with Izuku was a plus and he hasn't taken him out on a real date since the movies.

He was already leaning in that direction when the voice of Mina was heard.

" Oh you definitely wanna take Izuzu, he's super fun at a club"

Katsuki shifts his gaze to the pink girl raising a brow at her statement.

She laughs knowing the blonde well.

" Relax pitbull, we went as friends duh, but he's super fun. Todo never liked to go with him so I always did. Tho I suppose looking back at it now it's because that was the perfect chance to see Momo behind his back", she frowns thinking of her sweet friend who had no idea at the time.

This makes a blonde musician angry.

Well two things do really, the very thought of his now boyfriend with some other guy that isn't him and the second the fact that the bastard he use to be with snuck around on him.

" Tch. Well he has me now so fuck that. And I'm not sure if he'll be up for it because I know he's working, but I'll stop by and see, maybe we'll see you losers there later", the blonde says putting out his cigarette and heading to his car.

A short time later Katsuki is walking through the door of Jade, crimson eyes glancing around the room looking for a certain greenett that he won't deny he's been missing the sight of today.

A slight smile falls across his features when he spots his target wiping down a table near the back.

He's getting ready to head in that direction when a blonde girl suddenly steps in front of him.

" Oh my God, Dynamite!? I'm like your biggest fan!"

He raises a brow at the suddenness but then trys to force a smile.

" Yeah, thanks, now excuse me I..."

She cuts him off leaning closer.

" Can I get an autograph?! And maybe a picture?!"

He groans under his breath.

" Uh yeah whatever you have a pen and something to sign?"

She let's a flirtatious smile take hold.

" Well I don't really have anything on me that you could sign but... we could step into the corner and I could lift my top and you could.."

Suddenly there's a voice.

" Or he could sign this napkin for you, and look at that I just happen to have a stack of twenty and like ten different pens. Here you go rock star" , Izuku smiles wide while he hands Katsuki a pen and napkin with a slight raised brow at the blonde.

Katsuki smirks at the male taking the napkin scribbling his stage name and handing it over to the girl who now doesn't look so happy anymore.

Katsuki puts his arm around Izuku's shoulders as he starts to walk away.

" You don't get a picture, you're lucky you got that"

He moves the greenett to the corner emerald eyes look up at the blonde and Katsuki is almost nervous this nerd might think he would have agreed to the request from a groupy

" You know I wouldn't have done that right?"

The greenett stands with his hands behind his back looking up at the blonde with a sly smile.

" Done what Kacchan?"

Katsuki stares down at him, not sure what to think right now.

" You know, that..what she wanted me to do"

Izuku can't help it.

" And what did she want you to do exactly Kacchan?"

The blonde is almost fucking nervous here

" You know! Sign her fucking tits or whatever!"

Izuku is fighting a laugh.

" Ahh so you're saying this happens alot?"

The blonde raises a brow.

" Well I mean.. fuck sometimes but Deku I swear to God I don't do that shit! Jesus fuck please don't let this be an argument"

The greenett suddenly breaks out into a giggle putting his arms around the blondes shoulders.

" Calm down rock star I'm just playing with you, I saw her and you I knew you wouldn't but I was gonna make it clear to her that you wouldn't"

Katsuki smirks finally seeing playful emerald eyes.

" You teasing shit. Scared the fuck outta me because I thought you got the wrong idea"

Izuku smiles up at him.

" No. I mean, I won't deny the feel of jealousy I get when they act like that twards you but.. but I trust you"

The blonde let's out a breath because he wants the male wrapped around his shoulders to trust him.

" Good, and hi Deku, sorry for the shitty interruption", he says pulling the greenett closer into a hug.

Izuku grins.

" Hi Kacchan. I'm happy to see you, I love when you just show up"

Katsuki smirks.

" Yeah well two reasons for that. One the extras want to go to this new club downtown tonight and they wanted us to join and two I wanted to see this hot green eyed waiter that works here"

Izuku smirks back.

" Well, I would love to go with you tonight sounds fun, and I know that waiter, he's trouble"

Katsuki chuckles lowering his head lips close to the others.

" I know he is, thats why I like him so much"

He feels the greenett smile against his lips before he pulls him into a kiss, hand on Izuku neck making sure to deepen it.

He knows he's done a good job when he feels the greenett turn to putty in his arms.

He pulls back finally seeing those love drunk eyes he has gotten so found of seeing.

He smiles moving a pretty forest green lock.

" You sure you'll be up for going out? I know you worked all day"

Izuku grins happily.

" Yeah definitely, I have off tomorrow so I can rest then. So I'll head home after my shift in an hour and get dressed"

The blonde nods with a smile.

" Sounds good, text me when you're ready and I'll come down and get you"

" Perfect. I'll see you soon rock star", he grins

Katsuki gives him one more quick kiss before he heads out the door making sure to flip off a still angry blonde chick on the way.

Two hours later after a text and a walk downstairs to retrieve the greenett the two are walking into a loud club with dim lit back lights that make neon paint splattered across the walls and floors and on the faces of club goers light up brightly.

Denki spots the couple and runs tawrds them with a few small tins of neon paint in his hands.

" Guys! Hey! Here put some of this on!"

The yellow eyed male opens neon green and is getting ready to apply some to a grinning greenett when Katsuki snatches his hand before it reaches.

" Oi, I think the fuck not. Give it to me and I'll do it Dunce"

Denki rolls his eyes at his jealous friend handing over the tin.

The blonde takes it giving a death glare then looks at a grinning greenett.

Izuku laughs softly taking another paint tin and opening it up.

He puts the tips of his finger in the neon paint and begins to place dots under the blondes eyes watching the paint light up.

" Whoa this is actually really cool!" , the greenett says happily continuing to drawl on his date.

Katsuki chuckles dragging his fingers through a different color making lines on the greenetts cheeks.

" Yeah, not too fucking bad I guess."

The pair continues their assault on each other with paint laughing as they drawl different designs on the other.

Kirishima watches with a grin nudging Sero.

" Look at him man. First time I've seen him smile and laugh like that in..."

" Over a year? Yeah I know", Sero finishes for him with a smile.

" Right? Mido is a good fit for him"

" Yeah definitely" , Denki grins as they head to the bar for a drink.

The blonde musician too is making his way to the bar to get him and the the greenett a beer after Mina had showed up to talk to Izuku.

He's just making his way back across the packed dance floor to get to his date when a pretty drunk guy steps in front of him gushing all over the blonde.

" Dynamite! Wow, I'm such a fan"

Katsuki only nods his eyes across the room.

" Yeah, cool thanks. I gotta run"

The stranger puts his arms around him abruptly making Katsuki glare at him.

" Oh so mean, let's dance! Just one dance !"

Izuku was laughing with Mina before he sees the sight across the club, his face falls slightly as Mina follows his gaze.

She rolls her eyes.

" I'm sorry Zuzu. Unfortunately it happens alot. But seriously he never reciprocates, he always turns them down"

Izuku meets her eye.

" Oh.. I know. I mean I believe it when he and you tells me that, but.. it's still hard to watch all the time"

She gives him a smile.

" I know babez, but trust me those red eyes are on you and I'm thinking that's all he sees lately"

The greenett smiles pretty.

" Man I hope so"

She giggles.

" Trust me Zuzu"

Katsuki is having a rough time keeping his cool here, so he decides not to. Sure he's famous but that doesn't give strangers the right to this shit.

" Oi, get the fuck off me. I don't know you and you sure as fuck don't know me, I'm here with someone now back the fuck up before I get really upset and I end up needing bail money"

The drunken fan goes wide eyed then glares at the blonde.

" Wow, your a dick in real life Dynamite"

Katsuki smirks.

" Now you're getting it" , he says as he walks away.

He's behind the greenett suddenly.

" Oi Pinky you trying to steal my date?" , he says winking at Izuku when the greenett turned to face him.

Mina giggles.

" Oh trust me, I want to but he seems to like you more for some reason"

Izuku laughs looking up at the blonde taking the beer he's being handed.

" She's not trying to steal me but it looked like someone was trying to steal you."

He's smiling but even in the dim lit club Katsuki can see the unease in it.

He clicks his tongue because this has fucking happened twice today and he hates the way he knows Izuku must feel because he would be fucking pissed.

The blonde takes the beer from his hand and hands both to the Pinkett before he takes Izuku by the hand and leads him twards the back of the club where they can talk.

He sits on a large booth that lines the whole back wall and pulls him into his lap.

It surprised the greenett for only a minute before he situated himself sitting sideways on his lap.

The blonde stares at him not saying anything at first .

The greenett smiles with a slight laugh.

"I'm fine Kacchan, really it's ok"

Katsuki smiles.

" Is it Deku? We gonna start this relationship not being honest? You're understanding as fuck but you're human and I know damn well that shit isn't easy to always see, especially when the relationship is this new. I mean shit if it was the other way around and I saw that shit not once but twice in one day, I'd lose it and be in the back of a cop car right now"

The greenett laughs slightly.

" Ok no its not easy but it's part of what you are, something I knew when I got into this, so I'm learning how to deal with it and I will, it definitely doesn't make me want to be with you any less."

Katsuki let's a breath out cause he's happy to hear that.

" Good, I don't want this kind of shit to run you off but just know that I'm not stupid Deku, I know this stuff is hard on a partner, you have to put up with some uncomfortable shit to be with me dating a rock star isn't always easy and especially with your past and mine but Izuku, listen when I say that I could give two fucks about that shit with fans, especially when I got those gorgeous eyes looking at me"

There's a gentle smile.

" You really are better with words than you think"

Katsuki grins.

" Nah, I just have the right listener and I'll admit I'm trying to be more open with you then I've been in the past with anyone else"

Izuku feels his heart flutter

" Oh, why's that?"

There's a beat of silence even among the loud music.

The blonde keeps his eyes locked.

" Cause, shits different with you. Your different, I want this relationship to be different for both of us"

Izuku stares into crimson eyes not saying a word before he crashes his mouth to the blondes feeling Katsuki grip him tightly in his lap.

The kiss is deep and want filled on both ends and even tho there's a club full of people they all fade out.

When they finally break for air Izuku bites his own now swollen from the heated kiss bottom lip before he speaks.

" It already is rock star, it already is"

A/N

The next chapter of this story will continue in the dance club :) so stay tuned, our tale continues

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
13.5K 920 8
Katsuki Bakugo is a devil, not just any devil but the lead one himself. He's tall, handsome, charismatic and evil when he needs to be. He's come to e...
595K 13.5K 39
It's shy sheltered Izuku Midoriya's first year of college as a photography student. He's nervous and anxious, but also excited to take on this new ch...
416K 12.6K 46
Izuku Midoriya is a 23 year old paramedic in the city. He's attractive, kind, a bit on the quiet side, he's also struggling to break from an emotiona...