Moran - Dare to Love

By Ms_WhisperAngel

A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologis... More

Part -1
Part -2 Missing teenagers
Part-3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 Coaxing and pampering
Part 28 Follow Rani sahiba k orders
Part 29
Part 30 A new case
Part 31 Who is the Murderer?
Part 32 love you like crazy
Part 33 Accident
Part 34 Statement
Part 35 Almost kiss
Part 36 Realisation
Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss
Part 38 A unique confession
Part 39 Some sweet time
Part 40 Goodbye
Part 41 Childhood memories
Part 42 Family Homicide
Part 43 His efforts to get praise
Part 44 Another family murdered
Part 45 Abandoned
Part 46 Caught but Got Injured
Part 47 Avni visits
Part 48 Shades of Karan Shergill
Part 49 A Beautiful Night
Part 50 How Fast the night starts to change
Part 51 Suicide or were being controlled?
Part 52 Say 'hello' to Jenny
Part 53 Now it begins
Part 54 A trip to US
Part 55 A video for Karan
Part 56 Trying to show his life
Part 57 Profiling him
Part 58 Analysing victims life again
Part 59 His Fantasy
Part 60 Hunt, Rescue and a Deal
Part 61 Little Moments
Part 62 Of accident and attacks
Part 63 For Being Karan Shergill's Woman
Part 64 Break out
Part 65 Parcel
Part 66 Simon's secret
Part 67 The letter or suicide note?
Part 68 J. I am back
Side story - Allen
Part 69 The kiss before he kills
Part 70 The plan behind the trap
Part 71 The Final Move
Part 72 The new Beginning
Side Story Faizi -1
Side story Faizi Part 2
Extra stories - 1
Extra stories 2 - The college life
Extra Story-3 Henpecked Husband
Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill
Extra stories -5

Part 7

988 77 69
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments..

Sabse pehli thing

The credit for the beautiful new cover of this book goes to Akku aka AK_itsme. Thank u toh bolungi nahi.. so love u lots Akku 💜💜💜💜for this beautiful cover.. bilkul waisa jaisa mujhe chahiye tha..

Now Continuing from the last part,

A cloud of twilight dust covered the atmosphere. Monami stood in front of the window. She looked at the police station that’s situated directly opposite to her house.

After the Chief Inspector entered the house, the police asked everyone to leave the villa. She returned home before the Chief finished meeting with Karan. 

Koel came out from the study. She handed over a journal to her sister: "Mujhe  great god ka autograph chahiye!"

Monami turned to look at her: “Really?” Yesterday, she was still calling Karan a "male monster."

Koel nodded: “tujhe pata hain na main American series “Criminal minds’ ki badi wali fan hoon.. aur yeh toh real life expert h uss field me aur to aur humare town me hain..  I can’t miss this opportunity!!"

Monami turned around and looked out the window:. "Nahi, main usse koi autograph nahi maangne wali.. bilkul bhi nahi."

"Par kyon?" Koel was surprised.  She didn’t understand why her sister was so against the idea.  "Monu, kuch aisa hain jo tujhe pareshan kar Raha hain?"

Monami gave a sigh.  “Nahi aisa kuch nahi hain...  Tujhe pata hain agar main usse kaha ki mujhe uska autograph chahiye toh woh kya bolega?"

"Kya bolega?"

Monami tried to imitate his arrogant tone. Lowering her voice: "Agar, main aise hi sabko autograph deta rahu.. aur unki yeh wish puri karta rahu.. then, I’d be without a hand by now. "

Koel: "hain?"

Monami: "...... detached due to over-using ."

Koel rolled her eyes: “hehe.. tera yeh joke bilkul acha nahi tha."

Monami laughed: “par yeh joke nahi tha.."

*****

Monami was very shocked to hear the identity of Karan.  Her first impression of him is that he is a very arrogant, low EQ, naive introvert. 

Can such a person really be a world-renowned expert?

Well, sometimes life does throw you some surprises.  

The phone rang. It’s Sid, Monami immediately answered the phone. 

"Acha h tu ghar par hi hain.. agar free hain toh meri office aa sakti h kya bro?"

****

The distance between the police housing compound and the offices was less than a few hundred meters away. A few minutes later, Monami entered Sid’s office.

Sid gave her a glass of water. His bright eyes were looking at her. A lot of the ladies working in the police station considered him an attractive man.  

He did not say a word.  Monami didn't speak to him either. She sipped the water he gave her.  The atmosphere was a little awkward.  Finally, he asks the question that really bothered him: “Is Karan wooing you?”

Monami almost choked: "Tu pagal ho gaya hain? Criminals k peeche bhaagte bhaagte dimag chhod ke aa gya? Yeh bilkul bhi bakwas hain."

Sid looked at her.  He knew she was telling the truth. He mumbled to himself: "maana ki tu smart hain but duniya me top 1% me bhi nahi hain.."

Monami was slightly offended.  He continued: “Agar woh tujhe court nahi kar raha, toh woh tujhe apna assistant banane k liye itna insist kyon kar raha tha?"

Monami was shocked: "What assistant?"

Sid answered: “His assistant for the investigation, of course.”

Monami was slightly confused: “The case information needs to be translated into any language?"

 “No, the case is about the missing teenagers. Usme Kuch translation ki need nahi hain."

Monami waa even more confused.  Clearly, Sid was not joking. "Par main kyon?" Aree main toh police force me bhi nahi hoon..phir kyon?"

****

A few hours ago.

After a brief chat with the chief, Karan agreed to take on the case and assist the police to find the kidnapper. But he has one condition, he wanted Monami  to be his assistant.  

He didn’t care that Monami is not part of the police force.  It was not his problem.  It’s the chief’s responsibility to see that his requests are met.  As Sid was a good friend of Monami, the task of persuading her to join the operation fell on his shoulder.

 Sid's initial plan was to volunteer his service to Karan. To be his assistant.  Before he met Karan, he thought Karan would be an older gentleman.  He was surprised to find that Karan is about the same age as himself.    

Karan was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper  in the police conference room.  Without even lifting his head, he answered: “Thanks for volunteering, par main tumhe nahi janta..so I am not interested."

*****

That’s why Sid was behaving in such a strange way.  He wanted to learn under Karan but was refused. 

Sid : "tu kyon..tu hi kyon Kamini" 

Monami: "Mujhe kya maloom.. tujhe puchna hain toh usse puch."

Sid:  “humari policy hain ki hum civilians ko humari investigation me allow nahi karte hain.. par Professor Shergill ko national award Mila hua as well unhe one of the honorable public security ki high ranking position se samaanit ki gya h woh bhi PM se..  and Since it’s the request of Mr. Shergill, we will make an exception. par, haan yeh bhi h ki yeh tere upar hain tu yeh post accept kare ya nahi.."

Monami thought for a while.  She shook her head: "Mujhe pehle Mr. Shergill se baat karni hain.. I have a few queries about the post.”

Sid nodded: "He just left our office.  He should be back at the villa soon.”

******

Monami walked back home, contemplating about what Sid told her.

She opened the door and looked around.  The living room was empty. She sat down on the sofa, and heard some noise coming from the study. 

Must be Koel working at her computer. She thought.

She picked up the phone and was about to call Karan. Before she hits the dial button, she raised her voice to talk to her sister in the study: “Koel, tu na soch bhi nahi sakti ki Sid ne mujhe kya btaya hain.. pta hain, tere great god ne mujhe.. mera mtlb h woh chahta hai ki main uski investigation assistant Banu.. doesn't This seems unreal.  I feel as if I am struck by lightning.”

No comment from her sister?  She must be on headphones. Monami pressed the dial button. 

Suddenly, there was music coming from the study.  A ring tone from a mobile. Yeh Koel k phone ki toh ringtone nahi hain.. uski ringtone toh rap music thi subah tak.. yeh simple si classical symphony me kab change hui?"  

****

Then at the same time, the front door opened.  Koel walked in.  Seeing her sister in the lounge, Koel asked enthusiastically: “Monu tu aa gyi.. finally.. pta hain main tujhe Kahan Kahan dhoonda? Kahan gayi thi? Aur yaar jaati h toh mobile phone sath lekar Jaya kar.. and haan where’s ‘great god’? Abhi bhi study me hain kya?" 

Monami was stunned for a moment "…. Great God?  Study?”

"Haan, woh tujhse hi milne aaye hain.. ek min tujhe nahi pta woh yahan hain? Sh*t.. tu baithi kyon hain? Monu go.. intezaar nahi krana chahiye... Go! After Monami was practically pushed by her till that door.. Koel whispered "Phew… Let me calm down first. Handsome! He is too handsome! Shayad aankhein khrab thi.. tabhi maine usse kuch aur samjh liya.. nahi bhagwan ji.. pehle kyon nahi milaya.."

******

Monami took a peep through the study door.

The lights were on, the whole room has a warm feel about it. Classical music was playing softly in the background. She can faintly hear the sound of a tea cup being placed on the wooden table. Monami  gently opened the door and walked in.

In the middle of the room, a man was sitting on a red couch. 

He was wearing a black suit and a white shirt. No tie. One leg folds on top of the other, he is holding a book in his right hand, reading. On a side table next to him, there was a cup of tea and a small dish of fruits.

A very elegant scene.

He put the book down and looked up at Monami.

The man was undoubtedly very tall. You can tell even when he’s sitting down. 
He has quite broad shoulders.  He looked good in a suit. 

Their eyes met. Finally, she was able to look at him properly. He’s not just a shadow in the dark anymore. His eyes are long and slender. The pupils are very dark, a sharp contrast to his fair complexion. He is a handsome man. But his gaze is cold, as if he wants to keep a distance with the world.

(Me: Ohh godd.. did I just describe someone's features..)

*****

Monami sits across from him. She feels a little uneasy.

They have had several encounters in the past. But they are either on the phone or in the dark.  They are no strangers to one another, but yet they don’t really know each other either. 

She is about to speak when he looks at the book again: “How does that feel like?”  He asked.

Monami: Huh?

Karan:  “To be struck by lightning?”

Monami was a little embarrassed.  She ask him a question instead of giving him an answer : " Aap mere ghar me kya kar rahe hain?"

Karan lifts his eye toward her:. “Background check.”

"A harmonious family.  classmates k sath achi banti hain. Kolkata me study karti ho.. aur abhi summer vacation me Ghar aayi ho.. apni mom aur step father k sath nahi rehti par iss purane Khali Ghar me rehna pasand krti ho... Shyd utni khush aur cheerful nahi ho jitna tumhare appearance se show hota hain.."

tum 6 saal ki thi jab tumhare papa ki death Hui.. par tumhari mom aur step dad dono tumse pyaar krte hain.. tum na hi paranoid ho aur na hi fragile..  So, What happened during your childhood that has left a hole in your heart?"

Monami's face suddenly turned white. And then, Karan changed the subject: " par yeh itni badi problem nahi h jitni badi yeh problem hain"  He raises the book in his hand: “You are into novels that have no scientific basis and no logic?"

Monami noticed the title of the book - “I’ll accompany you to ends of the universe.”  It’s one of her romance novels.

Monami argued: "This is a romance novel.  Isme logic important nahi hota.."

Karan opened the book and turns to one of the page: “You even wrote annotations......"

She blushed a little, and took the book off him: “kisne kaha aapko ki aap meri cheezon ke hath laga sakte hain!"  She read it in high school.  At the time, she found the story very touching. But she was only sixteen then. 

jo bahr ladki Hain usne kaha.."  said Karan: “usne bola ki main study me koi si bhi book padh sakta hoon.."

Monami put the book back on the shelf.  Not wasting any more time, she asked: "Aap mujhe apna assistant kyon bnana chahte hain?"

Karan smiled: “Isn't it obvious..you see there are so many reasons for it.”

 Monami was a bit surprised: "For example?"

 "For example, mujhe pasand nahi hai ki koi mujhe disturb kare.. for example mujhe koi aisa chahiye jo mere behalf me police aur media se deal kar sake.. jo yeh saare time consuming kaam kare.. for example tumhi ek person ho jisse main yahan janta hoon.. and yeah you can fish."

Monami..: "...... I need some time to consider."

Karan took a glance at her.  He stood up, picked up the jacket and started walking out.  Before he walked out of the room, he turned around and said to her: "I only catch the most vicious criminals.  Because only I am capable to do so.   This case will not take more than one week.  That’s all the time I want from you.  So afar main tumhari jagah hota toh 'consider' karne me apna time waste nahi karta.."  See you tomorrow.  Please arrive at my villa by 8am. "

*****

Another chilly winter morning.  The rising sun casts a ray of soft golden light over the mountain side.  The trees gave a gentle glow in the morning sun. Hardly anyone comes to this part of the town. It’s always so quiet and peaceful here.  Except for the little episode yesterday.  

Monami walked quietly toward the villa.

She entered the house she is now fairly familiar with.  Upstairs, the gates were open. 

Cautiously, she stepped into Karan’s ‘territory’. 

"Sir? Karan sir?"

No answer.

Monami walked up to the first room.

The door was open. She walks inside.   Near the window, a stack of files sit on top of a table. There are a few books scattered there as well. It’s rather messy. A big blanket is left unfold on a sofa next to the table. A half-finished cup of tea sits on the small coffee table.  

Opposite the sofa hangs a large whiteboard. It’s covered with photos, with lots of captions and words written around them. 

Monami walked over to the whiteboard. 

There are a total of nine photographs. These are the pictures of the missing teenagers. All of them are rural children.  Underneath three of the photos, Karan wrote down the locations where the boys went missing. South of the market. Train station. Materials Quarter.

 Sid has briefed Monami about this.  They have enough evidence to determine the abduction locations for three of the boys that went missing. As for the rest of the teenagers, for all they know, they could have disappeared anywhere.  

Then there’s the second row of words.  More locations, places with similar qualities to those three above -  Eastern market, bus station, farmers market ...... and so on. Monami understands their significance  -  Traffic, video game movie theatres, cyber cafes etc.  Places teenagers like to hang out. Possible hunting grounds for the kidnappers. 

 But these places are dispersed throughout the city.  Looking for the criminals will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

 Further down the whiteboard, there’s more words, a combination of  English and Hindi.  The handwriting is so messy that Monami can’t work out what some of the words are.  On the corner of the white board is a drawing of a little turtle.  It’s only a stick figure, but it’s very cute.

 So ‘great god’ likes to doodle when he’s analysing data.  How adorable.  Monami smiles to herself.  

There’s a phrase within the messy writing that is written in a bigger and clearer font than the rest.  

"No witnesses."

No witnesses?

Everybody knows this. So why is he emphasising the point?

Monami doesn’t understand that.  She takes out her phone and sends a text message to Sid. “Kp: No witnesses.”   

****

Last night, Monami made a decision.  She called Sid.

Sid immediately went to her home.  The first thing he said was: "bro main na abhi uske sath kaam Krna chahta hoon.. usse sikhna chahta hoon."

 Monami is not too surprised: “But… How?”

 “Sun.. ek kaam Kate hain na ki jab bhi woh tujhe kuch btaye.. - conclusion ya koi idea ya koi theory ya opinion.. jo bhi woh tu.. Can you please write them down and let me know? This is not ‘infringement’.  Whatever information you can access, I should be able to access too."

 Monami replied: "Bro mujhe yeh crime aur Psychology ka jyada idea nahi hain.. par na main na Teri help krungi.. jitni ho sake.."

So, whenever Monami finds a key point, she texts Sid.   

(Yeah…. So Kp means Key point.)

 Sid replies almost immediately: " thank u.. thank u Monu bro tu na best hain.."

****

Monami smiled. Well, she only agreed to be the messenger. The rest is up to him to figure out himself. Just then, Karan walks in wearing a pair of white pyjamas.

 This is so different from her expectations. 

 Yesterday, even though he was arrogant and conceited, showing how inconsiderate he can be to the feelings of others; he was wearing a suit, looking very prim and proper.  Today, he is wearing a pair of PJs, walking around barefooted.  He is still the same handsome man she saw yesterday. Only today, the expressions on this man’s face shows that he is not happy. Not happy at all.

 Karan walked pass Monami. He turned and looked in her direction.  Monami thought he is going to speak to her. But he seems to stare straight pass her. He picked up the cup on the side table and walked out of the room and heads downstairs.  

 Well, if you have nothing to say to me.  I will just keep quiet then. 

She followed him down in silence. 

In the kitchen.  Karan bents over to take a carton of milk from the refrigerator and heats it up in the microwave.  He takes out a few slices of bread, put them in the toaster, then throws a bottle of jam on the table.  Then he sits down at the dining table.  

He’s going to talk about work now.  Thought Monami. 

Suddenly, Karan put his arms on the table, then buries his head into the hole between his arms.. 

*****

The microwave gives a "ding" sound.  He looked up, stands up, takes the food and drink to the table and starts having his breakfast. 

“Another late night?”Monami asks.

Umm…" His throat give a little groan. 

After a while, he looks up at her again. He frowns: “tumne apni dressing style change ki hain na Aaj
."

Monami looks at her little black skirt.  She has dressed more formally today because he was in a suit yesterday.  She thought she should match his dressing style.  

He keeps staring at her. Monami begins to feel a little uneasy. Then she heard him say: “This style doesn’t suit you.  You look prettier in your usual clothing.”

Monami was surprised by his words.  After he finishes his sentence, he continues to have his breakfast. 

Flattering words are always welcomed by woman, especially when it’s from someone like him.  

Monami gives him a smile:”Thanks.”   

After he finishes his breakfast, he looks brighter, and more ‘awake’.

Karan:   “My rookie assistant, upar jao aur jo case ki saari informations hain unhe collect kro... and then wait for me in the car."

******

In the driveway, Monami saw a parked police car. The driver looks like he has been waiting for a while. 

Monami sits in the back seat.  She starts to read the information on the case while waiting.  After a few minutes, Karan appears.  

He is in a suit again, with a black coat on top.  A coffee brown scarf wrapped around his neck.  He is wearing a mask on his face, the type that looks a bit like surgical mask, revealing only a pair of slender dark eyes. 

Karan sat beside Monami.  He took off his mask and scarf: “We are ready to go.” He gives instructions to the driver. 

    Monami: "tum mask kyon pehnte ho.. ab toh COVID bhi nahi hain.."

He looks at her as if it’s an inappropriate question: “tumhe nahi lagta bahar thand hain..?"

 Monami: "...nahi.. nahi toh."

So that’s the reason. People from the other parts of country can't adapt well to the mountain areas temprature.  Karan is not a local. He wears a mask to keep his face warm. No wonder people label him as "Frankenstein."

The car is leaving town. They are on the national highway.

 Monami asked: "hum Jaa Kahan rahe hain?"

    Karan adjusts his sitting position a little. The car was not very spacious.  Monami moved closer to the door to give him more room.  His body took up more than half the back seat.  

Hume uska address chahiye hoga.." says Karan

"Uska? Kiska?” asked Monami.

    Karan smiled: “The criminal, of course."

Monami looked at him: "aap.. aapka mtlb hain itne sab bachho ki kidnapping k peeche sirf ek hi shaksh ka haath hain.. aur woh uss area me hi rehta hain?" Sid told her the police suspected a human trafficking gang is involved, or someone from further afield, not so close to home. But Karan is going down a totally different path. 

Karan looked at her: “Jitni lgti ho utni bewakoof ho nahi aakhir.. jitne log gayab hue hain unn sabme ek similar pattern hai.. All of them have the same distinctive and unique ‘personality’ about them. Aur yeh sab sirf sirf ek aadmi hi kar sakta hain.. gang nahi.."

While Monami was processing what he just said, her phone rings.

Karan glanced at her: “Ah!  Time to report to your little boyfriend?"

 Monami looked at him: "Woh mera boyfriend nahi hain.. he is like a brother."

Karan says no more.  He closes his eyes for a nap. "Do you mind if I update him?” Monami asks.

Jo karna hain Karo...  I don’t care.”

****

The police car stops in a nearby township.

Along the highway, there are line of houses on both side of the road.   There are four or five low rise buildings, and a few old huts.

Karan and Monami walked to one of the huts - the home of the first missing boy - Raghav’s parents’ house. No one knows where Raghav was abducted. They knock on the front door.

The house looks old and tired.  The paint are stripped off, cracks run along the side of the walls.  Inside, Raghav's parents looks as if life has been drained out of them.  Monami can feel the pain they carry.

  ***

 According to the police statement, on the day of his disappearance, Raghav left home early in the morning.  He was meant to arrive at the neighbouring city around 8:00am. He just turned 15 years old.  He’s a secondary student.  He was supposed to go to neighbouring city to stay with his aunt for two weeks, to attend some tutorial classes for the upcoming school exams.  His aunt called his parents around midday after he failed to arrive.  Karan asked the parents a few more questions.  But nothing provided any clue as to where he could have gone.  

They went into Raghav's bedroom.  His room is filled with lots of stuff -  children toys, masks, kaleidoscope, game cards, and handheld gaming devices. All these items are now keepsakes for the old couple to remember their beloved son.  

Monami: “Anything useful?"

Instead of answering her question, Karan said: "Out.”

Just before she walked out of the room, he said: " Apna dimag use kro.. yeh koi decoration k liye nahi diya bhagwan ne.. aur haan jo kuch find kr sakti ho Raghav k baare me karo.. mujhe saari info chahiye.. iss Ghar me kuch toh clue chupa hoga jo hume yeh idea dede ki woh uss morning Kahan gya tha.. so search that clue..."

 By now, Monami was used to the way he speaks.  She doesn't get offended anymore.  

****

They walk out to the backyard.  There’s a poultry shed.  

Inside the shed, there’s around 12 chickens. It’s probably one of the main source of income for the family.  There is a cabinet beside the shed. A basket of eggs sits on top of the cabinet. 

Monami turns back into the house to find Raghav's mother.

 ****

After some time, Monami returns to Raghav's room.

"I found something. But it’s probably useless." She said.

Karan keeps his eyes on the ground: “Speak."

Monami looked at his handsome face. She feels a little uneasy to share her little humble opinion with a world renowned expert.  

She cleared her throat and speaks out: “Raghav school me theek tha . Jyada padhai nahi karta tha par classmates k sath achhi bnti thi.. woh log...  They like playing video games but his family is too poor to buy a console and games for him to play at home.  So he likes to hang out at video game parlours and cyber cafes.“

Jis din sir, Raghav lapata hua uss din woh apni bhua k ghar eggs ka basket leke Gaya tha but pahuncha..." Monami continues.

 "Stop!" Karan interrupted her.  Looking at her with his  clear sharp eyes: “Tumhe kaise pta woh eggs leke jaane wala tha..?"

Monami replied: "Maine piche eggs ka basket dekha tha.. toh socha agar maa baap chahte hain ki bachha bua k sath ache se rahe toh unhone sath me kuch gift bheja hoga waise bhi relatives k wahan jate h toh kuch gift toh leke jaate hain.. and they have a poultry shed.. so they may have given fresh eggs na.. he he.. shyd it's not relevant to the case, right?  Iske alawa main kuch nahi find out kar payi.. sor..."

Monami's voice suddenly stopped, because Karan stepped forward, and bents over to hug her.

Monami stiffened and looked at Karan. He released her quickly and looked at her with a smile.

 “Bhua k ghar eggs leke jaana..! You're a genius!"

 Monami: "Par yeh toh basic manner hain.."

Karan smiles: "Faizi ne kaha tha ki tum.. you are a very well mannered person, so you can complement me in places I am lacking in.  He is right..."

 Monami: "......"  So isse yeh compliment samjhe..

Karan opens the map app on his phone.  He points to a location and says: “This is  where he went missing.” 

He is pointing to a farmer's market. "Why?" She asked curiously.

Karan seems a little more patient with her now.  He explains: “Rupees.  Woh ghar se egg ka basket leke nikla.. It’s so inconvenient. so agar woh sidha apni bua k Ghar nahi gya toh woh market gya hoga unn eggs ko bechne k liye.. aur unse Jo rupees mile unhe lekar video games khelne cyber cafe.. market uski bua k Ghar se dur bhi nahi h aur cyber cafe k bhi pass h.."

 “Usse video games khelna pasand h.. par utne rupees nahi h ki inn par waste kre.. isliye Raghav ne secretly woh andhe sell kr diye.. aur as he often brings eggs to his auntie’s house so he is betting that his aunt will not find out his mischief... Samjhi..”

Monami listened and nods: “Samjh gayi.. par ab yahan se aage Kahan?"

Karan’s smile deepens.

****

They return to the car. Leaving the village, they are back on the national highway.

Karan took out a notebook and starts to write frantically. Monami is busy texting Sid with all the updates. 

When Karan has finished writing, he throws her the notebook: "Give them a call."

Monami picked up the book.  She reads what Karan wrote.

"Male, aged 25-30, local, slim, ordinary looking;

Lives alone within 3km from the farmer's market. The place where he works is close to the market too.

No car.

Strong communication skills, articulate, frequent visitor of video game parlours, movie theatres and other places teenagers like to hang out. "

Monami looks at him: "kyon.. woh..why.. ...... Why does the offender live near the location of the first disappearance? Aur woh 25 se 30 saal k beech me hi kyon hoga???"

Karan put his hands behind his head: “Ajeeb baat hain.. maine sab kuch toh white board par likh dia tha.. tumne subah dekha nahi?"

Then he opened the map apps on his phone again, pointing: "Tell them to immediately search the forest to the east of the farmers' markets. Agar unhe  kuch mile.. then give us a call immediately."

Monami was shocked: “mile?  Par kya mile?"

 Karan, glancing at her: “You’ve already guessed the answer.  Phir mujhse kyon puch rahi ho bhala..?”

    Karan smiled: "My dear assistant, jaisa ki maine tumhe phle kaha tha.. main human trafficking hands ya phir mediocre stuff me interested  nahi hoon.. but Serial killers are my speciality.”

*****

So I can say this one must be longest part jo maine aaj tk likha h... Socha tha kl update Dena ka usse but complete yeh aaj hi hua..
Like maine 4542 words likh daale and woh meri bak-bak ko hata ke.. uff..

So Karan ne toh pta lga liya.. woh Banda kon ho sakta h.. but Monami ji ko abhi bhi nahi khabar.. aapko pta h..

Nahi..

Toh main next me hi btaungi..

And yeah guys agar iss par votes and comments nahi aaye na.. then I swear mujhse likha nahi jaane wala..

So till that
Ta-ta

Your writer
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618K 28.6K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
18.6K 991 13
What will happen a Minister's lost wife come back with his five years child? By source, Minister killed her five years ago? He have girlfriend now- T...
49.1K 1.8K 58
"don't look at me with those eyes Ms Singh otherwise I will loose myself to you ". He said and landed forward our lips so close but still that streng...
17.9K 1K 81
"ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘....." ★★★ AARYANSH × ISH...