The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Tricks and Traps

633 20 2
By DayDreamerBookReader

Lyra's POV

"I'll tell you how, we have something that they don't; air power" Aang stated as he pointed to the clouds.

"We control the sky, that's something the fire nation can't do" Aang continued

"We can win" Aang finally stated with a hopeful expression.

I nodded, good idea, but how long until this army comes? And how big?

"I want to help" the inventor stated as he looked to his son in hope. His son beamed at him with a free smile,

"Good, we'll need it" Aang said smiling kindly.

------

Two hours had passed since the threat had been made. The inventor warned us that we had one day until the attack would begin if the weapons weren't handed over.

Sokka began drawing out plans on what we'd need, he used any and everything he could get his hands on.

It took time laying out the base of our attack, Aang was forming a group of highly skilled gliders for the attack.

Katara was on Appa resupplying the gliders with the bombs.

Asura and I were in charge of cloud cover and tactical traps. I had three bases of attack from the sewage system, I had to be careful and I couldn't stay in the tunnels too long since they were filled with a dangerous natural gas but with some holes in the sides and top I could get safe, breathable air. But the system was fast and it led down to the hidden path on the side of the mountain with a carved path.

This was where the soldiers came from, and it was where they'd likely start their attack. I had snow traps with thin ice which led to trenches. I covered the path with clear slick ice, which would make it difficult to walk up and had ice buckets at the top where the young of the group would dump the freezing water on the soldiers. We even used rotting food, and fertilizer for the buckets, even mud, slime, and my personal favorite, stink.

"The ice is really slippery so make sure that you step where I step" I instructed Katara.

She nodded and followed my steps. I paused forgetting where I put the next step. Katara noticed this and motioned to the patch of uncovered stone.

I nodded stepping forward only to fall back on Katara causing us to both slide down.

I shrieked in fear as we slid close to the edge but Katara managed to catch us on a rock.

"Are you okay?" She asked me as I nodded. I hung off the edge of a fifteen foot drop.

I bended the ice on the slope to hold onto my feet as I climbed up.

"Holy shit, that was too close" I breathed as I grabbed the hand Katara offered.

"Yeah" Katara agreed and laughed. I turned to her as I sat on the ledge, I turned to her in confusion,

"What?" I questioned in confusion at her laughter,

"The trap works, a little too well for even us" Katara smiled.

I laughed a bit,

"I guess so" I agreed, "I can't see why" I snickered.

Katara sighed,

"Don't say that joke ever again" she groaned.

I smirked,

"So you don't like my jokes, I can tell Sokka you would rather hear his terrible jokes" I grinned knowing I've won. Katara reacted fast,

"Please, Spirits no, Lyra" she begged.

I laughed as I wiped my eyes.

"Fine, but just this once" I joked.

Katara laughed in response,

"Whatever, the group's probably waiting" Katara rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Hey, I saw that!" I called her out.

She tipped her head back,

"Really? I thought you couldn't see?" She turned my own joke back on me.

I snickered,

"I see what you did there"

"Did you now?"

"-Shut up!" I silenced her.

Katara grinned as she helped me up,

"Thanks" I breathed in relief as she grabbed my hand.

"Do you think Sokka and the inventor managed to come up with something yet?" I asked a few minutes later as we reached the safe area.

Katara nodded with an anxious expression,

"I really hope so" she breathed in an attempt to soothe herself.

"Me too" I agreed as we separated.

I turned to enter the main area and she went to check on Aang and the others.

Asura was waiting for me, her ears were drooped but immediately lifted as she saw me.

She chirped, and chuffed, and chattered at me.

I didn't notice Momo on her back until he leapt on my shoulders,

"Hi Buddy!" I cooed as I scratched between his ears.

He chattered happily and leaned into my hand. Asura purred and smoothed Momo's fur with her tongue.

Momo leaned his head back and chattered as he leapt on her her head.

I walked to the cliffside and put my foot out as cloud cushion held me high. I heard a scream behind me, and I turned around as a little boy I hadn't met before ran to my side, or just in front of me, he could be no older than three.

His body structure was slightly malnourished and he seemed fearful,

"You not falling?" He questioned in confusion as he stepped closer. I immediately dipped to catch him before he fell through the clouds. I caught him and placed him on the cliffside.

My thighs ached as I held his extra weight and put him down gently.

"You a spirit!" He laughed in joy.

"No, honey, I'm not" I assured him kindly as I stepped onto the solid stone.

"But you walk on cloud!" He beamed.

I melted a little bit, I kinda was part spirit.

"Okay, but this is a secret okay? Only spirits walk on clouds" I assured him to keep him from jumping into the clouds.

"Okay!" He nodded and ran towards a distraught woman.

"Mommy!" He beamed as he hugged her legs, "I met a spirit!" He laughed and jumped.

The woman flipped her gaze up in worry as I waved.

"Was that the spirit?" She asked him pointing at me. The boy only nodded,

"Yes! She walk on clouds!" He explained vaguely. The clouds did reach the cliffs so it looked like I was standing on clouds.

"Sweetheart, she's on the side of the cliff not on the clouds" his mom explained patiently.

I shook my head and walked back onto the clouds to reach the others faster when the woman wasn't looking.

Sokka and the inventor was waiting for us as I met up with Aang and Katara.

"What's going on?" I asked as I appeared from behind.

Katara turned to face me and Aang did the same as well,

"Sokka and the inventor have something to show us apparently" Katara explained simply.

"They're finishing it up now" Aang shrugged.

I nodded just when we were told to enter. Katara pressed the door open and Sokka and the inventor beamed with pride.

We gathered in front of a table as the inventor began to speak.....

----------------

Sooooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! A lot has happened in this past month, so the updates schedule has been a mess. Sorry, I hope you guys have a good day or night and stay safe and healthy! Until next time my Bookworms I will see y'all in the next one!
-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water ๐Ÿ’ง ...
1M 30.8K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
441K 11.9K 35
๐Š๐š๐ข๐๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡: แดกแด€แด›แด‡ส€ โ I only came because I wanted to protect the people of my tribe and my family. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ:...
104K 2.6K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...