Tara's Story

By Blitzluver

Tara was a mostly normal werewolf, with a mostly normal life. A mother, a pack, a shy mate, and a best friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Big long Author's note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55a
Chapter 55b
Chapter 56
Epilouge

Chapter 22

1.6K 28 2
By Blitzluver

here ya go! :) VOTE!! COMMENT!!

 ********************************************

I felt someone poking me. “Uh, Tara?” I heard someone ask.

I just groaned rolled over. “Yes, what is it?”

“Um, well it’s like 6 pm now. We’re hungry.”

I sat up slowly. “Really? It’s been that long?” I yawned, while rubbing my eyes.

“I guess so. I don’t know.” I looked over to see Mirabelle.

“Huh. Must be because I transformed and such. It really does wear out the body.”

“So that’s why Seth is sleepy all the time!” she exclaimed with new realization. “I was really wondering there seeing as he’d sometimes fall asleep during our video games. And I didn’t know what to do with him then.”

“Yeah. It’s natural for a werewolf.” I said, swinging my legs over the side of my bed. As I got up, dad’s shirt fell to the carpet.

Mirabelle picked it up and I reached over onto my bed and snatched the picture of Conner. “What is this?” she asked, recognizing it as a man’s shirt.

“It was my father’s. It’s one of the few things I have left of him now.”

“Oh.” She said, smiling and handing it back to me. I smiled back and hung it up in the closet and put Conner’s picture on top of the dresser. “Who’s that in the picture?” she asked walking toward the picture and peering at it.

“Oh, that’s Conner.” I said. Her eyebrows rose.

“Really? He’s a cute.” She grinned.

“Mirabelle, you already have a boyfriend! And you know he’s all mine.”

“Well, if I can’t see my boyfriend anyways, it doesn’t make a difference does it? Plus waste not, want not.”

“Ugh, Mirabelle! You get to see him tomorrow! It’s not that far away. Plus I never said I didn’t want him.”

“You know what’s coming but never arrives?” she asked.

I sighed. “What?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Ugh! Mirabelle! Go downstairs!” I exclaimed, exasperatedly. She did giggling, and I moaned. Is this really going to be having teenage girls are like? Having them hit on my miles away love? Geez, I never thought it would be like this.

I shook my head, and went downstairs. For supper, I threw a pizza in the oven and we had casual chat going on during dinner. I think everyone was tired though, except me. It had been a long day. But since I had my long nap, I wasn’t tired anymore.

Well, since running tires me out, I should go on a run. So I transformed and used the moonlight as my guide while I ran randomly in the surrounding forest. I found a small meadow where the moon shined upon, making the tall grass look like a shade of blue. I was coldish out, but I didn’t mind. This place seemed magical.

I don’t believe Conner is dead at all. If he were, I don’t think I would be able to be this happy. I wonder what he’s doing now, where he is.

I wonder if he’s thinking of me.

There are just so many things I want to know about him now. Hopefully someday soon I can get them answered. After sitting in the meadow for a few minutes, I decided to howl. I don’t know why I just felt like doing it. Something in the wolf part of me said to. After that, I turned on my heel and ran into the night back home. Once I was human again, and safely wrapped up under my blankets, I found indeed I was tired. So, I willingly let myself go to sleep.

I was in a dress. A pretty one. It was green with thick straps but only went up a little about my knees. It was summertime. I could tell because a warm breeze was ruffled my hair as butterflies rode on it, seeking out the flowers in full bloom. Birds chirped nearby and squirrels were busy gathering nuts. I was standing in a meadow, with forest running along all sides of it. I was just dancing around in it, carefree; just laughing and smiling as the sun shined down.

Suddenly storm clouds rolled over, brining a cold breeze which made me shiver, yet not one drop fell from the sky. The sky was very dark and ominous, which started to make me alert for what was to come. A figure came out of the forest. It was Isaac.

I stiffened up and held my breath as he saw me and smiled. “You’re dead.” I whispered, hardly audible to a human’s ears.

“You don’t know that for sure.” He grinned.

“Yes I do.” I said, scared.

He licked his lips while walking closer to me. “You were always one of my most pretty victims. Maybe that’s why I didn’t kill you. I would just love to have you in my arms.”

In a flash, he was right in front of me. He stroked my cheek. “Wouldn’t you like that too? To be my girl; such a real honor. To be by my side. To kiss me.” He whispered in my ear.

“Get the hell away from me before I break your neck.” I growled through clenched teeth.

He smiled. “You always had spunk that’s something I always liked about you. But you see, I can control you Tara. You can’t move now, can you?” Indeed, when I tried to lift up my finger, I found I could not. Like a force was over me, paralyzing me all over again. He just grinned at my weakness and pulled a strand of hair away from my face. Tears started running down my face. Someone help me! I cried out in my mind. Get me away from this creep!

All of a sudden, a wolf came out of the forest. He growled and leaped up on Isaac, tumbling with him to the ground. Once Isaac was out of my face, the force which had previously constricted me was lifted and I could breathe again. The werewolf chased Isaac off back into the woods.

The sun came back out as the clouds parted. I smiled, and looked over to the wolf that’d saved me. Only now did I see that the wolf’s fur was golden. He turned to me and transformed back into a human. But he wasn’t naked when he transformed back, instead he was wearing a white dress shirt, only half-way buttoned, and black pants. I he smiled and jogged over to me.

I smiled back as he came close. His golden eyes sparkled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I looked up at him with my grass-green eyes while my heart surged. This is how it was supposed to be.

I awoke suddenly, heart beating fast. I sat up quickly, breathing heavily in a cold sweat. That dream really shook me deep inside; to fears that I’d thought I’d left behind me with the rest of my past. Yet, it had made me happy. It had me seeing what I hoped to be the future of me and Conner.

Out the window it was still gray in the dawn, and I glanced at my alarm clock. It was 7 am. Great. Well, since I was certainly not going to get anymore sleep with that dream still fresh in my mind; I decided I might as well get up. So I took a shower and dressed casually before grabbing a bowl of Frosted Flakes. I settled on not waking the girls up; they were really tired last night. There wasn’t much to do but sleep in this morning.

I cleaned up my dishes and scribbled a note for the girls. It read: I’m running some errands. I’ll be back by lunchtime. Don’t leave the house, leave the doors locked, and don’t burn it down or flood it. Love, Tara.

Satisfied, I left and ran in my human form with my vampire super speed, since I wouldn’t get tired that way. I got to the pack, hoping at least someone would be awake. It was about 8:30, and with werewolves you never know. When I walked in the door, I saw Embry snoring on the couch, Emily washing dishes, and Sam leaning on the counter sipping coffee.

Emily turned around. “Oh hello Tara! I haven’t seen you in a couple days how are you doing? I heard that the boys helped you furnish your new house.”

“Um, yes they did. I’m actually here to invite you and the whole pack over today to my house. It’s sort of a new house party. There’s also going to be plenty of food.” 

“We’ll be delighted to go!” she exclaimed beaming.

“I’ll tell the others later.” Said Sam, putting down his mug.

“Well, I have to go now. I have a lot of things to do today.” I said, making my leave.

“Well bye.” Said Emily, giving me a quick hug before letting me leave.

“Bye.” I smiled. Once outside, I ran to Forks. Before making my way to the vampires’ house, I stopped at the school.

“How may I help you?” the office lady asked pleasantly while the bell rang and the students shuffled to their next class. Ah yes, this place brought back memories of the days where I tried to slightly push someone out of my way so I could get through the crowd to only accidentally shove them due to my werewolf strength. Due to that, I didn’t have a whole lot of close friends. Except Sara.

I quickly dismissed that train of thought, seeing as the past was dead now and I needed to move on. Instead, I focused on the present. “I would like to enroll two students here.”

“Well, you’ll have to fill out these forms...”

Ten minutes later, I walked out of that place with a hand cramp. Seriously? How much more paperwork will I have to fill out for those two? I jogged over to the vampires’ house and rang the doorbell. “Oh hello.” Smiled Esme pleasantly.

“Hi. I was hoping to invite you and the others over to my house tonight for a party at my new house.”

“Oh, yes. Alice told us that you’d gotten one. Come on in.” she gestured, holding the door open for me. I thanked her and smiled while walking in.

“Did I hear something about a party?” asked Emmet from the couch.

“Yep. Tonight at my place.”

“Sweet.” He said, turning back to the TV.

Alice fluttered down the stairs. “A party? That sound fun!” she exclaimed. Then, she gave a little frown. “Are there going to be humans there?”

“Um, yeah.” I said, slightly confused.

“Ok. Jasper don’t forget to feed today!” she called over her shoulder.

I heard a “I will.” From a backroom somewhere. She turned back to me and smiled. “Can I help you decorate and stuff?” she asked excitedly.

I thought about for a moment, before agreeing. “See you guys later.” She called before following me to the grocery store. “What are we doing here?” she asked.

“Well, the pack’s coming over too. I’m going to need to stock up on food.”

“Oh, that’s a good idea. Those dogs eat the like pigs.” I just smiled to myself on her comment while picking out a boat load of food to buy.

We brought it back to the house and I called “Mirabelle! Rena! Come help unload groceries!”

Alice gave me a confused look, before getting all excited again. “You adopted Mirabelle!!!” she exclaimed, starting to jump around.

I beamed. “Yes I did. Yesterday actually along with Rena. That’s the actual reason for this party.”

Mirabelle and Rena walked in. Rena looked at Alice like she was psycho and Mirabelle broke out into a smile. “Alice!” she called running over and hugging Alice. “Mirabelle! It’s so good to see you!” Alice exclaimed, hugging her back gently.

Rena looked plainly confused. “Oh Rena, this is Alice. One of the vampires.” I said, introducing them. Rena gave a silent ‘oh’ look and then helped me unload groceries while Mirabelle and Alice started talking animatedly in the living room.

Throughout the rest of the day, Alice helped clean the house while I cooked a mountain of food. Then, Alice turned my living room into a party central by moving the furniture aside, setting up speakers with a stack of music next to it, putting up balloons and streamers, and setting up the buffet table. After she was through, I didn’t recognize it anymore. “Wow, Alice. It looks...great.” I commented upon entry.

She beamed. “I knew you’d like it. So what are you going to wear tonight?”

I looked down at my non-holey jeans and plain blue shirt. “Well, this is fine.” I said.

“Oh no it’s not! You must be kidding me! I know something that would look way better on you.” She said.

I gulped. I knew what was coming.

Half an hour before anyone was due to arrive, me, Mirabelle and Rena got gotten dressed up, hair done and makeup done by Alice. “Is this how she always is?” asked Rena, looking down at her thick strapped knee-length black dress.

“Pretty much.” I said, playing with the silver necklace Alice had found in my jewelry box that I didn’t even knew I had. Alice had also put me in a strapless cream-colored dress that fell to just above my knees.

Mirabelle walked in with her dress and bracelet ensemble. “Shouldn’t we put the food out now?” she asked.

“Oh yeah, we should.” I smiled. She helped me warm up the food and set it out along with plates and silverware. Once we had it all done, I clasped my hands and smiled. “Now we’re all set.”

Right on time, the doorbell rang and I shooed Rena and Mirabelle upstairs. “I’ll tell you when to come down when everyone’s here.” I called after them before answering the door.

“Hello Tara.” Smiled Carlisle.

“Hi! Come in!” I gestured. All the vampires came in and looked around. “The living room doesn’t usually look like this.” I commented. “It’s been Alice-fied.”

Esme laughed. “Yeah, I can see that.”

The phone rang and I excused myself to answer it.

“Hello?” asked a voice I recognized as my mother’s.

“Mom! It’s so nice to hear from you! What’s new?” I asked happily.

“Well, you know how you wanted that stuff? Well I’m getting close to Forks now, only half an hour or so away. I’ve got a truckload and I’m bringing it with some friends now. Just to give you s heads up.”

I gawked. “Um, that’ll be fine. With friends you say?”

“Well, I’m not going to lift that heavy stuff by myself. Anyways, they needed something to do.” She said plainly.

“Um, ok. I’ll see you soon then.”

“Ok bye.”

“Bye.” I said, hanging up and turning back to my guests. “It has been as busy day.”

They just smiled; except Rosalie. I don’t think she really wanted to be here. Alice fluttered over by Jasper and started talking while the doorbell rang again. I went over to answer it and found a smiling Emily holding a peach pie.

“Come in! You can put that on the table over there with the other food.” I smiled, holding the door wide for all of them to get through. Thankfully they were wearing shirts. Seth was the last one to come in and I gave him a smile. He looked up at me glumly and didn’t say anything. If he only knew what was coming...

Once they got in I felt extreme tension in the air between them and the vampires. They were created to be enemies after all; I can’t blame them. I sighed. I would have to be peacemaker today I guess. “Ok guys. This place doesn’t have anything to do with your treaty or whatever so there is no reason to be fighting here. Also, this place is home to vampires and werewolves alike, so let’s just be nice to each other here. You can bicker all you want outside of this place but as long as you are on my property you’ll be nice to each other. Got it?”

There was lots of head bobbing in the room before I said. “Good.” Then I turned to the werewolves. “Buffet table is over there.” I said simply. Naturally, Quil and Embry grinned and immediately started filling up their plates like I expected they would. Then Emmet and Edward put on some music to help ease things up a bit more. Though, they argued on what kind. Edward likes classical. Emmet liked pop. I left the two to settle out their differences on their own.

While everyone was chatting to one another and such, I snuck upstairs to Rena and Mirabelle. “Ok. Everyone’s here.” I whispered to them. “When I say: ‘I have a surprise for you guys’ come down.”

“Ok.” Said Rena fidgeting; obviously nervous.

“Don’t worry Rena. They’ll love you.” I reassured her.

She just nodded anxiously. I was about to head downstairs, when I turned back a moment to give them a quick head’s up. “By the way, Grandma is going to be here soon. Warning: she doesn’t know I adopted yet, so she doesn’t know about you guys.”

Rena’s eyes widened. “You never told her!” she exclaimed.

“Well, I’m going tell her now. Anyways, see you in a few minutes.” I said, walking down the stairs unnoticed.

Emily walked over and smiled at me. “You look great tonight! And this house is fabulous! I love it.”

“Thanks.” I smiled. Then, I cleared my throat loudly. My multiple guests hushed down. “You all know you’re here to see my new house and all, but I have a surprise for you guys.” I saw the girls starting to walk down the stairs out of the corner of my eye. “Let me introduce my new daughters, as of yesterday, Mirabelle and Rena.”

The girls came down the stairs, all smiles. Everyone in the room either had their mouth hanging open or was smiling at the sight of them. I watched for Seth’s reaction most of all though. At first he was just staring out a window, not even paying attention. Jared nudged him though so he’d turn around and smell the flowers. That’s when Seth’s mouth just hit the floor. He ran to Mirabelle as quickly as possible and embraced her in a tight hug while kissing her hair with hot tears in his eyes. I smiled to myself, happy that I did at least one thing right. I got soul mates back together again.

She buried her face in his chest, hugging him back. It was so sweet to watch unfold. I was happy looking at them, but yet sad. They were so happy, just being together. They got to hold each other in each other’s arms. Why couldn’t I have that? Why couldn’t I be happy? Why can’t Conner be here with me? Why, why, why?

Before I let any tears fall I snuck out into the kitchen. I grabbed the phone and pushed in the buttons as fast as I could.

Ring. Ring. Ring. “Please leave a message.” Said a robot lady.

Ugh! Stupid robots. I pushed the redial button and waited anxiously, dying for at least someone to answer, to no avail. They must be on patrol or something. I felt like chucking the phone out the window, but I knew that would do more harm than good.

The tears started to fall and I sunk down so my back was against the cupboard and my butt was on the floor. Why did life have to be like this? Here was a perfect example on how mates should be right in my own living room. They should be together. Yet here I was, alone, sobbing on my kitchen floor. I don’t want to be this way. I don’t want to be alone. I want to be with Conner. Yet, I can’t because I can’t even get his voice over the phone anymore! I just sat there and cried; my heart feeling like it was slowly dying from the inside out.

“What’s going on in here?” asked Leah, walking in the room. She saw me crying and ran over and knelt down by me. I didn’t answer. Even if I wanted to try to, I wouldn’t have been able to. I was too choked up on tears. “What is it Tara? What’s wrong?” Leah asked, worried now.

I tried to form words, but it only came out as more choking sobs. After a minute, I managed to say “I don’t want to be alone anymore.” I took a ragged breath, starting to get angry at the world now. Why did the world make me this way? Why couldn’t I be happy too? “I don’t want to be alone!” I said, almost yelling. I whacked my hand on the cabinet door that was next to me, making it crack and break in half. I looked from my hand to the cabinet through my blurred vision. Then, I just started crying even harder.

Alice rushed in. “what’s going on in here?” she asked, coming over by me.

I just shook my head. I wasn’t one for talking anymore. “She’s having an emotion breakdown.” Spoke Leah softly. “I think it has something to do with being away from your mate. My mother says that when you’re apart from your mate, it’s an everyday struggle to keep going on with your life. She said that it feels like something that’s eating you from the inside out, almost making you go insane. Plus, it’s hardest for the mate who’s a werewolf. Seeing as its two werewolves in this situation, I think it’s even harder than normal. Especially for Tara. It’s almost impossible to make it this long.”

Alice looked from me two her. “She imprinted on someone! Why don’t I know about this?” again, I wasn’t saying anything. “Well, never mind that now. Right now isn’t a good time to explain. Tara! You have a party to host right now. That means you’ll have to save the emotional breakdowns for later. Now I’ll be right back. When I come back I’m going to fix your hair and make-up and you’re going to go out there not letting anyone even have a clue of what happened in here. Got it?”

I lifted my head up and wiped away the tears while nodding. She did like she said, and after ten minutes I was back in the living room with an emotional mask on without even explaining my absence once. I found that Mirabelle still hadn’t left Seth’s side, but I tried not to think about that and focused on something else instead.

That something else turned out to be introducing Rena to everyone. Luckily, no one imprinted on her. I would have lots of son-in-laws if that happened. Even so, that didn’t stop Embry and Quil from attempting to flirt with her. “No imprinting means no flirting or dating.” I said firmly.

At least Rena seemed to be relaxing a little more and smiling time to time. The doorbell rang and I gulped. Now’s the time I’d have to tell mom about Mirabelle and Rena. This was going to be interesting. I put on my fake smile, took a deep breath and opened the door. “Hi mom! Come on in!” I said, giving her a big hug. She walked through smiling with some bearded guys following with boxes of stuff.

“Upstairs, the empty room.” It old them. They walked off and I went over by mom who was marveling at how big the house is. “Wow. You chose nice and hairy guys to come with.” I commented, to her.

She just shrugged. “This place is beautiful! You do take after me in picking a house I must say. But, who are all these people darling?”  

“Well...” I started, introducing her to the vampires, then werewolves. She politely smiled and shook their hands until there was only two left to introduce. I wrung my hands nervously, scared of what she might say when I told her. We reached to where the two were standing, also nervously smiling. Mom looked at me expectantly. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before saying “um mom, this is Mirabelle and this is Rena. They’re my new daughters as of yesterday.” I barely got out the last sentence and anxiously watched her expression changed as she took in this news.

“Wow. I did not see the coming.” She said simply, throwing up her hands in a mixture of exasperation and shock.

“I adopted them” I added, just so she wouldn’t get the wrong idea.

Mom just kind of stood there, looking from them to me. “Hi grandma.” Said Rena tentatively. Mom glanced at her slightly surprise, but finally broke out in a smile.

“Nice to have you in the family.” She said, hugging Rena. I started to breathe easy again, relieved that was finally over. She turned to me. “I wasn’t expecting grandchildren this early on, but I guess its ok.”

I smiled. “You’re the one who always bugged me about it.”

She smiled back at them. “They’re perfect.” Seth came over and hugged Mirabelle from behind.

“I’m sorry, but I’m just going to steal her away from you now.” He smirked. She giggled and they walked away.

“They’re mates.” I whispered to Mom.

“Oh. That makes sense.” She smiled. She turned to Rena and starting chatting with her, leaving me out of the conversation. I walked away from them and grabbed a glass of wine from the buffet table. If I were to get through this night in one piece, I would need it.

Though, my heart did feel a little better already. Probably had something to do with my mom being here. It could be that I was more worried about telling her than I thought, and having that pressure off now helped too. I leaned against the staircase, and felt the constant vibration as the hairy guys Mom brought along constantly walking up and down it.

One guy that was walking by almost dropped a box marked fragile. “Don’t break that!” I exclaimed, throwing a hand out to help him catch it; almost spilling my wine in the process.  

He looked in my eyes and mumbled “sorry.”

I slowly stood up and let him continue through, in a daze. The hazel eyes that he had brought up a memory.

*flashback*

“Get up Tara!” yelled Zevi. “It’s your turn for patrol!”

I groaned and snuggled deeper into the covers. Suddenly, a cold wind blew over my skin as he took the blankets away. “Hey!” I said. He just smiled and said, “Time to get up.”

“Jerk.” I said getting up while playfully pushing him. Once I was up, he immediately laid down where I just was and fell asleep.

I just smiled down at his short black hair and closed hazel eyes.

*end of flashback*

I put my head up to my head, and closed my eyes. I must be going crazy. There are literally millions of people with hazel eyes. Who says this guy is any different? He was definitely not Zevi. Zevi didn’t have a beard and certainly was not fat like this guy was. Plus, I couldn’t even get Zevi to wear a fake beard for Halloween so he could be Paul Bunion. This guy was simply not Zevi. The alcohol must be getting me. I need a distraction right now. Extra time lets me think and right now I shouldn’t be thinking.

Another mustache and beard guy walked by carrying a lamp. He glanced at me before heading up the stairs.

My heart stopped.

The glass of wine that I was holding fell down and shattered on the floor. I couldn’t believe it. I simply could not believe it.

He had golden eyes.

There was only one person that I knew that had golden eyes.

Conner.

*********************************

AHH! yet even MORE EPICNESS is to come! :D

COMMENT & VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 128 15
Amanda was just a simple nerdy girl. She was found out that she is adopted. She runs away discovering she is a werewolf. She stumbles onto another pa...
2.3M 93K 42
Vienna was loathed by her parents and her pack from the moment she was born because she was not supposed to be born a female. She was intended to be...
4.7K 136 17
Life for Kristin Lite was normal. Or as relatively normal it could get as a werewolf and witch hybrid. Parents human, and lack of info in the superna...
17.8K 685 46
A twist on Werewolf, Vampire, Hybrids. This is not your typical Werewolf teen romance. Definitely not teen romance. Adult werewolf style with dark to...