A Diamond Heart

By Maryel_73

A vow is a vow, it shouldn't be broken. But Fernando Perez broke a vow he made 13years ago never to fall in l... More

Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Epilogue

Episode 62

443 21 0
By Maryel_73

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 62

The playlist for this chapter is 'Westlife - One Last Time' do enjoy 🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV Cont'd

"Go ahead and deny it that it wasn't you, you asshole. I've been looking for you for over three months now but it looks like you disappeared from the surface of the Earth and then appeared again today!" She shrieks and I groaned at her high-pitched voice.

"Now that's enough with the yelling, I've had enough with the press already, I don't need more dramas in my life. I'm sorry I kissed you that day, I was just experimenting with something, don't take it personally, okay? I have to leave now, like I said I have urgent matters to attend to".

She snickered and took a step closer to me. We were just an inch apart from each other. What is she trying to do now?

"Seriously? Do you think you can run away from me like you did last time? Sorry baby, not this time. Do you remember what you started three months ago? You are going to finish it right now and right here? Or no, maybe we can finish it at your house or what do you think sweetheart?" she smirks and tilts my chin up.

I guess the worst things won't stop happening to me, I wonder what I've done wrong in my life to deserve this.
These women want to drive me crazy but I won't allow them.

My gaze bores into hers and she was smiling at me. "I can see you are going insane and is quite obvious I'm not the one to cure it. The man you are seeing right now is married and I'm expecting a child from my beloved wife. Whatever happened a few months back was just a fling, I was only experimenting something with you! Not like I was attracted to you-".

Her glare caught me short for a moment but I ignored it and continue. "If you are looking for a boyfriend then you should go find someone else because I'm already taken" I flashed my ring finger to her and she rolled her eyes with a snicker.

She erupted into laughter and I wonder what was amusing to her. I guess she finds what I just said funny when I'm serious.

"You can laugh all you want young woman but let me be clear with you, I don't play games with ladies, and even if I want to, not with someone like you. I was just not sober when I did what I did with you, so get over it already and move on with your life!" I yelled to her face and walked up to my car.

I thought I could just get in and leave but the unexpected happened and I found myself sharing a kiss with the same woman. She broke the kiss and slapped me so hard on my right cheek.

I was still trying to process what just happened when I heard "That makes us more even! You stole a kiss from me and I stole a kiss from you" she twirls and was about to leave when she stopped.

"And oh, the slap is a consolation price when your wife finds out you were kissing another woman. Have a lovely evening ahead" she smirks and pecks me on the cheek and she walked away.

Do you mean just like that I was kissed and slapped at the same time?

**~~~**

Micaela's POV

"I don't understand a thing, what is going on? Why did Fernando lied to the press that we aren't divorced?" I asked in confusion. I still can't believe what I just watched, it's quite hard to believe.

"I have no idea, my child, let's wait until he gets here then we'll find out why he did that" my mother-in-law replied.

"Wait until he gets here? No way, I'm not going to wait for him to arrive, I'll go find him wherever the fuck he is! He is going to explain to me the reason behind his lies and if I found out he's just trying to toil with my feelings then it's going to end badly for him!"

I've never been this angry and upset, I feel like I'm being used right now and there's never been a time my intuition fails me. I know I'm always calm with things and acting all soft but today my calm and humble self has left me. All I want is action and not tears. Perhaps is time I get rid of that part of Micaela that is always taking other people's blame.

"Micaela you have to calm down, don't get ahead of yourself just yet. My son might have a reason for what he must have done. Just sit down and wait for him to get here, you shouldn't go over to his office and make a fuse".

"I'm going to respect the fact you are like a mother to me that's why I'm not going to find your son. I'll wait and see if he comes......" I trailed off when the door swung open and revealed Ferd standing in the doorway. "Ha! Here comes Lord Fernando!" I exclaimed humorously and gave a curtsey.

"What are you doing here? I thought I made myself clear that....."

"Cut it off already, Fernando. I'm not here to have pleasantries with you. All I need to know is why the hell you lied to the whole world that we are still together?"

"Stop pretending as if you didn't like what I did" he retorts and I gasp in disbelief.

"Oh really!"

"Yes really! I know you so well that you never wanted the world to know we are now divorced! So, you should be thanking me for covering up for you instead".

Damn! He just hit a point and that has made me almost shut up and let the matter die here, but no, not this new Micaela.

"You know, maybe you are right but you didn't expose the truth because of me but for your selfish gain! I know you too well Fernando, don't try to act smart with me! You did what you did just so your business name won't be jeopardized. And also, you don't want to lose your business partners, isn't it? C'mon, go ahead and deny it!"

"And so what? What if I did do it out of my interest? Haven't you done worst things than that?!"

"You damn bastard! You are one hell of a demon! How on Earth did I fall in love with a jerk like you?!" I spat with venom in my voice and marched towards him but his mom came in between us.

"That's enough now! Both of you should calm down. You two are so pissed with each other right now and is not good for you to be vomiting such words" she tried to calm us but I wasn't buying it.

"Who do you think you are huh? Mr. Perfect with no mistakes or sin in your body?!" I snapped.

"I might not be perfect but I'm not a rapist and pretender like you!"

I snickered and shook my head amusingly. "Call me whatever names you like but that's not going to affect me because I'm not that person you think I am. Your opinion of me doesn't justify who I am".

"I see your boyfriend Antonio I've given you some nerves to talk back at me as much as you want, well done".

"Do not involve Antonio with what concerns just the two of us!" I snarled like a wounded tigress and he furrows in amazement. Suddenly the door swung open and someone barged in like he was being chased. "Antonio?!" I whisper-yelled surprised to see him here.

"Speaking of the devil, he appeared right in time," my ex-husband said with a smile.

"You son of a bitch! What are you doing here?" Antonio growled and Fernando snorted.

"Are you crazy or what? This is my house, not yours" Fernando reminded him.

"You are a disgrace to manhood!" Antonio spat angrily and that threw me off guard.

"Calm down Antonio, it hasn't gotten to that level" I butt in.

"Nah, let him speak to me however he wants, you gave him the guts remember" Fernando replied.

"This asshole deserves more than just words. He was here all along accusing us of having an affair behind his back when he was exactly doing the same thing. He thought you and I were betrayals like him!"

"I don't understand a thing, what are you talking about Antonio?" I asked confusedly. This whole thing is getting really bad now and is affecting my head.

"Of course, he is talking nonsense, don't listen to him" Fernando replied in a bored tone.

"Your perfect husband has been cheating on you with another woman. Have a look at him kissing her" Antonio said and brought out his phone.

"What nonsense are you talking about? I never cheated on my wife even after our divorce!" Fernando tries to defend himself but it's too late because right now I'm staring at a picture of him and another woman kissing lips-to-lips.

I gave a shocking gasp and tears slipped their way to my eyes.

Fernando's POV

What is Antonio saying, how can he accuse me of kissing another woman? I watched as my wife... sorry my ex-wife stared down at the phone in her hands. She looks awestruck by what she was staring at. What the hell is Antonio showing her?

"Have you seen it for yourself Micaela? I guess you are dumbstruck like I was when I saw it".

"What are you two talking about? What are you both staring at?" I ask impatiently.

"Let me have a look" my mom requested and Antonio handed his phone to her. "Oh my God! Son?" she exclaimed and covers her mouth. She gazes up at me with wide eyes and I groaned frustratingly.

"What the fuck is in that phone you all are staring at that is making all of you act strangely?!" I growled at them.

My mom quietly showed me the screen of the phone from the short distance I was standing. I stared at the picture on the screen of the phone and all I was seeing was two people kissing.

I shrugged and asks, "Why are you guys worked up with the kissing photo? Do you know them?"

"I think you should have a closer look at it, son" my mom replied and extended the phone to me.

I took a few steps toward her and I collected the phone and stared at it more closely. "Holy crap!" I cussed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"This is not what you think it is" I continued and my gaze fell on my ex-wife. She was already in tears and she looked jaded. I felt so disheveled seeing her that way.

How do I explain what I was doing with this woman couple of minutes ago? Look at the trouble this woman has got me into. Who the hell took this photo of us when she kissed me a while ago?

"You painted me black, Fernando. You saw me as a curse to your life. You treated me like I had a very bad disease. You even accused me of having an affair with your best friend when I never did. Why? Just because I told you a hidden truth which we were both victims of thirteen years ago. I pleaded for you to forgive me since it wasn't a deliberate act but you didn't. You made me feel like I was the only imperfect and sinful being that has ever existed. But look at how life played you even when you thought you are the most perfect man on Earth" Micaela said in a croaked voice.

I reached out for her hand but she flinched and stepped back. "Is not what you think, mine. I never cheated on you, that picture you see is not real".

"You damn liar! How dare you stand there and lie to me in such a manner? You don't have a heart, Fernando! You are so callous!"

"Mine, you have to believe me!"

"Ha! Did you just call me mine for the second time? When last did you call me that? Antonio do you still remember when last he called me that?" she asks glancing at Antonio and I scowl at him.

He better not interferes with our conversation. "Stay out of this Antonio" I warned not giving him a chance to speak. "Micaela I can explain, I didn't kiss..."

"Save your damn explanations I don't need them! You made a fool out of me, I thought it was because of the rape incident that made you divorce me not knowing it's because you've found another woman that you love, no wonder you couldn't forgive me. No wonder you want to see me rot in jail so that you can go ahead and marry her. Why was I so blind and stupid not to think smartly?"

"Your thoughts are wrong. I don't even know that woman..."

"Yet you kissed her, didn't you? You didn't even kiss her in private but in a public place! That shows you accept her to be your woman that was why you two shared a kiss in public!"

"This is all a misunderstanding, that lady stole a kiss from me. I didn't kiss her, believe me, Micaela. I've never cheated on you with anyone".

"You disgust me, Fernando! You are such a betrayal! You are worse than I am, Fernando, far worse than me. Your sins are enough to cover mine if it was possible. I never want to set my eyes on you anymore, and as for the jail terms you want me to serve, bring it on I'll be waiting for you" she said scornfully and grabs her purse from the couch to leave.

"Micaela please don't leave, hear me out, would you?"

"Have you forgotten I was begging for the same thing a week and a half ago? I pleaded for you to hear me out and let's sort things out and let go of the past but you refused! You treated me like my sin can't be forgiven. You never gave me a chance to prove my innocence, Fernando. Look where fate brought you, you are now walking in my shoes. In life, what goes around comes around!"

She walked past me and headed for the door. I made a move to go after her, but I felt someone hold my arm. When I squint to my left, it was Antonio. "Don't. Don't go after her, let her be, for now. I'll talk to her and get back to you".

I nodded in response and he gave a slight bow and headed for the door. "Please watch over her for me" I called out behind him and he glanced back and nodded in response.

"Oh son, what have you done?" My mom cried out.

"Mom I swear I didn't do it, I didn't cheat on my wife. This is all a setup" I replied miserably.

I'm screwed, Micaela will never forgive me for this.

Antonio's POV

"Micaela please wait!" I called jogging my way after her.

"I don't want to talk to anyone right now!" she yelled back but refused to halt.

"Please, just hear me out, would you?" I pleaded and caught up with her pace. She halted and turnaround to look me in the eyes.

"What do you want to say, Antonio? Do you want to defend your best friend now or what? He sent you after me to clean up his mess huh?!"

"None of the above, just listen to me please".

"I don't want to be around here anymore I just want to leave. If you have something to say please make it fast".

"I understand you are really angry over the picture you saw but you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet. Maybe Fernando doesn't have anything to do with that woman" I tried to defend my friend even when I don't know the truth behind the whole story.

"Indeed?! Do you mean to tell me it's Photoshop work or what? Or was he tied up in that picture when the kissing took place? Help me understand what the hell was he doing kissing another woman?!"

"Maybe he...."

"Maybe nothing, Antonio! Don't you try to cover up for him because I know that's exactly what you are trying to do! I don't think we should be having this conversation right now. I've had enough already and can't stress my head anymore. I want to return to my lodge and pick up my bag. I want to leave this city before I lose my mind" she cuts me off mid-sentence.

"I guess nothing I say will convince you for now. How about I give you a ride to the hotel?"

"There is no need for that, I'll get a cab. Thank you" she replied spitefully and walked away from me.

"Micaela, you are sounding so aggressive like you are also mad at me, are you?" My question got her halting and she glances back at me.

"I'm not mad at you, I'm only mad at what is happening in my life. I just want to be alone for now. Goodbye Antonio, I guess we'll keep in touch when I'm in my right state of mind".

I nod in understanding and watched her leave. I returned inside the house to meet my best friend, he does have some explanations for me over this picture.

"Where is she?" Fernando and his mom asked in unison and I shook my head in response.

"I couldn't convince her to stay, I'm sorry".

"There is no need to apologize, it's not your fault she left" Fernando replied.

"Tell me, buddy, what happened? Why were you kissing that lady? That's unlike you, were you trying to get revenge on Micaela?"

"Of course not! No matter the fact that I was hurt to find out what Micaela did to me, I can never flirt with another woman just to piss her off. I'm not that kind of guy and you know it".

"Then where did this picture come from? Who is that lady?" His mom asks the question running through my mind.

"I don't know how I crossed paths with such a crazy woman, I only saw her an hour ago in front of my company and she stole a kiss from me. I never knew someone took a picture of us" Fernando explained and I furrowed at him in doubts.

"Really? I mean how is that possible? How can a lady who you don't know from anywhere steal a kiss from you and you allowed her to?" I threw the question at him and he glanced away.

Right then I knew he was lying, "there's something you are not telling us, Fernando" I continued.

"Why don't you believe me? You think I have anything to do with that woman?"

"You tell me because I don't know, it's hard for me to buy the first lie you told. Something tells me you are not telling me the truth".

"Who are you to question me? Do I look like I owe you any explanations? Get this straight, just because I am talking to you right now doesn't make us friends. My friendship with you is long over when you turned against me and took sides with my wife!"

"You mean to say, ex-wife?" I reminded him and his nostrils flared up in anger. He marched towards me and gripped my shirt collar. That got me choking up for breath.

"Don't you test my patience!" He sneers and I smirk in response. So, he still cares about Micaela despite all the hard moves he's been making.

"Fernando, stop. You are hurting him, what is wrong with you?" His mom scolded.

"This guy has gotten me pissed off, mom. All he does is get on my nerves and I'm fed up with him already. It was him who came running to my wife with those damn pictures! If he hadn't brought up with such a scandal, I'll be convincing Micaela right now to continue acting as my wife to fool the world. But no, he just screwed up everything I've planned! He deserves to die so I can have my peace!"

"Wh...at?" I choked out in disbelief. How can Fernando wish me death?

"Son, what are you saying? How can you say that to your best friend? How can you even think of playing games with Micaela after everything you've done to her?!"

"Mom, you should stay out of this, don't get involved I beg of you".

"Of course, I'll get involved, I'm your mother. First of all, you have to let go of Antonio, you are choking him that way!"

"Ple…ase let...go of me" I croaked and he stared into my eyes for a moment before releasing me from his grip. I gasp heavily trying to catch my breath.

"Leave now before I regret my actions," he said and I gazed up at him.

"You are asking me to leave?" I ask to be sure I'd heard right.

"I won't repeat myself. You can stay if you want but don't cross paths with me if not one of us will end up dead" he replied coldly and left to his room upstairs.

"Oh my child, I'm sorry for the way my son is acting towards you" his mom apologizes and hugs me. "I don't know what is going on with my son" she sobs to my chest and I hugged her and patted her back.

"It's okay mother, he'll get over it soon. He is just angry and upset over everything that's why he is like that. I'll talk to him when he is calm".

Hey diamond readers, hope you enjoyed this episode. Keep sliding for another interesting episode!

Love,
Maryel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

989K 28.4K 39
It was only suppose to be an arrangement... Vanessa Ford is gorgeous, beautiful and intelligent. Her quiet and uneventful life takes an unexpected tu...
1.3K 163 19
NOT AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE ROMANCE ✩"Where choices meet destiny ,a story unfolds."✩ _________________ ⋆ Vanya Arora ⋆ ⋅"If I want it, it's mine"⋅ 24...
171K 5.3K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...
98.5K 2.9K 51
I stared into his dark eyes and l saw a complete stranger. I couldn't recognise the person he had become. The eyes that once sparkled with unbridled...