The Apple Of My Eye

By mvnsonsz

The story name is inspired by Draco and the green apple of course 🙄. Y/n and Draco grew up next door to each... More

Introduction
Chapter Two: The Train
Chapter Three: First Night Back
Chapter Four: The First Full Day
Chapter Five: Best Friends
Chapter Six: Cedric Diggory
Chapter Seven: First Date
Chapter Eight: Slytherin Party
Chapter Nine: Hangover
Chapter Ten: 'Dump Him'
Chapter Eleven: Astronomy Tower
Chapter Twelve: Tease
Chapter Thirteen: The OWL's
Chapter Fourteen: Detention
Chapter Fifteen: Meant To Be
Chapter Sixteen: Thieves
Chapter Seventeen: The Final Exam
Chapter Eighteen: Letters to Mother
Chapter Nineteen: Our spot

Chapter One: A Summer Like No Other

884 32 25
By mvnsonsz

Tw: ⚠️a slight mention of blood⚠️

This was the summer. THE  summer.

You and Draco had so much fun.

Sleepovers every weekend, swimming trips in the huge lake behind your house and many trips to Diagon Alley to get your equipment for your 3rd year at Hogwarts.

You had a bond like no other.

No one understood you like Draco did. He was your best friend, your best friend forever.

But this year was different. Different from all the others.

This summer Draco was different.

It was a strange feeling. Subtle but strange.

The way his platinum blonde hair fell gently over his forehead, covering his beautiful grey eyes that you had always loved and admired.

Whenever you made eye contact you would always blush, as you had done since the age of 6.

But it wasn't just his eyes. When you went swimming in the lake all you could focus on was his torso.

The defined abs always caught your eye.

He caught you one time but just laughed it off. Even though you were completely mesmerised by him this summer, you weren't oblivious to his behaviour.

He was different. He teased you but not like before. It was almost like he was bullying you slightly. Of course, you two bantered all the time. But not like this.

He was more gentle with you. It was almost like he cared about you.

A lot.

Well, he did, of course, your mums were Bestfriends but he took extra care.

The day before the last day of summer:

One evening you both had an idea.

The greatest idea in a while. Draco suggested you both steal your dad's motorbike and go for a ride around the countryside where you lived.

Only your dad rode his motorbike so there was only one helmet. Draco insisted on you wearing it. You both argued over who was going to wear it, in the end, he grabbed it out of your hands, placed it on your head and flipped the visor down.

You giggled.

He took your hands in his and dragged you towards the motorbike and helped you get on.

"Hold onto my waist" Draco said.

You gently placed your hands around his waist.

He sighed, then grabbed your hands and connected them around his waist tighter as he was frightened you would fall off.

His rings dug into your hands. It hurt but you didn't mind, he was your best friend after all.

"Ouch" you hissed.

He got off the motorbike knelt down in front of you and examined your hands. "Shit. I'm so sorry y/n" he stammered as he traced his index finger gently along the back of your hand.

"Oo Draco Malfoy's gone soft. Never thought I'd see the day." You teased.

"Oh shut up y/n." He snapped.

He forced himself up off the ground and got back on the motorbike. He snatched your hands from behind him and placed them gently around his waist, taking caution, making sure he didn't hurt you again.

He put the key in the slot and turned it clockwise, started the engine and revved the bike to build speed.

Dark smoke was flying out the exhaust.

Draco placed his foot on the pedal and off you went.

You'd never really seen the countryside before, your mother and father always made you stay on the grounds between Malfoy Manor and your own.

The countryside was everything you dreamed of, it was even more beautiful than you imagined.

The sun was just setting when Draco decided to turn back.

You stopped him.

"Not yet" you demanded taking the keys from him running off into the field.

"Get back here Bloodmire. Right now." Draco ordered.

"Or what" you hissed.

"I'll tickle you" Draco smirked.

He knew you hated being tickled.

"You wouldn't dare" you jeered.

"Oh, I would." He said with a smug look on his face.

He started making his way slowly towards you. You took a few steps back to make distance so you could run if he got too close.

"Dementor Dementor" He gulped pointing upwards to the sky, his hands shaking.

You jerked your head up in worry.

He had tricked you.

Draco bolted towards you tackling you to the ground.

His hands made their way around your torso tickling you. You both couldn't stop laughing.

You were so happy, you wanted to be in this moment forever.

"Stop it Draco" you demanded through your laughter.

"Nuh uh, not until you say please" he chimed.

"Please, please I'll do anything" you screamed.

"Fine" he grunted his body making a loud thud beside you as he layed next to you.

It was getting dark. You gazed into the night sky. You loved astronomy. It was your favourite. You used to count the stars from your window.

But this was a whole new
perspective.

You lifted your arm and started pointing at each star, counting it in your head.

The two of you began naming each constellation.

He turned his head to look at you.

"You're so special y/n. I'm so glad you're my best friend. I don't know what I would do without you" he smiled.

You turned your head to look at him. You smiled at him. Draco put his arm out gesturing you to lay on his arm and snuggle into him.

Without realising, you both fell asleep, cuddled up next to each other.

The next morning:

You woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Draco was led beside you.

"SHIT, DRACO WAKE UP" you shouted as you shook him trying to wake him up.

"What, what's going on" he sleepily said rubbing his eyes.

"Oh fuck" he gulped as he looked down at his watch.

Draco grabbed your arm and dragged you towards your dad's motorbike. You stumbled over the large rock in front of you. You fell face-first into the grass. Draco turned back.

"Shit y/n are you okay" he said, his voice full of worry.

He knelt down in front of you. Your trousers were split. Blood was pouring out your knees.

"Come on let's go home" he said.

Draco carried you and placed you gently on your dad's motorbike and placed the helmet on your head. He hopped on, started the engine and drove you home.

Your dad was going to be furious. He never let anyone on his motorbike. It was forbidden.

It was only around 5 am and the sun had just started to come up.

When you got home, Draco parked the motorbike in the garage where you found it, took the helmet and placed it on the seat.

"Let's go and get you cleaned up" he suggested. You nodded and you both made your way inside.

You went upstairs to quickly change into some shorts.

After, you made your way downstairs and sat down on the couch by the burnt-out fire.

Draco was in the kitchen getting a wet cloth and some bandages.

"You okay love?" Draco asked.

"I think so, just stings a bit" you replied.

He applied the wet cloth to your knee and gently wiped the blood off your cut.

"Ouch Bloodmire, you really got yourself didn't you?" He chuckled. You nodded and smiled at him.

He wrapped the bandage around your knee and applied some tape to secure it.

"Done" he said patting your leg gently.

"Thank you" you smiled.

You both went to your room and sat on your couch by the window.

"Isn't it strange we're already starting our third year at Hogwarts tomorrow?" You asked.

"Yeah. I remember our first year. We were so clueless and tiny" he chuckled.

"We will be fine though won't we ?" Tears flooded your eyes.

"We will still see each other and be Bestfriends like we always have been ?" You asked sadly in a soft voice.

"What makes you say that? Of course we will" he smiled at you.

"I better go and pack for tomorrow" Draco said.

"Me too" you agreed.

Draco hugged you goodbye.

"See you tomorrow Bloodmire" he winked at you, closing the door behind him.

That wink gave you a weird feeling in your stomach. Almost like butterflies flying around. You'd never felt this before. It was so strange.

There was a knock at your door. It was your mother.

"Hello darling, I've just got your suitcase down from the attic ready for tomorrow" she says handing it to you.

"Thanks mum" you said.

You loved your suitcase. It was dark green with a black leather handle. It fit you perfectly as your Hogwarts house was Slytherin.

Green was your favourite colour and black, and blue, and yellow, and purple. Well, all the colours really.

As a child, you didn't want to leave them out as you didn't want to hurt their feelings. 

Everything was packed. You got your owl's cage out of your wardrobe.

At Hogwarts, everyone must have an animal for companionship. You chose an owl. Her name was Nilla. Short for vanilla after yours and Draco's favourite ice cream flavour.

Before you knew it, it was already time for bed. You blew out your candles and the fire was almost burnt out so you just let it stay lit.

You grabbed a book and started reading to get yourself to sleep.

You and Draco loved reading. In total, you both had about 523 books.

Obviously, you owned most of them. Romance was your favourite, but Draco wasn't a softie. He liked action, horror, all the gory "interesting" stuff.

He also liked the books he had to read for school. He was Professor Snape's favourite student as well as you.

Suddenly, your eyes closed and you drifted off into a deep sleep. Thinking about starting your third year of Hogwarts tomorrow. You were so excited.

A/n: oh my god. This chapter is my favourite. (even though I haven't written anything else yet but nvm) I'm so scared though because I don't feel like it's a lot of detail but I also feel like it's too much 😭 anyway I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and tell your friends!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 165 45
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. Little does she know, she is the daughter of the...
850K 28.5K 60
Draco is a Gryffindor. The second he got sorted his family disowned him, not a single Gryffindor trusts him. He goes through Hogwarts without anyone...
7K 145 21
Life in Hogwarts was not as easy as you thought it would be. You were a very welcomed Hufflepuff in your first year because of your parents' reputati...
53.5K 750 52
Y/n and Draco were best friends since diaper, they went to hogward together on their 3 year they got a letter from their parents. What are they gonna...