A Diamond Heart

By Maryel_73

A vow is a vow, it shouldn't be broken. But Fernando Perez broke a vow he made 13years ago never to fall in l... More

Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Epilogue

Episode 61

456 20 0
By Maryel_73

A
DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 61

The playlist for this chapter is 'Beth Crowley - Perfect Doesn't Last' do enjoy 🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV Cont'd

My divorce? The press knew of my divorce? But how? I thought it was a secret between my family, my attorney, and the judge. How did it get leaked out?

"Son, what happened?"

"The press now knows about my divorce and they want to know the reason behind it".

"Oh no!"

"Sir, so it's true?" Araceli's voice rang in my ears.

She just reminded me the call was still ongoing. By the way, what's her concern with my personal life?

Gritting my teeth I told her "do not let me pass my aggression on you if not you'll regret it! Now, go back to the press and tell them I'll be with them shortly". I growled and dropped the call thereafter.

"How did this information got leaked to the press?" My dad dared ask me.

"How the hell would I know?! Maybe is my ex-wife doing, she wants to screw me over before I do her!"

"C'mon Fernando, stop saying that. Micaela can never go to the press to screw you over. What reason or benefit comes from doing that to you?"

"Ha! You are yet again defending her?-" I inquired and his eyes darted. "Do you know my pain?" I ask and he glanced back at me and shook his head. "My pain is that you all don't know what that woman is capable of and it hurts so badly".

"Why do you speak badly of her? Why do you suddenly hate her so much? Why are you letting your past control your future?"

"Why do you care, huh? Just because I made you my adopted father doesn't mean you should meddle into my personal life!"

Pedro narrowed his gaze at me and his face twitched in horror. His transformation was out of this world. I've never seen him like this in all the years he's been working for me. He looked pained and disappointed by what I just said to him.

Maybe I did cross the line after all.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for my words to come this harsh" I apologized with my head bowed low in guilt.

No doubt I'm overly paranoid with all the drama happening in my life right now, and I think take it out on those around me.

"It's okay, you are right though, I'm not your father so there's no point in me wanting to know what concerns your personal life".

"I don't mean it that way, a lot has been happening in my life lately and I don't know who I can rely on since all of you seem to be supporting Micaela over me".

"I think we should forget that and focus on the press now. What are you going to do with the press? Are you going to admit your divorce to them?"

I sigh heavily and fiddle with my beards. "I don't know what to say to them so they can get off my marital affairs".

"The only way to get them off is to deny you are not divorced".

"What?!" Bitter bewilderment of tremulous apprehension took control of me.

He shrugs "That's the only way to get them off because if you accept you are both divorced they'll request for a reason behind your divorce and I don't think is something you want to share with the public. Or do you want to do that?"

I stared at him in awkward silence trying to process all he just said in my head. He is right, after all, denying my divorce story is the only way to get the press, social media, etc. off my private life.

"Such a brilliant idea. But how do I convince them Micaela and I are still together since she is far away from here? Because I know they won't stop digging for the truth".

"That's gonna be tough you know since you don't want her around you-" he paused and scratched his cheeks. I gave him a suspicious glare, "Except you are willing to convince her to play along with you to fool the world".

Absorbed in streams of thought of the outcome of such a lie, I shook my head. "No, no, no, no, I can't live under the same roof with her. I'll find a way to fix this myself. Let's get going, turnaround, we are going back to the hotel".

"Whatever you say, boss" he replied and switch on the ignition.

"Please father, don't pick offense with what I said earlier. I don't want you to start addressing me as your boss again. I'm sorry I offended you with my words, I still regard you as my father".

"It's okay son, I understand you, I hold no grudge against you" he flashed me a smile and tapped on my shoulder.

I breathe out relief and said, "You know what? I'm going to get another driver while I'll make you the CEO of my hotel company, that way you won't be seeing me as your boss but more of a son. Now it's going to be a father and son business".

"That's not necessary son, I'm okay with this job you gave me, you don't need to make me your CEO" he replied and made a U-turn to the city where my company is located.

"Whatever I say is definitive, and you know that. You are the new CEO of FERNAD'S HOTEL. So, get ready I'll educate you on all you need to know about how to handle the company".

"Thank you for counting me worthy to be your company CEO, you don't know how happy I am" he glance back briefly and flashed me a smile and I returned his smile and nodded at him.

***~~~***

Micaela's POV

"Thank you so much for believing in me, you just gave me a reason to keep living" I hugged her for a moment and we let go of each other.

"Promise you'll keep my grandchild and won't get rid of it?"

"I promise. You gave me a reason not to get rid of it so I'll keep this pregnancy until the due date". We both giggled and hugged each other again.

I feel so relieved to know that the only woman I've ever addressed as 'mom' after my mother died years ago does have a heart of gold. Explaining all that happened thirteen years ago opened her heart to love me more than she ever did before. I can't forget how hard she cried when I told her I got pregnant after the rape incident happened.

Surprise huh? Yeah, I found out I was pregnant a few weeks after the rape incident and that was the worst nightmare of my life. I was so frustrated that I almost took my own life if not for a lady at my workplace who noticed right on time before I did.

It was because of that lady I made it out of that hell I found myself then. You must be wondering what happened to the baby, well is a story for another day.

My phone rang making me jar out of my thoughts and I dig out my phone from my purse. It's Antonio, I guess he is worried of my safety. I picked up the call and placed it on my ear, "Hello Antonio, I know you called to check up on me. Don't worry I'm fine".

"Good to know, but that's not why I called. Have you visited the internet today?"

"No, why?"

"The world knows of your divorce!"

My eyes dilated with fear and my face stiffened. "What did you just say?"

"I said your divorce with Fernando is all over the internet. That's not the only thing though, Fernando is being interviewed by the press as I speak to you".

"What! No, that can't be. Tell me you are joking, Antonio" I pleaded in tears.

"I'm dead serious. If you are still at his house you should turn on the TV and see for yourself".

I couldn't wait to hear more from Antonio, I rushed to the TV and switch it on.

My head throbbed dangerously the instant I saw him on the TV. He was standing in front of his hotel smiling broadly at the press.

He is about to tell the whole world we divorced. And even more, he might tell them I am a rapist.

"Micaela what is going on?" his mom asks behind me and I slowly squint at her and my fingers pointed to the TV screen. Before I'll say, Jack, she has already rushed to pick up the TV remote control. She turns up the volume to our hearing.

"Mr. Fernando, we heard about your divorce from a trusted source. Is it true that you are divorced?" one of the press ladies asked and I stared at the man I loved ready to screw me to the world.

"Why didn't you tell us about your divorce with your wife? Why keep it a secret from the world?" another press guy asks.

"One question at a time guys! First I'll like to know where you guys got the information that my marriage is over".

"Mr. Fernando just tell us the truth, are you divorced like the news on the internet is spreading?" another lady asks.

I was almost choking on my breath.

"The answer is no, my wife and I are not divorced, we are still together. I don't know where this rumor is coming from. The only truth that is coming from no other person than me is that my marriage with Micaela Alvarado, my newly wedded wife is still very intact. Do not believe everything you see on the internet".

"Wh...at did he... just say?" I muttered in disbelief staring at the TV screen in shock.

"He just said you guys' marriage is still intact and that you were never divorced" his Mom answered beside me and I squint at her with wide eyes.

"This can't possibly be real" I mumbled and reached for a couch to lean on before I'll find myself on the floor again.

Fernando's POV

I hope my answer is enough to clear the divorce rumor that has gone viral on TV and the Internet.

"But Sir, sources said they've been seeing you alone since you came back from your honeymoon, can you please tell us why?" one of the press ladies asks stupidly.

What an annoying question! These press people are getting on my nerves and I don't like it one bit. "Where the hell did you get that from? And what is your business with my marriage? Get this clear, I'm a businessman and I go for business meetings alone to see my partners and clients most of the time. You don't expect me to tag my wife along for every business trip I go to!"

I chew on my jaw and impatiently listen to their murmurs. Okay, I think I've had enough of them already. "One piece of advice to you all, learn to focus on important matters in the country, not people's marriages or personal lives. Now if you'd excuse me, I have some important business to attend to" I gave a slight bow and walked away.

I signal my security guards to stop them from entering the company. Behind me, I could still hear them asking more questions and desperately looking for answers from me. It's a pity they are asking the wrong man.

"Wow! I didn't see that coming, I must confess you sounded so convincing!" My father exclaimed with smiles all over his face as we got inside my company.

"Lower your voice father, someone might be listening" I replied glancing around the hotel restaurant.

"Oh sorry, I forgot the walls have ears" he winks at me and I heave a sigh.

Damn! I didn't know I was such a good actor myself, look how I've been wasting my talent. By now I should have been one of the top Mexican actors, but I didn't discover my talent for acting until today. I just hope they believe me and get over that rumor already.

"Boss Fernando, why did you tell the press you and that woman are still together?" A feminine voice asks behind me and I was forced to halt. I turned to confirm if it was Araceli my hotel manager or one of those busybody media ladies that got inside my hotel.

Certainly, it was no other person but Araceli. I gritted my teeth to suppress my anger and scratched my forehead briefly.

Is this lady crazy or what? Why will she be asking me such a stupid question? My gaze bores on her and that got her to gaze down while she squirms on her feet.

"Is something wrong with you, Araceli? What is it to you if I'm divorced or still married? Is that why I hire you here, to be my watchdog?"

"I'm sorry Sir, is just...."

"One more word and you are fired! I'm warning you, Araceli, don't provoke me if not you won't like my action towards you. I don't like when people meddle in my personal life affairs. But if you know you are tired of your job here and you want to start working with those damn paparazzi outside then keep bugging me with silly questions!"

"I'm sorry Sir" she apologized nervously.

"Now return to your duty!"
She nodded shakily and scurries off to wherever she wants to be but not right where I am because I don't want to see her around me. "That woman is crazy, who does she think she is to be interrogating me? Has she forgotten I'm her boss?"

"Maybe she likes you and wants to shoot her shot after knowing you are now divorced" my father snorted and I twitched my face irritatingly.

"Not in this world or the one next to come would I ever be interested in her. She doesn't match my taste, let alone be compared to my wife...sorry I mean ex-wife" I bit my lip for making the mistake of mentioning her in our conversation.

"I see someone is still in love with a particular someone" my father teased and I rolled my eyes. "What are you going to do with your ex-wife when she finds out about your interview with the press?"

"Keep it low, father. C'mon, let's go to my office and talk about it". We both took the elevator to my office. "I don't know what explanation to give her when she finds out what I did" I continued when we got inside my office.

"You should know, you owe her an explanation. You can't just toil with her feelings that way, if you don't want her to spill it out to the press then you have to explain to her and convince her to cooperate with you".

"Are you trying to tell me I have to bring her back here to Madrid to live with me?"

"Do you have any other option?"

"C'mon father, this is way too difficult to comprehend. I mean the last time...or let's say a few hours ago when I met up with that woman, I told her...."

"Your wife is in Madrid?!" My father intruded mid-sentence.

"Was in Madrid, she must have left the city by now".

"Really? What was she doing here in Madrid? She came to see you?" he asked and waited for my response but I scratched my hair not knowing where to start from on the reason Micaela was here today. "Forget about my question, are you sure she has gone back?"

"She must have, I didn't give her a reason to stay though".

"Like how many hours ago did you two meet up?"

"I think roughly two hours ago or more" I answered in a bored tone. "Why are you asking by the way?"

"What if she hasn't left the city? What if her flight was delayed or something?"

"I can't tell. But what's the point?"

"The point is you have to talk to her and convince her to..."

"To act like we were still married?!" I completed it for him and he nods. "Are you serious, dad? Do you know what you are asking me to do?!"

"Okay, okay, do whatever you want then. I'm not going to offer my opinion to you anymore" he raised his hand in defeat.

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair thinking of what to do. My phone buzzed repeatedly on the table but I ignored it, right now is not the time for calls, I'm trying to think straight.

To be honest, I'm so confused right now, this whole divorce thing is beginning to hurt me and my business. If I don't do something about it things will get out of hand. There's a project in the mining sector I'm working on with some investors, the completion of that project will increase my net worth and open more business deals. If I dare mess it up because of some family issue, I'll be screwed forever.

"Aren't you going to answer the phone? Antonio is the one calling" my father said and my head snaps up to see him holding my phone.

"Antonio? Give me the phone" I requested and he handed me the phone. "Let me guess, you've watched the news isn't it?" I asked the second I picked up the call.

"What game are you playing, Fernando? What's all that rubbish you said on TV?"

"It is what you heard, bro. What? Don't you like the fact my wife and I are back together?"

"Fernando, I'll ask you one last time. Tell me, what the hell you are trying to do with Micaela?! Are you just toiling with the woman's feelings to save your name and business?"

"Hey, don't talk to me like that! I owe you no explanation, so stop asking for one. Where is your girlfriend? Has she gone back to Seoul?"

"What do you care? I asked you a question and you are trying to play smart, isn't it?"

"You're becoming so nosy of recent, I don't know you to be such a friend. That's by the way, tell me if Micaela Alvarado my ex-wife has gone back to her base, or do I have to beg you to give me an answer?"

"Nope, not at all. If it is in your best interest to know where she is then I'll tell you. Your ex-wife is in your house with your mother watching the lies you just told on TV. Now how does that sound?"

"Wait, what...was... that?" I stuttered.

"Micaela is at your home waiting for you to give her an explanation. Enjoy the rest of your day" he replied and hangs up the call.

My jaw dropped in disbelief and I was looking at my dad like a zombie. Micaela is still here in Madrid? In my house?

"Fernando? Are you okay? What happened?"

"It's Micaela".

"What happened to her?"

"She is still here in Madrid".

"That's great news then! You should call her and tell her...."

"She is in my home as I speak to you" I cut him off.

"Wow, isn't that fate bringing you two together once more?"

"Please don't start father, at least not right now. I'm still in shock with the news of Micaela being at home, I mean what the hell is she doing in my house with my mother?"

"You can as well ask her that when you see her" my dad replied calmly. He looks so calm with the whole situation while I'm here feeling so tense.

"Are you saying I should go home and meet up with her?"

"Were you planning something else in mind apart from that?"

"Oh damnit! You are answering me with questions father and I don't like it" I groaned distastefully.

"I'm sorry but I can't offer direct answers to you anymore because you don't value them and you think I'm saying the wrong things. So just do what your heart tells you, son".

I stared at him in silence for a moment and then I bow my head trying to think straight.

"I guess you are right, I have to return home. Perhaps I'll be able to reason with her and convince her to pretend everything is fine between us".

"Good luck with that".

"You'll stay back here and get familiar with the company. You can return home any time of your choice".

"Thank you for everything. Please be kind with your words towards that woman, if you need me just call me".

I nod in response and exited my office. I don't know why, but I feel so nervous and guilty I guess. If only one can read someone's mind, I'll like to know what her reaction would be when she sees me.

Would she tear my eyes out for what I did to her? Does she feel bad that I covered up our divorce case? Why do I worry so much about what she thinks anyways? She deserves anything that I do to her so let her face her fate.

"Hey, you watch it!" A lady snapped at me in the hallway of my hotel. I just got out of the elevator and I was seeing myself to the door when I collided with someone.

The thoughts of Micaela is the beginning of an accident. Look what just happened, if I wasn't thinking of her I wouldn't be colliding with this person.

"Sorry I....."

"You?!" she exclaimed cutting me off and I had to take a glance at her face.

"Me? What about me?" I shrugged wondering if she knew me before now.

"It was you who kissed me and walked away without saying anything to me!" she half-yells and I furrowed confusedly at her.

"What the hell are you talking about? And hey lower your voice because I don't want any attention right now".

"Ha! You are pretending not to know me now, aren't you?"

"Ma'am, I don't know you, okay? Maybe you are one of my customers here at my hotel and you've been seeing me around but I seriously don't know you. I can't know all my customers. I'd appreciate it if you don't pick offense and get over it. I have urgent matters to attend to, please excuse me".

I bow slightly and took a walk away from her and got out of the hotel.

"Hey, you stop right there!" I turn around to have a glimpse of the face, only to see the same lady has trailing behind me.

"What now, woman? I already apologized for colliding with you, what else do you want?"

"If you think I'm stupid and forgetful then I'm sorry to disappoint you I'm not that kind of lady! I do remember everything in my life that do happen to me! You were the same guy who stole a kiss from me on one fateful morning 3months ago at a park down the valley road. Your outfit for that day was grey jogger's pants and a black hoodie paired with a black sneaker. You had an EarPods on and it was like you just finished jogging and were catching your breath-" she glared disgustingly at me and took a step closer.

"I was trying to have a conversation with you but it looks like you were so horny that all you wanted to do was kiss me and sex me right there or no....you ran away like a scared little boy!" she blabs.

I went down memory lane and right there, it struck me. Like the universe was playing tricks on me right now, this lady is the last person I want to see in this world. I'd completely forgotten about this woman after the experiment I had with her a few days after Micaela and I shared a kiss. I kissed her then because I wasn't sure what love or feelings meant at that time.

Meeting her again today after how many months ago wasn't what I'd wished for at least not even today maybe some other day. Today is a bad day to come across her again, a lot of things have happened already and I don't have the strength to stand more dramas. Well, at least not after I must have explained to Micaela about that whole drama with the press which I'm very sure she'll be all dramatic when she sees me.

So, this lady should do me a favor and disappear from my presence right this minute. If possible, let her disappear from the surface of the earth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 1.2K 31
He's mean, tall, handsome and is a bossy man. But He's only searching for one thing.. And that's to settle down. He's thirty so why not? His taste i...
11.5K 307 32
a story how a young woman fell in love with a man through a forced marriage ••• Violet Rosé McQuoid, a 23 year old who dreamt to become a doctor to c...
111K 3K 38
"Not being able to fall in love even though you want it so bad." Lenna's life in college is almost finishing and she hoped for one thing in her life:...
991K 28.4K 39
It was only suppose to be an arrangement... Vanessa Ford is gorgeous, beautiful and intelligent. Her quiet and uneventful life takes an unexpected tu...