Untamed

By Haddassa

What would you do if the family you were adopted by was actually a family of werewolves, creatures you had be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chaper 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 58

295 26 3
By Haddassa

Chapter 58

I stared out the window at the crowded store fronts, shifting my phone nervously in my hands. I was hoping he would just call so I could avoid this entire ordeal, but Emily insisted on it.

I had left the hospital four days ago, with my arms full of pamphlets on pregnancy from the hospital. Emily also promised to help me read through a bunch of books she had check out from the library the next day. To add to it all I had to keep all these books and pamphlets hidden in my suitcase under my bed, and read it out in the woods or on the few rare occasions there was nobody home. I guess it was good my bed was at the end of the room, so I could easily sneak books and pamphlets into my bag.

To say I was overwhelmed was an understatement.

The first day back from the hospital didn't really go too well. After half a day of just moping around the home, while everyone was out at the swimming pool a few blocks over on the gorgeously warm summer day, I finally gave in and did what needed to be done. Well actually Emily kind of forced me to. She started up this whole mumbo jumbo explanation about how I needed to call Jace, because a father deserved to know about a baby he had conceived.

She had a point, but I stormed off into the kitchen where I found myself a snack. Well actually more like a huge ass sandwich with veggies and lunch meat. After half an hour of me glaring at the condensation on the outside of my lemonade glass, Emily joined me and made a cup of tea to help me relax.

I explained to her the gist of the situation between Jace and me. She coaxed me into calling Jace, reassuring me it would all be ok. That just wound up with getting his voicemail. So I texted him. Then I called again. I tried to call him every few hours throughout the next four days. By the end of it all I wound up filling up his voicemail.

So Emily resorted to this. We were currently driving to Jace's house. I was nervous as hell, but I could feel myself getting weak again, so I forced myself to do this. The hospital had helped give me back some of my strength, but not enough to help us survive if I waited much longer. I didn't want to risk having a miscarriage. Due to this it didn't take much convincing from Emily this time. I knew I had to put my feelings aside, for the life growing inside of me.

I wrung my hands together, since my phone was starting to get covered in sweat. Slowly the busy city streets started to morph into the wooded highway.

The butterflies in my stomach transformed into angry hornets.

How do you even break it to the guy who slept with you for power while he was in love with someone else, and accidentally created a child at the same time? "Wassup baby daddy?" He would probably run away as soon as he heard those words.

I remembered how he reacted with the little boy at the park. He admitted to being terrified of children. Hell, he looked like the child was going to explode. How would he be with his own child? What if he was a horrible father? Would he be too afraid of it? Ashamed? What if he wanted nothing to do with it? 

The hornets in my stomach twisted, and felt like bile in my throat.

"Pull over," I croaked.

"Are you ok?" Emily asked, shooting apprehensive glances my way.

I shook my head, breathing heavily, trying to keep it down.

Emily pulled over on the deserted highway. I shoved the car door open before the car even came to a stop, ran a few steps before falling to my knees, and threw up. I heard a door open and slam close over my retching. My hair was pulled away from my face, and tied up into a messy bun as Emily rubbed my back.

I leaned back on my heels, and gratefully took a tissue from Emily to wipe my mouth. After a few shaky breaths I stood up. Emily helped me up to my feet, and then led me to the car.

"Nervous?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "And mixed with morning sickness."

Emily gave me a sympathetic smile. She fished a water bottle from the back of her car, and handed it to me. I drank half the bottle in just a few quick gulps.

"Turn up at this graveled road," I said, pointing to the concealed road.

Emily turned, and the butterflies erupted again.

I was so absorbed in my needs to see Jace, that I completely forgot about the Steffen's guard that surrounded the forest on both sides of the road, until I saw sunshine reflect off a light brown coat of fur. I glanced at Emily to see if she noticed. Her eyes were still searching forward. I glanced back, and saw it flanking the car, barely concealed by the forest. I looked over to the other side and saw a sandy colored one running along that side of the car, slightly more concealed by the shadows and trees.

I turned on the radio, to split Emily's attention to even more things, so she would be less likely to notice the over sized wolves flanking us. Sure enough I saw more start to join as we got further along the twisting gravel road.

Would this mean they'd have a reason to finally attack me? They probably wouldn't even stop to ask why I was here, and would just enjoy finally killing me. I shouldn't have come. I should have just continued to call. But the tremors in my hands reminded me that I had almost lost my baby, because I had been too stubborn to see my mate.

I glanced over at Emily, and realized they wouldn't attack me as long as I didn't provoke them. I'm with an innocent human who knows nothing about werewolves existing anywhere other than in story books.

More wolves flanked us, and soon I could see the house coming into view. My stomach started to churn violently again, and for a moment I worried I would throw up again.

Emily pulled up beside the mansion in the woods.

"You ready?" She asked, eyeing the mansion.

I shook my head, but knew what had to be done. The wolves emerge from the forest in human form wearing t-shirts and shorts. They were all man ranging from late 20's- early 40's.

"Stay in the car, I need to do this on my own."

"Are you sure?" Emily asked, searching through the men.

"Yeah, don't worry," I reassured.

Emily smiled at me, and turned off the car. With a deep breath I left the safety of the car. As soon as I stepped out the men tensed, and came towards me. I met them halfway. They all surrounded me, and I suddenly felt my voice vanish.

"What do you think you are doing here?" Sneered a man.

He was the tallest of them all, with broad shoulders. He seemed to be in his mid 30's.

My voice stuck in my throat at the sight of the intimidating man. Besides, how was I supposed to tell them I wanted to speak with Jace without them assuming anything? Why hadn't I even considered that before I let Emily drag me all the way here.

"You aren't allowed here, so you better have a good reason," another man to the left sneered.

I opened my mouth, and it felt like sandpaper was coating it. I was unable to form a word, and suddenly regretted ever coming here. I could feel Emily staring at the back of my head, making me even more nervous.

I felt my legs barely able to hold myself up, and the shaking in my hands worsen as I continued to stand. It reminded me of what had to be done. Not for myself, as much for my baby.

"I need to speak with Jace," I said. Somehow it came out strongly.

Two of the men laughed at me, while the others started to growl.

"Why?" snapped the tallest man.

"I just need to tell him something," I said.

"Like hell you do, you little bitch. What are you up to?" the youngest of them all snapped at me.

"Hey! Do you think I want to? No I have to!" I yelled.

Raising my voice may not have been the best idea. Next thing that I knew they were all surrounding me. One grabbed my arm too tightly, to make sure I didn't escape.

I tried to pull out of the tight grip, but found it pointless when surrounded by so many men. Each one was talking, either to each other or to me. I wasn't too sure, because of how loud everything was. But one question did stick out.

"Why the hell do you need to talk to him?" Someone asked.

I opened my mouth to answer, but was suddenly yanked roughly by the grip on my arm.

"Get off me!" I yelled. In the distance I could hear Emily get out of the car.

"What do you think you are doing?" Emily asked. Her question went unnoticed as the men continued to ask me what I was doing. Who sent me? What I need to talk about with Jace?

It didn't calm down until a very familiar voice called out my name.

All the men turned to see who was running down the steps.

"Back off!" John yelled at the men. They parted, giving a clear path for him to reach me. I yanked my arm out of the grip, and stepped up to John.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I need to talk to him," I whispered.

"This isn't how I meant you should do it," he said.

"I know, but something came up that made it urgent."

"You need to leave," John said, eyeing the men behind me. "Now."

I looked around for some form of help, and saw a face watching the chaos going on down here from up in a window on the third floor. Hope blossomed in my chest when I saw Jace's expressionless face peering down at me. I felt my body strengthen just from our eyes meeting. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

Help me, I begged with my eyes. His eyes turned stony, and he shook his head. I felt all the fight drain out of me as the curtains closed. I felt my body drench itself in a cold chill, and my heart pound erratically in my chest as my face burned with tears. Everything felt numb, kind of like I was detached from my body.

"You need to leave," John whispered. His eyes darting between the window Jace had just occupied, to the men behind me.

I somehow managed to nod my head. I turned around, my eyes numbly watching the scene behind me. The men all watching me carefully, and Emily standing nearby.

John put his hand on my lower back, and helped me to the car. Emily got in, still glaring at the men who had cornered me.

John helped me into my seat, noting how defeated I looked.

"I'm sorry!" John whispered, as I buckled myself in.

I turned to face him, and gave him a watery smile.

"Can you..." I took a heaving breath to calm myself. "Can you tell him it's an emergency?"

John nodded, and closed the door.

Emily started driving away, and I broke into tears.

Hope u all enjoyed! Please let me know what u guys think!

Please Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 98.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...