MISSTEPS OF LOVE / Jikook Koo...

By ultim8JIMINatic

Jungkook stared deeply at Jimin's eyes, watched the tears flow from them, watching fervently how they run dow... More

1- Bewildered at First Sight
2 - Trouble The Day After
3- The Timely Opportunity
4- Hate at Second Sight
5- The Undeniable Infatuation
6- A Bullying Messed Up Day
7- The Uncertain Choice
8- Unexpected Call And Wishful Thinking
9- On The Road To (Un)Bliss?
10- Angel on Earth
11- A Clumsy Sweet Feeling (1)
12- A Blossoming And A Withering
13- A Sleepless, Clueless Rich Guy
14- The Men In Black
15- A Very Naked Friend
17- A Gift That Matches His Eyes
18- Cold Shoulders
19- Fighting Against Feelings 1
20- Fighting Against Feelings 2
21- A Friend's Heartbreak
22- Jealousy Brings Out The Worst
23- Another Unwanted Kiss
24- A Treasure In The Trash
25- Insincere Apology To A kind Guy
27- Valid Wedding Talks
28- Spying Revelation
29- The Hesitant Fiancé
29- Latenight Talks Between Lovesick Fools
30- Saying Sorry With Daisies
31- The Runaway Groom
32- A Blushing Friend With A Secret
33- The Running Man
34- Confessions and A New Friend
35- The Streetsweeper Wannabe
36-Convo In The Car
37-A Moment In Slow Mo
38- Trying Out The Bridal Carry
39- Apologies, Drumbeats and Realization
40- An Angel On His Bed
41- Couples' Night At The Jeons
42- Friendly Talk, Sad Story, Warm Hand
43- How To Undo A Bad First Kiss- Part 1
44- How To Undo A Bad First Kiss-Part 2
45- The Kiss-blocker And Late Morning Tête-à-tête
46- The Charm Bracelet
47- A Visitor At Three AM
48- Memories And A Choice
49- A Jeon At The Parks
50- Fine Love In The Spring Air
51- A Sneaky Employee
52- The Prince In His Heart
53- Netflix And Chill
54- Silver Lining In The Dark Clouds
55- The Unexpected Extras
56- Vulnerable Certainties
57- A Day of Truth And Lies Pt.1
58- A Day Of Truth And Lies Pt2
59- Two Scheming Sisters And A Furious Hyung
60- An Extraordinary Embrace
61- FIRED!
62-Chasing The Runaway (Pt1- Road Stories)
63- Chasing The Runaway Pt2.
64- A Promise of Forever

24- The Wedding Announcement

2.2K 189 21
By ultim8JIMINatic

Jungkook's eyes narrowed thoughtfully, observing his father's treatment towards the smaller. He was reminded of every past unusual behavior of his father when it concerned Jimin. He remembered the worried look on his face when he learned that it was Jimin who was involved in the scandal with him. He remembered his apparent fondness and obvious favoring towards the younger. And thought about the information of him personally funding Jimin's education, if it was indeed true.

It's like there are dots to be connected between them and he is afraid that if he will connect the dots, he wouldn't like the complete picture. He frowned. God forbid. Why is he even entertaining thoughts like these? May his father forgive him for he cannot seem to control every weird imagination that enters his mind. And isn't he being too much critical of Jimin? But why does Jimin really cause him to think and act outside of his usual fair-minded self?

"Are you sure? You do look pale, Jimin. If you are not up to it, I can cancel the announcement and you can go home to rest and we can always do another event when you are feeling better." Mr. Jeon further asked while he touched Jimin's right shoulder assuringly which didn't miss Jungkook's ever watchful eyes.

Jimin gave Mr. Jeon a very grateful and admiring gaze, and a much optimistic smile than earlier. It now reached his eyes because he was so touched with the senior's thoughtfulness and care towards him. "T-Thank you so much, Mr. Jeon. But I'm really fine."

Jungkook's nostrils started to flare up again and he can't control the unwelcoming tightening of his chest and jaw. His eyes squinted a bit. He inhaled deeply while a feeling of displeasure sets in.

He instinctively put his arm over Jimin's shoulders and pulled him closer to his side which caused Jimin to slightly twitch in surprise.

"I think we should proceed with the announcement dad. Let's not waste time. Let's get this over with so we can all go home and rest early.... So, let's go then, Jimin. Dad, you can go ahead. We'll take our seats and wait for you to call us in." He slid his hand down smoothly and settled it around Jimin's waist and grasped it to draw him tighter in his arm, which made Jimin shudder a bit and became awkwardly stiff. Jungkook then dragged Jimin with him to walk away and head at the round table near the platform.

The senior Jeon was surprised with his son's seemingly possessive action. How he freely touches Jimin like as if it was a his natural right. He doesn't know if he should be pleased that his son may have fully and happily accepted the idea of having Jimin as his husband, but should he be concerned that Jimin seemed bothered and not being too happy about it? He observed Jimin's obvious sad countenance and his stiff reaction. He has to talk about this with his son again.

**************

" Good evening everyone, esteemed guests, friends, ladies and gentlemen.  I, along with my son, are truly honored with your presence in this very significant occasion tonight. Indeed this is a night filled with congratulatory celebrations. As everyone already knows, one of the reasons for this glorious occasion is commemorating the success of Ju-Jeon Group's fresh venture into the cruise industry. But before this night ends, I would like to share with you another wonderful news that makes this night more special and momentous for the Jeon family. I did intend to make this as a last, special, surprise announcement because I wanted to save the best for last. So, friends and honored guests, I am very happy to tell you that my son, who I can proudly say, my only heir, my pride and joy and an epitome of the future leader of JungJeon Empire, JUNGKOOK has finally found the one! Therefore, I am happy to announce the upcoming marriage of Jungkook to a very wonderful and very beautiful, young man whom my family and I have learned to cherish and admire from the time Jungkook introduced him to us as the one he has chosen to be his life partner, MR. PARK JIMIN!"

The guests clapped with surprise, curious and excited expressions.

Mr. Jeon gestured for Jungkook and Jimin to come on the stage, a full, delighted smile on his face,  after he said his speech.

So the two walked together up the stage, with Jungkook sweetly holding Jimin's hand, showing nervous, demure smiles. Jimin, now and then looking down, after gazing warily at the clapping, seemingly cheerful guests in front of them.

Jungkook's gaze is unwavering and totally on Jimin. He felt and saw Jimin's uncertain and nervous reaction, that he squeezed Jimin's hand softly. Jimin looked at him and Jungkook flashed him  a genuine smile of encouragement.  In Jimin's mind, it was a false smile, a threatening smile in fact, brought about by the incident earlier of Jungkook's  merciless behavior, so his heart was racing even more with nervous tension.

Mr. Jeon, also noticed Jimin's discomfiture, that he again touched Jimin's back to ease his tension and smiled at him, which Jimin gratefully noticed and which somehow calmed his apprehensive heart a little. 

To ease Jimin more, Mr. Jeon, spoke again, "And as the head of the Jeon family and future father-in-law of my new son, Jimin, I ask all of you to please extend to him the love and respect you have always and repeatedly shown and given the Jeon family." Another round of applause sounded in that large, elegantly decorated hall. "So, prestigious guests and loyal friends, let us all wish them a happy future and a blessed union. I thank you all for coming and celebrating this engagement with us. Again, thank you."

There were happy and excited murmurs and more sound of hands clapping, when one mischievous, but good-humored, confident voice suggested, "Can the engaged couple indulge us with a sweet couple kiss?"

The other guests begun to chuckle and some youthful guests started to tap their glasses with a spoon and uttered in agreement. "Yes, Yes, kiss! Kiss! Show us a kiss between the beautiful couple!"

"Kiss him! Kiss him!" The young and even older guests teasingly pressed on while clinging their glasses.

"Ah! Wait, wait a minute ladies and gentlemen, this is not the actual marriage yet. We will save that for the wedding ceremony, yes?" Mr. Jeon said trying to save the two pretending couples who were presently both blushing furiously especially Jimin who seemed to have forgotten how to breathe. He starts to fidget with the hem of his dress jacket.

"Please indulge us. It will be a good parting gift to end the night. Show us a beautiful, romantic kiss, Jeon Jungkook. Kiss him! Kiss your Park Jimin!" The one who initiated the jestful request uttered in loud clear voice.

Of which Jungkook then decided to do, as he is not totally against it. He turned towards Jimin's uneasy frame and whispered to his ear. "We'll give them what they want. Just close your eyes. It will only be for a second."

Then Jungkook clasped Jimin's jaw gently with his one hand to lift his face slightly upwards. Then he leaned down and softly pressed his lips on Jimin's. Jimin belatedly closed his eyes.

The one second turned into longer than a few seconds as Jungkook couldn't seem to part his lips from the younger's sweet, delicious mouth. The crowd and the noise seemed to disappear and all Jungkook could feel is the wonderful beating of his heart and the wonderful, intoxicating sweetness of Jimin's mouth and his body close to him when he wound his arm tighter around Jimin's slim frame.

Jimin started to frown but he can't do anything but comply and cooperate. He almost got carried away though as Jungkook's kiss was exquisite and skillful, kissing him with enough gentleness, but  with sufficient possessiveness and  ardour.

But at the back of his mind is the awareness of everything, the place, the people, Mr. Jeon, his family, and Jeon Jungkook, who he knows is pretending and doing an act.

He almost shed a tear when Jungkook ended the kiss. It was bittersweet. He knew he shouldn't be infatuated anymore. He knew he should stop being foolish and hope for something more, for Jungkook to like him too. Because he knew it was all a lie, all a game, all was done for just a show, without any real feelings of care or love.

He was able to see his stepfather, mouth almost ripping with his over triumphant smile. Beside him, his Hobi hyung who seemed happy and must've been convinced about Jungkook's romantic feelings for his younger stepbrother.

But Jimin remembered every hurtful words that Jungkook uttered to him earlier and his heartless deed, disregarding his pleas and feelings. He looked at the floor again, with a faint, shy smile that he has to show, but kept the bitterness of his wounded heart inside.

And Jungkook was just looking at Jimin, breathless, his heart hammering furiously in his chest, unknowing of what he is feeling. All he knows is that he liked every feel the kiss has brought him, he liked the feel of Jimin on his skin, and he couldn't keep his eyes off his beautiful husband to be, always mesmerized by him, and how he yearns to see his joyful smile and his eyes sparkle with happiness but it seemed that they are not. And it was his fault. How can he make up for all the terrible things he'd done?

Jungkook sighed sadly inside filled, his heart filled with regret.

**********🐥❤🐰***********

I want to extend my deepest, heartfelt thanks to my new found friend in this orange app, co-Jimin biased and co-jikooker, who has kindly given her extra time and smart mind to help me with the writing of Mr. Jeon's speech/ announcement as I found myself at a lost on how to write a good one and finish this chapter. Thank you so much. I hope you can feel my big hug. 😘🤗💜.

How are we doing jikookers? Weren't we blessed with many Jikook moments in Memories of 2021?

Good vibes everyone.
Borahae.💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.2K 43
"Shh... I'll teach you.... I'll teach you to love me.... you will learn... you will learn to be mine..." She sat still on his lap accepting her fate...
42.7K 1.5K 17
"W-What are you doing, Y/N?" Jungkook stammered, an uneasy frown on his face. His gaze drifted to her plump lips, which seemed to utter beautiful but...
151K 11.6K 34
★Completed★ ★Short Story★ ★Forced Marriage★ -Description- __________________________________ ❝Where Park Jimin is forced to marry to Jeon Jungkook.❞ ...
137K 6.7K 33
My husband thought I was his roommate, together with our son. They had been married for five years. On the way to fetch his family from the park, he...