His Voice | Rise! Donnie x Fe...

By WritingRosette

Cross published on AO3. Set before the movie, since the book was created before the trailer was released. S... More

Midnight Gaming
A 'Little' Something
Pep Talk
Sleepover!
Akward......
How Do You Know My Name!?
Confrontation
Realization
REALITY?!
Bonding
Discovery
Confession And Gift Giving
Welcome To The Hidden City!
A/N
Better Reunions
Arrival
Let's Go Together
With Friends And Relatives
A Few Heartaches
A/N
No More Silence Please
A/N
Preparations
A Mishap
Arguments And Apologies
New Faces
A/N
Hangout Time
Game On
New Enemy
Troubles Back Home
Warning
Start Up
Some Other Voice
Comfort
Two Sided Story
Turtle Fam Bondingβ„’

Encounter

5.7K 209 409
By WritingRosette

April was right, her friend does indeed have special needs. I wouldn't wanna mock her, but her mental stability tempts me sometimes. Her focus is way out of range and her words are incoherent. She stutters a lot and she can't seem to think straight. So what do I feel? She is simply not in my league and yet something is pulling me back to her. What happened when I was in her room that day? What am I looking for? 

Surprisingly she is lightweight, has she not gotten her needed supplements? Did she skip a few meals? Her skin is pale, and cold. She was not feinting when she mentioned she has been losing her grip on reality. 

I do agree that sometimes dreams are far better than reality, but reality holds more positive potential than dreams. Sure, it is scary, but when you earn something nice, it stays with you. Dreams are merely fabricated memories, whether they are nice or bad. They'll leave imprints on your mind, making you think that it was real. 

It has always been simple to identify which is a dream and which is reality. But for her to slowly lose sight of that border is concerning. Maybe there is something I can do to help her get back to reality. Her base temperature has been shifting very often. She was ice cold when I found her, but now she's coffee warm. I meant as she's as warm as how my coffee is in the morning, I didn't mean any weird thing that could possibly suggest-

Shut up, Othello. What is it with you and ranting in your own brain? Snap out of it, you have a girl in your hands. Speaking of which, I should get her in as soon as possible. My hands are getting weary. 

"And in we go, there. Feeling better?"

She did not respond to me in word, she simply nodded her head. Perhaps she's not comfortable with me carrying her, so I'll lay her on the bed. She would need some rest, after all, she still has a human life. Something I could only dream of. 

But as I'm trying to lay her down, I caught a small glimpse on her face. She was red, perhaps she has a fever? Her temperature would suggest so, but that isn't the only symptoms. She would not look at me back, however. She keeps averting her eyes elsewhere, pretty rude if you ask me. Who am I to judge though? I do not understand human feelings. I'm merely a teenage mutant ninja turtle. Nothing more. 

I laid her down on the bed, when I noticed our position at the moment. God fucking dammit, why didn't I see that? It looks like she's my bride or something. I wouldn't go that fast. 

I dropped her on the bed, fuck formalities. And I stood further from the bed, approximately five meters away. She didn't deny anything, she just lied there. I guess she noticed first. For a person with great intelligence, you Donatello, have such a slow reaction pace. If I'd noticed sooner, she probably wouldn't be uncomfortable. And now silence echoes in the room, and tension grows between the two of us. 

What should I say? I'm the one who made the situation worse, I should take initiative. But what should I even say? Although my vocabulary is extensive, I couldn't find the words to explain or say anything. My anxiety is slowly creeping up on me, just when I look cool. I mean come on! I carried her bridal style, that's gotta look badass. And I didn't trip or drop her when we were on the ladder, props to you, Donatello. Oh, I was amazing! Imagine how Leo would feel when I tell him that-

"Sorry about the silence, I was just in shock I guess."

"I mean, being carried one-handed over a ladder can be scary."

I'm sorry, what? Wait, why are you saying the first things?! It was supposed to be me! I was supposed to be the man here, come on! 

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. Couldn't risk you tripping again."

"Yea, I'm very clumsy. Hope you can deal with that though."

"Oh, don't worry! I have clumsy brothers. I dealt with them everyday, you are merely a small fraction of the problems they caused."

"Wow, sounds like a lot."

"It is, and I'm confused sometimes on how we are even related. It feels like I'm the only intelligent person in the house."

"Oh yeah, where do you live anyway? I've had a dream where I went to the sewers, and I heard your voice! It was really funny, because April kinda jumped through the window and she-"

"That wasn't a dream."

"Huh?"

"You saw a big spiky figure, right? That was my brother, Raphael."

"Wait what?"

"The reason I was in your room that day was because I was told to get you back to your room."

"I was kinda scared that you might scream at me and make a ruckus because I'm a monster and that I'm-"

"What makes you think that?"

"What-"

"Shush, let me finish."

"What makes you think that I'll be scared of you? Does everyone you see say that?"

"I could see you in the corner of my room that day, and I think I made eye contact?"

"You did research on me, no? I'm not human. By your logic, I'm a monster too."

"We are technically the same. Half-human and half-yokai?"

"I am not a yokai, I was a real turtle before this happened."

"Well, let's say half-human and half-animal. My mother's an animal yokai, if you didn't notice."

"So we're the same by genetic traits. We aren't so different."

"Well, I didn't actually know when I first met you, so...."

"Well now you know."

"Why don't we start over? Get to know each other under better circumstances. Like right now."

"Right now?"

"Mhm! It's dark already so I have some time. That is, if you have some to spare. I don't wanna keep you here all night, and I definitely-"

"I think I'll stay."

"Really?! I mean- Ahem. That's wonderful."

"Heheh, let me just text my brother first. He'll get worried if I leave without notice."

"You didn't tell him before you left?"

"It was just supposed to be a short fly, but something caught my eye. So I decided to pay a visit."

"Oh, alright. Let me go downstairs first. I'll get some things for you."

And there she goes. Back at it again. I picked up my phone and started texting Raph. If I don't, then I'll be dead when I come back home. And they would start stealing my stuff for themselves. What brothers.

After texting, I decided to take a look around. I didn't come on great circumstances the first time and I couldn't really pay attention to the details. Her desk was filled with sticky notes and a pile of books on the side. Perhaps those are her study books? They look similar to April's, so it would seem so. The walls were covered in luminous stickers, just like Mikey's. They come in various shapes and sizes, from a star to planets. She also has a picture wall. I couldn't see it from here, so I decided to walk up to it. There were more mutants, or yokais in those pictures. They look similar to her mother, and some of those yokais have their father's traits. It seems like she's the only one with a normal human body. Her 'siblings' I suppose, are more to yokai than human. But it's only her and her parents in this house. Where are they? The landscape on these pictures are highlighted with saturated colors, were they in the Hidden City? That sounds like a plausible theory considering that they are yokais. There are also a lot of fami- Wait? Is that Big Mama?! What is she doing in their family picture?! Don't tell me that she is related to these gentle, kind, and caring people! That can't be possible! She's a hellspawn of a trickster! She's also a-

"Oh, another thing caught your eye?"

"Oh, yeah yeah. Sorry for snooping around. I was just curious."

"No worries, mi casa es su casa."

"That's a little too fast, isn't it? We've just met twice."

"A stranger is merely a friend you haven't met. I think it's alright."

"Do you let strangers into your house often? That is a safety risk."

"Meh, my house's enchanted. Think of bad intentions, and it'll eat you alive."

"I'm sorry, what?

"I'm kidding, it will send warnings to my mother. And she'll deal with the rest. It'll also warn me, that way I can run."

"Isn't that a little too much? I mean, you could just not invite them, y'know?"

"My mom wants me to make friends, so I don't know man. Her magic is really cool."

"I see. Can I ask another question?"

"Sure, go for it."

"Do you know Big Mama? Like I see her in your family pictures."

"Oh you know her?"

"Kinda."

"She's my aunt, she helps our family with the mystic stuff. She's cool I guess, her habits are questionable."

"I got my cloaking brooch from her. And other mythical things that I have."

"Your Aunt?! Oh ok."

"Yea, she rarely visits now. It's been a few years since I last saw her. She's probably busy with the hotel."

"She has her own life now, she doesn't have to worry about us."

"Wait, you've lost contact with her?"

"Yea, I think her contact line changed, but I never got the chance to ask for the new one."

"Oh, I see."

We sat down on her bed and continued talking. She has a lot of stories to tell involving her family and her abilities. We aren't so different, I figured. Sometimes, she also starts roaming the streets. She knows of mystic restaurants and clubs hidden in the walls. She's been to Mr. Boneman's diner too, surprisingly. She goes there to try and harness her mystic energy, to try and wield her family's legacy. But nothing has worked recently, she believes that she's just a normal human with a yokai family. The odd one out. 

But it wasn't like that. In the middle of one of our conversations, I decided to take a peak. I equipped my goggles and scanned her. Truth be told, there was a lot of mystic energy coursing through her blood, it's simply inactive. Whenever I see active mystic energy, they glow like flames, uncontrollable flames. While her energy is soft, and flowy, like liquid. She simply needs to find something to ignite that fuel. And I think I'd be willing to help. 

Although I'm not great with mystic stuff, I know a person who can help. But now I have to talk to him, and I'm not a big fan of his work. I'll do it for her though, maybe we can bond over this. Who knows, then I might actually call us friends. Yea, friends, nothing more. Just. Friends. 

*sigh*

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just thinking about a few things. You know, normal genius stuff."

"Anyways, let's get back to that story you were talking about. The one with your brother."

"Now that I think of it, I've never really known your brothers all that much. Of course, I've only heard of them through your logs."

"You wanna know about my brothers?"

"Yea, why not? I want to hear you speak."

"Well umm, I guess I could do that."

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

I don't know how long we talked for, but it was pleasant. I've never really had another friend to talk to besides April. And this was a nice change of pace. I enjoy this. I enjoy spending time with her. I like it. I like her? Wait, no, what am I saying? Do I like her? I mean, I'm spending time with her instead of my tech. I'm actually not doing tech, what is happening? I thought I love tech? Does that mean my attraction for her is stronger than the one I have for tech?? No! I love tech! Nothing will ever sit between me and my tech. 

Unless she wants to-

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, DONATELLO!? Are you mentally insane?! Tech is your life! It always goes first, even when-

But she's nice and sweet and-

No! She's a human! You said you hated humans! 

I can take my words back and-

NO! 

WHY THE FUCK AM I FIGHTING WITH MYSELF? WHAT IS GOING ON?! 

SHUT UP, OTHELLO. Things are changing from now on. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 2.2K 23
*This fic may have triggering subjects included, the chapter will have a TW* Reader has gender neutral pronouns :) You're like April's classmate from...
85.3K 2.2K 26
Rottmnt X reader β™‘ο½₯*:..q♑*゚¨゚゚ο½₯β™‘ο½₯*:..q♑*゚¨゚゚ο½₯β™‘ο½₯*:..q♑*゚ Calling you smart is an overstatement you played around alot,you do stupid shit no one dared...
377 5 17
Donnie is Non-Binary. That would normally be fine, but a new side of their life is starting to get in the way of coming out. This "new side" is named...