His Voice | Rise! Donnie x Fe...

By WritingRosette

Cross published on AO3. Set before the movie, since the book was created before the trailer was released. S... More

Midnight Gaming
A 'Little' Something
Sleepover!
Akward......
How Do You Know My Name!?
Confrontation
Realization
REALITY?!
Encounter
Bonding
Discovery
Confession And Gift Giving
Welcome To The Hidden City!
A/N
Better Reunions
Arrival
Let's Go Together
With Friends And Relatives
A Few Heartaches
A/N
No More Silence Please
A/N
Preparations
A Mishap
Arguments And Apologies
New Faces
A/N
Hangout Time
Game On
New Enemy
Troubles Back Home
Warning
Start Up
Some Other Voice
Comfort
Two Sided Story
Turtle Fam Bonding™

Pep Talk

7.4K 267 739
By WritingRosette

That voice.... 

That file....

It's the only thing that lingers now....

It's so soothing.... 

It's so charming.... 

It's stuck in my head.... 

Why do I keep hearing it...?

I'm laying on my bedside, phone on my hand, earphones on my sides. Why did I keep on listening to the log? It's not even present dates, it was from last month. But I can't stop listening. 

He sounds like an interesting person. He sounds smart too, most of his logs were talking about inventions. He is always making things in these logs. Is he a scientist? Inventor? He uses big words that even I don't know existed. Sometimes I even had to search it up. Sometimes, he explains what he was doing in detail. I'm never the learning person, but I feel like if he was teaching, I'd listen. 

It's almost time to wake up, I've been binging this 'recorded diary' all night. 

His voice is so soft and soothing, but it can sometimes sound harsh. Although I can't see him, I can feel his emotions through the recordings. Sometimes I heard weird noises, where ever he was, I can hear muffled laughter and music? April told me he had a brother, but it doesn't sound like one person. Does he have a big family? 

Whenever he's having a bad day, his voice would sound broken? He doesn't sound like a person who would cry, but who am I to tell? Sometimes I feel connected to him? Like I really want to comfort him, give him a hug, or maybe talk to him? 

I'm so confused. I keep asking myself these dumb questions about him, but I can't help myself. I'm getting so much mixed feelings now. How did I get myself into this?? 

One moment, I'm prying into April's secret 'friend', and now I'm getting confused over my own feeling!? He's just a voice goddammit!! Why am I like this...... 

I don't wanna ask April for help, what would she say about ME? 'Oh Y/N, you fell for him without even ever looking at him?! Silly you!' Ugh..... I hate my heart so much...... 

I need to break this habit.... But I'm really close to finishing the log.... But I can't keep messing my heart..... But it's so interesting..... 

"UGH! I HATE THIS!!"

oops, shouldn't have shouted... Now I'm pulling attention to myself. I can hear footsteps, aw man. I think mom or dad might've heard me. 

"Honey, are you ok? I heard you scream."

"Yes dad, I'm fine, I'm just not feeling okay."

"You wanna talk to your old man about it?"

"It's ok dad, it's just feelings."

"I've had feeling too, honey. C'mon, open the door. We can talk about it."

Dad is such a sweet man, no wonder mom married him. He's always willing to help, but he wouldn't understand what I'm going through. This is a teenager things, not an adult's things. 

....

But he would know, wouldn't he? He's gone through a lot too. Maybe... 

....

.....

......

......I think I can talk to dad. 

I stood up, dusted my clothes a little bit and I walked up to the door. I unlocked it and slowly opened it. Dad's still standing there. The door's opened wide enough for a peak. 

"C'mon sunshine, I can see. I have good eyes, you know?"

*sigh*

I opened the door fully to let dad in. He sat on my dad and I sat next to him. I don't feel like my emotions are important to him in any way, but I need to talk to someone about it. Won't talk to April, she'll make fun of me.

"Took you awhile, what's in your mind? You said something about feelings?"

"It's...... Kinda complicated..... I don't know how to say it."

"It's alright, take your time. You can't bottle up your feelings forever."

"What if I do?"

"You'll explode! And I will NOT clean the mess up. Oh, how devastated your mother would be."

"I won't explode! That's not even scientifically possible!"

"You don't know that. What if we can?"

"We won't!"

We both laughed. Dad's always great at lighting up the mood. If he had a franchise, he would definitely be my comfort character. The laughter died out after a while. And dad repeated his question. I bet he's feeling anticipated right now, hehe. 

"What if....... Hypothetically..... I like someone?"

"You like someone?"

"I know, I know. I'm not old enough to be looking for a-"

"I didn't say anything."

"...."

"You know.... I fell in love with your mother when I was 16. Took a lot of self preparing to finally ask her out. You're still young, Y/N. You can always take your time."

"...."

"And she wasn't the first. Had a couple breakups before her. Took me most of my time self reflecting. I rushed my two previous ones, and well you know the drill."

"dad...?"

"Oh right, sorry. Got a little caught up there. Go ahead, sweetie."

"Yea, so I like someone. But, I don't know how they look, neither do I know them. I've only heard their voice?"

"No pictures? How do you know the guy then?"

"He's a friend of April's. She was the one that sent me the audio."

"There's an audio? Let me hear it."

"N-no! That's unnecessary!"

'I have to hide my phone! Umm, where do I put it?! Under the bed!'

I didn't want dad to know, that would be beyond embarrassing. So I threw it under my dad, but thanks to my awful aim, it didn't go fully under. I think dad noticed because he tilted his head and looked at the side of the bed. Why am I so stupid?! Dad has great hearing! 

"Oh, seems like you dropped your phone, hun. Hey this is where you kept the audio, right? Let me have a listen."

"T-that's not n-necessary….."

"Oh don't be shy, honey. Dad won't judge. "

"........."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I can't say no to dad.....

*sigh*

I inputed my password and opened my phone password. Dad respects my privacy, so he closed his eyes as I typed it in. I've listened to most of the files, and I found a file that I haven't listened too. A lot of the audios before this had such an odd topic that I can't show to dad. Although I'm spinning the wheel, this had ought to be atleast a normal audio. I plugged in my earphones and handed one to dad. He placed it in his right ear and I took the left. I clicked play and the audio started. I don't know anything about this one, but let's hope luck is on sidd today. 

"This is Othello von Ryan, data log number 739 on the fifth of June."

"I've recently made an outbreak on my automatic pizza topper. I've found a way to precisely place the exact amount of toppings in a perfect rounded perimeter for each slices."

"It's very useful, because Leo always put more toppings on one side that he would call 'dibs' on."

"Greedy…"

"The results were so elegant, I almost burst into tear. /j"

"Mikey even quote on quote said it was the bomb."

"Leo thinks it's stupid, but he doesn't even understand symmetry nor the golden ratio. He's simply coping because his scheme is foiled by the one and only!"

"Raph finds it very efficient, due to the fact that his caloric intake is three times larger than the normal human body would need."

"And dad finds it cheap."

"That's the end for today's log. Nothing else to report. Hopefully, something interesting would jump into my life......."

"This is Othello von Ryan, signing off."

*end*

....

.....

"That's your type?"

"D-dad?"

"Just asking. I don't think it's an issue."

"..."

"But maybe, don't keep it to yourself. You'll get your expectations high only to be crushed when you actually meet him."

"He's April's friend, right? Ask her about meeting him."

"You'll find yourself either liking him more or entirely ruining your feelings for him."

"..."

"Welp, that's all your ol'man can offer. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta date with your mother."

"Dad......"

"I gotta keep her happy somehow. Anyway, take care of the house, k?"

"Ok, I'll lock the door behind you."

"Thanks sweetie."

.

..

Mom and dad left the house, I gotta take care of it as usual. But dad was right, I can't just fantasize. Maybe….. I'll ask April tomorrow. Oh boy, gotta prepare my heart for a breakdown..........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 542 9
[ One day in Donatello's lab, a triangular portal opens up from an unknown object- and a few familiar faces fall from it ] Bolded name are 2012 turtl...
16.9K 735 47
so, one day i was thinking about something unrelated to tmnt and suddenly, this wonderful idea of an megamind story with donnie. this is that. this i...
26K 498 21
2012!donnie x fem!reader. DONT EVEN READ THIS BOOK ITS HORRIBLE. ‼️ - huge disclaimer that this book was made in 2019! i have greatly improved on my...
3.9K 229 35
{ tmnt 2016 version } Published: August, 12, 2017 Donatello's family send him to go to a vacation sense he would not take care of himself with a...