Deadly Promise

By ninja24-creed

Seraphina Cross is an Original Heretic. She was turned with the Mikaelson's and travelled with them for years... More

Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Chapter 24
Ch 25

Ch 7

4 0 0
By ninja24-creed

Disclaimer: I do not own The Vampire Dairies. All rights go to the owner. 

~Flashback~

        Seraphina was at the Salvatore Boarding house. She was discussing some Founders things with the Salvatore's. Suddenly, they were stopped by rustling outside. They all walked out to see a carriage pulling up. A guy walked around and put some steps down. The door opened and a girl stepped out. Seraphina recognized her. It was Katherine Pierce.

~Back to the present day~

        "What are you?" Elena asked. She sounded scared and angry. Seraphina walked out from behind him. Elena looked at her.

        "Seraphina, what is going on!" she yelled. Stefan walked outside to try and calm her down.

        "I'm a vampire Elena," He said. Seraphina heard her heart skip. She sped outside and stayed back always from her. Trying to not make her scared.

        "And you? What are you? A vampire as well?" She asked Seraphina. Tears falling from her eyes.

         "I'm a heretic. Part witch, part vampire," She told her. Elena shook her head and tried running to her car when Stefan stopped her.

         "No! Get away from me!" She yelled.

         "Please Elena, let me explain," He said. Seraphina sped and pushed Stefan against the house. Elena looked at her with confused eyes.

         "Elena, I'm not going to force you to do anything. If you want to leave, then leave. It's your choice," She said. Stefan struggled against her. Elena got in her car and sped away. Seraphina released Stefan and he was gone. She shook her head and walked back inside. She looked around and Damon was gone as well.

        "Well, great," she said and poured herself some Bourbon and sat on the couch. She didn't know where Damon was and she already knew Stefan was going to Elena. At this point they were both being reckless and she didn't care anymore. She's saved their asses on plenty occasions that this time, they could find their way out of it.

          When she realized no one was coming home she got in her car and went back to her house. She wasn't going to wait around for them and listen to them complain. She walked into her house and changed her clothes. She had a long day and was tired. She went to lay down and the minute she laid on the bed, loud knocking was heard at her door.

        "Damn it," she said and mustered up everything she had to go downstairs. She could hear the rapid beating of a heart coming from outside her door. She knitted her eyebrows together and looked out the peephole to see Elena. She opened the door to see she was crying and was slightly frantic.

        "Elena? What's going on? What's wrong?" She asked her. It looked like she had something to say but couldn't get it out.

         "You should talk to Stefan about this. Whatever is going through your head right now, you need to talk to him," she said.

         "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked her. Seraphina looked at her with confusion.

         "What?" She asked. Elena looked at her in anger.

         "Why didn't you tell me what you were? And why did Stefan keep this from me?" She asked. Seraphina could see the hurt and sadness in her face.

        "I didn't tell Stefan to keep it from you. On the contrary I told him to tell you but he didn't want this to happen. He wants you to trust him," she explained. A tear slipped from Elena's eye.

         "Even though Stefan hasn't done anything to hurt me, there's so much he kept from me that I don't know if I can trust him," she said. Seraphina nodded.

        "I know. But trust comes with time. Give him a chance," she said. Elena looked down.

         "Is that why you told me to be careful who I invited in?" She asked.

        "Yes. Vampires can only come in if invited. So just be careful," she said.

        "But I invited you in. How do I know you won't hurt me?" Elena asked. Seraphina sighed.

        "I have no reason to. But I will tell you one thing. If you try to hurt me or the ones I love, I will make your life a living hell until you die. Just remember that," she said. Elena had a look of worry flash across her face. She nodded quickly in understanding.

         "Just talk to Stefan. Please. He'll explain everything you need to know," she said. Elena nodded and walked away to her car. Seraphina shut her door and leaned against it. She didn't need this drama. She tried to stay out of it for 162 years and somehow, one way or another, the Salvatore's always seemed to drag her into it. She hated this. She thought about packing up and moving out.

        She waited at her door for a good 20 minutes until she knew no one else was going to be showing up. She finally got up and walked up her stairs. She laid down and got comfortable. She tried to sleep but images kept flashing in her mind. Images of the people she loved. They came in flashes and it got to the point where she couldn't sleep. She got up and begrudgingly walked downstairs into her kitchen. She made herself coffee and grabbed a book from her shelf. She went and sat on her couch and looked through it. Flipping through the pages she recognized all the spells she wrote. Some were made for people who needed them and some were for herself. She had thousands of Grimoires. Some she wrote herself. Some she had acquired over the years from witches who were old and could no longer practice and some who were dead. She wasn't looking for any spell in particular but one caught her eye. It was the spell that sealed all the vampires in the tomb. She looked through it and analyzed the spell she wrote for Emily.

         "So this is the spell Damon was going to have me cast," She said to herself. She looked around and shut the book. She needed to hide the Grimoire or Damon would force her to do it. She couldn't let Damon know she had it. The original copy of it. She didn't know if Emily kept the spell or not. So just to be on the safe side, she hid it in a cedar chest she had in the basement and cast a spell on it, so only she could open it. When she returned upstairs she noticed the sun was starting to come up. She sighed and sat back on the couch. She drank some more of her coffee and she felt a presence outside her door. She looked at it and waited for the knock.

        "Sera! I know you're in there so open the door!" Damon yelled from outside. She sighed and shook her hand. Wiping her face with her hand and walking towards her door. She opened it and saw him standing there with a smirk.

        "Can I help you Damon?" She asked him. He went to step in the door but couldn't. He looked at her with doe eyes and pouted out his lip.

         "Come in," She said with a sigh and walked back into her living room. He smiled and walked in, shutting the door.

         "So, I may have done something," He said, pouring himself Bourbon. She looked at him with annoyed eyes.

        "Was it bad?" She asked. She then put a hand up to stop him.

         "Nope, my bad. It was something bad or else you wouldn't be here. So, spit it out. What was it?" She asked. He downed his drink and looked at her.

         "I may have turned Vicki," He said. Her eyes widened. She stood up and sped to him, punching him in the gut so hard he flew and hit the wall. He fell to the ground with a thud and groaned, holding his stomach.

        "Ow! Damn it," He said and propped himself up. She walked over to him and picked him up by his shirt, propping him against the wall.

         "What the hell were you thinking! What are you trying to prove Damon? That you're the big bad evil brother that can't be saved or stopped? We are in a town full of people that want to kill us and this is what you do to try and stay under the radar?" She yelled at him. With each sentence pushing him harder into the wall. He lightly grabbed her wrists.

         "Sera, I'm coming to you to help me fix it," He whispered. She dropped him and paced around the room, running her hands through her hair.

        "Fucking idiot," She said. She put her hands on her hips and looked down. She heard Damon behind her shifting. She could tell he was nervous.

          "I know. I didn't think it would be a problem but-" Seraphina cut him off and turned to him.

         "She's a drug addict that has an attitude worse than you. She will rip people apart and not think twice about it. She is unstable and can't be trained or stopped. The only way to stop her, is to kill her," She said. Damon looked down. She sensed his guilt. He couldn't hide his emotions from her. To everyone else he may look like he had no emotions or didn't care.

          "I know, but Stefan thinks he can help her," He said. She shook her head and scoffed.

          "Really? The one that went insane in the 20s and killed hundreds of people? Sure, we'll see," She said.

          "Wow, tell me how you really feel Sera," He said. She was so angry she could feel the veins under her eyes show. Her eyes were blood red and fangs were very prominent. She looked at Damon and she heard his breath catch.

         "You know, if it were under any other circumstances I would say you look hot. But I can sense you want to rip my throat out right now," He said. She calmed her emotions down and it went away.

          "Don't try to compliment me Damon. I'm getting dressed and I'm going to deal with this," She said and walked to her room. She found a pair of black ripped jeans and a gray loose crop top. She slipped on her boots and walked back downstairs. Damon was still standing in the same spot. She grabbed her keys and looked at him.

         "Where is she?" She asked. She motioned for him to follow her and he did.

          "I'm assuming she's at Elena's house with Jeremy," He said. She muttered out a 'great' and got in the car with Damon, speeding to Elena's house. She walked up and knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal a terrified and upset Elena.

         "He can't come in. He did this to her," she said glaring at Damon.

         "I know, I know. I'm here to help in any way I can," She said. Elena looked at her. She was hesitant but nodded her head. She walked in and walked into the kitchen where she found Stefan, Jeremy and a very broken down Vicki wearing sunglasses. She was eating everything in sight.

        "What are you doing here?" He asked her. She looked between Vicki and Jeremy.

        "I'm here to help," She said. Stefan glared at her.

         "Oh yeah? And how are you here to help? Make sarcastic remarks?" Stefan asked her. She glared at him.

         "Jeremy, take her up to your room and keep her there. Shut the curtains and try to keep her calm," She said. Jeremy nodded his head and took her upstairs. They waited until they were both upstairs and out of hearing range.

         "You know what we have to do Stefan," She said. Stefan knitted his eyebrows together.

         "What? Stake her? Hell no, I can help her Seraphina," He said in an angered tone. Elena looked between them.

         "We can't kill her. That's Matt's sister. He would be traumatized," Elena said. Seraphina sat Elena down.

         "Listen, some people who transition are not able to handle living like this. Vicki is a drug addict and her emotions are heightened and all over the place. If we don't she will kill someone and keep killing until she is stopped and I have a gut feeling with how close she is to Jeremy, she will try to kill him," She explained to her. Tears started to well up in Elena's eyes.

         "No, no there has to be another way," She said, looking at Stefan.

          "I agree, I can train her. I can help her transition and live like I do," He said. Seraphina shook her head.

         "I can't. To know she is so unstable she will kill someone and in a town of people who want to, oh I don't know, kill us. It will be traced back to Damon and to you. You guys will be killed and they won't blink an eye doing it," She said.

         "See, helping by being sarcastic," He said. Seraphina sighed and stood up.

         "Fine, do what you want with her. But if she kills someone, do not ask me for help," She said. She went to walk to the door but Elena stopped her.

         "Wait, you helped Damon and Stefan transition. Why won't you help now?"She asked her. Seraphina looked at Stefan.

          "I tried to help them transition. You see how they turned out? Damon who kills people for fun and pleasure and one that can't have a drop of human blood or-" She was cut off.

        "I think we get the point you're trying to make," Stefan said. She looked at him in confusion.

        "You didn't tell her about that part of you, did you?" She asked. Stefan just stared at her. She scoffed with a smile.

         "She already knows. Don't keep more secrets from her," She said and walked out the door. She walked to her car where Damon was leaning against it.

         "Hey for the record, I think I turned out just fine," He said, opening the door. She waved her hand and Damon went flying away from the car.

         "Walk home. I don't want to talk to you two right now," She said and got in the car. She drove to the grill and walked up to the bar. She paid for her drink and sat there. She didn't know where this was going to go. She almost didn't want to be here to find out.

         She took a sip of her Whiskey when someone walked up to her. She turned to see the sheriff.

         "Are you Seraphina Cross?" The sheriff asked. She looked up at her and sat her drink down.

         "Yes? And you are?" She asked with suspicion. The sheriff leaned down to her.

         "I'm Liz Forbes. I know you come from the founding families. Damon told me. There's a council meeting tonight if you want to come," She said. Seraphina just looked at her.

          "Um, Liz, can I call you Liz?" She asked. She nodded and Seraphina continued.

         "I don't know what this council meeting is about but, I don't think you want me on that council," She said. Liz looked at her with confusion.

         "All founding families had a journal. Do you have one?" She asked.

         "Is this about the Vampire problem?" She asked, taking another sip of Whiskey.

         "It is. We need help from all Founding families to keep this contained," she said. Seraphina stood up and turned to Liz.

         "I don't want any part of it. Please, just, leave me out of it," She said. Liz looked shocked but let her walk away. She didn't want to be in the middle of this. But she also couldn't just leave. She had a feeling something was going to happen, but she couldn't tell what it was. She got back into her car and drove home. She needed to get a hold of herself. She was having weird dreams and she needed to analyze them. Anytime she had dreams like this, something happened. When she got home she went and laid down on the couch.

         She closed her eyes and tried to keep herself calm. She relaxed her mind and her body, letting the visions come to her. As she did this, she slipped into sleep. Into a vision. She just needed to wait until she woke up to know what was going to happen. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 752 31
Caroline's life is perfect. Perfect boyfriend. Perfect friends. Perfect family... Well maybe that's the one thing that's not perfect. One day when Kl...
61K 1.3K 15
Elena is having a hard year and everything just got harder. Caroline and Stefan got together and left on a trip, Jeremy went to Denver to get away fr...
15.6K 326 14
The Morningstar family is making their way to Mystic Falls with the Mikaelsons not far behind. Darrold Morningstar has found his mate, the newly turn...
337K 7.9K 19
"There was once another Mikaelson, and she was adored, bold, brave, too sarcastic for her own good, and, undoubtedly, the sibling to be most fond of...