More Than Just That

By MhayaRy

Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened... More

Proluge
Dedication
Chapter 1 :Sparks
Chapter 2 : Why Me?
Chapter 3: Waves
Chapter 4: He Noticed
Chapter 5 : Life Saver
Chapter 6 :Jock
Chapter 7 :Dating
Chapter 8: Kiss
Chapter 9 : Playful Kiss
Chapter 10 : Soul Sisters
Chapter 11 : The Truth Gets Out
Chapter 12 : Main Lady
Chapter 13 : Period Troubles
SPECIAL THANKS
Chapter 14 : In Deep Shit
Chapter 15 : The Untangled Web
Chapter 16 : Bring It On
Chapter 17 : Party Crasher
Chapter 18 : Triggered
Chapter 19 : The Breakup Fiasco
Chapter 20 : A Confession?
Chapter 21 : A Proposal
Chapter 22 : Picture Perfect
Chapter 23 : Holiday Affairs
Chapter 24 : Lost Soul
Chapter 25 : Three Bottles Of Poison
Chapter 26 : Secrets
Chapter 27 : Heart burns
Chapter 28 : Limits
Chapter 29 : Blushes and laughter
Chapter 30 : Turn it up
Chapter 31 : Jabel
Chapter 32 : Pity Case
Chapter 33 : Risky
Chapter 34 : Accidents
Chapter 35 : Anonymous Texts
Chapter 37 : Birthday Blues
Chapter 38 : Touches and Boners
Chapter 39 : Dad Rules
Chapter 40 : Levelled up
Chapter 41 : Druggies And Secrets
Chapter 42 : Wine and Broken Bottles
Chapter 43 : Amendments
Chapter 44 : Acts Out
Chapter 45 : Coupled Up, Finally!
Chapter 46 : Kiss me already!
Chapter 47 : Date Night
Chapter 48 : Mutual Understanding
Chapter 49 : Sweet and Sour
Chapter 50 : Exes and Secrets
Chapter 51 : Reasons To

Chapter 36 : Strangers and Stalkers

45 10 0
By MhayaRy

I arrived at Pizza Hut at exactly fifteen minutes past twelve, surprised to see Martin seated already.Time conscious wasn't he?

He had a bored expression on his face but this cleared when he sighted me and his face contorted into something else, something sinister.
A cold wave ran through my body and I pulled my peach leather jacket tighter over myself.I was wearing a pair of black jeans and a light pink body hugging cropped shirt.I ended my dressing by pulling my hair into a pony tail.

I gave a determined sigh and walked up to his table,my knuckles turning a terrible white,I desperately wanted to punch him.

"I'm giving you a minute and a half , talk."I said dryly glancing at my phone screen to check the time.I didn't even bother to  take a seat.I had no intention of spending as far as five minutes with that boy.

He gave a belly laugh and eyed me up and down.His poisonous eyes scanned each part of my body lustfully.I visibly felt unclothed under his scrutiny sending nasty chills through me.

Perverted creep.

"You'd better sit down Tasty ,and listen clearly to whatever I have to tell you.We wouldn't want you falling down with euphoria."He advised.

I reluctantly slipped on the seat and raised an eyebrow at him.Ignoring that action of mine,he signalled to  a waiter and she came rushing to the table.He whispered some stuff to her and she left as fast as she came.

"You smoking Tasty.But you know , you would have looked far better without your clothes on."He smirked.

My face burned in disgust,my cheeks developing a deadly crimson.

"If you've got nothing to say, excuse me you dumb fuck! I wouldn't want to get arrested for beating the life out of a horny quarterback."I stated with composed calm.

"I want you to be my girlfriend."He stated.

"I won't be your girlfriend!What's your problem?"I screamed.

"I don't know,I thought it would be pretty dope hearing I was banging Hamilton High's quarterback's little lady friend."He grinned.

"Not a chance."I scoffed picking my car keys from the table.Lucky that my four weeks of punishment had finally been over.Lesson learnt, don't ever disrespect your agile Dad.

"Then stay away from him then."He shrugged.

"What kind of request is that?"

"He dotes on you, if you guys are in a strained relationship it will affect his games."He explained.

"Sorry to disappoint, Jake Greene honestly cares about his friends and so do they.I'm not ready to hurt such a person."I stated.

"You're fucking clueless huh?"He sighed supporting his chin with three of his fingers.

"He'll get more than a knee injury if he you don't cooperate."He stated.

"Don't hurt Jake!"

"It's a deal."He smiled as the waiter dropped a smoothie and some pizza on the table.

I bit my lip in unsaid frustration,my heart thumping heavily in my chest.

I was doing this for Jay,for his wellbeing.I had made the right decision right?

My mind whirled and I felt weak under.Feeling relieved a part of me had taken the seat as Martin requested earlier.

I Kept quiet for sometime as everything sank in.After regaining my composure, I picked my car keys from the table.

"Hey,you didn't take something!"Martin bellowed beside me as I rose to my feet.

"I don't trust strangers or stalkers."I stated walking out.

This was messed up.

                                                       ***

I slowly pushed open the front door and let myself into the house.

Slipping my shoes off,I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dropped it together with my purse on the nearest couch.My jacket followed soon after.

"Camilla!"Mike screamed running out of the kitchen with flour coated clothes wrapping me in a hug.

"Hey Mike.You've been baking with Mum again."I laughed gently rubbing his back.

The whole house loved having Mike around.Mum always took him out to the shops and Benji sometimes to his hockey games at college.

"Yup."He nodded vigorously.

"And guess what? Mum phoned.I could hear the sound of the jet."He exaggerated and I let out a grin.

Starting a lecture about the differences between planes and jets.Thereas his family was coming on a plane, not a jet.

My heart died after the short lesson and his eyes widened.

"You don't look happy."He commented folding his arms across his chest.

My heart tightened in worry and I reluctantly shrugged it off.Martin's poisonous words were making me feel nauseous.

I slipped on the couch and Mike followed climbing onto  my lap.

"Sweetie,is that you?"Mum called out amidst the loud clatter of pots and pans.

"Yes Mum."I answered.

"When did you come back? I need a hand over here ,the gravy is getting a bit too overwhelming."She cried.

"And might I add,my cooking assistant keeps raiding my peanut supply."She teased Mike.

"Yeah I'm coming."I answered shrugging a giggling Mike off my laps and walking toward the  kitchen.Leaving him giggling uncontrollably to himself.

I was determined to nurse my silent hurt.

Time moved on and before I realized it was the next day.
I stood at the front of the Greene's residence with Mike beside me.His overnight bag with his daily necessities and a few clothes were held limply in my hands.

Giving the door a gentle tap,the whole place remained quiet.Silence echoing from the magnificent house.

I reached for my pocket to fish out my phone to give Mrs Greene a ring when Mike took it into his hands.

Clenching his tiny fists,he rapped at the door in alarming fashion.

"Mummmie! I'm at the door!"He screamed at the top of his lungs.
I looked up at him flustered, unable to stop his rash action.This rather proved fertile for we heard approaching footsteps.The footsteps came to a stop as there was a jingle of keys and the twisting of a key in the keyhole.The door was yanked open revealing a sleepy looking Mrs Greene.

Immediately on sighting her son,a bright smile crept up on her face.She opened the door wider and Mike rushed into her arms enthusiastically.

"Mum,I missed you.How's Jake?"He asked all at once breaking the hug.

"I missed you too pet,but let's settle before your questions get an answer."She narrated giving me a smile of acknowledgement.

"Welcome back Mrs Greene."I smiled stepping into the house.

"Why,thank you."

"Make yourself feel at home.I haven't done any grocery shopping since we arrived but there is some homemade pie Mike's aunt dropped off sometime this afternoon.Help your self."She beamed.

"Pie!"Mike screamed making a mad dash to the kitchen.

"Don't forget to wash your hands."His Mum called out .

"He's unusually energetic,hope he wasn't much trouble?"Mrs Greene asked.

"Yeah, he was remarkably good."I nodded bringing a relaxed smile on her face.

"Jake is in his room though.He seems pretty worn out,you can go on up and say hi."She encouraged.

"Sure,thanks."

I climbed the stairs to Jay's room.The door was open a crack,so knocking wasn't necessary.A beam of sunlight emanated from the room as I gently pushed the door open revealing Jay's breathtaking room.His room was a view, leaving me amazed,from the dark oak furniture to pale curtains,anytime I walked in.

My eyes finally rested on his sleeping body which lay on his bed.
He looked tired and lost,like the injury was getting into his head.I moved closer and settled beside him on the bed.Examining his face,there was light worry lines and a small stubble emerging from around his chin area.My hands voluntarily brushed a stray hair from his face causing him to stir and grab my hands.The feeling of the familiar pair of palms holding mine brought a feeling of warmth to my body.There was a tingling sensation it came with making me reconsider my decision to Martin.

A look at his plastered knee was the last straw. Martin was mental,there was no limit as to what he could do.The authority ought to have been pulled into this, but it was saddening.There was no written proof.Lack of evidence.

A dark cloud floated atop of me.

I pulled my hand from Jay's unconscious hold and cupped my hand over my mouth to keep myself from sobbing out loud.

Grabbing my purse from his bedside drawer,I placed a kiss on his forehead, wanting my lips to linger but it didn't.

I was getting too attached.

"Get well soon Greene."I whispered shutting the door silently behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 3.7K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...
206K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
1.6K 116 41
When Jake lifted his chin up, his dark gaze locking on mine, my stomach ignited like someone had set a match to an ember. His eyes burned with equal...
11.5K 561 39
Riley has been single for over 4 years. By choice. Great family, good friends and happy with her career as a Thoracic Nurse Practitioner. But when he...