it all started in vegas

De sunshine_temptress27

She was lost, at 25 years old she felt stuck in life, depressed and trapped by the small borders of her home... Mais

Intro
Camille
The Piano Room
The lounge
Trouble
Blue eyes
Gentleman
Promises
Welcome to Memphis
Pleasure and Pain
Graceland
Books and Records
The pier
Love me or Lose me
Queensland
'68
Misery
L.O.V.E
Woman
GQ
All shook up
Jealousy
Savage
Back To You

Home

849 24 5
De sunshine_temptress27

Coffee, patchouli and vanilla, the familiar scent wafted through the air as i walked in the kitchen of the only home i had ever known. I have been back in North Carolina for about a week and a half just trying to figure out my next move. The first few days back were filled with showing gram pictures from Vegas, telling her all about my favorite restaurants and places to visit but the most popular topic she always seemed to circle back to, Austin.

One month, thats how long it has been since he left me back at that house in Vegas. One solid month of nonstop text messages, phone calls during his lunch breaks and a face-time call to wrap up the end of everyday.

When i woke up that morning the last thing i had expected was for him to actually make an effort in keeping up with me. I am a pessimist when it comes to relationships, i don't want to be but unfortunately my past left a long term emotional scar on me i can't seem to shake.

Gram and I were sat on the couch after dinner looking at the pictures that Austin had sent from his latest fitting. I still hadn't fully processed that he was going to be in this movie, more or less that someone like him was interested in me but i guess here we are.

Gram had a small panic attack when i told her who he was, she went on for what felt like hours about how excited she already was for the movie before but now it was all the better. All i could do was laugh at her reaction because to me he wasn't Austin Butler the actor who was going to be Elvis, he was just Austin the sweet and caring guy i met while playing piano two months ago.

"He looks so handsome! The hair really makes the whole look." Gram said before pulling her glasses up to rest on her head.

"Yeah he does look good doesn't he"

A couple of days ago I got a picture of him sitting in a salon chair with no context, when he face-timed me later that night I saw his hair had been dyed jet black. The man was already perfect but the dark hair just did something i can't quite explain, it somehow highlighted his features making him even more striking. 

"Have you thought anymore about his offer?" 

"No i haven't, i told you earlier i just need to think it through"

"Honey you have to stop letting the negative thoughts in your mind win, look how good this trip to Vegas ended up being. None of this would have happened if you didn't push past the fear"

I know she is right but it's hard to stop listening to that nagging little voice in the back of my head that tells me to never leave my bed because too much bad can happen outside.

That same night while we were talking he invited me to come to Tennessee with him for a couple of days and visit Graceland. I was sort of stunned that he had asked me to come with him so i just brushed past it like he hadn't really asked. However, he's persistent, everyday since then he's asked me if i had made up my mind.

I do want to see him, have his hand in mine and feel his lips on me again, but i'm scared of what that all means, we haven't talked much about whatever this is that going on between us and i'm trying to just live in the moment and enjoy it but its damn near impossible. I want to go, truthfully but i can't bring myself to tell him yes and i don't know why.

"You're right and i am trying." I sigh and rest my head on the arm of the couch and look over to her.

"I know you are but a piece of advice, Don't think just act." 

I lay there trying not to talk myself out of it, I am going.

About thirty minutes later i hear my phone ring and i know exactly who it is. I leave the living room and head upstairs to the loft before i answer the call and see that handsome face that i look forward to seeing everyday.

"Hi' i try to hide the ridiculously large smile that has made itself very known on my face.

"Hi sweetheart" he returns the gesture but makes no attempt to hide it.

I couldn't even focus on the words coming out of his mouth because when i look at the screen i see his perfectly chiseled face, newly dyed hair and bare upper half looking all to alluring, my eyes are drawn to the small chain that rest in the center of his chest. I study him more and see him twisting the ring he wears on his index finger, i noticed that the does that every time he talks.

"Earth to Cami" his hand waves back and forth in front of the screen in an attempt to get my attention.

"Huh? Oh sorry, I'm listening" I most definitely was not but he didn't need to know that.

"Are you sure about that? because your eyes have been about a foot south of my face for the past five minutes" a smirk plays on his lips and i know i have been busted.

"Ha Ha. Okay i wasn't listening but i am now, you have my full undivided attention i promise" I hold my pinky to the camera and he just laughs at my gesture.

"Very funny, What did you do today?"

"I cooked dinner and watched a movie with gram. Oh i forgot to ask when you leave for Tennessee?" i try to sneak it into conversation to keep it casual so i don't panic and back out.

"I fly out of California on Saturday, why?" He gives me a questioning look before picking up his phone from the table it had been sat on and walking over to his bed  to lie down.

"I just needed to know when to book my flight" I attempted to say as nonchalant as possible but in reality my heart is leaping out of my chest at the thought of seeing him in person again.

"Wait, you decided to come?"

Oh god, i waited too long to answer and now he doesn't want me to come, "Only if the offer to come is still good"

A large smile formed on his face "Of course it is, i'm dying to see you."

I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks, "Then i'll be there"

"Let me book your flight, that way we will get in around the same time"

"Oh no it's okay, just give me the info and i can do it."

I see him reach over to the other side of his bed and grab a laptop "Too late, i'm already booking it"

"Austin seriously i can do it, i don't want you to pay for my flight" one thing that never fails to bother me is when people spend money on me, its not that i'm unappreciative of them it just makes me feel guilty.

"I know you don't but i want to so please just let me do this for you" he looks at the camera with sincerity and i find myself unable to say no, i mean honestly how can anyone look at those eyes and say no.

"Okay fine, but i am buying dinner's while we are there, no exceptions"

He looks at me and laughs "Yes ma'am"

Yes ma'am? Interesting.

"All done, I'll send you the flight info. Your flight lands forty-five minutes after mine"

"Sounds good, thank you"

"You don't have to thank me, i wanted to."

"Still, thank you." I feel my eyes start to flutter shut and i look at the time 1:55 am. This time zone difference between us didn't work in my favor.

He must have noticed the sleepiness that was taking over, "it's getting late, why don't you go get some rest"

"Yeah i don't think i have much choice" i lightly laugh and look back at him through my phone screen "Goodnight Austin"

"Goodnight sweetheart, i'll talk to you in the morning" He smiles at me before i hang up the phone.

I slept almost as well as i did that night i was in his arms, three days, only three days and i would know that feeling again.

Authors Note:
Hello again, I am not gonna lie i had the longest week in history and feel absolutely dead to the world rn but i am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and wanted to be able to post something tonight for you. It's a small filler chapter but i thought it was a cute lead up to them seeing each other again. Anyways i left a little hidden piece of info in there for the future, lmk if you find it ;)
Love ya long time, C :)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

26.5K 991 21
When Italia Knight suddenly decides to pack up her entire life in a suitcase and travel miles and miles away from home, she encounters someone during...
49.2K 661 25
𝚜𝚘... 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎? 𝖲𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖺 𝖡𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝗌𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖽...
Threatened De TCB61455

Ficção Geral

4.1K 82 27
Elvis Presley, a detective for the Memphis Police Department, is assigned a new case. Find Elena Thompson, a woman who has just been reported missing...
493 7 16
Congratulations you've found this little a gem :). A one shot book for celebrities but right now I'm doing Austin Butler and Elvis Presley. If you ha...