The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 馃
The Beginning 馃
Growing up 馃
Sweet Success 馃
Graduation 馃
Celebracion 馃
What a Day 馃
Irene's Day 馃
Tita Mommy 馃
Continuation 馃
Acts of Kindness 馃
Casual Day 馃
Piece of Art 馃
Anuncio馃
Quick Trip 馃
Imeldefic馃
Terno馃
Old Photographs馃
Empresa馃
Unforseen 馃
Flee 馃
Errands 馃
Episodes馃
Invited 馃
Los Angeles ?
Prep 馃
Infante 馃
Noche Buena 馃
Siblings 馃
New Year 馃
Momentos 馃
Bloom 馃
Besties 馃
The Return 馃
Secure 馃
ARA 馃
Amable 馃
Jealousy 馃
Disculpas 馃
Proclamation Rally 馃
Uniteam 馃
Bulacan 馃
Noticias 馃
Perd贸n 馃
Ava 馃
Descubrimiento 馃
Sobreviviente 馃
Ecuestre 馃
Activista 馃
Talento 馃
Extranar 馃
馃
Compartir 馃
馃
Unica Hija 馃
H茅roe 馃
Reuni贸n 馃
Pap谩 馃
Generaci贸n 馃
Supper 馃
Miting De Avance 馃
Miting De Avance .2 馃
Continuation 馃
Mother's Day 馃
Elecci贸n 馃
Mansi贸n 馃
El Triunfo 馃
Despu茅s 馃
Agridulce 馃
Elegido 馃
Unity 馃
Ocupado 馃
Triste 馃
Inauguraci贸n 馃
Finalmente 馃
Apo Lakay 馃
馃
M煤sica 馃
Imprevista 馃
馃
Miedo 馃
Apegada 馃
Creciendo 馃
Evolucionando 馃
Vida 馃
Temor 馃
Ni帽a 馃
Bazar 馃
Homenaje 馃
Alegr铆a 馃
Apreciar 馃
Monarca 馃
El Fin 馃

La Catedral 馃

529 24 8
By ItsYysabelleEe

While Irene waited for her daughter to finish getting ready for church, she and Greggy were in the room watching Bong and Sara's campaign, even though their family wasn't always visible in the public, the Araneta couple backed Bong's campaign, and their needs such as campaign materials that Irene had organized such as clothes, posters, banners, wristbands, and so on. While watching, Greggy brought back something and remembered...

Greggy: Irene, do you remember how you always called me dear when I was courting you until we got married?
Irene: Of course, how could I forget, dear? *teasing her husband with a bunny smile on*

Greggy: Never one line will you ever forget calling me that...
Irene: Because I have loved and cherished you since then, Mr. Araneta.

Greggy: *flutters* You calling me dear brings back memories of my courting years to you, my uno. *took his wife's hand in his and kissed it gently*

Their conversation was cut short when Mama Meldy called and spoke with her youngest about Bong's election cycle, including what and how he could do in between speeches, as well as the clothing and shoes he chose to wear because their mom knew he has been busy with the election.

Greggy signaled that he was leaving because the tech firm had an urgent meeting even on Sunday, so only Irene and Yara would attend church, and he tightened the security of his mag-ina already when he left.

When Irene told their staff to do the work around the house, her child was already inside the car, so she quickly followed and ran.

Yara: Mom, take your time.
Irene: *pauses* Oh, little girl *amazed* You look beautiful, my love.

Yara: Oh, thank you so much, Mom. You, too, and you're wearing high heels today! I like it when you complement your white polo with your inabel skirt.
Irene: Of course, we support the local weavers and the products they make...

Yara: Yes, and I hope fairs open progressively so they can earn money.
Irene: I hope so, and Ben told me to let him know earlier if you want to join me at Katutubo again.

Yara: Really!? My pleasure... will do, mom! I want to buy some things as well!
Irene: Excellent, my love. Should we go straight to church now?

Yara: Okay, mommy.

When they arrived at San Agustin Church, before when the mass began, Yara knelt beside her mother, Irene, and prayed fervently for Ava and her family. Irene is just concentrating on her child, and their security is stationed throughout the church to keep an eye on Greggy's mag-ina.

The mass has begun, and they are holding hands while paying close attention to the bishop's homily.

The priest then takes the bread and says the words of Jesus.

"Take this, all of you, and eat it. "
"This is My Body which will be given up for you."

The consecrated Host, which is now the Body of Christ, is held up by the Priest. After kneeling, they stood waiting for the sacramental bread, and as they lined up, their bodyguard was preparing to assist them, but Irene signaled that they were fine and that they should line up as well.

Father: May the blessing of Almighty God, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit Descend on you and remain with you always.

"Go in peace to love and serve the Lord."
"The mass is ended"

"Thanks be to God."

When the last song was being played, Irene was met by individuals who had also attended the mass, while her child stood next to their security, and they talked and took pictures with Irene.

(Yara's POV)
Well, these kinds of instances were common when I was growing up, and I used to wonder why so many people snapped a picture of Mommy, even with Tita Mommy or Tito Pops, or sometimes Lola Meldy, since they are not that vulgar that many people know them, particularly my mom, cos we are very private compared to her two siblings, not until I slowly comprehend why, since I only hear stories about our family from our helpers, and we don't talk much about it since particularly at a time how people despise and knock deeply offensive controversies at us but most of the time they just brushed it off.

When Irene addressed her daughter Yara's attention to the people she was speaking with, she started waving and bowed to them while smiling sweetly.

As the crowd begins to speak,

"The one and the only, granddaughter of First Lady Imelda"
"You have a lovely daughter, Ading"

"Sobrang kamukha mo, Irene"
"You must be so happy having a minime, Ma'am Irene"

"Nakikita ko lang yan siya before, karga karga ni Greg, ngayon super pretty na"

Irene simply chuckled at their compliments on her daughter Yara and thanked them, saying...

Irene: It's great to meet you all...I'll see you on Loyalista Day! Mommy will be in attendance!
*thrilled with her high-pitched tone*

When Irene was about to leave, her daughter mentioned that there was a boy who wanted to take a picture with her, and since it is his birthday, Irene agreed...

Irene: Happy Birthday! *smiles at the camera*

"Thank you po Ma'am Irene, thank you din po sa anak niyo si, Ms. Yara, she's super kind and pretty like you, Salamat po sa tulong ng anak niyo,  na pumayag pati na rin po ang security ninyo"

Irene: Sure Hijo, enjoy your day!
Yara: Happy birthday! Take care on your way home! *smiles while simultaneously holding her mother's hand*

Their security escorted them out of San Agustin Church and the mag-ina came out smiling while they were waiting for their car, there were a few people who wanted to take pictures and talked to Irene and she immediately agreed, while Yara got in the car first because Irene took the lead because her face was already red and her asthma might be triggered.

The family will meet in San Juan at Mama Meldy's house to have dinner because it is Sunday and so they can catch up with each other and talk about Bong's campaign and at least he can rest for a while.

While they were in the car, Yara looked at her social media account and remembered something...

Yara: Mom, I remembered something.
Irene: What is it about, hija?

Yara: You remember the guy, whose birthday is now and who took a photo with you?
Irene: What about him, then?

Yara: He went to ask me if it would be alright to approach you and take pictures with you, right? and we had a short conversation...

"Hello, I just wanted to be sure that is Ma'am Irene Marcos Araneta?"
"Yes, it's her..."
"Can I take a picture kaya of her? Sikat kasi yan sila TikTok, sobrang daming fan edits.
"Really? What are fan edits, by the way?"
"It's like videos of the Marcoses with music like that, it's a compilation from their old videos to the present time."
"That's cool! I just heard of that just now..."
"I'm hoping for permission and to be able to be close to her. It's my birthday today, what a privilege na makapag picture sa isang Marcos *giggle* "
"Oh happy birthday! Maybe I'll tell my mom and ask the security to just let you pass."
"Thank you! But hala, are you her daughter? *amazed* I'm so sorry, you guys are so private among all your family members kasi, I should search more about your family, I'm sure I'll discover a lot on Tiktok."
"*grins* Oh really!? On Tiktok?'
"Uh oh, your mom has as many "fans", as well as Sir Greggy and your family, and the Marcoses in fact. You should create an account and check it out! "
"OK, I'll do that!" Thank you so much! "

Irene: *puzzled* Me? Do I have fans? What exactly do you mean? But, my love, what is Tiktok?

Irene doesn't understand what her daughter is saying or what fans she is referring to, so Yara explains to her mother while having a good laugh because even the young Araneta is confused and it's unusual for both of them, and she is starting to wonder how she can adequately explain to her mom.

~to be continued~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 670 12
When Greggy had an accident, Saoirse Maryella Vivianne Louise Araneta is forced to stay with her mother, Irene, who she hasn't seen in years. The ten...
665 25 7
will you forgive and love someone who gave you, your biggest trauma?
Anticipate By cee

Fanfiction

74.1K 3K 64
A handsome debonair and a charming maiden met through a night of pleasure. Will they ever cross lives again? Or will they pass it off as a one night...
SAUDADE By cee

Fanfiction

31K 2.3K 44
Every family always has a secret, and the Araneta Family isn't an exception. How could they give proper foundation to their family if they're built u...