TOOK MY BREATH AWAY ๏ ZUKO

By aFrickenGod

Y/n was best friends with Aang before and after he was announced the Avatar. She was later made his personal... More

The Girl
The Southern Water Tribe
Not The First Time Being Banished
Prince Firecracker
Jerky-Flavoured Fire
And Then There Was Two
The People Of Kyoshi
Boy Vs Women
Starting Fires
Bon Voyage
Who Would Have Thought
Bunk Beds With The Enemy
Sort Of Going To Plan
Yin Yang
Eat The Rich
SECRET TUNNEL
Drama Rama
Kidnapping The Blind Girl
The Tragic Backstory
The Elements And Aang
To The Library
Truly Desperate
The Fire Nation Really Thought
The War In Ba Sing Se
The Tale of Y/n
The Useless Man's Power
And The Flying Bison Returns
Crystal Cave
With a Heavy Heart
Party Hardy
Wrap Around
Hello, Zuko Here
The Late Night Talking
Boiling Rock Tingz
Voluntary Jail Time

King Of Omashu

2K 62 12
By aFrickenGod

"The Earth Kingdom City of Omashu!" Aang announced proudly as the Kingdom came in view. "Me and Y/n used to come here to visit out friends here. We would mostly visit out friends Bumi or Chehan."

"Wow, we don't have cities like this in the south pole." Katara says, as she admires everything.
"They have buildings here that don't melt!" Sokka adds, in utter shock.

"It's so much better on the inside." You say, poking Sokka with his boomerang until he snatches it back.

"Wait Aang! It could be dangerous if people found out your the avatar. And y/n, you'll both have to put on disguises." Katara says, worrying a little bit.

"What are we supposed to do? Grow some mustaches?" Aang questions. Katara soon grows a cheeky grin before walking over to Appa and grabbing a chunk of his fur.

"That's a good idea." She says as she starts to organize them, you watch in curiosity. He made Aang what was probably the first bison fur wig and mustache in the world.

"It's so itchy." Aang says as he tried to itch his bald shiny head.

You laugh at Aang, but as soon as you felt Katara grab you down, you instantly tried to wiggle free.
"Hey! No, I refuse! This is abuse! Let go, you crazed woman!" 

"There, done." Katara claps her hands once she finished her work. You would see the mass of bison fur on your head. It felt like an overly huge hair-bun.

"Great, now you guys look like my grandparents." Sokka says, folding his arms and looking between the two of you.

"Well, techincally, Aang is 112 years old. And Y/n is older then him, sooo."
"I'm 115, you water snowflake."

"Now, let's get to skipping, young whippersnapper! The big city awaits!" Aang mimics the voice of an old man and uses the old hunchback moments to move.

As you walk over to the entrance of the city, a man selling cabbages was thrown overboard. Your face makes a reaction as you try not to laugh. You glanced at the broken carriage and smashed cabbages.
"Just keep smiling."

One of the guards earth bended a boulder over the top of Aang's body an used a threatening voice to say.
"State your business."

Aang then got up in the soldier's face before  you could and yelled back at him. "My business is my business, young man, and none of your's! I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!"

"Settle down, old timer, just tell me who you are." The guard dropped the boulder and sighed, taken a bit by surprise by Aang.

"Name's Bonzoo Pippinpaddleopsicopolis the third. This is my older sister and grandkids." Aang just had to come up with the most longest and hardest name on earth.

"Konzoo Pippinpaddleopsicopolis the first and last." You faked an old lady voice.

"Hi, June Pippinpaddleopsicopolis, nice to meet you." Katara said the name with perfection as she smiled and waved to the guard.

"You seem like a responsible young lady, seek to it that your grandparents say out of trouble." The guard then moves to the side and lets us pass.
You squeeze the guard's cheek like an old person would before smiling at him and saying.

"What a nice young man you are." You then pass him and he thanks you. Who doesn't like to be complemented nicely by old people?

"Wait a minute." The guard said and you almost shat yourself.
"You're a strong young boy, show some respect for the elderly and carry your grandparent's things!"

You smirk as you take the satchel carrying the few things you had left and threw it harshly at Sokka's face making him fall backwards. Aang also took the opportunity to throw his bag at Sokka.
You enter the kingdom and memories of things that felt only happened a few weeks ago that were in reality almost a hundred years ago came back to you.

You had a friend named Chehan here who you admired for being the sassiest and clearest skin man you've ever known. He and Bumi were closely aged and were really close friends, they even made a pact to marry each other if they didn't married by the time they were 30.

"This is the Omashu delivery system! Miles and miles of tubes and chutes." Aang announced proudly.

"Great, so they get their mail on time." Sokka rolls his eyes and sighs.

"As a matter of a fact, they do get their mail on time!" Aang replies, all smiles. "but our friend Bumi found a better use for them."
Your face faultered for a second, as you remembered what happened last time Aang got on the chute with Bumi.

Aang must have sensed your soon to be declined of what Aang was going to do because he was thinking about and and you sensed what he was thinking when he sensed what you sensed you were sensing.

"Aang-"

"Just one ride!" Aang said, quickly cutting you off since he can read minds now.

"We have so much more better things we could be doing!" You argue with him, throwing your hands in the air.

"Like what?"

"..."

Katara and Sokka flicked their eyes between the two of you as you both ranted back and forth. By the time Aang asked you what better things you could be doing, you didn't have an answer.
"Alright, move over."

Aang fist bumped the air as he climbed in the chute, Katara went with him and you made Sokka go in first, just in case you crash land and then Sokka can be your air bag.

"Hey, it seemed like a good idea at first, but now that I'm here." Katara was beginning to get nervous. "I'm starting to get second thoughts!" She started to scream as we went down the chute.

The wind whipped past your face, making your hair fly backwards. You extended your arms into the air, as the water tribe siblings screamed bloody Mary. Aang was laughing and enjoying the moment as well.
You didn't first caught the look on Sokka face as he turned around, trying to get a view on everything and his face went pale.

"Um...Y/n?" he weakly yelled.

You turned around and almost got poked in the face by a very sharp and shiny spear. You jolted backwards, squishing Sokka as the two of you tried to get away from the spears.
You did not remember anything like this last time on the chutes.
Aang moved the chute and we fell off.

"Aang! Y/n! Use your airbending! Do something!" Katara yelled, clearly very scared.

"That's a great idea! That'll make us go even faster!" Aang smiled. "Come on y/n!"

Aang used his air bending and flew away at a fast pace. Going faster wasn't exactly what Katara had in mind, but Aang was becoming smaller and smaller, and you might lose him if he gets too far away.
"Hold on to something!" You shouted to Sokka, who instantly held on to the cart.

You used your air-bending and zoomed towards Aang and Katara. You ran onto roof tops and past buildings. It was chaotic, everything was falling onto you. People watched in confusion and awe of the four of you.
Eventually, you hit a cabbage cart and broke it, creating a large cloud of dust to form around you.

"You're going to pay for this!" The merchant yelled.

Aang smiled nervously as guards started to swarm around us. You scrambled to your feet and stood in front of the three, blocking them from the guards. They pointed spears at you and you tried to cover the three idiots with your arm.

"Two cabbages, please." Aang tried to joke.

The guards moved closer and tried to put their hands on Aang, Katara and Sokka. In a quick panic, you kicked the guard away and pushed the three up to stand. Two more guards came for you and you grab a cabbage that was on the ground and threw it at one of them.

"Y/n!" Aang called your name out, and when you turned to face him, three guards had doggy-piled on you, crushing you and immobilizing you.

"Hey!" You wiggled. "Get off me, you buffalo asses!"

"Take these three to the king, this one is coming with us." One of the guard said, you jolted your head towards him.

"Excuse me?" You made him look a you. "I am supposed to take care of that boy, let me go with him, what's wrong with you?"

"If you are supposed to take care of him, then why did you let him ride the chutes. You put all three of them in danger."
You hadn't been lectured in a long time, and you did not care for what this one puny guard had to say.

You had no idea where Aang and the others were. The guards had taken you to a prison cell, it was strange since you were currently the only one in the prison. The bed was just a blanket over the ground, so that was great.  
When the guards locked you in, you tried to airbend the poles, but that didn't work, also the guard on duty told you to stop.

"Can I go yet?" You asked the guard for the billionth time. 
"No."

You groaned at kicked the blanket, which didn't go very far, seeing as how the cell was the size of Appa's foot.
You still had your satchel, so you took it out and wrote what has happened in the last few days. Starting with waking up in an iceberg 100 years later, meeting the WaterTribe siblings, Prince-Fire Cracker, visiting the air temple, Kyoshi-Island and then how you ended up in a cell that smelt like bad eggs.

You heard a door open after what seemed like hours into the the cell. You turned your head, wanting to know who was there. The guard blocked your view of the person. You put your journal back into your satchel and you went to the bars.

"Your- Your Majesty!" You heard the guard speak.

"Which cell is she in?" It was the voice of an old man.
When the guard told him, he started to walk forward. You stared at the old man walking forward. His hair looked a little wild and his teeth looked all weird. He looked crazy in a nutshell.

"Well, you haven't changed a bit." The old man said.

Your eyes widened in realization. "I- Holy- ...Spirits, Bumi?!" You struggled to speak, how old was he? He looked like he could collapse and die any second now

"Yes! I knew you would recognize me!" Bumi snapped his fingers. "Wow, you still look 15, HA!"

"I was trapped in an ice berg for 100 yea-....wait, you've became king?" You slowly said. "Please explain."

"I actually forgot."  Bumi scratched his head. "I've been king for so long, I've lost count of the days!"

"Still wacky as ever." You lean on the bars, before hitting them lighly. "So... This is how we meet again, with you the king and me in a prison cell."

"Not far off from how I imagined it."
"Thanks."

Bumi then let you out of the cell and you hugged him. It was nice knowing that at least someone was alive.

"Where's Aang?" That was the first question.

"In a better prison cell, don't worry." He said 'don't worry' as if it was a calming way to say 'the boy you're meant to be protecting is now in a prison cell.'.

"WHAT?" You snapped. "Why would you put him in a prison cell? Are the other two with him? Is he hurt? Did you feed him? Where is he?"

"And you called me wacky."

"At least I didn't put my long lost friend, AKA; the GODDAMN AVATAR,  in prison!" 

For the next few minutes, Bumi continued to calm you down and rile you up. He explain, in a very confusing and annoying Bumi way of doing things. He told you the plans he had to make Aang reconsiged him again. You had placed your head between your hand and rubbed your temples, just listening to the old dude.

"...Bumi." You said, slowly.

"Yes?" He replied in a happy, chirppy kind of tone.

"Why. Just, why. Why would you want to fight Aang?"

"It seems fine! Besides, all the guards are telling me I'm too old and my joints will collapse." Bumi brushes off his old age. "They never told Chehan that."

"Huh? What, Chehan!" You sat up straight at the mention of his name. "Wait, where is Chehan? Is he still alive?"

"No, he died 6 years ago. There was a fire nation attack and he rushed right into things, trying to save some families. He was a good man." Bumi sighed, for the first time, he didn't sound so chirppy. "I will never regret marrying him."

"HA!" You clapped your hands and shot into the air. "I knew it! I knew you two would get married! HA! The monks owe me now!"

"So your not angry about me fighting Aang anymore?"

"Nope, I still am and forever will be."

"Fine, then you can stay in here until tomorrow."

"Say what again?"

OKay, so thank you for reading this story. I just want to say, I didn't have much of a plan writing this chapter, so it's a little iffy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
78.1K 2.4K 16
DISCONTINUED **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
47.4K 1.2K 29
"You dare challenge the King!" He burst with fury in front of the teen. She would be lying if she said she wasn't shaking with fear for he was a grow...
97.9K 2.7K 57
Ivana was the granddaughter of a highly respected fire nation general. She grew up playing and sparring in the palace with Prince Zuko. They'd been f...