Whispers of Love: A Collectio...

Por A8163ye

Kpop Imagines Imagine a world of full of imaginations. | Date Published: June 28, 2022 || | Date Finished:... Mais

Request Page
The Only Exception - Dahyun (Edited)
Pop - Tzuyu (Edited)
Stand by Me - Yeji (Edited)
Glimpse of Us - Mina (Edited)
The Best Thing I Ever Did - Sana (Edited)
Manager-nim! - Yuna (Edited)
Always Happy To Serve You (Part 1)- Sullyoon
Future - Momo
Date - Nayeon
Dance Partner - Mina
Jealous Girl - Dahyun
Author's Note #2
Visit - Chaewon
Soulmates - Winter
How Deep is Your Love? (Part 1) - Nako
Take Care of You - Karina
Kiss - Minju
Stuck With You - Winter
Boss Baby - Kazuha
Author's Note #3
Always Happy To Serve You (Part 2) - Sullyoon
ANTIFRAGILE - Sakura
Come Back To You - Rosé
Loveable - Yuri
Hype Boy - Minji
My Home - Winter
Noona - Miyeon
Culprit - Seulgi
Author's Note # 4
How Deep is Your Love? (Part 2) - Nako
Ice Meets Fire - Hyewon
Author's Note # 5
Restart - Shuhua
Hug - Minji (Special Oneshot Part 1)
Hug - Minji (Special Oneshot Part 2)
Hug - Minji (Special Oneshot Part 3)
Hug - Minji (Special Oneshot Last Part)
Author's Note # 6
The Best Day of My Life - Chaewon
Beautiful Chance - Taeyeon
Change for the Better - Yunjin
I Like You So Much... - Sullyoon
(Jealous) - Yuqi
Sulky - Hanni
What If I Told You That I've Fallen? - Jiheon
Paninindigan Kita - Danielle
Bucket List - Minju
Give Me Your Forever - Roh Yoon-seo
Pout - Chaewon
How Could You? - Haerin
How Could I? - Wonyoung
Annoying - Karina
Love Will Keep Us Alive - Minji (Part 1)
Love Will Keep Us Alive - (Part 2)
Thirsty - Winter
A Happy Day - Yeji
Ditto - Haerin
Important (?) Announcement!
Dancing with My Eyes Closed - Ningning
Authors Note
What is Love? - Dahyun
Spring Fic | A Blooming Piece - Minji
Summer Fic | Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You - Karina
🐧 Announcement 🦆
Autumn Fic | Raise our Glass... to the Story of Us - Yunjin
Winter Fic | Different - Winter
Announcement + Question!🐧
Yellow - Karina
🎉 Future Project 🎉
Show You What I Have - Yujin
La Vie En Rose - Wonyoung
Huwag Muna Tayong Umuwi - Mikha (BINI) Taglish Ver.
Let's Not Go Home Yet - Mikha (BINI) English Ver.
Unexpected - Aiah (BINI) Taglish Ver.

Ran To You - Yujin

3.1K 44 3
Por A8163ye

Requested by: Yujinnie03

-----------

"Eomma! What is she doing?" A curious little girl pointed to the television that is showing a sprint competition.

"Hmm? Oh, she's running,"

"Why is she rwunning?"

"*giggle* she is running because she wants to win,"

"Win what?"

"A prize,"

"A pwize? What kind of pwize?

"It depends honey. How about you, what prize do you want to get Yujiniee,"

"I want candy and chocolates!"

"*giggles* you want candy?"

"Yes!!! Can I have some eomma?"

"I will give you if.... you will catch me!"

"I will catch you eomma!" A young Yujin squealed and ran to catch her eomma.

The mother and daughter plays and runs throughout their apartment. Giggling and laughing are the sounds on top, no words spoken, only the connection of love that a mother and daughter would have.

The young girl caught up with her eomma and she jumped and celebrated like there is no tomorrow. The mom giggled at her daughter enjoying herself and decided to grab a candy from the jar.

"Yujiniee,"

"Ne?!" The girl's excitement is through the roof.

"Hehe, what will you get if you catch eomma?" The mother crouched down to the level of the little kid.

"I will get a pwize!"

"And what prize will you be getting?"

"CANDIES!!!"

The mother gave her daughter the candies she promised and the little girl squealed in delight, she is waving her hands in the air and runs at all directions. The mother laughed at her daughter's crazy antics and the girl stopped infront of her mother and hugged her legs.

"Twank you eomma! You are the best!"

The mother picked up her daughter and hugged the young girl tightly, the young girl giggled and obviously, the little girl loved the affection from her mother as she squealed and reciprocated the hug that her mother made.

"Aigoo Yujiniee, how lucky I am to be your eomma. I love you always, remember that my daughter. I love you till my last breath,"

The mother released a tear in her eye and this is unnoticed by her daughter. She carefully put her daughter on her feet and the daughter runs with saying,

"I'm gonna rwunn eomma! I'll make you proud!" The little girl is now out of sight in the mother's eye. The mother smiled and sobbed quietly.

"I hope that I can see you on your journey,"

--- time skip | several years later ---

Yujin pov

*bang*

The signal is heard, therefore it is time to run. My reaction time is quite good and it can become my advantage. Time is everything for the sprint competition and winning the tournament means championships, we will be able to play the best of the best in the whole country, winning here is a must. Eight runners in the lane, three laps, and eight school representatives running to be the athlete of the district.

I want to win so bad, for me, for my friends, for my school... and for my eomma! I was currently in third place until the motivation kicks in and made me run faster, the runners are now in the final lap, and all run loose! Conserving of energy is now finished, time to give my all.

I sprinted through the tracks until I'm on par with the leader of the pack, we looked at each other and decided to speed off, the third place is now well behind us, it is either me or her now.

"Run... Yujin... Run," I muttered to myself but it is just not enough.

I looked at my competitor and she is ahead by an inch.

"Do this for eomma Yujin, do this for her! Make eomma proud!" My inner mind said and I ran faster until I passed my only competitor and just a few meters ahead, the victory is mine. For the final sprint, let's do it!

"30 metres!"
.
.
.
.
.
"20 metres!"
.
.
.
.
.
"10 metres!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"You won!"

My mind is talking to me, I crossed the finish line. I did it! I finished the race, first place! I won! I won!

"Eomma, I won" I looked at the sky and let my tears fall. I made eomma proud, I made eomma proud!

My legs just folds and that's why I'm kneeling. A win filled with emotions, ambition and dedication.

I put my hand up to my face and just cried. I still can't believe that I did it!

Just now I received a tap and I looked at the person, it is my fellow competitors congratulating me. I stand up and they hugged me as a sign of sportsmanship. I reciprocated their actions and thanked them.

"You did it Yujiniee!" A girl back-hugged me and based on the voice, I know who it is.

"I did it Wony!!!" I patted her head and caressed it.

"This calls for a celebration!" The tall girl exclaimed and I giggled.

"Aish, you are more excited than me!"

"Hey!... well I mean... hehe," Wonyoung just scratched her head in embarrassment and I just dragged laughed at her.

"Attention! All sprint running competitors! Please go to the podium area and let us witness the awarding of winners!" The voice on the speaker said.

"That's your call Yujin, go!!! I will take a picture!" Wonyoung squealed and left.

I went to the podium area and almost all of the spectators are clapping at me. I bowed and thanked them for their support and congratulations.

After a few moments, the announcer called the top three finishers and called us one by one.

"For the 3rd placer, please give it up for Wang Yiren of Gyeonggi National High School!" The spectators cheered and Yiren stepped onto the podium for the 3rd placer.

"For the second placer, let us cheer for Hong Eunchae of Incheon's High School for the Women!" Again the crowd cheered and Eunchae bowed and shouted "Thank you all!!!".

What a cute girl.

"And now! For the first placer of the tournament! Please give it up for Ahn Yujin of Seoul National High School!"

The crowd erupted with cheers and claps, the announcer gave me my medal and I wore it. I stepped onto the podium and thanked the support of the spectators.

"THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!!!" Wonyoung shouted in her squeaky voice and the crowd giggled at the big bunny shouting. I laughed at her, that's my silly best friend.

--- time skip | celebration ---

Just like what Wonyoung said, it calls for a celebration, Wonyoung's parent is here to celebrate with us also. After my mom died, they took care of me and supported me in my dreams. Wonyoung and I are actually siblings at this point. We grew closer together and the poof! We are now like a family!

"That was a great run Yujin! You did great!" Auntie said with an excited tone. I giggled at her and nodded.

"Congratulations Yujin-ah! All of your hard work paid off huh?" Uncle said.

"It relieves some of it but! There is still more work to do!" I said and the Jang family looked and smiled at me warmly.

"That's why your eomma is proud of you Yujin-ah, even your appa, even if they are not here with you anymore. They are so very proud of you," auntie said and smiled.

"Thanks for saying it auntie and where ever they are, they are in my heart," I said while looking at my plate.

Wonyoung pov

"Thanks for saying it auntie and where ever they are, they are in my heart," Yujin said with a sense of pain in her tone.

Yujin's childhood has been a tough road. Her father died while serving in the military, sadly she did not get a chance to meet him, her mother dies when she was 5 years old because of an illness. She is so young and clueless that the world has been cruel to her, by that time we were close. I remember the days that I see her crying, hugging the scarf of her eomma, sobbing and saying she misses her. This hurts me, seeing my best friend in pain, so as my friend or my sister at this point, I'm doing the best that I can to keep her happy and strong.

We took care of her and treated her as a family, eomma and appa and Yujin's parents are best friends, so the relationship between them is strong and when I bought up that we should take Yujin home with us, they never hesitated and welcomed her with open arms.

I patted the girl's shoulder and hugged her.

"They are in you Yujin and besides, were here too! Your other family!" I said and she giggled.

"Of course, thank you all for taking care of me!" She said to us and hugged me tighter.

--- time skip | home ---

Yujin pov

We just got home and I am so tired! I feel like a deflated wheel. I looked at my phone and looked at the outcomes of the district games in Korea. Currently, I can see the Northeast District which is us, the Central, Southwest District and the South District. I looked on who is the winners in the sprint category and to my surprise, the winner in the South District is close to me.

I dialled her number and waited for her to answer.

*ring* *ring*

"Yujin"
"Yena"

"Yeoboseyo~"

"Hey, ducky!"

"Yah! What ducky!? Hmph!"

"*giggle* just joking Yena,"

"Mhm, okay, you are forgiven for now. So waddaya call?"

"Oh! I saw from a blog that you are the representative of the south,"

"Aigoo you are so sweet, already congratulating me? I know I know. You know what? I will win for you!"

"Yes~ that's nice but how will you win if I win?"

"..... what?"

"I am your opponent ducky!!!"

"I AM NOT A DUCK!!! And really?! Yes~ we are competing!"

"I like that we are foes but you are excited"

"That's Yena for you. Oh?! Let's make a bet!"

"I'm in! What is it?"

"The loser should treat the winner"

"That's it? Pshhh. That's lame Choi Yena,"

"For a month,"

"Yeah, I'll take back what I said,"

"So! Ms Ahn Yujin, do we have ourselves a deal?"

"Ohhh, I'm so ready! DEAL!"

"Hehe, I'll be waiting for you puppy, but for now I'm tired,"

"Tell me about it, I feel the same,"

We talked for hours despite the tiredness earlier. Yena being Yena, she crashed a lamp while showing me something, I wish that it is just from her exhaustion.

--- time skip | a week later ---

Another day another training yet again. This time it is just me in the tracks, I mean it's still early in the morning so that's reasonable right? Anyways, before we run, we stretch!

I stretched here and there and after that, I decided to jog to let my body warm up. Running against the breeze and hitting a man in front...

WHAT?! I bumped the man accidentally and he is surprised that the coffee that he is holding got away from his grip.

"Aish. Yah! Watch where you are going!" The man scolded.

"Mianhe! Mianhe! I was not paying attention! Mianhe!" I bowed at a perfect angle I think.

"*huff* *sigh* It's too early to be mad, sorry for my burst of anger too. Mianhe too," the man apologized too.

I was dumbstruck by the sudden turn of events, from an erupting volcano to a calm sea.

"A-ah ani ani! I'm the one who is at fault here,"

"Hehe, yes you are but don't mind it,"

"Ne! Please let me repay you or buy you another coffee," I bowed again.

"Stop bowing, you might get dizzy *giggle*. And no need, just be careful on your way here hmm?"

Wow, this man is so kind!

"Ne! Kamsahamnida!"

The man smiled then nodded and left, he was wearing a varsity jacket that is navy blue, there are prints on the back of the jacket, Y/n and the number 3.

"I will keep that in mind," I muttered to myself.

"Hey, Yujin! Wuzzup?" A player of Long Jump from our district, Shin Yuna!

"Hey Yuna, I'm good, habbaya?

"I'm excellent! Are you warming up now?"

"Ne~ you want to be partners?"

"Don't mind if I do~"

--- time skip | a week later ---

Y/n pov

After a week of tour on the grounds of the Northeast District, I finally come home to our place. I was about to open the house door but someone beats me to it and this someone tackled me in a big hug.

"Oppa! Your back!" Yena said while snuggling her head on my chest.

"Aigoo, my little sister missed me. I am only away for a week tho..." I said and she pouted.

"Hmph! Oppa didn't miss me," Yena sulks and released her tight hug.

I laughed at the stomping little duckling, sulking and whispering to herself. Yena could be a little childish sometimes, but that's her nature, that is what makes her lovable. Though she is clumsy at some times but it's good.

I went and hugged the sulking girl who is still muttering words that is blabberish. I giggled at her antics and pat the girl's head. Luckily she is easy to coo and she is back to her silly self again.

"Oppa, when are your basketball practice again?" The duck asked.

"Oh? Wae? You want to join me again?" I asked and she nodded.

"Ne! Mom and dad are working full hours and it is boring here! I rather watch you flop,"

"Hey! Who says I flop?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Last month? Dunking should be made by your hands, not your head. Imagine many people watching you and your head hit the rim because of a dunk attempt? *tsk* *tsk* *tsk*"

Damn Yena, you gotta chill for your bro too you know.

"That's not always happening you know?" I looked away from her graze, feeling embarrassed of course.

"Owhhh, is oppa shwy that hwe fwailed?" Aish, this girl is annoying, now uses her baby voice talking to me.

I smacked the back of her head that causes the duck to retaliate with a variation of quacks- I mean voice. I left her still pissed while I went in the kitchen to cook myself some good ol' ramyun. I was about to open a packet until I felt a tap on my arms and I see Yena playing with her fingers, she usually does this when she makes a request.

"What is it Yena?"

"Canyoumakesomeramyeonformetoo," I looked at her, is she rapping?

"Chill duck, slowly please,"

"Can you make some ramyeon for me too?" Yena asked and hugged me.

Aish, this girl acting clingy when she wants. I'm so used to her duality.

--- time skip | basketball practice ---

"Screen!"

We were simulating a play to boost our experience and knowledge. Playing with schools of different divisions? That's cool and scary at the same time.

"Seungkwan! Double team!" Coach shouted.

I am sitting here on the sidelines, witnessing the scripted play. Some players are instructed to make a play offensively. 3v3 match between the best defensive players on the team and the three best score makers on the team.

Sunghoon, Seungkwan, and Beomgyu for the defense while Jake, Ni-ki and Changbin for the offense.

The offense move and the ball movement were immaculate, defense broke down and the coach sighed heavily.

"Y/n, go in. Seungkwan, Beomgyu, stay there" I stand up and I clapped Sunghoon's hand.

"You all know what to do,"

*whistle*

The offense went to their places, Ni-ki with the ball, Jake in the perimeter and Changbin in the corner.

"Man to man!" I shouted. That means each of us has a player to defend. I can see Jake get out of the perimeter and go to the other corner. Now my focus is on Ni-ki with the ball, now I can see that his plan is an iso.

"Iso!" I shouted and Ni-ki accelerates towards the rim and dribbled impressively to make some space for his shot attempt, but I am the team captain for a reason, my footwork is strong and Ni-ki's dribbling didn't make a change. He is now retreating from his attack, my teammates are defending the offense pretty well.

Shot clock at 8 seconds, Ni-ki attacks and I got to his tail, he layed up the ball but my fingertips grasp the ball. Counted as a block, the defense did its thing. Pressure, limit the shots, take-off time and defend the rim.

*buzzer*

"Nice defensive communication," our coach complimented.

"You! Why did you have to be hard on me?" Ni-ki pouted and I laughed at him and ruffled his hair.

"We're just teaching the new addition Ni-ki, please bear with it m'kay?"

"Ne~ that's right," Ni-ki nodded and left to drink some water.

"Sunghoon! Come here," I called the new player that is added to the South District's roster.

"Hyung! You are a great lockdown defender! Daebak!" He said in amusement.

"*giggle* that's nothing, but next time, be vocal huh?

"Ne hyung!"

"Now come on, let's rest for the meantime," I said to Sunghoon.

After a small break, the coach called the players for a talk.

"Now we all know that a week from now is the championships, all districts have set their best players to face us. Now as we all know, the team captain or Y/n travelled to the Northeast district which is also the host of the games to inspect the conditions of the venue," I nodded and the coach signals me to speak.

"Okay, Northeast Division's court is slightly bigger than ours and I heard that almost all players are popular in Seoul, that makes the home advantage for them, but don't be pressured by the noise, focus, play and if we make a mistake, relax, stay in composure and then play again. Be cool and we can do this! Team South! In three. One. Two. Three!"

"TEAM SOUTH!!!"

"That's the spirit lads, you can do it. For now, I will make the line-ups,"

The coach left us on the court to see the player's profiles and to make the line-ups. We the players played ourselves by making a team. Since we're 14 players, we are divided into two teams, but the catch is all players will play. I know, 14 people in the court, that's chaos! But it's fun. Moments later, the coach went to us and stated the line-up. Starting five would be Seungkwan, Beomgyu, Ni-ki, Me, and Jake. The bench players are Changbin, Hyunjin, Sunghoon, Soobin, Jeongin, Seungmin, Felix, Han, and Heesung.

--- time skip | District Games ---

Yujin pov

The time has come, today is the game day! All the training will be poured here. As of now, we are in a stadium, divided by colors per district, our district color is blue.

I can see a girl with an orange jacket walking up to our section, she is closing to me and waddaya know, its Yena!

"Yena! Here!" I shouted and raised my arms for her to see. I can see her perk up and see me. She ran to me and gave me a big hug.

"Yujiniee!!!" She snuggled at me. This girl loves hugs.

"Hey Yena, how are you?" I said and patted her head.

"I'm good! Honestly training sucks but other than that, life is good," I giggled at her statement and I can understand her. You know Yena is naturally fast, in training she always complained about running repeatedly. She may be stubborn but she is the best in their district. That is also the bridge on how I met this duck.

--- flashback ---

I was in Busan along with the Jang family. We are on a holiday and are planned to enjoy the beach.

The next morning, I woke up early and I see Wonyoung next to me sleeping like a baby. I fixed her blankets and she snuggled it more, cute. I fixed myself and decided to have a tour of my own since its early. I wrote a note and placed it under Wonyoung's phone.

I left the hotel and jogged a kilometer, this is where I saw a training in progress, girls running. I entered the open facility and watched them train, a few moments later, I heard a girl whining and sulking and she sat next to me.

"Run, run, run, always running," she said annoyed.

"Uhm, hey, you okay?" I said which surprised the girl.

"Oh! I didn't see you there. Hello!" She said. Her mood swings are dangerous.

"H-hello! Are you okay?" I asked.

"O-oh, yes. Actually no, my trainer wants me to run and run and run! But I don't want to run," The girl said and pouted.

"I-is that so? So are you preparing for a competition?" I asked

"Yes! I want to compete for a spot in my school!" She said in a cheery tone.

"Oh, so you are an athlete huh?"

"Yes~ oh?! Are you an athlete too?!"

"Ne~"

"Really? What school from Busan are you?" She asked

Woah, too much energy there huh?

"I-I'm not from Busan, I'm from Seoul," I said and she tilts her head.

"That's far. That means you are here for a vacation then?"

"Ne~"

"Hmm, that's nice. By the way, I'm Yena, Choi Yena! Nice to meet you!" She introduced.

"I'm Yujin! Ahn Yujin and nice to meet you also,"

"That's nice, I have a friend from Seoul now," she said and I giggled.

*ring* *ring*

"Oh, please excuse me Yena," I said and she nodded.

I answered the call and it's Wonyoung calling me to get back because there is a bug in the shower. I face palmed myself but laughed at it. I looked to Yena looking at the field quietly. I answered the giant baby that I am coming back and the call ended.

"Hey Yena, sorry to cut our time but I'm gonna go back now," I said and she pouted.

"Oh, that's sad. Let's exchange contacts!" She said excitedly and how can I refuse her? So we exchanges our numbers and said our goodbyes to each other.

"EhHHhhhH, why did you have to leave early!" She pouted which made me surprised but I giggled.

"Hehe sorry Yena, but you never know, maybe the time we see each other again is when we face each other in the district games," I smirked at her

"Confidence going up for you Ms Ahn Yujin? I like it!" She said and smirked back

"Ahhh, I love to hang out with you, but bye for now!" I said

"Bye too Yujin!" She said waving her hands.

--- flashback end ---

So that's how we met. Yena is pretty outgoing, not gonna lie but that's a cool attitude to have.

"Yah! Ducky! Let go of me," I teased

"DUCKY?! Yah! Ahn Yujin you tall puppy-" and she started blabbering things again so I hugged her. I can still hear the muffled words she is producing so I pat her head for her to calm down, everytime I did this, she calms down.

"Okay, that's all good now,"

"Huh, okay I forgive you for now. C'mon, I will introduce you to someone!" She said and dragged me towards their district's area. Yena is short yet fast, it's like Mr Crabs' feet.

After a few moments, we stopped at a group of boys teasing each other.

"Uhh, Yena? Why are we here?" I whispered to her.

"Oh! Let me introduce you to my brother!" She said and shouted. "Y/nn oppa!!!"

I face-palmed myself because Yena is quite loud too.

"Yah Duck! Be quiet will you?" A man's voice said. He sounds familiar tho...

"Now two of you said I'm a duck?! I'm offended! Hmph!" Yena sulked once again.

I was about to pat her head until I felt a hand on her head too, I looked at the owner of the hand and he looked at me.

"You?!" We both said surprised.

Yena pov

I was still sulking and waiting for attention until...

"You?!" My brother and Yujin said to each other

Ohoho, am I missing something here? My best friend and my brother? Ooooohhh. I sense something from my ducky powers!

"You know each other?" I asked while hiding my smirk.

"Actually yeah, I ran into him," Yujin said while scratching her head

"Chill with the run, you just bumped me, nothing biggie there," my brother said and I see Yujin blushing?!

Ohohoho, okay Yujin. I see you there.

"E-ehem, okay! I will just walk out of here for a minute or two and will let you two catch up! Bye!" I said and ran into the unknown.

Y/n pov

That duck! Leaving me with her friend! Actually, I don't mind it, Yena's friend is pretty by the way.

"Mianhe again," she said and bowed. I giggled at her. I put my hand on her shoulder and she stopped.

"Again, I did say it's okay now. No biggie," I said and she stared at the ground.

"Uhmmm, so you're her friend?"

"U-uh yes, I'm Yujin by the way,"

"Oh, I'm Y/n, nice to meet you," I raised my hand for a handshake and she reciprocate my actions.

She looked at me with... is she blushing? Why is she so red?

"O-oh, are you okay there Yujin? Your face is red," I said and she fanned herself with her palm.

Yujin pov

To be honest, since the day I bumped him accidentally, I kinda get like, ahh. You know what? I will admit. He is quite attractive the first time I see him, even today. To help me in my luck, he is a brother of Yena! I know District games are fun, but NOT this fun!

"Hey Yujin, I know that we just met but, do you mind if we have a bet?" Y/n said.

Uhm, is that his way to get girls?

"Uhhh, I mean sure," I said and just shrugged

"If my team win in the basketball tournament, will you mind giving me a chance to date you?"

I choked on my saliva, I mean I get that Yena is bold, but his brother is bolder. Damn, is this in their blood?

I composed myself before answering and I am the Ahn Yujin, I will not be trailed in this type of conversation.

"Wow, your confidence is high. Luckily I like you," I said and smirked. He looked at me with wide eyes and chuckled.

"Look at the mirror Yujin," he said and I giggled

"Okay, I will accept your bet but! If I win on my competition, I want your number okay?" I said and he giggled.

"Okay! Deal?"

"Deal!"

"So what did I miss?" Yena said. Back from whoever knows where she went.

--- time skip | basketball finals ---

Y/n pov

We were against the Central District in the finals. To be honest, they are one tough opponent. We are in the fourth quarter with two minutes left in the clock.

89 - 89

"Guys! Since we're out of fouls to give, we are in penalty now! Be careful on playing because a free throw is much as important as two's and three's. We are outplayed since they have shooters and a big man. Play the 2-3 zone coverage so that we will not collapse. For the offense any suggestions?"

"Coach! Let's try the triangle offense, and if we failed we can easily route it into a pick and roll," I said while panting and the coach seemed to like my idea.

"Okay, Seungkwan in, Seungmin out. Okay here's the plan, Ni-ki, Jake, Changbin and Y/n, keep calm and look for opportunities. Seungkwan, pressure the ball handler and Y/n double team if necessary for the opponents' turnover. Okay, you get that?" Coach advised

"NE!"

"South District in three! One! Two! Three! South District!"

*buzzer*

I walked up to the sideline since I'm the one who is gonna inbound the ball.

*whistle*

The referee gave me the ball and I see Changbin open so I passed it to him. He caught the ball and hold it for him to give it back to me, he positioned himself in the corner as he is a shooter. I can see Seungkwan getting ready for a screen and I used the opportunity, I went inside the paint and I can see that Changbin's defender is double-teaming me with their center, I am under the rim and Ni-ki is on my side, no hindrances for a pass, so I passed it to Ni-ki which he immediately passed it to Changbin for a wide corner three-point shot. Changbin releases and Changbin scores.

92 - 89

Though we expected a timeout from the opponents, they keep their timeout. They ran down the court and we defend our coverage. The ball handler was with me and he tries to trick me with his fancy dribbling skills, did not even shake me off by the way. Seeing that it didn't do a thing, he sets me up for a one-on-one. I can say that he is good, but this is what I did on Ni-ki when we are training. He did the shake and bake thing but that's nothing on me. He put his elbows in front for the distance, he attacks the rim and extends his arm out hardly that causes me to stumble.

*whistle*

"Offensive foul!" The game commentator said and I celebrated in my mind. The player who is fouled threw the ball at me intentionally and it hit me in the head.

"HEY!" My teammates come up to me and my coach argues with the other coach and referees.

*whistle*

"Technical foul!" The game commentator again spoke up and I am relieved.

Coach ran to me and asked me if I'm okay and said that I am.

Soon after that, the game went on and our opponents went downhill from there, turnovers, desperation, and anger turned to them to the point that we widen the lead to eight.

*buzzer*

104 - 96
Final Score

My teammates and I celebrated and cheered upon ourselves, soon later we are awarded, a gold medal and a trophy! What is great tho, I got the MVP award and my teammates hoisted me up and chanted my name. That's on my books. The friends and families of my teammates come to their loved ones and congratulated them.

A certain girl threw herself at me while squealing.

"You won! You won! You won! Oppa you won!" Yena said excitedly and I saw Yujin smiled and said her congratulations.

"Of course! Being calm makes you win," I said to the snuggling duck.

"Good job Y/n oppa. I see that you won the bet hmm?" Yujin said and this made Yena stop from snuggling me.

"Bet? What bet? Yah Yujin! You have a bet from both of us?" Yena said playfully to Yujin. I laughed at her scolding her friend and picked the duck up for the quacking to stop, the duck- I mean Yena calmed down and stopped blabbering things.

I went closer to Yujin and whispered.

"I won my bet, I hope you won yours," I said and smirked.

"You don't know me Y/n. I always win so much more if there is a prize," she said and smirked back.

"Oppa, I'm hungry," Yena said.

--- time skip | sprint: finals ---

Yujin pov

"So this is it Yena, all that we trained for," I said to the stretching duck beside me.

"I know! I'm excited AHHH!!!"

"Woah, calm down Yena,"

"I'm sorry! I'm excited!!!"

Well, once excited always excited

A few moments later, we are called to the track. It's just like Deja vù, same track, same place, same time, the only thing that is changed here is the players, this is the best of the best right now.

I looked at the sky and smiled.

"This is it eomma, I'm gonna get the candies for my prize," I muttered and chuckled while a tear escaped my eye. Time to let our dreams be real eomma.

3
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
1
.
.
.
*bang*

All players ran, conversing stamina for the sprint later, we mark the start of a 3-lap competition. All of us controlling our breathing and focuses, I didn't even realize that we are already in the second lap. I looked at my side and I saw Yena mouthing 'whatever happens, congrats to us'. I smiled at the ever-positive girl beside me and mouthed 'fighting' she smiled and nodded. Now is the real sprint, the third lap.

I am currently in 4th place now, all players now accelerate, I passed the girl in front of me with ease then the next girl to pass? Yena. I was catching up to Yena and eventually, I passed her. Just like a Deja vù, it is me and the girl in front of me, once again in the same situation. I ran faster to be on par with her but it is just not enough until... until huh?

I saw Wonyoung holding a jar of candies just beside the finish line, waving to me and cheering like there is no tomorrow.

"I know you are with me eomma," I muttered to myself and I begin to accelerate my pace again and I have the lead by a second. I crossed the finish line and... I did it.

"I did it. I did it. I did it! Eomma look at me! I did it!" I muttered and cried on the spot. I felt a warmth and I looked to see who it is and its Wonyoung.

"You did it Yujin, you made us proud, you made yourself proud and... you made auntie proud," she said and hugged me.

I cried while in her warmth and she let me relax for a couple of minutes. Soon she released our hug and wiped my tears.

"We will celebrate again but there are people who wants to congratulate you. We will go to auntie after that hmm?" Wonyoung said in a soft voice and I nodded.

"That would be nice. Thank you again Wonyoungiee," I said and hugged her tightly. This made her giggle and we parted after a few seconds. She gave me the jar of candies and I grabbed it. My fellow competitors congratulated me and the last one is the energetic one. She smiled at me and hugged me.

"I know that I didn't have the honor to meet your mom but I know she is happy right now," Yena said as she saw the jar of candies.

Yena knows about the incident and she keeps me happy if I thought about the sad thoughts. I hugged Yena once again.

"Thank you, so so much," I hugged her tighter.

I felt another pair of arms hugging and I saw Y/n.

"I told Yena about our bet because she keeps bugging me," he said I chuckled

"Ne~ Yah oppa! Take care of her or you will taste the fury of my punches!" I giggled at Yena.

"Oh dear, who do we have here?" A middle-aged woman said and the three of us parted. Yena ran and hugged the woman.

"Eomma!!!" Yena squealed and Y/n went to them and hugged their mother, soon enough, their father appeared.

The sight of a complete family makes me emotional but the Jang's hugged me and congratulated me.

Soon enough the awards are given with Yena being the third placer, A girl named Nakamura Kazuha from the Central District is the second placer and lastly, the first place, yours truly, the one and only Ahn Yujin of the Northeast District. I stand on the podium while wearing the gold medal, I was there with the flowers given by the organizers and the jar of candies.

After a few moments of picturing and acknowledging others, it's time to rest but wait! There is a bet that is needed from the Choi's. I went to them and I firstly picked Yena.

"Yena!!! You're treating me for a month!" I said to her and she pouted.

"Fwineeee~" she whined and puffed her cheeks.

"And you! Your number please," I said to Y/n in a teasing voice.

"Mind if I changed the bet?" He asked.

"Will it be better?" I eyed him.

"Yes,"

"Then I mean, sure then, what is it?" I asked and the next thing he did surprised me.

"This," he grabbed my waist and kissed me on the lips. This is my first kiss and I liked it! The taste of his plump lips, the connection driven by excitement and love? We ended the kiss and smiled at each other.

"Definitely better," I said and giggled while our heads are close to each other.

"EOMMA!! OPPA HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!" Yena shouted and ran.

"I'm so glad I ran into you,"

"But you just jogged, so it's jogged into you?" I looked at him and I groaned.

"Oh my gosh! That's so bad!"

We just chuckled later on and that's that.

---------------

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

138K 1.3K 48
ITZY ONESHOTS. ANYTHING ITZY: 18+ fairly well-written fluffy, smuts, g!ps, AUs, imagines, angst, ships, drama, romance READ THE INTRO FOR DIRECTION. ...
13.8K 385 22
Sapphic imagines for each twice member! Slow updates because this is just a lil hobby of mine. Each member will have their own individual book when I...
5.3K 66 28
𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐗𝐅𝐞𝐦, 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐗𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞, 𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐱𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐅𝐞𝐦. 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝!
1.9K 83 10
"maybe in another universe..." short stories + imagines » i appreciate your support :) Start: February 10, 2024