The Fallen Angel

De Zanzan112

When Isabelle Crew described the gorgeous man to her best friend as "out of this world", she hadn't meant it... Mai multe

The Fallen Angel
Chapter 1: Silver Eyes
Chapter 2: Goodbye World
Chapter 3: Being Blessed Can Also Be A Sin
Chapter 4: Remember To Forget
Chapter 5: Historical Fairytale
Chapter 6: Heated
Chapter 7: Crazy = Genius
Chapter 8: Rebound
Chapter 9: Desperate
Chapter 10: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 11: Murphy's Law
Chapter 12: Bad Karma
Chapter 13: Therapy
Chapter 14: Truth Is
Chapter 15: Cupid
Chapter 16: When In Rome
Chapter 17: A Leap of Faith
Chapter 18: Dreams
Chapter 19: Revelation
Chapter 20: Commander
Chapter 21: My Everything
Chapter 22: The Choice
Chapter 23: Warm
Chapter 24: Bad Kitty
Chapter 25: Genie in a Bottle
Chapter 26: Welcome to Aegina
Chapter 27: Lodge
Chapter 28: Realistic
Chapter 29: Find Him
Chapter 30: Villain's Side
Chapter 32: Pendant
PART II
Chapter 33: Outlaw
Chapter 34: Azrael
Chapter 35: Archangel
Chapter 36: He's Here
Chapter 37: The Way You Lie
Chapter 38: Start a War
Chapter 39: Sound of War
Chapter 40: The Great War

Chapter 31: Escape

1.9K 96 0
De Zanzan112

Chapter 31: Escape

The night we chose was a dark and silent one. Genie and I decided it would be best to make our move during a time that was least expected. It also had something to do with the fact that Cupid and Angelo were asleep for once. It was foreign to me. I didn't think I could recall the last time I saw either of them with their eyes closed and mundanely lying in a bed.

The two men had gone on a venture we knew nothing about. They have been doing that for the past few days since we came to this mysterious land. They went on their ways and met people we had no clue about. Genie was left to be my bodyguard. In the meantime I played the role of Rapunzel; trapped in the high tower and forced to be segregated from the real world. Or whatever this place was. It didn't matter though because right now we were about to create one of our own.

I shook my head, hating the fact that there was a high probability that we could fail and be caught redhanded...or worse.

It wasn't something I wanted to happen. I had seen the image of Angelo angry before and I did not want to be on the receiving end despite everything that has happened between us.

I still didn't fully trust him to not entrap me or do something else, like I don't know, murder me.

Okay, maybe I was being a bit dramatic about the latter part, but I just didn't want history to supposedly repeat itself.

"It's time." I whispered to Genie after gently shaking her shoulders to get her attention.

Her eyes snapped open like she had awoken from the dead.

It was an accurate description with how her arms were positioned across her chest as she lied in bed. The black outfit she wore too blended with the shadows of the room.

Everything had been pre-meditated. The timing, our clothing, the luggage we had which was light and only held the necessities (light sources, water, food and a stolen pendant from Angelo's room).

Genie had mentioned earlier that the only way one could escape here was to break through the barrier he created around the house. I was never aware that one even existed until one morning she pointed out how the birds never made it pass a certain limit of the sky. I watched with my own two eyes as they hit the space like there was an invisible shield before redirecting themselves. The pendant was a magical item, one of which was necessary to have in order to succesfully walk through the shield. Maybe that was the reason why they couldn't take us out to town or maybe that was what they used to justify this little stunt of theirs. It didn't matter that Angelo had told Genie to make sure I didn't pull any "funny business". I couldn't do so even if I wanted to because there was no way I could make it past these grounds.

Realizing that he had been playing us all along was not a very good feeling. So taking one of his most prized possessions and leaving like this didn't feel all that bad.

There was a bigger part of me that was conscious of the fact that he would eventually find me. I was sure that he would work something out with even the devil if that meant getting a trail of me.

He had expressed that much when it came to how much my presence in his life now meant to him.

In comparison to the past, Angelo was much more desperate and edgy.

And that was something to be cautious of.

It was no secret that nothing good ever came from one being at wit's end.

Imagine that being the case for a mythical creature like him; a whole angel.

However, until then, I had to figure something out. If it meant only finding one jigsaw piece out of a thousand, I'd still consider this a worthy trial.

Removing myself from my thoughts, I crept alongside Genie. With stealthiness we started to leave the big mansion which was once a heaven now turned hell for us. Once we abandoned the way back to our rooms, Genie was the one to lead the way. She signaled to me using her hands and other non-verbal actions.

I could feel my heart pounding as if it were a train on tracks. There was a profound level of fear stuffed within my chest. I felt like if I didn't make it out of here in one piece I would never know what it would feel like to breathe again.

I followed Genie like my life depended on it—which it probably did.

It was crazy how the people that we came here with and trusted the most turned into enemies we had to turn our backs on until we got a sense of clarity.

Within the next five minutes we had successfully made it down the hallway and past Cupid's bedroom. For the first time in a long while I felt a feeling of humor tickle my stomach as the sounds of his obnoxious snores penetrated through his closed door.

With a clear warning in her gaze, Genie looked at me sternly. She was telling me not to react.

She pointed to her ears, mouthing, "He has a good sense of hearing".

Instantly, I paled.

It didn't take much then to snap out of it.

If he heard us, we would be screwed because there was no way he wouldn't do something within his nature—like set off an alarm with his mouth to alert his friend that we were running away. If that happened, we couldn't even fight him off to escape before Angelo would appear. I was a flimsy human and Genie was as physically useful as a tent caught in the rain. The only thing I was aware she was capable of other than her sharp reflexes was the fact that she could shapeshift into a damn feline. And even that probably had something to do with the entire catwoman thing.

The two of us breathed a sigh of relief once we made it past his room in one piece. That feeling didn't last long when we looked and saw something unexpected.

The door to Angelo's room was left open.

In sheer panic, I turned to Genie.

She disregarded my wide eyes and clamped down onto my forearm. That was the only way she could have me still. It was a shame that nothing could have been done to my heart though. It was beating like drums.

It was eerily silent but my ears rang with a beeping sound. It was most likely the premonition of the flat line of our deaths if we were caught.

Nevertheless, it seemed Genie had other plans. Her face had never been more focused and unyielding.

From the moment I had come up with this plan and she had no choice but to cave to my unilateral decision, there was no turning back for her. That was the reason why the sight of an open door did not faze her. No matter whose it was.

It was so messed up—how his room was the only thing between us and the exit. We had contemplated the back door but it was closed with huge padlocks and chains. They had purposefully framed this place to have only one way in and one way out. The same destination being directly in their paths.

Despite my confidence in being able to leave without any qualms, even I was feeling unsure of this. I tried to shake the feeling, but the thought of facing Angelo's silver eyes in a disappointed and hurt hue (after his anger subsided) was something I was not mentally prepared for. Especially when I was tied between wanting to hate and love this man again.

Genie gave me a sharp glance and before I could register what was happening, the irises of her eyes contracted and were replaced by a jarring yellow beyond her pupils.

Within the next second, she disappeared and below me replaced her human form with a familiar black cat.

I gaped at seeing the transformation for a second time before she looked at me while raising a paw, indicating for me to wait. How did I understand her? I had no clue.

I guess it wasn't much different than her mouthing directions to me earlier, but this felt harder to adjust to.

This entire scene was working to prove the theory that cats didn't speak or act like humans to avoid paying taxes.

I watched in a trance while Genie went straight in the direction of the open door. Her fur was a silken breath of the shadow as it moved on soundless paws.

Her confidence with each step in this form was enthralling.

The moonlight shone onto her coat for a split second, letting me see her when I lost her even though I had my eyes on her the entire time.

The universe seemed to be a witness to the boldness of this as the lightning struck before a clap of thunder came.

I covered my mouth, suppressing my squeal of shock because of how loud it was outside.

Finally making it to the door, Genie swung a paw with sleek precision and forced it shut. I whimpered as it came forward and clicked ever so lightly. It was a wonder how she got the momentum right for it not to creak or slam entirely.

I didn't wait for her to tell me—I ran.

I dashed past the door and towards the exit.

She did the same with limbs which stretched further than my larger body did in comparison.

We made it to the door finally and opened it with a flick of a latch. When we stepped outside, Genie crossed the boundary and was back into her human form. I looked at her, amazed.

"That was so freaking cool!" I exclaimed in a hush.

She smiled. "Some people teased me saying what I'd do with a cat as my alternative form but if only they could see me now."

I giggled. "From today onwards, cats are the most badass animals. At least in my book." I rated them a five out of five mentally. "And what do you mean by alternative form? I thought you were using some form of magic but I guess not. Does that mean everyone has something they can turn into?"

"Only those facing punishments or the damned usually do. Though ninety percent of the time we're stuck with creatures they consider harmless or useless."

"Who are 'they'?"

She sighed. "I'd love to stand and explain everything to you but I don't think that would be a good idea considering where we still are."

I looked around at the mansion and stopped dead in my tracks at a light flickering on. It was from Cupid's bedroom on the second floor.

"L-Let's go." I stuttered.

She grabbed my hand and made a run for it.

I glanced over at her as we ran like crazy.

Her face was stiff from either the cold or fright of whomever had woken up and would realize we were gone.

I wasn't exactly sure which one it was. All I knew was she accompanied me with a tight grip into the outskirts of the woods in the pitch black night.

***

A/N:

Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing you all health and happiness. Starting the year off right with two chapters hehe ^^ Don't forget to vote!

Got any questions about the book, characters or the author? Drop a comment down below. I'll be doing a Q&A later on which I think will be super fun!

You might just be lucky enough to have your curiosity stroked. ;)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

103K 4.1K 55
IMPORTANT: The story contains lots of swooning moments, funny insults, chaotic and HOT situations, staring contests with a couple of intense blue eye...
33.8K 3K 81
Year 2095, couples are now decided and set by the Marriage Matchmaker application, and any other romantic interaction besides this match is strictly...
792 181 25
*ONC 2024 entry* **Round Two Ambassador's Pick** She's an angel of love; an ill-fitting name, as she's no angel. She strives for a world devoid of pa...
7K 189 15
❝Get away from me Enzo .❞ I said with pure annoyance from this man. I stumbled outside in the rain to get myself away from him, but then suddenly he...