A Diamond Heart

By Maryel_73

A vow is a vow, it shouldn't be broken. But Fernando Perez broke a vow he made 13years ago never to fall in l... More

Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Epilogue

Episode 42

299 16 0
By Maryel_73

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 42

The playlist for this chapter is 'Frawley - Knocking on my heart' Do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

*~~One Month Later~~*

Fernando's POV

One month is gone and my love for Micaela has grown stronger. She has truly proven to be my healer and my peace of mind.  Her love for me is beyond words. Whenever we are together, I feel so peaceful and happy. The only thing that has been a little barrier to us is the distance.

She has changed my opinion about the female gender, something my best friend Antonio and my mom tried to do for years now. I now respect and love the female gender more than I've ever done. I even made Micaela's friends my friends. I now enjoy spending time with her and her friends. This past month has been the best month of my life, it has been filled with so much happiness and peace.

Just like Micaela and I agreed, sex has been kept aside from our relationship. We agreed not to defile ourselves until we are legally married. But notwithstanding, we've had some romantic moments that most couples are missing out on just because they focus more on the sex part of a relationship rather than the quality time that needs to be spent with each other. I came to realize lovemaking is the least of things that strengthen a relationship.

Micaela and I have toured two countries already which are Turkey and Singapore and we are still planning to go for more vacations. We both have some list of countries on our bucket lists to visit after we are married. I intend to shower with lots of surprises just as I've been doing. I'm getting amazed at how my gestures are more romantic than I'd expected.

To celebrate our one-month courtship anniversary, I invited her over to Madrid for the very first time. The plans I had in store for her weren't disclosed until she gets here. Part of my plan is to introduce her to my family and a few of my business partners.

I glance at my wristwatch and it was exactly 3 pm when her flight will arrive here. I was already waiting up at the airport to welcome her. It's been one week since I set my eyes on her last, I've missed her so much.

Speaking of her, here she comes looking so strikingly gorgeous as usual. We both met gaze and I practically discarded any other thing around me and focused on her. She flashed me a compelling smile which I returned with my smile.

I couldn't wait for her to get to me, I met her halfway and hugged her so tightly. "I miss you so much, mine" I whisper and peck her cheeks.

"I miss you too, my darling. I'm so happy to be with you again".

"I am the happiest! Let me take you home, we have a lot to talk about" I took her luggage and led her to my car.

When we got home my younger brother, Suarez, was in the living room watching some horror movie as usual. "Hey, buddy!" I called out for his attention and his head snapped in our direction.

"Brother!" He exclaims excitedly and made a move to stand up but then he relaxed back on his sit and his facial expression was that of shock.

I furrowed my brows at him confusedly and I glance briefly at my woman and she gave me a shrug. I returned my gaze to him and he was still staring at us. I was expecting him to lurch forward and come say hello to my fiancee but no, he was doing quite the opposite.

A minute had gone by and was still gaping at us...or no, not us but my woman. My forehead creased and my gaze narrowed in suspicion. "What's up kiddo?"

"Micaela Alvarado!" He mumbles her name and I squint at my lady who was also staring at him with wide eyes.

Anxiety took charge of me and I was dying to know what was going on here. Do the both of them know each other?

"Mine, have you met with my brother before now?" I ask desperately glancing from her to my brother.

One, two, three, four, or maybe 20 seconds later before I heard "No, my life. It's my first time meeting him in person aside from the pictures you've shown to me".

I let out a breath I'd been holding and my mind became partially at rest. My gaze diverted to my brother, he was still staring at my woman.
"Buddy? Have you met my woman before?" 

My brother rose from his seat and walked up to us. "What I'm about to say is quite unbelievable!-" He started and a frown found its place on my face.

I shared a confused glance with my woman. What does he mean by that?

"I'm a huge fan of yours, Micaela Alvarado! I've read all of your books and I've been waiting for series 2 of your new release Shattered Hearts!"

My mouth formed an 'o' and I heard a gasp escape from Micaela's mouth. I squint at her and I found her staring speechlessly in a gap at my brother. A smile spread on my face and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders to calm her.

I'm very proud to have her as my woman, she is an asset, not a liability. I'm happy she belongs to me. My gaze traces the path to my brother "Wow, that was unexpected. I didn't know you are a fan of my woman" I told.

"Oh, my God! This is unbelievable" she giggles blushing so hard.

"I know right? I'll be needing your autograph" My brother winks at her and we both laugh.

"That's not a problem, you'll have it before I leave. You can have as many of my autographs as you want since you are going to be my brother-in-law" she replied and we all laughed.

"Roger that. So, when is Shattered Hearts 2 coming out?" he asks and I squint at my girlfriend.

I'm happy to know that my brother is a fan of hers, imagine what the relationship will be like now that they are in-laws. Unlike me, my brother is a novel freak, he loves reading books, especially fictional books. I wasn't surprised when he said he's a fan of Micaela.

Talking about Shattered Hearts, was the same book that connected me to her. I thought she had answers to my past but I found out she had more than just answers, she became the healer of my past instead. Although I never had the chance to ask her the inspiration behind that story, I'm happy I came to her.

"Soon" I heard her answer my brother's question. "I'm working on it. You'll be the first to know when I'm done with it".

"But why him, not me?" I frown at her and she snickered.

"C'mon bro, don't be so jealous" Suarez snorted and I rolled my eyes at both of them.

"I'm sorry but I'm the author here and I choose who reads my book first," Micaela said in a bossy tone and I snorted.

"Great, I like how that sounds! Can I take a selfie with you? I want to show the world that Micaela Alvarado one of the top best-selling authors of all time is here in my house and she's my sister-in-law-to-be!" Suarez exclaims excitedly and Micaela tackles.

"I'm flattered" she replied grinning widely and I couldn't help but kiss her cheek in admiration. She's so cute when she blushes.

"Ain't I lucky to have a brilliant girlfriend like you, my own?" I cooed and she laughs.

"I'm jealous of you guys right now, I guess I need to invite my girlfriend over" my brother jokes and came wrapping his arm around my babe's shoulder while he takes off mine. I felt pangs of jealousy hit me and I scowled at him.

"You have to be careful, she's mine only" I reminded him, and they both glanced at me for a second and burst into laughter.

"Someone is being overly possessive here" he teased and Micaela nodded.

"You can say that again. C'mon let's take some pictures" She wrapped her arm around his waist and my brother position his phone camera.

"Please step aside, don't spoil this beautiful photoshoot of ours" my brother deadpans and I groaned irritatingly.

"That's not happening" I retorted and made my face visible to the camera while he takes a shot.

"Please bro, step aside, you are ruining these pictures" he whines and I shot him a nasty glare.

"Should I remind you she's my girlfriend, not yours?, this whole picture thing is over, we are going upstairs. She needs to rest and freshen up before the party time".

"Party?" Micaela asks with a raised brow and my brother and I shared a glance. How come I forgot I'm meant to keep it a secret?

There was silence in the room. "The thing is my brother here just wants us to have dinner as a family and get to know you better...you know what I mean right?" My brother spoke up breaking the silence.

"Oh! yes, I understand" She smiles sheepishly and I shared a glance with my brother. I nod slightly in appreciation for covering up for me.

Because of that act, I allowed them to take more pictures.

"We'll leave you, for now, see you later," I called off the photoshoot session they were having and led Micaela to my room.

"We still have later to take more pictures, Micaela!" Suarez yelled after us.

"Whatever!" I yelled back and slammed my bedroom door while Micaela chuckles at my level of jealousy.

Well, you can say I'm a bit possessive...or maybe so possessive, I don't know. She's my woman, so I can be possessive as I want.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 307 32
a story how a young woman fell in love with a man through a forced marriage ••• Violet Rosé McQuoid, a 23 year old who dreamt to become a doctor to c...
12M 213K 42
Cecilia Sanchez was getting married to multi billionaire, Joseph Taylor. Cecilia loved Joseph will all her heart and soul. They were high school swee...
97.7K 2.9K 51
I stared into his dark eyes and l saw a complete stranger. I couldn't recognise the person he had become. The eyes that once sparkled with unbridled...
36.6K 1.2K 31
He's mean, tall, handsome and is a bossy man. But He's only searching for one thing.. And that's to settle down. He's thirty so why not? His taste i...