Something Worth Fighting For

By preciious-diamondz

What would you fight for? Your best friends, the people in your town, perhaps your country, or maybe even a s... More

Something Worth Fighting For Prologue
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 1
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 2
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 3
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 4
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 5
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 6
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 7
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 8
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 9
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 10
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 11
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 12
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 13
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 14
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 15
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 16
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 17
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 18
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 19
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 20
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 22
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 23
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 24
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 25
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 26
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 27
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 28
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 29
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 30
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 31
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 32
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 33
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 34
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 35
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 36
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 37
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 38
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 39
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 40
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 41
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 42
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 43
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 44
Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 45
Something Worth Fighting For Epilogue

Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 21

6.4K 23 8
By preciious-diamondz

 Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 21

Lachlan’s back gardens appeared to be even more beautiful at night.

It was lit up with many different lights and the water features glowed radiantly against the background of plants.

Suddenly he stopped short in the middle of the garden, pulling her close.

"I can't wait to show you just how much I love you," he whispered. 

“Sound great,” she said, looking away from Lachlan.

All she could see in his eyes was lust – perhaps even a type of love that could only come from someone as obsessed as Lachlan.

“I have something to give you too,” said Lachlan, pulling something out from his left pocket.

“A brand new iPhone,” smiled Marian, taking it from him.

“Yeah, it’s a slightly better version then the last one you had,” he said casually, as money was no problem for him. “Same as before too – so you can only call me, which should be okay with you, since you are really starting to warm up to me and making a commitment into being my girlfriend.”

‘What.The.Hell,’ thought Marian.

“Since when did I make that commitment?” asked Marian boldly.

“Since when I was gracious and gave you a week to get used to the fact of sleeping with me,” he growled. “I could have easily chosen otherwise.”

‘And you’re just lucky I didn’t cut your balls off at the first chance I got.’

His scowl immediately changed into a smirk as he looked at his phone.

“One minute Marian,” he said, walking down the garden path to answer his phone.

“That’s all I need,” she whispered, taking out Archer’s phone and putting up the message screen.

Combination is 1 7 3 7 2. I will try organise with Lucas an exact time for you to break into the vault.

-Marian

“Message sent,” she whispered, tucking the phone back into its special hiding place, just in time as Lachlan came back to her.

“I think it’s time we went inside and had a nice relaxing bubble bath,” commented Lachlan, wrapping an arm around her waist and walking her down the garden’s path.

“We?” asked Marian worriedly.

Lachlan sighed – he probably wouldn’t be able to resist her if she were butt naked. Heck, it was hard enough when she was fully clothed.

“Fine, wear a bikini or something if you really must cover up.”

“Thank you,” said Marian, her voice barely above a whisper.

                                                                    ***

“So the plan is to break into the house on Friday night, get the stuff out of the vault and don’t die in the process?” asked Tyler.

“Yeah, it’ll be easy,” said Archer, looking around at his friends.

“Dangerous more like,” muttered Dan.

“Marian and Lachlan are the only ones in the house – how hard could it be?” asked Alex.

“For a start, he still is armed,” said Ryan.

“So are we,” said Seth, rolling his eyes.

“Plus I think he’ll be a little preoccupied with Marian,” said Tyler.

Archer groaned.

“Don’t even start to remind me.”

Seth glared at Tyler and put a steady hand on Archer’s shoulder.

“Marian will be alright Archer. He obviously loves her so much that he won’t let her g-”

“That’s a freaky love though,” interrupted Tyler.

Seth rolled his eyes again.

“As I was saying, he loves her so much he won’t let her go. In a way it’s protecting Marian – and at least she’s not in our situation. He wants us dead, and if she were with us – he’d want to kill her too. It’ll work out eventually – you’ve just got to push aside some of those thoughts of Marian and Lachlan.”

“And remember, Lachlan’s dealing with a legendary hero of the streets,” added Alex.

Archer nodded.

“So you’re all in?” he asked hopefully, knowing Dan and Ryan weren’t (as usual) too keen.

“All for one and one for all,” smiled Seth.

“Yeah, count us in too,” said Ryan sheepishly, nodding at Tyler and Dan.

They all turned to look at Alex.

“Duh, I’m normally the one who comes up with the plans – of course I’m in.”

“That’s settled then; we have all but a few days to prepare this whole thing – so first thing tomorrow we’ll start to talk about how to get in and out of there alive.”

                                                                    ***

Marian had hidden Archer's phone under the bed and turned it off to make sure there was no way of Lachlan accidently finding it.

She stepped into the bathroom and could see Lachlan lying in the bathtub.

‘Please be wearing pants,’ she thought to herself.

“Come on in Marian,” said Lachlan, stretching his arms out.

She couldn’t tell if Lachlan was actually wearing anything, the bubbles were everywhere.

“That’s a nice bikini you’re wearing,” he commented, smiling at her chest.

“Thank you,” said Marian, getting into the bath next to him.

Her right leg was up against his left one, and she could tell he wasn’t wearing anything.

‘Just don’t look down.’

Lachlan began feeling up her leg; making it all the more tempting for Marian to drown him.

He kissed her neck softly, waiting for her to turn to face him.

Marian however, wanted nothing of it.

He growled and grabbed her neck; turning her to face him.

“Marian you’ll do as you’re told. If not, I’ll force myself on you – and I’m sure you don’t want that. You need to learn to give yourself over to me willingly, because you know I’ll get what I’m after either way.”

Marian whimpered; she could practically feel his eyes burning into her.

She reluctantly put her lips on his and began to kiss him, hating herself for what she was doing.

“Much better,” he mumbled, kissing her back with force.

He pulled her closer and began to trace down her body with one finger.

Marian shuddered out of disgust – although Lachlan took it as enjoyment.

“You’re playing hard to get and yet you can hardly resist me,” he chuckled. “You sure you want to wait until Friday?”

Marian nodded quickly.

“It’ll be special,” she whispered.

Lachlan thought for a moment, as if he were thinking of whether or not to go back on his promise.

“Fine,” he said, rolling his eyes.

                                                                    ***

“Archer’s already asleep?” asked Dan as he climbed into one of the tent’s rooms.

“Yeah, better not disturb him,” whispered Alex, looking over at Archer.

“I think he’s dreaming,” chuckled Tyler.

~ Archer’s dream ~

“Oh Marian, wherefore art thou Marian?” asked Archer, throwing yet another pebble at Marian’s window.

It had been the summer before he had left for war – back when neither of them had a care in the world.

He heard her window opening and looked up to see Marian’s head sticking out of the window.

“What is it Archer?” hissed Marian, glaring down at the boy who had interrupted her sleep in.

“You’re looking particularly beautiful this fine morning,” winked Archer. "And I was hoping you'd be able to come outside."

“Archer,” whined Marian. “You know I can’t leave the house – I’m grounded.”

“You’ll be back before your father wakes up.”

“Where are we going?” she questioned.

“Trust me, you’ll like it,” Archer responded.

Marian grumbled and huffed.

“It better be,” she hissed. “Give me a minute.”

Archer smiled; he was pretty smooth.

He could see Marian quickly run over to her wardrobe and chuck on the first dress she found.

It was a light blue summery dress that went just above the knee and had a white ribbon as a belt.

She brushed her hair quickly and sprayed herself with some perfume.

She put on a pair of ballet flats and climbed out her window – remembering to leave a tiny part open so she could get back in.

She carefully made her way down the vines, making sure she wouldn’t fall.

Once she was safely on the ground, he took her hand and started to run off, dragging her behind.

“Where are we going?” asked Marian, trying to keep up with him.

She saw he had a backpack on his shoulders and a grin plastered on his face.

“Don’t worry Marian, it’s not too far!” he called over his shoulders.

They kept running until they got to a hill; Marian stopping and turning to face him.

“I’m not running up that hill,” she panted.

“It’s just up the hill,” said Archer, pulling her along again.

“Fine,” she groaned.

She jogged up the hill with Archer and stopped short, gaping at the view before her.

“Pretty aye?” said Archer, taking the backpack off his shoulders.

“Uh huh,” replied Marian, looking out from their little spot.

She could see a beautiful sunrise in the distance that lit up the whole sky.

Archer took out a picnic rug and spread it out over the lush green grass.

“Sit,” he said, turning back to the backpack.

Marian did as he said and looked at her surroundings.

Archer began lifting out muffins and other little pastries, then filling two cups with orange juice.

“Now Marian, I know it’s not much – but I thought a little bit of a breakfast picnic would be nice.”

“It’s perfect,” smiled Marian. “And my father won’t even miss me since it’s early.”

Archer offered her a pastry but she pushed it away and leaned forward.

He put the plate of food down and made contact with her lips.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“And I love you too,” giggled Marian.

“ARCHER!” yelled Tyler.

“Ah-what?” asked Archer, sitting up quickly.

“Are you okay?” asked Alex from the other side of the tent’s room.

“Yeah, I was asleep until you woke me up,” said Archer, looking at Tyler.

“So was I until you whispered ‘I love you’ in my ear and tried to kiss me,” said Tyler, pulling a face.

“I did?” asked Archer.

“Yeah, pretty disturbing – I thought you were joking until you didn’t pull back.”

“He was probably dreaming of Marian,” called Seth from the next room over. “Get over it and go back to sleep for goodness sake.”

Archer sighed loudly.

“Sorry Tyler,” he muttered, rolling over.

Marian had always remained in his heart, even in war.

He had often dreamt about her – but now the dreams were becoming more frequent.

It made him ask the question, why?

                                                                    ***

“You look nice in this,” said Lachlan holding Marian close to his chest.

They were both lying in bed; with Marian wanting to cover herself up more.

She wore a small pink nightgown that was even shorter than the last one.

Lachlan claimed she needed to start wearing sexy things each night because that’s what he wanted – and she had to do as he said if she was to stay in his ‘good books’.

“Thanks,” muttered Marian, letting a tear fall down her face.

She had to be strong – there were still some things that were worth fighting for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
18.5K 362 18
Everyone has secrets. We treasure them, we keep them, we treat them like our nearest and dearest - our prize possesions. It's what you do when they...
160K 6K 67
"No, please I don't want to die now. Please God help me." I keep saying. "We will die. Ask God to forgive you. I swear I said that I don't wanna trav...